PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Knight

NeoBear
Wed, 04-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Something new i know nothing about but here we go

Episode 1

http://a.scarywater.net/shoku-dan/%5BShoku-dan%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20-%2001.avi.torrent

Yukimura
Wed, 04-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Vampire Knight
Genres: comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
Themes: Vampires

Plot Summary: Yuki's earliest memory is of a stormy night in winter, wherein she was attacked by a vampire... And then rescued by another. Now 10 years later, Yuki Cross, the adapted daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy, has grown up and become a guardian of the vampire race, protecting her savior, Kaname, from discovery as he leads a group of vampires at the elite boarding school. But also at her side is Zero Kiryu, a childhood friend who’s hatred for the creatures that destroyed everything he held dear, is now determined never to trust them. This coexisting arrangement seems all well and good, but have the vampires truly renounced their murderous ways, or is there a darker truth behind their actions. Is Kaname's infatuation with Yuki the beginning of a forbidden romance, or is it something in her forgotten past that draws him to her. Because in this world of secrets, nothing is as it seems. And the price of misplaced trust may even be worse than death.

Vampire Knight is an insanely popular (at least at Mangatraders) shoujo manga with lines of ravenous fangirls extending into infinity. I would expect there will be lots of shoujo clichés but in an interesting and endearing setting, I mean who doesn't love vampire stories....

Kraco
Wed, 04-09-2008, 10:04 AM
I don't have a clue anymore what's going on in the latest chapters of the manga. The story totally lost me in its incoherence. The beginning was pretty good, though, and I expect the anime to be much more clear in any case.

I'll most likely have a look at this, especially if some reputable looking fansub group picks it up. I mean, who doesn't love vampire stories?

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 04-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Seems like a pretty decent anime, but man do I get pissed off at all the girls screaming for their idols and when the main girl is totally fine with having her blood sucked.

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
At least you can almost tell the characters apart now. Having voices doesn't hurt with that either. In the manga it's either a color swap for the main vampire...Kaname, and the rest of the guys (including Zero) all look exactly the same.

I can't say I've ever understood why this series with bishonen is more popular than any other cookie-cutter series with bishonen (excepting Ouran, which has humor and makes fun of bishonen stereotypes), but have have tried reading it.

I'm going to pass on this one. But hey, it's a vampire series, which are few and far between these days.

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 04-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Yuh, whenever a little vamp comes along it's like an obligation to at least check it out...

BTW, this anime actually felt a lot like Ouran, both in the feel and in the art style, a bit darker in general but otherwise pretty much the same. Same creator?

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Not a chance. Studio DEEN is doing the production on this one, BONES did Ouran. Hatori Bisco did Ouran, Hino Matsuri created this.

Bishonen male characters are about the only thing the two series share. That, and the reverse harem.

Inazuma
Wed, 04-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Well, depending on how they are going to manage action and internal plots, it may turn out quite well.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-09-2008, 09:10 PM
I actually really liked this manga (but thats because I love vampire stories, especially dark ones), but I don't intend to watch the anime since I already know the story. I loved the ED video for the first episode though.

Hawkeye32
Thu, 04-10-2008, 04:51 AM
It strikes me as odd that for as capable as they make Yuuki out to be what with her jumping off buildings and whatnot shes totally powerless against Aidou. How is she supposed to protect anyone?

Munsu
Thu, 04-10-2008, 01:14 PM
This reeks of shounen-ai at the moment to me... am I mistaken. Is bishounen the extent of it, or am I right on the shounen-ai assumption?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Its shoujo. While there are moments of shounen-ai-like stuff, its quite rare.

Munsu
Thu, 04-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I guess I'll give a try, being a vampire fan myself.

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-10-2008, 04:01 PM
This reeks of shounen-ai at the moment to me... am I mistaken. Is bishounen the extent of it, or am I right on the shounen-ai assumption?
I can't off the top of my head say I remember any, but the manga is so horribly laid out and the plot confusing (due to characters all looking the same, it's much better in the anime) that I doubt I could spoil even if I wanted to.

Still, it's a vampire series who's target audience is girls. Girls who scream fervently about bishonen characters.

I would not put it past them.

Sapphire
Thu, 04-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Though I typically don't really like vampire comedies, I saw the word fangirl somewhere so I will check it out. XD

Notes while watching: This is fairly awesome. The random supernatural jumping in is awesome. The dead rose trailing passed them while they walked was awesome. The first guy who talked looked like the Shota from Ouran, and the second guy's name was Akatsuki LOL. The earring guy was awesome but sigh at every guy being smexy. lol @ her being the only one not in line. The concepts and characters seem cool. The chairman seems awesome (and voice is familiar), I always love flamboyant characters who are serious on the inside. The animation and character design have room for improvement (she prolly wasn't meaning to just stand there, but the animation looked like that), but it's very good for a "shoujo". I like Zero because he like an impenetrable fortress to the main character who is infatuated with some other guy lol. They also convey his emotions and "looks" well. I'll be surprised if this becomes as emotionally deep and moving as Honey & Clover or even Ouran. I'll hope for the best. There's just enough action in this to make me giddy. This is similar to Anita Blake. o_O

lol @ ryllharu's post XD!!

Kraco
Thu, 04-10-2008, 05:41 PM
The manga at least had little comedy (compared to something like Rosario+Vampire at least). I doubt the anime will make such a big difference.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Well, the first episode looked pretty good. I rather like this type of art, or maybe I'm just accustomed to it. I can't say too much about the story, but the setting is interesting. I'm not expecting any out-of-the-blue (or darkness) monsters popping up over the place, but the OP suggests quite some action, so I'll be watching this. I like the OP too.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:03 PM
O________________________O

OMG IVE BEEN FANGIRLING OVER THE FIRST EPISODE OF VAMPIRE KNIGHT THE WHOLE NIGHT <3. THIS IS GOING TO BE FAV ANIME OF THIS SEASON. I ALREADY KNOW IT. Yuki is like super cute and the voice acting of horie yui is just awesommeee. And i'm going to start fangirling over kaname and zero again. It's just that this time they are moving animations and not b and w pictures. VAMPIRE KNIGHT <333 ONE DAY I WILL GET THAT UNIFORM OFF EBAY AND I WILL WEAR IT AND COSPLAY. I WISH.

Now that is fangirl power. I wonder if I will ever have that much complete love and devotion towards a vampire bishounen anime. XD

Munsu
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:14 PM
O________________________O

Now that is fangirl power. I wonder if I will ever have that much complete love and devotion towards a vampire bishounen anime. XD
I'll make sure to ban you from the forums before that happens... don't worry about it. Damn, that's ludicrous.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Munsu, you and I have probably both seen worse (maybe not that bad in person) and you know it.

I seem to recall some of the Ouran ones being very bad. There is no doubt that this series was created solely to pander to this exact audience.

Board of Command
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:50 PM
I wonder why they act like this. You never see guys doing this. At least I've never seen any...

Kraco
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Even though you can see from 60 meters away this series is indeed targeted at that type of fangirls, I still liked the first episode. Granted, I'm predisposed to like anything with vampires in it, but still this wasn't bad at all. Of course I have already been reading the manga so I'm not surprised in that sense, but in a way I liked this better than the manga because I judge the bishounen was a little alleviated, the comedy strenghtened.

Munsu
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I wonder why they act like this. You never see guys doing this. At least I've never seen any...
I wouldn't be so sure... or are you forgetting the reactions in the shounen scene, in the Naruto forums, etc. Maybe not so much in Gotwoot, but I'm sure in many other places you'd see them. You see that "OMG PWNZOR-BAZZOOKA, ITACHI IS GOD!!!!" Then they roll out the costumes.

Anyways, watched the first episode... though certainly not my type of anime, might give it more of a chance, despite shoujo/bishounen abundance.

Board of Command
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't be so sure... or are you forgetting the reactions in the shounen scene, in the Naruto forums, etc. Maybe not so much in Gotwoot, but I'm sure in many other places you'd see them. You see that "OMG PWNZOR-BAZZOOKA, ITACHI IS GOD!!!!" Then they roll out the costumes.
Oh yeah...I completely forgot about the shounen crowd. I've been avoiding Naruto discussions for quite a while now.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:17 PM
The fangirl/fanboy type reactions of many people make me wonder if they really understand the anime at all. For example, if something really heartfelt, profound or perhaps moving happens, and all people can do is go

"YURI + ZERO YESSSSSSSS ZOMG SO HOTT I LOVE THEM"

without being able to state perhaps an intelligent opinion or something, it makes me question anime fandom as well as anime as a whole. :( But then you have stuff that is geared towards fangirls/boys but also has a touching and/or profound story worth discussing intelligently so I dunno. Of course, as KitKat says there is every type of anime fan, but it still makes me sad sometimes.

Kraco
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Nah. I completely disagree. Those people are actually the luckiest ones. They are the ones who get most out of anime / manga. For you are forgetting one thing: This is entertainment. If you can immerse yourself so deeply emotionally into a show or a manga you bet the level of entertainment you get out of it is on a completely different level compared to the rest of us normal mortals.

The other end, I reckon, are those people who after watching an episode once can list all minor detail inconsistencies, tiny plot holes, every single yen saved in animation, not to mention naturally remember the names of all the bloody minor characters and their dogs and cats. Sometimes I can't help but wonder how much those people actually enjoy the show. Or perhaps they simply get their enjoyment out of noticing all those little things.

Board of Command
Fri, 04-11-2008, 06:07 PM
There are fans, and then there are fanatics.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Nah. I completely disagree. Those people are actually the luckiest ones. They are the ones who get most out of anime / manga. For you are forgetting one thing: This is entertainment. If you can immerse yourself so deeply emotionally into a show or a manga you bet the level of entertainment you get out of it is on a completely different level compared to the rest of us normal mortals.

The other end, I reckon, are those people who after watching an episode once can list all minor detail inconsistencies, tiny plot holes, every single yen saved in animation, not to mention naturally remember the names of all the bloody minor characters and their dogs and cats. Sometimes I can't help but wonder how much those people actually enjoy the show. Or perhaps they simply get their enjoyment out of noticing all those little things.
Personally I'm not -that- nit picky at all, but I find having intelligent discussions fun (which is why I'm on this forum). My inquiry was mostly if "fanatics" even get what the author tries to convey, or if they block it out and watch glassy eyed while having fantasies about Zero. In that case I'd rather be a fan than a fanatic. XD

I really like how the Knight story is so far, I wonder what shall happen next.

animus
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Personally I'm not -that- nit picky at all, but I find having intelligent discussions fun (which is why I'm on this forum). My inquiry was mostly if "fanatics" even get what the author tries to convey, or if they block it out and watch glassy eyed while having fantasies about Zero. In that case I'd rather be a fan than a fanatic. XD

I really like how the Knight story is so far, I wonder what shall happen next.

I can't believe you're 13. The world in general needs more of you and less fangirls/fanboys.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm not actually 13. But I joined these forums when I was 14. XD

Kraco
Sat, 04-12-2008, 02:46 AM
My inquiry was mostly if "fanatics" even get what the author tries to convey, or if they block it out and watch glassy eyed while having fantasies about Zero.

In my opinion, that changes nothing. When you go to an art gallery, not to mention if you buy a painting or a sculpture (not only as an investment), what should matter most is what you think of the work of art, not what the artist happened to think him/herself when making it. But likewise here there are also people who don't think or feel anything by themselves when looking at the works but rather are only interested in what the artist thought when making any particular piece.

And considering this series, and the fact almost all the male leads are bloody bishounen, you think the mangaka didn't want the numerous fangirls to simply adore them? Nah, that's what this series is actually primarily based on, like has been said earlier. For the rest of us there is, fortunately, something else to look at and watch as well.

Sapphire
Sat, 04-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Bah, deleted everything I wrote.
I'll just say that the five people I know who think they are married to anime characters in another universe prolly agree with you. Also, though I used a character from this particular anime, I was speaking in general, I'm fully aware it's targeted towards fangirls (I still like it).

[I really don't like arguing over polar ended opinions, I was just stating what I think]

Munsu
Thu, 04-17-2008, 03:19 AM
Here's episode 2 by Shoku-dan:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1328975

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Episode 3 by Shoku-dan - Tension's building between our prefects and night-class members.
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1352047

This show ain't drawing much of a discussion. Then again, there isn't too much to discus right now.

Sapphire
Thu, 04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Woot woot! This show is so sexy. *downloads*

Kraco
Thu, 04-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Something we all knew almost from the beginning finally revealed (to Yuuki). It was a pretty good scene. Zero is certainly losing it and fast as it seemed he had no bloody (not literally; there was plenty of blood involved) idea what he was doing when it happened. Well, he couldn't have picked a better girl. Quite a shocku for Yuuki, though. It should be an interesting next episode (even for me; during this ep I realised I have somewhat shaky memories of the manga, especially the details).

Yukimura
Thu, 04-24-2008, 06:15 PM
An alternative

Vampire Knight - 01v2 (XviD) - [Mishicorp] (http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20-%2001v2%20%5BXviD%5D%5B704x400%5D%5B743BB92C%5D.av i.torrent)
Vampire Knight - 01v2 (h.264) - [Mishicorp] (http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20-%2001v2%20%5BH.264%5D%5B704x400%5D%5B356DE0BB%5D.m kv.torrent)

Vampire Knight - 02 (XviD) - [Mishicorp] (http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20-%2002%20%5BXviD%5D%5B704x400%5D%5B1122F0BB%5D.avi. torrent)
Vampire Knight - 02 (h.264) - [Mishicorp] (http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20-%2002%20%5BH.264%5D%5B704x400%5D%5B6D3491BC%5D.mkv .torrent)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Well now that the fangirl community has been fed their share of bishounen, we got down to business. Damn this episode was freaky. Had the quite stalker, and the crazy guy all at the same time. It's showed how vampires who have given in to their animal instincts identify people using two categories: comrades and prey. Now that Zero has had his first share of proper blood (that we know of), I can only see his urges coming more frequently, despite his increasing efforts. I'm going to enjoy the dark themes this series offers, thought the ED chills me a bit. Yuuki almost looks like those dolls from certain horror movies.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Was it me or did the animation quality went to hell in the first few minutes of episode 3?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Probably, maybe it was just the change in art style for the comical moments. I don't think it would have been as funny if they were drawn in the detail and seriousness that they portrayed the darker moments with, so if they took the opportunity to budget, I'll overlook it. :).

Also, from last episode, we learned that it's not just "some idealist who doesn't know what he's dealing with" starting up an academy, the guy's an former vampire hunter. That kind of changes things, despite his dreamy/excited look when he mentions peace amongst them.

David75
Wed, 04-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Ep1 was a big lure for more. Fangirlism aside, there are good roots for deep dark action...
The first scene gives room for twists...
The shota like vampire there for comic relief can be creepy as well.
Zero on the verge to become a vampire will be a way to measure the will power needed to be a vampire who restrains from feeding on humans.

Nice intro indeed. will watch the other available eps tomorrow. Hope it really goes twisty roads.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Vampire Knight Episode 4 - How will you react if your childhood friend is a vampire? Your-Mum's release (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=6360) may give you a general idea.

Or you can wait a little for Shoku-dan's subs.

David75
Thu, 05-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Vampire Knight Episode 4 - How will you react if your childhood friend is a vampire? Your-Mum's release (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=6360) may give you a general idea.

Or you can wait a little for Shoku-dan's subs.

Thanks.
I like the twisty roads... the eye candy may well be an illusion for more action to come. I hope so.

As of yet I like how things are.

Sapphire
Thu, 05-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Oh snaps. These releases are coming out so fast. *watch

Kraco
Fri, 05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Episode 4 - Shoku-dan (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=17710)

Hmm... This was a powerful episode in my opinion. Quite moving, in fact. Worked better than the manga. Although that's no wonder seeing how the manga is both so messy and so hard to decipher; when it takes most of your attention to try to figure out who exactly the characters are in the frame, it leaves less time for enjoying the story.

David75
Fri, 05-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Episode 4 - Shoku-dan (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=17710)

Hmm... This was a powerful episode in my opinion. Quite moving, in fact. Worked better than the manga. Although that's no wonder seeing how the manga is both so messy and so hard to decipher; when it takes most of your attention to try to figure out who exactly the characters are in the frame, it leaves less time for enjoying the story.

Really, I do think that for that kind of story, the manga version can be very lacking.
I did read the first few chapters and had to stop, the manga being just a storyboard for the Anime... and nothing more, it was impossible to get feelings and rythms... which are both well done in the anime up to now.
The manga gives some more details and is a little different, but I couldn't go further and will stop reading it and watch only the anime.

It's strange because a manga like Mx0 was easy to read and get everything, not Vampire Knight. I guess everyone needs their own set of things for a story to work for them.

Sapphire
Fri, 05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
What the hell was that hug? I thought of Sasuke/Sakura. D:
Camara angles are amazing, did I mention that? I love her thought process.

Kaname: You are the most important thing in my life and I can't bear to see you with another.
Yuki: ...But Zero!

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Aidou just can't seem to stop himself. Guess getting backhanded is better than getting no attention for him. Zero being from a vampire hunting family explains the chairman's and the Hunter Association's focus on him. They were most likely very skilled, if not big and powerful Hunter family, so Zero's hatred would have been established in him long before he was bitten.

The hug does remind me of Sasuke x Sakura, but it comes off much better knowing that Zero isn't just going to palm her off. Come to think of it, both Zero/Sasuke share a hatred sparked from having their whole family killed.

Kraco
Sat, 05-03-2008, 02:32 AM
This is somewhat troublesome for Kaname. It's pretty obvious Yuuki holds him in just as high and idolized position as everybody else. He saved her life and after that she has only seen him as the undisputable head of the whole vampire flock at the school, and naturally a pure-blood. In practice, very hard to approach. Zero, however, is pretty much a victim also in Yuuki's eyes (just like she was about to be, unless she is as well; she was found alone in the middle of nowhere and Kaname brought her to the school). And in addition to that Yuuki works with him every day.

Ani-Kraze also decided to have a look at this series. While there's nothing wrong as such with the Shoku-dan subs, Ani-Kraze is still Ani-Kraze and they have also a HD release:

Episode 1 HD - Ani-Kraze (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Vampire_Knight_-_01_%5BH264_1280x720_AAC%5D%5B1C5D9B3E%5D.mkv.torr ent)
Episode 1 xvid - Ani-Kraze (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Vampire_Knight_-_01_%5BE8E9D9C6%5D.avi.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Behave or Be killed
Episode 5 - Shoku-dan (http://www.mininova.org/get/1388123)

Carrying on Kraco's trend:
Episode 2 HD - Ani-Kraze (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Vampire_Knight_-_02_%5BH264_1280x720_AAC%5D%5B04F89985%5D.mkv.torr ent)
Episode 2 xvid - Ani-Kraze (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Vampire_Knight_-_02_%5B0AA5BF9C%5D.avi.torrent)

David75
Thu, 05-08-2008, 04:01 AM
Is it me or the HD version looks like it isn't that much better than the SDs
To me it looks like there's fewer compression artifacts. Is there an HD source already for this show?

will watch the last episod in a while.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Is it me or the HD version looks like it isn't that much better than the SDs
To me it looks like there's fewer compression artifacts. Is there an HD source already for this show?

will watch the last episod in a while.

Can't answer that for you since I'm only downloading the Shoku-dan releases.

The suppressor seems kind of weak for something vampire hunters used to tame vampires. I would have thought something a lot harsher and longer lasting to be used. Not only does it last for say, a minute max, but you have to get up to the neck of an out-of-control vampire. Oh well.

More interesting to me was what Akatsuki said about Zero. "Sometimes there are dangerous ones, ones who refuse the tablets." Then we see Zero, who drops his case full of tablets, and conveys the idea that his body or mind rejects them. Back when he hadn't awoken, he was consciously refused the tablets, but in the end, used them to suppress his pain. Now that he's fully transformed, it seems he can't take them.

Is that a message to hint at what kind of vampire he'll become? We saw some rather savage Level Es, all of which were dispatched by either Zero or the Night Class with relative ease. That makes me wonder, exactly what kind of vampire does one such as Akatsuki consider to be "dangerous"?

David75
Fri, 05-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Can't answer that for you since I'm only downloading the Shoku-dan releases.

The suppressor seems kind of weak for something vampire hunters used to tame vampires. I would have thought something a lot harsher and longer lasting to be used. Not only does it last for say, a minute max, but you have to get up to the neck of an out-of-control vampire. Oh well.

More interesting to me was what Akatsuki said about Zero. "Sometimes there are dangerous ones, ones who refuse the tablets." Then we see Zero, who drops his case full of tablets, and conveys the idea that his body or mind rejects them. Back when he hadn't awoken, he was consciously refused the tablets, but in the end, used them to suppress his pain. Now that he's fully transformed, it seems he can't take them.

Is that a message to hint at what kind of vampire he'll become? We saw some rather savage Level Es, all of which were dispatched by either Zero or the Night Class with relative ease. That makes me wonder, exactly what kind of vampire does one such as Ataksuki consider to be "dangerous"?

Same here, there's probably more than Level Es.
After all the vampire that "transformed" him really wanted to force vengeance uppon him.
4 years of suffering + a few months for the last transformation to level E may not be enough for her.

Kraco
Fri, 05-09-2008, 01:53 AM
I think it's simply that vampires must have blood in order to live (and remain sane - not become beasts), and thus vampires that cannot replace live blood with the tablet are dangerous because there's no choice for them but to eventually succumb to their thirst and create a victim.

We have seen even the nobles surrounding Kaname have from time to time troubles suppressing their thirst, and thus it's a problem if blood is spilled in the school and the delicious odor spreads. It's quite inherent for vampires to desire blood, but I'd imagine the higher class they are the more they take care to remain in control.

David75
Fri, 05-09-2008, 03:11 AM
I think it's simply that vampires must have blood in order to live (and remain sane - not become beasts), and thus vampires that cannot replace live blood with the tablet are dangerous because there's no choice for them but to eventually succumb to their thirst and create a victim.

We have seen even the nobles surrounding Kaname have from time to time troubles suppressing their thirst, and thus it's a problem if blood is spilled in the school and the delicious odor spreads. It's quite inherent for vampires to desire blood, but I'd imagine the higher class they are the more they take care to remain in control.

True that these tabs are only under testing and may not work for all vampires... and when they do not work, vampires still need to feed in the end in order to survive. And no creature can resist the urge to feed when they didn't for a long period of time, or they die if they really can't feed.

David75
Wed, 05-14-2008, 02:27 PM
[Shoku-dan] Vampire Knight - 06 avi SD (http://www.mininova.org/get/1407314)

Art quality is going down, not that it was top notch in the begining, but I think most of you will agree that lots of proportions and drawings are awful in that ep...

Appart from that, nothing really interresting or that you could not foresee.

Kraco
Wed, 05-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Fortunately I belong to those who don't notice if the story is good enough. And in this ep it was. This works really much better in anime form than as manga, I deem. Good stuff.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-14-2008, 06:55 PM
The only thing that was really noticeable was that they didn't draw the eyes for a few scenes, save Yuuki and other main characters. But that didn't set me back, the story was just as good. No real action or anything, but still a good ep, and they still left us with something to think about. If this woman (who I'll guess is the pureblood who got Zero), then for anything to really happen, she'll either have to come to Cross Academy, or Zero has to leave it for a while, which I can't see happening anytime soon.

Kraco
Thu, 05-15-2008, 01:50 AM
With everybody even living in dorms, it's indeed pretty much all tied to the Academy.

Although I'm aware they are hopelessly melodramatic but I've really liked those scenes where Zero has asked Yuuki to kill him or be ready to do it. Things changed a bit in this ep with the vampire hunter giving such a strong if short lecture on Zero's mentality and lack of integrity lately, but I think they worked well at least until now. Those scenes were basically the only way Zero expressed the contradiction within him: That he's the very being he hates and is trained to hunt. Otherwise he has strived to be an icy cool guy even more than the Night Class vampires (well, some of them as some are obviously just playboys).

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-18-2008, 08:40 AM
I hadn't realised this till now.

The subs for Shoku-dan's Vampire Knight is the work of all of two:

Sonic_Sabbath: translation (earlier episodes translated by a girl named Touyuki)
Raserei Hojo: everything else

Edit: the translator's Australian.:D

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Akaku akaku akaku, yurete, yume no yume no hate e........

*cough*Errm........[Shoku-dan] Vampire Knight - 07.avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=19515)....

Turing out to be one of my favourites this season, especially the song.

mou nando mo akiramete wa oshikorosu tabi.......

Kraco
Wed, 05-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Art quality is going down, not that it was top notch in the begining, but I think most of you will agree that lots of proportions and drawings are awful in that ep...

After the latest ep I finally have to confess even I'm not blind enough to fail to notice it anymore. The drawings were really off sometimes during this episode, almost making me ask: "Who the heck is that supposed to be?"

One factor making me pay extra attention to the art might have been the relative boringness of this episode compared to the previous ones. The drama and self-reflection was getting kind of thick at times. Really thick.

NeoBear
Wed, 05-21-2008, 12:05 PM
my main concern is that after 7 episodes there hasnt been very much progress, perhaps im just wondering wear the story is going to go i mean i don't expect a lot of traveling around and the town seems to be fairly small so shouldnt they get it going.

also i know this is anime and i should be used to it buy now but i cant stand the constant

Yuki..........................................

you know that thing wear they will say someones name look at the ground or up in there air and then

What should i do......................................

god lol

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
All the reflecting is getting a bit old now, though I didn't notice the animation drop this time as I did from Ep 5 to 6. What we did find out this episode is that Yuuki has slowly distanced herself from Kaname, whether it's because of Zero, other school girls, general growing up, or all of the above is up to interpretation.

Kaname is also aware that he's the one holding everything together, and at his word, he could have Zero ripped apart. Having this sort of power awareness can't make him a 100% good guy in my eyes.

Thing that made me smile this episode was seeing more of Ruka. They need to cater for other audiences besides the mass shoujo fanclub after all, even if it's seeing her get sucked. Also brings out the fact that Kaname has his own issues keeping his fangs at bay.

Kraco
Thu, 05-22-2008, 01:53 AM
What we did find out this episode is that Yuuki has slowly distanced herself from Kaname, whether it's because of Zero, other school girls, general growing up, or all of the above is up to interpretation.

It would be very strange is she hadn't. She's not a kid anymore. It would be very strange if she still clung to Kaname like she used to. Who knows how old Kaname was back then when he saved her, being a vampire and thus immortal (I guess they are also in this series), so from his point of view things may not have changed in such a radical way, but from her point of view they surely must have. When she was a kid, Kaname was just Kaname-sama, her savior, but now he's not only Kaname but a guy as well.

David75
Thu, 05-22-2008, 02:30 AM
For some reason, Yuuki's familly has some ties with cross changing from vampire to human.
Kaname had blood on his mooth when he saved yuuki (at least I remember that) so I wonder wether he or some guys he was with at the time is responsible for the death of yuuki's familly. Remember that cross told he was with "bad vampires"

If yuuki is from some special familly, for some reason she could be very useful to Kaname, like enabling him to become human... I wonder if it's possible. I think we do know Cross was a vampire, we do not know if he was pure blood or a human that became a vampire.

The female voice Yuuki kept earing, I wonder if it was a female from her familly she doesn't remember (like her mother), or the pure blood that bite zero to make him a vampire. Yuuki clearly remarked that a lot of data can pass through blood with vampires. Maybe that pure blood can convey thoughts or some kind of tie through the ones bitten by the vampires she created. Or maybe it's her specific power to be able to create those links.

Bar yuuki (for the moment), no one is pure good or pure evil. Interresting.

Kraco
Thu, 05-22-2008, 02:37 AM
If yuuki is from some special familly, for some reason she could be very useful to Kaname, like enabling him to become human... I wonder if it's possible. I think we do know Cross was a vampire, we do not know if he was pure blood or a human that became a vampire.

Kaname is one of the pure bloods. I very much doubt he would have any interest whatsoever in becoming a human even if he somehow could. And Cross was a vampire hunter, if memory serves (which it might not), but I'm sure he was not a vampire.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-22-2008, 05:39 AM
For some reason, Yuuki's familly has some ties with cross changing from vampire to human.
Kaname had blood on his mooth when he saved yuuki (at least I remember that) so I wonder wether he or some guys he was with at the time is responsible for the death of yuuki's familly. Remember that cross told he was with "bad vampires"

The female voice Yuuki kept earing, I wonder if it was a female from her familly she doesn't remember (like her mother), or the pure blood that bite zero to make him a vampire. Yuuki clearly remarked that a lot of data can pass through blood with vampires. Maybe that pure blood can convey thoughts or some kind of tie through the ones bitten by the vampires she created. Or maybe it's her specific power to be able to create those links.

Bar yuuki (for the moment), no one is pure good or pure evil. Interresting.

What is interesting about Cross's conversation with Kaname is that even back then, he said Kaname was the only child of a family he is in debt to. Now I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, but is that referring to him being an only child (ie, no siblings), or being the only child (rest of family is dead type)? If it was the former, it would seem strange that Kaname would be hindered by "bad" vampires, since purebloods seem to command a lot of respect, and I doubt it would diminish that much just because he was young. Only other thing I could think of is that they were also purebloods.

If Cross was only referring to Kaname's immediate family, then it's entirely possible that those giving him a hard time were his uncles and such, or that he wasn't in fact the last surviving member, and it was his very parents/siblings who were malicious. (though I can only wonder at how Cross came to be in debt to such a family.)

Of all the vampires we've seen so far, the one who has yet to show any selfishness or malicious intent is Ichijou. With that personality, and his rank as Second-in-Command, I wonder if that'll play any part in the overall story later. You might argue that Kaname is also at his level of pacifism, but he lies more on the creepy side. The recent blood sucking also shows he isn't entirely immune to bloodlust.

David75
Thu, 05-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Damn, I spoiled myself beyond sanity in only one phrase in wikipedia. Damn me!

Sapphire
Thu, 05-22-2008, 07:36 PM
I love how Kaname was just using Ruka. No wonder Ruka is all into him, it's practically leading her on!

I also noticed the animation change in the episodes, but I still like it.

At the moment I can't even tell that Yuuki likes Kaname more than she likes Zero. She pretty much mopes about Zero 24/7, and when she finally remembers that she's practically the most important in Kaname's life, she just ignores it and goes back to Zero. lulz. At least they explain how she came in touch with Kaname anyway, and we know that Kaname didn't just randomly fall for her. I still think Kaname is good because he's bothering to let Zero have his way, even if it is only because he loves Yuuki so much. I hate Yuuki sometimes, her altruism is so high it's nearly selfish.

P.S. The new vampire hunter is a badass.

UChessmaster
Mon, 05-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Also brings out the fact that Kaname has his own issues keeping his fangs at bay.

Actually i got the impression that he did it on purporse in order to show Yuuki that the night class dorm is a dangerous place and she shouldn`t recklessly go in, we already saw a vampire almost bit her before kaname got in.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Actually i got the impression that he did it on purporse in order to show Yuuki that the night class dorm is a dangerous place and she shouldn`t recklessly go in, we already saw a vampire almost bit her before kaname got in.

Hmm, that's entirely possible, knowing how Kaname likes to keep everything to himself.

The original idea I had was that seeing Yuuki like that on the stairs turned on Kaname's lust, but he held back since it's Yuuki. He managed to put Yuuki to bed without giving in to it. Then Ruka walk by......

Sapphire
Mon, 05-26-2008, 12:02 PM
I agree with both things. Either way we certainly know that Kaname was aware that Yuuki was watching..

...*craves for episode 8*

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Vampire Knight ED:
[Nipponsei] Vampire Knight ED Single - still doll [Wakeshima Kanon].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20ED%20Single%2 0-%20still%20doll%20%5BWakeshima%20Kanon%5D.zip.torr ent)

What I'm really looking forward to is the OP though. The ED is so-so or my tastes.

While I'm at it:

Vampire Knight - 08 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=20534)by Chihiro-Fansubs

From what I heard in the Code Geass thread, I'll be sticking with Shoku-dan. Their's is usually out by tomorrow anyway.

Kraco
Wed, 05-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Vampire Knight ED:

What I'm really looking forward to is the OP though. The ED is so-so or my tastes.

While I don't deny the ED is so-so, I still like it better than the OP, which sounds so artificial, commercial and popularistic to my ears. The ED is far more original.

Sapphire
Wed, 05-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't really like boy band brazilian style japanese music anyway. But I like the dress in the OP. The ED is awesome, and Rozen Maiden gothic loli ali-project like, which is awesome.

I like the character-character interaction and love triangle stuff. I find it hilarious that Kaname bitch slaps anyone who pisses him off. I don't get why Yuuki couldn't use her anti-vampire tatoo thing against the level E, but oh well. Haha, Yuuki should stop following Zero around, she can't even defend herself. Who is that chick at the end, the person who was messing with Yuuki's mind in the last ep/made Z a vampire?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-28-2008, 06:28 PM
[Shoku-dan] Vampire Knight - 08 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=20634)

-----------------------------------------------

I don't get why Yuuki couldn't use her anti-vampire tatoo thing against the level E, but oh well. Haha, Yuuki should stop following Zero around, she can't even defend herself. Who is that chick at the end, the person who was messing with Yuuki's mind in the last ep/made Z a vampire?

Yuuki's seal only works against Zero, because he made a blood pact with her bracelet at the beginning of episode 5. And it appears the girl knows Zero, so I'm placing my bet on her being the pureblood.

This episode introduced us to the ruling body of the Vampires: the senate. It's interesting how they rule the vampire world, but absolute command still belongs to the pure bloods. At first, I was expecting him to be one of the "bad vampires" that were ordering/mingling with Kaname which they mentioned last episode.

Ichiou isn't a nick that you'd give lightly, and that guy definitely commands a lot of respect and fear, though not nearly as much as Kaname. It'll be interesting to test the theory that "the oldest vampires are the most powerful" in this anime. The guy radiates authority, but not combat ability. (really though, none of them do)

I'm wondering about that line about "not killing any humans", whether it was something from the bottom of his heart, or a last ditch effort to earn some sympathy then bail.

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-31-2008, 01:14 AM
I'm calling right now that sometime, probably towards the end of the series, zero will go in looking like he's about to drink yuuki's blood, showing the fangs and everything, but then instead at the last moment kisses her. =]

Sapphire
Sat, 05-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Aww, how romantic. And then Yuuki will open her eyes in shock and realize she loves Kaname instead. ROFL!!

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-31-2008, 10:09 AM
nah I think that she THINKS she loves kaname and theyre about to be together until zero kisses her and she realizes she really loves zero c:

David75
Tue, 06-03-2008, 03:02 PM
[Chihiro]Vampire Knight 09[XviD][542E2310] avi @Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/1467515)

Shoku-Dan's should be available in 2 or 3 hours if I'm correct from their last post on their site.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-03-2008, 06:29 PM
And here it is.

[Shoku-dan] Vampire Knight - 09 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=21319)

And the OP:

[Nipponsei] Vampire Knight OP Single - Futatsu no Kodou to Akai Tsumi [ON OFF].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20OP%20Single%2 0-%20Futatsu%20no%20Kodou%20to%20Akai%20Tsumi%20%5BO N%20OFF%5D.zip.torrent)
--------------------------------------------------------
Initially, I wondering how the hell Kaname wouldn't be able to pick up that she's a pureblood, but as it turns out, he can't make an open move without turning the place upside down. It always gives me the creeps whenever I see Maria and Yuuki alone. You can't say she's got less self control than Kaname, just that she has a different aim. Since she enjoyed making Zero a vampire so much, I can't believe she'll let someone as delicious as Yuuki slip out of her hands. And another guy, who looks like Zero's brother, seems to have fully embraced his vampire self and serves Maria.

Too bad there seems to be a drop in raw quality.

(I'm not enjoying the OP as much as I thought I would. It's all your fault :p I'm captivated by the Orgel version of the ED though.

EDIT2: And they even wind it up in the middle. :)

David75
Tue, 06-10-2008, 03:51 PM
[Chihiro] Vampire Knight 10 [h264][D237B7C6] mkv 169.69 Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/1491924)

[Shoku-dan] Vampire Knight - 10 avi 146.25 Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/1491973)

@ the time of writing, Shoku-dan's torrent has only one seeder I can't connect to when Chihiro's is almost totally downloaded. Just so you know the second torrent may change/have problems. I'll only be able to edit after I wake up again. Have fun ;)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-10-2008, 08:04 PM
This ain't going to be fun, I'm going to refrain from watching this (and all other anime, except maybe Code Geass) until exams are over.

Kraco
Wed, 06-11-2008, 12:13 AM
That was creepy. Nobody's that close with his brother. Damn shoujo shows.

The purebloods have a pretty strong untouchability rule. Kaname seems happy to let Shizuka do whatever she pleases. And what's even funnier, even Yuuki's old man shares that sentiment. I guess Kaien has accepted so many compromises to keep the school running at all that he has already compromised himself out of the picture for good.

David75
Wed, 06-11-2008, 05:52 AM
That was creepy. Nobody's that close with his brother. Damn shoujo shows.

The purebloods have a pretty strong untouchability rule. Kaname seems happy to let Shizuka do whatever she pleases. And what's even funnier, even Yuuki's old man shares that sentiment. I guess Kaien has accepted so many compromises to keep the school running at all that he has already compromised himself out of the picture for good.

Paroxismal Twincest Love... within the limits of shoujo of course.

For some reason I was sure there was a solution for Zero not to become a Level E. But my "instincts" tell me the price to pay will be very high.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Yuuki didn't look too well. Wonder if that's just the effect of the memory erase, like a hangover, or something more. What's strange is why Maria (I'll call her that until I learn her name) borrowing someone else's body. They did sound surprised that she was alive, as if she was killed in a surefire way. I'm getting Lord Voldermort vibes here.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-17-2008, 05:54 PM
The Desired Cost.

Vampire Knight - 11 Shoku-dan (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=22962)

Uzumaki
Tue, 06-17-2008, 09:27 PM
tracker down all night for me =(

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-17-2008, 10:01 PM
I saw this coming, but didn't think it would happen like this. Now Yuuki has to choose either Kaname or Zero... Thing is, in the end, there probably isn't a way to save Zero anyway. They've done pretty well so far, mixing in the slice of life/romance with the darker vampire theme, then throwing in a bit of humour every now and again.

Kraco
Wed, 06-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Thing is, in the end, there probably isn't a way to save Zero anyway.

I find your lack of knowledge of vampire lore disturbing. There is one very specific way of saving Zero, at least to a degree. While it really shouldn't be a spoiler to anybody who has read/watched vampire stories in general, I guess I'll still refrain from mentioning it.

Other than that, it once again surprises me how the headmaster doesn't do anything at all but allows everything to happen at his school. Apparently he has to pay quite a high price for the vampires to attend the school. But in any case what a useless fellow.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-18-2008, 02:14 AM
Coming from the Vampiric Minion, I'm not at all ashamed. :p

David75
Wed, 06-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I whish the encode would have been of a better quality.

Regarding the ep, I think it was pretty obvious from the start the price would be high.
Even higher with the fact we may not know what's the trick behind the request, after kaname's death... I do not see Zero saving his head even if Yuuki would go that direction.

For now, the Level E is getting more and more power inside Zero, that is the greatest problem so far.

Kraco
Sat, 06-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Quality as sharp as a pureblood's fangs:

Episode 3 HD - Ani-Kraze (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Vampire_Knight_-_03_%5BH264_1280x720_AAC%5D%5B45DDC407%5D.mkv.torr ent)
Episode 3 avi - Ani-Kraze (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Vampire_Knight_-_03_%5BA216C7D1%5D.avi.torrent)

Mizuchi
Sun, 06-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Yuuki couldn't kill kaname if she did a tajuu kage-bunshin and made 10 million copies of herself...

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-22-2008, 08:38 PM
You think so? Like Maria said, Kaname lets his guard down around Yuuki, so all she has to do is steal Zero's gun, go up to Kaname, tell him she's got a present and to close his eyes, say "Don't peep", and BANG.

Mizuchi
Sun, 06-22-2008, 09:14 PM
I think that kaname having such deep affection for a girl much younger than him that he met in a very strange manner and doesnt see very often is a really big plot hole.

Why does he feel such an affection for or? Maybe it's because her blood is "tasty" or gives off a good prescense?

Kraco
Mon, 06-23-2008, 02:33 AM
After 11 episodes it should be pretty obvious, at least it is to me, that Yuuki would never sacrifice somebody to save someone else. She would sacrifice herself, though, like she has been doing by giving her blood to Zero, often even offering it without being asked when she has happened to meet Zero. It would be quite a breach of personality in my opinion if she suddenly went and shot a dear friend simply because someone hostile told it would save another friend (what a wonderfully reliable source of information, as well).

David75
Tue, 06-24-2008, 04:23 AM
Seems like we'll have a second season the first finishing with ep 13, the second one starting around October.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-23/vampire-knight-2nd-season-to-air-in-japan-in-october

I wonder what they'll use as a cliffhanger.

Oh and good news come in pairs:

[Shoku-Dan]VampireKnight EP12 128Mb avi @ nyaatorrents (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=23716)

Direct Download VK11 ShokuDan avi 128Mb @ anikat (http://www.anikat.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2190&Itemid=1)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-24-2008, 06:59 AM
They...can't....do this....to us..... but at least this vampire series deserves a second season, unlike a certain other...

nyaatorrent's down again.

Kraco
Tue, 06-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Try the mininova page (http://www.mininova.org/tor/1533492).

But you are absolutely right about what you said about the certain other.

David75
Tue, 06-24-2008, 07:13 AM
They...can't....do this....to us..... but at least this vampire series deserves a second season, unlike a certain other...

nyaatorrent's down again.

Well at least we are certain we will go past the kind of tar pot the plot has been slowed down with. Okay, many details and characters are evolving and we are creating the universe for future action. But as of yet, plot wise, there's not much. Or maybe I'm just too demanding. Or maybe the beauty of it is in that kind of progression. What a shame if it stopped at 13 eps for me based on these reasons.

Kraco
Tue, 06-24-2008, 02:34 PM
A rather interesting episode. Leaves also nothing unclear what comes to Kaname's reasons for letting Shizuka fool around. I guess he was just waiting for her to return to her real body so that he could steal her powers (that we didn't get to see).

Zero got to play very, very insignificant role, though. Kaname killed Shizuka, taking such a major goal away from Zero, who in turn couldn't even kick his loser brother's sorry ass. The dude has gone down fast.

But the title of the most useless character of the series certainly goes to the Chairman time after time. Even the voice actor must be embarrassed to play the role... I mean, the dude probably wouldn't have cared if Yuuki had got her blood sucked by Shizuka. After all, he can't do anything about what the vampires do. What a shitty dude.

David75
Tue, 06-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Try the mininova page (http://www.mininova.org/tor/1533492).

But you are absolutely right about what you said about the certain other.

Thanks for the link
Yesterday it was mininova which was with connection problems, today it's nyaa...

Regarding the ep, I'm just a little disapointed that such a powerful pureblood is beaten with no fighting, no power show off. After all she's older than anyone at the academy, has overcome many troubles and falls in such a lame way. I know life's a bitch, even more so for some purebloods it seems.

Shizuka had the looks, experience and everything to create a strong character, and she's gone (I don't think we'll get a cheap reincarnation or something)

Well, we'll see what's next.

Kraco
Tue, 06-24-2008, 04:29 PM
It's understandable. She was so weak that she had to borrow someone else's body just to move around. And right when she transferred back into her own, she got shot multiple times with anti-vampire rounds. I'd say she was pretty damn tough to even move around. Fighting against Kaname would have been a bit too much to ask, and maybe that's why she didn't even try.

Why she was in such a bad condition to begin with, though, is another question.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Well they sure put us in a good position for a cliffhanger. I was all good to go, believing Kaname was all in all a nice guy, throwing out my previous suspecions. Now they're all back. Though his target is no doubt Yuuki, we don't know what else he's exactly after.

Completely agreeing with the comments about the chairman. He even had a good character design IMO, what a waste. I'm still hoping that we might see him in action some time. Now that we know his trusted partner Kaname isn't really in for peace, if hell breaks loose, the Chairman will have no choice but to act.

Kraco
Wed, 06-25-2008, 02:51 AM
Let's not forget, though, that Shizuka came from the outside. For all we know Kaname might have no problems with anybody at the school. It's a good question why Yuuki seemed so important to Shizuka, unless she really believed she could be turned into an assassin, but I doubt to Kaname she is more than an important person because of what happened in the past. If Kaname breaks lose, I think it would rather be against outsiders.

NeoBear
Tue, 07-01-2008, 04:12 AM
eh its over ?

http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=9038 episode 13

David75
Tue, 07-01-2008, 04:25 AM
eh its over ?

http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=9038 episode 13

First season is over, a second one will start airing in October it seems.

Sapphire
Tue, 07-01-2008, 05:04 AM
I need to finish! I had a really weird and elaborate dream about Yuuki and Kaname last night.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-02-2008, 03:15 AM
For the patient ones.

Shoku-dan's Vampire Knight Ep 13 END (http://www.mininova.org/get/1558570)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I have to say, they really didn't try to make this seam like a 13 episode series, which is fine. If there wasn't enough Yoai stimulus, here's another. Episode wise, nothing much happened, besides showing the aftermath of Shizuka's death. Well now that the question about whether Zero will become a Level E is solved, I've thought of another: having drunk some of Shizuka's blood, does that enable Kaname to control Zero as his servant to some degree? With limited common vampire knowledge (I was told this by Kraco :)), all I know is that drinking their blood heals his insanity, but whether it breaks their bond is another matter.

Either way, next season should be worth waiting for, with Zero most likely being hunted by the Senior Council right from the start.

For those interested in archiving Shoku-dan, here's their batch torrent.

[Shoku-dan] Vampire Knight 1-13.torrent (http://tracker.anirena.com/details.php?id=9243&hit=1)

Kraco
Sat, 07-05-2008, 03:12 AM
I don't think servants transfer in such a manner in any story. Normally under circumstances like this it's reasonable to think Zero is set free, that is, becomes his own master. He pretty much got Shizuka's blood from Kaname's blood, or alternatively just drinking a pureblood's blood might have been enough. They didn't seem to emphasize the fact, or difference, so I don't think it'll play any role anymore. Besides, since Zero drank Kaname's blood, he would be free in any case, even if Kaname had gained power over him.

Still, it's not like there was any universal vampire textbook that all stories would honour. They just come up with their own ways that suit their particular plot and setting. Which is just fine.

In any case Zero had reached the end of his road so the level E issue had to be solved. The way they did it, with having Kaname offer his blood to Zero, is quite a shoujo show solution, I have to say. Basically he didn't get free by his own power but by the grace of some "prince"...

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-06-2008, 03:51 AM
Meanwhile, here's something to fill the gap till October.

[Nipponsei] Vampire Knight Original Soundtrack.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20Original%20So undtrack.zip.torrent)

Sapphire
Mon, 08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
It took until now to watch the last five episodes, but damn, they were amazing. The infactuation with Yuuki gets a little annoying when she barely reacts or notices it. She just blushes and thinks about someone else, especially when Kaname is like thowing himself at her with love and devotion.

Though characters actions are moved quite a bit by the love triangles, thank god it's still a bit of a subplot, and there's way more interesting things happening, be it through motivation of love or otherwise. Haha @ twincesty scene between Ichiru and Zero. Awwww. Shizuka sucks, but I also get why she did what she did. It's cool that she actually had emotions for Ichiru.

If there's two things I love, it's angsty rejected love and vampires, woo! I just get agitated at Yuuki though seriously. She is selfless to the point of selfishness. We get that she doesn't like standing around witnessing everyone's drama and pain, but she pretty stupidly throws herself in the middle of battles at the most impromptu times, or tries to stop people from hurting one another for the wrong reasons.

It worked out that she tried to stop Zero from killing Shizuka because there is a whole other cool story there with her and Ichiru, but that was sort of futile since she died anyway.. Oh well. I would get a sick pleasure in seeing Yuuki seriously hurt, like Lena Lee from D.Gray Man. Of course that can't happen, this is like a double scooped reverse harem shoujo sundae.

It was cool that Kaname killed Shizuka, and cool that he offered his blood for Zero, even if it was for Yuuki. Predictable, but cool.

Oh and when is the next season outttttt. I think I will marathon it. My body can only take so much suspense between episodes lol.

NeoBear
Fri, 10-10-2008, 12:19 AM
so um yeah is this season two and why am i first to notice =/

Vampire Knight Guilty subs by Shoku-dan

http://a.scarywater.net/shoku-dan/%5BShoku-dan%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20Guilty%20-%2001%20%5BLQ%5D.avi.torrent

5 mins in i guess it is that or an oav ...... rejoice ?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-10-2008, 12:23 AM
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7759/13037vt0.jpg

A continuation of the first Vampire Knight Season

Genres: action, comedy, drama, romance, supernatural

Themes: Bishoujo, Bishounen, Vampires

Plot Summary: Yuuki wants to know more about her true family and her forgotten past and starts a research. The secret will be revealed. Yuki, Kaname and Zero will show the begining of a new mystery and a forbidden love.

Episodes: 13

First episode posted by Neobear above. Not sure if LQ implies a HQ release later.

Edit: HQ releases tomorrow.

Sapphire
Fri, 10-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Wow I am so excited. But maybe I will hold off and marathon it, because the suspense between episodes is really rather intense..

PS - My friend, who knows nothing about anime, gave me a Vampire Knight pencil holder. How cool is that? I was shocked.

Kraco
Fri, 10-10-2008, 07:11 AM
I watched already some Ikai Dake subs yesterday, and it looked like a jolly good start, or continuation rather. I remember from the manga (that I stopped reading when this anime began) that around these times things started to get a little confusing for me, which is basically why I was glad to stop reading the manga. I hope the anime remains as clear as it has been so far.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-10-2008, 11:35 AM
The episode got me straight back into Vampire Knight. They recapped and brought out some new material, which is always a plus. Marie hinted Shizuka having a hiddne agenda... Something like:

"Kiryuu was killed so the real culprit would be hidden" or something. I don't understand it, but seems interesting enough. Good to see Yuuki still struggling to sort out who she likes, while all the little hints point towards Kaname being more than the good noble he appears to be.

Aidou seems to be keeping quiet about something, so it looks like he'll play a bigger part this second time round.

Keep watching Sapph. The tension makes it all the better ;)

Kraco
Fri, 10-17-2008, 03:58 AM
More snow stained crimson:

Episode 2 HD - Yuurisan-Subs (http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_02_%5B1280x720%5D%5B0EC3B52A%5D.mp4.torrent)
Episode 2 SD - Yuurisan-Subs (http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_02_%5B5D960918%5D.avi.torrent)

Sapphire
Fri, 10-17-2008, 06:54 AM
I shall wait for... 8 more weeks or so? =D Maybe 20!!

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Shoku-dan Vampire Knight Ep 2 [1280x720].torrent (http://a.scarywater.net/shoku-dan/%5BShoku-dan%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20Guilty%20-%2002%20(1280x720)%20%5B634A4B6C%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Fri, 10-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Yuuki's relationship with Zero is 500% more balanced than with Kaname. It's true her self-sacrificing personality is more than evident with Zero as well but at least she still has some amount of rationality left. She at least tries to affect Zero somewhat, but she worships Kaname far too much to be any good near him. Zero she just desperately wants to help, which is actually quite the opposite, despite the fact she would willingly feed her blood to both of them, thus creating a somewhat similar looking end result.

A character willingly letting a vampire to drink blood is a hot scene for me so I'm not complaining as such but sometimes I wish Yuuki's character was a bit stronger.

David75
Sat, 10-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Yuuki's relationship with Zero is 500% more balanced than with Kaname. It's true her self-sacrificing personality is more than evident with Zero as well but at least she still has some amount of rationality left. She at least tries to affect Zero somewhat, but she worships Kaname far too much to be any good near him. Zero she just desperately wants to help, which is actually quite the opposite, despite the fact she would willingly feed her blood to both of them, thus creating a somewhat similar looking end result.

A character willingly letting a vampire to drink blood is a hot scene for me so I'm not complaining as such but sometimes I wish Yuuki's character was a bit stronger.

In fact I do think there's something wrong with her.
Zero wasn't in such a predicament he was before. She didn't need to entice him like that!
I don't know how you got it, but to me in that scene Zero didn't really lust for blood, he seemed more attracted to the experience of it, shared with Yuuki, other than just the blood
feeding. It was more a desire, than a survival/instinctive need.

Kraco
Sat, 10-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Yes, but Yuuki had no idea that Kaname had "saved" Zero, for a little while at least. She probably thought Zero was/is still suffering immensely and trying every second to fight his instincts to drink blood. That's why she immediately offered her blood to him. That was a stupid move in any case because it's not like having a neck readily available every moment would build Zero's character at all and make him more like the night class students mainly living on pills. That's why I said I would wish Yuuki to grow stronger and be more firm.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-18-2008, 02:06 AM
In fact I do think there's something wrong with her.
Zero wasn't in such a predicament he was before. She didn't need to entice him like that!
I don't know how you got it, but to me in that scene Zero didn't really lust for blood, he seemed more attracted to the experience of it, shared with Yuuki, other than just the blood
feeding. It was more a desire, than a survival/instinctive need.

The message I got was that he's not "thirsting for blood", but he (Zero) was surprised that when Yuuki offered it, it still turned him on, something that he thought would go away when he was freed from the hell known as Level E.

I've been wondering if that kid was ever under the control of Kaname. Remember how Kaname obtained new powers from Shizuka when he drank her blood? I've always had the feeling the dichromatic bat was symbolic of his dual powers, and the little kid there doesn't help. He could be genuinely innocent, but all his smirks afterwards look really fishy.

Since Guilty started again, we're shown Kaname to be mostly the nice guy again, while Vampire Knight S1 ended with a really "betraying" feel, especially how Kaname wasn't the do-good-guy he seems to be.

btw, I don't know if it was my problem, but that Shoku-dan HD was not HD.

Here's the SD avi:

[Shoku-dan] Vampire Knight Guilty - 02 (704x396) [76E9FA0E].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/shoku-dan/%5BShoku-dan%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20Guilty%20-%2002%20(704x396)%20%5B76E9FA0E%5D.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Sat, 10-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Kaname a nice guy? I don't think any of those vampire nobles ever were nice guys, the purebloods least of them all. They all seems to have enemies even within their own family. Kaname, I think, might have been a nice guy had he not been born a pureblood, but as he is, I think he's anything but. Very manipulative and scheming. He genuinely likes Yuuki, for sure, but at the same time I think he believes he totally owns her as well.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-18-2008, 03:54 AM
Kaname a nice guy? I don't think any of those vampire nobles ever were nice guys, the purebloods least of them all. They all seems to have enemies even within their own family. Kaname, I think, might have been a nice guy had he not been born a pureblood, but as he is, I think he's anything but. Very manipulative and scheming. He genuinely likes Yuuki, for sure, but at the same time I think he believes he totally owns her as well.

The only vampire who I can find no flaws in is Ichijou. For that, he's one of my favourites. Like you've said though, as a noble who is admired, feared and at least by another despised, scheming is a condition for survival, and the lack of which causes your downfall, much like Shizuka.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-19-2008, 07:40 AM
[Nipponsei] Vampire Knight Guilty OP Single - Rondo [ON OFF].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20Guilty%20OP%2 0Single%20-%20Rondo%20%5BON%20OFF%5D.zip.torrent)

Kraco
Thu, 10-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Be hated by you:

Episode 3 - Yuurisan-Subs (http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_03_%5B2E65E81F%5D.mp4.torrent)

Sapphire
Sat, 10-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Funny how I can last 22 weeks not watching Code Geass, but not even three not watching Vampire Knight!!! Ahhh..

The way Kaname just messes with everyone's mind is brilliant.

Kraco
Sun, 10-26-2008, 02:48 AM
The vampire relations are quite hard to figure out. All that fawning and bowing to the pure bloods. It's lacking dynamism.

Yuuki continues to be more like a danger to Zero than a positive entity with almost forcing him to drink her blood. You can see the girl actually enjoys it, and likely sees it as a safe replacement for sex...

Sapphire
Sun, 10-26-2008, 07:49 AM
The vampire relations are quite hard to figure out. All that fawning and bowing to the pure bloods. It's lacking dynamism.

Exactly!! I was going to post about this earlier but I was too tired. But my comment is a little different. I am sure that this is going to be one of those shows where Yuuki doesn't confess her love to either Kaname or Zero for at least 30 more months, and she will continue to shake her head and ignore them blatently throwing themselves at her. But Kaname literally straddling Yuuki and asking her to be with him forever... WITH LITTLE CONSEQUENCE WUT?? I am starting to think that Yuuki's love for him is just platonic and not romantic at ALL. In fact I don't think Yuuki is capable of feeling romantic feelings for anyone. She's asexual.

Yuuki continues to be more like a danger to Zero than a positive entity with almost forcing him to drink her blood. You can see the girl actually enjoys it, and likely sees it as a safe replacement for sex...Yeah I agree, she should be trying to ween him on to pill blood or something. Her utterly selfless selfishness is always annoying to see. It's like the world revolves around her revolving the world around Zero and Kaname. The world seems to revolve around Kaname too. Maybe the show would be more original and less redundant if it was from Zero's old trainer's point of view. Watching a bunch of angsty teens who hold the fate of the world mope about love while he works in the background doing whatever he does.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-26-2008, 07:54 AM
But Kaname literally straddling Yuuki and asking her to be with him forever... WITH LITTLE CONSEQUENCE

At first, that made sense, since Kaname could just tell Yuuki to suck his blood back, and then all would be good. Then I remembered that most humans die after being bitten like that. Only the minority change into vampires, and so only then would Kaname's blood save her. I was surprised Kaname took such a gamble just to make her his vamp.

KitKat
Sun, 10-26-2008, 01:20 PM
At first, that made sense, since Kaname could just tell Yuuki to suck his blood back, and then all would be good. Then I remembered that most humans die after being bitten like that. Only the minority change into vampires, and so only then would Kaname's blood save her. I was surprised Kaname took such a gamble just to make her his vamp.

I don't think Kaname ever had any intention to follow through. He was just playing with her, reminding her of how much control he has over her. He's one of those people that looks all nice and gentle on the outside, but inside is a complete psychopath. I don't know what he needs Yuuki for, but I'm pretty sure he has a carefully laid plan where she is necessary in some way. He's not the kind of person to deviate from his plans on a whim.

Kraco
Sun, 10-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I, on the contrary, think that might exactly be what he's doing, on the side. I think he has some clandestine plan that's somehow connected to the pure bloods and the fact the council is right now ruling the vampires, not the pure bloods. His parents were killed and surely he's trying to sort that case out. Yuuki, however, might be just his toy and not ultimately involved in his plans as such. From the looks of things he can't proceed very fast with any plan he might have; he has already been waiting years, so maybe Yuuki is just something to play with in the meantime, to releave some stress.

David75
Sun, 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I think Kaname killed his parents.
I wonder what's the reason, but that could explain his depressive look. Moreover that wouldn't be surprising considering how he killed that pure blood and lied about it.

Kraco
Sun, 10-26-2008, 03:38 PM
You mean Kaname killed his own parents? Hmm... I don't believe in that. I suppose it could be true in theory but I'm not willing to believe one guy in the Yuuki triangle would be parent killing murderer. Moreover, they indicated that incident changed Kaname. Maybe Kaname and Yuuki are victims of the same enemy faction, whatever it might be.

David75
Sun, 10-26-2008, 03:44 PM
You mean Kaname killed his own parents? Hmm... I don't believe in that. I suppose it could be true in theory but I'm not willing to believe one guy in the Yuuki triangle would be parent killing murderer. Moreover, they indicated that incident changed Kaname. Maybe Kaname and Yuuki are victims of the same enemy faction, whatever it might be.

I don't know why I got that idea, probably because the suicide thing is a very pratical lie for everyone including the council.
If we suppose the council killed his parents through hunters or directly, why is kaname still alive?

Kraco
Sun, 10-26-2008, 03:55 PM
A good question. Maybe he escaped yet didn't learn the culprit and thus whoever is behind it deemed it safe to leave him alive; he a pure blood after all, and not idly killed according to the vampire morals. Or maybe leaving him alone alive was intentional to begin with. Either way, despite being pure blooded, he can't probably go around killing everybody suspicious, so the culprits are relative safe most likely. Though where Yuuki fits in here is anybody's guess (despite my earlier post it's pretty obvious she has some deeper role; she's the main character after all. It would also be bit of a stretch if Kaname just happened to be there when Yuuki was about to be butchered by some vampire in the middle of nowhere).

We just have to wait and see. If we are lucky the plot is intriguing enough to make it worth waiting.

David75
Sun, 10-26-2008, 04:25 PM
It was quite disturbing how Kaname's mother looked like Yuuki a lot. And Yuuki had her memory erased.
I wonder if it's the reason for Kaname's parents death.

Also we do not get to see lots of purebloods in the show, must be hard to preserve the kind. We do not really know either how they "reproduce" in VK world. Vampire reproduction, never thought I'd talk about it one day

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Hmm....I didn't realise we were discussing episode 3 already. How's Yuurisan compared to Shoku-dan?

Kraco
Sun, 10-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Who knows... I watched Shoku-dan last time when season 1 was running, but I replaced those eps with A-Kraze's subs so they aren't elite, I reckon. Yuurisan is good enough until you get something better, as well. Nothing to tell the gravedigger about, when you visit a cemetery, but good enough for a casual watch.

Sapphire
Sun, 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM
You guys are giving Kaname more credit than needed on the whole Yuuki seduction thing. I think the theory of him merely playing with her just makes him seem cooler than he really is. Yuuki is Kaname's one weakness. He really -does- want to be with Kaname forever, and in a moment of weakness (red eyes straddling etc) he thought to make her his eternally. And of course when came to his senses he said "that's enough of that"... he played it off like it was all his game in the first place. He often plays it off as he's playing with someone's mind when it might seem like he doesn't have complete control of a situation, examples including when Yuuki was demanding that Kaname acknowledge that Zero didn't kill Shio (or whatsherface) and whenever it seems that Zero might be protecting Yuuki more than he is. (Remember.. its my blood that flows through you so it's really me protecting her) of course I think this just makes him cooler. XD

As for the parent-suicide thing.. It really is a tossup.. It could be that he killed his parents for more power (which I think is unlikely) or saw his parents get murdered and is now working towards ultimate revenge by getting stronger and manipulating everyone. (Sexier older version of Sasuke?)

David75
Wed, 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Ep4 by Yurrisan subs:
[Yuurisan-Subs] Vampire Knight Guilty - 04 [B3480DB9] mp4 127Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/1957954)

Convenient page burn... a bit lame actually. I guess there's an active power there.

Kaname may really have killed his parents, his question to Aidou can also be interpreted that way.

Did Shuri's father really sucked his blood to death?
Did we experience the first human death by blood draining?

All in all, even if there's always room for complaining, elements are well presented and it's quite enjoyable, although the mandatory "comic relief" scenes tend to be really useless and uncalled for... because of the darker tone of the show.

NeoBear
Thu, 11-06-2008, 01:23 AM
episode 5

http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_05_%5BB733C328%5D.mp4.torrent

btw did anybody have a differnt link to episode 4 the one i have is playing at like warp speed?

David75
Thu, 11-06-2008, 01:36 AM
episode 5

http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_05_%5BB733C328%5D.mp4.torrent

btw did anybody have a differnt link to episode 4 the one i have is playing at like warp speed?

Shoku-dan stalled for some reason.
Maybe you can try the avi from yuurisan?

NeoBear
Thu, 11-06-2008, 02:04 AM
yeah the episode 4 i have is from yuuri and it rans super fast for some reason read on there site something like

"f you if your comp sucks eat shit blah blah ect ect"

so i was hopeing someone else subed this guess i have to wait around for another group to catch up dont want to watch things outta order

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-06-2008, 02:05 AM
Did you try both Yuurisan mp4 and avi?

NeoBear
Thu, 11-06-2008, 02:09 AM
ah i see it seems mp4s give my computer aids (well yuuris) do you happen to have a quick link to an avi for episode 4? i was looking around on the site think i glossed over it i feel like im looking at C+ code or something

some of the stuff is just worded wierd =/

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Episode 4 (http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_04_%28Xvid%29%5B7C52D1EB%5D.avi.torrent) in .avi format by Yuurisan

NeoBear
Thu, 11-06-2008, 02:26 AM
thank you bro =)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-06-2008, 07:03 AM
I'm confused now. I thought Kaname's blood permanently saved Zero from becoming a Level E. He's certainly more composed with himself, and he only thirsts for blood when he sees it, making him a level D instead, right?

A=Purebloods
B=Nobles
C=Common Vampires
D=Ex-human Vampires
E=Berserk Ex-human Vampire.

Kraco
Thu, 11-06-2008, 07:23 AM
I think only drinking the blood of the vampire that made him one would have saved him for good. Drinking Kaname's blood (especially after Kaname drank Shizuka's blood) was the next best thing. But the next best is still nothing but a next best.

I'm actually kind of surprised Zero doesn't remind Kaname of that fact when Kaname continuously reminds Zero of the fact he "graciously" allows Zero to drink his blood. Zero would have every reason to be more pissed off at the man who basically killed his only salvation for his own machinations. But of course a shoujo show can't have so simple emotions and motivations.

NeoBear
Thu, 11-06-2008, 11:07 PM
...all the inner monologues in this show are starting to wear me out

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-15-2008, 09:36 AM
[Nipponsei] Vampire Knight Guilty ED Single - Suna no Oshiro [Kanon Wakeshima].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Vampire%20Knight%20Guilty%20ED%2 0Single%20-%20Suna%20no%20Oshiro%20%5BKanon%20Wakeshima%5D.zi p.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-17-2008, 10:33 PM
[Yuurisan-Subs]_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_06_[4FF6FC1F].mp4 (http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_06_%5B4FF6FC1F%5D.mp4.torrent)
[Yuurisan-Subs]_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_06_[BA35F402].avi (http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_06_%5BBA35F402%5D.avi.torrent)

Some difficulties with the h264 torrent. Not quite sure whats wrong as everything looks right, Somesite is looking into it.

Sounds like a tracker problem, so try your luck to see if they've fixed it.

David75
Fri, 11-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Episode 7, avi only as of yet but decent quality.
[Yuurisan-Subs] Vampire Knight Guilty - 07 [F2D428F4] avi 168.51Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/tor/2028627)

I hope that now that the big thing is out, the story gets a quicker pace... because we've got more than a well furnished and detailed setting.

Edit: MP4 released:
[Yuurisan-Subs] Vampire Knight Guilty - 07 [17EE6C4B] mp4 179.36Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/2029327)

Kraco
Sat, 11-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Good old onii-sama setting. Well, I suppose you can't have a good teen vampire story unless everybody and their uncles are vampires - whether they know it or not. I know what you mean by a quicker pace, though. Considering all the allegations and hints of massive power play within the vampire society, we haven't really seen much, in the end. All we have is the general hierarchy and then quite a few names but before this Kaname's less than civil uncle showed up, very little actually seemed to be going on (aside from Kaname killing and drinking Shizuka's blood, which was already suggested to be a part of a bigger plan and not just a random act to get rid of her).

It'll be interesting to see what Zero's role is to be in the future. I don't think he's particularly powerful compared to the better nobles with their fancy powers, not to mention purebloods, and moreover he doesn't really have any motivations or aims of his own aside from protecting Yuuki. And since this is a shoujo show, I wouldn't put it beyond it to make Kaname and Yuuki the couple of the series - siblings or not - leaving Zero even less available role slots at all.

Sapphire
Sun, 11-23-2008, 12:34 PM
The redundancy of this series was really starting to piss me off. I mean, Yuuki finally "admitted" that she loved Kaname, but Kaname still did all he could do to keep her in ignorance and in some pseudo-happiness for as long as possible.

They are "lovers" after all. Then we had that whole angle of Kaname being deeply in love with Yuuki, unsuccessfully seducing her much as possible while keeping massively important secrets from her as long as possible, while Yuuki used all of her might to resist his charms and find out the truth about herself, the whole task not getting any easier since she is deeply in 'love' with him. While I am annoyed that I had to watch that for like 30 episodes, I have to give her props for resisting him as long as possible in order to find out the more important truth about herself.

I just thank the author that we don't have to listen to anyone else's internal struggles.

And OH GAWD at the whole 'Kaname is my older brother... sort of' ordeal. All I can hope is that Yuuki isn't such a weakling whiner anymore, and maybe she can start to actually matter when push comes to shove instead of standing there crying. I liked her near insane crazyness when she was straddling Zero and calling him a 'goody two shoes'. I still don't like the fact that her memories were wiped for the sake of her turning into a carelessly happy slushkabob.. because the whole entire time she was suffering ANYWAY. It's like they tried to make her Nel but failed miserably.

All in all, I really did like this episode. It was sort of a turning point. I suppose the entire series' setting will be in the school? So the school is some sort of neutral grounds for antagonist vampires to show up and duke it out with the main vampires while the humans are merely observers who can only pitifully admire the pretty "night class," ignorant of the danger that lies before them. I sort of like that, but I also think it would be cool if Yuuki left the school and started to go to different places. Her world just seems very small to me.

Kraco
Sat, 11-29-2008, 03:31 PM
O Onii-Sama, Where Art Thou?

Episode 8 - Yuurisan-Subs (http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_08_%5B313D0C82%5D.mp4.torrent)
Also, a definite archive version appears:
Episode 1 - A-Kraze-Diffusion (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze_Diffusion%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_01_%5BH264_1280x720_AAC%5D%5B35A9D51D%5D.mkv.torr ent)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

This was kind of an annoying episode, because it seemed to move so slowly and with trivial matters, with something really monumental just around the corner. Still, I guess this partly explained one thing that has been bothering me for a while: Why Kaname seems to be doing nothing. Apparently he didn't want to do anything before Yuuki awakes, yet he didn't want Yuuki to do that, so he just waited for the inevitable.

Zero didn't seem too happy, though. But I doubt his feelings for Yuuki are so weak this would make them enemies.

David75
Sat, 11-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Well you can't blame them for trying to blend lost of things that fit shoujo stories... with siblings love all around too.

The only frustrating matter is that they all show great potential power, but only remain there. Probably because high levels of power eps are for shounen shows. Only having a glimpse should be sufficient I guess.

But we sure miss a great battle of some kind, be it emo/tragic is needed for the targeted audience, a bit of sad music, some tears could do the trick.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Yuurisan VKG - Ep 9 (http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_09_%5B6EA6FFF2%5D.mp4.torrent) & 10 (http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_10_%5B233723C5%5D.mp4.torrent) (mp4)

Kraco
Tue, 12-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Haha. I totally foresaw a long time ago why Kaname kept Zero around, even before it was made evident he can't willingly kill his ancestor by his own hand. Not that it would have taken any great deduction powers, but anyway. It's a pretty solid piece of writing in any case. However, being so accustomed to the vampires' treatment of purebloods, I think Kaname's master plan's greatest weakness is the fact Yuuki hardly changed since becoming a vampire again - certainly not acting like a pureblood naturally.

Sapphire
Thu, 12-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Hatsuyuki-fansub Ep 11 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=43513)

Everything has suddenly become a lot more interesting. Glad to see Yuuki's personality change, though her hooking up with her own brother is a bit... bleh.

David75
Thu, 12-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Hatsuyuki-fansub Ep 11 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=43513)

Everything has suddenly become a lot more interesting. Glad to see Yuuki's personality change, though her hooking up with her own brother is a bit... bleh.
Have you been able to understand that fansub?
Because last time I tried, I had to download from another group and watch again...

Sapphire
Fri, 12-19-2008, 02:40 PM
I watched someone's sub from CrunchyRoll, which was terrible qual, actually. :(

Kraco
Fri, 12-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Fate of the twins:

Episode 11 - Yuurisan (http://www.yuurisan-subs.org/tracker4/torrents/%5BYuurisan-Subs%5D_Vampire_Knight_Guilty_-_11_%5B6619BE2D%5D.mp4.torrent)

This was quite a nice episode despite the overabundance of brother love. I guess it was there to make Zero's deed more dramatic but nevertheless it was painful to watch. Also, the regular E-level vampires are stupidly weak. I suppose the fights of those other student vampires are of little importance to the plot and thus they are anything but exciting. Although since this a shoujo show, I reckon fights in general aren't any hot topic.

Yuuki remains funnily out of everything, running here and there like a headless chicken, with no idea what's going on and what she should be doing...

Sapphire
Fri, 12-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I was very sad for Ichiru. And Zero never even bothered saying he was innocent! But in a way that makes it more touching, because even then, Ichiru dearly loved his brother. ;_;

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-03-2009, 06:09 AM
The Strongest Hunter:

[Yuurisan] - Episode 12 (http://bt.yuurisan-subs.org/download.php?action=torrent&info_hash=7c29deb31d617ded9b25dab5c5d5eeffd69df6a2 )

Kraco
Sat, 01-03-2009, 08:46 AM
This episode was quite a powerfest, with every character trying to outdo the previous in the scale of powers. However, I liked a few scenes like Ichijou turning against his old man, Zero saving Yuuki (for now), and Yuuki cutting Zero (to save him). Those scenes had quite nice vibes.

One bigger thing I find very intresting indeed is how I still have no idea what will happen to Zero in the end and what Yuuki will do. Obviously Yuuki isn't anymore any typical pureblood so it should be somewhat impossible even for Kaname to predict what is going on inside her head.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah, it was quite the power battle. Despite that though, powers have always been predetermined in this show. Purebloods have absolute power...that's always been the case. Now they just used the same plot device to make Kaname useless, and throw in the wild card Zero in there.

As for weapons transforming......eh, that's too much of a "I will protect!" cliche to get my full support. I don't hate it though.

On the other hand, I do like how we're finally shown the meaning of "Vampire Knight".

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Awaken the Vampire Knight.

Yuurisan - VKG-13[FINAL].mp4 (http://bt.yuurisan-subs.org/download.php?action=torrent&info_hash=a2461d5427f526201133dfa87893aa0d27d58d2e )

---------------------------------------------------
I think that was as much an ending as was the first season of Vampire knight, possibly just a little more conclusive. Rido was beaten too easily, but that's always been the case in this show. Not entirely to my liking, it's always been quite absolute as to who can defeat who.

Visually, I'm not impressed. The dodgy picture can be blamed on either the encoders or raw providers, but animation-wise wasn't top notch neither, particularly scenes where faces were obviously substituted with a simple shade of skin tone.

The anime itself felt rather slow, and any tension or sudden surprises that may have been evident in the manga didn't turn up well at all here. I can't remember the soundtracks of the first season to accurately compare, but I do think music was also a bit of a letdown here. I've heard some say this arc was one of the best in the manga, but it just didn't feel that way.

In the end, the second season's adaptation seemed decent at best. Having watched the second half in bulk means any slowness was less noticeable, but nevertheless there. The whole concept of Yuuki's vampire identity just wasn't as gripping or menacing as Zero's, but I do like how this second season explained a lot more of how the vampire (and human) world works outside the academy.

I'll still be looking out for a third season/series, if they do make one, but with no where near the enthusiasm I had after watching the previews for the original Vampire Knight last year.

Kraco
Wed, 01-07-2009, 06:38 AM
I had no problems with this episode. The fight was perhaps a bit of a letdown since Rido didn't actually fight back at all. That was a kind of fatalistic attitude from someone who has been doing nothing but sleep and wait for this moment for years. But like you said, the power scale is fixed and fatalism seems to be the rage among vampires at large.

I liked the episode otherwise. Keeping in mind this is a shoujo show, I think it was natural Yuuki would go with Kaname. I had no idea how they would deal with Zero, though, and I wouldn't have been overly surprised if he had died one way or another. The way it actually ended left Yuuki with strange kind of a shadow, although I don't think anybody imagines Zero could actually ever kill her. It was a funny way to say he will never forget her...

I have to say I especially liked the scene where Yuuki drank Zero's blood, thus "officially" confirming their situation. I have no doubt Zero's real motive was simply to get Yuuki to taste his blood. Considering they are both vampires, that has to have a special meaning.