PDA

View Full Version : New Marvel Lineup Announced Through 2011

SamuraiOdin
Mon, 05-05-2008, 12:27 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080505/20080505005656.html?.v=1

Marvel today updated its feature film slate strategy and plans for the next three years, locking in key release windows for its character franchises. In order to focus its attention on maximizing the success of an Iron Man sequel and the launch of Thor in the summer of 2010 and because Marvel believes that the summer is the optimal time to launch a new property, the Company will not release a self produced film in 2009. Marvel plans to launch its 2010 film slate with the release of the sequel, Iron Man 2, on April 30, 2010, followed by the launch of Thor on June 4, 2010. Additionally, Marvel is planting its feature film stakes for summer 2011 with an Avengers-themed summer – a two-picture project which will debut on May 6, 2011 with The First Avenger: Captain America (working title), followed by The Avengers in July 2011.

Short version:
Iron Man 2 - April 30, 2010
Thor - June 4, 2010
Captain America - May 6, 2011
The Avengers - July 2011

Edit: On a side note, the guy attached to direct Thor is Matthew Vaughn, the same guy who did Stardust.

Munsu
Mon, 05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
No definite plans for Ant-Man? I thought that was coming out at some point this year.

Jessper
Mon, 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM
No definite plans for Ant-Man? I thought that was coming out at some point this year.

IMDB shows 2010.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/

It looks like it has been pushed back a few times though? I dunno if that date is anywhere near accurate.

SamuraiOdin
Mon, 05-05-2008, 05:05 PM
It could just be that they intend to introduce the character of Pym in the Avengers movie, and then if there's enough interest in the character, branch him out into his own line (kind of like Wolverine and X-Men). I think what they're going for is to put up different kinds of heroes to see how audiences react. You have Iron Man with tech powers, Thor with magical/god powers, Hulk as a super scientist kind of deal, and Cap as kind of just a super soldier with the serium. If they introduced Pym so soon after Hulk, it'd just be branching off the scientist angle into a different direction without seeing how the audience reacts to the science-driven superhero.

Munsu
Mon, 05-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Hulk and Captain America were never together in the Avengers right? If that is so, you think the movies will have them both?

Psyke
Wed, 05-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Superherohype also reports that Spider-man 4 is in development, but no names or dates as of yet.

David75
Wed, 05-07-2008, 06:51 AM
These superheroes were part of my chilhood, but not as a every day childlife gameplay.
Rather they were in my list of rare appearances.
I am old enough to have seen the Hulk TV series, rebroadcast of course :D
I had strips of spiderman in TV magazines
I've seen superman movies
I've read of few Captain America comics, IronMan too.

Original Superman movies were nice at the time, they're old now, yet with a nice touch.
I was really anoyed and deceived by the spiderman movies. To me the main character looked older (or maybe I only got strips from further in his life...). I didn't enjoy these movies.

The Hulk never got my interrest. All CG hulk was I think a repellent for me, considering I still have memories of the TV series that weren't topnotch, but a had nice feel to them.

I've not seen IronMan yet, seems that this movie is decent or even better, I may try it. I hope the darker side of this hero is well developed.

Captain America:
I hope they do a great film about it, I don't know why, but I think there's plenty of room for this. Plus Captain America really is a USA flagship, so no mistake can be made in handling that character...