PDA

View Full Version : Other forums you post on

Animeniax
Fri, 04-25-2008, 05:01 AM
I have a feeling I'll get in trouble for this, so I checked the rules and didn't find anything saying it was against the rules, so...

What other forums do you all participate in?

I goof around on a forum for hockey fights (www.hockeyfights.com) and one for my favorite musician, YUI (j-pop singer/songwriter).

I know I should spend my time more wisely, but there's nothing wrong with forum-going to expand your horizons.

Kraco
Fri, 04-25-2008, 05:16 AM
A couple of other anime/manga related forums and a couple of game modding related forums.

Animeniax
Fri, 04-25-2008, 05:34 AM
Care to provide links so we can check them out? That's really the point of this thread I think. The last time gotwoot was down, I seriously considered finding something else to do besides browse forums.

Munsu
Fri, 04-25-2008, 06:09 AM
Hmm, advertising for the competition?

David75
Fri, 04-25-2008, 06:37 AM

Only if anime/manga related.

Well, a well know AMG forum, easy to find so no competition link... although it's safe to say AMG isn't a hot topic here eventhough AonE did sub the tv series.

Some science forums, french ones so I guess no one is really interrested.

car related forums, french again

real estate forums, subprime, financial bubles and so on, french again.

I guess that nowadays, except Gotwoot and this amg forum, I go to french only forums. Eventhough my internet life started in english only and I swtiched to french lately only. Mainly because the french content wasn't that advanced till a few years ago.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 04-25-2008, 07:05 AM
None other than this one. I have about 3 posts on ngemu's forums over the last 5 years or so. That's the runner up.

Animeniax
Fri, 04-25-2008, 07:10 AM
See that was what I was concerned about. But since I'm not really here for the anime discussion, I was hoping for suggestions of forums that dealt with other topics that we might be interested in. So what's the ruling on whether or not this is allowed?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-25-2008, 09:03 AM
I lurk around at Whirlpool forums (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum.cfm) when I get excessive free time, or when I run into problems it addresses. In short it's an Australian broadband forum. Topics include discussing ISP issues, plans, bargains, modem/PC hardware review/questions... pretty much anything tied with the term broadband. There are even ISP reps there.

saman
Fri, 04-25-2008, 10:25 AM
mine's in my sig. it's a forum about our lady peace, and it's my home on the interwebz

python862
Fri, 04-25-2008, 05:03 PM
I've made a proboard, but it's only got two members (myself included in that count). Not to sound as if I'm advertising, but anyone is free to join. http://gaminglounger.proboards59.com

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-25-2008, 05:10 PM
I used to participate heavily in a few other anime group's forums, but the groups have all but disbanded (though they probably have). A lot of the older groups are no more.

This is my only home for anime anymore, though I occasionally troll on ANN for attention (the only way to ever get a response there).

Board of Command
Fri, 04-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Redflagdeals
RealGM
NGEmu (PCSX2 section only)
Keznews
Bestek

Gotwoot is the only anime forum I post on.

Abdula
Fri, 04-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Well I used to lurk here and there in a few places that were discussing subjects I was interested in, never really posted much or at all for that matter but ever since I got here GW pretty much comprises the majority of my internet activity, although I rarely spend anytime actually in front of a computer, but once you've had WOOT what else is there.:D

Munsu
Fri, 04-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Redflagdeals
RealGM
Keznews
Bestek

Gotwoot is the only anime forum I post on.
I lurk in RealGM but I don't post, I hate how they don't allow registration from the free-email services like gmail.

XanBcoo
Sat, 04-26-2008, 03:53 AM
mine's in my sig. it's a forum about our lady peace, and it's my home on the interwebz
Did you draw that picture Saman? That's brilliant. I had no idea.

You should post some of your stuff in the Art section.

BioAlien
Sat, 04-26-2008, 05:54 AM
http://solarian-hq.forumactif.com/
Guild forum for Slayersonline.net (Which I stopped playing a while ago, it got boring, too many PK and levelling takes forever)
I'm administrator on that forum, though the forum has pretty much been on artificial respiration for the past 4 months or so... That's to be expected since we are basically a forum made for a Guild and said Guild made for a game that is also dying little by little. So getting new members to keep the guild alive is a hard task. I predict the guild will end before the holiday season 2008, unless a miracle happen. (4 long years finally coming to an end?)

I also visit some other forums like mirrormoon's. Though I'm not registered, I'm just a lurker.

Psyke
Sat, 04-26-2008, 07:14 AM
I used to post on an Ultraman/Tokusatsu site, but not any more. This is the only forum I go to these days.

bagandscalpel
Sat, 04-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Lurker and periodic poster on dustloop.com, although funnily enough, I don't even play much Guilty Gear nowadays. Oh well, Austin thread is always a source of nostalgia for me.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 04-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Only if anime/manga related.

Well, a well know AMG forum, easy to find so no competition link... although it's safe to say AMG isn't a hot topic here eventhough AonE did sub the tv series.

Some science forums, french ones so I guess no one is really interrested.

car related forums, french again

real estate forums, subprime, financial bubles and so on, french again.

I guess that nowadays, except Gotwoot and this amg forum, I go to french only forums. Eventhough my internet life started in english only and I swtiched to french lately only. Mainly because the french content wasn't that advanced till a few years ago.

Actually, I could use a good science forum, in particular, physics and chemistry. Also, a math forum if you know any good ones.

David75
Sat, 04-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Actually, I could use a good science forum, in particular, physics and chemistry. Also, a math forum if you know any good ones.

unfortunately, french only for the one I go to.
I mainly go to the news section which keeps me updated for many science related news.
http://www.futura-sciences.com/

I do think it's possible to find the equivalent in english, or event better.

Archangel
Sat, 04-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I used to post alot on www.animforeum.com but all the guys i was friends with just vanished so i eventually stoped posting there.

Me (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=31949)

KitKat
Sat, 04-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm completely addicted to www.craftster.org. I also spend quite a bit of time on www.ravelry.com and then there's always my Guild Wars alliance forums that I check every day too.

Sandldan
Sat, 04-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Redflagdeals
RealGM
Keznews
Bestek

Im lurking NGEmu's PCSX2 section on a regular basis to check for updates or just read about some compatibility.

The forum where i mainly get my gaming discussions or news are over at the "Other Console/Platform Discussions & Debates" section at teamxbox (http://forum.teamxbox.com/). Ended up staying there even though i dont own an xbox. Thanks to that place having pretty controlled fanboyism, news end up there really fast and the fact that the average idiot poster gets banned directly.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-06-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm trying to learn bits and pieces here and there on doom9, and I've considered starting up an account on AnimeSuki. It doesn't seem to be as close a community as Gotwoot though, so you won't be getting rid of me anytime soon ;)

LaZie
Mon, 10-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I mainly lurk on the GameFAQs message boards and TechPowerUp forums and I only post here. :p

Psyke
Mon, 10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
I read the Tv-nihon forums for discussions on tokusatsu shows, but yet to create an account there yet.