PDA

View Full Version : What made you smile today?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Kirai no Tenshi
Thu, 11-23-2006, 10:37 AM
I come to the forum, to see the following at the top of the page:
Hello Kirai no Tenshi it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
Engaging in conversation requires far too much effort, and anyone with any sense wouldn't attempt any solution I proposed. Which leaves me with asking a question, so here I go:
What is it that makes your life good, at the moment?
Kind of like an inverse Bitching Thread.

Zinobi
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:55 PM
hmm..an inverse bitching thread...
well to answer you...probably food, yes food. i like to eat.

IFHTT
Thu, 11-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Hmm interesting thread coming from Kirai ;o.

Anyways... Playing guitar, video games, and watching anime keeps me content for the time being. Not much to it, but as long as it keeps me entertained I'm fine with it.

dragonrage
Thu, 11-23-2006, 02:18 PM
lets see, something that puts a smile on my face. To name just a few, I would say cycling, walking in the rain ( not when it is cold but when the temperate is above 60 or so), music. Hanging out with someone I actually want to be around, that is always good. And ofcourse animation, no matter what the series there are always instances where I crack a smile, just can't help laugh my ass off, or I get a really good feeling inside.

All these things and alot more is what make me smile.

Nice thread Kirai and quite an interesting time to post it as well.

Animeniax
Thu, 11-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Right now it's Japanese food, Japanese music (Yui rocks), Japanese dramas (Haruka Ayase is a babe), and looking forward to the December holidays where I don't have to do any work or school for 3 weeks straight. I plan to finish Zelda TP, then get a PS2 and finish FFXII and Okami, then drive 1400 miles in my STi through treacherous mountainy areas and see some snow.

Yeah cool thread Kirai, being thankful sure beats bitching some times.

Carnage
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:31 PM
What makes life good:

food, shelter, clothing, and the latest nintendo wii.

Turkish-S
Thu, 11-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Games, food my little brother, and i'm a complete comedy whore. I watch a lot of cabaret and comedy series. In most languages i know.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 11-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Being told you dog doesn't have cancer and that she will live at least four more years.

That made life truly, truly wonderful.

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Well I'd say my wonderful girlfriend and the relationship as a whole, me progressing as a musician and my new black hair with red strokes.

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Food. Games. Friends. Being able to leave work at 7pm.

Lucifus
Thu, 11-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Bitching with some nubs in Counterstrike after owning em, torturing my rabbit, animation no doubt, PSP, and my new really expensive Notebook. South Park completes my life.....:D

RedX1z
Thu, 11-23-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm thankful for everything up until now, for the good and bad, experience is experience. I'm happy for every single thing that I've done up until now, even though I failed to reach my full potential. I may have problems, but who doesn't? Would I trade my life for anyone else? I'll say it, because I feel it's necessary "hell no!".

If it's for something small, Mega Man ZX?

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-24-2006, 03:03 AM
my friends, and knowing there's actually some good overall human beings out there in the universe

Stoopider
Fri, 11-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Yup. Sure. Life's good to me so far. I'm studying in Melbourne Australia, although I'm from Malaysia. At one point in time it wasn't financially viable for me to study overseas, but my parents manage to get enough to send me here in the nick of time.

Though I have to work for all my daily expenses, rent and the rest. But I manage to get a very good job here with good hours. That pays enough for everything.

I got good friends who care and support me and each other all the way through in all circumstances. I guess now I need to graduate and hopefully get a good job.

It could have been worse I guess.

Board of Command
Fri, 11-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Knowing that I'm awesome makes me happy.

Lucifus
Fri, 11-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Um......Namis tits......
And the fact I just got a 32" HDTV LCD 1300 by something.:D

(And seeing Namis tits on my new HDTV LCD. Bow bitchz)

KitKat
Fri, 11-24-2006, 06:37 PM
There are so many awesome things that happen from day to day that I couldn't possible record them all. However, one of the highlights recently has been getting tickets to a Michael Kaeshammer concert for next week. I saw him in concert once before and I was astounded. Michael K is probably the most talented pianist I've ever seen in my life. I think he was a child prodigy, actually. And all the music he plays is just plain fun. This ain't your boring old concert piano. Anyways, I was so happy to get tickets, and I'm looking forward to the concert next week.

Kirai no Tenshi
Mon, 11-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Hmm interesting thread coming from Kirai ;o.
Yeah, I know.
It's kind of like the 76th rule of acquisition:
"Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
Sure, I haven't declared peace, and you're not my enemies (not all of you, anyway;)), but you get the gist.

Nice thread Kirai and quite an interesting time to post it as well.
Probably a really stupid question, but why's it an interesting time?
I'm a little slow on the uptake, today:confused:

Oh, and what makes me smile?
Facial muscles:D
Seriously?
My partner, my cat, and coffee.

Deadfire
Mon, 11-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Knowing I still wake up everyday, for better or worse.

Thats what makes me happy everyday

Thi3f

Bucket
I have quite a bit of money.

SK
Mon, 11-27-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure at the moment.

saman
Mon, 11-27-2006, 04:04 PM
i've gotten kickass marks in my classes this semester, which are a week away from ending, and i finally have enough money to pay my fees (albeit four months late ^_^; )

Assertn
Mon, 11-27-2006, 07:00 PM
this pretty much sums it up:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=14026

Spiegel
Mon, 11-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Lets see, My football season is over so it kinda makes me sad but at the same time overjoyed, NO MORE 5-MAN SLED........ i hate that thing, But yeah i am happy for that and its a wonderful life because of Cheese.... yes i love cheese.

-Spiegel

ChaosK
Mon, 11-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I found $147 today!

Bucket
Mon, 11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Found or un-lost?

Board of Command
Mon, 11-27-2006, 09:08 PM
I received a $5 Tim Hortons coupon today that I ordered about a month ago.

dragonrage
Mon, 11-27-2006, 09:40 PM
I got to break stuff, there is not like swinging around a 20 pound sledgehammer. Sometimes it feels really good just to destroy something, even better I got paid for it. Wasn't even expecting any payment since it was one of my friend's house, and since I think the fact that he considers me a little brother more than anything kinda didn't want to accept it but he insisted so I guess that just mean that I would be buying some extra rounds when we hang out :p .

The best part is that i get to do it all over again Saturday. When we; him and a few other friends, are done with the upstairs apartment it is going to be one sweet chilling pad.

It is fun to destroy but it is even better to create, looking forward to recreating the apartment and adding in the detail. This is going to be sweet and fun.

On a side note, it beats going to the gym which i was planning to do on Saturdays and maybe learn to swim since I love the water and I almost drown a couple of times, I should really learn to swim. But that can wait this seems much more fun and rewarding.

Kirai no Tenshi
Tue, 11-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Knowing I still wake up everyday, for better or worse.

Thats what makes me happy everyday
Didn't you forget to mention doing your part for the continued greatness of Mother Russia?

KitKat
Sat, 12-09-2006, 01:39 AM
It snowed this morning as I was walking to work. Not hard icy snow, or annoying slushy snow, but beautiful big fluffy snowflakes that drifted down gently to the ground, turning my ghetto student neighbourhood into a fairytale land of sparkling white. I love snow. When I stand outside with the snow floating down all around me, I know I'm glad to be alive. That, and the fact that my immune system has finally started kicking the ass of this cold virus that's been bothering me. Boo-YA! Go immune system!

itadakimasu
Wed, 06-13-2007, 10:26 AM
This is the opposite of the bitching thread. Got Woot?!? why yes i do !

Yesterday was such a good day. I didn't think it would get much better after I found out that I got the new job I interviewed for on Monday. But while I was at the gym i get a call from the police... They found my stolen car ! WOOOT

So, today i'm going to pick up my car that was stolen which i'm told i will have to bring a flat head screw driver to start it ROFL, and will have to pay around $130 but... owell. Plus, my car that got wrecked will be finished later on today... so i'm going from having no car to having two cars in one day... plus I get to quit my crappy job i've been working the past 3 months that has been taking up my entire friday saturday and sunday. With my new job im going to be getting paid a little more than im making now, working 8-9 less hours and i will have saturday and sunday off like a normal human being. WOOT!

Edit :

Went to pick up the recovered stolen car today, car wouldn't start didn't have enough money with me... goto atm go back... try to jump.. car tries to start... but is out of gas.. goto get gas... come back.. realise that i left important gas can spout attachment in the parking lot while filling the gas can... quickly break a plastic hanger that is in my backseat and shove it in the gas tank to keep the thing open... successfully fill with 1 1/4 gallons gas, car still does not start :( end up having to pay 115 to tow back enar my house. Lesson of the day ??

if one should ever find themself in desperate need of a car and happen to have a flat head screw driver; just look for a 94-97 honda accord and it shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to get it running. i even started up the car next to mine in the impound cause i as bored waiting for the tow truck (with the screw driver i had) ROFL

gr3atfull
Wed, 06-13-2007, 01:57 PM
There is a similar thread to this one.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=14070

Merged! =)

-KitKat

Board of Command
Sat, 06-16-2007, 08:00 PM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8447/capturekd0.png

'Nuff said.

XanBcoo
Sat, 06-16-2007, 08:16 PM
BOC, I already read about this on facebook.

How about some news, huh?

Also, I'm not really sure what AMD is, but Wikipedia indicates that it's probably kinda cool. Congratulations.

Board of Command
Sat, 06-16-2007, 08:33 PM
It's not really AMD. I'll be going to ATI's video card benchmarking department. It's a 4-month placement. In the latter half of the term, I might be working with engineering samples that don't "exist" in the public yet.

:drools:

saman
Sat, 06-16-2007, 11:24 PM
i was supposed to have a day off from work today, so i was planning to sleep in. of course you know what happened: i got a call at 8:50am asking me to come in because someone called in sick. man, was i pissed. i was stomping around at work scowling and repeating "i am very angry at the world" in my head. but then i got to work with a coworker that i really like, and i got off work early and played video games for a bit, and then it was a gorgeous day out, so i went and spent an hour and a half at chapters sitting around and reading books i didn't intend to buy, and then i did buy a book, so in the end it turned out alright. uh, yay!

itadakimasu
Tue, 07-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Finally got financial aid coming in that is going to pay for this fall and spring 2008 semesters :) so excited. This is going to help me out so much since i have been paying for all my classes and books with my own hard earned money.

XanBcoo
Tue, 07-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I just spent the day with my little sister and her best friends. It's always nice to have little kids around to remind you of the good things in life.

Things are also just generally looking up. I think that warrants posting in this thread, for no reason other than "I feel like it".

XanBcoo
Sat, 08-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Today I finally my order from Amazon that I wasn't expecting until a few days from now.

It's a songbook, Standing in the Shadows of Motown, dedicated to the famous Motown bassist James Jamerson. It's pretty awesome since it's got about 40 or so song transcriptions in it, and a CD to go along with it (with the bass part isolated on the left - which is amazingly convenient). Also, the CD is actually recorded by a bunch of other famous bass players, like John Entwistle of The Who, Jack Bruce, and Geddy Lee.

Fucking beautiful.

Iridani
Mon, 08-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Hmm... what makes me happy in life right now... I think I shall revive this a bit :P

Food... videogames... waking up each day (although I get disgruntled from missing out on a good sleep :P) and knowing that there's someone out there who cares about me as much as I do for them.

el_boss
Sat, 11-24-2007, 04:13 AM
I won Rock Band yesterday :D

but I won't get it until it's released in sweden next year :(

XanBcoo
Sat, 12-01-2007, 06:06 AM
You're really missing out el_boss, playing Rock Band was the most fun I've had playing a video game since the first Guitar Hero came out. Brilliant.

Tonight, I just came back from a really good party. Probably what I consider to be the first party I've had fun at since I've been in college. Really funny and interesting people, and got totally chilled once a lot of people left. The music consisted of stuff like the Rolling Stones, Marvin Gaye, Funkadelic, and Daft Punk, instead of the usual flavor-of-the-month rap that makes my ears bleed. Fucking Soulja Boy.

What I enjoyed most of all was the fact that people were drunk, but still managed to act like decent people, instead of overplaying it. No "HAY I'M DRUNK LESS PLAY BEER PONG, WOOOOOO!" bullshit. So yeah, I'm happy right now.

Edit: Also, I'm seeing the Blue Man Group tomorrow. That will be interesting, if nothing else.

saman
Wed, 12-12-2007, 12:29 PM
i got the graphire bluetooth tablet i ordered off of ebay today. this makes me very happy. now just gotta go buy a bluetooth adapter...

Mr Squiggles
Wed, 12-12-2007, 03:18 PM
The last day of classes of the semester was yesterday; I am now free till January 7th. Finally I have time to do all the things I wanted to do but couldn't because of overwhelming schoolwork. Freedom!

Assertn
Wed, 12-12-2007, 04:21 PM
The market is at discount levels, housing is depreciating, and my income will more than double after the holidays end.

Next few years should be interesting.

itadakimasu
Fri, 12-21-2007, 09:48 AM
I want this 42'' Dell plasma.... I made some extra money yesterday and now am giving it more serious consideration, I dont expect somebody else to buy me an $800 tv.

Going to be moving in the next 2 weeks and it would make a great start to my first apartment / condo.

Archangel
Mon, 04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
i created this thread essentially for some karmic balance. The bitching thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=12398) is too negative, use this one to post about the good stuff that happened to you.

Well today was a good day for me:

- I got a good grade on my physics exam, yes the one that i was sure i would fail

- i got some extra cash from my parents

- A girl i kind of like smiled at me ( lol omg this is such a nerdy reason to be happy :P )

Essentially i'm a happy guy today, i'm even looking forward to your neg reps saying that this thread is spam and that i post too much and bla bla...

Peace out :D

python862
Mon, 04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Can you think of anything without creating a new thread for it? STOP IT.

Edit: So I don't get called off topic:

I scored 100% on a US history quiz. Yay me.

rockmanj
Mon, 04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Thinking about how my friend accidentally stabbed himself in the leg last Saturday.

Animeniax
Mon, 04-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Was it a shanking or a steak knife accident kind of stabbing?

I smiled today because even though I'm coming down with flu-like symptoms, I still managed to finish a lot of work and tidied everything up before taking the next couple days off for sick leave.

rockmanj
Mon, 04-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Was it a shanking or a steak knife accident kind of stabbing?

I smiled today because even though I'm coming down with flu-like symptoms, I still managed to finish a lot of work and tidied everything up before taking the next couple days off for sick leave.

He was playing with a switchblade, and dropped it into his shin. We actually didn't know what happened until he had walked away, and there was a huge pool of blood on the floor where he was standing.

Sapphire
Mon, 04-28-2008, 04:31 PM
I couldn't stop laughing during the Calculus review today. I'm just so easily amused.

My old Spanish teacher gave me six free caramel/belgian chocolate bars. <33

I get to read an awesome series starting.... now!!

Board of Command
Mon, 04-28-2008, 04:31 PM
I passed a course that I was sure I'd fail. I guess they bell curved it big time.

XanBcoo
Mon, 04-28-2008, 05:52 PM
i created this thread essentially for some karmic balance. The bitching thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=12398) is too negative, use this one to post about the good stuff that happened to you.
We already had a thread for that, but I won't hold it against you since it had a weird name and no one had posted in it for a while. Anyway, I've merged the two.

It wasn't today, but a few weeks ago this black girl talking to one of her friends really made me laugh when I overheard something she said. Then they started laughing because they saw me laughing and the girl said it was the best part of her day to make a stranger laugh. The whole thing was really :) and has just stuck with me since it happened.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Didn't happen today, but the rain here today reminded me of it.

I was following a cement truck on my way to work, going about 45 mph, and there was a hitchhiker on the side of the road. He's got his thumb out, and looking at me and the cars behind me. The cement truck blasts past him, blowing his hat right off his head like in an old silent film or a Three Stooges show, revealing a balding head. Slapstick movie stuff.

He didn't seem pissed or anything, picked it right back up after we all passed, but it totally made my day.

complich8
Mon, 04-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Not so much today, but yesterday I smiled (and just about had a heart attack) because I managed to beat Jordan on expert in Guitar Hero 2.

Also, this year is turning out to be pretty great for gaming as a whole.

XanBcoo
Mon, 04-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Not so much today, but yesterday I smiled (and just about had a heart attack) because I managed to beat Jordan on expert in Guitar Hero 2.
I can barely finish the solo even on hard mode. Color me impressed. I know it can be done, I just still have trouble believing it.

Zachiru-Hirosaki
Tue, 04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
What made me smile today pfff The graphics and the awesome gameplay of GTA IV and that i have bought today a new garphics card>Nvidea Gforce 7950 GT for my Laptop:D crazy graphics!!

Archangel
Tue, 04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Today:

- I totally aced my math exam :D

- 2 friends of my presented theit project on class and they were so stoned they just laughed the whole time, it was hilarious XD

KrayZ33
Tue, 04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
i have bought today a new garphics card>Nvidea Gforce 7950 GT for my Laptop:D crazy graphics!!

they still produce that thing? hmmm how much MB does it have?

when my 7900GT got owned by the heat, I sent it to Nvidea and they gave me one of the 8000 series because they don't have the old model lol

- I totally aced my math exam

weren't you the one who cried "*wooooboo* I have an exam in 2 days and I know nothing"

I hate those people who say they don't learn or know nothing but get like 90%... it's so obvious they are lying. *grrrr*

python862
Tue, 04-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Ugh, I need to get my comp back up and running. And let me tell you what, all of these cards simply own my ATI Radeon x1900. Although it was pretty good for the price I got it for.

Today, I suppose it was the fact that I got to stay home from school. The bad part about that was that it was caused by a particularly bad asthma attack. Damned pollen!

Eurasian
Tue, 04-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Today, I suppose it was the fact that I got to stay home from school. The bad part about that was that it was caused by a particularly bad asthma attack. Damned pollen!
Did that really made you smile today though????

Sapphire
Tue, 04-29-2008, 04:48 PM
On the weekend I went to go work the Bingo booth at a festival in the elementary school. It was pretty intense, they gave out like 2 thousand dollars worth of stuff. I, ahem, liberated some tickets from the Bingo bag and went to the multicultural room because I heard they were giving out some cakes during a Cakewalk. It's basically like musical chairs, you walk around and stand on a shape on the ground, and then if your shape gets drawn you get an entire freaking cake. Next to me was a cute melancholic girl singing softly to herself. She sang better than me! Apparently she was there for like five rounds, and got nothing. I got an entire tray of brownies my first try. I was going to get greedy and go some more rounds, but I handed her dad the rest of my stolen tickets and went to go get my prize. When I turned around I saw the small cute girl and retrieved a hug. I wanted to cry! I left and tried to eat the brownies but they were nasty. All around a good day. :D

KitKat
Tue, 04-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Incidentally Xan, you could have also merged this with the 'It's a Wonderful Life' thread. I'd completely forgotten about the existence of this one.

My cats never fail to make me smile, especially now since I see them so seldom - only when I come home on holidays and visits. Today my orange cat Creeper (who some of you may remember featured in a gotwoot photoshop game, quite a while ago) was following me around everywhere and jumping in and out of cupboards and tables, wherever I happened to be looking. Any other times he'd flop down on the floor at my feet, and roll around with his paws in the air, looking for unwary airborne feet to attack. What a goof.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-30-2008, 08:05 AM
My brother. But I guess this happens on most days.We get along really well, and enjoy each other's company, (except when he goes through my stuff or something, then I'll be really angry for a few hours) Pretty much just the funny moments that we have and the stuff he says.

I wonder what sibling relationships are like in other families? The ones I tend to see in friends and neighbours always seem so cold or shunning, or possibly just mature. Maybe we're just childish.:)

Sapphire
Wed, 04-30-2008, 09:22 AM
I always fight with my brother if I see him, but it's mostly physical fights. I learned to stomp on his foot to win. XD He gives me a lot of advice/helps me with schoolwork, since he's nine years older than me. He always pushes me to do my best. I haven't lived with him in several years, but we visit each other once a year or so. I talk to him on the phone and online a lot, though. The last time I saw him was New Years of last year, and he fed me Indian food, saturated in peanut oil. o.O (He didn't believe that I was actually allergic) I spent the rest of the night throwing up and then he made me sleep on the floor while he watched Star Trek. :D ...That's a brother for you LOL

Zachiru-Hirosaki
Wed, 04-30-2008, 12:18 PM
they still produce that thing? hmmm how much MB does it have?

when my 7900GT got owned by the heat, I sent it to Nvidea and they gave me one of the 8000 series because they don't have the old model lol

weren't you the one who cried "*wooooboo* I have an exam in 2 days and I know nothing"

I hate those people who say they don't learn or know nothing but get like 90%... it's so obvious they are lying. *grrrr*

No im sorry its 7950 GTX 512 Mb:D

XanBcoo
Wed, 04-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Incidentally Xan, you could have also merged this with the 'It's a Wonderful Life' thread. I'd completely forgotten about the existence of this one.
I did merge it with the Wonderful Life thread, but I kept the name Archangel used since I liked it better. Took me ages to find "wonderful life" myself when searching for it.

Kirai no Tenshi
Sat, 05-10-2008, 08:52 AM
I smiled, today.
I came here, for no real reason, and found this thread on the second page.
Haunting, dichotomously...

Board of Command
Sun, 05-11-2008, 12:09 AM
I got a Corsair 450VX.

darkshadow
Sun, 05-11-2008, 06:24 AM
wait... kirai is back?

Kirai no Tenshi
Sun, 05-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Miss me?

Oh, and I know what I'm talking about :p
(You know who you are, I don't >.< )

DB_Hunter
Sun, 05-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Manchester United just won the Premier League title... again :).

Now I'm hoping I'll be smiling again after they win the Champions League Final on 21st May.

Animeniax
Sun, 05-11-2008, 02:48 PM
I got a big smile from listening to some YUI music and seeing some episodes of an Ueto Aya j-drama. Plus I watched an episode of Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, which always makes me laugh.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Taking your mother out to eat for Mother's Day, jokingly suggesting that we go to Hooters, only to have her take you up on it because it would be "funny."

...and then to get a tray that says "Happy Mother's Day" in ketchup.

Smiles all around.

XanBcoo
Mon, 05-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh man, I weighed myself today and found out I've gained 7 pounds in the past few weeks. I've still got a long way to go before I'm near my target weight, but it feels so damn good to see results from my efforts. I'm ecstatic :D.

Also I had my last final today. School's over!

Assertn
Mon, 05-12-2008, 04:09 PM
The Post your picture thread today.

Psyke
Mon, 05-12-2008, 09:09 PM
I got a big smile from listening to some YUI music and seeing some episodes of an Ueto Aya j-drama. Plus I watched an episode of Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, which always makes me laugh.

I'm loving Namida Iro, know the lyrics and wish that I can play the guitar. :o

My Nike+ sensor package for the Ipod Nano is arriving today, so that's probably going to make me happy. :)

DB_Hunter
Wed, 05-21-2008, 07:03 PM
UUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTE EEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assertn
Wed, 05-21-2008, 08:14 PM
UUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTE EEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've flown that airline before....i don't recall anything worth smiling about though.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I've flown that airline before....i don't recall anything worth smiling about though.

lol. I take it United won the match then?

Animeniax
Thu, 05-22-2008, 07:10 AM
lol. I take it United won the match then?
The airline price wars are pretty fierce these days, but I wouldn't say United has won anything yet. Delta is in serious trouble, and America Airlines is cutting service and charging $15 for the first checked bag. The battle will continue, and who's to say who will win this match. Or have I gone too far?

I just flew United from DC on one of their domestic flights. The only thing worth smiling about was this chick sitting across the aisle from me. She had possibly the best pair of legs I have seen in a while, maybe ever.

Psyke
Thu, 05-22-2008, 07:36 AM
United has all the luck in the Champions League. I feel bad for John Terry, but he should really have given Chelsea the title.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 05-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Chelsea had a luck on their side when they got through the semi against Liverpool when Riise headed the own goal. You could also say that Lampard was lucky in the final when he scored because Van der Sar slipped right infront of him leaving him with a clean strike on goal. United's goal on the other hand was pure class, with the one-two between Scholes and Brown and then Ronaldo's header which was placed in exactly the right spot.

The fact is Manchester United played more attractive football across the tournament and more importantly, were undefeated this entire season. The last match they lost in the Champions League was to AC Milan last year in the Semi, and AC Milan went on to win the tournament last year anyway.

Archangel
Sat, 05-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Manchester United just won the Premier League title... again :).

Now I'm hoping I'll be smiling again after they win the Champions League Final on 21st May.

Happy smiling then DB

And you can thank Cristiano Ronaldo for that too, that dude sure can play hehe ( Portuguese pride )

Man i felt bad for Terry, he sure was messed up after that. Crying on the middle of the field with millions watching him... dam!

But it serves Chelsea right, getting rid of Mourinho was beyond retarded

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Grunt took the team to the finals, and lost in the penalties, it's as close to the title as you can get. people are badmouthing him far too much, just becuase of that I was hoping he would win (I watched the game until the first goal, and then fell aslepp until the penalties).

as for me, Yesterday i lost my phone on the bus (my brand new phone), but it was found by the driver, so I was able to get it back. which is mighty fine.

Archangel
Fri, 05-30-2008, 02:13 PM
(I watched the game until the first goal, and then fell aslepp until the penalties)

... Seriously ?? Not much of a soccer fan are you lol that game was awesome

itadakimasu
Mon, 06-02-2008, 11:00 AM
2 words: Economic Stimulus.

albeit they only gave me about $500, its close enough to the $600 I was expecting.

Archangel
Mon, 06-02-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm done with exams for the time being so i just can't stop smiling :)

complich8
Mon, 06-02-2008, 07:21 PM
2 words: Economic Stimulus.

albeit they only gave me about $500, its close enough to the $600 I was expecting.

I spent my stimulus check on a bass, two amps (the first one was a bit too big for my room but not too big for the second living room), and a couple accessories. Which made me smile for like a week. Regardless of the validity of the idea that a little kick in the taxes is going to counteract drastic economic issues, it's great from a psychological perspective!

Today I smiled because my manager came in talking about a permanent position offer at my job. And then I got home and legit copies of Crime Slunk Scene and Pepper's Ghost were sitting on my desk. I'm listening to music I've never heard before (Crime Scene Slunk), and smiling because it's pretty damned good!

XanBcoo
Mon, 06-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Pepper's Ghost was the first album by Bucket that I ever listened to and I never went back after that. Then I heard Colma and CSS (which Soothsayer is on, if I recall) and basically fell in love with the dude.

Also what kind of bass did you get Comp?

On a related note, I actually got an effects pedal for my bass yesterday. It's a little awkward to use, but has 40 programmable slots for different sound effects. I've basically just had it stuck on Auto-Wah, and it makes me feel like a rock star.

darkshadow
Mon, 06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
this:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8373/pic0017ac3.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0017ac3.jpg)
and this:
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3151/pic0016bd1.th.jpg (http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0016bd1.jpg)
:3

complich8
Mon, 06-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Got an Ibanez GSR200-FM (trifade burst).

Here's a so-so pic, with the amps. My roommate's Fender Blues Junior is to the left, for comparison.
http://gallery.complich8.net/d/8800-2/Bass+up+in+the+place+01.jpg

The little one lives in my bedroom now ...

And yeah, CSS has Soothsayer on it.

Chiodos
Tue, 06-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Wow, serioysly, I'd smile everyday if I was in your position. Just watch your fingers : )!

Edit: What I meant was... playing to much will cause your fingers to bleed, obviously. If you keep on playing, wounding and let it heal, rins and repeat, it might give very wierd fingers in about a years or so.

But hey, nobody problaby plays the bass that muchy nowdays.

XanBcoo
Tue, 06-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Edit: What I meant was... playing to much will cause your fingers to bleed, obviously. If you keep on playing, wounding and let it heal, rins and repeat, it might give very wierd fingers in about a years or so.

But hey, nobody problaby plays the bass that muchy nowdays.
Everyone gets callouses from playing the guitar, it's a natural part of the learning process. It's worse for beginners, but even experienced players still get callouses after playing for extended periods of time.

Also I don't understand the assumption you're making with that second statement.

KrayZ33
Wed, 06-04-2008, 05:42 AM
this:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8373/pic0017ac3.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0017ac3.jpg)
and this:
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3151/pic0016bd1.th.jpg (http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0016bd1.jpg)

yay its that game with the cool music (someone posted it a while ago)

and to the gundam:

is this thing some kind of model which you have to build and colour first? or is it alrdy a "finished" product which u just put on a table or something.

Or is it a book? I can't tell

BioAlien
Wed, 06-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Or is it a book? I can't tell

That's one big book.

Archangel
Wed, 06-04-2008, 10:53 AM
this:

Cool. Have you play DB: BT3? Is that one better or worse?

darkshadow
Fri, 06-06-2008, 06:22 PM
@kraz33

The gundam is one you build yourself

@archangel

its better then BT3, but i didn't like the budokai series anyway, I hope tenkaichi 4 comes soon.

and for the new thing that made me smile today ;o :
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1219/pic0001mn7.th.jpg (http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0001mn7.jpg)

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-07-2008, 06:24 AM
That's one big book.

Well I thought it's some kind of "Gundam Atlas"

since Gundam has like 241341 million mechs I thought it would be possible to be *that* big ^^

darkshadow
Sat, 06-07-2008, 07:20 AM
My smile was a bit dulled though, since my 360 just went up and DIED, meh guess ill play ninja gaiden 2 next week then, for now back to mass effect :)

itadakimasu
Sat, 06-07-2008, 09:41 AM
360's are pretty cheap on ebay....

i got mine for $300 w\ 2 wireless controllers + GTA 4.... probably about to sell it since i'm stuck on GTA 4 and don't have too much time to use it otherwise.

darkshadow
Sat, 06-07-2008, 10:25 AM
why the f*ck would i buy a new one, when i can just get this fixed for free within a week? <_<

Xrlderek
Fri, 06-13-2008, 02:50 AM
I smiled today when I found out that I won't have to have any exams. A huge relief.

Board of Command
Sat, 06-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Nvidia leaked a triple-SLI Vantage score using GTX280s today. This afternoon, I beat that score using two 4870 X2s. I'm not going to say how much I beat Nvidia's score by. I used the same QX9650 @ 4 GHz, so the only things that differed were the video cards and some motherboard settings.

I'm pretty awesome.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Today I studied two hours before a one-hour exam. University rules say we can't leave in the first half hour, nor the last half hour, so we're stuck in there for the whole exam. I spent the first half hour doing the paper, and the second half hour sleeping. It was awesome. I slept so deep that I missed their ten-minute warning and didn't wake to give my answers a third check. :). Monday's one's gonna be hell though.

Second thing that happened. I was riding the bus home today, and saw a guy rooting a tree. I don't remember if I smiled or frowned.

Edit: didn't realise "root" was Australian English. See the entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_%28disambiguation%29) under "other uses" for explanation.

Archangel
Sat, 06-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Well i went to check my rep and i have 2 green squares now so that kind of made me smile

Also, i've finished reading the Naruto manga and DAM! there's some serious shit going on there

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-15-2008, 12:42 AM
this:
and this:

darkshadow, how may players does multiplayer Burst Limit support? Still limited to player 1 vs player 2, or have you have more now? like 2vs2?

darkshadow
Sun, 06-15-2008, 06:59 AM
1 vs.1, thats all.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Okay, thanks for that. I'm just thinking, even if the PS3 can support 7 controllers, is there much point in getting more than 2. Perhaps 3, using the sixaxis as a spare and playing with two Dualshock 3s.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-15-2008, 09:42 AM
No, aside from some sports games ( pro evo, virtua tennis) and some fps ( resistance), ps3 has no 2+ offline player games.
Pretty much the same for 360, but 360 also has a 4 player fighting game (doa4)

XanBcoo
Sun, 06-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Driving around the city with my best friend today. We stop at a light and he absent-mindedly accelerates when he sees the cars to his side start to move, but didn't notice that the guy in front of him was still stationary. Stopped in time to avoid anything serious, but he still bumped into the back of the guy's car.

So we drive around the corner, and they both get out. This guy is our age, has a curly afro and white sunglasses. They both apologize to one another profusely and see that there's absolutely no damage done. Then the guy goes "Hey man, God loves us or something" and emphatically high fives my friend as they both turn to get back in their cars.

I am absolutely certain I will never see that happen again.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Ha. That's awesome. It really is.

Archangel
Mon, 06-16-2008, 05:06 AM
XD Did that make you smile or did you just burst out laughing Xan?

darkshadow
Mon, 06-16-2008, 07:46 AM
My 360 came back today, that means it only took ms 6 days in total to fix it, plus they added a month of free live =]

Psyke
Mon, 06-16-2008, 10:24 PM
I am absolutely certain I will never see that happen again.

That ain't never ever gonna happen in Singapore. The front car driver will threaten to sue and demand for compensation, while the other will try to push the blame else where. All this will happen on the road, causing traffic congestion......

XanBcoo
Thu, 06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Well damn, after a really shitty week, I finally have some things to smile about.

1. I just got hired at Pappasitos for the summer. Yay money.

2. I have to make a difficult choice about tomorrow evening. I can either have coffee with one girl, or see a movie with another.

3. I'm sore as shit from starting a new workout routine. It's brilliant.

Edit: Shortened to make this less live-journaly. I'm just in a good mood.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-20-2008, 02:12 AM
Exams finished. Celebrated with steak. :)

Eurasian
Fri, 06-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Exams finished. Celebrated with steak. :)
STEAK! Definitely worth smiling about!! Oh and the finished exams too =P

Animeniax
Fri, 06-20-2008, 02:29 AM
@Xan: At this point in your degree program, shouldn't you try to find a job that's more in your field? Though I must say, Pappasitos could be a blast. Do you get discounts on the food? I've always heard there's a lot of extracurricular mingling among the wait staff at places like that.

2. depends on the movie

@Buffalobiian: do you know if you passed them all or not? That steak dinner might be premature if not.

XanBcoo
Fri, 06-20-2008, 03:08 AM
@Xan: At this point in your degree program, shouldn't you try to find a job that's more in your field? Though I must say, Pappasitos could be a blast. Do you get discounts on the food? I've always heard there's a lot of extracurricular mingling among the wait staff at places like that.
Yes, I probably should be, but I didn't start looking until early June, so I'm taking what I can get at this point.

And yes, Pappasitos seems like it'd be a fun place to work, seeing as how a bunch of the people there are around my age.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-20-2008, 03:19 AM
@Buffalobiian: do you know if you passed them all or not? That steak dinner might be premature if not.

Yeah, I know. One of them was really close as well. But I thought we'd do this for finishing them, chill out for two weeks, and freak out the day results come out. There's two that I owned, two that were alright, and one that's pretty iffy. If we all pass, we could celebrate again, perhaps in a more wallet-friendly manner.

I should really find a job that relates to my profession too. But until then, I'll stay at my pizza joint and rack up whatever pay and experience it gives.

Congrats Xan and Eurasian.

Animeniax
Fri, 06-20-2008, 04:53 AM
Congrats Xan and Eurasian.
Eurasian was congratulating you for finishing your exams. She has a long way to go yet.

python862
Fri, 06-20-2008, 06:25 AM
I've been smiling for the past two days. For one, it's exam week, which means I get about 150 easy questions done in about half an hour, with two exams per day. It also means that I have two hours to do absolutely nothing. Third best thing about it is that I get out early.

Though the main reason I'm smiling today is because both of today's exams are being held in computer labs. Awesome.

Edit: And now I'm smiling because I'm completely finished with all of my exams.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-20-2008, 06:39 AM
Eurasian was congratulating you for finishing your exams. She has a long way to go yet.

In that case, I'll rephrase that as Good Luck!!

I'm let off early, but I'll be back in Semester 2 in 4 weeks or so. You guys'll have till September.

saman
Fri, 06-20-2008, 12:10 PM
i'm smiling because the government finally sent me my tax refund, after two months of submission. some serious shopping is in order!

okay, not really, because i have to pay off my visa and then save the rest, but still, yay monies!

Eurasian
Fri, 06-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I have a long way to go?? And you know this how?

python862
Fri, 06-20-2008, 02:57 PM
He is all-seeing.

darkshadow
Fri, 06-20-2008, 05:44 PM
This little thing ;o

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5819/pic0010mh7.th.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0010mh7.jpg)

Animeniax
Sat, 06-21-2008, 08:55 AM
This made me laugh more than smile:

Mio's Knight Rider GPS speaks with the voice of KITT (http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/20/mios-knight-rider-gps-speaks-with-the-voice-of-kitt-were-in/)

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-22-2008, 01:33 PM
The new Opeth CD. I haven't been this happy, in years probably.

darkshadow
Tue, 06-24-2008, 01:44 PM
this:
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5071/pic0012jb0.th.jpg (http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0012jb0.jpg)

if you dont notice, its mgs4 on the ps3 i bought today ;o

Eurasian
Tue, 06-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Omg...your upper shelf is exploding!!

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
this:
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5071/pic0012jb0.th.jpg (http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0012jb0.jpg)

if you dont notice, its mgs4 on the ps3 i bought today ;o

Nice..very nice. Can you display higher resolutions than SD onto that monitor?

Board of Command
Tue, 06-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Some high end CRTs can display up to 2056x1542.

darkshadow
Tue, 06-24-2008, 07:37 PM
why wouldn't I be able to, monitors have been "hd" for ages you know >_>, that monitor supports up to 1920x1080@85hz or 2048x1536@66hz, the one on the right goes up to 1920x1080@33hz or 1680x1050@60hz.

edit: like BOC said.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-24-2008, 07:49 PM
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=ConRoe865PE&s=775
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=AM2NF3-VSTA&s=AM2

OMGWTFBBQROFLMAO!!!!!11

Yeah it's a pretty geeky thing to laugh about. I had a real good chuckle about these two products with a coworker today. :(

darkshadow
Tue, 06-24-2008, 08:17 PM
the only thing i think is funny about them is that they have all those high end support, but with an agp slot.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
It's the chipsets. Conroe on 865 and Phenom on nForce3. It's completely ridiculous how they even got that working. They're not "supposed" to work.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-24-2008, 09:40 PM
I was just wondering how you'd connect that up. HDMI to DVI didnt' pop into my head at that time.

Nevertheless, thanks for the info.

darkshadow
Wed, 06-25-2008, 05:48 AM
I don't use hdmi or dvi... digital cables actually have less bandwidth then analog cables you know...
Atm i just use component for the ps3, but will change that to a vga cable, 360 uses vga too.

Psyke
Wed, 06-25-2008, 06:26 AM
You should really hook up your PS3 to a HDTV. I believe it's pretty cheap nowadays to get one, since in my region they're always on sale in every other PC Fair/show.

darkshadow
Wed, 06-25-2008, 08:15 AM
My monitors are HD enough, plus I sit fairly close to the screen, plus colors and contrast on these beat any LCD/Plasma out there.
I will upgrade my monitors once SED tv's are released.
Buying a HDTV just as a tv would mess up my 5.1 setup aswell, so nah i'll patiently wait, just having a bigger screen doesn't do it for me.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Candy Boy episode 2

Board of Command
Wed, 06-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Candy Boy episode 2
Ditto that.

python862
Thu, 06-26-2008, 03:51 PM
The fact that I've almost gotten a perfect on one of the hardest songs on Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 3 on Newgrounds, and I'm getting ever closer:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2966/scgmdx3almostns5.jpg

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-26-2008, 04:02 PM
In light of the ICANN decision to open top-level domains:
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/062608-board-opens-way-for-new.html

The SNL Dillon Edwards Investments (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7333522659474918080) sketch is cropping up again. Even just reading the web address makes me laugh.

RedX1z
Thu, 06-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Mega Man 9 (http://kotaku.com/5019986/old-school-mega-man-9-coming-to-wiiware)

It's about time.. (http://wii.ign.com/articles/884/884605p1.html) they finally announced it. It's been a long time since we got one.

python862
Fri, 06-27-2008, 01:32 PM
FINALLY! I've done it!
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2724/finallyoo1.th.jpg (http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=finallyoo1.jpg)

Board of Command
Mon, 06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
I made the news!

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/38171/135/

That was my system. The article says it's done by a team from Austin, Texas, but it's actually from Markham, Ontario. I would know.

darkshadow
Mon, 06-30-2008, 06:21 PM
hehe awesome, ill prolly be getting an 4850 next month, very maybe an 4870.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Nice BoC. Same setup that you told us before, or improved?

Board of Command
Mon, 06-30-2008, 08:43 PM
hehe awesome, ill prolly be getting an 4850 next month, very maybe an 4870.
I got my 4850 tonight. I'm currently making a custom BIOS for it that theoretically allows higher overclocks and lower idle temperatures. I can also mod 4870 BIOS the same way. If any of you guys are getting these cards, I can hook you up with some better BIOSes.

Nice BoC. Same setup that you told us before, or improved?
Same system. They decided to release the Extreme score instead of the Performance score.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I know. One of them(exams) was really close as well. But I thought we'd do this for finishing them, chill out for two weeks, and freak out the day results come out. There's two that I owned, two that were alright, and one that's pretty iffy.

Really awesome day for me today. Firstly, results came out today. I didn't think I'd be nervous, but I actually was before I got to bed. Ended up doing really well in four courses, and the one I was worried about, I scraped a pass. I really shouldn't be that happy since on average, my marks have dropped this year, but considering how close I was to failing that last course, I can't help but grin at the fact that my study plan ain't messed up.

Secondly,

If we all pass, we could celebrate again, perhaps in a more wallet-friendly manner.

@below: Hardly "wallet-friendly", but I was going to get it anyway. I'll have to see if I'll survive the next semester with this new temptation around the house. (Pre-ordered DBZ:Burst Limit, comes out tomorrow)

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6578/ps32ce8.jpg

Last but not least, my ISP upgraded my account without notice. They brought out better plans, and for the same price, I can now get 30GB of monthly downloads. In Australia, where internet is expensive and metered, a 50% increase from my 21GB/month means a lot. I was going to bust the limit this month and get shaped to 64kbps, but now I can use it with even more liberty. I love my ISP :D :D :D

It really has been awesome today, so I might even drop down to the newsagent and try my luck with the Lotto..

Off to play DCM4 now while I wait for the MGS1-3 clips to finish. :D

python862
Tue, 07-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Aw man, Buff... and I used to like you! Jk... grats on your pass and the PS3.

Psyke
Wed, 07-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Congrats on your results, Buffalobiian! And you have the exact 3 games I have now. :p

David75
Wed, 07-02-2008, 08:16 AM
I smiled at my wide, like everyday and almost every hour of the day I'm with her.

XanBcoo
Wed, 07-02-2008, 09:00 AM
I smiled at my wide, like everyday and almost every hour of the day I'm with her.
I'm sure you won't be smiling when she hears that you've been calling her wide.

David75
Wed, 07-02-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm sure you won't be smiling when she hears that you've been calling her wide.

that typo (which is often what you deeply think) is showing how wide she is love wise to me :o :o :p :p

Wanded
Wed, 07-02-2008, 04:13 PM
what made me smile today?
emm,myself.
i don't know why but im always smiling for no reason.

Assertn
Wed, 07-02-2008, 10:02 PM
that typo (which is often what you deeply think) is showing how wide she is love wise to me :o :o :p :p
that's what they call in the industry as a Freudian slip ;)

Animeniax
Wed, 07-02-2008, 11:21 PM
emm,myself.
I had a buddy like that in college. He got a lot of sh*t for it in ROTC because he couldn't stop smiling even when the drill sergeant was being serious. It's kind of like how "Pile" was in Full Metal Jacket. We all remember what happened to him, don't we?

itadakimasu
Thu, 07-03-2008, 10:22 AM
I bought 2 60gb ps3's for $250. One doesnt read any disks and the other wouldn't read blue-ray.

I took the one that wouldn't read blue ray apart ... cleaned the laser and now it works perfect ^^. Took me about an hour to take it apart because i had to look online for a video.

Going to see if the other is the same way and is just dirty. This happened to the ps2's when they first came out too. They would just stop reading the disk. I bought my first 2 ps2's for less than $20 each because they didn't work and i just cleaned them and then they worked fine.

Eurasian
Thu, 07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
that's what they call in the industry as a Freudian slip ;)
Assertn and his freakin fancy psychology terms...

emm,myself.
Are you smiling because you are content with your life? Or are you smiling because you love yourself...?

Kraco
Fri, 07-04-2008, 06:37 AM
They didn't quite make it to the last rounds of the Academy Award selection process but buying "quality" movies like these always makes you smile (especially when they are cheap):

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4378/sylvestertallonedz0.jpg

Idealistic
Fri, 07-04-2008, 01:55 PM
I was hungry, and I remember I always wanted to try a P'zone so that gave me a big smile.

Only to find out this crap is overrated which made me frown. I should've just got a sub at subway.

Animeniax
Fri, 07-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Was it the lack of meat and sauce inside that was disappointing? Too much bread too.

@Kraco: did you set up the display with the bullets and shell casings? Or did those come with the movies? The one in the lower right is from a .50 cal, but what is that monster casing off to the right??

Kraco
Fri, 07-04-2008, 02:27 PM
The biggest in the pic is a 23mm AA cannon casing (Iraq should be full of these ones as well). I actually would have had a casing from a 30mm AA cannon as well but I forgot it when setting up the pic because it wasn't in the same place with these smaller ones.

But yeah, those are just some random mementos from my army times. I have an AA training, thus the AA related casings. Posting just a couple of Rambo dvd cases seemed like a boring idea so I thought to spice it up a bit.

Animeniax
Fri, 07-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Nah, those are all used in roadside bombs, so none available for souvenirs.

Your explanation made me smile :) We need more enthusiasm like this. It's in stark contrast to the picture of Sapphire's room from the "post a pic of your room" thread.

itadakimasu
Fri, 07-11-2008, 02:56 PM
i'm not really a sports fan...

but free texas rangers tickets is pretty cool, good seats too.

Jaitne
Tue, 07-15-2008, 03:39 PM
What made me smile?

I just saw the God of War III teaser trailer!!

Smile for me, baby (http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/886158/god-of-war-iii/videos/gow3_trailer_e308.html)

IFHTT
Tue, 07-15-2008, 05:24 PM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=389269&postcount=1

Jaitne
Wed, 07-16-2008, 08:57 PM
I get to be in a kimono fashion show on Saturday! All because some people dropped out >.>

Kraco
Thu, 07-17-2008, 02:28 AM
I demand photos for the betterment of Gotwoot!

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Just quit the job I had at Pappasito's tonight. I had only planned to stay there until early August anyway, but I should have left sooner. Although I loved and will miss all the people I met there and had a lot of fun, it was also damn hard work and was starting to cut into my social life. I'm glad to have earned money though.

Animeniax
Mon, 08-04-2008, 12:27 AM
How long did you work there? Something like 3 months right? Ahh, how I miss summer job season.

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Not even. I started mid-June, so it's only been a month + several weeks. Admittedly not very long, but I spent a good chunk of this summer actually looking for a job, so I just got started too late.

You're right though, it is something I will look back on fondly when I'm older. Good times.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 08-04-2008, 08:52 AM
They didn't quite make it to the last rounds of the Academy Award selection process but buying "quality" movies like these always makes you smile (especially when they are cheap):

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4378/sylvestertallonedz0.jpg

Holy cow Rambo is out on DVD? Your post made me smile xD. *heads of to Virgin Megastore*

Psyke
Mon, 08-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Added new stuff to my Kamen Rider Head display collection today. :)

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/56/img0246gp0.jpg

Animeniax
Mon, 08-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Hahah wow you really love that Kamen Rider series, eh Psyke. I can only imagine that the Japanese version of shows like this are better than what we got in the states (Power Rangers).

I saw the first episode of The Office (US version) today. Some really funny stuff, can't wait to see the next episode. I've also just finished the first season of Arrested Development. That series had me cracking up. Great sitcom writing always makes me smile.

Psyke
Mon, 08-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Hahah wow you really love that Kamen Rider series, eh Psyke. I can only imagine that the Japanese version of shows like this are better than what we got in the states (Power Rangers).

Oh definitely. I can't stand Power Rangers too. Kamen Rider and Super Sentai feels more like you're watching live anime. Good plot and songs most of the time too. The recently released movie Kamen Rider: The Next (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dMtUD1Anqks) DVD even has brief nudity in it, so you know it's not for kids....

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/56/img0246gp0.jpg
This picture creeps me right the heck out. Makes you seem like some sort of alien headhunter, reminiscent of Predator.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-31-2008, 01:12 AM
I looked back at the shots I took for the photo contest, and made me style. Busy days at uni had made me neglect the wildlife it had to offer.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5570/p8250064jx6.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7867/p8250065ov3.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3169/p8250066mk8.jpg

Believe it or not, Mother Duck was posing professionally when it noticed me taking its picture. It was quite the duck until it found out I wasn't particularly good at taking pictures. :p

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-31-2008, 02:52 AM
Oh man those ducklings :o.

Something makes me worry that they probably get stepped on a lot by busy students. Ducklings have a habit of getting squashed pretty easily.

I've been smiling this week because all my efforts for weight-gain have been paying off. Shows that it's really just a matter of determination. I started the summer in May at 145 pounds and by several weeks ago in August I was 156 pounds. Wednesday I was 158.

It's feeling great to be moving away from a "skinny white guy" label, even if it's just in small increments.

Psyke
Sun, 08-31-2008, 06:45 AM
I just came back from the Nike+ Human Race 10k. Pretty cool, being one of 11k participants in my country taking part along with people all over the world on the same day. 10km was pretty short, considering I just completed a half marathon last weekend. :p

Assertn
Sun, 08-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Pictures of my new car :D

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/1631/photoai5.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1041/photo2tt5.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9982/photo3wk0.jpg

Death BOO Z
Sun, 08-31-2008, 04:25 PM
the radio and the speedometer are combined?

Assertn
Sun, 08-31-2008, 04:39 PM
the radio and the speedometer are combined?
Well, sorta....

The interface below the speedometer handles other stuff besides just music, such as bluetooth control over my cell phone. The separate navigation package occupies even more space on the speedometer and adds a screen in the middle for the GPS and such.

It's not something I haven't seen in other cars...except usually the whole thing sits behind the wheel, and not in the middle.

Kraco
Sun, 08-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Good waxing. Shines nicely in the sun.

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-31-2008, 05:20 PM
I someday hope to own a red Mini.

They're like Clown Cars if Clown Cars were completely awesome.

Animeniax
Sun, 08-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Your next major purchase should be some nice rims and low-profile tires, then some tint.

Claire
Fri, 09-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I watched my first pornographic video today with this guy I am together with. That made me smile! He wanted me to watch hentai with him too but I'm still unsure. Should I? :c

Death BOO Z
Fri, 09-05-2008, 08:13 PM
he needs to get a girlfriend...

wait a second.. he has a you, and he still wants to watch hentai? dude has issues.

he should have never admitted that he knows what hentai is...

Claire
Fri, 09-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Ahhahaa so true! It made me smile but to be honest I'd much rather actually be doing something with a guy than watching it c;

Assertn
Sun, 09-07-2008, 12:21 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000UN914I/ref=pd_luc_mri?tag=slickdeals&_encoding=UTF8&m=A1CRGCHVE1KM1G&v=glance

Last night this TV was going for $38 each (brand new).
Me and my two roommates bought one each. :)

Animeniax
Sun, 09-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Ahhahaa so true! It made me smile but to be honest I'd much rather actually be doing something with a guy than watching it c;
Like playing checkers? Checkers is fun.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...1KM1G&v=glance

Last night this TV was going for $38 each (brand new).
Me and my two roommates bought one each. Will they honor the price and send them? Has your cc been charged yet?

darkshadow
Wed, 09-10-2008, 08:21 PM
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8867/pic0028mv7.th.jpg (http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0028mv7.jpg)http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1971/pic0026ro9.th.jpg (http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0026ro9.jpg)

Finally got an LCD, even though i can't stand em, but its a TV so im happy how i can hook up everything to it right away, plus after some extensive tweaking the picture quality is really good. ( still doesn't match the 17" though )

:]

XanBcoo
Tue, 09-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Not necessarily today, but I've been smiling a lot recently. A lot of things in my life are starting to fall into place.

I just hit 165 lbs. yesterday, a full 20 pounds heavier than I was 5 months ago. My goal for the end of the semester is 170. Next year 180. Ultimately 200 lbs. is what I hope to get up to.

One of my new roommates this year is a really great musician, and I've spent the past 2 weeks jamming with him and actually writing a few songs. That's something I've never done. It feels great to have someone else to play music with.

I also just recently got into a relationship with a girl I had been interested in. So yeah, it goes without saying that that's pretty great and I'm having a lot of fun. I also finally decided to start looking into law school.

It's the small accomplishments in my life like these that I always feel most proud of. I'm soaring :cool:.

Abdula
Tue, 09-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Thats good news Xan I actually am happy for you and yeah its the small things that matter to me too. Kinda funny that I've never posted in this thread before:o :(

Anyway since I'm already here I guess I should post something. I saw this in the news today, and it made me chuckle. Clay Aiken finally came out of closet and decided to confess that he is gay. I was going to actually quote him but this being GW if I ever posted the words " I am ___" someone would use it against me.

Now for the funny part, not only is that the complete opposite of what he has previously said, if anyone remembers his interview with Diane Sawyer a couple years ago not that anyone should, but he claims it was for the sake of his son. Now the really funny part not only do people think this is news, which I obviously don't since this isn't neither significant or unforeseen, but there are actually some people who were shocked about the news.

I can't believe there are actually people who couldn't figure out that he was gay, thats hilarious.

Kraco
Thu, 09-25-2008, 12:06 PM
After more than a month I suddenly received my scarf from KitKat! I don't know if it came here making a detour via Kuala Lumpur or if this was a usual shipping time, but as my hope waned the positive surprise factor increased, and thus it was a jolly good occasion when I held the packet in my hands.

Other than that, my balcony got windows installed today (not linux, despite Thi3f's insistence), movable and openable naturally, and so I can say today brought two warm things to me.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-01-2008, 07:46 AM
My new power supply arrived.

New PSU -> 2 PCI-E cables -> full power graphics card -> Maxed out resolution + frame rates -> Happy Sniping :D

darkshadow
Sat, 10-11-2008, 02:23 PM
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/94/deconvv2.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deconvv2.jpg)http://img413.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

:D, st33v recommended this to me and so far its pretty awesome.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 10-11-2008, 03:01 PM
My car insurance dropped 15 dollars. It's about time they recognized that I've never been in a wreck.

Assertn
Mon, 10-13-2008, 03:48 PM
My stock portfolio went up about $5k today.
Still in the red overall though.

Animeniax
Mon, 10-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Ha, same here! I was seriously tempted to add more to my portfolio since everything has been down. I just couldn't see when the problem would hit bottom and start going back up, which it hopefully has.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-19-2008, 07:35 AM
I've known that my dad needs reading glasses for about a year. But today was the first time I've actually seen him with them on, hunched over at his desk with a calculator and some bills. He was a much less intimidating presence with glasses.

If I was to describe him, it would be big round panda frowning over foodstuff.:o

Sapphire
Sun, 10-19-2008, 07:41 AM
http://www.hulu.com/collections/126

Moose rap is the best thing I've seen all week!

Abdula
Mon, 10-20-2008, 10:47 PM
You know I watched this on Saturday, and I said to myself that has to be Tina Fey right. No self respecting vice-presidential candidate would do that on National television. So was I ever surprised when I realized it was actually her. But I still stand by what I said, no self respecting vice-presidential candidate would do what she did.

KitKat
Mon, 10-20-2008, 10:57 PM
My mom sent me a picture she took in our back yard when she was out for a walk. I love the vibrant autumn of Ontario. Maybe next year I'll be home for thanksgiving.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/engphysgirl/Oct105.jpg

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Oh wow, I thought for a second that that was actually your back yard, Really looks like a backdrop that someone painted.

Psyke
Tue, 10-21-2008, 12:02 AM
It isn't KitKat's backyard?

KitKat
Tue, 10-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Oh wow, I thought for a second that that was actually your back yard, Really looks like a backdrop that someone painted.
It actually is my back yard. Or rather, my parents' back yard now that I'm away at school. I grew up on a farm in the middle of nowhere, which has it's drawbacks, but definitely is not lacking in scenery.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-21-2008, 01:42 PM
You know I watched this on Saturday, and I said to myself that has to be Tina Fey right. No self respecting vice-presidential candidate would do that on National television. So was I ever surprised when I realized it was actually her. But I still stand by what I said, no self respecting vice-presidential candidate would do what she did.
What are you talking about.... going on SNL? (Obama was on SNL)

Abdula
Tue, 10-21-2008, 01:44 PM
No not SNL. That skit with the rapping. I wonder if she was even listening to what they were saying.

And yes generally speaking, I do have a problem with politicians going on shows like SNL.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 10-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Apparently Palin was supposed to be the rapper but backed out at the last minute. A horrible skit that could have been even more embarrassing for my country.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Seriously? I thought those were just the lines she was supposed to say. I doubt she's stupid enough to EVER agree to saying something SNL tells her to unless it was those generic prompt lines for the skit.

Animeniax
Tue, 10-21-2008, 11:43 PM
I don't think Palin was meant to do the rap in that skit. It was pretty long and would have required a lot of rehearsing and memorization, otherwise she'd have spent the entire time reading the teleprompter and it would have looked even more ridiculous.

I also don't understand why she went on SNL. It's like a dog entering the lion's den. They've done nothing but ridicule her since she was nominated for the VP position.

Board of Command
Wed, 10-22-2008, 12:17 AM
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/7296/parahsailing221oy7.jpg

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Who's Nailin' Paylin? (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/03/nailin-paylin-hustlers-pa_n_131581.html)

Animeniax
Wed, 10-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Who's Nailin' Paylin? (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/03/nailin-paylin-hustlers-pa_n_131581.html)
BWHAHAHAHAHHA! That is too funny. Really takes to task how many people say they want to vote for McCain because Palin is "hot". I've actually heard this older guy say that shit too.

I work for this 45-ish year old guy who reads and writes at a 2nd grade level. He sends me email with no punctuation, shitty grammar, and the vocabulary and sentence structure that would make an ESL student go back to his own country in shame.

So I get an email from him today trying to discipline me and call me out for some nonsense or other. I reply in one long sentence with very little punctuation and multiple subject/verb ambiguities so you can't tell who is who and what's going on where and CC our manager even after he asked me to communicate directly with him if I have an issue with him even though he did it to me first by replying to my email and cc'ing our manager and my subordinate who is the root of the problem anyway. I'm waiting eagerly for his reply with a big smile on my face.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-22-2008, 07:56 AM
My mom sent me a picture she took in our back yard when she was out for a walk. I love the vibrant autumn of Ontario. Maybe next year I'll be home for thanksgiving.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/engphysgirl/Oct105.jpg

Wow, I wish I had a backyard like that. It's interesting how much it contrasts with the Spring scenes we've got at Uni. It's more impressive in real life though.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2370/pa220218lw2.jpg

Sapphire
Wed, 10-22-2008, 08:50 AM
WTF!!!!! So beautiful.... I would love to go to those places.

Psyke
Wed, 10-22-2008, 09:18 AM
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/351/getmediumsizephotoqi2.jpg

Look at what was caught on Singapore roads this morning. Note that he's also in a bus only lane, hence the lack of traffic. Amazing what people do these days. :)

animus
Wed, 10-22-2008, 12:50 PM
That's Psyke!

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 10-22-2008, 01:12 PM
It would be funny if Psyke's wife was sitting behind him on that thing.

Take a rickshaw next time!

darkshadow
Wed, 10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
there are actually quite a few of those little bikes here, dont let their size deceive you, they are pretty fast! >_>
But always funny to see one.

Psyke
Wed, 10-22-2008, 11:24 PM
That's Psyke!

Seriously, I'd love to have one of these bikes too. :D

darkshadow
Sun, 10-26-2008, 02:44 PM
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/9103/pic0013yh5.th.jpg (http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0013yh5.jpg)http://img354.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Now I just need to order the other volumes, too bad the get released so sloooow, vol 4 wont be out till like february <_<

darkshadow
Mon, 10-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Dopplepost >_>
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/553/pic0015cml9.jpg
Yes those games are suprisingly hard to get in this country ( pretty much only one store ), so i'm very happy :D

Xelbair
Tue, 10-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Is there Warriors Orochi 2 on ps3 too?
also i envy your armored core :]

darkshadow
Tue, 10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
suprisingly warriors orochi1 and 2 are not available on ps3, but if your ps3 is backward compatible, you can always get the ( cheaper ) ps2 version.

animus
Tue, 10-28-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm surprised Koei still pumps those games out. Do those games actually sell that well for them to keep making these renditions?

darkshadow
Tue, 10-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Heh sell well? These games sell fantastic and have an equally fantastic userbase. Its like asking if madden sells well >_>, cept the Warriors games are pretty unique in what they do.

animus
Tue, 10-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Really? I haven't played any of those games since Dynasty Warriors 3, though I have played demos on PSN or XBL. I find them too repetitive, and not worth forking out another 60 bucks for each iteration just for a few extra characters and a Siege Mode. I played like the first 5 minutes of Gundam Musou demo and thought, yeah this is just DW with Gundams and Gundam VA's.

darkshadow
Tue, 10-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Well to be honest, dw2-5 are pretty much the same, the games were just getting better.
Then samurai warriors, sw2 was a huge improvement of the overall formula, I can't really go back to dw5 since samurai warriors 2XL, it's just that much better.
Then Gundam Musou and Orochi warriors arrived, both of which are far better then dw5 aswell, since they were based on sw2.
Then DW6, which is pretty much a turning point in the series, cause there is one camp that hates it and one camp that loves it ( like me). It's still employs the same army style battles, but with a complete redesign of the battle system and every character.

So yeah, if the last game you played was DW3, Gundam musou prolly seemed indentical to you from memory, but if you would play em side by side, the differences are quite significant from samurai warriors and onwards.

Oh and the not worth forking over 60 bucks is pretty true, I skipped sw1 and ow1 for those reasons, i also skip the empires type games, though SW2XL, DWG, DW6 and WO2 were really worth it IMO. I'll prolly be getting the upcoming SW3 and DWG2 aswell ;3.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-29-2008, 07:30 AM
iTunes visualiser.

Having not used it for a good 6 months at least, I decided to flick it on on a whim, and was met with a new, improved version with disco balls/planets and glowing lights.

I've always like iTunes visualiser better than WMP simply because it's not locked to a crappy resolution. Now they just improved it with something even more visually pleasing.

By sheer coincidence, I was listening to Macross Frontier OST2, which made it rather appropriate.

Xelbair
Wed, 10-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Oh damn, my ps3 is not backwards compatible - those vers sold out in January this year.

Psyke
Wed, 10-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh damn, my ps3 is not backwards compatible - those vers sold out in January this year.

And that made you smile? :confused:

Assertn
Wed, 10-29-2008, 10:57 AM
iTunes visualiser.

Having not used it for a good 6 months at least, I decided to flick it on on a whim, and was met with a new, improved version with disco balls/planets and glowing lights.

I've always like iTunes visualiser better than WMP simply because it's not locked to a crappy resolution. Now they just improved it with something even more visually pleasing.

By sheer coincidence, I was listening to Macross Frontier OST2, which made it rather appropriate.
Not bad, not bad...I'd have to say the magnetosphere (http://www.barbariangroup.com/software/magnetosphere) visualizer still blows it (by far) out of the water.

Hmm....although....from looking at the barbarian group's site, perhaps that new iTunes visualizer is the one they took from magnetosphere. That sucks, its so much inferior its not even funny :(

Also, for frame of reference, here's some procedurally-generated videos the creator made using his engine:
http://www.flight404.com/_videos/magnetosphere/index.html
http://www.flight404.com/_videos/magnetosphere/whatElseIsThere.html
http://www.flight404.com/_videos/magnetosphere/royksopp.html
http://www.flight404.com/blog/?p=48

Actually here's a place with mirrors for the original version :):
http://gizmodo.com/5048237/how-to-get-the-real-magnetosphere-visualizer-in-itunes

Xelbair
Thu, 10-30-2008, 04:44 PM
I today got a new guitar...electric guitar - Cort EVL-X4!

And that made you smile? :confused:
nah - i was just responding.

back to playing guitar.

KitKat
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm finally able to continue my study of Russian! Woot! My tutor has a background in physics too, so I learned lots of fun words today like 'semiconductor' and 'superconductor'

python862
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:44 PM
What made me smile was the best purchase EVAR: Lava Lamp Speakers.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Ooh, that's neat. How well do the lights match the dynamics of the music? They'd look pretty cool for music, though I'd want an option to turn off the lights if I'm watching a movie. Does it have that option?

python862
Sat, 11-01-2008, 03:21 AM
You can turn down the sensitivity of how loud the sounds have to be to trigger the lights, but that's about it. As for synch, they do very well. I'm enjoying them greatly.

Xelbair
Sat, 11-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Fate\Stay night Heaven's Feel patch was released. awesome.

Assertn
Sat, 11-01-2008, 01:47 PM
What made me smile was the best purchase EVAR: Lava Lamp Speakers.
Is it this?
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Liquid-Lava-Lamp-Loudspeakers-039-Lovely-Light-47379.shtml

python862
Sat, 11-01-2008, 02:53 PM
No. I'll have to post a picture of them sometime soon. They look like the original lava lamps; the only difference is that the 'liquid' inside is molded into one shape, and the lights are threaded through that.

Assertn
Tue, 11-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Sat down to pay some bills online to just now realize that my client direct deposited all the money they owed me like...2 weeks ago. Its pretty nice to randomly log in and notice your checking account has tripled in size :]

Idealistic
Tue, 11-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Recieved a call that my Jury duty was canceled.

WOHOOO!!! No more of that for the rest of my life.