PDA

View Full Version : Games

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:15 PM
What if you added games to the "movies and tv" section ?

There's quite a big number of game threads so i think they really deserve a subforum of their own, and besides they always get ignored since everyone already has their pet threads they like to post on general.

Munsu
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:52 PM
We used to have one...

Don't think we'll have another one at the moment. I myself wouldn't want it with TV and Movies.

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Well why did you close it? There r alot of gamers around here and i think it would be fun to add a litle more stuff to the tv and movies sub forum since it's probably the slowest in the whole forum.

Assassin
Sat, 04-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Ciber shut it down, and we got it back after quite a bit complaining and arguing and name calling.

In any case, we dont need to merge the game threads into the tv/movies section. It serves no purpose. If people want to discuss them they can just as easily discuss them in GD. No one is ignoring the gaming threads, and if they are, it isn't due to any 'pet' threads.

Archangel
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Hmm i still think it could be a good idea. Should we make a poll to see how the rest of the forum feels or is it the mods decision final?

Assassin
Sun, 04-06-2008, 01:17 PM
1. This is a comp decision
2. Whats your basis for thinking its a good idea. You haven't provided anything beyond "games deserve their own section".
3. How the rest of the forum feels is, at most times, not a reason to make any changes. Mainly due to the fact that if given the choice 90% would vote to turn GD into another flame pit.

complich8
Sun, 04-06-2008, 10:44 PM
we've been around and around on the games section idea in the past. I'm fine with it how it is now. There were never really enough active game threads going at the same time to justify it having its own section, and it doesn't really fit with movies and TV because gaming, unlike the other two, is interactive.

We're leaving gaming discussion in General Discussion for now.

python862
Mon, 04-07-2008, 02:27 PM
I don't mind posting games in GD. It's not that big of a deal to me. And if you put it in with Movies and TV, that would cause unnecessary confusion (I would think).