PDA

View Full Version : PM's

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Everytime i try to send a PM, right after i press the send button it goes to "this page can't be found" but it send the PM anyway. It's not really a big problem but it's annoying.

Does this only happen to me, or does it happen to others too?

Edit: Ups, sorry i meant to post this on general support can i mod pls move it?

complich8
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Do you know what the HTTP error you were getting is (eg: 404, 403, 500)?

Do you know what the URL your browser was trying to get that it couldn't display?

Similarly, is anyone else having this issue?

How long has this been happening? Is it a new thing or have you seen it before?

Is it every time, or just once in a while?

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:13 PM
No http error, just says i can't show the webpage just as if my internet conexion wans't on

http://forums.gotwoot.net/private.php

No idea, they'll post if they do i guess

This is happening to me ever since i joined the forum

Every single Pm

complich8
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:22 PM
That's pretty strange...

When I look at my own test PM, I see a POST to /private.php, then a subsequent GET to /private.php in the logs.

When I find the last one that you sent, I only see the POST, not the GET.

I'd suggest you try a different browser. It might be a browser issue, or it might be something else in between...

Either way it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:24 PM
PMed Archie no problem.

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:24 PM
It also happens with firefox. Should i try yet another different browser?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm using firefox. Is there a url keyword filter at your place? I find that if a keyword matches, it'll send the message, but block the feedback, resulting in an unretrievable error.

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:27 PM
No, there are no filters on my computer. Could it have aything to do with the firewall? Im using McAfee

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-05-2008, 06:08 PM
umm, dunno. I've got zonealarm, and that's got parental control, but if something's blocked, it displays a different page. I was mainly talking about an external filter, like the site blocking on routers, since they mostly run on keyword blocking, while firewalls tend to use site blocking.

Has this happened on other computers around the house if any? Maybe it's your account :p

complich8
Sat, 04-05-2008, 08:25 PM
It could be firewall settings on your side.

It's nothing we're doing on our end. I see the POST but not the GET, and that's all there is to it. If our firewall rules were doing something, they wouldn't differentiate between POST and GET, and if we were doing something like a LIMIT or LIMITEXCEPT on apache, I'd see the GET and the resulting 403 error.

Presumably you can still get to http://forums.gotwoot.net/private.php at other times, and it's just that one request sequence that doesn't go through?

Archangel
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Well it's incredibly weirs that this hasn't happened to any other user because i just tried sending a PM in another computer and got the exact same problem lol

Could it have anything to do with my account?

PS: Sorry, i didn't quite get your question comp

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Well it's incredibly weirs that this hasn't happened to any other user because i just tried sending a PM in another computer and got the exact same problem lol

Could it have anything to do with my account?

PS: Sorry, i didn't quite get your question comp

Computer on the same network or using the same firewall? That's all I can come up with.

Archangel
Mon, 04-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Nope a completely different computer in a place far far away from my house. We don't even use the same internet provider

Munsu
Mon, 04-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Move from your country.

Archangel
Mon, 04-07-2008, 11:28 AM
lol, jokes aside do you really think it has something to do with my country? This problem is starting to get annoying

Munsu
Mon, 04-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Create a new user and send pm's to yourself and see if something happens.