PDA

View Full Version : Allison to Lillia

Yukimura
Thu, 04-10-2008, 09:17 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5576/8346mg2.jpg

The story takes place in a world with only one big continent. This world is divided into two federations engaged in an endless series of fruitless wars. The story starts when a girl, Allison, and a boy, Ville, who have been raised together in an orphanage, set out on an adventure to find a great treasure which is worth ending the war for.
[Source: AnimeNFO]

Not sure about the story but it has a pretty picture and the story sounds like it could turn into something interesting, that's enough for me to give it a 1 ep trial at least.

Allison to Lillia - 01 (mp4) - [Shinsen-Formula] (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-FoSu%5D_Allison_and_Lillia_-_01_%5BED21AD82%5D.mp4.torrent)

Allison to Lillia - 01 (mkv) + OP + ED - [Shinsen-Formula] (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-FoSu%5D_Allison_and_Lillia_-_01.torrent)

EDIT @ Below: The first torrent contains an mp4 file that includes the full episode including the OP/ED.

The second torrent contains a folder with three mkv files, the OP the ED and an mvk of the episode without the OP/ED. If you don't like hassle, download the mp4, if you're low on space, dl the mkv.

ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8988)
AnimeDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5569)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Both formats are 704x400. Why two formats, then?

Well, we at Formula like to use what's called "ordered chaptering." Basically, when downloading episode 01, you'll need to download the OP, the episode, and the ED as separate files. When episode 2 is released, grabbing the MKV version will gain you only the episode itself, without the OP/ED.

As long as you have the latest CCCP and your codecs are correct, placing the episodes in the same folder as the OP/ED will make the episodes play normally and seamlessly. We do this for the purpose of saving time and HDD space since you don't download the OP/ED every time you download an episode. Over the course of a series, this can add up to quite a bit of space saved. Keep in mind that users grabbing the MKV version from IRC will have to download the OP/episode/ED files separately and place them in the same folder. This is kind of a new thing to most people, so we'll try to answer any questions you may have.

However, since we know that not everyone uses CCCP (though they should) or just don't like things that are "new", a normal MP4 is also provided. Don't even ask for an XviD version.

It's an interesting idea, but I have to say I fit into the 'just don't like things that are "new" group'

animus
Thu, 04-10-2008, 11:01 PM
I guess for people like me who just delete them as they finish watching are fucked.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-11-2008, 12:36 AM
I guess for people like me who just delete them as they finish watching are fucked.

Then just get mp4. It just means their episodes don't contain the OP/ED, so if you're happy with that and still want mkv, it should play fine.

Kraco
Fri, 04-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Well, that container play certainly sounds odd. Like the idea of some eccentric person that everybody in the group buyed after an intense night of drinking...

But regardless, I think the series itself sounds like a nice adventure one. I might have a look just in order to have something different in the new lineup of series.

Yukimura
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Well that's just the weirdest thing I've ever seen come out of a fansub group. There was no indication on the torrent so I just assumed it was an avi since I dl'd the mp4 anyway. The first post has been updated.

Kraco
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:27 AM
I liked this series. After watching the first ep it affirmed my initial impression: It looks like a good old fashioned adventure story. The feeling is naturally made even stronger (and better) by the fact it's located somewhere in the 30's or so (technologically; it's a different world, after all). Unless it takes a really unexpected turn to the worse, I'm sure to keep watching this one.

Also, AniYoshi released their version. Competition is never bad.

Episode 1 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_01_%5B2A8BB082%5D.mkv.torrent)

Fake edit: The characters also seemed very likable. The dude at first seemed like a pushover bookworm, but then they very conveniently told he's actually a natural sharpshooter... And then there's the ages old tradition of the girl liking the guy but the guy is totally out there in blissful oblivion. Aye, the elements of a good adventure story are all there for sure, including mysterious, evil men-in-black (with, of course, handguns that look like Lugers).

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-11-2008, 09:55 AM
I hope more people pick this up. This is shaping up to be a great adventure show, with a hint of romance and a good storyline.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
I'll save this for later and watch it

animus
Fri, 04-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Only bad thing really is the art's awfully crude.

Kraco
Fri, 04-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Nah, it's not that bad. You get used to it quickly enough. Or at least I did. There are all kinds of shows with all kinds of levels and styles of art out there, after all.

Board of Command
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:15 PM
I watched the Shinsen/Formula release and hopefully it's just bad encoding...

The animation was fine, but the video quality was awful.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-12-2008, 12:54 AM
I like this show. For all the reasons stated above. In particular it reminds me of those steampunk goodies like Castle in the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle. It's not steampunk, but the art and post WWII setting is good enough for me.

animus
Sun, 04-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Episode 2 h264 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_02_%5B08A15001%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Episode 2 mp4 - Shinsen-Formula subs (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-FoSu%5D_Allison_and_Lillia_-_02_%5BC3AA18C9%5D.mp4.torrent)

I'm not even going to bother posting the mkv.

Which group is generally considered better, AnimeYoshi or this one?

Darknodin
Sun, 04-13-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm posting the mkv... it works pretty fine... and actually, it works without the op and ed

http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-FoSu%5D_Allison_and_Lillia_-_02_%5B34C0F659%5D.mkv.torrent

pretty good episode. on par with the first one. reminds me of FMA somehow.

Death13a
Sun, 04-13-2008, 09:15 PM
pretty good episode. on par with the first one. reminds me of FMA somehow.

I have same feeling when watching this series which reminds me of FMA; Allison reminds me much of Winry. It's nice to see characters that are sure of what they are doing.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Nice little episode. The art and setting has a real nice feel to it. Light adventures like these used to be around alot, but grew out of favour. Watching this really has a "good old times" feel. Given special forces uniforms, they're ready to infiltrate next episode!

Kraco
Wed, 04-16-2008, 07:44 AM
I switched to AniYoshi. I have trusted them since Kaze no Stigma, and I noticed no problems whatsoever in episode 2. Good episode also otherwise, and like Buffalobiian said, the show gives certainly a good old times feeling. I also like it how trust, friendship, compassion and such things are presented in series like this. It's not forced down your throat like in so many shounen fighting animes but it's far more natural. Adventure is a jolly good genre.

Things should be getting interesting now that they are in borrowed uniforms. Although I suppose that part of the show isn't necessarily so long if they find the missing old man so soon, as the preview indicated. Still, a lot could go wrong and lenghten the process.

Kraco
Sun, 04-20-2008, 07:27 AM
The difference made by different uniforms is something different:

Episode 3 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_03_%5BE2E9391C%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-22-2008, 06:41 AM
Shinsen-Formula: MP4 (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-FoSu%5D_Allison_and_Lillia_-_03_%5B7E4D30B9%5D.mp4.torrent), mkv (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-FoSu%5D_Allison_and_Lillia_-_03_%5B783B22B8%5D.mkv.torrent)

Darknodin
Tue, 04-22-2008, 07:25 PM
good ep but... how long is this series supposed to be?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-22-2008, 08:42 PM
@Darknodin: Allison & Lillia is 26 episodes.

------------------------------------------------
The old man dying was a given, though I think I still felt something when he went. It sounded like he felt he was cheating his comrades as he lived on through life to find a suitable person to pass the secret onto. The Second Lieutenant will join the band wagon later, when he hesitates and the army treats him as an enemy. I can't help but feel that he'll become jealous of Will sooner or later. Another nicely paced episode. I'm liking how it is sort of episodic, but in a way that I still want to watch the next ep without the HUGE cliffhangers we've been getting from CG. I'm getting to like the OP too.

Kraco
Sun, 04-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Let's see if we can't get more air fights. They are always exciting to watch.

Episode 4 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_04_%5B1A6CC94C%5D.mkv.torrent)

Darknodin
Sun, 04-27-2008, 02:53 PM
@Darknodin: Allison & Lillia is 26 episodes.

nice... with the way that episode went, i thought it could be a short and too straightforward series. 26 eps is good as it gives time to for things to go awry on their quest! (it was way too easy so far!)

Kraco
Sun, 04-27-2008, 05:16 PM
This was a surprise. I thought this treasure and ending the war was the major point of the series but now it's already finished. There's no indication now what might be the bigger plot anymore. I hope one surfaces and it's not just random adventures from now on.

Edit: Very good air fights, though, in this ep. That part didn't let me down a bit.

Darknodin
Mon, 04-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Yea i was also surprised. The Sou Beil guy seems to be in the next ep too. and that mural looks fishy!

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Shinsen&Formula-Subs Episode 4 in MP4 (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-FoSu%5D_Allison_and_Lillia_-_04_%5BA4A199E9%5D.mp4.torrent)

Munsu
Wed, 04-30-2008, 05:09 AM
Well, decided to watch all 4 episodes released by AniYoshi this morning, and found the series quite good. I have to say though, that those air fights were cool and well done. Was I the only one that found those airplanes wierd with their propellers at the back of the plane?

As mentioned before here, was surprised at how early they found the treasure and ended the War... wonder were it'll go from here. Will something big happen around the world to turn it into chaos once again? Will this series will be about 4 episode mini-arcs? Whichever the case, I hope there's still some action and airplane fights. And someone give Wil a pair of balls while we're at it.

Kraco
Wed, 04-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Was I the only one that found those airplanes wierd with their propellers at the back of the plane?

There have been such airplanes every now and then. I'm not sure what's the bigger idea behind it, though, whether it grants some benefit or something (other than that it removes the need to sync the machine gun with the propeller). I had a feeling in this series it was just so that the fighters of the other country would look different compared to the other.

Munsu
Wed, 04-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. They still look akward though.

My only real complaint was how the bad guys were dispatched in the cave. I thought it was kidna dumb for the jackass to shoot into the air and have the cave collapse on them, it was quite anti-climatic.

Allison is a cool character, but I sure hope Wil finds some balls somewhere in this series... else his shooting skills will be nonexistant throughout the series.

Darknodin
Wed, 04-30-2008, 06:53 PM
The predator has its propeller in the back

its called a pusher propeller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pusher_configuration)

just a thing i realized... pusher props are exactly like jet engines.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I think the shooting into the air thing was because he got shot on the shoulder, losing control of the gun. It makes sense, especially since this show tries be quite realistic, and a lot of stupid things happen in reality. I thought it was fine.

I do agree it is a bit anti-climactic though.

Kraco
Sun, 05-04-2008, 10:23 AM
The arc of searching for Wil's lost pair of balls... Or maybe not.

Episode 5 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_05_%5BE8B5EEB7%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - -

Edit: Wil is well under way to enter the hall of dense characters... A real pity considering how cute Allison is. Well, in any case it's beginning to look like the whole war and finding a way to end it was just a plot device to build a suitable setting for the greater story. Or maybe it's still far too early to talk about any bigger pictures for this could be another small arc, but who knows. I have a feeling, in any case, that the just want to have a long war and the tensions created by it in back pockets, and otherwise concentrate on more mundane and smaller scale issues.

Munsu
Wed, 05-07-2008, 03:56 AM
I think it'll be a small arc currently on the scheme of things... I think we'll have a couple of episodes devoted to the current situation and then have another arc dealing with the politician.

Anyways, nice transitional episode with a decent cliffhanger. It also looks like Allison and Wil didn't take any credit for the discovery, I don't know why. What I want to know though, is when this supposed Lillia is going to show up and if she exists.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-07-2008, 05:30 AM
I think half of the show is devoted to that, so around episode 12-13.

Kraco
Wed, 05-07-2008, 05:34 AM
I've never been in the habit of spoiling myself with any external sources, nor did I this time, but just looking at the voice actor list over at ANN, the same seiyuu is marked for both Allison and Lillia. So, it's reasonable to assume she exists, but it's another question of whether she's another character or just another name for Allison once the plot has advanced enough.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-07-2008, 08:53 AM
I just realized that my comment may be seen as a spoiler by some, and for that I apologize. I only wanted to reply to the best of my knowledge to the question posted.

Munsu
Wed, 05-07-2008, 09:30 AM
I've never been in the habit of spoiling myself with any external sources, nor did I this time, but just looking at the voice actor list over at ANN, the same seiyuu is marked for both Allison and Lillia. So, it's reasonable to assume she exists, but it's another question of whether she's another character or just another name for Allison once the plot has advanced enough.
Spoilers found in an informational site like ANN and anidb it's understandable. Still, there a ton of possibilities in play... twin sister? She becomes a spy?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Damn Wil, take the hint. Another enjoyable episode. I thought the air force guys at the beginning were quite funny. "We're not anyone suspicious." I myself was half confused as to why it was named Allison&Lillia, since for two episodes I was referring to it as Allison&Wil. Looks like after this arc, Fi will become a main character, as I suspect her to be the surviving royal blood.

Board of Command
Sun, 05-11-2008, 11:59 PM
LOLWUT???

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8687/snapshot20080512005819sx5.jpg

Munsu
Mon, 05-12-2008, 04:40 AM
6:
http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_06_%5B12DFEBA6%5D.mkv.torrent

Kraco
Mon, 05-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Another nice episode, though nothing much at all happened. Allison continues to push the oblivious Wil... Let's just hope she won't ever get tired of trying to seduce the blockhead and that he would wake up rather sooner than later.

LOLWUT???

If you look at the shot closely, you see that while Allison seems to be looking at the woman's face, Benedict seems to be staring at her boobs. So, it looks like they are in an agreement.

Board of Command
Mon, 05-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Well, looking at the cast, there's an Allison and a grown up version of Allison, and then there's Lillia. I'm going to guess that Wil dies part way through the series, and then there's a time jump and Allison turns into a gloomy character completely opposite of what she's like now. And then Nana Mizuki just happens to be recast as a totally different character called Lillia.

Munsu
Mon, 05-12-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure if Allison and Lillia will end up being the same character, but consider this:

There's a light novel called Allison and another light novel called Lillia and Treize, so maybe this anime is simply a combination of a the first novel and and the first half or some shit of the second one and nothing to do with the evolution of the character Allison into Lillia.

But that Wil being dead theory is quite plausible.

Board of Command
Mon, 05-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I thought Wil would have to die because there's a grown up Allison but no Wil. He either dies or disappears.

Munsu
Mon, 05-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Just because there's no "older" VA for him, doesn't mean that there's no older Wil. The same VA can be playing him.

Board of Command
Mon, 05-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Hmm that's a good point. We'll just have to wait and see.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-13-2008, 08:58 AM
I don't know why, but the whole distancing thing with Benedict caught on to me. Having your whole bunch of friends admire, but now only look at you as an idol is harsh.

The fact that Fi said that she was the only survivor, means her Gramps wasn't her real one, or wasn't considered a royal, right?

Now err....raise your had if you expected Fi to be twenty?

Kraco
Tue, 05-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Now err....raise your had if you expected Fi to be twenty?

How old are Wil and Allison? They look pretty young, but on the other hand, since Allison is flying alone, she must be an adult already. And I imagine (though I don't remember) but Wil is probably as old as she. I didn't expect Fi to be twenty, for sure, but on the other hand... 20 is still pretty young from my geezer's point of view...

What comes to the less desirable side effects of Benedict's fame, I deem that one reason Wil and Allison insisted he reveals the mural, in addition to increased credibility. He was already a career officers, Wil and Allison younger with more paths open to them if they don't have the burden of such a fame upon them. Well, Allison seems a somewhat more ambitious person than Wil, but I think for her Wil is still more important than anything else.

Board of Command
Tue, 05-13-2008, 09:29 AM
That's like asking if anyone thinks Konata is 16. I heard the underage look is popular in Korea nowadays.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-13-2008, 09:45 AM
20 is still pretty young from my geezer's point of view...

Yeah, I guess. Still, she just looks so loli compared to Benedict, who I consider normal, thought he'll be on the big side in this show.

I actually don't know why I'm so surprised. I've got heaps of people in my cohort who fit in her category.

Munsu
Tue, 05-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Here's some more, 7:
http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_07_%5BA4B1AEEC%5D.mkv.torrent

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Another nicely paced episode. Action next ep, but meanwhile, we get some comedy and insight into our characters. I love how the way Allison was putting things, Wil could have easily mistaken her being envious of Fiona's position next to Benedict, rather than the situation. Thing going the way they are now, it looks like Fiona was the Pincess's maid or something, and decided to succeed her will and reestablish the Monarchy.

Though the tech seems backward in this universe, those landing wheels must be made of titanium alloy to buffet over them cars without a scratch.

Kraco
Thu, 05-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Though the tech seems backward in this universe, those landing wheels must be made of titanium alloy to buffet over them cars without a scratch.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing when it happened.

I wonder if this series keeps rolling adventures forth at such a speed that Allison will never have a chance to tell Wil how she feels (because Wil is the winner of the thickness award of this season).

Munsu
Fri, 05-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Yep, I was thinking the same thing too.

Great episode in my opinion, and I don't know if Benedict is being a player or if he means it this time. Next episode looks great.

Kraco
Sat, 05-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Trial of the false princess:

Episode 8 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_08_%5B0E174C3A%5D.mkv.torrent)

Board of Command
Sat, 05-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I wonder how she was able to figure out the story behind the cufflink. How did she recreate the scenario of Nihito carrying Francesca in the halls?

Kraco
Sat, 05-31-2008, 01:08 PM
I'd assume the people who brought the real princess to the village might have known something and told her a few details

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-31-2008, 07:35 PM
I was thinking more of her Grandfather. Thinking about it now, it wasn't really her grandfather, but someone assigned to look after her, wasn't it?

This episode had a good mix of tension and emotional buildup that kinda flowed, and didn't mix each other up.

At first I thought the pendant was fake, the way the Warren looked at it, and that he realised her motives in that short time and went with it. Talking about the Warren, he should have died. That must have been an awfully high jump for the guy to misjudge and stab his leg rather than his torso. I'm glad he didn't though, since he had awesome character.

Again, Allison hit the nail on the head about Wil.

Munsu
Sun, 06-01-2008, 12:31 AM
What the heck is up with this anime... they do a nice setup for a story, then they throw in a shitty climax. Happened with the treasure and now with Nihito being killed by a wind gust... wtf, that's pure shitty conclusions hehe. I was hoping Wil would get a riffle out and shoot Nihito in the head from a moving plane... that would've been quite badass.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-01-2008, 12:57 AM
I was thinking that too. Right now, it's almost like they've introduced his shooting skills for nothing. And really, Allison flying up in the air didn't do much neither, except maybe kill Nihito.

Kraco
Sun, 06-01-2008, 02:12 AM
And really, Allison flying up in the air didn't do much neither, except maybe kill Nihito.

Yeah, this was a thing I kept wondering as well. It seems like they made a big deal out of Allison and Wil flying around the tower but it didn't really do anything. I don't think that gust of wind could have been caused by the plane either, so it was more likely natural - it was a high place after all. But in any case it wasn't clear they did anything. It's kind of sloppy script writing.

Let's hope the next arc is a bit more meaningful.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 06-02-2008, 10:20 AM
The guy has like 16 guns pointed at him and he just has a dagger? And no one does anything about it?

This is a nice little series and all but the situations are just ridiculous.

Kraco
Fri, 06-06-2008, 04:29 PM
It's Baccano all over again:

Episode 9 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_09_%5BC55444DD%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - -

Well, not exactly but it's heading to something like that, no doubt without the extra sugar added, though. Well, train fights are always cool so I'm not complaining. The only thing deserving complaints is how Stupid Wil is. Stupid with a capital S. He will surely lose Allison if it continues like this. Although since he apparently has no sex drive, it might be better for Allison to find somebody else in any case.

Munsu
Fri, 06-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Not much to say, pretty much a transition episode... who here thinks that Allison's dad is actually alive?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I got that idea too, especially when they said the tag was the identifier. I think the guy popped his own bullet though, and pretended to be the Oscar, so his superior can live on, as well as protecting the knowledge. And the guy waiting at the other end......is just too convenient a plot device.

I'm actually getting quite a good laugh out of watching Allison's efforts towards the oblivious Wil, annoying as it may be sometimes. It's this sort of chemistry between the characters, mixed with the setting and atmosphere that I really like about this series.

Only other thing I'll say is that the Army Major should quit his job. If there was a Sherlock Holmes equivalent in that world, it would be him.

Kraco
Sun, 06-22-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm not sure if Allison and Lillia will end up being the same character, but consider this:

There's a light novel called Allison and another light novel called Lillia and Treize, so maybe this anime is simply a combination of a the first novel and and the first half or some shit of the second one and nothing to do with the evolution of the character Allison into Lillia.

I had a look at the AniYoshi forums to learn why there have been no releases (they are just slacking, apparently), and also read one staffer say the series is indeed based on two sets of novels, and thus Lillia refers to eps 14-. No more info, though, so it's still a mystery what is their relation to each other. But I suppose there must be something since it's still the same series.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-22-2008, 07:00 PM
[AniYoshi]_Allison_to_Lillia_-_10 (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_10_%5BC7E163D8%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Tue, 06-24-2008, 12:27 PM
The result of the pistol vs locomotive fight:

Episode 11 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_11_%5B34ACF271%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-25-2008, 01:51 AM
A very Allisonesque episode. Tension and action paced steadily but not too fast, complete with, you can say, the anticlimatic climax. Not as bad as before, but I was really looking forward to that shot. Damn Stork. I guess it's up to Wil again to figure out who Stork is, and why he killed the smuggler. Honestly, this guy's got a sharp eye and a sharp mind. It's almost as if he has to be this dense to balance him out.

Kraco
Wed, 06-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Heh. Yeah, that could be it, but it's certainly frustrating. You can't help but feel sorry for Allison. Although based on the preview she might be snapping, herself, because of that incredible density.

You are right about the action as well, and the lack of climax. It's strange, but by now I have pretty much gotten used to it. No use to wait for any real excitement because none will be coming and situations are over before you know it. Not a bad episode all in all, though. The major is also a good character: a traditional intelligence officer seemingly ready to do anything for his mission.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-26-2008, 07:32 AM
[Nipponsei] Allison to Lillia OP Single - Tameiki no Hashi [Kuricorder Quartet & Yukawa Shione].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Allison%20to%20Lillia%20OP%20Sin gle%20-%20Tameiki%20no%20Hashi%20%5BKuricorder%20Quartet% 20%26%20Yukawa%20Shione%5D.zip.torrent)
[Nipponsei] Allison to Lillia ED Single - Sayonara no Omajinai [Kuricorder Quartet & Matsumoto Sou].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Allison%20to%20Lillia%20ED%20Sin gle%20-%20Sayonara%20no%20Omajinai%20%5BKuricorder%20Quar tet%20%26%20Matsumoto%20Sou%5D.zip.torrent)

Kraco
Thu, 06-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Hmm... The ED single graphics reveal something that could be related to the shift in ep 14 to the other novel set. If that's how it is, then it would certainly indicate things may change even a lot.

If it means different main characters, then I certainly hope Allison will get a confession out of Wil (if he even likes Allison, that is, seeing how disinterested he has been in her but so interested in the major, he might be gay).

Munsu
Sun, 06-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Heh. Yeah, that could be it, but it's certainly frustrating. You can't help but feel sorry for Allison. Although based on the preview she might be snapping, herself, because of that incredible density.

You are right about the action as well, and the lack of climax. It's strange, but by now I have pretty much gotten used to it. No use to wait for any real excitement because none will be coming and situations are over before you know it. Not a bad episode all in all, though. The major is also a good character: a traditional intelligence officer seemingly ready to do anything for his mission.
Just watched episode 10 and 11... and yeah I agree with you that I've just gotten used to there not being a good climax AND that the seeming climax is surrounded by some absurd shitty events (Wil shooting a shoulder that causes a ceiling to collapse, a bad guy falling from a building because of gust of wind, and Allison trying to shoot a guy that's 10 feet away from her and misses over and over, while Wil instead of prying the gun away from her and shooting him instead, he decides to spend 2 minutes trying to aim a freaking pistol).

Looking forward to episode 12... it looks like Allison and Wil will have one of those moments with rose petals falling on them.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Just watched episode 10 and 11... and yeah I agree with you that I've just gotten used to there not being a good climax AND that the seeming climax is surrounded by some absurd shitty events (Wil shooting a shoulder that causes a ceiling to collapse, a bad guy falling from a building because of gust of wind, and Allison trying to shoot a guy that's 10 feet away from her and misses over and over, while Wil instead of prying the gun away from her and shooting him instead, he decides to spend 2 minutes trying to aim a freaking pistol).

Looking forward to episode 12... it looks like Allison and Wil will have one of those moments with rose petals falling on them.

I think their relationship will move somewhere this episode, if what we think is true. We're half way through this series, and if we're to start on a new page wth the Lillia story, we'll need to wrap Allison&Will up by episode 13 or so.

Regarding Kraco's comment on the ED album art, I can't tell whether it's intentional, or whether it's the artist's style, but the guy has Wil's eyes. Only thing is, in the OP art, Wil doesn't have Wil's eyes :rolleyes:

Kraco
Tue, 07-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Pry and gun:

Episode 12 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_12_%5BA7FD755C%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - - -

Edit: Ho... So, in the end Wil wasn't such a dense thickhead but just was calmly lacking courage, whereas Allison was nervously lacking courage. Well, all is well when the end is well. And the next ep apparently is the end for those two, then...

Nice work with the major as well. Even if Wil's proof wasn't exactly very solid he presented it well and you can't say the major wouldn't have, in fact, been relieved. After all, the man had his only child in front of him and was morbidly prepared to never see her again, again. He was probably very glad Wil forced him to reveal himself.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Most enjoyable episode. After watching 12 episodes of them struggling with their feelings, you can't help but smile as you see their efforts come to fruition. I can completely empathise with Wil. When you lack the courage to speak your thoughts, you instinctively act oblivious to you don't have to.

Completely agreeing with Kraco, looks like we'll move on to Lillia the episode after next. I'm looking forward to seeing how Allison's arc wraps up. There probably won't be a twist, but the somewhat sad feeling from the preview is keeping me anxious.

Kraco
Tue, 07-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Farewell, Allison and Wil?

Episode 13 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_13_%5B5F1F8AD7%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - -

Edit: Well, well. Quite a circle. It's a good thing this episode already answered what's the relation between Allison and Lillia. Not that this episode would have had much other use, considering what manner of a decision Wil so coldly made.

Still, 15 years... In that time, judging by the looks of the piston engine planes they had in eps 1-13, they should already have jet engines now, I imagine. Maybe we will see even nicer air fights in the future...

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 07-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Well since they never found Wil's body he's obviously alive. Otherwise he would have made the decision to leave Allison to pursue some hopeless vision of world peace just to die 8 months or so later in a fuckin train accident. Still though, to all of a sudden leave his wife just like that is pretty messed up.

But I lmao'd at Wil telling Allison he loved her for the first time.., after he put a baby in her.

Kraco
Tue, 07-15-2008, 04:06 PM
At least Lillia was a child of love that way... The train wreck was obviously just the way to erase Wil's persona. Like he said, Wilhelm Schultz had to cease to exist.

Besides, wasn't Major Travas actually Wil? That's why I said it was quite a circle... In fact somehow in a romantic story like this it's hard to believe Allison would be seeing another man while Wil was still in reality alive even if not technically.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 07-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah you're right, I think my opinion was a little skewed because Lillia was narrating that part of the story when she said he died and then we found Lillia ddn't really know Travers was her father, but I guess since Allison told Lil that Wil died before she was born, she'll keep it that way. I didn't even catch his remark about not drinking hot things so now that Ive watched the episode again, it makes a lot more sense.

I think I took things a bit literally because the series tends to be anticlimactic, Allison didn't even show that much emotion when Wil went away, which I thought was odd.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-15-2008, 08:09 PM
I think I took things a bit literally because the series tends to be anticlimactic, Allison didn't even show that much emotion when Wil went away, which I thought was odd.

I thought that was rather characteristic of her. She's hot headed and emotional, but she loves Wil above all else. Knowing Wil's aspirations, she didn't want to be the one to hold him back. Quite a bittersweet ending. Though I didn't get to cry, I got the tight feeling in the chest, which is always a good sign.

"Some things never change" really set off all the alarms that Travas was Wil.Facial features, especially the eye and jawline matched too. The thing that really threw me off was the completely different voice. Voice changing surgery at a time of piston engines?

In the end though, I'm convinced the only person who can get Allison into a frantic to meet could only be Wil.

Now that we're through with a very well done, I can only sit and wait for an equally good, if not better second half.

Kraco
Wed, 07-16-2008, 01:31 AM
The thing that really threw me off was the completely different voice. Voice changing surgery at a time of piston engines?

Both Wil and Allison got their voices changed. I think it's just to reflect they are 15 years older than in eps 1-13.

I still think it's funny how Allison's VA was smoothly transferred to Lillia. Other than that, Benedict looked pretty wild in the preview. Didn't look exactly like an international hero and ace pilot anymore...

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-16-2008, 06:27 AM
Other than that, Benedict looked pretty wild in the preview. Didn't look exactly like an international hero and ace pilot anymore...

Nor like someone married to a royal ruler. He mentioned Fi raising twins, and it sounded like she's doing it all personally. That hinted to me that Fi might decide to retire her ruler status, if not already.

Board of Command
Wed, 07-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Allison having a baby was the most random thing in this series so far. How did that even happen?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Allison having a baby was the most random thing in this series so far. How did that even happen?

She was quite eager for Wil to come in from the balcony. That plus time skip = baby makes sense.

Kraco
Thu, 07-17-2008, 01:41 AM
Based on her behavior Allison wouldn't have minded getting pregnant already back on the train. So, it's a tiny wonder indeed she got after they confessed they cared for each other and moved into the same apartment.

Munsu
Sun, 07-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Just watched episode 13, great episode in my opinion and a great conclusion to the arc (wow, did this series finally get one right?).

Even with Travas around, I wonder if Allison realizes Wil is him... if she doesn't, she must be quite dumb. Wil = Travas... Travas Radia anyone? Funny how Radia once told Allison something along the lines of "You don't have to remember the name", when now remembering the name may be the biggest clue that Travas is Wil.

And with this new arc, Lillia & Treize, I wonder what role Allison and "Travas" will have in it, if a role at all. I hope "Travas" sticks around or does a couple of cameos here and there.

With that said, and seeing the Hero in the previews and Fi... I wonder if they'll give their twins a big role in the upcoming series. Seems like the series likes to play the "generations" game and probably form some relationship between Lillia and Fi's children.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-20-2008, 01:23 PM
I can conclusively say that Allison knows. Why even doubt it?

Munsu
Sun, 07-20-2008, 01:26 PM
I can conclusively say that Allison knows. Why even doubt it?
Because I can easily see the writers using the "Hmm, you remind me of somebody, but I don't know who. Oh well, I like you, and that's all that matters" card. I just threw it there, not that I believe she wouldn't know since it's so obvious, but it's a plot device that the writers could use and exploit, and I wouldn't put it past them.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, I would. Even their previous failures don't deserve such distrust in their writing. The idea is just unbelievable.

Munsu
Sun, 07-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Well, I would. Even their previous failures don't deserve such distrust in their writing. The idea is just unbelievable.
Again, it's completely obvious, but it could play into Allison's character... she's always been portrayed as a character that does not pay attention to detail and is not good at solving puzzles... it's why it's always the other characters that solve the situations, and Allison is simply around caught in the motions not knowing what is going on around her.

It's clear that she should know since it's obvious, but we have yet to see them interact with each other so the window is still open for the writers to make it so, as it wouldn't be out of character as obvious as it may be for us the viewers.

First we don't know how long it has been since they reconnected. Clark Kent anyone? Remember when Fi dressed up as a photographer how no one recognized her? Again, not uncharacteristic if they make Allison not recognize Wil no matter how improbable it seems... heck, some people here didn't notice. It's no use arguing it because aside from it being obvious to the viewers, that the possibility of it being so is still there, makes the question legit.

Kraco
Sun, 07-20-2008, 03:36 PM
I still say she does. Simply because she and Wil didn't really intend to separate for life. Maybe they expected it to take 10 or 15 years but in their hearts (to use such a mushy expression) they must have hoped for seeing each other again. They were in love, after all, and had been for a long time though neither said it aloud. So, it's inconceivable in a romantic adventure story Allison would just get bored of waiting and start to date some stranger. I only expect them to behave in public as if they had never known each other before; Wil has been "dead" for a long time after all. Moreover, they can't be too careful unless they want Lillia to notice something. Although I also expect Lillia to learn the truth before this is all over... Another nice circle considering Allison and her old man.

Munsu
Sun, 07-27-2008, 12:10 PM
14:
http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_14_%5B8C89A651%5D.mkv.torrent

staffcc
Mon, 07-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the link!

A new pairing right off the bat, and while the atmosphere for the two is similar to Allison and Wil, I like the new guy more since he does not seem like a total panzy.

Munsu
Mon, 07-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Come on, we all know that Wil is badass and was just playing the fool to seem harmless. He's got the killer instinct.

Board of Command
Mon, 07-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Lilia is a bastard. I think that says it all about Wil being badass.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the link!

A new pairing right off the bat, and while the atmosphere for the two is similar to Allison and Wil, I like the new guy more since he does not seem like a total panzy.

The traits of the AllisonxWil relationship's all mixed around, and it should make for an interesting 13 episodes. Allison's outright declaration of love's gone to Treize, but he's still the timid type, while Allison fails to openly admit hers despite her straight-forwardness.

I like how the two are mirroring the same moves, being childhood friends, going off on an adventure on a plane again. But just as they're two different people, I have faith the plot is bound to keep us interested with new material, rather than a take-two.

And along with some hairy shagginess, the Hero Benedict has become quite a cool, smooth talker.

staffcc
Tue, 07-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Now that you mention it, they do seem like the opposite of each other, and that makes it quite interesting!

I don't agree about Benedict being a smooth talker though... He sounds too insincere maybe? IMHO of course...

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-29-2008, 05:49 AM
I don't agree about Benedict being a smooth talker though... He sounds too insincere maybe? IMHO of course...

That may well be the case too, depending on interpretation. I'm not sure if he meant it that way or not, but I can imagine it coming off quite well with some ladies. Especially if said in a deep, passionate voice. ;)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Episode 15 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_15_%5B63013C41%5D.mkv.torrent)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite being the only one of the "children" who's not of royalty, Lillia seemed to have quite the princess attitude at times. Perhaps she simply lacked the exposure and experience that the adventurous Allison or the strong willed Fi. Kudos to Treize taking the initiative like a guy should. I liked how in a different way, they start their misadventure by meeting an ex-military man. When he was talking about being exiled from the military, I thought he was one of the bad guys for a sec. Perhaps he still was, up until the point where he told them to leave.

Lol at Fi and Benedict getting it on with each other while completely ignoring their daughter.

On the note of relationships, I wonder if we'll have a dual pairing again, or whether we'll be fully focused on Lillia and her prince.

(comment on episode 14, I guess even Allison slips in Travas's true name sometimes)

Kraco
Thu, 08-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Sorry, no episodes just bad news:

Now I guess a lot of people are wondering about Allison to Lillia, well I’m not sure about that one too. The translator of that project run into some pc problems and said it will be a while until he get back. We will continue it then when he returns that is if he comes back.

Basically, they dropped a number of projects and Allison&Lillia translators seems to have lost his computer... The last release being from a month ago, it doesn't look too good. Not too good at all.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Sorry, no episodes just bad news:

Basically, they dropped a number of projects and Allison&Lillia translators seems to have lost his computer... The last release being from a month ago, it doesn't look too good. Not too good at all.

Damn. Guess they rested a lot of foundation on that one translater. I guess this'll have to do as I wait out my Lillia withdrawal.

Funny how Shinsen's left this show unfinished too.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-31-2008, 11:45 PM
[Nipponsei] Allison to Lillia Original Soundtrack.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Allison%20to%20Lillia%20Original %20Soundtrack.zip.torrent)

The wait continues.......

Kraco
Sat, 09-13-2008, 05:16 PM
The best news come unbidden:

Episode 16 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_16_%5B8D519D20%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Celebration-worthy news indeed.

It made me laugh (or smile inwardly) seeing cool Carlos have a crush on Lillia. I really don't see the point of killing a plane full of school kids though, since the attackers don't look like they know there's a prince on board. I don't know much about aerial combat neither, but the way the fighters shot at the slightest movement makes me doubt how Treize will manoeuvre the plane, let alone nail one of them into sending a distress signal. And they cut us off at a massive cliffhanger! :mad:

I should feel ashamed. Long time no Lillia, and I'm complaining like anything. I'll just sit back and wait for the next one. :o

Kraco
Sun, 09-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Aye, no need to complain. It has its weaknesses but what's important is there: Adventure, flying, and awkward romance in an old school setting.

The plan certainly wouldn't work in real life. However here it has some merit because the fighters are flying really close to their airplane (closer than they certainly would in real life). They might be able to take out one or even two before the rest can move to a far more sensible distance away from them. But regardless of that, it shouldn't work more than once since the small fighters are infinitely more agile than the bulky passenger aircraft.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Aye, no need to complain. It has its weaknesses but what's important is there: Adventure, flying, and awkward romance in an old school setting.

Too right. And it's conveyed perfectly through the OST. I finally got a chance to listen to it. Oh, and as a habit of mine, here's the album art that wasn't in Nipponsei's package:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5271/covercw5.jpg

Katsura
Fri, 09-19-2008, 11:20 PM
This show is so great that I couldn't wait and watched the raws :eek:

Board of Command
Sat, 09-20-2008, 01:35 PM
This show is so great that I couldn't wait and watched the raws :eek:
This is a bit extreme. I don't think this series is that great...

meller
Sun, 09-21-2008, 02:25 PM
for the impatient ones: group called A.S.S. has released EP17-22:

EP17 (http://www.datorrents.com/download/39635-allison-to-lilia-17-h264-aac-a-s-s-mkv/)
EP18 (http://www.datorrents.com/download/39653-allison-to-lillia-18-h264-aac-a-s-s-mkv/)
EP19 (http://datorrents.com/download/39669-allison-to-lillia-19-h264-aac-a-s-s-mkv/)
EP20 (http://datorrents.com/download/39675-allison-to-lillia-20-h264-aac-a-s-s-mkv/)
EP21 (http://datorrents.com/download/39680-allison-and-lillia-21-h264-aac-a-s-s-mkv/)
EP22 (http://datorrents.com/download/39684-allison-and-lillia-22-h264-aac-a-s-s-mkv/)

KR,

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Allison - Ariel Superiority

Allison & Lillia 17 (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_17_%5BBE3F1C04%5D.mkv.torrent)
Allison & Lillia 18 (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_18_%5BB00592A3%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Wed, 10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Not bad episodes. Too bad Treize lost his prize. I guess Lillia didn't have the guts to do it when Treize was asking for it, instead of she surprising him with it, thus gaining the upper hand. Quite an endearing couple so far. I wonder if Treize made his decision already, and thus was in hurry to go back suddenly.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Quite an endearing couple so far. I wonder if Treize made his decision already, and thus was in hurry to go back suddenly.

That seems like the case, especially since Lillia unknowingly accepted his marriage proposal.

Allison sure stole the show in episode 17. I guess there are some things that don't change after all. Her playfulness was still there, and it's only bolstered by her insane piloting skills.

As for will, I have to say I was slightly surprised he was going to let the plane crash so he could catch the old man. In that way, he thought the same way as the terrorist pilot: a few young lives for a greater purpose. Doesn't seem like his usual self. How contempt he is with the situation I'm not sure though.

Or did he actually have Allison on standby to catch them after the plane launched?

Kraco
Thu, 10-02-2008, 01:23 AM
I find it hard to believe Wil would have just left all the kids die. He's an intelligence officer, true, and thus expected to be cold and villainous, but... he's still Wil. I can't see what his other master plan was going to be, though. I'd almost like to believe he didn't do anything because he knew Treize and Lillia would save the plane but since the whole operation was far longer in planning, that's kind of unlikely, unless he suddenly dropped some big original part of it and decided to rely on Treize and Lillia instead. That would actually make sense considering what he and Allison were already doing at that age.

Kraco
Thu, 10-09-2008, 12:53 PM
His usual self:

Episode 19 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_19_%5BB1D91243%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - -

Edit: A jolly episode. Allison is still pretty hasty, it seems. Treize seems to be more determined than Wil, which is a good thing, even though he also would need a little push every now and then, but can't blame him. It's pretty realistic. I wonder if he will actually blurt out the big secret by accident instead of making purposeful grand revelation to Lillia. Allison judges her daughter correctly to be thick headed, but on the other hand it's nice how comfortable Lillia is in Treize's company.

Kraco
Tue, 10-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Words not easily spoken:

Episode 20 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_20_%5B02C1EAEE%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Dynamites always mean something explosive will happen!! :D

I loved the pacing this episode. It started slow, with the whole New Year atmosphere, then gradually built it up with Benedict's life on the line and Treize's cart flying dangerously fast. You'd imagine at least a twisted ankle or something coming off so fast. Seeing Warren really shows how much time has passed despite it only feeling like a few years has passed.

And it seems Lillia has a cute weakness of her own:o

Kraco
Wed, 10-15-2008, 05:04 AM
The pacing certainly was generally good. How the criminals conducted their business, though, is a pretty hard thing pacing wise. Logically thinking they would need to operate very fast as there's always a risk of troops arriving to rescue the hostages, but on the other hand not only are Fiona and Benedict tough customers but also I don't think those people were any veteran criminals either. So, in the end they gave the image of taking their jolly time to actually try to get anything out of Fiona.

Lastly, there's no plot a few dynamites couldn't make even better!

Munsu
Mon, 10-20-2008, 08:29 AM
I take it you guys are watching the AniYoshi version still? Good, that way I wont get spoiled.

I want Treize to tell his secret already, I've always kinda hated this plot devices kinda like masked heroes being unable to tell the truth to people they're close to.

I want to see Wil in action though, so I hope he gets there in time to kick some ass.

Munsu
Thu, 11-06-2008, 09:51 AM
21:
http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_21_%5B34AF813B%5D.mkv.torrent

Kraco
Thu, 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM
A really good episode. Though it had too few explosions, considering the amount of dynamite at their disposal, but I guess it can't be helped since their aim was to save people. It's also nicely realistic how their little rescue operation didn't proceed smoothly or according to the plan as they aren't any pros. The confession game also progressed and it'd be a miracle in itself if it isn't solved soon.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-06-2008, 07:42 PM
This show really does a good job at building tension, even if they often end them in the most anti-climatic ways possible. The wardrobe scene and the dynamite scene were both done well, and both times I was thinking "Oh Sh*t, they've found them!!" I almost had the same feeling when the guy went to snipe Treize, if it wasn't so obvious that it hit his gun :p.

I hope the man in white featured in the preview means we'll finally get some Wil/Travis action. It'll be interesting to see what a few years in the army, even if it's the Intelligence Service, has taught him in terms of close combat training. Maybe even some of that sharp shooting we've always been told about, but rarely shown.

Kraco
Sun, 11-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Bond, Treize Bond:

Epsiode 22 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_22_%5B71B829A3%5D.mkv.torrent)

Munsu
Sun, 11-30-2008, 11:53 AM
23 is out too:
http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_23_%5B6DF0BB14%5D.mkv.torrent

Kraco
Sun, 11-30-2008, 12:27 PM
It's starting to look like Treize's confession is going to be the culmination of this Lillia half of the series, so much they are pushing it towards the end of the series. Not that I'm complaining, considering what manner of a series this is. It's to be expected.

Kind of funny and nice how it's again a train where the big things will happen, or start to happen, just like in the Allison portion.

Kraco
Tue, 12-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Drama on the tracks:

Episode 24 - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_24_%5B2BDDBFBC%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-03-2008, 01:12 AM
It's pleasing to see that years of training has taught Travas some close combat skills, while Lillia managed to be quite the marksman (assuming she did, in fact, aim to miss).

Like Kraco said, despite the initial airplane settings in the initial arcs (and trailers), the climaxes of this show are actually on trains, with both Allison and Lillia stories mirroring each other (both had an initial airplane arc, followed by a royal family conspiracy, and ending on a train.)

Matilda turned out to be a really gentle character, and the way she felt for Lillia makes me wonder if she'll declare Travas KIA to grant them some happiness.

(Claire too, was surprisingly soft when she learned Lillia wasn't the princess, or before that even. I suppose that was kind of necessary to make her more forgivable by the end of it. What I didn't quite understand was why the royal family of Ikstova didn't want the valley to be used during the war. I always thought Ikstova was allied with Roxche.

Edit: replaced all "Treize" with "Travas"

Kraco
Wed, 12-03-2008, 02:00 AM
Matilda turned out to be a really gentle character, and the way she felt for Lillia makes me wonder if she'll declare Treize KIA to grant them some happiness.

Declare Treize dead? Surely not. That would mean Treize would need to assume a new identity and cut his ties with his parents and sister. Matilda doesn't actually need to do anything but make sure Treize doesn't choose her because of political reasons. She seems to possess some good intel figuring out immediately Lillia was Travas's daughter, so who knows, she might already know or guess Treize really loves Lillia.

Oh... Maybe you by mistake called Travas Treize? But that would be no good, either, because the man works for the intelligence and I doubt they would fail to notice the real situation. She could, perhaps, affect things so Travas would retire earlier. But I doubt the man himself wants to do that yet.

When Matilda suddenly stood up in front of Lillia, I thought for a moment she was going to reveal to Lillia her old man actually lives.

What I didn't quite understand was why the royal family of Ikstova didn't want the valley to be used during the war. I always thought Ikstova was allied with Roxche.

Maybe they both wanted to make sure those primitive people there wouldn't be relocated and wanted to maintain the status quo in the war situation. That in itself would of course be already a treason of a sort, but who knows, maybe they were that kind of people, pacifists or had ancient ties with Sou Beil.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I mean Travas. That's what happens when A-yoshi stalls the show for a month or two :p

I suppose you're right in that Travas probably won't want to leave so soon. After all, he was the one who made the decision to serve the country, not hers. Interestingly, Wil Schultz was a citizen of Roxche, not Sou-Beil.

Munsu
Wed, 12-03-2008, 06:13 PM
24 was a good episode, next one looks like it'll have a ton of action. But man, Lillia has been completely useless in this second half of the series. Allison is 10 times the character she is.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-03-2008, 06:31 PM
She does seem a little that way. During the Allison arcs, Allison took the offensive romantically speaking and air combat-wise, while Wil had his deductive abilities, and the occasional show of sharpshooting. In the Lillia parts, Treize takes on the romantic leader, pilot and deductive mind, leaving Lillia seemingly only inheriting Travas' eyes & hair, and Allison's impulsiveness and spunk. Actually, I dare say Treize probably has more courage than Lillia, mainly due to his upbringing.

Still, I can't bring myself to hate her, despite all that.

Munsu
Wed, 12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
I don't hate her or anything... just saying she's useless. But as much as Wil seemed like an idiot, he pulled through when it counted.

Kraco
Thu, 12-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Hmm... I actually never thought about it but you are right. I guess I didn't realise it because I still don't hate her character, just like Buffalobiian said. In her defense it needs to be said, though, that unlike Allison Lillia has so far got little do with anything that's going on. In other words, they aren't her "projects" and moreover she's surrounded with people who actually know pretty much everything that's going on and can thus easily act accordingly. Back with Wil and Allison, those two weren't in such a sheltered situation or they even were knowingly risking themselves.

Munsu
Thu, 12-04-2008, 06:07 AM
They should just have her doing the Lillia Kick more often in a couple of baddies here and there. That should take care of it.

This is nothing really to do with her character, but more with what they're doing with her... would like to see her in a more active role. The last arc would've been a good time to showcase her a bit more when she got separated from Treize, but she got herself kidnapped.

Maybe in this arc she'll find herself alone once again, and maybe do something worthwhile to solve a crisis. But she's a common civilian, so can't expect much... Daughter of two kick ass military men, she should be kickass herself.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Daughter of two kick ass military men, she should be kickass herself.

About that, did they ever mention if Allison kept in touch with her father? Or if Lillia knew her grandfather? I suppose, as is the case of Wil, they had to keep it hidden. You really have to feel for Lillia, being in that situation. I find it, not so much odd, but interesting that Allison hasn't pained to tell Lillia the truth. If she did, they never showed it.

(I'll assume Munsu meant Lillia was the descendant of two military men :p)

Munsu
Thu, 12-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Wil and Allison are both military people... and Lillia is their daughter...

As for Allison's father, not sure if they have made mention of it.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I was hinting at the men part... still, not as confusing as my typo :p

Munsu
Mon, 12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
25:
http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_25_%5BEA766380%5D.mkv.torrent

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-16-2008, 01:07 AM
-Are the studio staff animating Naruto watching this? Because this is how stare-downs are done! This show's always found ways to mix in slow paced scenes enjoyably, whether by genre handicap or other means.

-It was sort of obvious they're not after the queen last episode, but some things don't quite add up. Firstly, if their target was Treize, why would the guy in brown say "too bad" when he was left behind on the second train last ep? If their plan was to lure the security away, then wanting Treize to go with them doesn't make sense, meaning he's probably not their target.

Capturing Lillia, on the other hand makes even less sense. She's got no real political influence (yet), and her mother seems to be a rather high ranking pilot (but no more). Holding her hostage because she's liked by Treize hints the real target's him.

-I guess the next episode will show, but this seems to be an awfully complicated plan just to score a hit.

-I liked how Lillia's (seemingly) oblivious to Treize's situation/feelings right up to the final episode (even to the preview), keeping it consistent with Allison&Wil.

Kraco
Tue, 12-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Why on earth did Allison and Treize run after the train and not capture the dude delaying Treize? I'm sure they could have got something out of him with a little punching.

Anyway, I think the target might still be the princess. Just the prison dude concocted a really twisted and indirect plot of getting her. Maybe he didn't trust in their chances of succeeding in assassinating her while she was properly guarded on her own train, and so he calculated it so that she would be coming along with Travas to rescue Treize and Lillia. When that happens, it would be the prison dude's playground this time. Quite a risk to take, in any case.

Munsu
Tue, 12-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Why on earth did Allison and Treize run after the train and not capture the dude delaying Treize? I'm sure they could have got something out of him with a little punching.

Anyway, I think the target might still be the princess. Just the prison dude concocted a really twisted and indirect plot of getting her. Maybe he didn't trust in their chances of succeeding in assassinating her while she was properly guarded on her own train, and so he calculated it so that she would be coming along with Travas to rescue Treize and Lillia. When that happens, it would be the prison dude's playground this time. Quite a risk to take, in any case.
Na', I'm pretty sure that Treize is the target...

I'm confused about Ann though... was she part of the plot? At first I thought she was, but seeing how the events transpired afterward I'm leaning towards no.

Kraco
Sat, 12-20-2008, 12:57 PM
The end is near when the end is here:

Episode 26 Final - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_26_%5B8F1D319B%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - - - -

Edit: No need to spend two thoughts into deciding where the focus was in this last episode. The action was dodgy at best and made little sense if any at all, but I liked the moments between Lillia and Treize as well as the total circle of the series with Treize "dying". Even though it probably won't be as official and secretive as in the Wil/Travas case.

It's funny they didn't even bother to explain how #42 had planned to survive the crash (and how Treize obviously survived it as well), but then again, being 42, he must have known everything, escape routes included. Nor was it explained who the heck the princess's fan was, and why he was involved in this all.

Well, what is important is that Treize and Lillia got each other, of course. Nothing else matters.

David75
Sat, 12-20-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm hoping for a batch dl to arrive soon so that I can watch that one ;) When I realized it could be fun, it was too late to participate

Munsu
Sat, 12-20-2008, 05:39 PM
The end is near when the end is here:

Episode 26 Final - AniYoshi (http://a.scarywater.net/animeyoshi/%5BAniYoshi%5D_Allison_to_Lillia_-_26_%5B8F1D319B%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - - - -

Edit: No need to spend two thoughts into deciding where the focus was in this last episode. The action was dodgy at best and made little sense if any at all, but I liked the moments between Lillia and Treize as well as the total circle of the series with Treize "dying". Even though it probably won't be as official and secretive as in the Wil/Travas case.

It's funny they didn't even bother to explain how #42 had planned to survive the crash (and how Treize obviously survived it as well), but then again, being 42, he must have known everything, escape routes included. Nor was it explained who the heck the princess's fan was, and why he was involved in this all.

Well, what is important is that Treize and Lillia got each other, of course. Nothing else matters.
The climaxes in this series have always sucked... don't know why we should've expected any better. I liked the Wil & Allison ending better, with them getting married and all. This storyline could've done with a couple of more episodes... I certainly wanted her to learn about Travas being her father and stuff. Also, I didn't like how Treize's sister was non-existant in this series, would've liked to see some interaction between Lillia and her since she was rooting for the Queen.

Kraco
Sat, 12-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah, this really felt like cut short, and no way the director could help it. Treize's sister was indeed marginalized terribly. And like you said, so many loose threads were left hanging it's not ever funny. They would have needed two eps to sort them all out - or at least one if they borrowed a director from Code Geass...

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-21-2008, 01:55 AM
The climaxes in this series have always sucked... don't know why we should've expected any better.

Neither do I, but I had high expectations anyway, only to be reminded this is, after all, Allion&Lillia :p.

And like you said, so many loose threads were left hanging it's not ever funny

On the contrary, the head-scratchers this episode were so outrageous I was bordering on laughter. #42 was a sophisticated criminal......what was he, a train mechanic? Treize's fury of punches were easily read, but a wide swinging kick from an airplane was not:confused:

The parents didn't do much better...For a natural marksman and trained soldier, Wil sure took his time to aim...with an SMG? And Allison's flying through the woods had little point beside showing off a bit of skill, and maybe dying in the process.

I'm not even going to touch on how Treize survived and evaded aerial detection.

Anti-climaxes are nothing new, but they did save a show's worth of plotholes for this one finale.

------------------------------
All that aside, I liked the other bits. Maybe not so much the confession though, since Mr 42 made it a little awkward. He was more facilitating their get-together than a Death God.

Treize's "death scene" was really well done, and was emotionally the highest peak in this second half of the show. As much as the sound helped, it was the lack of it right that moment which created the shock factor.

Comparing both halves, I too enjoyed Allison&Wil more, because there was actual tension(If anything in this series can be labeled as such) between the frustrated Allison and (seemingly) oblivious Wil, while Treize and Lillia have pretty much cruised through their arcs with zero character development. Partially, that's why the first half felt more "conclusive", as things actually happened. Still, the school dance can be thought of as Lillia's wedding equivalent, and Treize taking the initiative, though not as dramatic, is proof enough he's made his choice.

26 episodes isn't exactly long by anime standards. Looking back at how everything started however (thanks to the biplane flashback), it certainly has felt like an adventure. Starting at an orphanage reunion, we've flown, skied, swam and train-ridden not only across both countries, but from one generation to the next, with the latter in essence re-living the first. That in particular was a nice feature, paying homage to their parents, but also lacked originality somewhat.

Climax(es) are nonexistent, but one thing the studio did get right was pacing. Steady, consistent pacing (mimicking the slow and steady footsteps of travelers), Allison&Lillia has definitely captured the essence of the adventure genre.

A refreshing change from the latest anime trends, Allison&Lillia has its highs just as it has lows. Likable characters, easy yet steady pacing and ever-changing scenery has pulled it through sub-par climaxes from start to finish.

Final impressions: "It's been a fun ride".

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-05-2009, 01:50 AM
[Nipponsei] Allison to Lillia Original Soundtrack II.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Allison%20to%20Lillia%20Original %20Soundtrack%20II.zip.torrent)