PDA

View Full Version : Psyke's announcement

Psyke
Sat, 04-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Well, I figured if we can each have a birthday thread I might possibly pull this off without having accused of spamming......

Anyway, I'm going to be a father by December this year. Just thought that I'd share this information with the rest of the world, that's all :D

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1851/dscf5787eb4.jpg

Abdula
Sat, 04-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Congratulations Psyke. Best wishes and best of luck to you and your wife. Hope everything goes smoothly and there are no complications. I trust you'll let us know what gender its going to be when you find out or are you one of those people who would rather be surprised.

Board of Command
Sat, 04-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Congrats!! But that probably means you won't ever have time to post anymore when the time comes.

It's a good trade off.

Eurasian
Sat, 04-19-2008, 12:26 AM
OMG!!! That's crazy!! Congratulations!!!!
You and your wife will have a beautiful child!!! I just know it!!
And maybe the baby will come out...posing! =P

Animeniax
Sat, 04-19-2008, 12:28 AM
That's great news, good work man! I hope we can follow the progress on your blog. Hopefully you still have some time to make some posts on gotwoot.

IFHTT
Sat, 04-19-2008, 12:35 AM
That's awesome Psyke!! I'm glad you shared with us, and I hardly see how this could count as spamming. I hope everything goes smoothly!

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-19-2008, 01:00 AM
awsome! firstborn son(/daughter), congrats and stuff.
will you name her rock'n'roll?

Animeniax
Sat, 04-19-2008, 02:10 AM
Do you know if it's a boy or girl, or is that not customary in Singapore to find out before it's born?

If it's a girl, how about Sable (Sean + Mabel). This could be fun: name Psyke's baby. How about a contest with a custom title prize? Any mods up for it?

Munsu
Sat, 04-19-2008, 02:47 AM
He'll probably call the baby Ultraman regardless. Congrats.

Kraco
Sat, 04-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Awesome, congrats!

RedX1z
Sat, 04-19-2008, 04:14 AM
I hope he/she is everything that you hope for.

Congratulations, Psyke!

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-19-2008, 04:53 AM
Congrats Psyke and Wife of Psyke!

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-19-2008, 07:13 AM
Wow. Congrats to both of you. I can only imagine the excitement. Have you looked into baby stuff yet?

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 04-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Congrats man! I predict your child will bring cosplaying to the mainstream and turn it into a multibillion dollar industry before he or she leaves quietly and retreats to a quiet suburb away from it all because all the life has been sucked out of the art by big business...with all his or her fortune xD.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Psyke, ultrasound at the first month already? isn't it a bit early? don't they usually start doing it at the 2nd trimester?
anyways, what's your policy on pre-birth tests?

DB_Hunter
Sat, 04-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Congrats man, happy for you. Make sure your mrs eats healthy.

You can still pig out of course.

Sapphire
Sat, 04-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Awwwwwwwww, congrats!

animus
Sat, 04-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Nice, congrats. Name him/her Masked Rider!

XanBcoo
Sat, 04-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Wow, that's so cool Pyske! You must be so excited.

Just think, in a little over a year we'll have cheesy pictures of Pyske, his wife, and they're new baby. Congratulations again.

Kraco
Sat, 04-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Just think, in a little over a year we'll have cheesy pictures of Pyske, his wife, and they're new baby. Congratulations again.

I bet the baby can make the V sign for the photo as well only a couple of months after the birth. Must be in the genes.

Assertn
Sat, 04-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I was wondering if you were ever going to have kids, Psyke.
Then when I saw this thread I thought maybe your announcement was going to be that you're leaving GW :(

This is definitely better news, though. congrats

Archangel
Sat, 04-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Gratz dude, and make sure to tell your wife to give birth at least a week before or after Christmas so people won't just give him 1 present

Yep, that should be your top priority :D

NM
Sat, 04-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Congratulations to you Psyke!!! Must be a really exciting moment for you and your wife. Let us know how everything works out! :)

And does this mean that we're your child's online aunts and uncles? :p

TheBladeChild
Sat, 04-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Congratulations to you Psyke!!! Must be a really exciting moment for you and your wife. Let us know how everything works out! :)

And does this mean that we're your child's online aunts and uncles? :p

Lol what about online God-fathers/mothers?

Anyway grats dude, hope you come up with a interesting name for your new son/daughter.

Assassin
Sat, 04-19-2008, 06:53 PM
holy jebus! congratz to you and the missus dude! hope you guys have a very healthy, very happy baby boy/girl.

Its hard to believe...GotWoots first baby (as far as we know). I expect you to make a "Psyke Jr" account in december...even if it wont be used for a few years :p.

Keep us updated dude

Yukimura
Sat, 04-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Come on now, we can't ignore joker-kun's baby. Anyway congrats Psyke, may your child be healthy and strong, so that he or she may wear those costumes with pride.

saman
Sat, 04-19-2008, 07:22 PM
that's seriously awesome news, psyke! congratulations to you and your wife :)

complich8
Sat, 04-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Congrats, Psyke! I'm very happy for you!

KitKat
Sat, 04-19-2008, 09:20 PM
What wonderful news! I want to be Auntie KitKat! *starts planning ultraman-themed baby knitting projects*

I hope that Mabel and the baby both stay healthy and happy until your little one gets to meet the world. Congrats you two!

Munsu
Sat, 04-19-2008, 09:35 PM
holy jebus! congratz to you and the missus dude! hope you guys have a very healthy, very happy baby boy/girl.

Its hard to believe...GotWoots first baby (as far as we know). I expect you to make a "Psyke Jr" account in december...even if it wont be used for a few years :p.

Keep us updated dude
I'm pretty sure Foomanchew had one since being a member of GW, and we can't forget Joker-kun's. So, let's be clear... we're talking about baby's being born with married parents.

Carnage
Sat, 04-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Congrats and good luck!

Terracosmo
Sat, 04-19-2008, 10:41 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Name him/her after me. Gender is not an issue.

TwisT
Sun, 04-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Congrats to you and your wife. It's nice to hear since i have no doubt that you will both be the greatest of parents. I wish all three of you the best of luck.

Animeniax
Sun, 04-20-2008, 12:50 AM
I was wondering if you were ever going to have kids, Psyke.
Then when I saw this thread I thought maybe your announcement was going to be that you're leaving GW :(

This is definitely better news, though. congrats
Weird, that was my first reaction too, that Psyke was announcing his retirement from the forums. I guess we're both sort of glass-half-empty kind of people.

We're going to get some awesome chibi-cosplay pictures in the near future, starring Psyke's kid.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-20-2008, 01:12 AM
Wow... Congrats man! Excellent news!

(PS: even Terra came back o_O)

kAi
Sun, 04-20-2008, 01:32 AM
This is great news, can't call this spam.

I hope everything goes well and there are no complications.
Congratulations.

Kai Ultraman

Sounds like a good name.

docdan63
Sun, 04-20-2008, 02:39 AM
Many congrats Psyke. I hope you and your wife have a wonderful new life with your child. May it be healthy and make both your lives more full filling.

Psyke
Sun, 04-20-2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks people! All your posts really made me and my wife happy to be part of the forum.

I'm definately not retiring from the forum. In fact, I'm here everyday, and I even read the flame pit threads from time to time. It's just that sometimes I'm too lazy to read through lengthly topics or have nothing to post, since I'm only watching a few series. In short, I'm not going anywhere and will be glad to remain an active member.

Name for my kid? I have a few names in mind, but nothing concrete. As much as I might want to name the him/her after Terra, my wife might murder me first. Haha... And Kai actually is the name of a Ultraman host (Ultraman Powered)..... Will keep you guys updated on the gender when the time arrives.

Again, thank you all for your kind wishes, and I'll definately keep you guys updated as time passes. I'm really excited, but also nervous at the same time. Hoping everything goes well! :p

rockmanj
Sun, 04-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Congrats! I hope the pregnany goes well for you all. (who knows, maybe the next ultrasound, the baby will make a V)^^.

complich8
Sun, 04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
I, too, am interested in the "Baby's first V-sign pic" occurrence. Maybe we should start a pool ...

Munsu
Sun, 04-20-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm hoping for the middle finger first. The "fuck you" sign has always been a personal favorite of mine.

Animeniax
Mon, 04-21-2008, 08:03 AM
You should name it Kamen since you really like the series. That way it won't matter if it's a boy or a girl. Plus, he/she would be "Kamen Goh". Come and go... like Terra.

Psyke, any plans to train your child in martial arts and prepare it for ultimate fighting? Or any particular direction in life?

Psyke
Mon, 04-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Haha, Kamen actually masked, so it might not be such a good idea.....

I'd definately get my kid trained in some martial arts, since I've gone through the same at a young age too. Good way to to instill discipline too.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 04-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Oooooh! oooooh! Might I suggest wing chun? I'm so partial to it I just had to mention it. One of their drills, called the chi sao, actually makes you a better person as you improve at it. It's so frustrating at times, and you cannot improve if you remain frustrated, therefore, if you've improved, you've learned to master your emotions enough to do so. Since it's a central drill to training no matter how long you've been at it, the kid would be awesome. You'd have a little sage running around your home blurting out random Confucian bits of wisdom xD.

Psyke
Mon, 04-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Oooooh! oooooh! Might I suggest wing chun? I'm so partial to it I just had to mention it. One of their drills, called the chi sao, actually makes you a better person as you improve at it. It's so frustrating at times, and you cannot improve if you remain frustrated, therefore, if you've improved, you've learned to master your emotions enough to do so. Since it's a central drill to training no matter how long you've been at it, the kid would be awesome. You'd have a little sage running around your home blurting out random Confucian bits of wisdom xD.

Frankly, I'd rather my kid run around the house doing Ultraman beams or doing random kamen rider henshin poses. :p

I took Taekwondo as a kid, so I might be inclined to go that way, although I've lost my only trophy from a tournament over a decade ago........ But well it's too early to plan about that.....

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 04-21-2008, 09:16 AM
lol! You're going to be a loving father indeed. This kid is blessed xD.

Animeniax
Mon, 04-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Psyke, are you going to teach him to be bilingual or trilingual from an early age? Like Malay, Japanese, and English?

Man, having a kid is too cool. They're like a lump of clay you can mold into something amazing.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 04-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Congradulations man! I take it that you and your wife are really happy.

As for names, you should name the baby after the main in Den-O if its a boy lol. :P

I'm really happy for you ma. I hope that someday I can become a father. Well, I should worry about finding the mother first lol.

kenren
Mon, 04-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Congrats! All the best, Psyke! :)

Psyke
Tue, 04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Psyke, are you going to teach him to be bilingual or trilingual from an early age? Like Malay, Japanese, and English?

Definately bilingual, and trilingual if he/she can hack it. Priority would be English, Chinese, and then Japanese. :D

Archangel
Thu, 04-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Are you hoping for a boy or a girl psyke? :D

I know it's soon to even be thinking this but i hope i have a girl, they're so cute lol

Assertn
Thu, 04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Are you hoping for a boy or a girl psyke? :D

I know it's soon to even be thinking this but i hope i have a girl, they're so cute lol
pedobear hopes you have a girl too, archangel ;)

Animeniax
Thu, 04-24-2008, 03:06 PM
That's wrong man, just wrong.

I hope to have a boy first. I'll train him so his first response to some a**hole is a left cross to the jaw, instead of a smart alecky comment like I'd do.

Good question though, boy or girl for the First Family of gotwoot?

Psyke
Fri, 04-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm really fine with either, as long as both mother and baby are safe. I've not been resting too well recently, as my wife's health hasn't been too good and she's lost all appetite due to her feeling nauseous all the time. Hopefully she'll get better soon as I've also hit a busy peak in work...... :(

Kraco
Fri, 04-25-2008, 11:49 AM
as my wife's health hasn't been too good and she's lost all appetite due to her feeling nauseous all the time.

That's certainly not good as she soon should be eating for two people. But maybe she'll get used to it all soon enough.

Psyke
Sat, 07-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Update! My wife's 5 months pregnant now, and we just went for a detailed scan at the hospital yesterday. We're going to have a baby girl, and her name as been chosen. :)

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6643/renaqq5.jpg

Sapphire
Sat, 07-19-2008, 08:51 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What's her name? Psyche?

Animeniax
Sat, 07-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Is your wife feeling better these days? Wow, 5 months along already. Will she get a Westernized name or a Japanese-style name?

Psyke
Sat, 07-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Is your wife feeling better these days?

Yup she's feeling much better these days, apettite's good too. :D

Will she get a Westernized name or a Japanese-style name?

Japanese of course. :cool:

Animeniax
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Oh I didn't notice the name in the picture. Is that actually Japanese, or more Japanese-style? Does it have a meaning?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Rena doesn't sound that much of an japanese name...
unless baby rena is some sort of codename for an ultrasound check...

buy still, congrats. is your wife planning a special birth (home birth, water birth.. etc) method?

RyougaZell
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Congratulations Pyske :D

And nice choice for a name... I remember seeing a character with that name in Star Ocean The Second Story and .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu

Rena in italian means Sand.
Rena in swedish means Pure.
Rena in latin means Reborn.
Rena is also the name of a town in Spain and another one in Norway

I don't know Japanese... but a quick search to the internet gave me this:
レナ (Rehna) or リナ (Reena)

Psyke
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Rena \r(e)-na\レナ: pronounced REE-nah. It is of Hebrew origin, and means "a joyous melody". In Greek the meaning of Rena is "peace". The name is actually inspired from fictional character Yanase Rena (ヤナセ・レナ) from the Ultraman Tiga series, as well as Tanaka Reina (田中れいな), currently H!P artist. I like it a lot, and the meaning of a joyous melody sounds absolutely delightful to me and my wife too. :)

@DBZ: Nah, nothing special so she'll be delivered in a hospital of our choice.

Animeniax
Sat, 07-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Rena \r(e)-na\レナ: pronounced REE-nah.
Wouldn't it be RAY-nah if it's written レナ?

Sapphire
Sat, 07-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Wouldn't that be レイナ?

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Congratulations Psyke, glad to know everything is going well.

Psyke
Sat, 07-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks Ryllharu.

レナ is Rena, while レイナ is Reina. :p

Animeniax
Sat, 07-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes but isn't レ pronounced "ray"? So レナ would be ray-nah, right?

Psyke
Sat, 07-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes but isn't レ pronounced "ray"? So レナ would be ray-nah, right?

Nope, レ is pronounced "re", from the R line of Hira/Kata: Ra Ri Ru Re Ro (らりるれろ、ラリルレロ).

Sapphire
Sat, 07-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Like "reh".

Assassin
Sat, 07-19-2008, 11:58 AM
thats awesome Psyke, congrats again to you and your wife. And Rena is a beautiful name.

Kraco
Sat, 07-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Hmm... For some reason I can't yet tell if she looks more like your wife or you... But let's hope your wife since she's a girl.

Congrats!

Animeniax
Sat, 07-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Like "reh".
Yes, because the 'e' in Japanese has the "ay"/"eh" (same) sound, so 'RE' レ would be "reh"/"ray". 'RI' リ would provide the "ree" sound.
It's rah, ree, roo, ray, row, if I'm not mistaken.

Like the words 'dare' and 'sore' are pronounced "da-ray" and "so-ray".

Psyke
Sat, 07-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Yes, because the 'e' in Japanese has the "ay"/"eh" (same) sound, so 'RE' レ would be "reh"/"ray". 'RI' リ would provide the "ree" sound.
It's rah, ree, roo, ray, row, if I'm not mistaken.

Like the words 'dare' and 'sore are pronounced "da-ray" and "so-ray".

Well, perhaps it's transparent to me since I always read the hira/kata directly as da-re and so-re... ;)

@ Kraco: Man, I sure hope so.

@ Assassin: Thanks!!

Sapphire
Sat, 07-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Like the words 'dare' and 'sore' are pronounced "da-ray" and "so-ray".
The heck? I always pronounced it da-reh and so-reh! =D
I asked my Japanese friend and she said she would pronounce it ren-ah, though she uses more of a ray ish pronounciation when she says dare.

Animeniax
Sat, 07-19-2008, 12:30 PM
What's the difference? It's the same sound as far as I'm concerned. Ray and reh are the same sound in English (but different for most of the world's languages).

Sapphire
Sat, 07-19-2008, 12:35 PM
レイ = ei/ay
レ = eh

Psyke
Sat, 07-19-2008, 12:49 PM
レイ = ei/ay
レ = eh

Exactly. At least that's what I've learnt.

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-19-2008, 01:09 PM
The name is actually inspired from fictional character Yanase Rena (ヤナセ・レナ) from the Ultraman Tiga series
Well, I guess Munsu was half-right :p.

Rena \r(e)-na\レナ: pronounced REE-nah
This is what threw Animeniax (and me) off, since "ree" would be pronounced how you'd pronounce "ri" I think.

Anyway, that's pretty exciting news! Having a baby girl will tons of fun and you'll get to protect her from and embarrass her in front of annoying teenage boys when she's old enough.

David75
Sat, 07-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Congratulations in replicating yourself in a joyful way ;)
Long Live Rena!

Board of Command
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:12 PM
As long as you didn't pick Aeris, I'm cool with it.

Rena is a nice name too.

Sapphire
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:17 PM
This is what threw Animeniax (and me) off, since "ree" would be pronounced how you'd pronounce "ri" I think.

The English way, yes. Consonant-vowel-consonant = vowel is sharp. Japanese = phonetic and not related.

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Yes, thank you Sapphire, I'm aware of how Japanese vowels are pronounced. I was pointing out the source of confusion without further derailing Psyke's thread.

Sapphire
Sat, 07-19-2008, 03:31 PM
lol!!! I just automatically read it the Japanese way since he said it was Japanese already. :confused:

ahemahem... CONGRATS PSYKE!!

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Congratulations Psyke!!

Are you going to give her a Chinese name as well? I vaguely remember you saying you guys are of Chinese origin.

Psyke
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Congratulations Psyke!!

Are you going to give her a Chinese name as well? I vaguely remember you saying you guys are of Chinese origin.

Yup, definately. Her chinese name is now tentatively 瑞欣. :D

RyougaZell
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Google translation is not so good... it gave me Ruixin. And since I do not trust the translator I think I'll better wait until Psyke decides to inform us the chinese name of his daughter, in roman letter I mean :P

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-20-2008, 12:36 AM
I don't know how google gave you Ruixin. 瑞欣 sounds very nice indeed, particularly in Cantonese, which I'm assuming is how it was intended. Does Sui Yun have a special meaning too?

Psyke
Sun, 07-20-2008, 01:38 AM
As long as you didn't pick Aeris, I'm cool with it.

To be honest the name Yuna came across as an option, till I really think about the possible repercussions.....

@ Buffalobiian &RyougaZell:

Actually, Ruixin is how it is intended to be pronounced. I'm not cantonese, so I'm not sure what Sui Yun means.... I've no idea that google can even tell you how to pronounce Chinese names, so I've gotta give that a try.

Animeniax
Sun, 07-20-2008, 05:45 AM
lol!!! I just automatically read it the Japanese way since he said it was Japanese already. :confused:

ahemahem... CONGRATS PSYKE!!
I've heard the name before, so unless there is a different pronunciation decided on by the parents, I think we're all on the same page. Like Xan said, it was the REE part of the phonetic explanation that threw us off, since we read REE with the English pronunciation instead of the Japanese. Either way, it's a very cute name.

Thanks for the update, Psyke.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-20-2008, 06:13 AM
I apologise for making that blunder then Psyke. Looking forward to more good news from you. :)

NM
Sun, 07-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Man, I'm so happy for you and your wife Psyke! Its such an exciting time for you guys. A great name for a soon to be great daughter. :)

More updates soon please!

Animeniax
Sun, 07-20-2008, 11:41 PM
To be honest the name Yuna came across as an option, till I really think about the possible repercussions.....
Don't the Japanese say yu na when they say not to call someone a particular word? Like "omae te yu na" means "don't call me you".

Did you or the wife pick the name or was it a collaboration or did you pick it out of a hat?

Psyke
Mon, 07-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Don't the Japanese say yu na when they say not to call someone a particular word? Like "omae te yu na" means "don't call me you".

That's iu na (言う な), meaning don't say, in it's imperative form. And "omae de iu na" sounds more like "Don't say omae", possibly because omae is a more impolite form of anata.

Did you or the wife pick the name or was it a collaboration or did you pick it out of a hat?

It was me. The name Rena is actually inspired from fictional character Yanase Rena (ヤナセ・レナ) from the Ultraman Tiga series, as well as Tanaka Reina (田中れいな), currently H!P artist. :D

Assassin
Mon, 07-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Leave it to Psyke to name his kid after an anime charater :p

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Leave it to Psyke to name his kid after an anime charater :p
Isn't it technically a form of tokusatsu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokusatsu) and kaiju (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiju) and not anime?

Assassin
Mon, 07-21-2008, 07:43 PM
lol, well if you wanna get technical

masamuneehs
Tue, 07-22-2008, 06:52 AM
congrats.

don't fuck it up

(lol, seriously, congrats. i know you'll do a great job)

David75
Tue, 07-22-2008, 07:06 AM
congrats.

don't fuck it up

(lol, seriously, congrats. i know you'll do a great job)

Errr you mean the name right?
Because his part is done already, technically. Then there's love and affection, but that's a longer story ;)

Lucifus
Tue, 07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Congratulations Psyke; dont spoil the little angel too much ya? ^^

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Animeniax was probably referring to "Omae te iu na", which means "Don't call me you". "Te" (not "de") in this case is actually "to", just said in a more informal manner.

Congrats, and I personally like the name. I just wanted to ask though, have you seen the anime "Higurashi no naku koro ni/When cicadas cry"?

Psyke
Wed, 07-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Animeniax was probably referring to "Omae te iu na", which means "Don't call me you". "Te" (not "de") in this case is actually "to", just said in a more informal manner.

Congrats, and I personally like the name. I just wanted to ask though, have you seen the anime "Higurashi no naku koro ni/When cicadas cry"?

Thanks for the correction!

I haven't...... was there any reference?

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-23-2008, 08:12 AM
There is a character there named Rena, and it's quite a popular show.

But to understand why I asked... you better take a look at the pictures.

Rena 1 (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/erastale/Higurashi/Higurashi_rena.jpg)

Cute right? However...

Rena 2 (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/erastale/Higurashi/Insane_Rena.jpg)

Rena 3 (http://www.sd40.btinternet.co.uk/wordpress/10/071009_03.jpg)

LOL. Not that I'm complaining, I love Rena.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-23-2008, 08:14 AM
lol, you'll give Psyke nightmares.

Psyke
Wed, 07-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Awesome. I love this Rena already. :p

Psyke
Thu, 11-27-2008, 02:15 PM
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp253/Psyke0808/IMG_5940.jpg
I was activated back home by Mabel on Thursday morning, while I was still in a busy state at work. Rushed home, ate early lunch, and headed for the hospital. After hours of waiting and walking up and down the stairways, Rena was finally delivered. Our angel has finally arrived.
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp253/Psyke0808/IMG_5939.jpg
The whole event was simply amazing. I'm still awed by the miracle of birth as I type this. It's an experience which words cannot imagine. In the end, Mabel and I are just glad everything is fine and we're thankful for the smooth and safe delivery.
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp253/Psyke0808/IMG_5944.jpg
These pics were taken minutes after Rena "popped" out, and she's still pretty dazed but definately facinated by her surrounding. She weighs 3.23kgs, and her exact birth date and time is 28th of November 2008, 12.53am.

KitKat
Thu, 11-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Cutest. Baby. Ever. Seriously, a lot of babies are really ugly right after they're born, and it takes them a while to get their babyish cuteness. Rena is beautiful straight away.

Congratulations Psyke! How is Mabel doing? I imagine you're going to be pretty busy the next while as both mom and baby will need a lot of rest. Please pass on my congratulations to Mabel too. I'm so happy for you both! Rena is going to have a wonderful family to grow up in.

animus
Thu, 11-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Congrats Psyke. My uncle just had a daughter on the 21st.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 11-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Congrats man! And kudos for thinking of the name before hand. My last nephew to be born was nameless for two weeks!

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Congratulations Psyke! I'm sure we don't have to tell you how proud you should be. Busy times will be ahead of you too, as you commit yourself to another responsibility. And it's all worth it. :)

*Virtual toast to our new dad!*

saman
Thu, 11-27-2008, 03:03 PM
congratulations on becoming a daddy, psyke! you must be ecstatic. all the best for your entire family :)

Kraco
Thu, 11-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Congrats! She doesn't seem to have arms and legs but otherwise you can already see how she's thinking: "Give me some peace already!"

Thanks for posting the photos. It's good to hear everything looks fine for you all.

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-27-2008, 03:41 PM
W00t! Congrat Psyke. You are going to be a great dad.

Ryllharu
Thu, 11-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Congrats to you and Mabel, Psyche!

Rena looks wonderful.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 11-27-2008, 04:04 PM
you should make her an account, so we will get a reminder each year at her birthday.
(or, get someone to make a forum event out of it).

congrats, man, you're a daddy.

Nadouku
Thu, 11-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Congratulations! Have a happy life! :)

David75
Thu, 11-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Congratulations to your wife, you and your girl.
Each time a first baby comes to this world, 3 people are born:
A mother, a father and the baby.

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-27-2008, 05:50 PM
That's so amazing Pyske. I really am so happy for you.

You're gonna be such a cool dad. I wish you and Mabel all the best in the next few years.

Keep us updated!

Lucifus
Thu, 11-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Haha, I can only imagine the anticipation you were going through.

Congratulations! I'll tell you this right now, you've got your work cut out for you. =D

masamuneehs
Thu, 11-27-2008, 06:19 PM
congrats psyke. i'd tell you not to fuck it up, but i've already got a pretty good feeling that you'll do a great job as a father. all the best to the kid

Psyke
Thu, 11-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks people! I'm not sure if I'll be a great dad, but I'll give it my best shot. Here's another picture of her, after she's all cleaned up.

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp253/Psyke0808/renapic.jpg

Assassin
Fri, 11-28-2008, 02:15 AM
Shes gorgeous man....you guys are gonna be great parents.

animus
Fri, 11-28-2008, 02:19 AM
I see that mohawk!

Animeniax
Fri, 11-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Congratulations Psyke!! Wow, is this a first for Gotwoot, a parent in our midst?

Jman
Fri, 11-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

Dark Dragon
Fri, 11-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Congratulation, very beautiful baby.

animus
Fri, 11-28-2008, 01:33 PM
I expect a female baby masked rider any time now, Psyke.

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Congratulations Psyke!! Wow, is this a first for Gotwoot, a parent in our midst?
Foomanchew has a son. I don't know if you'd remember him though.

Still, that's a really nice picture of your daughter, Psyke.

Carnage
Fri, 11-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Congratulations man! This is big!

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 11-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Oh man, she's adorable! And, she looks just like your wife xD. Well done dude!

rockmanj
Fri, 11-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Congrats again, and you seem like a nice, caring guy, and I'm sure you all will be just fine.

6Zabuza9
Sat, 11-29-2008, 06:29 AM
congratulations! she's cute

Abdula
Sat, 11-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Congrats Psyke.

Xelbair
Sat, 11-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Omedeto!

Psyke
Tue, 12-02-2008, 04:04 AM
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3024/img6069me5.jpg

Tiring time with the little one screaming for attention every now and then. But still, I'm finding time to read the forums..... :)

Kraco
Tue, 12-02-2008, 05:20 AM
Very nice mittens. Looks kind of funny to have them with a t-shirt...

I have to say black hair and white clothes make a strangely harmonic combination.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Very cute :o

Since its summer there, I'm guessing the mittens are to stop her scratching herself rather than for warmth?

Psyke
Tue, 12-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Yup exactly. And it's summer all year round here. :p

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Since its summer there, I'm guessing the mittens are to stop her scratching herself rather than for warmth?
Please explain this concept to me. Do babies scratch themselves when they get hot or something? Also what's wrong with scratching??

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't expect her fingernails to be too deadly yet, but babies skin is particularly delicate, especially their faces, and they can scar themselves in some cases.

Nadouku
Tue, 12-02-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm guessing it's also to prevent the baby from touching anything unnecessary, since, like Ryllharu said, babies do have delicate skin. Anyways, looking sharp, Psyke!

darkshadow
Tue, 12-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Wow, I'm like the only one who hasn't congratulated you yet >_> shame on me, but yeah good to hear both your wife and your daughter were perfectly fine after childbirth :).
Oh and nice pictures :D

Lucifus
Tue, 12-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Does Rena have her own account yet? :D

Psyke
Tue, 12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
In a couple of years maybe. :p

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't expect her fingernails to be too deadly yet, but babies skin is particularly delicate, especially their faces, and they can scar themselves in some cases.

Tell that to my 3 year old nephew and the wall he bloodied... err... crashed into during a blackout early this year.

rockmanj
Wed, 12-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Tell that to my 3 year old nephew and the wall he bloodied... err... crashed into during a blackout early this year.

Oh my gosh! don't scare the new parent like that!

RyougaZell
Wed, 12-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Nah... Im sure little Rena will be a calm child.

I dub my nephew as the 'Tasmanian Devil'

Psyke
Wed, 12-03-2008, 10:02 AM
I don't wanna keep hogging this thread, so this is the last picture I'll post here. Thanks to all for the kind words, and I've been regularly updating my blog and facebook accounts, so check there for more pics! :P

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9280/img6065iy5.jpg

Kraco
Wed, 12-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Ho... The other mitten says: "I [heart] daddy" and the other says "I [heart] mommy"?

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 12-03-2008, 10:27 AM
LOL! Shooooooooooooryuken! Oh man, hog away man, I don't think we can get enough of these xD.

Nadouku
Wed, 12-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I don't wanna keep hogging this thread, so this is the last picture I'll post here. Thanks to all for the kind words, and I've been regularly updating my blog and facebook accounts, so check there for more pics! :P

Don't mind! You're keeping this forum livelier with your newest creation! Keep it up!

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Bah, how can it been too soon since I repped Psyke?!

At a time like this....

The expression on her face is the best part.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
in 2026, she's going to be so embarrassed when these pictures end up in the year book.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-03-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't wanna keep hogging this thread, so this is the last picture I'll post here.

pfft, what are you talking about? This is your thread.
(edit@below: I meant that in a fun way :p)

The comments lower in number over time, but we're no less interested in seeing more pics. But if you do stop posting....well, I'll have to frequent your blog :)

Psyke
Wed, 12-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Oops, I meant I don't wanna keep bumping this thread. More pics are already on my blog... :)

Psyke
Sun, 06-07-2009, 02:35 AM
6th month update! A picture says a thousand words so a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KO5Q_d9BXA) ought to say a million. Remember to watch in HD! :)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Well, it's good to see you're spending your time on something even more worthwhile since you're not on GotWoot as often anymore. :) Looking healthy!!

And it was an eye opener for me seeing that...what would you call it, a neck floatie?

Psyke
Sun, 06-07-2009, 03:57 AM
I'm here everyday, just can't find much to post about :)

As for the swimming aid it's pretty populuar here. I would say almost ALL babies I know off go through this swimming initiation ritual. Haha. :p

Kraco
Sun, 06-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Doting parents and a happy kid...

My first time seeing such a floating device. Somehow just imagining having something like that around your neck feels nasty. You can't raise your hands above the neck level or reach your own head anymore. If a mosquito landed on your nose, you could just watch it suck your precious blood, unable to drive it off.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Unable to scratch your nose is indeed a bother, but isn't the main problem...being suspended by your jaw?

Psyke
Sun, 06-07-2009, 05:46 AM
I didn't get how it worked in logic till I saw it for myself as well :p

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-07-2009, 07:04 AM
While the swimming device is...interesting, I think I have to say I liked the huge glob of drool rolling off her chin followed by the huge smile right at the beginning the best. It is almost unbearably cute.

XanBcoo
Sun, 06-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I love how you and Rena have the exact same expression in the last picture. She is her father's daughter.

And yeah, the floating ring looks like some sort of weird Hello Kitty/Saw-like torture device, but it's pretty ingenious.

Psyke
Thu, 07-23-2009, 11:05 PM
I've another video done up for Rena (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCn5WS_pytM), who is going to be 8 months next week (watch in HD). Time files! :D