PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 350

Assertn
Tue, 04-22-2008, 03:16 AM
SD by AnimeSS (http://tracker.anirena.com/details.php?id=6014)

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-22-2008, 02:23 PM
huh?
weren't we still on the break?

Assertn
Tue, 04-22-2008, 02:52 PM
It's already been like, 2 weeks...

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-22-2008, 04:44 PM
I'll watch it later tonight. Left the torrent rolling.
I seriously thought the next episode wouldn't be airing until this weekend. But nevertheless, pleasant surprise. Thanks dude.

I'll add impressions on the ep after watching it.

Assertn
Tue, 04-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Pretty decent ep....there were a few things that I'm looking forward to seeing, that they've managed to cleverly dodge or delay to the next eps...but I'm not too surprised about that.

Once again things felt a little faster paced...there's a lot of jumping around between two prominent scenes and then jumping to flashbacks and stuff, it's a little hectic actually.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Indeed. I liked the episode a lot (especially since I did not see this arc on manga).

Moria already looked ridiculously big... and now Oz?

And I guess Luffy will break the trend of staying asleep for two days that Brook mentioned.

What I did not understand was... if they need the people alive, so the soul doesn't die... why do they not hold them hostage or something? Sea drifting may end leaving them out on the sun...

Raven
Wed, 04-23-2008, 05:27 AM
I guess it would mean there'd be a lot of people to hold hostage.

I wonder if this Oz guy will be all epic and freakish at first, then start acting like an idiotic Luffy, and we'll be all like, "lol", and stuff.

Kraco
Wed, 04-23-2008, 08:16 AM
It's true that some of the zombies have displayed what could be the cores of the personalities of the victims. Like Sanji's zombie protects women, Zoro's wants to fight and cut. So, that's actually a pretty good guess. Luffy's zombie should be a bit idiotic and maybe... hungry?

Speaking of hungriness, that would also be a problem if they held many hostages. Since most of the tenants are zombies, I imagines they don't need that much food over there. While zombies are said to like human flesh (or brains), I don't think they actually need to eat to "live". And the place didn't generally look like any good place to grow food. Besides, prisoners like Zoro and Sanji, not to mention Luffy, would cause no end of trouble.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 04-23-2008, 09:39 AM
There is also the constant danger of strong prisoners banding together and getting their shadows back. In my opinion leaving them to drift in an a cursed sea with next to zero visibility is a much better "imprisonment".

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-23-2008, 10:53 AM
So salt blocks the power of the sea now?

Although, with the scene with Brook and the Surprise Zombies, we didn't actually see him putting salt in any of the zombies mouths.

I'm beginning to wonder if Brook's sword-cane isn't made of Sea Stone.

If it was, that would be awesome.

Also....Oz....sheeeeit.

Assertn
Wed, 04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
So salt blocks the power of the sea now?

Although, with the scene with Brook and the Surprise Zombies, we didn't actually see him putting salt in any of the zombies mouths.

I'm beginning to wonder if Brook's sword-cane isn't made of Sea Stone.

If it was, that would be awesome.

Also....Oz....sheeeeit.
He'd have to make sure that only the blade is made of sea stone, since Brook is also a devil-fruit user, afterall.

I think the salt excuse is a way to combine a supernatural "myth" with a more logical connection to the one piece world. Take it with a grain of salt (lol).

Onineku
Thu, 04-24-2008, 03:17 AM
would that mean that if brooke fell into the sea or was touched by sea stone, he'd die? O.o

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-24-2008, 05:39 AM
He'd have to make sure that only the blade is made of sea stone, since Brook is also a devil-fruit user, afterall.Well, if Smoker can use weapons with Sea Stone, I'm sure Brook is skilled enough to do so also.

would that mean that if brooke fell into the sea or was touched by sea stone, he'd die? O.oHe might, but then he'd probably come back again is soon as the Sea Stone was taken away or he was pulled out of the ocean.