PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a crappy first post, but I need help with yalls tracker

Jaecp
Tue, 05-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey, Jaecp here of no real fame,

I'm trying to get all of Naruto on my portable hard drive before my military deployment that starts, well, this monday. The tracker at gotwoot lists the AonE naruto compilations 26-50 51-75 and 76-100 as having like 40 seeders and some 120 leechers right now, but I'm at around 35% for each of the three (1-25 suddenly got this huuuuuuuuge upload spike up to about 1200kbs and finished yesterday)

I only get internet while I am at this coffeeshop and I wonder if any of you can help? Im trying to collect at least 100 gigs of anime to share with my coworkers before we go

So far I got the entirety of bleach, almost all of hunter x hunter, tekkeman blade, and working on getting all of naruto.

Would love some advice/links

Thank you all!

Munsu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Well not much you can do about it, since you might not have proper port foward settings, since you're using the internet that's not yours. It doesn't help matters that you only use the internet @ limited times in the coffee shop.

In the meantime, you can try and find some direct download sites... I don't know of any at the moment. Google can do you good.

Jaecp
Tue, 05-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh, I doubt its the internets ports, im getting fine torrents from most other places, just had issues on occasion with gotwoot. I am wondering mostly why bit comet has problems viewing the seeds

Munsu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Might want to try another client, like utorrent. GW's tracker doesn't like bitcomet, and I wouldn't be surprised if the client were banned.

Jaecp
Tue, 05-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Really?

Why would a particular torrent not be liked?

Munsu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Many clients are not liked, not just this one in particular... I wouldn't know the specifics.

Hasn't been updated in a while, but here's a ban list, etc:
http://wiki.depthstrike.com/index.php/Tracker_Information#Client_Banlist

Jaecp
Tue, 05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Nifty.

I snagged utorrents client a few days ago, but didn't feel a need to try it till now, thanks!

Munsu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Well, I'm not sure if your problem is entirely a client problem... but hopefully it'll improve. I would certainly try and find some direct download site to help out. You can also try and use isohunt to find some other torrents that may contain the files you want and could help in the download process, with your limited time and all.

Jaecp
Tue, 05-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah.

I wonder, if its possible to use the partial download I got off of bitcomet with utorrent?

It was a slight improvement, i think, got a 1.3kbs for a few seconds, told me I would need to wait 8 weeks :)

Munsu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM
uTorrent should check the files and figure out what has been downloaded and what hasn't, as long as you point it to the right directory and the filenames are the same.

Jaecp
Tue, 05-13-2008, 06:38 PM
It didn't i believe as having to do bitcomet as flagging them as incomplete bit comet downloads, since bitcoment does some weird stuff like having the space taken up before the download starts (which is cool, because it keeps you from having more file queued up than you can handle)

Kraco
Wed, 05-14-2008, 02:43 AM
That's normal torrent behavior and all decent clients should have an option for it. utorrent included naturally. I don't remember if it's on or off by default, though. And utorrent certainly accepts Bitcomet's partial downloads, because I switched from Bitcomet to utorrent a long time ago, and already back then it did. You might need to change the file name extension first, though. Just to be sure, it's better to point them at different directories and copy the Bitcomet files to the utorrent download directory to retain back-ups for trials.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-14-2008, 07:19 AM
utorrent's auto-detect didn't work for me. I was downloading Kaze no Stigma not too long ago, and was half way through when my friend gave me the series. Three eps in the middle were by a different fansub though, so I decided to get rid of all the other part files, chuck the completed files in, and just let it finish the three that weren't complete. I think it might have been the "utorrent part file" or similar that was in there, but it just wiped everything and started over again.

I guess in the end I was in a better position that I started up in. Just kinda left me confused.

So does switching to utorrent work any better Jaecp?

Jaecp
Thu, 05-15-2008, 09:50 PM
It downloading, but I can't seem to get the incomplete files from bitcomet to work with utorrent,

Heh, im currently downloading at a combined 9kbs and uploading in the 40's, which puts me finishing the download sometime while I am in Hong Kong :-/

Im not even trying to get these for me, its so I can give them to other people, heh.

Hopefully, over the weekend, I can leave my computer on and it will get more priority for being higher up on the connected list (or you could all go host the 2-4th naruto seasons :-p)

Eh, all in all its kinda weird, the back episodes that were stuck at 0.0% from dattebayo are working on utorrent now. Thats nice

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Where are you downloading from? (country) Sounds to me like you busted your internet cap.

Jaecp
Fri, 05-16-2008, 01:08 PM
California.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Sorry about that, I just remembered you're doing this from a coffee shop. Not much you could do about that even IF they had a quota cap, which I doubt they do in the US, atleast for a cafe.

Only other thing I can suggest is try a different location, thought it's probably not possible. Anyway, I can tell you that if it's a connection problem, it'll be fine when you take it to Hong Kong. I was there early last year, and that's where I got all my Naruto.