PDA

View Full Version : Most hated sidekick/partner

Animeniax
Tue, 04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Who is the most annoying sidekick or partner you've wanted to shoot in the back and save the enemies the trouble? I wanted to restrict this to video games, but I haven't played enough co-op type games to make a big enough pool of idiot partners I want to kill.

My vote is Dum, I mean Dom, from Gears of War. This stupid m*therf*cker keeps running out and getting killed and I keep having to go save him to use him as fodder to distract the mobs while I pick them off. I've died so many times trying to revive this meathead, I can't f*cking stand it.

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Shouldn't the obvious choice be Tails? The stupid twin-tailed fox who's only purpose was dying constantly and saving Sonic at the end after he already did all the actual work.

KrayZ33
Tue, 04-15-2008, 04:55 PM
heheee.... you think Gears of War will make you mad because you have to ressurect one guy?

heheheeeee.... try to play Jericho (the horror game), you will do nothing except ressurecting and dying -> switch a character who you just ressurected, die again -> switch to the character you just ressurected etc. etc.

i can't remember their names but i would shoot them all, so the opponents can focus on me...and i on them

Idealistic
Tue, 04-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Tough one.... Mostly every computer controlled partner in a real-time game. I swear, they always end up luring enemies and crap. One example would be your mercenary from Diablo 2. Stupid fux!

And then you have MMOs.... Where this time it's not a computer controlled partner, but another person behind another screen. Stay against the wall!!! Grrrrr...

Animeniax
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Well on hardcore on Gears of War, its really frustrating to have to redo an entire section because Dom gets wounded, then you go try to save him and get killed too. Plus on single player, your partner doesn't even get a chance to revive you, you just die.

I give honorable mention to the 3 idiot members of your assault team on SWAT4. I killed them so many times myself just for getting in my way or ruining a perfect ambush setup by going in too soon.

Sapphire
Wed, 04-16-2008, 07:42 AM
I hate Anita Blake from the Anita Blake novels right now. That bitch.

KrayZ33
Wed, 04-16-2008, 07:48 AM
I give honorable mention to the 3 idiot members of your assault team on SWAT4. I killed them so many times myself just for getting in my way or ruining a perfect ambush setup by going in too soon.

wow this brings back memories.... rainbow six (the old ones with sucky graphics).. your team was fucking stupid, but it was still fun to play... i remember beeing killed by my team 4 times in one level.

the new ones are fin though... especially las vegas

Animeniax
Wed, 04-16-2008, 08:17 AM
I thought your squad members in RB6:Vegas weren't too bad. They actually killed enemies and you could tell them where to go and they wouldn't leave their post.

I always hated Roger Murtaugh from the Lethal Weapon movies. He would basically run around the entire movie yelling out Riggs' name, and saying how he's too old for his job.

animus
Wed, 04-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Sakura from Naruto pre-time skip.

rockmanj
Wed, 04-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Never been a fan of Patroclus from the Iliad...but without him, Achilles wouldn't have fought (his lovely Patroclus -_-)

Yukimura
Wed, 04-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Hands down worst for me would be Natalya from Goldeneye.

Not only did she love to run out and get herself killed constantly by autoguns failing the mission, but sometimes she would just kill you herself by shooting you in the back.

Honorable Mention: Healer Henchmen in Guild Wars.

How hard is it to understand that you shouldn't try to use a touch-range Resurrection skill on a fallen melee character in the middle of a melee battle...

Phoenix20578
Wed, 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM
That fucking sidekick from He-Man who was supposed to be a jester or something. I really want to shoot him point blank with a bazooka.

IFHTT
Wed, 04-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Hands down worst for me would be Natalya from Goldeneye.

Not only did she love to run out and get herself killed constantly by autoguns failing the mission, but sometimes she would just kill you herself by shooting you in the back.

Lol, yeah Natalya was pretty bad... :/

Hmm, just for the sake of naming different characters I will say Navi, Link's fairy from LoZ: Ocarina of Time.

"Hey!"

"Listen!"

Sapphire
Wed, 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
I hate Anita Blake from the Anita Blake novels right now. That bitch.
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3581/mostid4.png

Let me explain. Anita Blake series has so many interesting characters/PARTNERS that are better/MORE EMPHASIZED than her that she is pretty much a side character who sucks. You'd know if you read it.

masamuneehs
Thu, 04-17-2008, 02:37 AM
Snarf? yeah, snarf.

Animeniax
Thu, 04-17-2008, 03:57 AM
I thought Snarfer was both cuter and yet more annoying than Snarf.

edit to below: Sakura didn't really do anything pre-time skip, so it's hard to believe she annoyed you that much. She's a 13 year old girl pre-time skip, so you have to consider that too. Look at Dom in Gears of War: the guy is a trained soldier, but somehow he can't find cover and stay alive longer than 20 seconds. He brings down the entire squad and could seal the fate of humanity because he sucks so bad.

animus
Thu, 04-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Rofl, I got neg repped for saying Sakura. Have you seen the entirety of what she does pre-time skip, or the dudes just being a d-bag.

Sapphire
Thu, 04-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Oh, I forgot about her. I hate her too. Probably more than AB. I also hate her now post time skip. I only liked her when she decided to fight Ino. I'm waiting for her to die off... :D

Animeniax
Thu, 04-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I love the bicycle shorts she wears post-time skip, very nice.

I'll add the dance troupe from EXILE to my list of hated sidekicks/partners. EXILE is a Japanese R&B group where two guys sing and the other 5 members of the group dance in sync the whole time. Can't stand them. R&B is bad enough. J-R&B is worse. Weenie boys who are considered part of a group even though all they do is dance are the worst.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
just about anyone from LOTR; I've hated all the charecters, including those I don't remember.

Board of Command
Thu, 04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Brock from Pokemon.

Animeniax
Mon, 04-21-2008, 08:13 AM
I didn't like Kumar in Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle. I didn't like how he kept goading Harold into his wacky schemes that caused all kinds of problems for Harold.

Inazuma
Mon, 04-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Haro from G00

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 04-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Miroku from Inuyasha.

Chapter 10576/Episode 4882: "Any day now, this cursed Black Hole of 'I Win' is going to consume me....any day now..."

Mr Squiggles
Mon, 04-21-2008, 05:26 PM
robin, what a little douchebag
batman shouldn't have to put up with him...

Animeniax
Mon, 04-21-2008, 11:18 PM
robin, what a little douchebag
batman shouldn't have to put up with him...
Which Robin though? Cause there was more than one. I think there had been 4 (including the girl one from the future) when I stopped reading a few years back.

IFHTT
Tue, 04-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Lenny from Of Mice and Men...

Eurasian
Tue, 04-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Lenny from Of Mice and Men...
haha I totally agree with you.
He made me cry. ='(

Animeniax
Tue, 04-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Yeah but did you hate him or pity him? Or did you hate him because you had to pity him?

Mizuchi
Tue, 04-22-2008, 06:17 PM
the black guy from yugioh

animus
Tue, 04-22-2008, 07:20 PM
There's a black guy in Yu-Gi-Oh?

Abdula
Tue, 04-22-2008, 07:22 PM
My thoughts exactly, perhaps he is talking about Odion if so I completely agree.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Lol on the subject of Yugioh, going to have to go with Tea. Even tard-ball Tristan manages to do useful things once in a while by being a meat shield. Tea just stands around and whines about friendship.

Honorable Mention: Mokuba. I don't remember him every appearing in more than 2 consecutive episodes wihtout getting kidnapped.

Mizuchi
Fri, 04-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Lol on the subject of Yugioh, going to have to go with Tea. Even tard-ball Tristan manages to do useful things once in a while by being a meat shield. Tea just stands around and whines about friendship.

Honorable Mention: Mokuba. I don't remember him every appearing in more than 2 consecutive episodes wihtout getting kidnapped.

abridged ftw

Animeniax
Fri, 04-25-2008, 04:43 AM
I love everyone in the abridged series.

I hated pretty much all of the sidekicks on the Gundam 08th MS team. I also hated Keith from 0083, though ensign Uraki was pretty obnoxious as a lead character, so you can't completely blame the sidekick for being dumb.

Chiodos
Sat, 04-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Chewbacca from Star Wars.

Edid: Omg at post below : P

Kraco
Sat, 04-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Chewbacca? You can't be serious. He was one of the better characters. And the only character Lucas actually managed to write good lines to...

Animeniax
Fri, 01-30-2009, 07:03 AM
I have to resurrect this thread to say that Dumb from Gears of War 2 has not improved at all as a soldier or sidekick, and has in fact gotten worse since the first game. He now steals your cover positions and draws enemy fire to you by hugging your nuts. Conversely, when you want him to stay with you, he runs ahead and triggers the next enemy attack and gets killed, and once again you have to go rescue his dumb ass or you fail the mission.

Also, I hate the brat who sells out his siblings for cookies from the first Chronicles of Narnia movie, though all the kids are pretty f*cking obnoxious.

Nadouku
Fri, 01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
From Shadow the Hedgehog, anyone that pairs up with Shadow is totally useless (except for Sonic, he auto-homes onto enemies). Tails just sits around and reminds Shadow what to do every freaking minute, Knuckles just taunts his enemies like a jerk, Vector just says "Where's the computer room!?" in a computer level, and the list goes on.

Paper
Fri, 01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Ashley from Re4 was so f*cking annoying, even though I played as Leon and I'm suppose to be saving Ashley she tags along for majority of the game so she consider to be a partner since she also helps out ...........a little, but besides that she useless all I did in the game was save Ashley majority of the time while she continues to bitch.

darkmetal505
Fri, 01-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Ashley from Re4 was so f*cking annoying, even though I played as Leon and I'm suppose to be saving Ashley she tags along for majority of the game so she consider to be a partner since she also helps out ...........a little, but besides that she useless all I did in the game was save Ashley majority of the time while she continues to bitch.

Her alternate costume made up for it. The ridiculous thing about RE4 was waiting the whole game to get a helicopter to save you.

Paper
Fri, 01-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Her alternate costume made up for it. The ridiculous thing about RE4 was waiting the whole game to get a helicopter to save you.

I agree completley, Re4 was suppose to be challenging since were suppose to fend off parastie infected villagers while protecting Ashley which was more annoying then challenging.

Animeniax
Fri, 01-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Ashley was a hot young girl in a desperate situation and a miniskirt and sleeveless sweater. Can you really be that annoyed at a hot young girl in a desperate situation while wearing a miniskirt and sleeveless sweater?

Compare that hot young girl in a miniskirt and sleeveless sweater to a big dumb smelly mook like Dom from Gears of War. There's no comparison. He's a trained soldier fighting for humanity's survival. At least he's supposed to be. Cut the hot chick some slack.

Xelbair
Fri, 01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Have any of you played Tears to Tiara?
see thole little elves... most annoying partners ever, same with Arthur there. But the game is fun