PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 166

Penner
Wed, 04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Bleach 166 out by DB (http://dattebayo.com/t/b166.torrent)

Even though Grimmjow's released form is ugly as crap and Nel is annoying to no end, and also disregarding the GARGANTUAN power-jump Ichigo apparently got from nowhere this ep kicked freakin' ass!

I thought Ichigo could only have his hollowform for roughly 11 seconds(iirc) and i don't really know how much actual "bleach" time elapsed during that fight but it must have passed the 11sec limit several times over and he actually used his hand and re-built the mask when it appeared to be breaking...sup with that? ^^

still, awesome ep!

*UPDATE*
The Bleach 166 HD version is a troll, so don't bother downloading it.

Inazuma
Wed, 04-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Uber Ownage.

Plot holes that are the size of URSS, Nel screaming, Grimjoww looking like shit but after seeing the raw. The only thing I can say, is " Who Gives a shit ? "

Pure action, quality animation, no recycled moves. Bleach is back in it's old tracks.
Kicking ass and not explaining much.

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Is the MKV / HDTV version real? or just another troll?

spoolage
Wed, 04-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Even tho Inoue's crying was a little lame... this was the most poignant ending to Bleach that I have ever seen --- maybe any anime for that matter --- from 20:50 till the end of the episode, was perfect... When Ichigo turns his head sympathetically towards Grim like he can't play games any more; I almost felt a tear emerge :D

Crash
Thu, 04-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Wow, awesome episode. Best fight scene we've had since the first time Ichigo fought Grimmjow. I am not at all dissapointed, that fight was everything i hoped it would be. Looks like Ichigo took a page out of Goku's book though. Death+Resurection= enormous power jump for Ichigo it seems.

12345p
Thu, 04-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Is the MKV / HDTV version real? or just another troll?
7min left on my Azureus download. I ain't sleeping till I can offer my opinion.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 04-10-2008, 02:10 AM
The HDTV/MKV, It's a troll. :)

12345p
Thu, 04-10-2008, 02:19 AM
7min left on my Azureus download. I ain't sleeping till I can offer my opinion.
Nope. It's a farce. Don't even think about whenever Dattebayo releases stuff in MKV.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR BANDWITDTH

I'd offer up a snapshot but my x64 version of media player classic isn't giving me a nice picture to save.

Cheers,
12345p

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-10-2008, 04:16 AM
Omg, episode was fucking tits.

So much badassery.

Grimmjows release was weird, but it looked so awesome in motion I didn't care.

I don't know if Ichigo is way more powerful. But I think maybe the 11 seconds lasts alot longer in Heuco Mundo. It is the world of hollows afterall. Neither of the other two fights he used it here actually went the full 11. He one shotted the first guy, and Ulqiorra defeated him in less than 11 seconds even with the mask.

So, I think its just the location that makes it last so much longer.

Ichigo actually looks like an Arrancar atm with his mask half broken.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-10-2008, 10:58 AM
YES! That was the best episode in a long time, and this is the fight I've been wating for the most. Grimjoww's release is a little weird but it's different and interesting. But I have to say suped up Hollow Mode Ichigo is where most of the awesome lies this ep. I loved the way they added the black Getsuga Tenshou effect to so many of his regular sword swings, I always envisioned that it would activate even when he swung as close range and he only called the name when he was using it at a projectile.

The fact that his mask lasts far longer than 11 seconds is a tad curious, however at this point I really don't care as a fight that's over in 11 seconds would be boring anyway. Plus, I loved the classic shounen hero ending where he turned the tide of the battle just by getting some encouragement from a friend. Can't wait for the next ep.

Kraco
Thu, 04-10-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm not actually wondering at the breaking of the 11 seconds. Somebody already said a long time ago than Ichigo doesn't learn in a dojo but only in a serious battle. Maybe until now he was a bit lost but let's remember this is the first battle so far after he met Inoue. I personally think that changes a lot. The 11 seconds limit was only established in those stupid looking fights he had with the Vaizards and in those short fights against other people when he had yet little real experience of fighting these new bad guys in his new bad form.

As the very ending of this episode showed in the most badass manner, Ichigo is only beginning to find himself. Breaking the artificial sounding 11 seconds limit is the least of the things he should be able to do.

Jessper
Thu, 04-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Absolutely stunning. Makes me wonder why I watch Naruto. I'll wait a month per episode if the quality is anywhere near this.

About the mask situation, the logic behind questioning something when they discuss it in the episode will never make sense to me. Obviously why he can keep his mask on longer isn't revealed exactly but Grimmjow's second guess seems to be what we are supposed to believe. Maybe people are too used to shows telling them exactly what happened...

Harima Kenji
Thu, 04-10-2008, 01:16 PM
This was the best Bleach ep in a LONG time... that doesn't mean that the previous ones were bad, but this one just kicked so much ass. :)
The animation ruled, the action was cool.. and even the 'to be continued' screen had an amazing effect.

The only downpoint I can think of is Grimmjow's ears.. just...wrong..

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 04-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Best episode ever! Grimmjaw's Release looks just as cool as in the manga. The movements were so smooth and like said above all new moves isntead of recycled. <3 Grimmjaw.

And about the mask, Ichigo actually wants to fight this time. Most of the time he did it because it was neccecary. But now he wants to fight. Hollows are evil and fight alot too so I guess that would explain it. That his lust for battle fuels the mask somehow =\

Chiodos
Thu, 04-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Am I the only one that didn't feel the Bleach-ish in this episode?
I know I've been fucked up from behind with the "comic relief" characters to much but wow, almost noooooo dialouges at all. Wich makes me happy.

This episode was actually really nice and they did very well with the stretchy fight.
Although one bullshit factor at the end though..

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Absolutely stunning. Makes me wonder why I watch Naruto. I'll wait a month per episode if the quality is anywhere near this.

About the mask situation, the logic behind questioning something when they discuss it in the episode will never make sense to me. Obviously why he can keep his mask on longer isn't revealed exactly but Grimmjow's second guess seems to be what we are supposed to believe. Maybe people are too used to shows telling them exactly what happened...That's true, but Bleach has a habit of not explaining ANYTHING.

There's so many hanging plot threads in Bleach right now its like watching Lost.

Y
Thu, 04-10-2008, 03:52 PM
That's true, but Bleach has a habit of not explaining ANYTHING.

There's so many hanging plot threads in Bleach right now its like watching Lost.

Bleach actually does usually explain it. Details like Ichigo's mask coming into play hundreds of chapters before we find out he's been Hollowfied, or Unohana saying there's something wrong with Aizen's dead body, or Shinji appearing on the cover of chapter one, or Isshin giving Kon the amulet. I'd say that Ichigo having an "evil" spirit energy and being able to maintain his mask for a long period of time is probably a tell.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 04-10-2008, 05:16 PM
It was a great ep, leaves me wondering how time passes there though. Cuz he has had his mask on for a long time. And didnt he have like a 30 Second Limit? Still a cool ep. Love Inoue's reaction to Hollow Ichigo.

Jeff_from_MD
Thu, 04-10-2008, 07:55 PM
dude, grimjoww's release kicked ass. He's built as thin as ichigo's bankai, know what I mean?

They're such a match for each other, that I actually hope Grimmjow sticks around for good. With him dead, that las noches place is gonna be too borin'.

Board of Command
Thu, 04-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Mask theory: Ichigo is the perfect Arrancar. He's a hollow who completely removed his mask and lost all of his hollow memories in the process. The only thing that remained is the inner hollow (white Ichigo).

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-10-2008, 10:06 PM
I was under the impression that Inoue saw Ichigo hollowized with the Vaizards...

must have been filler... or my imagination.

Crash
Thu, 04-10-2008, 11:11 PM
She went to the Vaizard hideout, but i don't believe she saw his masked form while she was there. The first time he never used it (at least not that we saw) while she was present and the second time he did use it, but she was preoccupied with Hachi and so i don't think she noticed or atleast didn't get a good look at it. In any case this would have been her first real up close look at Ichigo's Vaizard form.

Jessper
Fri, 04-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Bleach actually does usually explain it. Details like Ichigo's mask coming into play hundreds of chapters before we find out he's been Hollowfied, or Unohana saying there's something wrong with Aizen's dead body, or Shinji appearing on the cover of chapter one, or Isshin giving Kon the amulet. I'd say that Ichigo having an "evil" spirit energy and being able to maintain his mask for a long period of time is probably a tell.

Long time no see Y.

I'm pleased with how that works in Bleach, it isn't there to make sure that the 3 year olds understand it. This is how GOOD film works; everyone should be able to at least see this even if they don't understand it.

Archangel
Fri, 04-11-2008, 09:28 AM
TOTALLY WORTH THE 3 WEEKS!!

I dont even give a shit that this super powerup was completely retarded and made no sense whatsoever, this episode was 1000% BADASS!!

Grim looked way cooler than he initially looked in the preview, ichigo's mask half torn off was amazing and the whole episode was awsome

I hope this battle isn't done just yet, i want to see much more b4 that

V
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Fantastic episode. Grimmjow did mention something about how Ichigo is more powerful and is surprised he can hold the mask for longer, perhaps without even realising it. Besides, we don't need to be told every littly detail right away. I hated that about Bleach for a while now.

Also, anyone remember how Ichigo was in hollow form (without the mask) when Inoue was healing him in past episodes? Maybe that had something to do with it? See, I like wanting to know more about what's going on. Suspense is good. There was none of that for a long time.

Archangel
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Also, anyone remember how Ichigo was in hollow form (without the mask) when Inoue was healing him in past episodes?

... i'm quite sure i have no idea what you're talking about. Anyone?

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Wow. Speechless. Absolutely amazing episode. Grimm's released form is hilarious, he's like a cat diva or something.

I'm prolly the only one who liked Orihime and Nel getting all doubful, and the only time I liked Nel was when she screamed at Orihime. (It makes me wonder if Nel was inserted into the anime only so she could scream at Orihime? XD I'm still waiting for her other friends to show some value.)

Now I'm aching with suspense, I'm going to wait awhile to marathon this again. Oh and the last 10 seconds were absolutely priceless, including the screenshot on the first page. But WTF @ him suddenly getting MUCH more powerful when Orihime showed she cared? I understand that he was fighting a little worse when he realized Ori was scared (who wouldn't after going all that way) but wow. Oh well, it made the ending ownage though.

When Ichigo turns his head sympathetically towards Grim like he can't play games any more; I almost felt a tear emerge :D

I totally agree. RIP Grimm! XD

Archangel
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Lol saphy weren't you a little more surprised with the power up he got when comparing to the ulquiora fight?

Weird math : Ulquiora > Masked Ichigo and yet , Grim = U even if only for a litle while and apparently Masked Ichigo > Released grim

... that made any sense to you? Not that i really mind, as long as i keep seeing fight scenes with this kind of animation they can give ichigo a chicken head as a power up for all i care

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:11 PM
No, Ulquiorra is notably stronger than Grimm rank wise, and Ichigo already had injuries etc. Grimm and Ulq (obviously) weren't going all out at all, it was like they were poking each other, so that doesn't count. Masked Ichigo was up to par with Grimm until he released and saw he saw Ori all fearful of him.

Abdula
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Lol saphy weren't you a little more surprised with the power up he got when comparing to the ulquiora fight?

Weird math : Ulquiora > Masked Ichigo and yet , Grim = U even if only for a litle while and apparently Masked Ichigo > Released grim

... that made any sense to you? Not that i really mind, as long as i keep seeing fight scenes with this kind of animation they can give ichigo a chicken head as a power up for all i care
See if we remove this Grim=U from the equation then it'll make sense. Ulq > Masked Ichigo ≥ Released Grim. Btw to you guys who think that Ichigo is more powerful than Grim then you should take a look back at say Ichigo v Byakuya.

Okay Archangel hope you're satisfied.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
lol I say it also depends on 'mood'/point in story, but currently, yeah.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-12-2008, 02:30 AM
About Ichigo's sudden power boost...

Now that his mask is torn in half...maybe Ichigo has obtained Arrancar power!

Sam98034
Sat, 04-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Btw to you guys who think that Ichigo is more powerful than Grim then you should take a look back at say Ichigo v Byakuya.

Huh? What do you mean by that?

Crash
Sat, 04-12-2008, 04:40 PM
. Btw to you guys who think that Ichigo is more powerful than Grim then you should take a look back at say Ichigo v Byakuya.

Ichigo vs Byakuya isn't really a great comparison. A lot of that fight can be attributed to the fact that Byakuya's pride blinded him quite a bit and because of it he greatly underestimated Ichigo. Due to that Byakua really didn't come at Ichigo full tilt until they had both been extremely exhausted, and then just as it was obvious Ichigo was finished Hichigo comes out and deals some severe damage to Byakuya to even the fight back out.

Grimmjow suffers from none of that, he's been coming at Ichigo full strength from the outset. If Ichigo beats Grim now it's because he is actually stronger, not because he held back.

Y
Sun, 04-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Ichigo vs Byakuya isn't really a great comparison. A lot of that fight can be attributed to the fact that Byakuya's pride blinded him quite a bit and because of it he greatly underestimated Ichigo. Due to that Byakua really didn't come at Ichigo full tilt until they had both been extremely exhausted, and then just as it was obvious Ichigo was finished Hichigo comes out and deals some severe damage to Byakuya to even the fight back out.

Ichigo was much more powerful than Kuchiki Byakuya. Not only does Ichigo foolishly fight Byakuya's Bankai for a while with just his Shikai, but at the very start of the fight Ichigo gets into a kill position and then lets Byakuya go because he is showing off. Ichigo could have literally killed Byakuya in one swing but because he is the protagonist he has to instead get the shit beaten out of him first them come from behind to win.

Kraco
Sun, 04-13-2008, 03:05 AM
It surely didn't seem to me like that. Ichigo let Byakuya go, Byakuya let Ichigo go. He didn't, for example, use that magic spell to hit Ichigo right in the middle of his head or heart, which he could have done just as well as hitting him at a random nonlethal location. And we will never know what might have happened if he had gone all out right from the beginning.

And besides, did the last clash look to you like Ichigo was massively overpowering Byakuya? In my version of the episode it surely looked like Ichigo only won by a bit. I think it all goes down to the fact Ichigo really didn't want to kill Rukia's big brother, and Byakuya might have even wanted, at some subconscious level, Ichigo to win so that he would have a reason to try to save Rukia instead of supporting her execution. So, I don't seriously think that fight to be a really good measure of their powers.

But needless to say, now Ichigo is for sure a lot more powerful.

Sam98034
Sun, 04-13-2008, 05:19 AM
Well it seems Ichigo doesn't just completely overpower him the next episode. Apparently they were both holding back for some reason, like in the previous fight. And now, at least for Ichigo at the end of the episode, he realizes he has to go all out evidently.

Jessper
Sun, 04-13-2008, 11:39 AM
And besides, did the last clash look to you like Ichigo was massively overpowering Byakuya? In my version of the episode it surely looked like Ichigo only won by a bit.

Right at the end of the fight Ichigo can't even stand unaided, Byakuya flash steps away after telling him he has won because he cut his sword. Obviously Byakuya could have finished him off right there. Byakuya in fact let Ichigo live

Y
Sun, 04-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Right at the end of the fight Ichigo can't even stand unaided, Byakuya flash steps away after telling him he has won because he cut his sword. Obviously Byakuya could have finished him off right there. Byakuya in fact let Ichigo live

Ichigo was obviously more powerful and Byakuya was obviously more skilled (and had more stamina due to Ichigo struggling to suppress his Hollow). Before the fight even starts Ichigo blocks and destroys the giant million-strong phoenix zanpakutou. Then he stupidly fights Byakuya's Bankai with his Shikai and gets completely fucked up, bleeding out everywhere, etc. Even after that, he goes into Bankai and easily defeats Byakuya's Bankai. It's only after he refuses to kill him in one strike and lets himself get worn down by Byakuya's superior stamina and skill that he gets into a losing position.

Yukimura
Sun, 04-13-2008, 04:45 PM
I have to fully agree with Y. At the time that Ichigo and Byakuya began fighting Ichigo had more potential to kill Byakuya than Byakuya had potential to kill Ichigo.

Ichigo's bankai speed gave him ample opportunity to kill Byakuya as even Byakuya admitted. The fact that Ichigo wanted to embarrass Byakuya and make him see the error of his ways instead of just killing him is the reason he didn't win immediately. Similarly once Ichigo had given up his overwhelming speed advantage by exhausting himself Byakuya had ample ability to kill Ichigo with his superior technique and style. However he also wanted to embarrass Ichigo and make him see the error of his ways, which I believe is why he also didn't go for the kill.

Jessper
Sun, 04-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Ichigo was obviously more powerful and Byakuya was obviously more skilled (and had more stamina due to Ichigo struggling to suppress his Hollow). Before the fight even starts Ichigo blocks and destroys the giant million-strong phoenix zanpakutou. Then he stupidly fights Byakuya's Bankai with his Shikai and gets completely fucked up, bleeding out everywhere, etc. Even after that, he goes into Bankai and easily defeats Byakuya's Bankai. It's only after he refuses to kill him in one strike and lets himself get worn down by Byakuya's superior stamina and skill that he gets into a losing position.

Agreed, I was simply commenting on the idea of Ichigo barely wining after the final clash when he didn't. Ichigo is stronger than Byakuya for sure.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Especially now. :p

Vizored power 4tw!

ruccus
Mon, 04-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Did anyone notice Halibel's sword strapped to her back? Probably the wrost comparison, but if you have seen Sonny Chiba's Street Fighter, the assassin has a sword that looked very similar.

All in all, awesome episode. It's been great for the past 6 months or so for me, so this one was no surprise.

Pessu
Tue, 04-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Agreed, I was simply commenting on the idea of Ichigo barely wining after the final clash when he didn't. Ichigo is stronger than Byakuya for sure.

By any logic Ichigo is 100x stronger than any other shinigami. But dont worry this is drag... no wait this is bleach... Well you can bet every captain has had a power jump by the next time they actually fight.

Abdula
Tue, 04-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Thats kinda silly since even if you guys think Ichigo was stronger than Byakuya, which I don't, its not as if Byakuya was anywhere near to being the most powerful captain and there is the fact that all the other shinigami are supposed to be preparing to battle Aizen and his arrancar so they most certainly would have gotten much stronger as well. Thinking that Ichigo is much stronger than any of the others is just ridiculous since SS is supposed to be preparing to battle Aizen and the arrancars as well and if the best Ichigo can do is #6 then there isn't much hope now is there. Sure Ichigo has gotten stronger but he is in no way the strongest.

Archangel
Tue, 04-15-2008, 10:45 AM
But needless to say, now Ichigo is for sure a lot more powerful.

Hmm i'm not so sure about that. Since tousen took off grims arm with only his shikai I've been wondering if the captains have been training to become more powerful as well. It would make sense since both sides know that there's gonna be a great war soon.

And in my opinion the fight between ichigo and Byakuya was extremely even. You may say that ichigo seemed to have the upper hand for most of the fight but i'd have to say that it was only because Byakuya had no idea he had gotten so strong in such a short while. How the hell would u feel if the guy u basically raped in the ass with just a flash step would come back a few days later with a freaking bankai??!

darkmetal505
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Is Ichigo able to keep is mask on longer because of his will or because he was resurrected by Orihime?

Archangel
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:12 AM
He has been healed by orichime a thousand times and he isn't a sayan so i wouldn't really think that was the reason.

Btw, we have no proof that ichigo was dead, we've seen him get out of some massive injuries before.

Kraco
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:33 AM
And in my opinion the fight between ichigo and Byakuya was extremely even. You may say that ichigo seemed to have the upper hand for most of the fight but i'd have to say that it was only because Byakuya had no idea he had gotten so strong in such a short while. How the hell would u feel if the guy u basically raped in the ass with just a flash step would come back a few days later with a freaking bankai??!

Well, I'm not saying Byakuya would be weak and even in my opinion their first fight was extremely even, although it was also the worst possible fight to judge their levels of power because both seriously lacked killing intent. However, Ichigo wasn't a vaizard back then. His power level probably multiplied with that transformation. It's kind of hard to imagine Byakuya to suddenly come up with a similar new power boost. Yet it's conceivable Byakuya might fight differently if they faced again. He has hundreds of years of combat experience, whereas Ichigo has... A year? Or however long has he been a shinigami so far.

Archangel
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah, but there has ever been a time for Byakuya to get more powerful this would be it wouldn't it? I would still like to assume that he has a couple of aces up his sleeve anyway.

Sam98034
Tue, 04-15-2008, 04:08 PM
If Grim's 5 bombs didn't do much to Ichigo, I can't see how Byakuya's sword would do much damage now. This doen't necessarily have to be logical though.

Archangel
Tue, 04-15-2008, 04:59 PM
If Grim's 5 bombs didn't do much to Ichigo, I can't see how Byakuya's sword would do much damage now. This doen't necessarily have to be logical though.

Dude that comparison is beyond retarded. You don't know Byakuya's current power level and comparing him back then to grim right now is just stupid, sorry.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-16-2008, 02:52 AM
its not as if Byakuya was anywhere near to being the most powerful captain You don't think so?

I think the only Captains stronger than Byakuya were Aizen and Yamamoto.

You just get that impression for the way other people react to him.

Yukimura
Wed, 04-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I feel dirty for even semi-agreeing with The Archangel but that's a reasonable point. It's been about over a month since the SS Arc. The Shounen Series Power Curve Theory predicts it wouldn't be a stretch for Byakuya to now be more powerful than Jesus, Vishnu, Bhudda, and all the Power Rangers combined.

Anyway, I would have definitely put Aizen, Kyoraku, Ukitake, and of course Yamammoto above Byakuya. We know that he's only been a captain for about as long as Gin (~50 years), and it was implied that all of those captains have been captains for longer than that.

spoolage
Wed, 04-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Re-watch episode 164 @ 4:40 to 4:52 ---- I think this may be a clue as to why Ichigo's strength has increased tremendously OR why he is able to maintain a Hollow form longer.

#1 --- He was certainly dead before Inoue revived him -- when grimmjow kicks him over, he is limp as my dick when flaccid.

#2 --- There is certainly a hole in his chest left from his previous battle that Inoue clearly states she "cannot reject".

#3 --- Why they do not continue to show the hole in Ichigo's chest following his revival or explain the true significance of this --- I do not know.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
People its simple... Ichigo had a big hole in his chest. People with big holes in their chest are dead.

Crash
Wed, 04-16-2008, 02:42 PM
#2 --- There is certainly a hole in his chest left from his previous battle that Inoue clearly states she "cannot reject".

#3 --- Why they do not continue to show the hole in Ichigo's chest following his revival or explain the true significance of this --- I do not know.

Inoue said she could not "reject" it because she didn't want to revive Ichigo. It was her attempt to convince Grim that she couldn't heal Ichigo, because as she stated later in the episode she didn't want to bring him back just so Grim could hurt him again. I don't believe there is any significance to it outside of that.

Sam98034
Wed, 04-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Dude that comparison is beyond retarded. You don't know Byakuya's current power level and comparing him back then to grim right now is just stupid, sorry.

Wait...we're comparing Ichigo to the current Byakuya that we haven't seen or know anything about other than he has been training. How exactly do we go about making that comparison? All you can do is speculate and pretend you're smart if you happen to be right. Realistically he shouldn't be able to do much against Ichigo now, the cutting power of a tiny blade is much weaker than a big bomb blowing up in your body regardless. The only thing you can hope for is some crazy new technique I guess. But like I said, it doesn't have to be logical, maybe a little sword blade can do more damage than a bomb exploding in your body.

Yukimura
Wed, 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM
@Crash, original intent is easier if you look at the original source.
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/277/11/ and http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/277/12/

Orihime describes the existence of the large spiritual pressure surrounding Ichigo's wound, then she is shown sweating and squinting her eyes, an indication of exerting more effort. Then she states that she can't reject it and asks Grimjoww about what happened to Ichigo.

From this it seems we're meant to believe that some force was interfering with Orihime's powers. Whether it was Ulqiorra's spiritual pressure or something else is not made clear, however we're defiantly meant to think she felt incapable of rejecting whatever this spiritual pressure was up to. Of course, a few pages later Ichigo recovered anyway so it seems she was more capable than she thought. Another theory is that it was Ichigo's own hollow power trying to heal his wound once Orihime had brought him back enough to be alive but there's no more evidence to support that than the Ulqiorra put some special energy into his attack to keep it from healing.

Kraco
Wed, 04-16-2008, 04:37 PM
The other people have been powering up constantly so there's no reason to believe Orihime couldn't if she really needed to, like if Ichigo's life was on the line.

Archangel
Wed, 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Hmm... thanks for the link yuki, i guess this settles it then

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/277/17/

Unless the translation is wrong i guess i was right, ichigo wasn't dead. That's a good thing, if inoue could raise the dead it would kill the suspense.

Edit: Dam, ichigo looks cooler in the manga with the mask on, must be becuase it's all black and white. I guess no animation does have its advantages, u always get the best angles lol

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/281/02/

Abdula
Wed, 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
The other people have been powering up constantly so there's no reason to believe Orihime couldn't if she really needed to, like if Ichigo's life was on the line.
True and her abilities have always been dependent on her will power.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 04-16-2008, 06:11 PM
It doesn't settle it, because Orihime had already healed him a little bit before he started speaking.