PDA

View Full Version : MKV Video Files

Archangel
Sun, 04-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Is there any way i can get this type of file to play on windows media player? What about real player? I'm looking for other options because i really don't want to download another player to my computer, it's already messed up as it is.

kenren
Sun, 04-27-2008, 10:16 AM
CCCP will definitely work. :)
You can choose not to install the players though, just the codecs will do.
cccp-project.net

Archangel
Sun, 04-27-2008, 10:48 AM
That worked like a charm :D

Thx allot kenren

Edit: Err... i got it to play but i can't see the subtitles :(

Edit2: Fixed it, happy again XD

David75
Sun, 04-27-2008, 01:37 PM
You really should consider switching to Media Player Classic as you can easilly create your own hot keys, use realalternative and quicktime alternative and play anything with it.

it's a bit more for the advanced user when you need to finetune, but at least you can, when other players can't most of the time.
And then, you have only one player for everything.

Zachiru-Hirosaki
Sat, 05-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Is there any way i can get this type of file to play on windows media player? What about real player? I'm looking for other options because i really don't want to download another player to my computer, it's already messed up as it is.

Its because maybe your WMP dont have the codecs to play MKV files so search for codecs:D
Or if you considered and want to download a new player i recommend VLC media player;) its a good player with support for Matroska, and support for most video and audio streams you will find in an MKV file. This means that you most likely will not have to install any extra codecs or filters, depending on what your streams are.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ you can download it here>if you dont want to download codecs:D