PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 169

Munsu
Thu, 05-08-2008, 05:04 AM
DB:
http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b169.torrent

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 05-08-2008, 10:07 AM
How the hell did Ichigo and Co get back from hueco mundo! Why the hell is Rukia uninjured, after being impaled by the viginia moster man!!! Super mega hyper lame!!! I mean is this filler arc supposed to take place before the hueco mundo arc? How does any of this make sense and once the hueco mundo arc starts again how are they going to justify it?

"Okay orihime, we're going to have to head back back so I can officially rescue you from Aizen even though this stupid arc negates any reason we have to go back there."

Absolutely retarded.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 05-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Just see this arc as a movie that is spread out across several episodes. It is just a side story.

Kraco
Thu, 05-08-2008, 12:41 PM
I doubt the studio is any happier about this than the audience. But it's not like they had any choice with the manga being not too far ahead. I guess Bleach would have lost far too much momentum if this filler had been placed after the Bounto arc, postponing Hueco Mundo arc even further. They could have left Ichigo & co totally out of this arc, only using people from the SS, and thus avoiding all conflicts, but maybe they can't sideline the main character like that.

At least this hasn't looked that bad so far. And I'm such a simpleton fanboy that seeing Rukia even in a filler is enough to make me happy...

Jessper
Thu, 05-08-2008, 12:54 PM
How the hell did Ichigo and Co get back from hueco mundo! Why the hell is Rukia uninjured, after being impaled by the viginia moster man!!! Super mega hyper lame!!! I mean is this filler arc supposed to take place before the hueco mundo arc? How does any of this make sense and once the hueco mundo arc starts again how are they going to justify it?

"Okay orihime, we're going to have to head back back so I can officially rescue you from Aizen even though this stupid arc negates any reason we have to go back there."

Absolutely retarded.

How did we manage to have this discussion in the last thread and here again?

They specifically state that they are taking a break from that story and telling another. This is a different part of the series, where it is located in comparison to the rest of the show we only know it is after the SS arc, nothing more.

If you really are just using this to complain about the filler arc there is no other solution, you will have to make do.

(have not watched this yet, I'll edit this after that)

How surprisingly bad...

The Bankai thing was just stupid. Not much else to describe this episode.

TwisT
Thu, 05-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Isn't this a better way to make fillers? I mean if they make it clear from the beginning that this has nothing to do with the regular time line and is just filler that will not interfere with the original story (like the Bounto did by keeping those 3 modified souls around and even in the fight with Zangetsu/hollow Itchigo when it turned in to the Bounto leader) at all, isn't that better? At least to me it is. It sucks when the filler arcs affect the real arcs for many episodes after the fillers are over.

We can't be sure that those new characters wont be refered or used in the original storyline but since they did it this way it points to the fact that they wont ever mention anything about this once they get back to the original story.

If this is the case that is surely the best way to make a filler arc. Maybe they learned their mistake from the Bounto arc. Not that i thought that arc was bad. I actually thought it was a great arc considering it was a filler. But to keep character afterwards and make flashbacks too it when they are in the original storyline is just wrong. Once a filler arc is over it should never be mentioned again except if it's another filler that can profit from referring to the old fillers.

For the episode itself it was pretty boring to me. Nothing great, no interesting characters. And the fact that Itchigo had to use Bankai to get out of those lowest of hollows that piled on top of him was just ridiculous. He should have been able to handle them all without even using his sword. In SS he beat 3 vice captains without even using his sword or being in bankai mode. Or are they implying that each hollow on top of him where stronger then a VC? The same kind of hollows that he beat from episode 1? Ridiculous!

animus
Thu, 05-08-2008, 06:07 PM
It's really no one's fault but Kubo's for pacing his manga so awfully by filling it with inane pages and chapters of staring.

Darknodin
Thu, 05-08-2008, 07:16 PM
about the Bankai thing... everyone thought it was stupid (Rukia, Ishida).

also, i want to state that, as far as the anime is concerned, the Bounto arc IS part of the original story. it would make no sense for them not to reference it, when Ichigo faced the guy that may have been the most interesting villain so far in the series (not counting the Arrancar that we know nothing about). I personally don't care whether or not such character was included in the manga format, i don't read the manga.

about this particular arc. well, i see it as a movie. i actually liked the first episode but this one was kind of weak, but they always do this in the beginning of an arc, so we'll see what happens next (hopefully they'll get out of this school nonsense).

redcat
Thu, 05-08-2008, 08:28 PM
this is just retarded. there is no excusing it.

High Wind
Thu, 05-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Best part of this episode was Soul Society's Men's Association. I lol'd at Ukitake's "Badass" picture.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Isn't this a better way to make fillers? I mean if they make it clear from the beginning that this has nothing to do with the regular time line and is just filler that will not interfere with the original story (like the Bounto did by keeping those 3 modified souls around and even in the fight with Zangetsu/hollow Itchigo when it turned in to the Bounto leader) at all, isn't that better? At least to me it is. It sucks when the filler arcs affect the real arcs for many episodes after the fillers are over.On paper it would seem to be the case.

However, at the end of the day, the Naruto fillers, which were done in the same way, are the worst fillers I've ever seen. Conversely, the Bounto arc is the best filler I've ever seen.

In the end, I guess I don't care if a filler effects the main story a little, if it means the filler is going to be good.

If a filler is shit, by all means, keep it separate.

Archangel
Fri, 05-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Lol, that bankai was overkill to the point it made me laugh

Well since ishida already has his powers and ichigo still hasn't mastered his hollow transformation there's no way this will ever be able to relate to the main story but it sure does look like an amazing filler.

Lol the kid is so cute, i wonder what kind of power she has, also i'm curious about the bad guy, he looks alot cooler than Jin Kariya ever did. Overall good episode

Xyrox
Fri, 05-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Wow, that surprised me: I really liked it.

Ichigo going bankai was stupid yes, but Rukia's comment made me forgive them.
The same with Ishida's hollow killing, "That bow is perfect for defeating weak enemies. It's like a can of bug spray."

Yep, I enjoyed the episode, despite it being filler. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

TwisT
Fri, 05-09-2008, 10:40 AM
also, i want to state that, as far as the anime is concerned, the Bounto arc IS part of the original story. it would make no sense for them not to reference it, when Ichigo faced the guy that may have been the most interesting villain so far in the series (not counting the Arrancar that we know nothing about). I personally don't care whether or not such character was included in the manga format, i don't read the manga.

the Bounto arc can never be part of the original story. It's like if i made the LOTRs movies and i added Darth Vader beating up the Balrog instead of Gandalf and calling that part of the original story. Something added to the new piece that wasn't in the original will always be an addition and can never become a part of the original. In this case if it wasn't in the manga it's not part of the original story. Thats why we call them fillers in the first place.

However, at the end of the day, the Naruto fillers, which were done in the same way, are the worst fillers I've ever seen. Conversely, the Bounto arc is the best filler I've ever seen.

Agree, Naruto have had the worst fillers in any anime i have watched. And the Bounto was definitely one of the best fillers. Only one that is better that i can recall (i think it's a filler because i dnt remember it from the manga) is the marine fortress arc in One Piece after they came down from Skypeia. That one was so good that it actually felt like a real arc.

To me this filler arc don't impress right from the start. I hope it's just build up for something great.

Kraco
Fri, 05-09-2008, 12:03 PM
the Bounto arc can never be part of the original story. It's like if i made the LOTRs movies and i added Darth Vader beating up the Balrog instead of Gandalf and calling that part of the original story. Something added to the new piece that wasn't in the original will always be an addition and can never become a part of the original. In this case if it wasn't in the manga it's not part of the original story. Thats why we call them fillers in the first place.

The original is manga. The anime is based on the manga, not a reproduction. So, they can add whatever they want and it will still be a part of the anime story. It's just an adaptation. Similarly, now that you mentioned the LOTR movies, they were only based on the novels by Tolkien, not reproductions of them. That is, adaptations. And while they didn't have Darth Vader, they had quite a few differences.

Yukimura
Fri, 05-09-2008, 03:40 PM
This sort of thing gets into who 'owns' the Bleach universe, the manga or the anime, or are there two separate universes, the manga universe and the anime universe? Since the anime universe seems to just trail the manga universe and doesn't ever allow itself to (permanently) advance anything or anyone beyond whatever state they are supposed to be in in the manga universe it's hard to make the argument that the anime universe is truly independent.

In the LotR movies, and many other true adaptations, events are changed or removed in the adaptation such that elements of the later parts of the original story couldn't reasonably take place in the later parts of the adaptation and still make sense. In these situations the adaptations just rework things so that they have a coherent story. This gives an adaptation a measure of independence from the original source work because it is free to just ignore events from the original story and provide alternative causes for events that did happen in the original story.

If a manga-adaptation anime did something like that (Full Metal Alchemist) then I could see it as an independent adapted story as well and adding a flashbacks to something not in the original story in a part directly copied from the original story wouldn't bother me so much. However as it stands, the Bleach anime has set itself up as a direct copy of the manga story with no meaningful plot impact given to the fillers.

Since nothing unique to the anime is allowed to be anything but a zero-sum time filler it's hardly right to consider such fillers as part of the 'story'. References back to zero-sum events seem pointless as well, because those events don't exist to support any actual story, they simply exist because one chapter of manga doesn't equal one episode of anime.

itadakimasu
Fri, 05-09-2008, 10:35 PM
The concept of having the filler arc be a seperate story was fine with me... they even made it seem to me like it was a story right after the SS arc... which is easy to think with the way they opened this episode talking about ''events shortly after blah blah blah''

however... this being the case, ishada should not be whipping out his recently recovered powers that at this point in the timeline were not working.

i dont see how they can recover the hueco mundo story at this point

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Only one that is better that i can recall (i think it's a filler because i dnt remember it from the manga) is the marine fortress arc in One Piece after they came down from Skypeia. That one was so good that it actually felt like a real arc.
Ah yes the G8 arc in One Piece was excellent. But it was only like 10 episodes long.

The Bounto arc was more like 40. That they managed to maintain a level of quality over fillers for that long is a much more impressive achievement.

Because then you look at the Naruto fillers, which went for about 100 episodes, and less than 10 episodes in they had already gone to shit.

Kraco
Sat, 05-10-2008, 02:35 AM
i dont see how they can recover the hueco mundo story at this point

Obviously once this filler arc is finished they will just jump back to where the Hueco Mundo arc was left as if nothing happened. Or perhaps (more likely) they will even buy one extra week by inserting a total recap ep after these fillers.

Chiodos
Sat, 05-10-2008, 04:06 AM
It's still cheap though, if they did a recap at the end of this filler. And for one thing, is this going to be a 40 or more, episode-wise?

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-10-2008, 11:14 AM
It seems Roy Mustang and Alex Louis Armstrong became tired of being alchemists and switched over to shinigami.

Nintendo
Sun, 05-11-2008, 08:37 AM
i think that this filler arc is like along OVA and it will last for the whole summer and u can tell that from the intro so that in the winter we'll see the showdown between aizen and SS preparations as cpatain #1 (yamamto) said last summer.

Archangel
Tue, 05-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Personally i don't really mind these fillers much, we all know they are necessary. What sort of pises me off is when we actually have to wait an extra week to watch a filler episode, i mean if they're gonna make us watch them at least have enough decency to release the episodes without interruptions.

RyougaZell
Tue, 05-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Last break of episodes was Golden Week... a Japanese National Holiday. They never air series those days... those that are aired are either not on prime time or were transmited the day after golden week ended (for instance... I believe last sunday did not enter this years Golden Week... so Code Geass was not affected. Although I may be wrong).

Either way... Naruto and Bleach have never aired during 'Golden Week' week.