PDA

View Full Version : Game: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm

Pages : [1] 2 3

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-14-2008, 12:31 AM
The tentative site of the newest Naruto CC2 game has gone up in english.

http://ultimateninjastorm.com/

I find it interesting that the game has not been released in Japan yet, and that an english site is already been done. Plus... the site has the very first trailer as well.

The info is limited right now, but they mention a Q4 release for America. The game will focus on the first main part... that is... up to the Sasuke chase arc. Apparently 25 characters will be on the game... although rumors state they will use the same method as the Xbox360 game, and will put characters on download.

Thoughts?

NM
Wed, 05-14-2008, 01:26 AM
This one is shaping up to be really nice. Really got interested in it straight from the first "Naruto PS3 Project" trailer. If it's going from the beginning all the way to the Sasuke Retrieval arc, I'd say thats a pretty decent amount to go up to. If anything, it beats out the Clash of Ninja Revolution roster for the Wii. That was my first Clash of Ninja and I was so disappointed in the roster, especially when I looked up the rosters on the other CoN's and saw that they were much bigger and had a better variety of characters (which I still don't understand why Tomy didn't include in the Wii game).

I didn't hear anything about the downloadable characters but if that's the case, then all the better.

And the graphics really do look like the anime.

Sandldan
Wed, 05-14-2008, 04:32 AM
Been following this game for some time, was a bit disapointed that rise of a ninja for 360 were not coming to ps3 but seems we ps3 owners will get our own. The cell shading really looks top notch, from what i've seen it almost looks like you're playing the anime.

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Well... Rise of the Ninja is exclusive to Xbox, just like Clash of the Ninja is to Nintendo.

The Ultimate Ninja series are the exclusive one for the Sony systems... and as you can notice... the 3 series are done by different companies. CyberConnect2 is a personal favorite of mine thanks to the hack series.

One thing about the supposed 25 characters...

If the game follows the story all the way to the Sasuke retrieval arc... which characters are cut out? We have 15 'rookies' (Kakashi's team, Asuma's Team, Kurenai's Team and the Sand Team), Kakashi, the 3 sannin, the Sound Five, Kabuto, Sandaime, Zabuza, Haku, Itachi and Kisame... thats 30 characters... if those with not important battles are cut out... then who gets out?... Tenten? Ino? Shino? Kankurou? I hope the download rumor is right... but that its cheap as well.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 05-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm intersted in the adventure\mission mode, I wonder how they'll make it work..

NM
Thu, 07-03-2008, 11:52 PM
The demo will be coming out on July 17th! The only playable characters will be Naruto and Kakashi. Don't know the official release date though. Oh, and the demo is going to have Japanese voices too. :D

2 more weeks to go!

darkshadow
Fri, 07-04-2008, 05:53 AM
ive been playing the demo all day, its really damn awesome, cc2 never lets me down they definitly show they are the best at what they do :D.

NM
Fri, 07-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm guessing you subscribed to that Qore thing darkshadow? Is the game any similar to the other Narutimate Hero games (other than the fact that the combat is in a 360 degree environment)? I'm so jealous right now. >.<

And apparently there won't be any online play which kinda sucks but there will be downloadable content for it. So probably new levels and maybe they might include time-skip characters?

darkshadow
Fri, 07-04-2008, 06:06 PM
the combat is 100% nh, just in 3d, which works perfectly, you can really get the craziest fights, its like they took the tenkaichi formula and perfected it.
no clunky movement, everything is fast and smooth.

The demo is really crazy good.
and no i didn't subscribe to qore, someone ( who does have qore) shared his account with me.

also, so far i noticed one instance of slowdown, but this was an extremely rare case, naruto summoned both sakura and sasuke at the same time, and while he did i managed to somehow hit all 3, so they went down in synchro, this cause some slowdown somehow, but it didn't affect the game cause naruto was down anyway (yeah kakashi is far cooler to play with then naruto)

Archangel
Fri, 07-04-2008, 06:10 PM
So probably new levels and maybe they might include time-skip characters?

I doubt it, Shippuden hasn't reached the US yet has it?

It looks awesome graphics wise, it like watching the anime but i just hope they do something retarded like adapt the UN3 controls to 3d or something.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-04-2008, 06:34 PM
What's the music and dubs like? I haven't been able to watch the dubs ever since watching fansubs, but hopefully the VA won't be too annoying.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-04-2008, 09:22 PM

It looks awesome graphics wise, it like watching the anime but i just hope they do something retarded like adapt the UN3 controls to 3d or something.

you hope they do something "retarded"?
well you wish has been granted so to speak, since the controls are just like nha2,

And you don't have to worry about dubs or whatever, the game includes the japanese audio track, why wouldn't it.
The music is pretty great, has always been throughout the nh series.

NM
Sat, 07-05-2008, 08:11 AM

I don't think it has but...has the dub even reached the Sasuke Retrieval arc? As far as I know, thats how far Ultimate Ninja Storm is going up to based on the trailers and screenshots I saw. And the roster is going to only be 25 characters...meaning some characters might not make the cut.

Psyke
Sat, 07-05-2008, 08:42 AM
They gotta reserve some stuff for sequels, just like how Burst Limit got the character roster reduced.

NM
Sat, 07-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah but this is CyberConnect2. From Narutimet Hero 2 and onwards, the games have always had the maximum character roster from the anime plus any new additions from further arcs and also hidden characters (4th Hokage, Hinata's sister, Kurenai, etc.).

At least these guys are better than Tomy...I still can't get over the poor roster from Clash of Ninja Revolution for Wii. :mad:

Archangel
Sat, 07-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Apparently since the filler kicked in they've been airing 2 episodes a day an they're on ep 187 as of August, 2nd. So time skip characters are still a no go but the good news is that the next naruto game will probably be set in naruto shippuden since they're so close to ending part 1.

( yay 1000 posts :D )

darkshadow
Sat, 07-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah but this is CyberConnect2. From Narutimet Hero 2 and onwards, the games have always had the maximum character roster from the anime plus any new additions from further arcs and also hidden characters (4th Hokage, Hinata's sister, Kurenai, etc.).

At least these guys are better than Tomy...I still can't get over the poor roster from Clash of Ninja Revolution for Wii. :mad:

Well the thing is, for the ps2 games, they always already had a very strong base of chars, but now they had to remake everything and update the engine, so 25 now, and a plausible 25 for the next game isn't bad at all, maybe they'll add the missing chars via DLC

So far there are 14 confirmed chars and 23 unconfirmed, which ofcourse 12 of which will be missing.
The confirmed ones are:
naruto
sasuke
sakura
kakashi
gai
lee
neji
gaara
shino
tenten
chouji
shikamaru
jiraiya
orochimaru

The unconfirmed ones are ( in order of appearance ):
hinata
kiba
zabuza
haku
kabuto
anko
kankuro
temari
sandaime
ino
konohamaru
hanabi
itachi
kisame
kurenai
asuma
tsunade
jiroubu
kidoumaru
tayuya
sakon
kimimarou
yondaime

I think the sound 5 pretty much have to be in, and with gaara, so should temari and kankurou, then the rest i think could be; itachi, kisame, zabuza and haku/tsunade.
That makes 25, just 12 more and we would've had everyone.... cept ofcourse ebisu, rin, dosu, zaku, iruka, mizuki, hayate, baki and uzuki.

I kept those out cause they have never appeared in any of the cc2 naruto games( iruka and mizuki have been in the Tomy ones).

But yeah, here is hoping to DLC down the road.

Archangel
Sun, 07-06-2008, 02:19 PM
What a waste of space using Tenten. She has only 1 fight in the whole anime ( no fillers included ofc ) and it wasn't even that good.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Ok small update, now there are 19 confirmed chars and 18 unconfirmed, which ofcourse 12 of which will be missing.
The confirmed ones are:
naruto
sasuke
sakura
kakashi
gai
lee
neji
gaara
shino
tenten
chouji
shikamaru
jiraiya
orochimaru
hinata
kiba
ino
kisame
temari

That means only 6(!) more left, well with kisame, itachi pretty has to be in...right?, but then what about tsunade, kankurou, haku en zabuza? does this mean no sound 5?
Or just sound 5 and itachi as the final 6?
They'd better get the rest of the chars in via DLC, cause the roster feels pretty weird seeing how it goes up till ep 135.

NM
Thu, 07-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Wasn't the demo for the US supposed to go up today? I was browsing around gametrailers and apparently its already up on the EU Playstation Network.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Damn... I want Haku and Tayuya to make into the final roster... and bleh... Hinata is there... useless character.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Currently downloading........:D

NM
Thu, 07-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I've been playing it for awhile now. The game is seriously alot of fun! Easily going to be the best Ultimate Ninja in the franchise. The roster is only set for 25 but I'm praying for the rest of the cast to be downloadable through PSN. I kinda like playing as Naruto more than Kakashi right now. But seriously, the 3D environment gives the game a whole new feel compared to its predecessors.

How do you get onto the walls so you can fight while wall running? Do I have to ram the opponent into the wall or something?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I've been playing it for awhile now. The game is seriously alot of fun! Easily going to be the best Ultimate Ninja in the franchise. The roster is only set for 25 but I'm praying for the rest of the cast to be downloadable through PSN. I kinda like playing as Naruto more than Kakashi right now. But seriously, the 3D environment gives the game a whole new feel compared to its predecessors.

How do you get onto the walls so you can fight while wall running? Do I have to ram the opponent into the wall or something?

I think you'll have to. Either ram or a throw. But seriously, I'm going to love this game. It's simple to learn, but there's also the challenge of learning absolutely everything to be top notch. What this game has over Burst Limit is that there ain't any cheap counter moves. I'm really surprised they put Kakashi's twin Raiki in the game before the show has.

Abdula
Thu, 07-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm really surprised they put Kakashi's twin Raiki in the game before the show has.
I think that's just a new take on the same Raikiri we saw in NH2. Freaking PS3 exclusives, why do you guys get this when we get ROAN.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Because CC2 only owns the rights to make Naruto games on a Sony Console.
The rights on Xbox are property of Ubisoft, while on Nintendo I believe they are owned by Tomy.

CC2 just owns those two any time of the year...

NM
Thu, 07-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Though I can't say anything about Ubisoft since I never played Rise of a Ninja, I do agree that CyberConnect 2 > Tomy. Ninja Storm is already a must buy for me despite the roster. At first I wanted to get Burst Limit but after hearing about the roster I figured I'd wait for the next game and hope that it goes further (need another Budokai 3 in the house). But that's not the case with Ninja Storm.

By the way Buff, I was trying to transition to wall running. Throwing won't work. You have to keep attacking the enemy and make sure the last attack results with the opponent being knocked into the wall. Kind of hard to do but the easy way I see of doing it is to hold the circle button (charges up a punch to knock them far away). Or if you can land a barrage of air attacks near the wall, that will work too.

And Twin Raikiri is just a move that CyberConnect made up for Kakashi's move list (was never in the anime). His Twin Raikiri in this game is much better than the previous ones, thats for sure (love it when he Raikiri's the opponent to the ground and you see the pattern in the air).

I was checking out a bit of the support system too. Definitely a huge improvement from Narutimate Accel 2! And awakening mode is fun too. Didn't really see much from Kakashi when he used Sharingan though. One Tailed Kyubi Naruto was awesome! The other character's transformations should be just as hot. I'm particularly looking forward to Lee's Gates. :D

darkshadow
Thu, 07-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Twin raikiri is cool, but yeah its been around since forever.

Also kakashi's awakening is simply sharingan mode, which is like sharingan ougi from RoaN, in Roan kakashi ( and sasuke) would automatically block attacks, here he does auto kawarimi, which makes you pratically invincible for a short period of time.

Psyke
Thu, 07-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Hmmm. I don't have a lot of faith in the series but I'm downloading it now too. Was about to create an Europe PSN account to get it till I found it on the US one.

Edit: Wow, I've just played the demo and I'm impressed. Good stuff, and I will be looking foward to more information on the game.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Didn't you play the previous cc2 games on the ps2 then Psyke?

Psyke
Fri, 07-18-2008, 04:52 AM
I think I only played the very first 2 games, but I also played the first one on the PSP too. It was fun at first, but watching the same moves again and again was really boring. So far, UNS is pretty good, due to the fact that it's 3D and you really do move like a ninja, jumping around, spinning, and throwing shurikens at the same time.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-18-2008, 09:53 AM
This made me lol.

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/1598/36795106ei2.th.jpg (http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36795106ei2.jpg)

I guess now we have a release date.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
What horrible cover...
And Lol at ToysRus...

Psyke
Sun, 07-20-2008, 08:49 AM
For the people still fooling around with the demo, here's a gameplay mechanic video (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q4lsZO7TgKQ) by Anbu. Amazing how people can get so indepth with just 2 characters, but I'm going to try out some of the combos later.

darkshadow
Sun, 07-20-2008, 12:17 PM
hehe nice vid, but i did most of those already, mainly cause the cpu in the demo is so irregular, that i actually had some crazy battles with it.

Idealistic
Sun, 07-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Will this game have online feature?

darkshadow
Sun, 07-20-2008, 05:18 PM
no......

NM
Sun, 07-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Its been stated a bunch of times that there will NOT be an online mode for you to play against other people on PSN. All thats available is downloadable content, of which nobody knows what CyberConnect will be providing to everyone.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-20-2008, 06:36 PM
For the people still fooling around with the demo, here's a gameplay mechanic video (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q4lsZO7TgKQ) by Anbu. Amazing how people can get so indepth with just 2 characters, but I'm going to try out some of the combos later.

They took it down already :(

LaZie
Mon, 07-21-2008, 12:09 AM
They took it down already :(
It works for me.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-21-2008, 02:20 AM
hmm, for some reason when I accessed it at Uni, it said "video is no longer available" or something along those lines.

Works at home, and they sure analysed it thoroughly. So thoroughly it's bordering crazy. Now to apply all that in battle.....

Psyke
Mon, 07-21-2008, 06:37 AM
The infinites are so easy they'd better take it out of the final game.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-21-2008, 07:42 AM
The infinites are so easy they'd better take it out of the final game.

I reckon. Reason why I didn't like Burst Limit as much as I wanted to is because it has some really cheap moves in it, which ruins the game when that's all you ever do.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-26-2008, 08:44 AM
I've been trying the infinities, and for some reason, I can only do two in a row. After I dash into them, the second combo always results in us in the air, which leads to a downward bash.

I agree that they should really take the infinity out of the finished game, but being able to string together two in a row like I'm doing is quite acceptable, even wanted.

Psyke
Sat, 07-26-2008, 12:35 PM
I did a 117 hit combo (which depleted Kakashi's entire health bar) using Naruto, and the timing was pretty easy. You just have to time the dash after the kage bunshin flips over the original, and start attacking immediately when he lands.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I'll give that a try then. Thanks Psyke.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I downloaded the demo today.
Wow... better than I expected.

I even managed to fight on the wall for a few seconds before ending the fight.

Archangel
Wed, 07-30-2008, 06:29 PM
I want a ps3 so bad right now...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zLLDJlM6l_I&feature=related

lol the response from xbox 360 is pathethic

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-VAcq6scg

darkshadow
Thu, 08-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm will be hitting the PlayStation 3 with downloadable content available from day one. What kind of downloadable content? Unfortunately he couldn't say, but either way, it's good to see an anime fighting game - traditionally fire and forget deals - with post-release support already in the works.

noice!...

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-21-2008, 06:36 PM
aw crap....

Psyke
Sun, 08-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Check out this clip (http://www.gamekyo.com/video12804_naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-demo-by-hiroshi-matsuyama-at-gc.html) here, with lots of new info about the modes and the characters.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-24-2008, 10:12 AM
I wanted to post an updated on the game yesterday concerning the leipzig build, cause a friend of me is there, but i got lazy so thx for the vid, anyway small update, now there are 23 confirmed chars and 14 unconfirmed, which ofcourse 12 of which will be missing.
The confirmed ones are:
naruto
sasuke
sakura
kakashi
gai
lee
neji
gaara
shino
tenten
chouji
shikamaru
jiraiya
orochimaru
hinata
kiba
ino
kisame
temari
Tsunade
Itachi
Kabuto
Kimimaro
That means only 2(!) more left, he also told me konohamaru was in the game, but he didn't know if he was actually playable, but then who could the final 2 characters be? i'm guessing Zabuza and Kankurou.
Though it doesn't really matter i guess, we are bound to get the rest via DLC.

Psyke
Sun, 08-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Haku & Zabuza? That would be awesome.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-25-2008, 12:59 AM
It would be cool if Neji's 64-strike will disable the enemy's chakra use for some time.
I'm interested in seeing Lee's opened gates. It's always been cool in the anime, but on games, the fact that he loses health from doing it often makes it an undesirable technique, and it's usually not much more powerful (if at all) than that of the others' special techniques.

If they raised the health threshold that he can activate, that would be a different matter.

darkshadow
Mon, 08-25-2008, 01:58 AM
Rofl dude what? not powerfull, gates made lee a freaking monster in the ps2 games, that was faster then the 4th and he could activate it at will, at the expense of some health(not much at all), you must be talking about the crappy gamecube games ;P.
Anyway in this game the "awakening mode" is only available when you are down to your last bar of health, which is the same for every char. So lee will prolly only be able to use gates then.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-25-2008, 02:01 AM
...crappy wii game.....

That might have been it.

last bar of health.....same for everyone...

Not quite, It's not the same, but both characters in the demo happen to have it when they reach somewhere in the orange bar.

darkshadow
Mon, 08-25-2008, 03:02 AM
uhm no, the last bar of health is the orange bar, its not about somewhere or not, every char can activate it when they get to that bar.
ps2 gates lee:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m3xLmgt2Fo4&fmt=18

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Okay, I just tested it. Awakening is indeed available as soon as you reached the orange bar.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-22-2008, 06:17 AM
That's right, after all this time, I'm still mucking around with the demo, though I don't find time to play anything anymore. Have any of you found a way or a trick to do substitution techniques easily?

I'm not sure if I'm blocking it too early or late. Maybe the problem is that I'm "flicking" the R2 button wheras you're supposed to press it when they're about to attack and hold it as it connects.

Any thoughts?

And as always, the countdown is on...it'll take a lot of determination for me to put off the purchase till the Christmas Sales arrive...

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Free Download Content?

http://n4g.com/ps3/News-201939.aspx

I hope playable Sound Four

Marik
Tue, 09-23-2008, 11:24 PM
^ Just gonna be support characters, most likely. Anyone gonna pay 10 bucks extra for the CE?

Packaged in a deluxe SteelBook case featuring alternate artwork with a protective slip cover, each copy of the Limited Edition comes with an exclusive soundtrack music CD featuring 18 original tracks, an individually numbered limited edition Laser Cell depicting Naruto and Sasuke in battle, and two exclusive limited edition collectible cards.

darkshadow
Wed, 09-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Most of the time, when a game has a CE, and i was going to pick up the game anyway, I just get the CE.
So I'll prolly get it.

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Ditto
Question... CE can be found anywhere? or just specific shops (a la gamestop)

Marik
Thu, 09-25-2008, 11:16 PM
It will be available through GameStop, EBGames, Best Buy, GameCrazy, Amazon.com and other select retailers this November.

Marik
Fri, 10-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Some new info I found.

http://static.gamecrazy.com/images/games/screenshots/naruto_pre.jpg

Pre-order Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm and receive the exclusive Naruto Storm Pack 2. Download Storm Pack 2 and unleash the legendary Second Hokage as your support character in battle. The Storm Pack 2 also contains new exciting missions to engage! Offer good while supplies last.

http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=13073&LF=STL

I don't have a Game Crazy in my area. So it kinda sucks to miss out on the 2nd Hokage and extra missions.

animus
Fri, 10-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Meh, neither do I. Though honestly, the Nidaime just hasn't had enough development to warrant anything, especially only as a support character.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Storm Pack 2?
Where is Storm Pack 1?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Damn it. I haven't even heard of GameCrazy in Australia. I'll be on the lookout for retailers holding the same offers though.

darkshadow
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Meh, neither do I. Though honestly, the Nidaime just hasn't had enough development to warrant anything, especially only as a support character.

Nidaime has pretty much been one of the most badass characters in the past 3 games, I would definitly want him in my game.

Marik
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Storm Pack 2?
Where is Storm Pack 1?

I've been hearing that Storm Pack 1 will be free DLC for everyone at release.

Nidaime has pretty much been one of the most badass characters in the past 3 games, I would definitly want him in my game.

Indeed, I use him in Ultimate Ninja 3 all the time. I'm hoping he's made available for everyone.

animus
Fri, 10-03-2008, 12:21 PM
He's badass, but he's only available as a Support character, says the description aka nonplayable, just triggered.

darkshadow
Fri, 10-03-2008, 01:34 PM
oh right, that is pretty lackluster indeed ;/, prolly just to prepare him for a full release ( Storm pack 3.... ) to get more money >_>

Marik
Wed, 10-08-2008, 07:12 AM
New video interview with Hiroshi Matsuyama from CyberConnect2 at Namco Bandai Pre-TGS.

http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13271_naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-hiroshi-matsuyama-s-interview.html

TGS 2008 Trailer

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/965454/naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm/videos/naruto_storm_tgs2008_100708.html;jsessionid=4p0bgu 1s0swai

darkshadow
Wed, 10-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Lol that trailer shows the 3 hokage's fighting together, which means the "storm pack" dlc's will just be simple unlock codes, I hate it when devs do that ;(

Marik
Sun, 10-12-2008, 08:36 AM
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/NUNS_Card_bonusLG.jpg

Reserve Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm at GameStop/EBGames and receive a code to download Storm Pack 1. Storm Pack 1 contains the new Ultimate Missions and gives you the ability to unlock the legendary First Hokage as your support character in battle.

GameStop

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm with Bonus! (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72006)

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Limited Edition with Bonus! (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72708)

EBGames

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm with Bonus! (http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72006)

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Limited Edition with Bonus! (http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72708)

Psyke
Sun, 10-12-2008, 09:12 AM
They're just gonna suck us dry with all these downloadable contents. Hopefully all these will be free later on.

animus
Sun, 10-12-2008, 09:23 AM
At this point these Storm Packs aren't even DLC. They're just unlocked. I'm like 99% sure they're already on the disk.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Somebody needs to buy the game from GameCrazy here and share the code.

As far as I know, you can use these codes 5 times... that is, if they work the same way the Downloads work on the PSN.

I already have a reserverd copy in GameSpot... so if anyone on GameCrazy is willing to share his code, I shall share mine as well.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-15-2008, 08:14 AM
I doesn't look like I can even get the limited edition or the unlockable code. :(

EB Australia (http://www.ebgames.com.au/PS3/product.cfm?ID=12984)

Oh well, no point preordering then. Might as well grab it as a Christmas sale instead.

Marik
Sat, 10-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm was on Gamespot's On the Spot, this past Thursday. Here's a video of it and three screen caps.

On The Spot Live Demo 10/18 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toKtkcYEi74&fmt=6)

Psyke
Tue, 10-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Some more screen shots (http://www.the-magicbox.com/0810/game081021b.shtml) from magicbox. This is really one of the best looking anime titles thus far. And from the demo, it plays as good as it looks. Hopefully they manage to strike a balance between the characters and not overpower a few.

animus
Tue, 10-21-2008, 10:59 PM
I wish they would use the titles in Japanese like Sandaime, instead of "The Third Hokage".

Marik
Fri, 10-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Review (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/926/926220p1.html)

animus
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:05 PM
I've known for awhile that IGN's reviews have been sucking but this just proves it even more. The review basically says nothing.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Well, I finally got the game yesterday. Got to use only Tenten and Sakura, since I played for just 2 hours at 10pm, then had tried the mission mode for a bit.

Wow... just... wow. The fights with this supposed 'small' characters was great... I'll try some others later.

Mission mode was kinda meh, nothing special. Konoha is outstanding, easy to get lost as well, being so big. Too bad its kinda useless (at the moment) since only idiotic NPC roam around. I've only found Ebisu, Iruka and Konohamaru, who gave you a mission to find him in 90 seconds... kinda though at first when the map is so big... that's what I thought, but it was too easy in the end.

The game is bugged sadly. If you finish a fight with an Ougi the sound breaks and rumbles horribly... hope they release a patch soon.

Anyway... anyone got the hokages? I wonder if other region PSN will allow you to download them... like the japanese store...

Has the game been released on Europe yet? I heard the hokages were free on Australia... can Buff (if you bought the game...) confirm this? Would the addon work from there?

Marik
Mon, 11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
It's out everywhere, except for Japan. Won't be released there until January 15th. I got the game for free last week, but haven't played it yet. I just found out that there will be free DLC until March.

The schedule for free Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm downloadable content is as follows:
November 6, 2008: Shizune
December 4, 2008: Asuma
December 18, 2008: Kurenai
January 8, 2009: Anko
January 22, 2009: Jirobo
February 5, 2009: Kidoumaru
February 19 2009: Tayuya
March 5, 2009: SakonEach dlc update will include a new support character and a new single player mission.

animus
Mon, 11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Looks like the Hokage's will always be a commodity from preorders or something.

Marik
Mon, 11-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Looks like the Hokage's will always be a commodity from preorders or something.

Yeah, I hope not though. It's especially hard to get the 2nd Hokage, since there aren't as many GameCrazy's as GameStops.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-24-2008, 01:57 PM
I read that if you call Game Crazy and tell them you bought the game, but didn't get the code, they give it by phone, since they have tons of them left over. I ain't in USA to confirm it though.

The Hokages can't remain only for Game Spot and Game Crazy... what about Europeans? and Japanese?

People on gamefaqs are sharing them in exchange for PSN games like Megaman or Pain as well.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-24-2008, 06:35 PM
It's out everywhere, except for Japan. Won't be released there until January 15th. I got the game for free last week, but haven't played it yet. I just found out that there will be free DLC until March.

The schedule for free Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm downloadable content is as follows:
November 6, 2008: Shizune
December 4, 2008: Asuma
December 18, 2008: Kurenai
January 8, 2009: Anko
January 22, 2009: Jirobo
February 5, 2009: Kidoumaru
February 19 2009: Tayuya
March 5, 2009: SakonEach dlc update will include a new support character and a new single player mission.

Will each one disappear as the next comes along, or are they all there to stay till the end of march? I might have to grab the game earlier than expected then. I was hoping to run into a last-minute Christmas sale.

Which answers half of Ryouga's question, I haven't bought the game yet. However Storm Pack 1 is out on PSN here, and it's free or downloading. I'm not sure if you have to have a "key" to unlock it, but I found no such thing as a "Hokage bundle" when I looked around at preorders.

Marik
Mon, 11-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Will each one disappear as the next comes along, or are they all there to stay till the end of march?

I have no idea. I don't see why they would take them down though. If anything, they might start charging for them later.

However Storm Pack 1 is out on PSN here, and it's free or downloading. I'm not sure if you have to have a "key" to unlock it, but I found no such thing as a "Hokage bundle" when I looked around at preorders.

I logged into the Europe PSN after seeing this. It seems that their Storm Pack 1 is the U.S.A.'s Storm Pack 3. Instead of the First Hokage, it was Shizune. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the Hokage's, unless you pre-ordered.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-24-2008, 07:29 PM
I just logged into PSN to check. Storm Pack 1 contains Shizune.

Looks like I can't play the first two Hokages by default :(

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-24-2008, 07:30 PM
I wonder if Europeans will get a Storm Pack 9 in april, to release the Kage's.

I mean... its idiotic that only gamespot and gamecrazy keep the Kages. What about Canadians, Mexicans and Latins?

Meh, Im not crazy to pay 30dlls for them as they are doing on ebay. I'll just wait for them. The only want I really want is Tayuya, which ironically...gets released until damn february.

I hope they make an addon to make them playable... or a damn addon to fix the sound bug. I've just had the game for two day, and its annoying the hell out of me already.

Marik
Mon, 11-24-2008, 07:37 PM
I hope they make an addon to make them playable... or a damn addon to fix the sound bug. I've just had the game for two day, and its annoying the hell out of me already.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
There's a strange sound after you use an Ultimate Jutsu? http://support.namcobandaigames.com/themes/client_default/space.gif

Solution:
We are aware that some users are experiencing a sound error in Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm that presents itself occasionally when the player ends a match with an Ultimate Jutsu move. We are currently investigating this issue and appreciate your ongoing support while we look into a potential solution.

Article ID: 195 Created on: 18 Nov 2008 04:04 PM

They're working on it. :)

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Nice. Hope they do not take long.

Seems the ending Ougi must be one that crashes a character to the ground. Which is annoying since Naruto's initial one is like that...

BTW
I got the limited edition. Number 1850 out of 25000. Nice.

PS: I want my playable Tayuya ;___;

Marik
Mon, 11-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Ok, I just found this on NeoGAF. Hopefully it's true.

Another update for EU players. The first and second Hokage will be added for free to the store... next year in April.

• November 6, 2008: Character: Shizune: Mission: Aim for Higher Goals.
• December 4, 2008: Character: Asuma: Mission: Intense hide-and-seek battle.
• December 18, 2008: Character: Kurenai: Mission: Inuzuka clan's challenge.
• January 8, 2009: Character: Anko: Mission: Grand order to capture Jiraiya.
• January 22, 2009: Character: Jirobo: Mission: The three siblings' evaluation.
• February 5, 2009: Character: Kidoumaru: Mission: The Hidden Sand challenges again.
• February 19, 2009: Character: Tayuya: Mission: A new squad is formed.
• March 5, 2009: Character: Sakon: Mission: Desperate successive battles.
• April 2, 2009: Character: The First Hokage: Mission: Overflowing dangerous power.
• April 2, 2009: Character: The Second Hokage: Mission: Surpass your predecessors.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Its a longway to april. We shall see then. Im more interested in Tayuya and then the rest of the Sound Five. I want them playable >_<

darkshadow
Mon, 11-24-2008, 09:08 PM
i bought the LE weeks ago, when it just came out, visit the "what made you smile" thread more often >_<.
Anyway yeah, i've only gotten the ougi bug once or twice, but it seems you can circumvent it by pressing and holding start before the ougi finishes or something.

Also the hokages will prolly be free later on, at least for europeans, and the packs dont only contain a new support char, they also contain a new costume for a certain character.
And the costume also comes with a new awakaning.
So we are prolly gonna see butterfly chouji, drunken lee etc.. later on.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-24-2008, 09:42 PM
what number did ya get DS?

I just checked mine, I have 1845 (not 1850 like I said earlier)

Pajama Naruto costume... lol.

darkshadow
Tue, 11-25-2008, 06:37 AM
I dunno, mine doesn't say. Guess it's a US only thing, I doubt there were only 25k in the entire world.

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Check the cell image that shows Naruto fighting Sasuke. That's the one that had the number.

Marik
Tue, 11-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Seems I was right. The DLC won't be free forever, so they are gonna start charging.

NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORMs PS3 Tomorrow! - Have you downloaded your free DLC yet? It won’t be free forever…

That's from the Playstation Blog.

LiNK (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/11/08/the-psb-socom-killzone-recap-3)

darkshadow
Tue, 11-25-2008, 01:10 PM
That would be so like namco bandai, those bastards, charging customers for shit that is already in the game, fuck sometimes I really fking hate microtransactions. I bet cc2 feels the same way.

And RZ I dont have a cell.

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Can someone copy what that article says? Game sites are blocked where I am.

Anyway... Hiroshi Matsuyama had said that the Naruto content was to remain free... so one of two... Namco Bandai overrided his authority, or that article is saying something unconfirmed.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-25-2008, 01:35 PM
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3776/46931349mu7.jpg

Well, considering I still want to wait for an Xmas sale, I can still download the packs and leave them sitting in my hard drive until I buy the game, right?

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Try to see if you can Buff
I didn't 'install' anything with this add on, I think it attached directly to my save file.

darkshadow
Tue, 11-25-2008, 05:26 PM
you do install it, but it goes directly into the gamedata, like any DLC for the ps3, there should be a way to check it though, update history or something in your gamedata.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-02-2008, 03:56 AM
I was going to wait for a sale, but my brother went and bought it. Meh. I haven't played much of it yet, but from my limited experience, "normal" difficulty is too easy. Some Ultimate Jutsus are impossible to land, but it just makes it more fun when it does.

I'm still trying to figure Neji's out. The effective radius is tiny. From the one or two goes I've had with him, I think it's unblockable, but I've seen someone charge in with a chidori and nail me, so it doesn't necessarily catch you on contact.

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Fights are awesome.
Difficulty on normal seems stupid low... Im still searching the option to change it on the 'normal' game... which in itself is getting boring fast. Why must I run over trees every one or two missions?

On just one week I already have 30% of the game done... so I'll probably won't be playing much soon. Until Tayuya gets released that is. Too bad she is only a support.

darkshadow
Tue, 12-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Neji's ( and itachi's and so forth) ougi's are really easy to land, just corner em and knock em down then just time it right and they will get up right in it. Otherwise just use kabuto as support character, he puts ppl asleep ;)

Marik
Thu, 12-04-2008, 06:26 PM
NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORM Pack 4 (free)
Download Storm Pack 4 and unleash legendary ninja Asuma as your support character in battle. The Storm Pack 4 also contains new Ultimate Mission to engage!
File size: 100 KB

darkshadow
Thu, 12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
yeah i actually forgot i downloaded that, but i went to play folklore so ill prolly check it out tomorrow or later tonight.

edit: just tested it real quick, but alas, no extra costume unlocked, just asuma and some a rank mission, asuma himself is nothing really special either meh.

Hope the kurenai pack 18th will have an extra costume.

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Wow... the mission is hard... no really. Find Konohamaru, Moegi and Udon ALL over Konoha in 160 seconds. It took me 5 tries to find em... and I didn't even try the bonus requeriments.

I also was dissapointed no new costume was released. Seriously... why only Pajama Naruto bleh.

Marik
Fri, 12-19-2008, 12:26 AM
New DLC out.

NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORM Pack 5 (free)
Download Storm Pack 5 and unleash legendary ninja Kurenai as your support character in battle. The Storm Pack 5 also contains new Ultimate Mission to engage!

Psyke
Fri, 12-19-2008, 04:13 AM
Wow I'm so excited :p

I'm near 75% done in Ultimate mission mode, but nothing's pushing me to complete the rest since I've already unlocked most of the stuff except those in the collections......

darkshadow
Fri, 12-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Yeah the pack also contains no new costume >_<, which made me go straight back to gears 2, so haven't tested kurenai yet.

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-20-2008, 08:58 PM
The newest mission on the pack was a severe dissapointment.

Archangel
Tue, 12-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Man you guys seem to really like this game

Anyone has a spare ps3? :p

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-26-2008, 01:55 PM
I got 100% and ready to forget about it until a decent download is made (Tayuya...)

I wish they fixed the crap bug with the sound when you finish with an Ultimate... and I want new characters... not just support or boring missions...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I just realised you don't get to fight Zabuza and Haku. I was looking forward to that :(

Psyke
Fri, 12-26-2008, 10:22 PM
I wish they fixed the crap bug with the sound when you finish with an Ultimate... and I want new characters... not just support or boring missions...

It's amazing a finished product can have such a glaring glitch. It happens to me so frequently I'm reluctant to finish with a Ultimate Jutsu sometimes. :mad:

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-26-2008, 10:29 PM
It's amazing a finished product can have such a glaring glitch. It happens to me so frequently I'm reluctant to finish with a Ultimate Jutsu sometimes. :mad:

Does it always happen? From memory, I only encounter it when you finish with an Ultimate using Awakened Sasuke (and maybe Awakened Guy too).

How good are you guys at Ultimate Jutsu mashing? Regarding that, I'm pretty sure it freezes for a sec if you get something wrong, but then again, it doesn't seem to always happen).

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-26-2008, 10:29 PM
I think i only happens on a stage where the ground is dirt and the ultimate move crashes the enemy to the ground (like Naruto's or Lee's)

I've used them on rock stages and it doesn't happen

But yes... its annoying as hell... I'll probably won't touch the game until next february as well...

Psyke
Fri, 12-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Does it always happen? From memory, I only encounter it when you finish with an Ultimate using Awakened Sasuke (and maybe Awakened Guy too).

Yes, at least for me. And it's not just with Naruto or Lee, but with others as well.

How good are you guys at Ultimate Jutsu mashing? Regarding that, I'm pretty sure it freezes for a sec if you get something wrong, but then again, it doesn't seem to always happen).

I'm quite confident in my button pressing speed. I used to be really good at games such as Bishi Bashi. :D

darkshadow
Sat, 12-27-2008, 10:46 AM
I haven't had that glitch happen to me in ages, it only happens rarely if I finish with 1tail naruto or kakashi.
I think i posted this already, but a remedy to it was to hold start before the jutsu ends i think.

Psyke
Sun, 12-28-2008, 10:03 AM
It happens to me on almost any character. I might consider reinstalling the game. And yeah, I just got 100%. Yay.

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-28-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't think reinstalling works Psyke.

The game needs online matches...

Hopefully the next storm game will have it... and will have ALL the missing characters... seriously... its a Blu-Ray... they can add them all... oh... and with the simultaneous manga and anime release... next storm game must have shippuuden characters...

darkshadow
Sun, 12-28-2008, 01:36 PM
....Not having every character is obviously not because of size constraints, heck they would all fit perfectly fine on a (single layer) dvd.

And I really don't know why ppl keep getting the glitch, it happened like twice only at school, and happens rarely at home so i dunno, try the press start thing.

Psyke
Mon, 12-29-2008, 03:45 AM
I get the glitch like 1 out of 5 games. Damn!

Ok, perhaps that's a little bit exaggerated, but it happens really frequently, and not just for specific characters. That's what tempted the thought of reinstalling to see it helps.

Marik
Mon, 12-29-2008, 04:26 AM
I've only played Storm once and I ran into that glitch. I've been waiting for more DLC to come out, before I really get started on it. I'll probably be playing Ultimate Ninja 4, before they fix the glitch and have all the DLC out.

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Are they really releasing Accel as Ultimate Ninja 4 for PS2? They should go straight to Accel 2... but seeing as how I got bored of Storm... I think I'll have more fun on this one.

Accel has 52 characters... while Accel 2 raises the number to about 60 I think. By the time this airs... Shippuuden will be already on the Three-Tails arc on the states thanks to the streaming... so they should really skip Accel and go directly to Accel 2.

Psyke
Mon, 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm liking the cover of the upcoming Japanese version so much more:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7608/packageyb6.jpg

darkshadow
Mon, 12-29-2008, 12:46 PM
I liked it more then the normal cover, but I definitly like my collecters edition cover far better.

That aside, I bet they get yondaime.... I bet they do, those bastards :(

Marik
Mon, 12-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Are they really releasing Accel as Ultimate Ninja 4 for PS2?

Yes, it's called Ultimate Ninja 4: Naruto Shippuden. Shippuden will just be starting here, so it makes sense to start with Accel 1. It only covers the first 17 episodes of Shippuden, so they won't have to worry about spoiling people. If they did go straight to Accel 2, it would be edited like Ulitimate Ninja Heroes was. Heroes was the PSP version of Ultimate Ninja 2. They took out the Story Mode, Kabuto, Shizune, The Third Hokage, two stages, and modified Naruto and Sasuke's moves.

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Do remember Viz will be streaming the episodes from 91 onwards... so they wouln't spoil anything.

itadakimasu
Mon, 01-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I finally hooked up my PS3 to the PSN and dl'd the demo this weekend and it was pretty fun. Idk if i'm going to get the full game yet unless it has online play ( which i assume it should )

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-05-2009, 05:57 PM
It doesn't.

Archangel
Mon, 01-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Isn't there some software that allows internet play in any game like with the psp?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I doubt it.

UChessmaster
Mon, 01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
actually...

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28743&sid=3b5b9676124dd7713f34e058a59b5dc9

darkshadow
Tue, 01-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Uhm, xlink kai and any of those programs make use of existing netcode. There is NO netcode in ultimate ninja storm.
So unless the ps3 gets hacked, and someone figures out some convoluted method of faking a local second player, like with PSO + super smash on the GC, such a thing would be impossible.

itadakimasu
Wed, 01-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Just bought new on ebay for $37, and used my ebay gift card they gave me for xmas making it a whopping $12 ^^

itadakimasu
Sun, 02-15-2009, 09:45 PM
no arcade mode... no multiplayer : (

having to goto charactor select over and over again is kinda lame if you don't have any friends to play with.

Also, in quest mode... I was expecting to see zabuza : (

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Also, in quest mode... I was expecting to see zabuza : (

Yeah, that's my biggest bitch about the game, besides no online. Burst Limit's online lagged like crazy though, so I guess they chose to leave it out instead.

Never got far in single player. I just let my brother unlock everything, then I kick his ass in multiplayer :D

Like you said, having no one to play with really takes out a lot of enjoyment out of this game. When I play with people, we have so much fun random-selecting our characters, support and maps. It gets especially good when you get to start in an awakened form, and even better when you beat someone else who's awakened. :)

I'd definitely like more downloadable content though. All they've got now is support characters and extra missions.

Psyke
Mon, 02-16-2009, 09:47 AM
I've not played the game since getting 100%, which is actually the mode which kept me going and going......

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I've not played the game since getting 100%, which is actually the mode which kept me going and going......

Likewise. I haven't even played the recent new missions. I'll probably use it about 30 minutes when Tayuya's support character is released. Since she isn't playable 30 minutes will be enough to leave the game forgotten.

itadakimasu
Mon, 02-16-2009, 11:14 AM
I've just been playing quest mode so I can unlock players. sort of cheated a couple times when I found out that some of the quests that give mission xp are for playing X hours, so yesterday I left the game on while I went out, and came back to continue the current arc, then hit another played 15 hours mission xp bonus : )

my favorite playable charactors so far are kakashi and neji, maybe naruto if he has more jutsu to learn.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-16-2009, 10:01 PM
My favourite iw Kakashi. He works great for my favourite tactic: substitution technique, then ninjutsu. He substitutes well enough, and his Raikiri is pretty fast to use. His sharingan just makes it a whole lot better.

I'd say the same for Sasuke, since his Ultimate move is easier to land IMO and his item just makes substitution a cake walk, but the fact that he backflips before charging the chidori gives the opponent just enough time to block (when you substitute out but they're still locked in combo animation).

Neji's good, but his speed attacks are his weakness. He strikes so many times that mashing R/L2 will substitute you out of his combo almost every time.

For me, the hardest guy to fight against (human players, not AI) is the Third. His Ultimate lands on me quite a lot, despite how it's blockable, takes a huge chunk of health, and seals your chakra.

Most annoying guy to fight against / most fun to use is Itachi w/ Clone Jutsu. It makes him unapproachable :D

darkshadow
Mon, 02-16-2009, 11:02 PM
unnaproachable? try playing as the third with shuriken kage bunshin, and use either itachi AND kurenai clone bombs, or use itachi bomb and tenten, you can spam ppl to death with those combos.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-16-2009, 11:53 PM
unnaproachable? try playing as the third with shuriken kage bunshin, and use either itachi AND kurenai clone bombs, or use itachi bomb and tenten, you can spam ppl to death with those combos.

I am sooooo trying that :D

Marik
Fri, 02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORM Pack 9 (free)
Download Storm Pack 9 and unleash the legendary Sound Ninja Tayuya as your support character in battle. The Storm Pack 9 also contains new Ultimate Mission to engage!

I think there was someone that really wanted this one. :)

Sakon will be the last one released on March 5th.

darkshadow
Fri, 02-20-2009, 02:58 PM
tayuya is really good, her support hit stuns and eats chakra.

Archangel
Fri, 02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Lol Zell is gonna have an heart attack

RyougaZell
Fri, 02-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Shut up Archie

*downloads*

Time to un-dust that game...

itadakimasu
Thu, 02-26-2009, 10:05 AM
if this game had network play, i'd probably be playing it as much as im playing SF4

Marik
Thu, 03-05-2009, 09:04 PM
NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORM Pack 10 (free)

Download Storm Pack 10 and unleash the legendary Sound Ninja Sakon as your support character in battle. The Storm Pack 10 also contains new Ultimate Mission to engage!

Marik
Tue, 04-14-2009, 10:34 PM
For the people that missed out.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm - Will the 1st and 2nd Hokages be offered as DLC? http://support.namcobandaigames.com/themes/client_default/space.gif

Solution

Due to popular demand and the responses from our fans, Namco Bandai will be releasing these pre-order exclusive characters for everyone to enjoy. The 1st and 2nd Hokages are scheduled to be available from the Sony Playstation Store on April 23, 2009. We hope that you will continue to enjoy this great game and appreciate all of the support and comments we received from our fans.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-15-2009, 01:19 AM
Are they playable characters? Or just support characters? Because I've already downloaded them as supports. First Hokage's tree trap is pretty awesome :D

Psyke
Wed, 04-15-2009, 02:03 AM
I would be really, really, really surprised if they are playable. It would be the only reason I take the game out again, actually.

Marik
Wed, 04-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Yeah, they are support only.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Guess I'll download them just to have them. But I haven't played the game more than 15 minutes through this year (I only used it when Tayuya was released... for 15 minutes)

darkshadow
Mon, 04-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Just tried the last 3 downloads.
Shodai has a jutsu targets the enemy wherever he is, but its a bit slow so its easily dodgable, but its great as a counter for air combos.

Nidaime is a bit useless, but he has a cool looking combo that sets up an air combo or area of effect ougis.

Sakon however is pretty great, his rashomon gate is just massive and stops pretty much anything, plus it can be used as a counter since it hits back and damages the enemy if he is too close when they start the summon.

Now that all the dlc is out I'm actually quite sure we won't see anything else, CC2 has a habit of yearly naruto releases, and in 6 more months we'll be at the window they normally release a title.
Very clever bandai, keep reminding us of the game for 6 months and then boom pop a sequel announcement and get everyone hungry again for the stuff that was missing from this game... clever... very clever ;[

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Naruto Shippuden Narutimate Storm 2 coming to both PS3 and 360

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm was without a doubt one of the best anime inspired games in recent memory. The PS3-exclusive is now getting a sequel, which is heading not only to PS3 but also to Xbox 360.

The game will be based on the Shippuuden series, and will offer 4-player multiplater, including co-op.

So far there's not much info, not even images, besides that the Japanese name will be Naruto Shippuden Narutimate Storm 2, and that it'll be released in Japan in 2010. But it's safe to bet on a Western release, given how successful the first game was

Sources: VgChartz (http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6271)IGN (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1056452p1.html)

Apparently Ubisoft lost the license to publish Naruto games in the Xbox and this why Bandai Namco is finally going multiplatform with their Naruto games.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Looking forward to it. I still play this game, even if it's just 30mins of multiplayer every now and again.

Come to think of it, I haven't touched the campaign at all.

Marik
Fri, 12-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Here's a scan.

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Here's a scan.

3 Naruto games announced on the same page? Thats... x____x

I hope they don't cut out characters like they did on the 1st game.

Thanks for the scan btw. Was looking for one earlier when I posted the info.

darkshadow
Sat, 12-19-2009, 06:02 AM
You haven't touched the campaign at all buff? Damn that's the whole reason I kept playing, some of the final battles were epic as fuck ( sannin battle :'( ).

But yeah good to see it finally announced, took them a bit longer then expected ( I predicted TGS 2 months ago ).
Also since its based on Shippuuden, they MUST include up till a bit past Pein, Which is going to make for one glorious game.
Also 4 player multi, coop AND x360 definitly makes this one of my highest anticipated games of 2010.

Psyke
Sat, 12-19-2009, 08:26 AM
I've barely touched the game since getting 100% for story mode. Too much running around the same places made me tired. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this sequel :)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-19-2009, 08:48 AM
You haven't touched the campaign at all buff? Damn that's the whole reason I kept playing, some of the final battles were epic as fuck ( sannin battle :'( ).

I don't find myself sitting solo and playing a game all that often. I tend to watch anime by myself, and play multiplayer games when I've got company. I'm not sure if I'd like all the running around / buying upgrades and all, but I definitely liked trying to Raikiri my friend as many times as I can :o

Marik
Tue, 12-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Slated For Fall 2010

Namco Bandai started their Naruto announcements by officially unveiling Naruto Shippuden: Kizuna Drive, a four player co-op game for PSP where characters are divided into roles.

For example, Naruto is an attacker, Sakura/Ino specialize in recovery, Shikamaru/Sai play supporting roles, and Kakashi is an all purpose ninja. Squads have to use their abilities as a team to beat missions. Naruto Shippuden: Kizuna Drive is on track for 2010.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 took the stage afterwards. As we mentioned earlier, the game is being made for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Namco Bandai confirmed the news and Impress Watch reports Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is due in Japan this fall.

Since Namco Bandai released Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm in North America a few months before Japan, we’re betting on a domestic release around the same time.

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Hmmm... those two jutsu are there... I hope Pain is there as well.

darkshadow
Tue, 12-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Pein HAS to be in it, the game follow the anime progression, so he and a bit past him should be in it.

Archangel
Tue, 12-22-2009, 05:23 PM
There's no question about it, if Kirin is there than so will Pain be

We might not get to see all his jutsus though

RyougaZell
Wed, 12-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Wait...If the game is scheduled for Fall 2010 we'll probably see even more fast forward that the current anime arc.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-23-2009, 03:46 AM
Wait...If the game is scheduled for Fall 2010 we'll probably see even more fast forward that the current anime arc.

And Itachi gets to use Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu and then Susano'o as his Awakening?!

Cool. :D

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-18-2010, 03:33 PM
New scan out.
Nothing exciting though.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-04-2010, 04:28 PM
A short trailer at Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5464126/naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-goes-another-round

darkshadow
Thu, 02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Looking fantastic, can't wait for it.

Marik
Thu, 04-15-2010, 09:23 PM
A scan with Hidan and Kakuzu.

The other 5 pics are from Jump magazine and confirm online play.

Edit: It says online at the top of the Hidan/Kakuzu pic also.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Excellent info!! The first game got boring fast without online. And Kakuzu and Hidan look fantastic.

Dark Dragon
Fri, 04-16-2010, 02:31 AM
I think i'm going to spend a good while killing Sasuke over and over for making the last manga arc so painful to read.

darkshadow
Fri, 04-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Great stuff.
Also Pein and sage shennanigans confirmed (http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7677/img0268hp.jpg)

I wonder if they will include the younger versions of the characters too though, just like what they did with accel 1/2.

Anyway, they say to include over 15 new characters.
Chiyo, Hidan, Kakuzu, Deidara, Sasori and Pein have already been confirmed. That leaves at least 9 more characters, I'm thinking of:
Konan, Tobi, Killerbee, Suigetsu, Juugo, Karin, Raikage, Sai and Yamato.

Then hopefully we'll get more stuff like Hokages 1/2/4, Danzou, Sound 5, Anko, Hanabi, Sound 3.... >_>

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Danzou can fight :confused:

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-16-2010, 08:42 AM
I too want the past characters... though Im more interested in seeing the old ones we didn't get to play with... as in the Sound 5. Unlikely though.

They need to make a decent number of characters for online play. Specially if all of them play the same like the first game...

Dark Dragon
Fri, 04-16-2010, 12:27 PM
I hope they do away with the support only characters nonsense. I'd rather lose a few support characters and have them all as playable.

Marik
Mon, 04-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Gamespot added some new pics today.

Screens added on: Apr 19, 2010 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/narutoshippudenultimateninjastorm2/images.html?tag=stitialclk%3Bgamespace)

----

April 19, 2010 - Santa Clara, Calif. - NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today revealed new gameplay features for NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2. Based on the popular NARUTO SHIPPUDEN animated series from VIZ Media, LLC, the game will deliver an evolved Support Character system and online versus play to let budding ninja around the world to flex their impressive jutsu for all to see.

To provide a true ultimate experience, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 will offer various online features including:

Player Match – Take on rival ninja to sharpen playing skills or just for kicks with the following match types:

*Quick Match: Play deadly ninja roulette with random opponent selection

*Custom Match: Define match settings and pick your battles

*Create Match: Host a match and have challengers come to you

Ranked Match - Challenge and defeat players around the world to improve your global ranking and become the true ultimate ninja

Ranking System - Compare your skills and strengths with players the world over and climb your way up the global rankings

Staying true to the anime series, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 immerses players in the mythical world of ninja with new expansive environments, exciting plot twists, explosive battle systems and stunning visuals. The game will also feature a new and improved Support Character system where players can call upon allies for help in battle.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 is developed by CyberConnect2 (http://games.ign.com/objects/027/027837.html) and will be available this fall.

Marik
Wed, 04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/uns2cover.jpg

Archangel
Wed, 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Cool cover

Glad it's coming out on the 360 too

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 04-21-2010, 02:31 PM
so im assuming since its coming to japan in the fall its gonna be at least another year for the US release? there anyway to play these on not imported consoles like the gamecube did?

Marik
Wed, 04-21-2010, 02:38 PM
so im assuming since its coming to japan in the fall its gonna be at least another year for the US release? there anyway to play these on not imported consoles like the gamecube did?

The US & Japanese versions are both coming out this Fall.

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-21-2010, 02:48 PM

Dude... the 1st game was released one month prior to the japanese release. I don't see why they can't repeat it this time around.

And yeah, Marik already confirmed the release as well.

The cover is great. Tons better than the first game.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
The US & Japanese versions are both coming out this Fall.

oh sweet thankyou!

did the first one play anything like gekitou ninja taisen?

Marik
Wed, 04-21-2010, 03:03 PM
oh sweet thankyou!

did the first one play anything like gekitou ninja taisen?

No, the controls are different from the Wii / Gamecube games. You pretty much only have 1 attack button on Ultimate Ninja games compared to multiple on the Clash of Ninja series.

Circle - Attack
Triangle - Throw Kunai

vs

A - Strong Attack
B - Weak Attack
Y - Thorw
X - Jutsu

darkshadow
Wed, 04-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Great cover, sage naruto makes for some great art.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Looking good. Let's hope the online play is just as well-made as the cover.

DBZ: Burst Limit's lag was abysmal.

animus
Fri, 04-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Is th english dub this far ahead already much less the Japanese dub?

Archangel
Fri, 04-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Is th english dub this far ahead already much less the Japanese dub?
I think that the streaming websites opened the back door for something like this

Marik
Sat, 05-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Some new scans

Marik
Fri, 05-14-2010, 09:42 AM
The game is on Amazon now with the North American cover art and a release date of 9-28-2010.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Ultimate+Ninja+Storm+2&x=0&y=0

Marik
Sun, 05-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Some more scans.

darkshadow
Mon, 05-24-2010, 04:35 AM
Nice stuff, but this is getting stale. Either show new characters, or some stuff of the other announced characters.

Marik
Tue, 05-25-2010, 09:49 AM
New Trailer from the UK Level Up Event (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2TkJVFMQY&fmt=22)

This trailer features Sage Mode Jiraiya taking on Pain as well as Naruto taking on the Akatsuki Immortals.

----

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 First Look (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/narutoshippudenultimateninjastorm2/news.html?sid=6263412&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;1&mode=previews)

There's a video interview on the page as well.

----

New Screenshots (http://scrawlfx.com/gallery/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/may-24-2010/)

Marik
Thu, 06-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Gamereactor - Naruto: Ninja Storm 2 Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph3_gaeo4N0)

darkshadow
Thu, 06-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Nice interview, though I hope with "content from eps being broadcast now" actually means, "content from eps being broadcast in october".

Also his comment about the boss battles just made me replay the sannin battle in UNS ;P.

Marik
Thu, 06-03-2010, 10:02 PM
StrategyInformer Interview with Hiroshi Matsuyama (http://www.strategyinformer.com/xbox360/narutoshippudenultimateninjastorm2/interviews.html)

"Hiroshi Matsuyama: The release date for the US is not decided yet. However, what we know is that there might be a one week delay."

Looks like Europe will have a 1 week head start on everyone else, when it comes to online.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Looks like Europe will have a 1 week head start on everyone else, when it comes to online.

/cheers

Hoping it's lag-free, or region-filtered

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-07-2010, 09:04 AM
StrategyInformer Interview with Hiroshi Matsuyama (http://www.strategyinformer.com/xbox360/narutoshippudenultimateninjastorm2/interviews.html)

"Hiroshi Matsuyama: The release date for the US is not decided yet. However, what we know is that there might be a one week delay."

I hate Namco Bandai for this.
Its been months since the releases of Tales of Vesperia, .hack//LINK, One Piece Unlimited Cruise 1 and One Piece Unlimited Cruise 2 and no dates or plans to localize have been announced.

Then we get Naruto one week later?

I may skip the game if the E3 passes with no announcement of at least one of the games I state above.

Marik
Wed, 06-09-2010, 11:34 AM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/moonhead.jpg

Archangel
Wed, 06-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Who's Lars?

Marik
Wed, 06-09-2010, 11:46 AM
One of the newest fighters in Tekken 6. Lars Alexandersson (http://www.tekkenpedia.com/wiki/Lars_Alexandersson)

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/lars.png

Archangel
Wed, 06-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Well he does look like an anime character...

darkshadow
Wed, 06-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Lars is kazuya's brother. And he actually has a pretty awesome fighting style, but we'll have to see how it translate into narutoverse.

Archangel
Wed, 06-09-2010, 01:07 PM
He'll probably play a little like Lee, no jutsus just contact moves

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-09-2010, 02:33 PM
So instead of the Sound Five, Zabuza and Haku we get Tekken characters?

Archangel
Wed, 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
So instead of the Sound Five, Zabuza and Haku we get Tekken characters?
Calm yourself down fanboy, you don't even know if they're not included too >_>

Marik
Thu, 06-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I have been looking into this. Apparently, Tekken 6 featured console exclusive alternates designed by manga artists. Kazuya had one designed by CLAMP and Zafina's was designed by Mutsumi Inomata from the Tales series. Lars' alternate was designed by Kishimoto himself and that's why he's being included in Storm 2.

http://sdtekken.com/2009/06/29/gallery-jin-x-clamp/

http://www.gamegrep.com/screenshots/23504-more_tekken_6_costumes_designed_by_manga_artists/

RyougaZell
Thu, 06-10-2010, 02:36 PM
I suspected this was the reason. I remember reading about CLAMP and other artists making the alternate suits. Though, I was too lazy to confirm if this one was by Kishimoto. Nevertheless... I really think they should include other characters instead. Only Tekken fans know about this... people on gamefaq forums are asking if this guy is from any movie or filler episode.

Marik
Sun, 06-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Another scan.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-14-2010, 08:31 AM
So... why is Sasuke's portrait so big on the screens? Because he doesn't have teammates alongside him? If that its the reason... its a very bad one.

Archangel
Mon, 06-14-2010, 09:12 AM
So... why is Sasuke's portrait so big on the screens? Because he doesn't have teammates alongside him? If that its the reason... its a very bad one.
So it can include his yummy chest? :confused:

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-14-2010, 09:27 AM
So it can include his yummy chest? :confused:

I knew you drooled with traps... but also with emo's? We are losing you Arch

Archangel
Mon, 06-14-2010, 09:43 AM
I knew you drooled with traps... but also with emo's? We are losing you Arch
I'm just hypothesizing here, maybe fanservice is their way to get some girl gamers in on this too?

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-14-2010, 09:47 AM
I was actually thinkingn they are Sasuke-tards like Kishimoto.

Though that's just a Kuboing in my part.

Its probably just that if you are playing solo your profile looks bigger. But it looks out of place and lame (and not because its Sasuke... but because it breaks the symmetry)

Marik
Mon, 06-14-2010, 09:54 AM

Because it's a boss battle.

Marik
Wed, 06-16-2010, 03:17 AM
Deidara vs Gaara Boss Fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUVVKAOSo68&fmt=22)

Kakashi vs Naruto Boss Fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Av42yqBdU&&fmt=22)

Sakura vs Sasori Boss Fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm1GRRTNKII&fmt=22)

---

E3 2010 Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ur8NMko-RY&fmt=22)

---

Gamespot Stage Demo/Interview Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6anQLe02LE&fmt=22)

Gamespot Stage Demo/Interview Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTh-2TaMiQs&fmt=22[/url)

---

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., today announced that Lars Alexandersson, of TEKKEN 6 fame, will appear in NARUTO™ SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. As an unlockable guest character, Lars brings his explosive signature moves to the game’s versus mode which will add new depth and dimension to the overall experience.

He will also appear in his TEKKEN 6 costume designed by NARUTO creator Masashi Kishimoto. Based on the popular NARUTO SHIPPUDEN animated series from VIZ Media LLC, the game delivers a brand new online mode, a first for the Ultimate Ninja series, as well as an improved support character system and gripping storyline. NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 is scheduled to be released throughout North America this fall.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 faithfully recreates the anime series and envelops players into the mythical world of ninja with new expansive environments, missions, battle systems and gameplay modes. While there are two sides to every story, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 has three. Encompassing the NARUTO SHIPPUDEN story arc, the game has a deep three-part story mode that have players living different as well as daring ninja lives through the eyes of Naruto, Sasuke and Jiraya.

With more than 40 characters to choose from, engaging in bigger and more epic cinematic boss battles has never been this explosive. The game will also deliver a new and improved Support Character system which allows players to link jutsus for wild ninja punishment and awards compatibility bonuses according to the strategic selection of ally recruits. To provide a true ultimate experience, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 will also offer various online features where players can sharpen their skills or flex their fighting muscle to defeat rival ninja from around the world.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-16-2010, 04:07 AM
The dudes playing kinda sucked :p

Marik
Wed, 06-16-2010, 04:55 AM
The dudes playing kinda sucked :p

Indeed, but it was nice to see some gameplay finally. I'm also glad they specified that Lars would actually be playable in the game. People were thinking that only his costume would be in the game.

The best news of all in my opinion, was the inclusion of a story mode. That's one thing that was missing from the first one that I really wanted. I'm glad that you don't only use Naruto in it and get to live out the story as two others. It should be interesting.

Marik
Fri, 06-18-2010, 10:09 PM
YouTube took it down. So here's the original.

Naruto vs Kakashi Gameplay (4:57) (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-naruto-shippuden/700566?type=flv)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-18-2010, 11:57 PM
The lighting effects for Naruto's Rasengan looks funny/weird, but I like the Water Dragon Bullet (Suiryudan) technique. Hope that's a multiplayer move.

Marik
Sun, 06-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Itachi vs Sasuke scan. Looks like Yamato. Tsunade, and Sai are in as well.

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-20-2010, 11:55 AM
The lower screen with Itachi and Sasuke reminded me of this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/0001.jpg

darkshadow
Sun, 06-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Lol I didn't want to say it myself :P.

Good too see that there will plenty of epic boss battles though.

Marik
Sun, 06-20-2010, 05:51 PM
New V-Jump Scans with Lars, Sasuke, Orochimaru, and 4-Tailed Naruto. lol @ Lars having one of those machine guns from Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign.

Orochimaru, 4-Tailed Naruto, & Sasuke (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/oro%20and%204tails.jpg)

Lars (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/lars.jpg)

Marik
Fri, 06-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Blurry Hidan & Kakuzu Scan (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/hidkak.jpg)

What it says.

Kakuzu is bad-tempered, money-obsessed miser. He can detach his arms and control them through a mass of tendrils, and he can also control the tendrils themselves. He has five hearts, and every single heart must be destroyed for him to be killed and each heart has a different elemental jutsu.

His awakening will be Thread Mode or Shinzo Mode.

Jutsu: Wind Style: Pressure Damage. Kakuzu’s wind-affinity heart shoots a blast of wind that knocks opponents backward into the air.

Light Style: False Darkness. Kakuzu’s lightning affinity heart electrifies the ground in front of him.

Fire Style: Searing Migraine. Kakuzu summons several of his hearts, trapping his enemy with Lightning Style: False Darkness, then shoots a giant fireball.

Ultimate Jutsu – Earth Grudge: Final Shot. Kakuzu elongates his arms, grabs the enemy and throws them in the air. He then transforms his arms into a giant cannon and blasts his enemy with a massive triple-element attack.

--

Hidan is an immortal and wields a three-bladed scythe attached to a long metal cable. He is a devout follower of the bloodthirsty Way of Jashin and takes great pleasure in inflicting pain upon his opponents.

His awakening will be Ritual Jashin Mode.

Jutsu – Soul Hunt. A combo where Hidan does a forward flip followed by a devastating downward slash with his triple-bladed scythe.

Ultimate Jutsu – Curse Jutsu: Death Possession Blood Hidan draws the Jashin symbol on the ground and then attempts to ensnare his opponent. If he succeeds in linking his body with his opponent’s, he cackles and impales himself with a spike, inflicting damage on them through their connection.

Archangel
Fri, 06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Hidan should have unlimited HP :D

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Kakuzu's combos sound weird on paper, so here's hoping they turn out fine in practice.

darkshadow
Sat, 06-26-2010, 04:47 AM
awesome new trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoksJJAaqeo) that also shows some kakuzu/hidan.

I love how packed with Boss battles this game will be, the jiraiya/pein fight and gaara vs deidara look freaking awesome (especially gaara).
Also I like how even though they don't use any of the shows music, cc2's music is still totally recognizable as naruto and even better then the shows at times.

Lars looks pretty great too.

Archangel
Sat, 06-26-2010, 07:44 AM
The slowdowns in the fight vs Sasori's 100 puppets looks pretty legendary

Marik
Sat, 06-26-2010, 10:00 AM
I was wondering why it looked so familiar to me. Then I realized it was the E3 trailer that I posted in post 225.

E3 2010 Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ur8NMko-RY&fmt=22)

darkshadow
Sat, 06-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Didn't even notice it in your post o_O, at least yours is in HD.

Marik
Sat, 07-10-2010, 09:17 AM
The German Amazon site has a CE listed (http://www.amazon.de/Naruto-Shippuden-Ultimate-Ninja-Collectors/dp/B003QF5NNA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1278760726&sr=1-1)

The CE contains...

- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Game
- Soundtrack CD
- Additional character Minato (Playable from the start.)
- A limited edition Laser Cell drawing by M. Kishimoto
- Special Packaging

The release date for the demo will be announced next week.

Marik
Sat, 07-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Here's a scan of the Naruto vs Pain boss battle and you can also see Konan and Choji as support characters in the Kakashi vs Pain screens.

--

Namco Bandai has set July 29 as the date for the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 demo. Producer Sasaki says PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners will be able to get the demo and try a Kakashi boss battle then. The demo sounds like the same fight Namco Bandai let E3 attendees play last month.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is set to come out on October 21 in Japan. Reserve the game in the Land of the Rising Sun and you’ll get a visual book as a bonus.

While a release date for North America and Europe has not been announced, Sasaki says Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 will ship roughly the same time in mid-October.

Psyke
Sat, 07-17-2010, 02:39 AM
Did you mention Minato as a playable character? This has to be the deciding factor if I get the game or not :p

Marik
Sat, 07-17-2010, 02:47 AM
He's in the game, but I don't know if you can use him or not. He may end up being a support only character like the First and Second Hokages in the original Storm.

Psyke
Sat, 07-17-2010, 03:02 AM
That would suck big time. By the time they released the 1st and 2nd Hokage on the original I had already moved on. :(

darkshadow
Sat, 07-17-2010, 04:29 AM
Doesn't the CE mention that he is an additional character and playable from the start?

Also he has been in the NH series since NH3, NH6/UNS was an exception I believe because it already lacked a bunch of characters, I'm sure minato will return for UNS2.

Also pretty awesome that the game will be released on oct 21st, awesome b-day present :D

Marik
Sat, 07-17-2010, 04:35 AM
It says playable from the start, but no one knows if he's going to be a main or support. It could just be a code to make him selectable like the Hokages in Storm. I'm hoping that he is a main char and not just a support.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-17-2010, 04:42 AM
Support only characters would be pretty silly though, UNS only had them because of time constraints. I don't think UNS2 will have support only characters.

Marik
Sat, 07-17-2010, 04:46 AM
Well it says there are 40+ chars in the game, but when you read the decription on various sites it says..

"Master 25 Fully Transformable Warriors: Behold your characters transforming into powerful warriors in battle! All characters will possess amazing power that expands the scale of a battle to unprecedented levels!"

That kind of says to me that only 25 of the 40+ will actually be mains and the rest are supports.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-17-2010, 05:18 AM
That just sounds to me like 25 out of the 40+ are transformable.
I mean NH3 had 40+ characters (42) but if you counted all the transformations, it would reach like 50+ characters, so it had like ~12transformable ones.

NH5 had even more transformable ones.
UNS already had 25 playable chars, 35 with supports, and 42 in total with transformations and alts.

Having only 25 characters playable in UNS2 and the rest as support would thus be pretty terrible.