PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 57-58

Penner
Thu, 05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
naruto 57-58 is out by Dattebayo (http://dattebayo.com/t/ns057-058.torrent)

Damn good ep imo ,aside from Narutos stiff-wheel, seriously lol..(havent that crappy animation been in a previous ep, i seem to recall seeing it before..)

The sai comfort part was hilarious and the music was badass in some fights plus the animation was good most of the time.

Btw, Grave-surfing...how awesome is that! ;P

Kusanagi
Fri, 05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
LOL at Sai being gay for Naruto

Assertn
Fri, 05-09-2008, 01:24 AM
The Sai part was good, and the flashbacks of a younger Asuma was neat as well.
Aside from that...it felt a little slow...

Also why does Naruto have to run away from a boar...seriously...

darkmetal505
Fri, 05-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Yo, a giant stone structure in the middle of a field is not conspicuous at all. Even Naruto found it....

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-09-2008, 02:45 AM
Very good episode with the exception of the animation during the Naruto/Sora fistfight.

Fleshing out the Naruto universe and also Asuma's background. Badass ninjas rising from the grave. And possibly even a filler Jinchuuriki! All the kind of stuff you don't expect in fillers. Hell, the first fight with Naruto/Sora(the one with actually powers) was actually good.

And best of all, no made up new countries or little crying kids!

kmkze04
Fri, 05-09-2008, 02:54 AM
Yeah, actually that episode surprised me that it was actually good, and compared to the pace and crap of the last part of the story, I'd prefer filler arcs if its gonna be like this. There was a lot of comic relief missing from the previous episodes, a good couple of fights, and a decent storyline to follow.
Sai acting gay was so... fitting it was a little frightening haha.
Sakura's fall in Naruto's room was amazing.

The only thing was that Sora's change of heart was a little too quick for me (wow, did I actually say that a Naruto story subplot went quickly??)

AND NARUTO DIDN'T USE RASENGAN THE WHOLE SET OF FIGHTS!!! OMG!!!
(He did use Kage Bunshin, but not using Rasengan is a good start!)

Assertn
Fri, 05-09-2008, 03:08 AM
Also, an FYI for those who don't read the manga...

Chiriku is a non-filler character and his relationship with Asuma is also non-filler.

Penner
Fri, 05-09-2008, 03:10 AM
Exactly, it was indeed surprising how good it was for filler material, waay better then the vast majority of the non-filler shippuuden eps so far.

And i gotta admit, i'm really liking Sai more and more, when he first appeared and the few eps after i totally hated him and his gay looks & attitude (except for calling Sakura a bitch and whatnot, that was great), now that he's friendly (atleast trying to) his weird persona can create some hilarious scenes like the 'comforting' of Naruto.

Really nice to hear a more about Asuma aswell, he's just so damn cool :cool:

[edit] Ah yeah, regarding the post above, i kinda figured he wasnt filler 'cause they dont usually intertwine fillers that much into non-fillers (and if/when they do its massive fail, bleach dolls anyone?)

Archangel
Fri, 05-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Well i'm not thrilled at the prospect of having another "naruto" in the show ( if we include fillers that makes what, 50 narutos so far? ) but still the animation was good and at least naruto didn't completely suck in the fights. Also, Sora has some badass techniques and seeing young Asuma was cool too. Overall, average/good episode.

Edit: Btw, where the hell did yamato get that flashlight? They have electricity now??

Kusanagi
Fri, 05-09-2008, 07:33 AM
About the fights, we could say that Naruto didn't suck in them, or we can say that Sora is just as bad as Naruto. This filler has alot of potential and it sounds like the majority so far agrees.

michelous
Fri, 05-09-2008, 08:41 AM
what do you think 2.5 years of training was for so naruto wouldn't suck in fist-fighting and such

Darknodin
Fri, 05-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Well i'm not thrilled at the prospect of having another "naruto" in the show ( if we include fillers that makes what, 50 narutos so far? ) but still the animation was good and at least naruto didn't completely suck in the fights. Also, Sora has some badass techniques and seeing young Asuma was cool too. Overall, average/good episode.

Edit: Btw, where the hell did yamato get that flashlight? They have electricity now??

they always had. they had radios in like the 1st ep. I personally love that they flesh out the fire temple and i think Sora is a pretty cool character.

Kraco
Fri, 05-09-2008, 09:35 AM
It wasn't a bad ep, though not terribly much happened considering it was a double ep. Felt more like 1.5 episode. But even so it was faster than the canon Shippuuden staring contest episodes, which is a jolly good thing.

Sora was a pretty tough dude, but for whatever Shinto god's sake they could have skipped the "I was bullied as a child too" sob story for once. Fortunately it was over fast. I wouldn't have minded more fighting between Sora and Naruto, either, because for some reason that was the first Naruto's fight for a while I thought was somewhat exciting (not counting Kyuubi's fight as Naruto's now).

KrayZ33
Fri, 05-09-2008, 12:08 PM
pretty good fighting animation... there were only 2 scenes which were totally annoying.. DBZ fist-fighting (for example when naruto fell on Sora and was blocking his attacks, which kept him from falling down lol) and the scene where he made cartwheels.. that looked totally stupid xD

all in all pretty good stuff... nice filler(?) characters, and some awesome fighting moves (in my opinion), taijutsu ftw! the villians don't look that bad either.. ya I'm starting to look forward to naruto again!

btw I never get sick of the "i got bullied when i was young"-story... but I always want to see naruto turning into the ninetails (~2-4 tails or something like that) and saying something like "Look its alright to have something like that inside you, it depends on how you use it!" and then some nice fighting action with naruto totally overhelming his enemys... the other person sees that he's trying hard and helps him with unleashing his own "monster"-powers... that would we cool!

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Also, an FYI for those who don't read the manga...

Chiriku is a non-filler character and his relationship with Asuma is also non-filler.So does that mean this stuff about the 12 guardians guarding the Feudal Lord is non-filler also?
btw I never get sick of the "i got bullied when i was young"-story... but I always want to see naruto turning into the ninetails (~2-4 tails or something like that) and saying something like "Look its alright to have something like that inside you, it depends on how you use it!" and then some nice fighting action with naruto totally overhelming his enemys... the other person sees that he's trying hard and helps him with unleashing his own "monster"-powers... that would we cool!Except in order for him to do that, Naruto would have to be able to control Kyuubi. Which removes all the dramatic tension from him using it.
Edit: Btw, where the hell did yamato get that flashlight? They have electricity now??Seriously? Have you not paid attention at all? Nevermind the headset radios, they have vcr's and computers and Konoha is covered in telephone poles with powerlines.

Assertn
Fri, 05-09-2008, 02:12 PM
So does that mean this stuff about the 12 guardians guarding the Feudal Lord is non-filler also?
Pretty much...although perhaps with quite a bit less backstory.

KrayZ33
Fri, 05-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Seriously? Have you not paid attention at all? Nevermind the headset radios, they have vcr's and computers and Konoha is covered in telephone poles with powerlines.

not only that.. I just wanted to mention Naruto-Movie 2.... its like "High-tech vs. Ninja power"

now that I think about it, it was probably the coolest movie of all 4 btw :P

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Huh, it would really be nice if they're going to entertwine this part of the manga, along with some filler stuff meant to flesh out the characters and the world. And yeah, as far as filler episodes go, this was quite nice. The fighting was awesome, even the hand to had stuff. Speaking of which, where the hell was all this Naruto Taijutsu skill earlier when they fought? I won't ask about where it was during non-filler episodes, but I mean, in the same episode? Come on now...

KrayZ33
Fri, 05-09-2008, 07:42 PM
you are talking about the scene @ ~15:00? well i don't know but for me Sora was simply even more serious than he was later during the training.. and it was cool to see his kind of wind-base-taijutsu, that was btw one of the best scenes in the anime for me... such nice combinations on Sora's side.. especially his first block + counter attack and his last attack against the kage bushin.... ahh thats art! beautiful ^^

and is it just me or does anyone else get a nostalgic feeling from this here (http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=aorFWu1QV0s&feature=related) when you see naruto using kage bushin @ 14:30?

oh man, i don't mind if it keeps going on like this... too bad they made a bad job at the "training" scene... that looked just wrong.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Agreed that it was some good filler. Just why is it that whenever Naruto summons Mass Shadow Clones that it always seems like they have to split his skills too? Really, every time he makes so many clones, they always go up in smoke.

I remember when they had the Kakashi vs Naruto&Sakura fight at the beginning, Kakashi said Naruto's learned to co-ordinate his shadow clones better. We can probably extend that to mean the more clones he makes, the more mind power he'll have to use to organise them. Put that and Naruto's brain capacity together, and you get a mindless rush of cannon fodder.

Still, the fights were good while they lasted.

Assertn
Fri, 05-09-2008, 09:25 PM
The filler writers always end up introducing elements that "conveniently" showed up shortly prior to it in the actual storyline. They introduce elemental form manipulation and now there's already a wind guy that not only manipulates wind chakra, but also enhances his blades the same way Asuma does.

Kagari
Sat, 05-10-2008, 03:07 AM
I thought this was an amazing episode. I don't read the manga, and had i not checked here, you could have told me it was not filler and I'd have believed you.

They are weaving it quite well into the story, with well-timed flashbacks and lots of connections to the "real" story and characters. The overall feel of the episode was like a regular ep. of Naruto...the humor, the fighting, the music, the characters...nothing seemed lame or out of place, and I'm excited to see this continue.

Naruto mimicking Sora's training...hilarious...fave part of the episode.

Chiodos
Sat, 05-10-2008, 04:00 AM
Thhe start of this filler scratches on the idea that this is a almost well written Naruto Movie, just that it's been cut in minor episodes.

And I do like that!

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-10-2008, 03:43 PM
I have a question that isn't really related to this episode but i remember a few episodes back, naruto switched to like HD or something, and ever since then, everytime i downloaded naruto from bearshare, (torrent programs dont work for me for some reason, like i would start downloading something and it would stay at 0%) and i would try to play it with windows media player, i would get the audio but the video wouldnt work, so ever since then I've been forced to watch it on youtube :'(.

have the past few eps been better drawn or animated or better quality than previously?

poopdeville
Sat, 05-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Yes, they look good. This episode had very nice art. The animation varies -- some of the fighting was pretty cool. Naruto doing a cartwheel was ridiculous enough that it made me laugh.

DDBen
Sat, 05-10-2008, 04:09 PM
@Mizuchi
try this site for direct downloads of the episodes. You need to join there forums and post something once for every 3 downloads but they at least usually do Naruto and Bleach weekly if that helps.

http://www.national-anime.com/free_media.php

Also try updating your codecs that sounds like your problem.

As for the episode whats this good filler? I like filler that fleshes out some of the characters. I also don't mind them extending Naruto's training like this. Overall I actually really liked this episode and look forward to the rest of the arc.

Kraco
Sat, 05-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I have a question that isn't really related to this episode but i remember a few episodes back, naruto switched to like HD or something, and ever since then, everytime i downloaded naruto from bearshare, (torrent programs dont work for me for some reason, like i would start downloading something and it would stay at 0%) and i would try to play it with windows media player, i would get the audio but the video wouldnt work, so ever since then I've been forced to watch it on youtube :'(.

have the past few eps been better drawn or animated or better quality than previously?

DB switched from xvid to h264 for both Naruto and Bleach a few eps ago. Your problem is a codec one, like DDBen said.

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-10-2008, 07:32 PM
*sigh* I dont know if i have a virus or what. I downloaded windows media player 11 and still no luck. Any ways i can manually install or update the codec? I already have a virus that doesnt let me use internet explorer (makes page cannot be displayed thing whenever i try and use it), so i made firefox my main browser. :'(

Kusanagi
Sat, 05-10-2008, 07:46 PM
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Get the VLC player, it is a MUCH better player. It should solve all, if not most, of your problems.

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-10-2008, 08:12 PM

Get the VLC player, it is a MUCH better player. It should solve all, if not most, of your problems.

WHY IS MY COMPUTER TURNING RANDOM COLORS AND BLINKING OWNED?!?!?!?!?!?:?!?!?!?!

hahah jkk

thanks a lot man :) look for the cattle in the sky, it will bring you 7 years of good harvest. But beware of the wild rabbit... be oh so wary of the rabbit...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Windows Media Player with the CCCP codec pack has never failed to play anything for me.

KrayZ33
Sun, 05-11-2008, 06:21 AM

I hate VLC 8[ the video quality is better than with wmp-classic, but I can't skip forward without having serious problems... maybe my computer isn't strong enough.. but I also use Zoom-Player at the moment, which is my favorite for now.. great colours etc and no problems with skipping ~30 minutes or more.

Jaecp
Tue, 05-13-2008, 05:16 PM
2nd on the WMP CCCP combo, I think I've had one anime ever not run in it, some random mecha thingie.

I don't get why naruto doesn't just use em as a distraction, or ever keep some of the tricks that have been used before. Shapeshifting his clones, use most of his clones as a distraction to setup one of those 5 man combo's hes done, clones fight while he sneaks around behind.

Anything besides the "omg rush ftw ftw ftw oh noes i lost my clones"

:(

KrayZ33
Wed, 05-14-2008, 07:25 AM
I don't know why he doesn't transform them into weapons like he did in the first shippudden episode, or even in the classic episode vs zabuza... (you remember that big shuriken thingy?)

this would be actually a great technique... the enemy HAS to dodge it, and if he dodge it, he can release the transformation and grab his arm or something... or even just release it and the clone throws ~2-3 kunais by himself after that.. he will corner his enemy very quickly this way and the rasengan would be able to hit the target this way....

and in narutoverse it seems very difficult for ninjas to dodge attacks when they are in midair.. its such a great opening and naruto never uses it and he doesn't even try to get him to such a position.. kakashi for example FORCED naruto to jump during the first shippudden episode and took advantage of that very quickly.

Kusanagi
Wed, 05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Very true KrayZ33, but remember, Kakashi is a good ninja and Naruto is a retard.

Archangel
Fri, 05-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Windows Media Player with the CCCP codec pack has never failed to play anything for me.

Agreed.

Very true KrayZ33, but remember, Kakashi is a good ninja and Naruto is a retard.

Also agreed.