PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 167

Penner
Wed, 04-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Bleach 167 out by DB (http://dattebayo.com/t/b167.torrent)

Very good ep, doesnt beat the last ep (didn't really expect it to either since the last ep owned arse) but great nonetheless.

Really liked the background info on Grimmjow but i wanted to see his actual transformation from the cat-form to his human form.

Also, when he flew towards Grimmjow at the end of the fight, that was the first time in Bleach i've thought the "Number One" melody actually fit, usually it's just silly (the vocal version sucks balls tbh) but this time it felt better placed :P

Sluma
Wed, 04-16-2008, 11:21 PM
**Spoiler

Not quite sure what to make of the last scene from shinigami illustrated picture book. Are they just screwing around or changing gears and not planning to cover Hueco Mundo for a bit? I might just be reading too much into it :P

Jessper
Thu, 04-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Whats with the change in the ending? To the Next Episode? It has ALWAYS been To Be Continued. I wonder if this is some hint that they are going into a long filler break.

The episode was good, Grimmjow's end was great, I'll miss his character.

Moonfire
Thu, 04-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Looks like fillers start next week.

kmkze04
Thu, 04-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Yep, I'd say the Shinigami's cup paired with the preview gives a good idea that a filler arc is coming up. How long it'll be who knows...
Hopefully not long, since Naruto isn't going anywhere.

Sam98034
Thu, 04-17-2008, 02:57 AM
So when Ichigo defeated him, was he in like a "half-hollow" form? His right eye was not black on that last hit he gave him. Was there any reason for this? Is he stronger in the hh form? Maybe there's no real significance.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-17-2008, 04:30 AM
I think it was just there to show his hollow powers were running out.

Anyway, it was awesome finding out how a Hollow becomes a Gillian, and a Gillian becomes an Adjuchas, and how an Adjuchas becomes a Vasto Lorde.

What they still haven't shown us is how a hollow, of any level, becomes an Arrancar. Where there Arrancar before Aizen came? Or is that something he does with the Hogeyeku?

And another thing, those other Adjuchas in Grimmjows "gang", the ones he ate. Those were the arrancar that attacked Karakura with him earlier and they died then. Did he not really eat them? Or does taking one bite out of them count?

Obviously they did end up becoming Vasto Lordes anyway since they all had human-like forms in the end.

Darknodin
Thu, 04-17-2008, 04:32 AM
pretty cool ep... it was interesting to see how hollows gain power. Also, have we ever seen a non-arrancar Vasto Lorde? (I don't think Grimmjow ever became one).
also.. I doubt that Grimmjow is dead.

oh... just realized... Grimmjow's adjuchas' team is the same that followed him to the real world in the previous arc.

Sam98034
Thu, 04-17-2008, 05:37 AM
Well they never explained exactly how a Adjuchas turns into Vasto Lorde, that was conveniently left out. And from the outlined one they showed, the non-arrancar Vasto Lorde look similar to #4 with a full mask I guess. But they're probably each unique.

Tyreal
Thu, 04-17-2008, 06:57 AM
I think it was just there to show his hollow powers were running out.
What they still haven't shown us is how a hollow, of any level, becomes an Arrancar. Where there Arrancar before Aizen came? Or is that something he does with the Hogeyeku?

This was already answered in a previous episode. The Privon Espada were all created without the use of the Hōgyoku. However we still haven't been shown exactly how they are created.

Obviously they did end up becoming Vasto Lordes anyway since they all had human-like forms in the end.

Wrong, they were just Adjuchas, they just happened to go into a human form when they were transformed into Arrancar. Remember the stronger an Arrancar the more likely it is they'll end up in a human form, using this logic it's possible for even a weak hollow to end up in human form. It's just very unlikely. And considering they were all Adjuchas they had a good chance to end up in human form.

In fact I think all of the Arrancar up to (but not including Ulquiorra are simply Adjuchas, I'm not sure on this. I'm simply basing it off the fact that Yammy is an Arrancar, Aaroniero Arruruerie is a Gillian and Grimmjaw is a Adjuchas.

Sapphire
Thu, 04-17-2008, 08:59 AM
So the personality of Grimm is just an accumulation of a bajillion different hollows?

Kraco
Thu, 04-17-2008, 10:38 AM
No. When one soul in a Gillian is overpowering, it will take over the mass. The rest are just food. After all, normally they will all but disappear when a Gillian is formed. But if one refuses to disappear, an Adjuchas may form. So, it's pretty safe to say the personality of Grimm is the personality of Grimm plus a shitload of cruel experiences in the Hollow Wonderland.

kmkze04
Thu, 04-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Did anyone else notice unlike the other Arrancar who died, Grimm's form did not release at his "death"? And Ichigo didn't react much to "killing" his first semi-human. I'm wondering if Grimm may make a sudden reappearance later and save Ichigo in some battle.

Archangel
Thu, 04-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Wouldn't be the first time i just hope he doesn't become some sort of vegeta.

Well this episode kicked ass, it was fun to check out how gillian are born and the final blow to grim was also awesome. Overall, a great birthday present lol

Still, can't help to be a little sad since the fillers are coming up but then again bleach fillers have always been quite good at least in comparison to other animes featuring blond retarded ninjas...

redcat
Thu, 04-17-2008, 02:21 PM
so grim popped both of ichigos kidneys but hes fine but one little stab with his sword in about the same spot is too much for grim? wtf were those beams of light? wow

at least grims released form isn't as ridiculous looking as sasukes.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Didn't you all notice how Ichigo made an effort to catch his body and gently lay it down? I doubt Grimmjow's dead, he's more likely just out for the count like the Privarion Espada guy was. Ichigo doesn't make a habit of killing his foes, instead he becomes their friend (remind you of anyone?).

And yes, Bleach fillers are starting up around the same time as Naruto fillers! Isn't it just awesome?!

Sam98034
Thu, 04-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Well, Grim saved his life, so he's returning the favor. And also, when Ichigo got stabbed, Grims hand didn't go through, so it wasn't that deep. However, Ichigo's sword went all the way through. That seems like a good explanation, hope you buy that.

ForteCross
Thu, 04-17-2008, 06:19 PM
it didnt go through, it took ichigo like, half a second to get the sword out of grimm's body, and a 'fat' hand hurts a hell of alot than just a thin blade...

Archangel
Fri, 04-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah but if i'm not mistaken the sword hit right on the heart. Now i don't know much about hollow anatomy but since he's an arrancar and has a human body (more or less) that's got to be a vital point of some sort.

Jeff_from_MD
Fri, 04-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Yea grimmjow kicks ass!

I sure hope he didn't die though. Because him and that black dude with the shades still had some tension going on not yet resolved. I wouldn't mind seeing Grimmjow at least stir up some undignified trouble with Aizen's men.

wacapou
Fri, 04-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Grimm's reaction to Ichigo's overpowered finishing blow was lame? Come on, a moment before he was like "Damn you Kurosaki I'll crush you, you're finished!" and right when Ichigo starts talking nonsense (YEAH I'M TAKING EVERYONE BACK YOU DUMBASS) he's all WTF and doesn't try to dodge or block the attack.

Archangel
Fri, 04-18-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't think that the problem was he didn't want to dodge as much as he couldn't dodge it. I mean for one thing he was already pretty beaten up , he had just used his ultimate technique that surely used up allot of his power and there was that small hesitation after seeing his ace card being destroyed like it was nothing.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-18-2008, 07:42 PM
it didnt go through, it took ichigo like, half a second to get the sword out of grimm's body, and a 'fat' hand hurts a hell of alot than just a thin blade...It went all the way through. They SHOWED the sword sticking out of his back.

Sam98034
Sat, 04-19-2008, 12:37 AM
I wonder if the hollows have any body armor around their hole. First of all, it'd be hard to get a sword in there, but if you could and just slice up or down, would it do a lot of damage? Would it be a weak spot? But I guess why speculate if you can't prove one way or the other.

Chiodos
Sat, 04-19-2008, 02:44 AM
I don't think that the problem was he didn't want to dodge as much as he couldn't dodge it. I mean for one thing he was already pretty beaten up , he had just used his ultimate technique that surely used up allot of his power and there was that small hesitation after seeing his ace card being destroyed like it was nothing.

It's still a bullshit factor that when Ichigo just feels like he's having a resolve he just slice 'em up...

Archangel
Sat, 04-19-2008, 10:43 AM
It's still a bullshit factor that when Ichigo just feels like he's having a resolve he just slice 'em up...

Welcome to bleach :D

I really wouldn't mind it so much if at least he talked to zangetsu before the power boost, that ossan is badass.

kmkze04
Sat, 04-19-2008, 06:49 PM

Well, he looked near overpowering on Grimm when he went Hollow, but when Inoue made her little scared face and you saw Ichigo's reaction, notice how he suddenly started losing. Spirit and support do count for a lot, in Anime and real life.

Take, for example, in Samurai X, in Kenshin's fight against Tomoe's not yet deceased fiance. He scored a hit on Kenshin due to that spirit, while we've seen Kenshin go against a fair sized platoon of experienced warriors and come out with no injury.

Archangel
Sat, 04-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Well the dude traveled to another dimension and got his ass handed to him on multiple occasions just to have the gil he was saving look at him as he was some kind of freak. Not exactly a moral booster is it...

That had an obvious effect on his performance while battling