PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 54

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Naruto Shippuuden Episode 54 (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns054.torrent)

New codec. Same container.

Kusanagi
Fri, 04-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Not a bad episode all together, not alot of staring in this one.

However the animation was getting bad at times. During the hospital visit, it was almost like watching a paper-mache Naruto wave his arms around, when you see you'll know it.
And the scene in the restraunt was pretty bad too.
But the scene at the end with the introduction of the two new character (of whom I assume will be filler chars) wasn't bad.

BioAlien
Fri, 04-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I was wondering why there was no ED after episode 53.. this explain everything, it was a double episode. (It's in widescreen now?)

Currently downloading.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Is this really filler? It's better than 53 IMO. Something actually happened, and some parts were actually funny. Chouji finally copping it was good. I don't think the wide screen mattered much, since overall quality didn't change. Naruto's new training....when they first went through it, I thought Kakashi was going to trap him in a genjitsu or something and have him train in that. Like the time chamber in DBZ, but I guess not now.

BioAlien
Fri, 04-04-2008, 11:23 PM
But the scene at the end with the introduction of the two new character (of whom I assume will be filler chars) wasn't bad.

Indeed it is.. Filler that is, because I thought it was bad.

As far as I remember, they weren't in the manga.
But the rest is pretty much in it.

kaniskii
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:11 AM
yea, it looks like they will combine filler with the manga I guess. Not sure how it will happen, but I guess we will find out soon.

Is this the first time they have added filler characters into thew opening scene. I liked the New intro as well. The music was ok, but the animation was very good.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Is the part where Naruto supposed to learn a new technique filler?

Actually, thinking about it, I don't care either way. Naruto doing something new is like this promise they keep making that they never deliver on. It'll probably just end up being another Rasengan.

The parts of this episode with Sai I really enjoyed though. Whats his deal? Does he just find girls repulsive?

BioAlien
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Is the part where Naruto supposed to learn a new technique filler?

Nope.
Pretty much everything until the 2 filler character at the end is in the manga.
Though I don't really remember if Naruto's dream is in it too...

Tyreal
Sat, 04-05-2008, 03:05 AM
After seeing the intro I thought there would be more filler than that. All in all not a bad episode. The only thing I don't like about it is that I can't stream it to my HDTV through my Xbox 360 any more because of the new codec (specifically the audio codec).

Shadow Skill
Sat, 04-05-2008, 03:16 AM
So.. DB's site said this is in Widescreen now. Woohoo! I been waiting 3 years for this. :)

Sucks for the people with computers slower than 1.5GHz or less. Yippe for everyone like me with 3.2GHz (Duo) or more. :) <3

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-05-2008, 04:26 AM
Aw, the 360 won't play the new codec? Damn.

I do like the new widescreen. I'm surprised they didn't start doing that with the beginning of Shippuuden honestly.

Assertn
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Yeah, Naruto's training is not filler. The dream at the beginning of the episode, however, was filler.

I love how Sai managed to piss Sakura off twice in that episode.

Kraco
Sat, 04-05-2008, 07:51 AM
I personally feel Shippuuden becomes better when things get happening. Even if they aren't that meaningful necessarily. This ep had no staring contests or flashbacks and it immediately made it a lot more dynamic.

The filler characters didn't look that bad right away but naturally it all depends on what manner of a story they build around them. If it's the same people writing the script that wrote the seasons of fillers before Shippuuden, then we are surely doomed.

Nintendo
Sat, 04-05-2008, 10:12 AM
i bet u all that the young filler character in the OP will be also orphan like naruto and alone and we will see the whole bonds and friendship talk of naruto again and again like with Garaa and sasuke.

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Sai was pretty funny this episode ^^

i liked it even though nothing really happened

Uberbaka
Sat, 04-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Kraco, these two episodes also had like 4-5 manga chapters between them which helps a lot =]

Xyrox
Sat, 04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Maybe Naruto will start his training, and the fillers will focus on another team's mission (Team Asuma) instead. That's right, fillers without Naruto; wouldn't that be quite a nice variation? There's still hope.

Kraco
Sat, 04-05-2008, 11:54 AM
I somewhat doubt that. Surely they would have used such a (good) approach already during the abysmal filler seasons if they were ever going to use it at all.

When I watched this episodes and also considering all the previous Shippuuden ones I'm more and more starting to feel like Naruto truly didn't learn a single new technigue during the time he spent with Jiraiya. That, if anything, would be a huge plot inconsistency. If we look back at the days when Naruto was still a good series, they are filled with scenes of Naruto wanting to learn new jutsus. And once given an opportunity, he learned surprisingly quickly. So, it would make zero sense he learned none with Jiraiya during all that time. Unless Jiraiya really just used him as a servant and failed to teach him anything at all, which, again, would make zero sense since he's worried about Naruto getting caught by Akatsuki. Man, this makes no sense.

Darthmoe
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I know this is stupid, but i can't play this new widescreen format on my Windows Media Player for Windows Vista.

Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Dam so it is a filler... wikipedia fooled me :(

Well according to u guys they're gonna mix a filler with manga stuff? How the hell is that going to turn out? Im like 50% sure that the dude with the werid hand is a jinchuuriki btw even tho it's a filler carachter

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Dam so it is a filler... wikipedia fooled me :(

Well according to u guys they're gonna mix a filler with manga stuff? How the hell is that going to turn out? Im like 50% sure that the dude with the werid hand is a jinchuuriki btw even tho it's a filler carachter

i wouldn't mind that.
maybe we'll see more akatsuki stuff this way.

which will automatically lead to some awesome techniques and so on... as i said before fillers arn't bad when they are thought through and well animated ^^ (there actually were some naruto-fillers in the past which i liked, at least i think that were fillers ^^)

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:53 PM
... surely you jest? IMO naruto fillers lead to suicidal tendencies...

And btw, we're gonna have to w8 2 weeks, again, and for a filler episode? This is fucking ridiculous...

Jessper
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I somewhat doubt that. Surely they would have used such a (good) approach already during the abysmal filler seasons if they were ever going to use it at all.

When I watched this episodes and also considering all the previous Shippuuden ones I'm more and more starting to feel like Naruto truly didn't learn a single new technigue during the time he spent with Jiraiya. That, if anything, would be a huge plot inconsistency. If we look back at the days when Naruto was still a good series, they are filled with scenes of Naruto wanting to learn new jutsus. And once given an opportunity, he learned surprisingly quickly. So, it would make zero sense he learned none with Jiraiya during all that time. Unless Jiraiya really just used him as a servant and failed to teach him anything at all, which, again, would make zero sense since he's worried about Naruto getting caught by Akatsuki. Man, this makes no sense.

Seriously, Naruto having to go train to get stronger after he just did that is so stupid. It is like he threw the 3 year idea out and then realized that he wanted a sense of urgency in the training so he just ignored his previous statement. Writing the general story arc before hand and re-reading it would help prevent this story from being retarded.

Shippuuden seems more and more like the creator just wanted to milk the cash cow for longer with out putting in any real time.

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Gz on 500 post jessper :D

Btw, did anyone notice some mild flaming to "Bleach" on this episode?? Check 11:48 lol

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-05-2008, 04:04 PM
When I watched this episodes and also considering all the previous Shippuuden ones I'm more and more starting to feel like Naruto truly didn't learn a single new technigue during the time he spent with Jiraiya. That, if anything, would be a huge plot inconsistency. If we look back at the days when Naruto was still a good series, they are filled with scenes of Naruto wanting to learn new jutsus. And once given an opportunity, he learned surprisingly quickly. So, it would make zero sense he learned none with Jiraiya during all that time. Unless Jiraiya really just used him as a servant and failed to teach him anything at all, which, again, would make zero sense since he's worried about Naruto getting caught by Akatsuki. Man, this makes no sense.From what I can see, Jiraiya's training went like this.

1. Spend an afternoon teaching him how to dispel Genjutsu.

2. Spend a long time teaching him to bring out more and more of the Kyuubi's power.

3. Getting to four tails, realize he loses his shit when that happens and stop pursuing that course.

4. Spend what time he has left learning to make his other technique a little more powerul.

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Btw am i the only one that doesn't get it why asuma is suddenly getting air time? He was like invisible till now and all of a sudden he gets airtime in the opening ( one of those times getting priority over kakashi and the other one fighting some dude) .

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-05-2008, 04:23 PM
is asuma that guy with chakra knuckles?

well if he gets airtime it means he will be involved somehow at sometime.. and its not like he never showed up before.. during the chuunin exam he was shown pretty often. and i like his weapons. he's a tru taijutsu ninja in my opinion.

he's a minor character but so is Ten-Ten and Ino, however they got their time in the openings too didn't they? so who cares.. as i said that he shows up in the opening only means that he will fight in the next episodes.

if the next episodes are fillers as many people say this would make perfect sense. but who knows if he doesn't have a role in the anime now its not the first time that a minor character gets involved in the main story for a short amount of time.

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Dude, he and the genjutsu lady were invisible for most of naruto. If u don't count the fillers u saw them fight once and in the chunnin exams they may have had 4 lines each at the most and now he gets priority over KAKASHI ?? That's just weird, why would they make him an important person in the fillers? No one really likes him.

redcat
Sat, 04-05-2008, 04:51 PM
so at 11:44 kakashi says: "But to do so, you'll need to invest a massive amount of time and effort"
12:06 naruto replies: "But we don't have time! Sasuke's-!"
12:10 kakashi interrupts: "Relax. I figured out how we can do it in no time at all."

uhh...

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Well what he meant is that normally it would take a lot of time but kakashi came up with a way for naruto to do it faster that usual. 5 bucks says he'll come up with a new rasengan...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:07 PM
I know this is stupid, but i can't play this new widescreen format on my Windows Media Player for Windows Vista.

Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Take a look here.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=9598

so at 11:44 kakashi says: "But to do so, you'll need to invest a massive amount of time and effort"
12:06 naruto replies: "But we don't have time! Sasuke's-!"
12:10 kakashi interrupts: "Relax. I figured out how we can do it in no time at all."

uhh...

That's what led me to the time warp genjutsu idea.

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:29 PM
That's what led me to the time warp genjutsu idea.

In that case, why would naruto be the only one capable of doing it?

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Dude, he and the genjutsu lady were invisible for most of naruto. If u don't count the fillers u saw them fight once and in the chunnin exams they may have had 4 lines each at the most and now he gets priority over KAKASHI ?? That's just weird, why would they make him an important person in the fillers? No one really likes him.

wtf why is that weird? well maybe now its HIS time, so what?
Ino was involved in nearly every opening so far, yet she doesn't show up very often.
and the genjutsu even had 3 episodes on her own in the fillers... so its fine for him to have the same amount in shippudden-fillers too.. i don't get you problem right now.

and its not really that no one likes/liked him.. last time i checked there was plenty of fanart from him.
he's a cool guy... taijutsu-fist-fighting-chackra-blades-smoking-with-a-nice-beard badass..

yes in my opinion he deserves to be as important as kakashi.. and i want to know more of him.. in the chuunin arc he showed me that he is pretty strong like kakashi, he was able to beat sand ninjas at ease.

so maybe now its his time. and kakashi is more passive now?

Kraco
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:45 PM

What are you talking about? He's one of the Konoha jounin. He was there when Itachi and Kisame decided to pay an (aggressive) visit, so he's linked to protecting Naruto in that way. And I certainly have nothing against him. Quite the contrary. We already saw what Kakashi is capable of during the Rescue Gaara arc. It's only good if we see other faces for a change because we know they are there. It'd be more retarded if we knew Konoha has lots of strong ninja yet everything we ever saw is team Kakashi (fortunately that has never been the case).

I'm more interested in whether Asuma and Kurenai are yet married. Surely the three years should have been enough?

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Lol did u miss his complete ownage at the hands of kisame? At least guy and kakashi were able to get some attacks out while those 2 got completely owned. And it looks fairly obvious that this filler arc will last more than just 3 episodes if they even gave it its own opening.

Personally i don't really have a strong opinion on the guy, just hope kakashi doesn't stay on the hospital in this filler while he takes over

Edit: lol no way kraco, they just flirt alot

Endrance
Sat, 04-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Just recently @MSN Messenger...

Shuukei says:
dude
Shuukei says:
the new naruto episode is like
Shuukei says:
EXACTLY what I said would happen
Shuukei says:
sasuke ran away again, nothing changed, I've watched about 20 crap episodes for THIS SHIT and now
Shuukei says:
I'm like
Shuukei says:
dead ****ing sure
Shuukei says:
there's gonna be fillers
Shuukei says:
and they're going to be... bad.

I wonder about the filler part. But if it happens, good bye Naruto Anime. Welcome Naruto Manga. That'd be too much for my little otaku heart to take.

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-05-2008, 06:31 PM
its funny, if the manga didn't exist you probably wouldn't even realize that its filler material...
as long as its animated in the same quality as now i've got no problems with fillers.

and as you can see the fillers will be involved with the story somehow, so its probably just to keep us busy with some fighting.. i don't know about the manga but probably the upcomming chapters had no fighting at all and just explanations and training stuff... so they thought this is to boring for a series which airs once a week and added some "filler fights"

Knives122
Sat, 04-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Despite most of this being not filler I was still pretty bored, so I watched this instead. Much more fulfilling if you ask me:

Garra of the Funk vs Rock Lee of the Mounty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMDAxClzqwg)

Jeff_from_MD
Sat, 04-05-2008, 08:32 PM
....Just recently @MSN Messenger...

Shuukei says:
dude
Shuukei says:
the new naruto episode is like
Shuukei says:
EXACTLY what I said would happen
Shuukei says:
sasuke ran away again, nothing changed, I've watched about 20 crap episodes for THIS SHIT and now

Doesn't that suck? Who knew that the first naruto shippuden episode pretty much showed the entirety of what the last 30 some episodes were going to result in.

I mean obviously we know it would lead to naruto encountering sasuke and the 9-tails chatting it up etc., but the fact that nothing else happened during that encounter made the last 30 episodes VERY anti-climatic.

Abdula
Sat, 04-05-2008, 09:41 PM
What are you talking about? He's one of the Konoha jounin. He was there when Itachi and Kisame decided to pay an (aggressive) visit, so he's linked to protecting Naruto in that way. And I certainly have nothing against him. Quite the contrary. We already saw what Kakashi is capable of during the Rescue Gaara arc. It's only good if we see other faces for a change because we know they are there. It'd be more retarded if we knew Konoha has lots of strong ninja yet everything we ever saw is team Kakashi (fortunately that has never been the case).

I'm more interested in whether Asuma and Kurenai are yet married. Surely the three years should have been enough?
Well during the first arc we got to see Team Gai and Kakashi show their stuff so its only right that we would get reintroduced to the rest of the rookie nine and their teachers and see what they can do.

its funny, if the manga didn't exist you probably wouldn't even realize that its filler material...
as long as its animated in the same quality as now i've got no problems with fillers.

and as you can see the fillers will be involved with the story somehow, so its probably just to keep us busy with some fighting.. i don't know about the manga but probably the upcomming chapters had no fighting at all and just explanations and training stuff... so they thought this is too boring for a series which airs once a week and added some "filler fights"
Yeah you would know its fillers because the fillers were and always will be random crap that doesn't progress the story or develop any of the characters whatsoever. I mean the majority of you guys never read the manga and yet you instantly recognize fillers, it isn't just the guality of the animation that gives it away. KrayZ that last part of your post is especially hilarious since they have been doing the exact opposite of that.

narutosharingan
Sat, 04-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I need some help...everytime I open the folder that I downloaded 54 into, the computer freezes. Anyone know why this is? (and i tried redownloading, it does the same thing)

yapchagi
Sun, 04-06-2008, 12:39 AM
I wish it's widescreen and HD...not just regular Widescreen.
I mean, what's the point of going to widescreen if it's not HD. Most Widescreen TVs are High Definition anyway.

poopdeville
Sun, 04-06-2008, 12:53 AM
They need a better encoder. I've never had problems watching H264 in QuickTime, except for this episode.

(FrontRow, Apple's remote controlled media player, uses QuickTime internally. I wish VLC made decent remote control interface)

kmkze04
Sun, 04-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Well, I'm actually happy enough with the episode. Finally some comic relief, especially when you watch through Sai's eyes how the brutal attack from Sakura goes haha.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-06-2008, 02:03 AM
I need some help...everytime I open the folder that I downloaded 54 into, the computer freezes. Anyone know why this is? (and i tried redownloading, it does the same thing)

redownload into a different location? Preferably not your desktop, more like C:/Naruto 54/ or something, so you can try the open file thing again to see if it's the file that's f*cking up. Also, since you can't open the folder, use your torrent program to delete the n54.torrent + data and see if the folder's fine.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-06-2008, 02:30 AM
I was honestly fucking shocked when I realized that the stuff shown in Episode 1 of Shippuuden turned out to be essentially the climax of this arc. The first time I saw that stuff I was like, "man, shit must really get wild after that in whatever arc that is". But then it turns out, nope, thats basically the end.

Btw am i the only one that doesn't get it why asuma is suddenly getting air time? He was like invisible till now and all of a sudden he gets airtime in the opening ( one of those times getting priority over kakashi and the other one fighting some dude) .I already explained this in the thread for the last episode. Team Asuma(Shika, Choiji, Ino), is obviously either the primary focus of the filler arc, or the team that teams up with Team Kakashi during the filler arc. Asuma got so much screentime in the opening for the same reason the filler villains did, that opening is obviously meant to showcase the filler arc.

Kraco
Sun, 04-06-2008, 03:02 AM

I can't think of any other reason than that as it's an avi container, Windows tries to create a thumbnail yet fails to because of the new encoding of the ep. I guess the simplest solution would be to first change the folder viewing to something else than thumbnails, like icons or detail, and only then downloading the episode there. Or if the ep is already there, you could use the command prompt to move the ep into a folder that uses a suitable viewing method, which does not create thumbnails.

Well, anyway, that's all I can think of.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-06-2008, 08:47 AM
I can't think of any other reason than that as it's an avi container, Windows tries to create a thumbnail yet fails to because of the new encoding of the ep. I guess the simplest solution would be to first change the folder viewing to something else than thumbnails, like icons or detail, and only then downloading the episode there. Or if the ep is already there, you could use the command prompt to move the ep into a folder that uses a suitable viewing method, which does not create thumbnails.

Well, anyway, that's all I can think of.

Does that mean it should be strange that I can see mine as a thumbnail? Coz I can.

redcat
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:25 AM
update your codecs

Archangel
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:43 AM
I already explained this in the thread for the last episode. Team Asuma(Shika, Choiji, Ino), is obviously either the primary focus of the filler arc, or the team that teams up with Team Kakashi during the filler arc. Asuma got so much screentime in the opening for the same reason the filler villains did, that opening is obviously meant to showcase the filler arc.

It's still weird how he got priority over kakashi in the opening, stuff like that never happens. Bah i0m gonna hate these fillers, i just know it. Looks like they're going to use asuma and his team alot, i hate those guys except for shikamaru, the filler characters look weird and i hear that this idea is retarded since they already have like a 100 chapters advance on the manga... Only good thing is that apparently we're gonna see kyuubi naruto again.

narutosharingan
Sun, 04-06-2008, 12:08 PM
redownload into a different location? Preferably not your desktop, more like C:/Naruto 54/ or something, so you can try the open file thing again to see if it's the file that's f*cking up. Also, since you can't open the folder, use your torrent program to delete the n54.torrent + data and see if the folder's fine.

Tried a different folder, but I can't even click on the file. The moment I open the folder, it freezes. I have tried 2 different folders.

Codecs I believe are updated.

I can't even switch it to a nonthumbnail icon, it won't let me.

Someone mentioned that it needs to be 1.5 ghz to see it. Is this true?

edit: I just opened the recycle bin where the folder that had the file was in, and even then my computer froze. Yeeesh

redcat
Sun, 04-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Someone mentioned that it needs to be 1.5 ghz to see it. Is this true?no. it might play choppy on a comp that slow but it wont make your comp freeze up like that.

im pretty sure its a codec problem. i recommend downloading and installing this: http://www.cccp-project.net/

Assertn
Sun, 04-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Only good thing is that apparently we're gonna see kyuubi naruto again.
If so, it won't be in the way that the dream foreshadowed....it looked like in his dream all 9 tails were unleashed.

Archangel
Sun, 04-06-2008, 02:36 PM
... if kyuubi naruto doesn't show up i'm giving up on this anime.

Btw, what's that power coming from asuma's blades? Is it chakra?

redcat
Sun, 04-06-2008, 03:04 PM
everything is chakra

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Is it chakra?
no these were actually shortswords from the Halo-universe...

asuma however decided that they are too big and so they won't fit with his fighting style

but i don't want to spoil it so i won't explain it any further

Archangel
Sun, 04-06-2008, 05:20 PM
no these were actually shortswords from the Halo-universe...

asuma however decided that they are too big and so they won't fit with his fighting style

but i don't want to spoil it so i won't explain it any further

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4582/lolwutzj1.jpg

I get it now y BoC uses this so much :D

Kraco
Sun, 04-06-2008, 05:50 PM
I get it now y BoC uses this so much :D

Just because he has used such a meme image in the Pit, doesn't mean you need to make a no-content post here using it. Joking about a too-obvious-to-take-seriously question is one thing but making a bad joke about the joke is nothing but spam.

Really dude, with 90% warning you should always think twice before pressing the submit button. I always do, and I've never been warned.

theta
Mon, 04-07-2008, 12:40 AM
On the topic of Asuma, and if i remember correctly from the first Naruto series, his full name is Sarutobi Asuma. Though it still hasn't been made clear in the series itself, i'm going to guess he's a descendant of the Third. I'm not saying that makes him important enough to get more screen time over Kakashi; more along the lines of X-kage descendants have been pretty important to the series in the past.

Personally, I'd like to see more of his character. I liked the scene where he saved Shikamaru's ass from that squad of sound ninjas during the chunnin exams.

darkmetal505
Mon, 04-07-2008, 01:43 AM
I don't get what the problem is showing Asuma in the opening. They always focus on a non-main character/team during the the filler arcs. Maybe team Asuma will join Team Kakashi to fight the Shaman group dudes.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Ah, I just realize what it is that always tips me off on filler characters.

Its robes.

Almost every ninja in the Naruto world wears those vests. But the filler characters always seem to be wearing some kind of plain kimono.

Kraco
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:03 AM
Maybe it's a difference between those people's standing. Generally the ninja we see everyday are pretty much employees of their villages, doing whatever they are contracted to do. Thus, they have a practical uniform (the vest). These filler characters probably aren't even ninja in that sense. They could be some group of characters with ninja skills but if they are working for themselves, for their own ends and not serving any master, then they wouldn't technically be ninja. In such a case using another form of a garb like a kimono (if they are from such a stock) could be well justified. Although everybody with any skills in Naruto is called a ninja, but I'm not exactly talking about that.

Archangel
Mon, 04-07-2008, 10:29 AM
... errr are you sure thay did? That kind of sounds like a spoiler to me theta but i'm not quite sure so i'll let the rest of the forum be the judge.

Anyway if that's the case then i get it why they would develop the character a litle more.

Btw darth the easiest way to tell if it's a filler character or not in naruto is by the eyes i think

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Btw darth the easiest way to tell if it's a filler character or not in naruto is by the eyes i think

ehh? not at all.. there is no difference between them.

the first thing that comes into mind when i see filler characters is

1. often very long hair
2. "normal clothing" <--- maybe what people wore @ 1700-1800 in Asia or Japan (plain etc.)
3. weird techniques, weapons and fighting styles

@ kimono stuff:

i think that should indicate that they are from "far away".. like the ones in the movies. it shows that they are "intruders" or something like that

saman
Mon, 04-07-2008, 02:30 PM
i agree with archie on this one. the animators always make the filler characters' eyes and facial features really bland. canon characters usually have big, wide-set eyes, whereas fillers ones have smaller eyes, set closer together. their hair also often looks like it's been cut by one of those manual saws.

by the way, i'm surprised no one pointed this out already, but did anyone notice sai's change in wardrobe this episode? was that in the manga?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-07-2008, 06:56 PM
See, thats the thing about the robes, is that the Naruto world is pseudo-modern. So filler characters often stand out by looking like their dressed for feudal japan.

More filler characters need to be wearing street clothes.

Abdula
Mon, 04-07-2008, 10:42 PM
by the way, i'm surprised no one pointed this out already, but did anyone notice sai's change in wardrobe this episode? was that in the manga?
Yeah, it was in there.

Btw for some reason I'm actually looking forward to the next filler arc, just to see what they are going to throw at us but I think I know whats going to happen.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-08-2008, 01:26 AM
No no. By all means. During the arc where you actually DON'T know whats going to happen, feel free to tell us what you think.

ASSpirine
Tue, 04-08-2008, 03:52 PM
About the team Asuma joining team Kakashi:
Let's hope for clone wars II...

Archangel
Tue, 04-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Btw for some reason I'm actually looking forward to the next filler arc, just to see what they are going to throw at us but I think I know whats going to happen.

Well yeah a manga reader can find fillers interesting i guess.

KrayZ33
Wed, 04-09-2008, 07:19 AM
, if thats the case anime-watchers should find them interesting too. as i said before (i think) people who don't read the manga won't know if its filler or not (well okay i have to admnit sometimes its pretty obvious but at the moment those fillercharacters look like the real deal)..

so you can't tell if its filler or not and if you can't tell, then you have to assume that its part of the story and if you are interested in the story, then fillers should be fine for you..

manga readers however *normally* hate fillers because they want to see fights animated..the only reason for them to watch fillers is to see some "good" fights

Kraco
Wed, 04-09-2008, 08:00 AM
so you can't tell if its filler or not and if you can't tell, then you have to assume that its part of the story and if you are interested in the story, then fillers should be fine for you..

One major problem here is that fillers very often don't even remotely look like to be a part of the story. They have their own story, which has got nothing to do with anything. Of course this is natural as the filler script writing monkeys can't mess with the actual story too much; they don't have the bananas for that. However, viewers will immediately think: "what has this got to do with anything?".

KrayZ33
Wed, 04-09-2008, 09:09 AM
well i remember naruto chasing sasuke etc. and at first i thought this was part of the story until i realized that they don't get any further.. that was the point i realized i m watching fillers (well, the first fillers wern't that bad! they had good animation, too some were even better than most shippudden episodes in animation AND story)

episode 140 for example.

Chiodos
Wed, 04-09-2008, 02:36 PM
140? Was it the Kakashi lip thing episode? Becuse that was a filler, although they did release it as a side special in the manga.

Yukimura
Wed, 04-09-2008, 03:03 PM
The easiest way to tell fillers apart from the main story is that the antagonists are not really affiliated with any of the previously established antagonists in the story at all. Other than the first filler arc, the water monster arc, and the Raiga arc, which tied in with Orochimaru and/or Akatsuki, none of the other arcs had much of a chance of advancing the story of Naruto fight with Akatsuki or his quest to reunite with Sasuke. The rest of the arcs just disregarded the previous state the show and had Naruto running around being the buddy ninja who saving cats and beats up thugs who steal people's milk money.

When you look at the real Naruto there are four (five) arcs. Mist country, Chuunin Exam, (Sand+Sound vs Leaf war), find Tsunade, and retrieve Sasuke. As the story progresses it quickly moves away from, 'Naruto goes to on an adventure and helps people out along the way' to 'Bad shit comes to/happens in Naruto's world and he has to deal with it'. The bad stuff tends to have a recurring theme of being related to either Akatsuki/Jinchuuriki or Orochimaru and each arc builds upon the one before it. After the Sasuke fight we get a stopping point on the Orochimaru plot and the Akatsuki randomly show up and declare they won't be doing anything for a while either. Then we get nearly 100 episodes of 'Naruto goes to on an adventure and helps people out along the way' regressing the story all the way back to the attitude of the beginning of the first arc and letting things stagnate back at that level.

With this coming filler arc I suspect they will once again ignore any links between the new villains and one's we're used to and thus make the struggles of the cast to defeat them ultimately meaningless.

KrayZ33
Wed, 04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
hmmm i remember the fillers a little differently than you... in my opinion about ~70% were like

"we have to go help/kill XXXX he might have a connection to orochimaru" <--- and most filler characters had some special powers given from orochimaru

so i think the filler characters in shippudden have some connection to the story too.. maybe some agents from akatsuki or so... who knows what they were searching in that ruin there.

darkmetal505
Thu, 04-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Filler characters also come from the weirdest villages that you've never heard of like the Hidden Star village, Fang and Claw countries, etc.

I'm betting these characters come from the Purple Flying Dragon village.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I forgot about Mizuchi's arc which did tie in with Oro. That makes four arcs in total that tied in with pre-established characters or plot lines in some way.

Oro's villiage: 6 eps (Season 5)
Mizuchi (Tony the Tiger's Frosted) Flakes: 6 eps (Season 5)
Raiga Arc: 6 eps (Season 5-6)
Anko/Water Monster Arc: 5 eps (Anko pwns) (Season 6)

That's 23 out of 84 episodes and all near the beginning of the filler time. The remaining arcs were just random people with random problems needing Naruto and friends to do random things to save them.

Uberbaka
Thu, 04-10-2008, 11:55 AM
The problem with the fillers was that they never ever lead to anything.. They always returned to where they started all the way until they ended when the story could actually progress.

I have to admit I quite enjoyed parts of the Anko arc because it actually brought something new storywise to the table (and we really don't see Anko enough), but otherwise it was pretty much rubbish.

KrayZ33
Thu, 04-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I forgot about Mizuchi's arc which did tie in with Oro. That makes four arcs in total that tied in with pre-established characters or plot lines in some way.

Oro's villiage: 6 eps (Season 5)
Mizuchi Flakes: 6 eps (Season 5)
Raiga Arc: 6 eps (Season 5-6)
Anko/Water Monster Arc: 5 eps (Anko pwns) (Season 6)

That's 23 out of 84 episodes and all near the beginning of the filler time. The remaining arcs were just random people with random problems needing Naruto and friends to do random things to save them.

who was mizuchi? was it the one who transformed into a tiger because oro gave him this elixir?
(the guy in the first 2 episodes of naruto)

Jessper
Thu, 04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
ya, the one that tricked Naruto into stealing the scroll to pass the exam.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-11-2008, 01:00 AM
ya, the one that tricked Naruto into stealing the scroll to pass the exam.

But if he didn't...........would he have passed?

Archangel
Fri, 04-11-2008, 09:44 AM
He wouldn't have passed and sasuke would be the main character now...

FUCK that guy!

Chiodos
Sat, 04-12-2008, 02:58 AM
I don't really know? Sasuke or Naruto as the Main Character?

Archangel
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Lol u should make a poll on the pit on that

But it isnt at all impossible a spin-off of that sort coming up in the future since the creator of naruto seems to be such a money whore

KrayZ33
Tue, 04-15-2008, 11:05 AM
not that discussion again ~~

Sam98034
Tue, 04-15-2008, 04:02 PM
yeah...a spinoff with Sasuke as the main character would definately be a more bad ass ninja show. But who knows, maybe Sasuke wouldn't be liked so much if it wasn't for the "mysterious" aspect he has as a side character. I mean Kakashi seems cool, but if they did a spin off with him as the main character, there would be episodes of him and Gai playing intense roshambo, and some of him trying to find a new book or something like that.

Abdula
Tue, 04-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Well Sasuke's "mysterious" aspect doesn't come from him being a side character, he could have just as easily been the main character and that wouldn't have changed. As for Kakashi, I so hope this isn't considered a spoiler, but before the timeskip during that period where the anime was in fillers, there was the Kakashi Gaiden in the manga and that was great.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-16-2008, 02:56 AM
Mentioning "it" by name is considered a spoiler I guess since the mods usually remove it.

It pisses me off that it got skipped because, I SHOULD know whats in it by now. It was in the manga, but the anime has skipped it. So even by the standards of manga readers that are only talking about where the anime is now, they know more than I do.

And its important stuff to know too!

Archangel
Wed, 04-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Look at it this way ender, you got to enjoy all those amazing fillers...

I don't know, maybe the creator of naruto decided it would be best to keep you-know-who shrouded in mystery for the time being.

Remember, that dude is a money whore , only way to explain fillers while still having like 100 chapters to go b4 reaching the manga.

Abdula
Wed, 04-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Um, stop saying Kishi is a money whore okay. You don't even know what you're talking about, he is a mangaka, if the anime goes into unnecessarily fillers or skips over stuff it has nothing to do with him.

Archangel
Wed, 04-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Fine, then the anime directors are the whores

Anyway i would advise you, darthender, to read that part of the manga since we have no idea when it will be released in the anime and i can tell you that it's quite interesting.

saman
Wed, 04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
i'm surprised a mod hasn't come by to yell at you guys yet, since you're treading on dangerous waters.

also, to yuki and the guys on the previous page, it's mizuki, not mizuchi lol. not that mizuchi's isn't cool, having connections to fat people and all.

Assertn
Wed, 04-16-2008, 10:21 PM
i'm surprised a mod hasn't come by to yell at you guys yet, since you're treading on dangerous waters.

also, to yuki and the guys on the previous page, it's mizuki, not mizuchi lol. not that mizuchi's isn't cool, having connections to fat people and all.
Like the baka brothers?

saman
Wed, 04-16-2008, 10:42 PM
haha of course. mizuchi is well known for his association with the baka brothers, which he uses to defend all people of the overweight and obese variety. he also dresses up as tony the tiger often

theta
Sat, 04-19-2008, 08:55 PM
... errr are you sure thay did? That kind of sounds like a spoiler to me theta but i'm not quite sure so i'll let the rest of the forum be the judge.

Anyway if that's the case then i get it why they would develop the character a litle more.
I double checked this a few days ago. It's in the second episode of the chunnin exam arc; The Strong Enemies Have Arrived or something like that. Kakashi, Kurenai and Asuma give their full names after recommending their rookie genin for the exam. But, since i notice everybody mentioning these episodes as being fillers, i'm not too certain any of this matters.

On the topic of fillers, i believe i got to the Anko/Water Boss episode before realizing i was watching fillers. I think The Curry of Life thoroughly sealed it for me, though. As an anime watcher, i was pretty dense back then not to realize sooner.

Archangel
Sun, 04-20-2008, 01:43 PM
I stand corrected in that case. Interesting... if he's blood related top the hokage line then he must have some crazy moves up his sleeve.