PDA

View Full Version : The Daughter of Twenty-Faces

Munsu
Fri, 04-18-2008, 02:07 PM
First episode out by Live-eviL:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_01_HD_(h264%2Cvorbis)_%5B076483C0%5D.mkv.torrent

The story revolves around a female thief named Chico, who is the spiritual successor to the Kaijin Nijū-Mensō (The Fiend with 20 Faces) thief character created by famed suspense and detective novelist Ranpo Edogawa. (Edogawa is a pen name for Tarō Hirai; when written in Japanese family-name-first order, it spells out a Japanese pun for the name of the American suspense and detective author "Edgar Allen Poe").
http://www.chico-tv.com/
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5671

Another series by BONES, it looked quite interesting to me.

Death13a
Fri, 04-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Just finished first episode and it was very good, going to keep watching for episode 2.

Board of Command
Fri, 04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
I've been waiting for this one. It stars Hirano Aya :)

Kraco
Fri, 04-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I had a look at this as well. The description seemed interesting (not the one in Bud's post but the one Live-Evil has on their web site). The graphics in this were strangely old school, I thought. Especially if you look at the cars, for example. They looked like out of some... old Disney cartoon or something. Not that I'm complaing, though.

I suppose we will get a time skip pretty soon because the girl seems so young right now.

animus
Fri, 04-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Man, I was so confused for most of that episode and rather annoyed at her attitude at the beginning.

But so far I guess this was a decent episode.

Kraco
Fri, 04-18-2008, 05:42 PM
- - - - Major ep 1 spoiler below - - - -

Her attitude surely was a surprise in the beginning. I was thinking no way the main character of this series is such a spoiled brat. But then, zomg! She was being bloody poisoned by her parents. No wonder she didn't behave like a good little lady. That was actually pretty masterful. It never visited my mind though I was thinking of other possibilities for why she acted like that.

animus
Fri, 04-18-2008, 06:49 PM
It crossed my mind for a bit with the orange juice and the letter scene. I was like she sounds rather peculiar pouring that juice could she be poisoning it? At first I had thought it was just her step-mother that she didn't like and she was spoiled an craving daddy's attention. That, or she didn't like having a second mother.

Munsu
Fri, 04-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Just watched the first episode...

I enjoyed it quite a bit, wondering what will happen between now and when she becomes the new Twenty-Face thief. Does he retire? Does he die? Does he disapear? Or is he still active and she simply helps him out?

I just hope this series gets a bit of story and plot, instead of following the normal detective-type of series pattern, where they solve one random case after another without really affecting the characters themselves and their development.

Yukimura
Sat, 04-19-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm sorry but I have to say it, Niju-Mensou looks a lot like Roger Smith, and since he's conveniently lacking a real name I can't help but call him Roger. I just hope he doesn't start talking into his watch anytime soon.

Anyway, this looks like it has some promise. The art style a little odd for one who skipped out on much of Trigun, Bebop and the other 90's shows but by the end of the ep I didn't even notice. From the OP it defiantly looks like time will skip and Chiko will acquire plenty of handy burglar skills in that time.

I'm not really sure which way I'd prefer this one go though. I doubt they'll keep it episodic for the full 22 eps, but they could do a bunch mini-arcs that don't ever merge into a central plot but just reveal more and more about the characters as they go on, or the focus could become something like 'reveal the great truth' or 'find the missing Roger Smith who walked out in ep 3 never to be seen again'. Only time will tell, but i'm certainly interested in finding out.

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-19-2008, 05:28 AM
This made me immediately think "Miyazaki-does-Cat's Eye set in the 1960s". It's certainly BONES' character design, but it really had that feel I only get from Miyazaki movies. Fluid animation with a ton of visual nostalgia. Maybe most like Kiki's Delivery Service.

But there's a nice darker edge to this, much like Castle in the Sky.

I didn't even realize I was missing this type of show. Definitely going to pick it up.

As for the poisoning, it all clicked when the aunt was pouring the juice. I thought, "That's poisoned," but I didn't immediately connect that all the other meals were too until Chiko said so. I thought Chiko just hated that her 'parents' were trying to be as Western as possible, by feeding her elaborate rich people meals.

Everon
Sat, 04-19-2008, 03:30 PM
I was watching halfway through it and got fed up with the little girls behavior...and skipped ahead and missed the poisoning revelation. Makes more sense now.

Munsu
Wed, 04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Episode 1 by Sudo:
http://sudo.ep-get.info/%5Bsudo%5D%20Chiko%2C%20Heiress%20of%20the%20Phant om%20Thief%2001%20%5B6D48784D%5D.mkv.torrent

Episode 2 by Live-eviL:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_02_HD_(h264%2Cvorbis)_%5B1E299631%5D.mkv.torrent

BioAlien
Thu, 04-24-2008, 10:40 PM
She's smart... And learn quickly (Throwing the knife), but is it just me or did twenty face didn't seems to be too happy about that?

Kraco
Fri, 04-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Yeah. He looks like a man who has some regrets. Perhaps a kid throwing a knife reminded him of something.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-25-2008, 03:35 AM
The way I took it was that he had just saved Chiko from a dangerous place where her life was constantly in danger. Only now, he's taken her to a place where her life is again in danger. I would think he was trying to save her, as he called her "the real treasure," and any regrets he have stem from her going to a potentially equally dangerous world.

She is amazingly smart. I kept thinking she'd notice poison or something in the food, but I can't figure out at all how she knew the gun would be in the drawer. The Chinese woman was with the two of them pretty much all the time.

One thing should have bothered her. Any Chinese person at that time period saying they liked Japanese people. There's no way someone like that could have existed. Maybe that was Chiko's hint, or our writer was being rather creative with history.

BioAlien
Fri, 04-25-2008, 03:38 AM
but I can't figure out at all how she knew the gun would be in the drawer.

She probably just searched the room.

animus
Fri, 04-25-2008, 07:11 AM
She probably just searched the room.

Did you notice the sentence after?

Anyways, she might've overheard a conversation or two since such a big emphasis was put on listening, watching, and deciding for oneself. Maybe she found something when the chinese lady went to buy medicine, or she stepped out of the house to talk to her comrade for a second.

BioAlien
Wed, 04-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Episode 3 out

HD
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_03_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B7A24613A%5D.mkv.torrent

SD
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_03_SD_(xvid%2Cmp3)_%5B3B74FEC3%5D.avi.torrent

(I'm stuck with SD... Since I can't play properly video with a resolution higher than 1024x768)

Dark Dragon
Sat, 05-03-2008, 03:40 AM
This art style is so nostalgic, bring back so much memories from old favorites like Hunter X Hunter (hunter exam arc), City Hunter and Macross.

Love the cunning look Chiko had at the end of the episode, looks like all of the cunning twenty-faces possess is starting to leak onto her.

I wonder when they will decide to insert the time skip, there is a high possibility of twenty-faces disappearing judging from the scene of him walking away in the OP.

Munsu
Sat, 05-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Alright, I'll be catching up to it now... watching episode 2 as I write this.

Just wondering, anyone seen the sudo version and your opinion on it versus the live-evil one?

Board of Command
Sat, 05-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Sudo's first episode had piss poor video quality even with a 260 MB file. The second episode was much better. I think Live-Evil's video is still better than Sudo's.

Translation wise...I don't know. I originally planned on watching Live-Evil and archiving Sudo, but Live-Evil's translations seem fine and their video quality is better, so I'll just archive Live-Evil instead.

Munsu
Sat, 05-03-2008, 11:54 AM
I'll be keeping my Live-eviL versions then.

Just watched until episode 3, and I'm really liking this so far. I like how it works as a serial drama, but each episode includes a small case to solve, will still progressing the story and character development. Much better than I was expecting.

How long do you guys think we'll keep going like this? How long before the boss gets killed off?

Board of Command
Sat, 05-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I think they'd have to at least introduce the two other girls (from the ED) first. We've seen one of them as a maid at the relative's house, but didn't get her name or anything. She just stood there. And then there's the blonde girl who has yet to make an appearance.

I'd say they do the time jump at around episode 10.

Ryllharu
Sat, 05-03-2008, 12:23 PM
With the opposing view of her in the ED, as an ally of Chiko, I wonder where the maid fits into this. Is she only a friendly maid of Chiko's, a long ago planted member of Twenty-Faces' organization, or is she genuinely allied with the private inspector and therefore the aunt and uncle?

She's also shown in the OP with the "villains" of the series (the private inspector, the aunt and uncle, another black haired woman, etc).

But I really love this series. It's like watching a Miyazaki film.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 05-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I get what you mean. It packs a lot into one episode, and a smooth and gradual character development (as well as simple art) gives that feeling.

Not to mention Hirano Aya is voicing her.

Munsu
Sun, 05-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I've never thought much of Hirano Aya... I find her voice boring most of the times. Aside from her work with Haruhi, and maybe Lumiere... I've never quite enjoyed her voice. Not going to complain, as it's not as her voice is annoying the hell out of me, but surely not a strong point of the anime for me. It's certainly a recognizable voice.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Haruhi made Hirano for me. I love distinct non-irritating voices, like you describe.

Board of Command
Mon, 05-05-2008, 06:56 AM
I love Hirano Aya's voice, but I think it might be "annoying" depending on the character she plays. Mei from Manabi Straight was irritating but maybe that's what they were aiming for.

Kraco
Mon, 05-05-2008, 08:03 AM
I think VAs with distinct voices fit well characters that are meant to stand apart for one reason or another. And Chiko is such a character. Right now she's the only child in that den of burly thieves, trying her utmost to fit in, and I wouldn't be surprised if she also after the time jump has some missions with heavy solo roles. In series where you all the time have a group of more or less equal heroes a very distinct voice can be potentially troublesome.

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Aya Hirano will forever be Lumiere to me. Haruhi may have been a huge departure from the eternally calm, composed, and mature character she played in Kiddy Grade at 15, but that's just the way it is.

I find myself shocked at how damn tiny Chiko is. The went all out for the malnourished look. It seems at some points like she couldn't possibly weigh more than 40 pounds. It's very strange seeing her work so hard and go all out like that. I wonder if that is why the one guy with the scar is so cold to her. Perhaps he either has a child or a sister and is inwardly horrified to see someone so small working themselves that hard.

Then you see her in the OP after the time jump and all seems well, but she's still rail thin.

Munsu
Fri, 05-09-2008, 02:54 AM
Episode 4:

Live-eviL:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_04_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B734EA528%5D.mkv.torrent

Sudo:
http://sudo.ep-get.info/%5Bsudo%5D%20Chiko%2C%20Heiress%20of%20the%20Phant om%20Thief%2004%20%5BD79C8216%5D.mkv.torrent

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Lots of excellent Chiko acrobatics this time, a taste of the action in the OP. The fighting training sequences had some really great animation. Especially the first person view from the judo guy. Chiko has really advanced a lot, she's really living up to the title of The Daughter of Twenty Faces. I like the way they've made her an agility-based fighter instead of making her some overall amazing fighter given how fail-thin she still is. Kneeing the guard in the chest in order to knock him down the stairs and using her entire body weight instead of somehow punching or kicking him is a nice touch.

She's also befriended Muta finally. It's kind of funny that she's a little bad at domestic tasks, like dishes (though she can cook very well).

I like how the idiot detective thinks he's fleecing the aunt and uncle, but that's really what she intended all along. What an enormous bitch.

The nice trend in what Twenty Faces steals is returning goods that have fallen to private collectors back to their original countries, people, and owners. I've always hated the idea of private collectors (the ones that never intend to loan to museums, to ensure that only they ever see whatever it is), so it's something I can really easily sympathize with.

Kraco
Sat, 05-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Do you guys still think we are going to get a time jump? Chiko was already using the red dress she has in the OP. I always thought she looked somewhat older in it in the OP, which is why I thought a time jump was imminent (in addition to making her a more serious character), but now when she was in it in the actual episode, I can't anymore judge the difference.

Darknodin
Sat, 05-10-2008, 03:50 AM
well... there was a time jump already. nothing big but still a few months.
after 4 eps i gotta say. I love this show! i found myself checking a few times if something was wrong with my player thinking "there is no way 20 minutes have passed already!". its good stuff.

Board of Command
Sun, 05-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Do you guys still think we are going to get a time jump? Chiko was already using the red dress she has in the OP. I always thought she looked somewhat older in it in the OP, which is why I thought a time jump was imminent (in addition to making her a more serious character), but now when she was in it in the actual episode, I can't anymore judge the difference.
I feel the same way. I think this one-year jump is what we've been waiting for. It's just that she seems older in both the OP and ED.

Kraco
Tue, 05-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Little red thiefing dress:

Episode 5 HD - Live-evil (http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_05_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B0C548471%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 5 SD - Live-evil (http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_05_SD_(xvid%2Cmp3)_%5B0DD34AE5%5D.avi.torrent)

Munsu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Another great episode...

Just when I was about to post that there's still some time jumps that need to happen, as we see Ken grown up in the OP, we get to see how he loses his eye in this episode. We're also introduced to one of the two chicks that's always with Chiko in the OP/ED. Wonder what her objective was in this episode, and if she works for Tora. With that said, do you guys think that our gang of thieves might've been fooled into stealing the wrong thing or something?

BioAlien
Tue, 05-13-2008, 01:12 PM
We're also introduced to one of the two chicks that's always with Chiko in the OP/ED

Wait, what?
Where!? You mean Angie? She doesn't look like the one in the OP at all...

Kraco
Tue, 05-13-2008, 01:41 PM
With that said, do you guys think that our gang of thieves might've been fooled into stealing the wrong thing or something?

I was wondering why it all went so smoothly if indeed their old enemy made an appearance like that. Fooling them into stealing a fake treasure could very well be the explanation.

I didn't really get the last scene with Angie, though. She looked like something out of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or something.

Munsu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Wait, what?
Where!? You mean Angie? She doesn't look like the one in the OP at all...
Lol, you're right... guess I wasn't paying much attention, and there was a bit of wishful thinking in my part.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 05:31 PM
The last shot of Angie was really creepy though. It's possible she's working for Tiger, as he didn't show up at all to compete or impede with Twenty Faces. Was there any point other than hurting Ken as a warning?

I really don't know what to think about that final scene. It certainly piqued my interest and set off all kinds of warnings.

High Wind
Thu, 05-15-2008, 08:15 PM
I think she might become a rival/enemy to Chiko later in the series. Kind of like how Twenty Faces has the Tiger, Chiko will also have an appropriate counterpart.

Munsu
Tue, 05-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Live-eviL 6:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_06_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5BEEED6DE0%5D.mkv.torrent

Yukimura
Tue, 05-20-2008, 10:51 PM
I love this show. You know something like this has to happen yet it was well done and managed to make good emotional impact. I figure the next ep will be a good sized time jump, maybe 3+ years. It wasn't a coincidence the bumbling PI made it onto the train as well.

BioAlien
Wed, 05-21-2008, 12:17 AM
I was wondering why none of the other thieves in the intro looked like they aged at all (Except Ken), well now we know....
Ken should still be alive somewhere. What will that crappy chubby detective do if he finds Chiko?

Possibility of Angie still being alive? Slim... But it could be.

Now that I have seen this, could it be possible that Chiko will somehow, one way or another, team up with the other 2 girls(From the intro/ending) in the future? By being a detective during the day and a thief during the night?
So many possibility... But I hope the above is not one of them, that was done so many time already...

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow, didn't see any of that coming.

I guess this explains why Chiko becomes a darker person like in the OP. It really sucks that they were all killed off, and for such a retarded reason.

I had thought Tiger was lazy, trying to steal what's already stolen to get a better reputation. Like Angie turned out to be comparing herself to Chiko. But no. He's just an asshole, killing all of them so he could join up with Twenty-Faces and rule the world? WTF. From what we've seen about what kind of person he is, Twenty-Faces would never team up with someone who would do that.

Kraco
Wed, 05-21-2008, 05:08 PM
It was a kind of strange episode. It's pretty obvious Twenty Faces thought this is the proper moment to make Chiko independent. After all, in such a profession she needs to be able to make her own decisions, plans, and learn not to always rely on others. And with that jolly good large family of thieves, that would have been hard. And also how she regretted betraying Angie so much must have been one more reason for Twenty Faces to decide it must happen now. While the man obviously appreciates friendship, he couldn't be a master thief if he let random acquaintances hamper missions.

What pissed me off in this ep was Chiko herself. She was completely useless. After all that training she couldn't do anything but evade a few axe swings. She had plenty of opportunities to take away the axe or even eliminate Angie but she did neither. In contrary she wasted time on the roof, removing any chances she might have had to help her comrades against the attackers.

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-21-2008, 05:21 PM
What pissed me off in this ep was Chiko herself. She was completely useless. After all that training she couldn't do anything but evade a few axe swings. She had plenty of opportunities to take away the axe or even eliminate Angie but she did neither. In contrary she wasted time on the roof, removing any chances she might have had to help her comrades against the attackers.
I think that's what differentiated Chiko from Angie. Angie, like Tiger, was willing to kill their competition in order to become "the best" and gain fame. Instead of showing the other up with a greater feat or stealing it first, they opted to let Twenty-Faces do all the work and then kill them after to claim the prize. They had no honor, and deserved even less respect, as if putting in any kind of effort to get the reputation Twenty-Faces had (and Chiko was developing), was beneath them.

Chiko was not a killer. She was a thief. She very well could have killed Angie (I totally expected her to multiple times in their exchanges) but instead she opted to try and save her in the end. Chiko tried to escape out the door, failed, and then went on the roof in order to escape. It's unfortunate that Angie followed her, since Chiko was trying to get to and warn the rest of the crew.

It's also good she never made it there. Just as Muta did, the others would have been killed protecting her. Chiko would have either died with them, or have been a liability to them as they protected her.

Death13a
Wed, 05-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Chiko is useless against guns. She doesn't have mentality to harm other people. Sure she could have taken axe but she wouldn't attack Angie.

And for Twenty Faces i think instead of him loving be in spotlight, he is performing for someone else who knows his real face and uses media coverage as sorta a letter on how he is doing. In this arc he stole clock not for setting relic free but for a price from mayor in for of information on something/someone. And Twenty Faces is not 100% confirmed dead as his disappearing acts are magical.

Kraco
Thu, 05-22-2008, 02:04 AM
I wasn't talking about killing Angie. Angie was throwing the axe all the time, and nothing would have prevented from rendering her harmless (against Chiko) by taking the axe when it was somewhere else than in her hands. Why, Chiko could have even used the bloody axe to break the door. Or if that was too complicated a plan, she could have thrown the thing out of the window. This is why I call her useless. She didn't really look like she was in panic and she used her high acrobatics all the time to evade Angie's swings, so why couldn't she put two neurons together to do something intelligent?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-22-2008, 04:12 AM
Breaking the door is a foolish idea.

Throwing it out the window is a bit better, but she would have to take it from Angie first. Then she would have to throw the heavy axe out the window while Angie is out to attack her. If there is any problem, it is in the fact that she refused to hurt Angie numerous times, but that is just her personality. Taking the axe away will not only lower her agility (it did seem quite unwieldy, and Chiko was never strong), it may also force her to use it against someone she does not want to hurt in the heat of battle. Escape was her main priority at that time.

In the end, it is good that she got stuck there for a bit. Otherwise, everyone might have died a bit faster, including Ken.

Kraco
Thu, 05-22-2008, 05:05 AM
An axe doesn't weigh that much. Surely you have used an axe during your life. Even a large axe doesn't weigh more than 2 kg. If she had thrown it out of the window when Angie wasn't directly in front of the window, I very much doubt the other girl would have jumped in its way to get herself killed. Aside from the willingness to kill she was a much lousier fighter than Chiko, anyway, so without the axe Chiko could have played around with her at her leisure.

And obviously we will never know what would have happened with the others had Chiko dealt with Angie sooner. We had a few scenes of her very succesfully fighting against her buddies in mock fights and then we had those scenes of her putting up a good fight against the mafia guards at the hotel where they stole the jewel. She might have made a difference and actually saved somebody's life. After all, she would have been coming from behind.

Well, all that just proves Twenty Faces made a correct choice to choose this moment to begin her independence training. She could use a harder and more decisive character.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-22-2008, 05:59 AM
A 2kg axe? Well, I am no expert on weapons, but that seems a tad too light, at least compared to how it appeared in the show (especially how Angie handled it). I mean I have a wooden stick (called an arnis, its a weapon too) that is as heavy as that, and it doesn't have a sharp metal head stuck on the end. Either way, they are little girls, so even 2kg may be a bit heavy. Chiko is only 12, as I remember.

I was not referring to the danger to Angie when throwing the axe (my point there was that Chiko might leave an opening if she took the trouble of throwing it out the window), but rather when she has it in her possession. I am pretty sure she is not adept with axes, and because of such inexperience, she might inadvertently injure Angie in the process.

I do agree with you on the point that Angie is a much lousier fighter than Chiko. Too bad it doesn't count for much if Chiko doesn't want to use it on her first friend.

While we can never be sure of what will happen, judging from her character (assuming that even if she did manage to leave earlier she is still unwilling to kill or severely injure the enemy) she will be a hindrance. That is more telling than the mock fights as well as the hotel scene, where she was basically just escaping (using the stairs and the like just to do damage too) rather than knocking people out.

EDIT: I just tested it out with a 2kg weight. Even 2kg is quite heavy, and throwing it or wielding it is no easy feat. Fighting with it is much more difficult than simply chopping wood. I honestly doubt that young Chiko would be able to hurl it accurately out the window, much less use it to fight or defend herself if she has never done so before.

Kraco
Thu, 05-22-2008, 06:45 AM
It's good to keep in mind when evaluating the axe that the comparison of its size you make is based on the size of a kid, so it looks bigger than it would in the hand of an adult. And 2 kg equals to a bottle of soda. The distance to the window from the door was something like 2 meters if even that. A man could have kicked the axe out of the window, and Chiko surely would have been able to throw it (why, Angie was swinging it around and throwing it without any extra effort).

Let's also keep in mind that Angie had a pretty solid faith in the power of that axe. If she had seen it in Chiko's hands, she would most likely have become extremely careful. She was not like Chiko who was trained to trust in good eye and skills, not only a weapon (as demonstrated by Twenty Faces himself who suddenly yet coolly just kicked the gun out of Tiger's hand. Tiger with those claws was obviously someone who valued weapons and scaring his opponents above skills).

Munsu
Fri, 05-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Just watched the episode, it was a great one.

Some theories:

Mister is still alive.
Mister was aware of the killings going on, but let it happen.
He talked about needing someone like him, Chiko, while he was talking about the painful lessons he learned during the war. He might've been doing the same to Chiko.

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Perhaps having Chiko experience how horrible weapons and violence are, she would follow in his footsteps?

Is it just me, or have of the many things the crew have stolen, several were actually remarked as being stolen under looters in one war or another? Except perhaps the clock, since that was more about keeping the town from selling it.

Munsu
Fri, 05-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Perhaps having Chiko experience how horrible weapons and violence are, she would follow in his footsteps?

That's what I meant by Mister being aware of what was going on, and simply let it happen so that Chiko would become more like him.

Everon
Sun, 05-25-2008, 11:03 AM
What happened to Ken? How did Chiko miss him between the bullet ridden section and 21-faces? Maybe the next episode will explain how he mysteriously disappeared.

Munsu
Sun, 05-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Got into one of the rooms? That's probably what happened.

saman
Mon, 05-26-2008, 12:04 AM
i don't know, we don't know much about twenty faces, but he doesn't really seem like the type of person who would just sit there calmly and silently cheer on the bad guys while they massacre his entire crew. it's also a bit of a contradiction to say that he let it happen so that chiko could evolve, since it implies that he doesn't care about his crew while at the same time implying that he cares about chiko, who's part of his crew.

with larger than life characters like twenty faces, there's always the assumption that, being wise and extremely smart, they're always one step ahead of their enemy and are aware of their plans. still, i think it's quite possible that twenty faces just didn't realize what was happening until tiger showed up in his car. or he realized too late and there was nothing he could do, so did nothing to stop it.

then again, i could be wrong and he could just be a completely selfish person concerned only with leaving a legacy. he did say something about wanting to run the world.

Kraco
Mon, 05-26-2008, 12:48 AM
We don't exactly even know how many cars away he was from the one where most of the fighting happened. On a train, especially an old-fashioned one, I doubt you hear handguns a couple of cars away at all. Why he wasn't with the others, is another question of course. Still, in the previous eps we often saw him alone, in his library or otherwise, and not really partying with his men, so in that sense it's nothing special. But all in all I hadn't got the kind of impression he would willingly let all those people die just to teach Chiko a lesson on the hardness of life... I'm inclined to think he found out too late.

Yukimura
Fri, 06-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Daughter of Twenty-Faces - 07 (H264) - [Live-eviL] (http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_07_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5BB4CD2540%5D.mkv.torrent)

Daughter of Twenty-Faces - 07 (XviD) - [Live-eviL] (http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_07_SD_(xvid%2Cmp3)_%5B760FB0A8%5D.avi.torrent)

Did he survive?!? Who the heck is the sketchy guy in the traditional outfit, why is Chiko so trusting. WTF Mecha?!

So many questions....

Kraco
Sat, 06-07-2008, 02:57 AM
While it was expected Chiko would be shocked due to everything that happened, I still didn't foresee her eating the poisoned soup. Fortunately she seemed to get over her coma as soon as the detective suggested Twenty Faces might not be dead. I guess thinking he died is something that fits a kid, and likewise when some adult says he might not be dead a kid can change her opinion in a second. Believable in that sense.

I can't see her spending too much time in that toxic house anymore, though. As much as she avoids eating the soup, it's only a matter of time until she must avoid eating anything at all there, unless she prepares it by herself from secure ingredients. It would be such a bother. Besides, staying there wouldn't help her find Twenty Faces, of course.

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Could these episodes possibly feel any shorter? Just as the story begins to heat up they cut us off.

I was kind of hoping that her revival would have her tricking her stepmother into eating her own poisoned soup, but I guess that will have to either wait or Chiko is above that kind of behavior.

My favorite maid in Geass and my favorite maid in this share VAs. I just wish Satomi Arai would get more prominent roles, she has incredible range despite her voice having a few distinctive characteristics. A few nice scenes at the school too, some fun with the Queen Bee of the school, etc.

I wonder if the Iron/Clockwork Man (since it's not really a mecha) is what Twenty-Faces was trying to stop. A lot of the things they dealt with were war high-technology that he never wanted to see on Earth again.

I wonder what connection the Miyuki Sawashiro character has to do with the Clockwork Giant, who they spent plenty of effort to show him with very sad eyes, and burns everywhere underneath. It's way out there, but there is the outside possibility that Clockwork Giant is Twenty-Faces.

Kraco
Sat, 06-07-2008, 07:15 AM
It's way out there, but there is the outside possibility that Clockwork Giant is Twenty-Faces.

I don't think so. The brutish robbery didn't really look like anything Twenty Faces would do and I doubt he got burned in the train fire. He has enough skills to get out of such a situation unharmed. I don't know what he's doing now, though. Probably some other projects until Chiko is mature enough for whatever he has in mind for her. Clearly Chiko needed an extra lesson, seeing how she even ate the poison soup. Her dependence on the gang was way too high for a thief of any significant merit.

BioAlien
Sun, 06-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Daughter of Twenty-Faces - 08 (H264) - [Live-eviL] (http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_08_HD_(h264%2Cmp3)_%5B7AE2CC01%5D.mkv.torrent)

Daughter of Twenty-Faces - 08 (XviD) - [Live-eviL] (http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_08_SD_(xvid%2Cmp3)_%5B5B9EBDC3%5D.avi.torrent)

Death13a
Sun, 06-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I really like how they didn't made Chiko into super hero and rest characters into just spectators. It more fun to watch when she needs to rely on others but not be totally useless.

Kraco
Sun, 06-15-2008, 01:37 PM
I think she seems to be relying a bit too much on others. I didn't expect her to turn into a super human o/n, but aside from the high acrobatics, she doesn't really show that much promise. Well, maybe it's more realistic this way, but I really hope she will leave the home rather sooner than later. I mean, she's still living with a person who wants to kill her by poisoning. Even if she avoids the soup, she won't soon be able to brush her teeth without feeling paranoid.

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-15-2008, 02:39 PM
If the series hadn't done so already, this episode would have cemented the series as one of the best I've seen in a while. None of the episodes leave you screaming for more because they end on a cliffhangers every time (Code Geass) nor are any of the episodes totally wrapped up. Little tidbits leak out of each episode, revealing a little more of the mural that this series encompasses.

I think it is to be expected that she rely on others. She's still only what, 14, 15? The high flying acrobats are a pleasure to watch. This just wasn't a foe that she could match.

Kayama is a interesting character. If her co-conspirator was any indication, the two were looking for Twenty Faces in order to reverse the damage they have done to themselves. At the same time, we can't be entirely sure that Kayama herself is after the "completion" of the work to not only save herself, but also to market it and get name recognition out for doing so. We definitely have not seen the last of her. But there's no way of knowing what side she's actually on.

We also get a better idea of Twenty Faces motivations. He wants to eliminate all the monstrous (figuratively speaking here) creations of the war because he helped create them. A change of heart for certain.

Koito is quite the interesting personality herself. A bored Little Princess. She abruptly and completely switches sides to being friends with Chiko solely on the basis that she won't be bored up to the very moment she's forced into marriage? I love it.

Akine's scene right at the end completes the episode for me. Crying and carrying on because of a papercut-sized wound. This series just oozes nostalgic plot events. I don't know how many times I've seen that done, but it certainly has been a while and brought a smile to my face.

Munsu
Sat, 06-21-2008, 12:29 AM
And here's 9 by Live-eviL:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_09_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B8227D203%5D.mkv.torrent

Really enjoyed episode 8, hopefully 9 will be even better with this new found friendship (who didn't see it coming?).

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Koito certainly led a sheltered life.

Even though she saw the Iron Supersoldier, she really doesn't seem to have much of a grasp on how dangerous a situation she's gotten herself in allying with Chiko. Though you have to give her a lot of credit for showing Chiko a simpler, happier side to life, and giving her the clue she needed to go to the island. Chiko would never have seen the movie preview on her own.

Not to mention that once Chiko was out of the way, Koito has really good aim. She got the glasses on the guy's face, and rolled the abacus right under his foot as he was charging. That doesn't make her any less naive.

Ken went a little emo too, but given the glimpse of his past, I guess we can see why.

I keep expecting Tome to have some secret skills she's been hiding from the family, something to make her invaluable in Chiko's search for Twenty Faces. Blame it on the voice actress' role of Sayoko in Code Geass I suppose.

Munsu
Wed, 06-25-2008, 06:47 AM
Here's 10 by Live-eviL:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_10_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B2A968043%5D.mkv.torrent

Still haven't had a chance to watch 9, hopefully I'll get to these two tonight.

Kraco
Wed, 06-25-2008, 10:49 AM
They certainly nicely built it to look like Ken had snapped and become a murderer. I had hard time believing so but I was actually beginning to until the... whatever it was that showed up in the ruins.

However, since this was basically a trap, I guess it means Chiko is pretty much back in square one.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-25-2008, 11:30 AM
I wonder if she would delve into depression again.

Yukimura
Wed, 06-25-2008, 03:01 PM
The look she gave her mom was awesome, I almost thought I was looking at a shounen hero who'd just been told something was impossible.

There's something that's been bugging me though, this show is supposed to take place in a modified post WWII Japan right?

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-25-2008, 03:21 PM
This show is supposed to take place in the late 1950s, early 1960s, our reality.

All this events that Ojisan was involved in and the things Chiko keeps getting pulled into were top-secret developed by the military that might have turned the War if they were perfected and came out (from all manner of countries). There was the Japanese Supertank, the Aerial Flying Fortress sunk under the ocean, the Human Tank genetic experiments that Twenty Faces actually worked on, and the one Kayama and her assistant used on themselves in an attempt to complete the research, and now this doll-woman that had allegedly been cut into by Ojisan himself.

With Kayama's retelling, it's very likely this doll woman was telling the truth about Twenty Faces working on her. He was into the medical side of this research.

...and none of this is really all that far-fetched. There was a lot of nasty military research and experimentation going on during both World Wars, and some pretty brutal medical experiements performed. The Japanese and the Nazis are well known for doing horrible "medical" experiements on the Chinese and Jews respectively. There was plenty of high-tech stuff too. The Germans were developing jet turnbine aircraft that would have turned the war around...had they not been defeated before mass production could occur. There were also tons of rumors that many German nuclear scientists ended up in the Soviet Union. The Americans just beat them on the development of that one. WWI had its fair share of attrocities in weapons technology as well.

So a lot of these things are exaggerated (and the supertank would have sucked in real practice) but there is a fair amount of truth behind them. As the one episode in China showed, there was a lot of hatred for the Japanese in China right after the war ended.

Kraco
Tue, 07-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Face 11 of 22:

Episode 11 - Live-evil (http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_11_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B209C13D9%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - -

The story is getting just a bit thick with the total hypnosis power of the immortal magician bitch. I don't feel like she really belong to this story at all with such fancy powers. I wish they had kept this closer to earth. It shouldn't have been impossible to come up with believable enemies without too much unrealism.

Well, in any case I'm happy Chiko finally left the building. It was getting ridiculous already how she kept living there with a person who didn't want anything more than her death. I hope she will now put her thief skills to good use and get to business for real - and get rid of the murderous bitch as well, if there exists a way to kill her at all.

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-08-2008, 08:46 PM
[I wrote this excellent post about how this series falls into the genre of pulp crime novels with a bit of the 60s literary vibe, comparing the "Dark Science" we've seen in it to the Post-War Era literary shift that Science Fiction suffered as a result of the fear surrounding the creation of atomic bombs (noting how this is particularly poignant to the Japanese), and it was all lost in a browser crash. C'est la vie.]

Anyway, while it won't be nearly as persuasive as what I had previously written, I respectfully disagree with most of what you wrote responding to this episode Kraco.

I don't find a problem with the "white haired demon" now that her powers are revealed to be some manner of hypnosis. We really cannot trust anything we've seen of her in prior episode. She's able to make people see what she wants them to see, and react in the manner she pleases. Do we even know that she was ever in that room with the murdered man? Perhaps she merely took care of everything in a short meeting (making the target murder himself) and intervening with the police in the hallway while making her way to the roof. They'd see her "murder" the man, and then leap out the window, only to have that vision fade.

Were any of her physical feats in the last episode performed in the same illusory manner? Perhaps it's too soon to say.

I think everything we've seen fits very well into the realm of 1960s sci-fi, as I tried to reiterate above.

I'm also not sure Chiko has left the house for good. It's possible that she is leaving permanently so that those she cares about will not end up getting hurt, but it may just be a special case for this woman. I think it's too soon for her to end her still-budding relationships in Tokyo.

I also think Chiko could have offed or neutralized her aunt several hundred times by now if she truly wished it. But revenge is beneath Chiko, she just lets it all glide over her.

EDIT: ugh, this post is far from my best work. Too discouraged to write something properly persuasive.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-09-2008, 01:18 AM
I bet that post is not as persuasive as your first one, but l will agree it nonetheless.

I think that the magician girl is a combination of biology and illusions. I think the earlier episode concerning the mutant tank guy was to ease in the idea of body manipulation, thus making the magician girl's body and superhuman feats possible. The rest of her unbelievable actions are probably achieved through sleight of hand, illusions and hypnotism (it is quite obvious that all of them are magic show related, like escaping while hung by the feet, disappearing, the flying hand and the like).

I agree with Ryll's last statement. While it seems stupid to live in the nest of a murderous snake, it is not as dangerous if you are a snake handler (of sorts). To put it simply, the aunt is simply unable to kill Chiko because of a difference in intellect etc. I mean, she was unable to kill her before she was trained physically and mentally by 20 faces. She could have lived there comfortably with relative safety, and has enough reason to do so, such as being able to stay with her maid, friend, and of course simply having a roof over her head.

Now, it is quite different. She might consider it her fault that things turned out this way, and leave for the sake of her newfound friends.

Kraco
Wed, 07-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Just to make sure you didn't get me wrong, I never meant Chiko would kill her aunt. Maybe my last paragraph was a bit mixed, but nonetheless I meant she would now, having left her home, concentrate on getting rid of the magician woman as well as finding Twenty faces. After all, the magician is an imminent danger to everybody, even random people, while her aunt only wanted to kill Chiko.

Munsu
Sat, 07-26-2008, 10:16 PM
12 bitches by Live-eviL:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_12_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B5A1D332D%5D.mkv.torrent

Ryllharu
Sun, 07-27-2008, 07:45 AM
I hate when they add lame sound effects to the OP.

Good episode though. Twenty Faces shows up, and surprise surprise, he was on at least one occasion hiding as Akechi.

You have to feel bad for Akine though. We knew he was a depressed loser, but now we know a little more about why. Losing his sister in the middle of post-war depression, she just vanished completely. Sure, he had his little selfish thought for a second, but then he did come to his senses and start looking for her right away.

I have to admit that when they told that story, I immediately thought about the white-haired woman. If Kayama and her now-dead partner were continuning the research into Super Soldiers, well after the war was over, it's not so hard to believe that someone could have taken Akine's sister after she was separated and used her. Post-War orphans were cheap and in large supply...and there's no way to tell how old the White Haired woman really is.

Yukimura
Mon, 07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Glad to see Twenty Faces back in action, though it kind of sucks what happened to him, I was expecting a more badass outcome.

Daughter of Twenty Faces - 13 (1280x720 H.264) - [Live-evil] (http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_13_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5BBBD077B0%5D.mkv.torrent)

Daughter of Twenty Faces - 13 (XviD) - [Live-evil] (http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_13_SD_(xvid%2Cmp3)_%5B9ACBF572%5D.avi.torrent)

staffcc
Mon, 07-28-2008, 02:13 PM
That was kind of lame, I mean the end... I just started watching this and marathoned it last night, and it was kind of anticlimactic...

Still, I am looking forward to the next episodes...

saman
Mon, 07-28-2008, 04:18 PM
this episode is very frustrating. twenty faces comes up out of nowhere, takes over white haired lady's research, then decides all by himself that it's not good research, leaving white-hair out in the cold with her life's work burning down around her, and the only problem she has with him is that he left her all alone?

Board of Command
Mon, 07-28-2008, 11:17 PM
I still don't get how she was able to transfer from body to body. Her "power" explains how she's able to control her puppet-like body, but that has nothing to do with jumping from one body to another remotely.

staffcc
Tue, 07-29-2008, 03:47 AM
Is she actually jumping? Maybe she gained the ability to control from afar, like a remote, and since it uses a lot of concentration, her original body becomes immobile?

Munsu
Tue, 08-12-2008, 09:35 PM
14:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_14_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5BD77E855C%5D.mkv.torrent

Death13a
Thu, 09-04-2008, 10:00 PM

SD: http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_15_SD_(xvid%2Cmp3)_%5B9EDFFE6D%5D.avi.torrent

HD: http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_15_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B938586FE%5D.mkv.torrent

Name for Trio:
Detective Girls
Detective Women
Beautiful Detective Girls

Fun episode

Ryllharu
Fri, 09-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Excellent episode. From Koito's imagination to Tome admitting she was a bit into girls as well when she was their age. Akine even got to show off his cool side.

I hope they get into a storyline where Akine hunts for his sister, but I do have a bad feeling about it. She just disappeared Post War, right off the street. Orphans and the kind of "evil science" that this series focuses on are never a good mix.

Munsu
Thu, 09-18-2008, 07:13 AM
16-18:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_16_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5BF106B018%5D.mkv.torrent
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_17_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5BE7B70FB2%5D.mkv.torrent
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_18_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5BD989E3AF%5D.mkv.torrent

I'm getting a bit annoyed with Chiko... she's still completely useless for the most part. She has all these skills and is unable to do anything with them.

Ryllharu
Fri, 09-19-2008, 04:43 AM
I think this time at least, Chiko's inability to do anything was understandable. Just like in the first Iron Soldier arc, Chiko couldn't do anything but run. Here, Miyuki Sawashiro's character (can't remember the name but still love the voice) had to save Ken.

Chiko was dominant in the episodes about The Dectective Girls, but she's starting to deal with some rather scary people who have a total lack of morals about creating monsters of themselves and third-parties. Worse, she's always been on public display, leading all these people to come after her in hopes of taking the legacy. The ones who don't even know what the legacy really is are fine, Chiko takes care of them without breaking a sweat. It's the true foes of Twenty-Faces that she can't stop.

I find it at least a little refreshing that she wasn't trained into some type of superhuman. Other than being very acrobatic, she's still very much a normal girl as I think Tome said a little while ago. Twenty Faces himself gets stabbed, blown up, or otherwise nearly burned to death every time someone from his darker past shows up. He has to defeat them by taking advantage of the situation (usually because he and Chiko are the first to react) rather than using some absurd skill or overwhelming force.

On another note, I can't seem to shake the connection between Tome and Akine. She just might be the right age to be his lost sister, and for some reason my mind keeps fixating on the two of them when they are together.

Munsu
Fri, 09-19-2008, 05:37 AM
It's not really about her being physically capable of taking on these "super soldier" types... But the show has her repeating the "Observe, think, etc." line over and over, and she ALWAYS (except for her aunt) ends up being duped, or she can never come up with a workable strategy to get through her troubles.

I guess I just have a problem with the show trying to make Chizuko this smart little girl who's the heir to Twenty-Faces just to have her making dumb decision over and over.

Munsu
Sat, 09-20-2008, 03:27 PM
19:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_19_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B5F321315%5D.mkv.torrent

Munsu
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:49 PM
And here's 20:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_20_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B9DB3DB93%5D.mkv.torrent

Come on, who's still watching... Ryllharu and that's it?

saman
Fri, 10-24-2008, 03:22 PM
*raises hand*

thanks bud!

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Ugh, what a horrible cliffhanger!

I'm certainly looking forward to the secret to defeating the monster siblings is. I really thought Chiko had the doctor for a minute there, but I suppose it's too early for any resolution in the story.

Munsu
Sat, 01-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Back from the dead with 21:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_21_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5BDC562713%5D.mkv.torrent

One more episode to go if not mistaken.

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Good episode, a conclusion to the main story. I have mixed feelings about a few things though. I wonder if the next episode will be either an omake episode or a time-jump epilogue 5-10 years later.

The microwave thing kind of bothered me. If it destroyed metal objects and shocked Chiko's hand, why didn't in fry her body immediately? I suppose if it were "wide enough" beams (like a microwave column in space transmitting power from solar arrays might) it wouldn't affect anything until it got to the point of conversion like the Professor said.

Either way...the jewel was a total deus ex machina and I thought it was really lame.

I liked that Ken and Kayama will be going off together, they were a good fit.

(Note to self: When replacing hands with metal hands, be sure to install grip pads on palms of metallic hands.)

Munsu
Tue, 09-08-2009, 01:43 AM
8 months later... we finally get the finale, here's episode 22:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/%5BLive-eviL%5D_The_Daughter_of_Twenty_Faces_-_22_HD_(h264%2Caac)_%5B1FD6F348%5D.mkv.torrent

Haven't done any anime watching in quite a bit, maybe I can regain my groove with this one.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 09-08-2009, 02:04 AM
Wait, was this released late or was it just subbed late? I can't remember if I have seen this episode or not yet.

Munsu
Tue, 09-08-2009, 02:08 AM
It aired about a year ago. It was just subbed and released. Very much doubt you've seen it.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 09-08-2009, 02:36 AM
If it was aired a year ago, chances are I have seen the raw, but I will still check it out to be sure.

I don't remember it clearly, but I feel that I have seen the conclusion.

Ryllharu
Tue, 09-08-2009, 05:37 PM
That was a nice, refreshing ending to a series that was surprisingly pleasant in how classic it felt.

I had forgotten how entertaining Koito was.

Munsu
Tue, 12-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Finally watched the final episodes of this series. Really enjoyed this one, and I really like when a series has that "aftermath" episode to it. It always seems to give me some good closure. Also liked how they tied up the ending with the Twenty-Faces crew planning to steal the ruby that will set future events in motion for Chiko.