PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 397

deadlydreamx
Fri, 04-11-2008, 01:41 AM
scan by binktopia (http://mangashare.com/download/806-36d0cf4f5bd5eb8fc00c5b832c98413f.zip)

Y
Fri, 04-11-2008, 02:43 AM
A bunch of pages of Sasuke sitting up in bed breathing heavily and two revelations: Sasuke now has the Mangekyou Sharingan and Uchiha Itachi had good intentions all along. I hope no one is surprised by either of these at this point.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Leave it to Sasuke to fuck up the anticipated revealing of Tobi's identity, way to go.

rockmanj
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:11 AM
I guess the hunch that Itachi really was a good guy was correct (much to a lot of people's chagrin, I suppose.) I just wonder how he transferred the mangekyou to Sasuke just by touching his forehead...

Tobydelaroka
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:28 AM
I really wanted to believe Itachi is a good guy... but what if Tobi is lying? Just another conspiracy theory to use Sasuke bla bla bla... Kyuubi is bad... and go kill Naruto.
Tobi had the same scar like Naruto?
Aww no Naruto next week? damn it! so much puzzle... :p
k going to sleep.

Tenbatsu
Fri, 04-11-2008, 06:50 AM
So this means sasuke got all itachis mangekyou teqs?.. Does that mean he got susano...? And if he activates his own mangekyou will it automaticly become an eternal since it got itachis "eye powers" ?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 04-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Finally confirmation that Itachi wasnt as bad as we thought. I am sure that everyone knew that there was some other motive to him killing everyone. But I dont think that I mind the "protecting Sasuke" thing. I could be that after learning about how dangerous his clan could be Itachi wanted to kill them to make sure that they never took over and to make sure that they didnt slaughter one another for eyes. So he stepped in a killed them all. Kinda noble I guess...

Raven
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Why am I not surprised that we still didn't see Tobi's face. And Itachi a good guy? Doesn't surprise me either. I smell a Snape-like flashback coming on.

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Lame.
Just a stupid excuse to make Sasuke even more powerful.
If transferring ones technique was that easily, any Shinobi could become a Kage.

Psyke
Fri, 04-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Itachi = good guy = sucks. :(

Yukimura
Fri, 04-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Well Itachi actually having an ulterior motive isn't really a surprise I just hope the story of why is good.

What I find much more interesting is:
Madara's face had similar whisker like lines on it like Naruto's does. It takes effort to draw three lines on a face which leads me to believe they were put there for a reason. We know the Yin chakra of the Kyubii went to Naruto and the Yang chakra is somewhere else. I may be misremembering and it's the case that only the Yin chakra that is able to mix with Naruto's at the moment and that key unlocks the Yang chakra which is also in him, in which case this next theory is moot though. However, if the Yang chakra is somewhere other than Naruto then I think it's possible Madara could have managed to get his hands on it from wherever the Fourth decided to stuff it and make himself a Jinchuuriki.

And begrudgingly, Saskuke's sharingan status is an interesting mystery as well. How did Itachi do it? Tobi is infinitely cool and collected so he didn't let his surprise phase him, but his comments seem to indicate he really didn't know Itachi could have transfered his abilities to Sasuke. If he didn't know it could be done at all how does he know Sasuke got all of the Mangekyou abilities Itachi has instead of just an anti-Sharingan Amaterasu.

Assertn
Fri, 04-11-2008, 11:40 AM
I had mentioned before (I believe it was in irc though), that there were only really 3 realistic outcomes to the sasuke vs itachi fight...

Nobody wins and both retreat (lame)
Someone interferes with the fight and Itachi sacrifices himself
Sasuke kills Itachi but Itachi ends up being good

What obviously could NEVER happen, however...

Sasuke is killed by Itachi
Sasuke kills Itachi and Itachi is bad

The reason why Itachi cannot both be evil and be killed at the hands of Sasuke is because that would mark the end of Sasuke's purpose in the series. Just as Kakashi said a long while back, if Sasuke's revenge is complete, then he will have nothing more to live for. We also know that Kishimoto has big plans for Sasuke this year, so his role cannot be concluded so soon.

No doubt Itachi's death will be a scar that will probably follow Sasuke for the rest of his life (which I'm still kind of surprised Kishi gave him so soon), but this could also fuel a newfound hatred that motivates him for the rest of the series.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 04-11-2008, 11:58 AM
I knew somewhere deep inside this was going to happen. Itachi being a good guy that is. I also thought I was going to hate it. But I didn't, because of the last page. Madara put it in a way that just succeeds in making Itachi seem like the most tragic, misunderstood person in the series. Without knowing anything about what actually makes him "not so bad", we seem to KNOW that his decision to walk the path he did was made, knowing that he would die, without anyone ever understanding, including the one he cared for most. How...epic. This writer has some skill.

Oh, and this is pretty funny:

Tobi: "Somehow, at the last second, he transfered all his eye techniques into you."

Sasuke: "...That makes no sense..."

Yes, this is the second time the series that even the characters are realizing the world they exist in makes no fucking sense. Explain how Itachi lost already!

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 12:08 PM
RIP Itachi. :(
MY EYESSSSS~!!!!

I'm still crying inside at the forehead tap.

I can already tell Sasuke is going crazy by the way he goes haa... haa.. huu.. hee all the time.

haa. huu....huu.

Maybe the next chapter will explain why Itachi joined Akatsuki. (And why is Tobi telling Sasuke this) Overall I think the execution of how things went down is going really well. Yaay for Sasuke being all satisfied for like 3 hours, and having his hopes crushed later! I'm surprised Itachi did this for Kohona, I would have thought he would only do it for his brother, but I still think it's amazing what he did. (And apparently the only one who thinks so)

Idealistic
Fri, 04-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Itachi = good guy = sucks. :(

Yeah...

However, this will just play a bigger role in Kakashi's warning to Sasuke about revenge. Not only is it wrong, but now we find out that Itachi himself was never to be blamed. Sooooo Sasuke just owned himself.

So umm... Was Madara controlling Itachi or what? It's kind of a bunch of bs to say Itachi was good after those horrible evil-ish things he's said to Sasuke and the whole story about obtaining the MS.

February
Fri, 04-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Wow..this is a serious deep twist. I was suspicious of Itachi being a good guy but I never dared to second think it.

I agree with how Itachi transferring all his eye power to Sasuke at the last moment with the poke is really lame but oh well. I am still confused as to why Sasuke only has 1 sharingan.

Itachi wanted to protect Sasuke maybe because he saw potential in Sasuke to kill Madara? No, it must be deeper than that...
Anyhow, If Itachi did want to protect Sasuke, I have no clue why he had to fight him

Mhalador
Fri, 04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Itachi only used one eye to use amaterasu, so chances are the mangekyou only activated in one eye for Sasuke because that was all that was needed. Though it's weird because Itachi used his right eye to cast it and Sasuke's used the left eye. There was some speculation that the Mangekyou techniques were tied to a specific eye but meh.

Kusanagi
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Madara's face had similar whisker like lines on it like Naruto's does. It takes effort to draw three lines on a face which leads me to believe they were put there for a reason. We know the Yin chakra of the Kyubii went to Naruto and the Yang chakra is somewhere else. I may be misremembering and it's the case that only the Yin chakra that is able to mix with Naruto's at the moment and that key unlocks the Yang chakra which is also in him, in which case this next theory is moot though. However, if the Yang chakra is somewhere other than Naruto then I think it's possible Madara could have managed to get his hands on it from wherever the Fourth decided to stuff it and make himself a Jinchuuriki.

I think I read somewhere that Madara was responsible for the Kyuubi attacking Konoha resulting in the Fourth sealing the Kyuubi in Naruto?? I could be wrong though. But if my memory doesn't suck and that actually did happen, it's possible that Naruto only has the Yin chakra because Madara kept the Yang chakra when he sent the Kyuubi. I could be wrong thought, don't really remember where I read that.

Also I think Itachi told Naruto everything a few chapters ago when they had a conversation that was left out. So Naruto probably knows everything now and in a couple of chapters Naruto will have a MS that Itachi gave him or some other badass power.

I still think Sasuke will be Madara's bitch and the end of the manga will be Naruto vs Sasuke.

Sidnne
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I guess the hunch that Itachi really was a good guy was correct (much to a lot of people's chagrin, I suppose.) I just wonder how he transferred the mangekyou to Sasuke just by touching his forehead...

I'm trying to think back to the chapter, without actually going back to look at it, but I seem to remember the blood running down from Sasuke's forehead and into his eye. Did that happen or am I imagining it? If that happened, that could explain it.

Those don't really look like whisker lines to me. They have a fleshy depth to them and appear to be more like wrinkles or scars.

Also I think Itachi told Naruto everything a few chapters ago when they had a conversation that was left out. So Naruto probably knows everything now and in a couple of chapters Naruto will have a MS that Itachi gave him or some other badass power.

That's right. I had forgotten all about that. We still never found out what Itachi said to Naruto. That's bound to raise a few questions now too.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 04-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Interesting chapter. I suspected all along that Itachi was a good guy, and I think I'm one of the few people who is glad that he has proven to have been so. I agree its a bit lame that managed to transfer his MS to Sasuke by just a tap. One thing is clear now though, and that is that throughout the fight Itachi never intended to harm Sasuke, and that is why Sasuke didn't get owned right from the start. Why Itachi decided to get killed by Sasuke, that remains to be seen.

Does anyone have an explaination as to how, after getting hit by Amaterasu, Madara just calmly walks back from the darkness with no damage after a brief struggle? And can someone point out the chapters where Itachi spoke to Naruto in secret? As I remember it were they not interuppted when Itachi detected the arrival of Sasuke? I don't think Itachi actually managed to tell Naruto what he wanted, and that was one of the reason why Naruto was chasing Itachi as well.

I'm still holding out that Itachi is alive somehow. I know its a very bleak prospect now, but his death was just too sudden. Unless Madara gives a convincing explaination as to why Itachi literally just dropped dead, I'm thinking he is in some sort of trance or something.

Abdula
Fri, 04-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm trying to think back to the chapter, without actually going back to look at it, but I seem to remember the blood running down from Sasuke's forehead and into his eye. Did that happen or am I imagining it? If that happened, that could explain it.

Those don't really look like whisker lines to me. They have a fleshy depth to them and appear to be more like wrinkles or scars.

That's right. I had forgotten all about that. We still never found out what Itachi said to Naruto. That's bound to raise a few questions now too.
Yes it was Itachi's blood that went into Sasuke's left eye and I'm pretty sure the fact that blood began flowing out of that same eye when Tobi activated his sharingan was no coincidence.

I don't think they look like whiskers either, they look like old scars, similar to those one would have if say their face was crushed by rocks but I'm not going there.

I don't know why you guys think something happened between Itachi and Naruto because as DB_Hunter stated we weren't shown anything to suggest that something did happen. He tried talking to Naruto and Naruto attacked him, then he asked him one question which Naruto was answering when Sasuke arrived and then Itachi left.

Sidnne
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't know why you guys think something happened between Itachi and Naruto because as DB_Hunter stated we weren't shown anything to suggest that something did happen. He tried talking to Naruto and Naruto attacked him, then he asked him one question which Naruto was answering when Sasuke arrived and then Itachi left.

Yes, Naruto attacked Itachi, but then Itachi did his raven illusion and said "I only wish to talk with you." Then is skips to the scene with Tsunade and Jiraiya speaking for a few pages and goes back to Itachi and Naruto with Naruto laying on the ground.

Naruto asks "why?" The "why" could be either in response to Itachi wanting to talk to him or perhaps to something Itachi said to him. The fact that it switched scenes is what leads me to believe that there may have been some type of conversation between them during that "missing" time. If it didn't switch scenes then I wouldn't think anything of it.

joker-kun
Sat, 04-12-2008, 12:43 AM
I had mentioned before (I believe it was in irc though), that there were only really 3 realistic outcomes to the sasuke vs itachi fight...

Nobody wins and both retreat (lame)
Someone interferes with the fight and Itachi sacrifices himself
Sasuke kills Itachi but Itachi ends up being good
What obviously could NEVER happen, however...
Sasuke is killed by Itachi
Sasuke kills Itachi and Itachi is bad

Yes, it was said in IRC Assertn, while you, Y, and I were discussing it (and probably on other occasions others, as Y said this isn't really something very unexpected).

Chiodos
Sat, 04-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Actually, why would Madara be so fag-ish and tell Sasuke (maybe) the true story? Then what? He'll leave Sasuke, Sasuke rejoins with Naruto and they all jolly go against thy evil : / ?

Y
Sat, 04-12-2008, 03:16 AM
Actually, why would Madara be so fag-ish and tell Sasuke (maybe) the true story? Then what? He'll leave Sasuke, Sasuke rejoins with Naruto and they all jolly go against thy evil : / ?

Tobi obviously doesn't give two shits about Itachi's plan. Not only did he figure everything out beforehand he let Sasuke go ahead and shoot him with Amaterasu, defeated it, then nonchalantly continued his conversation with him. I'm sure he's telling him just to get extra asshole bonus points.

His face is probably fucked up from being crushed by boulders years ago, since he's Obito.

poopdeville
Sat, 04-12-2008, 05:41 AM
Chapters like these make me think Sasuke should go straight to Konoha. His mission is over. Like Dumbledore and Snape, if the Hokage said it was okay for Sasuke to be back, nobody would ask questions. At least, nobody who trusts the Hokage, which is pretty much everybody important. Seriously, ANBU like Sai are double, triple, or quadruple agents, and are still trusted.

Also, this is my new goal: Every post I make about the Naruto manga must somehow relate the Harry Potter series. Especially Snape, Dumbledore, Hermione, and Hagrid. Also, how about some Rule 34 on Hermione and Hagrid?

Sapphire
Sat, 04-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Tobi obviously doesn't give two shits about Itachi's plan. Not only did he figure everything out beforehand he let Sasuke go ahead and shoot him with Amaterasu, defeated it, then nonchalantly continued his conversation with him. I'm sure he's telling him just to get extra asshole bonus points.

The way you said that made him sound so awesome. Go Tobi!
-
If he's really Obito, I guess they better animate Kakashi Gaiden soon (or they going to release that stuff as an OVA or something? It better be good)
-
After all this time of Sasuke going an rogue and killing his brother, I'm going to be pissed if the unlikely event of him rejoining Naruto happens. I'm pretty sure Sasuke thinks he hates Naruto, so Naruto better have to work harder than that to get him to come back! More action with Hebi yaay.

Uberbaka
Sat, 04-12-2008, 08:18 AM
If he really is Obito, then the name thing is such an obvious link then would it be better story wise if they introduce the Gaiden later when the truth is actually revealed. Could explain why they're being slow about animating it.

Munsu
Sat, 04-12-2008, 12:48 PM
I have to agree that those lines are not whiskers of any sort... scars or wrinkles have to be the case.

As for Sasuke having Itachi's techniques, well I really don't think it's something he controls. Probably some of Itachi's techniques will manifest themselves through some sort of triggers, but I think that's just the extent of it for the time being... nothing that Sasuke can currently do of his own free will. But, these guys are also sharingan user and one of their specialties is copying jutsus and what not...

heero
Sat, 04-12-2008, 07:53 PM
I rarely post here but I just find it quite funny that everyone starts saying "I knew it all along" when a year ago most people rejected the "Itachi is a good guy" prediction. http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=15008

Darthmoe
Sat, 04-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Mmmmhmmm, I agree with the above poster.

.noname.silent
Sat, 04-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Well Itachi actually having an ulterior motive isn't really a surprise I just hope the story of why is good.

And begrudgingly, Saskuke's sharingan status is an interesting mystery as well. How did Itachi do it? Tobi is infinitely cool and collected so he didn't let his surprise phase him, but his comments seem to indicate he really didn't know Itachi could have transfered his abilities to Sasuke. If he didn't know it could be done at all how does he know Sasuke got all of the Mangekyou abilities Itachi has instead of just an anti-Sharingan Amaterasu.

I think I read somewhere that Madara was responsible for the Kyuubi attacking Konoha resulting in the Fourth sealing the Kyuubi in Naruto?? I could be wrong though. But if my memory doesn't suck and that actually did happen, it's possible that Naruto only has the Yin chakra because Madara kept the Yang chakra when he sent the Kyuubi. I could be wrong thought, don't really remember where I read that.

I still think Sasuke will be Madara's bitch and the end of the manga will be Naruto vs Sasuke.

read ch 370. it'll tell you where the yin and yang chakra are kept.

Konohamaru
Sun, 04-13-2008, 07:31 AM
I always had suspicion about Itachi and his non killing ways about not killing Asuma, Kakashi and Kuranai when he had the chance. He practically had them feedingo ut his hand in a few seconds. I did continue to think he was a evil guy though. However with reading a lot of threads I reckon Itachi has been a good guy all along. Perhaps he knew of Madara's presence all along and Madara needed the EMS again so Itachi made the hardest decision by killing off the clan and saving only his brother so Madara will have no MS eyes. He needed Sasuke to be strong and what quick way to do that than to piss him off and make your own brother hate you so much he'd do anything to become stronger.

I like the idea of Itachi implanted the MS on Kakashi during that scrap. Kakashi did have the Sharingan on the whole time in the genjutsu so perhaps he learnt/copied it in that short time. I think now Tobi will make Sasuke his companion and in the end of Naruto, a repeat of history will happen.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 04-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Itachi did not 'implant' the MS on Kakashi. We know this because when Itachi and Kakashi met again in the Shippudden era, Itachi was shocked to learn that Kakashi knew of the MS's side effects, meaning he had not expected Kakashi to gain the MS. So there is no way he himself could have given it to Kakashi and yet still had a reaction like that.

SilentSnake
Sun, 04-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Also, Kakashi would have died if he wasn't as strong as he was, Itachi was kinda surprised he survived 3 days of constant "I'm a needle pillow" game.

Don't bother the fact that Kakashi's technique is completely different from Itachi's and implanted MS on Sasuke is "just" copied technique/s.

The blood thing is interesting - ONLY Itachi blood?

EMS requirements - Do you need your brother's EYES or is sth else enough? (like some part of his MS knowledge/techniques).

Itachi might have done sth more than just give Sasuke a fail-safe with fail part to kill Tobi... :>

Konohamaru
Sun, 04-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Do you think Itachi hit Madara with the black flame before in the face? Perhaps that could be one reason he has a mask as opposed to the obvious reason of hiding his identity.

Y
Sun, 04-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Also, Kakashi would have died if he wasn't as strong as he was, Itachi was kinda surprised he survived 3 days of constant "I'm a needle pillow" game.
:>

This was either a deliberate lie by Itachi or just a miswrite, since Itachi almost certainly never had any intentions of kiling anyone and uses Tsukuyomi a bunch of times without ever worrying about it killing anyone.

Abdula
Sun, 04-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Do you think Itachi hit Madara with the black flame before in the face? Perhaps that could be one reason he has a mask as opposed to the obvious reason of hiding his identity.

That would be a no because if he had hit him with Amaterasu before and he survived then implanting it into Sasuke would have been pointless since he would have already known that it wasn't going to work.

I rarely post here but I just find it quite funny that everyone starts saying "I knew it all along" when a year ago most people rejected the "Itachi is a good guy" prediction. http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=15008

Well I for one always believed Itachi was not "a bad guy."

I have to agree that those lines are not whiskers of any sort... scars or wrinkles have to be the case.

As for Sasuke having Itachi's techniques, well I really don't think it's something he controls. Probably some of Itachi's techniques will manifest themselves through some sort of triggers, but I think that's just the extent of it for the time being... nothing that Sasuke can currently do of his own free will. But, these guys are also sharingan user and one of their specialties is copying jutsus and what not...

I agree Madara said that Itachi transferred all his eye techinques to Sasuke so I'm assuming like Amaterasu the others will also have triggers and in future Sasuke will learn to use them of his own free will, yet another bad plot device but if Oro's powers are actually gone then Kishi would need to give Sasuke something else and like I said before one way or another when that battle is over Sasuke would have to get some kind of power up. I honestly don't think Sasuke can copy those jutsus since one of the limits of the sharingan is that it can't copy other kekkei genkai and since Sasuke himself doesn't have MS I don't think its possible, especially if all the MS users possess different techniques.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 04-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Just because Itachi turned out to be "not so bad" doesn't mean he didn't have any intentions of killing people like say, Sasuke, or Kakashi. He had his goals, and he had his obstacles to those goals, and whoever they may have been, he wasn't going to let anyone get in his way probably, including our beloved Hatake Kakashi.

As for Sasuke, I do think he was trying to kill him, but that's because Sasuke seemed strong enough to defend himself against everything, at least against Itachi as he was at the time of the fight. Now, one of two things would've happened if Sasuke couldn't defend. If all was well enough with Itachi, he would've ran away and said something to the effect of "you're still weak? But, if he was short on time for whatever reason, as I imagine he was, he just might have had to make due with the less than ideal situation to accomplish his goals, as I think he did. It could not please me more to hear that Sasuke would've NEVER taken Itachi at full health, and that Madara in fact had a hand in weakening him somehow.

Um...for some reason Itachi put up the "pretense" (might not be a pretense) that he was trying to get Sasuke's eyes. That also giimped him in the fight, because while Sasuke only wants Itachi dead by whatever means necessary, Itachi needed his eyes intact, so he can't just nuke him indiscriminately. He has to be careful. Cuz frankly, if I had amaterasu and wanted to murder someone, the first thing I'd set on fire is their eyes...xD. Oh, and if the eye thing wasn't a pretense, it might've been that, considering there was the greater goal of protecting the ninja world at stake, he just might have taken the eyes to accomplish the job his little brother was too much of wuss to measure up to.

SilentSnake
Sun, 04-13-2008, 04:48 PM
This was either a deliberate lie by Itachi or just a miswrite, since Itachi almost certainly never had any intentions of kiling anyone and uses Tsukuyomi a bunch of times without ever worrying about it killing anyone.

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3493/naruto14218jy5.jpg

I guess it could very well kill him but Itachi left him a chance for survival.

¥»»ÄzäzëL««¥
Sun, 04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
online viewing?

poopdeville
Sun, 04-13-2008, 10:44 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/397/

Sidnne
Mon, 04-14-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm wondering if maybe Itachi didn't just "transplant" his techniques into Sasuke, but actually implanted his consciousness in Sasuke.

It could explain his mysterious death. He pokes Sasuke, transferring his consciousness into him, then his lifeless body drops to the ground. He even evicted Oro to make room for himself :P It could even tie into Tobi keeping Itachi's body.

Garhert
Tue, 04-15-2008, 06:59 AM
If Sasuke can control (in future) all 3 MS-Attacks from Itachi then he is abel to summon that susanno thing right? And the power of Oro is in that jar or whatever or not? Maybe he can release Oros power while using Susanno? Or is that not possible? ^^

SilentSnake
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm wondering if maybe Itachi didn't just "transplant" his techniques into Sasuke, but actually implanted his consciousness in Sasuke.

It could explain his mysterious death. He pokes Sasuke, transferring his consciousness into him, then his lifeless body drops to the ground. He even evicted Oro to make room for himself :P It could even tie into Tobi keeping Itachi's body.

crazy theory :p

I find it interesting that Sasuke's MS was exact same as Itachi's, I know that it was his techniques but those were still Sasuke's eyes.

So it's as if he got itachi's eyes ;)

I wonder what Sasuke's MS will look like and what will it change for "Itachi's" MS in his eyes.

Will they mix creating an EMS? But if that was the case then I suppose Madara would know about it and supposedly feel threatened.

Krbadass
Tue, 04-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Tobi can't be Obito, Obito was a little kid around the time that madara attacked the village with kyuubi. Think about the ages and timelines and know that you can't be right.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 04-15-2008, 02:05 PM

I think this sounds plausable. If Itachi's objective was to protect his little brother, what better way to do it than be with him all the time and bring over his powerful techniques as well?

Munsu
Tue, 04-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Tobi can't be Obito, Obito was a little kid around the time that madara attacked the village with kyuubi. Think about the ages and timelines and know that you can't be right.
Who's arguing that Obito was Madara back then? Suddenly there's a masked person calling himself Tobi/Madara after the "real" Madara was pressumed dead since the time of the First Hokage... It in no way prevents Obito from being Tobi.

And when Kyuubi attacked, Obito was probably around 14 years old... not a little kid. Heck, didn't some of these guys become jounins before the age of 10 and ANBUs and what not?

Garhert
Tue, 04-15-2008, 03:27 PM

Obito was at the same age as Kakashi. The theory that Tobi = Obito means that Madara took over Obitos body. If it's really the case then Tobi and Kakashi are both at the same age now. But only their bodies.

Which means: Madara is 150 years old (right?) but has a 30 years old body.

Sidnne
Tue, 04-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Is it Golden Week in Japan? The end of the chapter so there would be no manga this week.

ruccus
Tue, 04-15-2008, 09:24 PM
So uhhh, no one noticed the Amaterasu was activated in the same eye as the one Itachi plucked out?!!!

Maybe there was no technique. Maybe Itachi had already transfered his eye in Chapter 388 and then the fight started. Also explains why he wasn't himself completely.

As for how he did the Amaterasu without the eye, whos to say he couldn't activate it in Sasuke's eyes like he did after he died?

Abdula
Tue, 04-15-2008, 09:33 PM
So the possibility that Itachi was injured before the battle is not good enough for you nor is the possibility that when he realized that he was going to die he transferred his techniques to his little brother. Plus there is the little fact that Madara told Sasuke that Itachi transferred the techniques to him, with that little poke, right before he died. I don't see why you wish for things to be even more complicated.

ruccus
Tue, 04-15-2008, 10:56 PM
So the possibility that Itachi was injured before the battle is not good enough for you nor is the possibility that when he realized that he was going to die he transferred his techniques to his little brother. Plus there is the little fact that Madara told Sasuke that Itachi transferred the techniques to him, with that little poke, right before he died. I don't see why you wish for things to be even more complicated.

Oh so pretty much the manga has stooped to a point where the simplest explanation (not that the poke is really simple) is the only explanation. Plus whats complicated about what I suggested. To be honest all this "soul transfer" argument is more complicated than anything.

And really as far as I am concerned Madara being alive for 150 years is complicated as well. And Madara isn't clear himself about how Itachi transferred his powers over so no he didn't tell Sasuke how he just got the MS randomly.

Abdula
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Maybe there was no technique. Maybe Itachi had already transfered his eye in Chapter 388 and then the fight started. Also explains why he wasn't himself completely.

As for how he did the Amaterasu without the eye, whos to say he couldn't activate it in Sasuke's eyes like he did after he died?
So he transferred his techniques to Sasuke, then he proceeded to battle Sasuke without having his technique but then he somehow used Amaterasu , after he had transferred it to Sasuke but he used it from his own eye and attacked none other than Sasuke with it, that doesn't seem unnecessarily complicated to you?

Darthmoe
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Am i the only one more interested in Pain's true identity and what else Jiraiya found out before dying and put on that frog's back!?!?

Rikudo
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm guessing with the new revelation, Sasuke will even go deeper with his hatred. The question is how is he going to project all the hatred and who is going to be on the receiving end. Will he turn into Madara's puppet? Become the new head of Akatsuki?

Compare to Sasuke, Naruto's character feels like vanilla.

ruccus
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
So he transferred his techniques to Sasuke, then he proceeded to battle Sasuke without having his technique but then he somehow used Amaterasu , after he had transferred it to Sasuke but he used it from his own eye and attacked none other than Sasuke with it, that doesn't seem unnecessarily complicated to you?

So him making the Amaterasu a fail safe after he's been dead for at least an hour (im seriously being generous with that assumption) is not complicated? Not to say what you are saying is wrong, but its not as far fetched as you make it seem.

Abdula
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Its not that its far fetched or anything I mean this is Naruto, we've seen zombies, people being resurrected, human puppets and immortal body snatchers, something like that wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. I'm not saying that it isn't complicated but him using his blood as a catalyst to transfer his technique to Sasuke isn't as complicated as what you've suggested.

ruccus
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Its not that its far fetched or anything I mean this is Naruto, we've seen zombies, people being resurrected, human puppets and immortal body snatchers, something like that wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. I'm not saying that it isn't complicated but him using his blood as a catalyst to transfer his technique to Sasuke is as complicated as what you've suggested.

So are you pretty much saying that this whole scenario is complicated as it is? I guess that I can agree on. But I still believe there is more motive to Kishi showing us the fact that Sasuke lost an eye in a Genjutsu.

Abdula
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Well its Kishi so it could be true but yeah thats pretty much what I'm saying.

Yukimura
Wed, 04-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Easy explanation: instead of Cut+Paste Itachi did Copy+Paste.

I don't see why Itachi would have had to lose his own abilities when he imbued them into Sasuke. Very little about this situation makes any sense right now. A 0 effort technique transfer is unprecedented in the series so trying to apply rules or boundaries to what may or may not have happened seems pointless.

I hope it turns out to be the case that Itachi used the chakra manipulation aspect of genjutsu to induce Mangekyou in Sasuke's eyes. An explanation like that would fit with what we already know about the Narutoverse and I would prefer not to have to swallow another pill of Deus ex Sharingan when a more generic explanation is viable as well.

Kusanagi
Wed, 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Am i the only one more interested in Pain's true identity and what else Jiraiya found out before dying and put on that frog's back!?!?

No your not alone. I am also wondering about that. I am also wondering what happened between Kisame and the rest of Sasuke's team after he left.

Assertn
Wed, 04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Don't forget....it's not actually a technique transfer, but rather a "seal" of sorts.

Sasuke doesn't have any control over amaterasu, it just triggers automatically at the presence of madara.

Sidnne
Wed, 04-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Why is there even an argument about when Itachi transfered the techniques?

First of all, "when" is completely irrelevant in relation to "what", "why" and "how". Secondly, the fact that Madara blatantly stated that Itachi did something to Sasuke just before he died and then Sasuke had that little flashback of the forehead poke, should pretty much put the nail in the coffin on the "when" debate.

February
Wed, 04-16-2008, 11:33 PM
shit, I'm so excited for the next chapter!
Does anyone know when chapters usually come out ?

Tyreal
Thu, 04-17-2008, 04:01 AM
Am I the only one that thinks that back in Chapter 366 that there was more to the conversation between Naruto and Itachi than we saw. Maybe Itachi didn't just do something to Sasuke but to Naruto as well (which would partly explain him being injured prior to the fight with Sasuke). If Itachi really did want to protect his brother I doubt that the only thing he did before he died was give Sasuke amaterasu.

Not only that it's perfectly possible that Naruto doesn't even know something was done/given/said to him, Itachi could of just trapped him in a genjutsu (since we all know how hopeless Naruto is) and done/given/said something to Naruto that is going to be triggered at a latter date (simmilar to how amaterasu is triggered).

If Itachi did do something to Naruto or perhaps gave him something (at the point I'm thinking if he did give something to him it will probably be sealed within him, because lets face it at this point Naruto is little more than a good place to store something powerful) then it could explain why he was hurt at the start of the fight since sealing/transferal techniques ussually take more effort/have serious side effects in the Narutoverse.

Garhert
Thu, 04-17-2008, 07:01 AM
shit, I'm so excited for the next chapter!
Does anyone know when chapters usually come out ?

Next Chapter comes next week. This week is nothing.

usually Naruto chapters come out on friday (GMT+1)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 04-17-2008, 10:48 AM

Nope, I also detest everything about the uchiha and their sharingan shannigans.
but as long as Kishi cares more about complicating Sasuke's backstory and giving the sharingan eyes more absurd abilities, we will have to wait for 2009 to see what's going on with Naruto's storyline.

however, I did enjoy this chapter, a sadistic, 'told you so', enjoyment.

Sasuke: Finally, I killed my Nemsis, avenged my family death, and brought peace to my troubled soul. Now I can concentrate on making millions of Dollars from a book and movie about my dead family, and making thousends of babies with my groopies to revive my noble clan.
Tobi: ahm, no.
Sasuke: stop fuckin' with me!
Tobi: True shit, Itachi was actually playing you all this time, you've been punk'd! man.
Sasuke: shit.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 04-17-2008, 01:01 PM
For awhile I really wanted it to get back to Naruto's story, as Sasuke's was blowing big time, and not in the less gay way either. Not a fan of the new powers of the Sharingan, as now, the Uchiha can take out Superman. However, this is quite a nice development, I have to agree. Sasuke's screwed, and I'm popping the popcorn, popping the pop, and sitting back in a front row lazyboy to watch the emotional and mental carnage that's about to ensue.

Krbadass
Sat, 04-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Madara did not take over obito, obito is not madara, end of story.

February
Sat, 04-19-2008, 04:44 PM

Thank you

Sidnne
Sun, 04-20-2008, 12:47 PM

Well... I'm convinced. Can't really argue with such a well-thought out and evidence-filled statement such as that one.

:rolleyes:

Assertn
Sun, 04-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Krbadass is back? and he reads the manga?

Iradeum
Wed, 04-23-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't think that Itachi was "good" or "evil" - he merely had his own goals and folowed them and, by what I saw in the last chapter, it looks like those goals were killing Madara. Ofcorse, if could be something completely different - we can't say untill we see it, and I bet it will either something no one thought of, or something so obvious, that everyone thought of, but never considered it could actually happen. Anyway, we'll find out in a couple of days anyway :)