PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 400

darkmetal505
Thu, 05-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Naruto 400 - SleepyFans (http://rapidshare.com/files/115230149/Naruto_400_SleepyFans_.zip.html)

400 by Binktopia (http://www.mangashare.com/dl/Naruto_400/1460/)

rockmanj
Thu, 05-15-2008, 11:22 PM
That's pretty sad...

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 05-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Poor Itachi, all this time they've set him up to be some sort of ultimate villain, and now we learn he truly had sasuke's best interests at heart. I find that somewhat disbelieving considering he literally put sasuke into a coma, but oh well, go with the flow.

Sasuke mental breakdown in 3.....2......

Idealistic
Fri, 05-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Man... Pretty deep story behind the Uchiha. So everything makes sense now. Itachi said all those things to Sasuke because he wanted Sasuke to kill him.

But umm... What if Sasuke killed Naruto back then and he got his MS already? Would there really be a need for Itachi to want Sasuke to kill him? Because If I understood what I just read, Itachi wanted Sasuke to kill him so he could gain MS.

:confused:

February
Fri, 05-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Its very deep...One thing that bothers me is that why Itachi would just let Sasuke kill him. I mean, he should try to explain it to Sasuke even if he doesn't listen. He seems extremely selfless to give his life for the sake of his brother's power but why not just become stronger himself and protect Sasuke from harm?

I guess Madara really did hate Uchihas for betraying him...and this explains why he didn't take over the village already. But I wonder, why Madara needed to accept Itachi's offer. Because Madara shouldn't need Itachi's help for killing the clan...I can see him strong enough to do that alone.

I can see Sasuke planning to get revenge on Danzo and the village elders now. Maybe he'll choose to attack Root since it is Danzo's personal division

Zhan
Fri, 05-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Its very deep...One thing that bothers me is that why Itachi would just let Sasuke kill him. I mean, he should try to explain it to Sasuke even if he doesn't listen. He seems extremely selfless to give his life for the sake of his brother's power but why not just become stronger himself and protect Sasuke from harm?

Probably because Itachi wanted to die himself, he didn't really have anything to live for anyway, plus he was an exiled ninja, known to be the murderer of the whole Uchiha clan and hated by everyone, which is why he probably wanted to die. Itachi wanted Sasuke to get stronger and to protect himself, if he told Sasuke what happened then Sasuke probably wouldn't be as strong as he is now. Being strong enough to protect yourself is always better than someone else protecting you.

Chiodos
Fri, 05-16-2008, 08:29 AM
That's pretty sad...

I think it's pretty sad that Madara cut his hair short.
And also, this chapter makes me think that Sasuke><Naruto, just for awhile, maybe. He'd problaby have more ulterior motives, agendas, whatnot whenever this "Hey, let's sit down and talk!"-thing is over.

I still have a question. Why is Madara doing this? Is this the thing Itachi asked for? And what does himself gain from being in Akatsuki?

...the chapters tells more in the upcoming future, it seems.

Assertn
Fri, 05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Wow...rapidshare sucks balls...seriously....
400 by Binktopia (http://www.mangashare.com/dl/Naruto_400/1460/)

So...when Danzou issued the order to Sai to kill Sasuke, it was actually for more than one reason....
Not only is Sasuke a traitor that defected to Oro, but he's the sole survivor of a clan that tried to wipe out Konoha.

I wonder if, now that Itachi is dead, Danzou will double his efforts to eliminate Sasuke.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-16-2008, 01:15 PM
still not buying it.

isn't it possible that Madare was the one planning the betrayal along with Sasuke's father? but when Itachi came to him he decided that it would be impossible now (I'm not ruling out an option that Itachi was stronger than Madare), so he joined the killing to make sure Itachi doesn't get EMSed by any chance.

If The village really wanted, they couldv'e spare the young uchihas and keep them, so in a generation or two, the clan would regain it's power but would have lost the ambition.

other than that, I wish we would have gotten something more serious than Uchiha craplore for the 400th chapter...

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Wow...it seems that Kishi's getting serious about this story. It took awhile for the punchline to come, but its here...and it's pretty damned amazing. As good as anything I've ever seen. From the way Madara's telling the story, I don't think roots existed at the time this happened. The third knew about this, even though it seems pretty obvious it was all Danzou's idea, so there was no real need for covert op within a covert op. Though, I do see roots forming as a direct result of the fallout of this.

As for Sasuke...oh man...oh man. Marv from Sin City said it best: "If you're going to kill a man, you've got to be sure..." He didn't do any research to find out what really happened, and so he paid the price. Vengence...beautiful thing eh? Also, just as I'm about to go off on Sasuke for being such a moron, I now remember, he's just a kid. He's 15 now, he 12 when we met him, and he was about 10 when his clan was destroyed...you can't really expect anything better from him. Bravo to this story.

Mkadoza
Fri, 05-16-2008, 06:28 PM
still not buying it.

isn't it possible that Madare was the one planning the betrayal along with Sasuke's father? but when Itachi came to him he decided that it would be impossible now (I'm not ruling out an option that Itachi was stronger than Madare), so he joined the killing to make sure Itachi doesn't get EMSed by any chance.

If The village really wanted, they couldv'e spare the young uchihas and keep them, so in a generation or two, the clan would regain it's power but would have lost the ambition.

other than that, I wish we would have gotten something more serious than Uchiha craplore for the 400th chapter...

I dont know. It all makes a good amount of sense... Madara was the one who told Itachi how to get Mangekyou. Itachi missed a clan meeting (one could now presume concerning the coup d'etat) to kill Shisui and get the Mangekyou, then proceeded to wipe out the clan. And rereading some of the older chapters, you could see that Itachi was mad at the short-sightedness of the Uchiha to even start the coup d'etat, believing that they valued the glory of the Uchiha before establishing a lasting peace.

And honestly this was a great 400th chapter. Everything Sasuke thought he knew about... everything is shattered. It'll be interesting to see how he responds to this and how it effects the dynamic between him and Naruto (most likely of the Senju) and him and the village.( Could be ugly)

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Dunno if any one else remembers this point... before Sasuke left Konoha with the Sound 4 Kakashi had him tied up and was having a chat with him. He warned him not to go down the path of venegence, saying it was not worth it and he would be left feeling emptier than before. I'm pretty sure that's what he said. Seem's kinda poigniant now doesn't it?

johntmh
Fri, 05-16-2008, 08:30 PM
So, it was a mistake all long this time for Sasuke to kill his own blood brother, Uchiha Itachi. The truth has unveiled by the Uchiha Madara, that Itachi's mission from Kohona was to destroy the whole uchiha clan. Being double agent is really hard when he loves peace so much, but when considering the best option, ending the record book of his own clan was the only choice he could chose. Poor Sasuke. He is going to regret for hating his own brother so much after he was told the truth by Madara.

However, it's been a question on who actually won in the battle between the brothers? Well, the battle started on with two in genjutsu world, then they fought with ninjutsu in real world. It was unquestionable that Itachi did have problem in defeating Sasuke when his health condition had deteriorate due to excessive use of his Mangekyo Sharingan before. However, after reading volume 400, I am pretty sure that Itachi had no intention of taking his own brother's eyes. Maybe he was planning to plant his eyes to Sasuke during the battle, but Sasuke was too good for him at the moment and defensed it.

Nevertheless, after a hard and intense defence by Sasuke, Itachi still managed to control the battle with his Amaterasu and the final jutsu.

Therefore, from my abstract thought, Itachi won the battle against Sasuke but just right before he died, he planted all my eye techniques to Sasuke and fall in order to protect Sasuke from Madara. If Itachi has the intention to kill Sasuke from the beginning, then he surely has the opportunity to do just right before he fall. Sasuke was out of chakra and can't fend off Itachi's final jutsu. It's so obvious that Sasuke going to lose at the time.

From: Goodbye Itachi (http://naruto2talk.blogspot.com/2008/05/goodbye-uchiha-itachi.html)

poopdeville
Sat, 05-17-2008, 01:37 AM
This was a weird chapter.

Why is Madara putting so much of the blame on himself? And absolving the Third? I think he wants Sasuke to return to Konoha.

Picture it: Sasuke returns, but it's not the end of the story. Madara manipulates Sasuke and Naruto into fighting. Sasuke ultimately kills Naruto, the last living Senju. The war between the Uchiha and Senju is finally over. Madara becomes Hokage.

The End. You know that would be cool.

johntmh
Sat, 05-17-2008, 03:37 PM
I think there's another reason why the battle dragged long. Itachi might probably tried to make Sasuke out of chakra so that Orochimaru will show himself. I quite convince that Itachi was waiting for this and then use the jutsu to put Orochimaru in genjutsu forever. Then, Itachi's final wish is to pass all his tehnique to his younger brother so that Sasuke will be stronger to be able to protect himself 'cos Itachi will not longer be there to protect his younger brother. A lovely brother.....

From: Goodbye Itachi (http://naruto2talk.blogspot.com/2008/05/goodbye-uchiha-itachi.html)

poopdeville
Sat, 05-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Dude, stop posting links to your blog. If you have something you want us to read, post it here.

johntmh
Sat, 05-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Sorry about that cos sometime i might write a review of naruto manga vol. in my blog for my friend's reading. But I would like to share it here too. So, maybe it's a bit disturbing but will it be ok if i change it to 'my webpage'.

joker-kun
Sat, 05-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Sorry about that cos sometime i might write a review of naruto manga vol. in my blog for my friend's reading. But I would like to share it here too. So, maybe it's a bit disturbing but will it be ok if i change it to 'my webpage'.

You fail, so does your blog.

Warning here I come~

johntmh
Sun, 05-18-2008, 04:36 AM
Since i am not very welcome here, then i would just have to close my account. Anyway, I still want to say thanks for to all for reading my post about my opinion on Itachi.. Thank you.

itadakimasu
Sun, 05-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Did somebody just join the forums and through this thread get bullied into leaving the forums?

Anyhow, my only thoughts on this chapter is the 2nd to last page.... is sasukes sharingan changing? and what was with madaras mask when it started going black?

Rikudo
Sun, 05-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Maybe that is the real way to acquire Mangekyou, through "realisation." Madara, Itachi and now Sasuke have been through some tough point in their life and gaining Magenkyou is some sort of metaphor to actually being able to see everything.

February
Mon, 05-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Since i am not very welcome here, then i would just have to close my account. Anyway, I still want to say thanks for to all for reading my post about my opinion on Itachi.. Thank you.

Don't worry about other people, sometimes people can be an ass. Anyway welcome to the forums and your posts about Itachi are very insightful. Any post about each chapter each week is helpful in every way

Chiodos
Mon, 05-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Still, wont Sasuke need someone elses eyes to not be affected by the MS drawbacks? I know Madara did mention about something about Sasukes eyes but still..

Zhan
Mon, 05-19-2008, 03:28 PM
He'll probably kill Madara and take it off him later on.

Sidnne
Mon, 05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
and what was with madaras mask when it started going black?

That was just a poorly drawn shadow. He has a candle to right, which is lighting up the right side of his face and casting a shadow on the left.

Don't worry about other people, sometimes people can be an ass. Anyway welcome to the forums and your posts about Itachi are very insightful. Any post about each chapter each week is helpful in every way

Making a post is one thing. Making half a post with the other half being a link to one's blog is another. It's annoying and unwelcome and an attempt to draw traffic to one's own site.

If you're going to make a post, then make it here. Don't partially post it and extort people to your site and away from this one. Post it here so it can be replied to, discussed, commented on, praised and/or criticized here.

Rikudo
Mon, 05-19-2008, 09:42 PM
I can't wait to see the impending "Roots" uprising against Konoha. A good way to get away from Akatsuki and Sasuke story until the right time comes.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 05-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Hrrrm...I don't know if I, or someone else mentioned this before, but at the Itachi and Sasuke fight, I really don't think Sasuke would've won if Itachi had been normal. Ok...fine that's been said, but what might be new, is when considering what Itachi was seeking to do with Sasuke, there might have been no choice. Here's what I think, Itachi wanted Sasuke to get extremely strong, to the point where Sasuke would defeat him, and hand him the eyes. But Itachi kept coughing up blood and what not, which indicates there was some kind of problem. Maybe Itachi was dying to begin with and had to transfer the power to Sasuke at that point, knowing he wouldn't have another opportunity to do so?

poopdeville
Mon, 05-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I can't wait to see the impending "Roots" uprising against Konoha. A good way to get away from Akatsuki and Sasuke story until the right time comes.

Sasuke is obviously going to fight Roots, on Konoha's side. He might not return to the village, but he's going to kill Danzo. Madara has made it very clear that the Third Hokage was not involved in the destruction of the Uchiha, and actively opposed it.

Kusanagi
Tue, 05-20-2008, 07:21 AM
Ahh but remember how Sasuke's emo ass is still crying 'lies lies lies'

Its been what, 4 manga chapters with the story so far? And that's pretty much all Sasuke has done imho. I like the idea of Sasuke going back to konoha but that would put a damper on where Sai stands and what to do with him, unless he goes back to Roots as a double agent.

Tyreal
Tue, 05-20-2008, 11:33 AM
where Sai stands and what to do with him

Well Sasuke could just kill Sai, you know with Sai being part of Root and the leader of root ordering the death of the Uchiha it isn't that far fetched.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 05-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Or Sai could provide inside info on the workings of Root and be on the same side as Sasuke.

Sidnne
Tue, 05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
If Sasuke goes back to Konoha and they accept him back, I will be extremely pissed.

He is a missing-nin and Tsunade should have the same objective that Roots has of hunting Sasuke down, just like they would with any other fugitive ninja. Sasuke should be viewed in the same regard as Zabuza, Orochimaru, Itachi, and every member of Akatsuki. He abandoned the village, is a traitor, and has even attacked Konoha shinobi.

The way I see it, Roots is the good guys here and are just policing the Sasuke situation with the same code that they would with any other missing-nin. Sasuke is a traitor to the village, and Naruto, Tsunade, etc. are all idiots for not wanting to hunt him down.

Assertn
Tue, 05-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah...I don't think roots is going to like....invade/destroy konoha...

Tenbatsu
Tue, 05-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Still, wont Sasuke need someone elses eyes to not be affected by the MS drawbacks? I know Madara did mention about something about Sasukes eyes but still..

Madara kept Itachis body, maybe for sasuke to get the eyes?

February
Tue, 05-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Madara kept Itachis body, maybe for sasuke to get the eyes?

wow I forgot about Itachi's body. I guess Madara kept it. I think its more for Madara's own gain rather than Sasuke's. Madara has no use for Itachi's eyes since his MS doesn't deteriorate but perhaps it could be very valuable to other powerful ninjas. Especially since there are no more Uchihas left to take the eyes from. I don't know about you but I know that I would sell my car + house just to get half a pair of Sharingans :P

johntmh
Wed, 05-21-2008, 07:46 AM
In response to post above, first of all, I would really to thanks february for the comfort. I truly love to share my views on Naruto to the fan. Recently, I have started to write my own sincere comment and views to the series in my blog but at the same time would like to share to others as well. I feel sad that the blog is not read by anyone so I thought I could at least invite some people to left some comment at the site. Anyway, I hope I can still write here.

My latest view about the motives of Madara is that there is a possibility that Madara is trying to brain wash Sasuke to join him in order to get a revenge on Konoha. However, if the Madara is the true leader of Akatsuki, then what is the real objective of Akatsuki organisation? Even if he sounds like a good person, but I believe Itachi didn't really trust Madara since he was trying to prevent his conversation with Sasuke during his battle with Sasuke from Zetsu. There must be a reason why he is trying to prevent Zetsu from listening to all the conversation.

Sasuke will probably join Madara to achive Madara's goal. Madara probably will tell Sasuke about his good intention in restoring peace to the world but there's a utterior motives behind his acts and he is trying to use Sasuke to his advantage. This is because Madara is so worry about Sasuke being taken by the Konoha team which there is a possibility where Itachi had told Naruto something about what will happens if Sasuke is taken by Madara. Itachi may probably predicted his death beforehand and told Naruto to take care of his younger brother and advised Naruto to be more careful as he is targeted by the Akatsuki.

From http://naruto2talk.blogspot.com/2008/05/what-will-happen-next.html. Please don't click the link if you're not interested in my views. I just feel really want to share my opinion. Hope this will do fine. Once again, sorry and thanks..

Darthmoe
Wed, 05-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Madara is taking Itachi's body to continue living after Obito's body deteriorates, because you know, Madara is alive after all these years because he keeps taking over the deceased bodies of Uchiha clan members.

February
Thu, 05-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Madara is taking Itachi's body to continue living after Obito's body deteriorates, because you know, Madara is alive after all these years because he keeps taking over the deceased bodies of Uchiha clan members.

Why should Madara have to take Obito's body that was crushed by the boulder and 1 sharingan missing when he was obviously strong enough to take any healthy Uchiha's body? (and this was before the Uchiha clan got wiped out) Every idiot that has claimed Madara has some kind of connection with Obito has never been able to answer this question

johntmh
Thu, 05-22-2008, 10:52 AM
I get the point, maybe Itachi still strong enough to defend himself against Madara. Or Madara needs a death body, not alive one. And I believe you people will be thinking if that's the true, why not Madara takes the Itachi’s death body? I think the only possibility is that Itachi had transferred all his eyes techniques to Sasuke which makes Madara switch his full attention to Sasuke who has his sharingan in good condition and perfect body. Sasuke is indeed a good possession for Madara even orochimaru thinks so.

johntmh
By: Naruto: Madara=Obito? (http://naruto2talk.blogspot.com/)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-22-2008, 11:15 AM
johntmh. if you're disscusing subjects with us, then do it here, no linking, copy+pasting and all those craps.

I've got a new theory about Madare (not a real theory, of course, just a horseshit idea).
what if the 1st abilites to negate the kyuubi could effect Madare's power aswell?
the 1st hokage seals madare's power inside the kyuubi, maybe even stops him from being able to use the sharingan completly. and becuase Madare now lacks the sharingan, he can't summon the kyuubi, so he waits. for 40 years. perhaps he even comes across orochimaru.

time passes. things happen, such as Kakashi's Gaiden. Madare and Orochimaru come across Obito's body. Orochimaru doesn't need a broken body, but it's good enough for madare, so he uses orochimaru's kinjutsu to transfer into Obito.

now he has the sharingan, but is still lacking the power that's sealed inside the kyuubi. so he summons it to destroy the leaf, planning to join after the Uchiha clan in the middle of the fight and overthrow the village council. his plans are foiled by the 4th, who stops the kyuubi early on by sealing it inside Naruto. Madare is back at square one. almost powerless, and no Uchiha army to lead.

Now, through some sort of obcene connection with Payne, he creates the akatsuki, with Payne as the 'face' of the orginazation, and they plan together to gather the tailed beasts, each for his own purpose (Madare - to get back his power, Payne - for whatever phase he's going through), at this time, they bring back Orochimaru to the gig, and promise him a body of an abled Uchiha.

Itachi joins the gang later on, but this causes trouble, because Itachi is stronger than both Orochimaru and than the current Madare, which means both of them can only use sasuke (madare now needs a body, since the Uchiha aren't around to serve as an army, and Obito's body has busted balls). Orochimaru quits, and does what he does. but with akatsuki coming close to completing their goal, he needs to work fast, and he doesn't have enough time to convince Sasuke to surrender himself properly.

that's it, for now, just tie in something abouy Payne, and it's a theory.
completly ready to be thrown into the garbage bin of 'Naruto theories that make sense'.

Sidnne
Thu, 05-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Why should Madara have to take Obito's body that was crushed by the boulder and 1 sharingan missing when he was obviously strong enough to take any healthy Uchiha's body? (and this was before the Uchiha clan got wiped out) Every idiot that has claimed Madara has some kind of connection with Obito has never been able to answer this question

How about Madara was defeated by the First Hokage? We already know that to be a fact.
From the picture in chapter 399, we see that he had swords through his body and was badly injured. HE survived, but that doesn't mean his body did.

He managed to hang on long enough to find some random weak person and take over their body, although the body was not of an Uchiha and thus did not have the Sharingan. He survived through the years like Oro did, by jumping from body to body.

Then one day, as luck would have it, he comes across a dying Obito who, despite having a rock crushing him, still has one functional Sharingan. Madara frees Obito from beneath the boulder and takes him back to his lair where he heals his body, like he did with Sasuke.

Madara then takes over Obito's body and finally, after all these years, has a Sharingan again! But alas, as Itachi said, Madara is still just a shell of his former self.

Does that work for you?

Idealistic
Thu, 05-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm still going with my Sharingan hax immortality idea. Like..... How Madara dodged Naruto's attacks and Shino's bugs(I think? I forget.) by somehow teleporting a body part or some crap like that. So he is able to keep his whole body in that sort of state which is why he has never grown old or it just delays his aging.

Anyways, the only thing that still doens't make sense to me is obtaining the MS. There's too many ways to do it right now.