PDA

View Full Version : Request for Review of Transmission Client

insomnic
Thu, 04-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I was hoping that some of the many updates to the Transmission torrent client over the past year or so to make it friendlier to trackers might warrant giving it another look to be removed from the client ban list.

Also it has been set as the default torrent client in Ubuntu 8.04 and is the most common torrent program used on OS X.

It definitely had some issues in the past, but considering some of these changes, I was hoping you could give it another chance.

Thanks for your consideration.

Animeniax
Thu, 04-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow, this spambot is so courteous and respectful. I think you should seriously consider its request.

complich8
Thu, 04-24-2008, 12:39 PM
We've had people beg for transmission to be unbanned for a long time now, and on review, they actually stopped doing the thing that made our old tracker admin ban the client in the first place.

I'm feeling nice lately, so I changed the client ban from all transmission clients to all transmission clients less than 1.0. If you're using pre-1.0 transmission, you still suck and we hate you, but I don't see a reason to be vindictive about things in the distant past.

But yeah, I've unbanned transmission 1.0+.

That's not going to affect the rest of the tracker network, mind you, just our tracker... so don't come crying to us when one of the other EAD trackers still bounces you.

insomnic
Fri, 04-25-2008, 03:04 AM
Transmission before 1.0 was pretty crap and most reasonable people understood why it was regularly banned.
Thank you very much for giving the updated version a chance. I appreciate it.