PDA

View Full Version : The Tower of Druaga -the Aegis of URUK-

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Well...to be honest, I had no idea about this ahead of time, and it certainly is a first.

Gonzo, the creators of The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of Uruk~, promised that they would upload the first episode of this series to both crunchyroll and YouTube...SUBBED.

As it turns out, they actually did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vgQ6WJ8zhQ&fmt=18
http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-317861/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-The-Great-Tower-of-Druaga.html?hires=1

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/8967/6372fv4.jpg

The Summer of "Anu": In a summer once every five years, demons in the mysterious Tower of Druaga lose their powers due to the magic spell cast by a god named "Anu". King Gilgamesh, ruler of the kingdom Uruk, uses the appearance of demons as an excuse to invade the tower and find out the construct's secrets. As 80 years passed, the Uruk army managed to fight back the demons and built a fortress city and safe haven on the very first floor of Druaga - Metz Kier. Thus begins the story of a warrior named Gil who, finding companions along the way, embarks on a quest for the fabled Blue Crystal Rod, a powerful artifact rumored to be in the highest floor of Druaga. However, other competitors, including the kingdom of Uruk itself, want the treasure, all for their own reasons.
[source: ANN]

---------------------------

This is the fantasy series of the season. It was coming out with an MMO of the same premise, so we may see a bit of Ragnarok in this series, but I'm hoping it will turn out a little more like Scrapped Princess.

This episode was more of a comedy/parody like the first episode of Haruhi was, but it was pretty funny, and Gonzo's subs were not bad at all.

EDIT:

Impressive cast to boot:
Yui Horie
Akira Ishida (Slayers, Mai Hime, Gundam SEED)
Fumiko Orikasa (Code Geass, Scrapped Princess, Hellsing)
Minori Chihara (Minami-ke, Haruhi, Tenjou Tenge)
Yukana

and more.

Yukimura
Fri, 04-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Now the big question is, will any real groups thumb their nose at Gonzo's efforts and sub it with better typesetting, visual quality, and Karaoke.

As to the ep I only got through the first few minutes before the youtube full screen quality became too much to bear but it seemed interesting enough to watch. It was hard to figure out if I was supposed to take it seriously or not though since it felt more like I was watching someone play an RPG than I was watching an anime. I never caught catch Lodoss War or any of the other RPGish anime series so it's a bit weird.

KrayZ33
Fri, 04-04-2008, 05:18 PM
OMG this stuff is FUNNY!

i just watched the tentacle scene, oh man! this is good... really good!

the expressions on their faces "WAIT NOT YET" *awwwww help me kiyaaa* "look closely"! *aaaWWWW* "ITS JUST GETTING GOOD!" *AAAAAAWWWW*

^^ oh man, *cough*

ok... i can breath again.
i don't even want to mention "the crimson knight: black knight" or was it dark knight ^^

is this series meant to be comedy btw? i thought its something more serious actually, but this is good too ^^
its like i m playing an RPG at the moment...
man i can't help it but this series is a bit like "they are my noble masters"

"we are the 3(!) knights of XXXXX" - " the blue knight" - "the silver knight - "the hyperknight - "the red knight"
*bling the three knights of XXXXX bling*

one cliché after another
parodies everywhere you look

well since i don't want to quote the anime i guess i'll wait for some more comments until i post again ^^
well however i don't think it will go on like this, its more something like Ragnarok:The animation?

edit: oops sry didn't read the first post till the end

well i'll keep watching this for sure. ok now i've got my first anime this spring..
i hope more will follow, because i pretty much knew alrdy that i m going to like this stuff.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-04-2008, 06:19 PM
I did like how they touched on nearly every fantasy story cliche in the book. But this episode was so out there. I'd like this series this way just fine, but I really have no idea what to make of this.

- The OP makes me think this will be like .hack

- A large part of it comes off totally nonsensical, and makes me want another Those Who Hunt Elves.

- The description makes it sound like this will be a relatively serious series, like the serious parts of Slayers. Or a slightly less serious Lodoss War.

I can't say I even thought about this series at all before now. Still, fantasy series are always fun. There's also Gonzo's little experiment. If Gonzo continues with this subbed streamed episodes, I'd love to support them in this effort. I hate watching anime on YouTube, have zero fondness for those who upload another group's work to YouTube so lazy viewers can avoid the sub channels and bittorrents, but the tiny screen doesn't really bother me.

By no means will I watch fansubs off YouTube. But here, Gonzo itself is releasing legitimate subtitles of their work.

The Region 1 anime industry is in trouble. It is a failing business model just like the Recording Industry. If this can lead to a new equilibrium between the Japanese Industry, fansubs, and the Region 1 Industry, I have to support them in this effort.

animus
Fri, 04-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Lol, Tengen Toppa parody.

NeoBear
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:37 AM
SONI........................IIIC!!!!!

LOL

Board of Command
Sat, 04-05-2008, 01:21 AM
That was an amazing first episode.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 04-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Dang, when I saw the name of this show, I was thinking "WOW! A Show about the Tower of Druaga" in the game "Tales of Destiny" Circa 1997. Sadly, that is not the case. :(

Lol I just checked it out, Hilarious!!! :)

Loved the Tengen Toppa parody. :)

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:29 AM
I really liked the appearance of Black Knight: The Crimson Knight. Now where have I seen something that looks like that before....hmmm...

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6573/msgms132ec7.jpg

My favorite part was the "If you want to be leader, you'll have to fight me first" / "I don't want to fight, but you'll have to fight me first!" / "Well which one is it?!"

That...or the tentacle rape scene. Points out the exact reason why heroes completely capable of freeing their voluptuous female companion wait so long...every time.

David75
Sat, 04-05-2008, 07:56 AM
The Region 1 anime industry is in trouble. It is a failing business model just like the Recording Industry. If this can lead to a new equilibrium between the Japanese Industry, fansubs, and the Region 1 Industry, I have to support them in this effort.

I read an article about how the anime industry in Japan is not balanced at all and how they charge R2 as if they would steal money to R2 in order to balance for R1 losses...
Plus they come up with utterly silly rules for R2, shows delayed for years, and so on...

It seems that this show was an attempt to try something else, try a new business model. Let's hope it's engouh.

Board of Command
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I really liked the appearance of Black Knight: The Crimson Knight. Now where have I seen something that looks like that before....hmmm...

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6573/msgms132ec7.jpg

My favorite part was the "If you want to be leader, you'll have to fight me first" / "I don't want to fight, but you'll have to fight me first!" / "Well which one is it?!"

That...or the tentacle rape scene. Points out the exact reason why heroes completely capable of freeing their voluptuous female companion wait so long...every time.
Highlight of the episode for me was when they were rushing up the stairs and those glob monsters were chasing them. Jil says something that makes no sense and knocks Neeba out, leaving him to feed the monsters.

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Highlight of the episode for me was when they were rushing up the stairs and those glob monsters were chasing them. Jil says something that makes no sense and knocks Neeba out, leaving him to feed the monsters.

*neeba has been left behind* (god i love that ^^)

yap that was truely funny..

because it was really nonsense!
"keep moving, i'll remain here"

and jil said "no, this is my fight from now on!" knocks him out and keeps moving... because of that neeba had to die for sure because he couldn't even defend himself ^^

and yes the black knight also remindet me of a zaku when i first saw him.
what i enjoyed also was the "and you know what? i m going to get married after this" and everyone who said that died instantly ^^

Assassin
Sat, 04-05-2008, 04:19 PM
rofl a pretty good parody ep. Loved the tentacle scene haha.

I hope the actual series is more serious though...i want a good fantasy series to follow and the premise seems really good.

When's it coming out?

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-05-2008, 05:31 PM
correct me if i m wrong but i think every week from now on

(well 04/2008 is a sure thing) so i think it started now.. or will in the next two weeks.

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 04-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Wow a Mazin-Tengen-Kaizer-Getter-Evangelion-Shine-Attack!!! Holy crap!

Seriously though I laughed my ass off through that entire ep. Especially that Roper part. Best part for me.

Yukimura
Sun, 04-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Druaga no To​ - The Aegis of Uruk - 01​ (1280x720 H.264) - [Nova-Furukawa] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=5565)

Sorry Gonzo, but 720p > Youtube

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Didn't Gonzo say that they didn't want people subbing their animes? I could've sworn they were warning fansubbers last year threatining them with legal action and such. Guess not. Also funny enough i found this article. For those who are interested. Personally I think this is dumb..

From Animenation:
Gonzo has formally announced plans to institute a trial “open-pricing model” through the Crunchyroll website for the distribution of its Tower of Druaga -The Aegis of URUK- and BLASSREITER anime television series. Tower of Druaga and BLASSREITER will be released internationally online via YouTube, Bost TV, and Crunchyroll on the same day episodes are broadcast on Japanese television. Crunchyroll will offer downloadable high video quality episodes, and downloaders will be urged to pay whatever amount they consider fair in exchange for the downloads. “By allowing the users to determine the value of the product and make their voices be heard, GDH derives valuable feedback directly from consumers.”

“Crunchyroll aims to offer to its community a legal alternative to illegal file-sharing and downloading,” despite the fact that the site continues to support illegal file-sharing.

The Tower of Druaga will premier on April 4th. BLASSREITER is scheduled to premier on April 5th.

Yukimura
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Maybe they'll send a C&D to the non-existent webpage of Furukawa. It's pretty hard to stop irc and torrent dump distribution.

narutosharingan
Mon, 04-07-2008, 12:20 AM
How good are the Furukawa subs?

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-07-2008, 12:25 PM
i had only the smallest interest in this show

and then I saw what Gonzo is doing with releasing subs soon after the Japanese airing.

that kind of progressive marketing tactic has earned this series my support. can't say i'll stay away from better quality resolution though... unless Gonzo's translations are that much more reliable.

Yukimura
Mon, 04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
According to the Furukawa their subs are an "enhanced" version of Gonzo's subs. I'm not really sure what that is supposed to mean but I'll watch the ep again and see what they mean. I did notice that they didn't translate things like written text on signs and stuff in the few minuted I did see, and that was kind of lame.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-07-2008, 05:38 PM
"enhanced" :
v. (used with an object)
1. raised to a higher degree; intensify; magnify:
2. raised the value or price of:
3. stole Gonzo's (via BossTV) translation and then made minor edits to make them slightly less plagiarized without translating the signs Gonzo actually did because you lack the technical expertize to do anything other than plain subtitles at the bottom of the screen (possibly with a non-default font) using VobSub.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Bumped for episode 2:

Same official distribution method:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kksLqVjn_u8

This episode cuts out a lot of the humor present in the previous episode, as we have shifted "from the dream."

I'm still after a good fantasy series (of the swords and magic vein) so this is as good as any.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:04 PM
I shall check this out.

My boss for Anime Club wants me to download Lodoss War. *cries at 3 seeds* Interesting, I thought about Tengen when I looked at the picture. I hope it doesn't turn out like Ragnarok, that was a -terrible- series. (Or maybe I am just pissed off because the assassin died, and they power moded the characters) The premise of .hack is awesome, though I thought it got boring after awhile.

*downloads*

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Aside from the overtones of MMORPGs that permeate this series (to coincide with the release of an MMO of the same title) this series most reminds me of Scrapped Princess.

Which is a very good thing.

There's not nearly the same amount of humor anymore, but Scrapped Princess was also a very serious fantasy series. Both have humorous moments, and I've really had a craving for another series that at the least reminded me of it.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Sweet! I thought Scrapped Princess was a masterpiece. I'm still downloading but yaay.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:27 PM
I'll admit, a good portion of that is from Fumiko Orikasa playing the female lead in both.

But the art style is going for similarities in character design and some of the backgrounds as well. I was originally going to stick with this just in the hope that Gonzo and other production houses might consider doing this kind of distribution again, but having this kind of series is a nice bonus.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Damn, so no decent group is picking this up? Gonzo's 350MB subs are going to take it's toll soon. Unless it's HD, then I'll gladly accept.

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow this series is pretty good... its like playing MMOs ^^ really good stuff

but i don't like the youtube quality at all... its such a waste because i think the animation is pretty good actually, is it avaible somewhere?

Sweet! I thought Scrapped Princess was a masterpiece. I'm still downloading but yaay.

huh where?

edit: filesize doesn't matter for me btw.

this series is btw something i was looking for, for soooo long...
when i saw the knight-patrol my heart and eyes grew wider, FINALLY FULL ARMORED KNIGHTS! this is so rare... and even though the main characters don't wear helmets, their cloaks are beautiful, i was looking for stuff like that.

DDBen
Sat, 04-12-2008, 06:32 PM
I haven't been all that impressed with this series up to this point aka episode 2. The first episode I didn't find quite as funny as some of you did and it seems like a miserable introduction to what we see in episode 2. Overall I'm confused at this point but interested enough to give it another couple episodes before dropping it as it has enough potential to change my mind.

Plus anyone know if the opening has anything at all to do with the series or are they just being cute?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-12-2008, 07:11 PM
is pretty good actually, is it avaible somewhere?

huh where?

edit: filesize doesn't matter for me btw.

Crunchyroll has LQ Stream, HQ Stream, and file download. The last option is the 300MB one.

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Plus anyone know if the opening has anything at all to do with the series or are they just being cute?

nah its something like the last episode of neon genesis evangelion (alternate life etc)

nothing to do with the series except one thing, you can see 2 couples alrdy ^^ -> blonde + that "neeba" and -> guardian + priest.

Munsu
Sat, 04-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Just watched the first two episodes, although I enjoyed the first episode quite a bit, I'm really glad that it was only a dream and that episode two went into serious mode. This series is exactly what I've been looking for... some cool action scenes, and a somewhat interesting fantasy setting.

Assassin
Sun, 04-13-2008, 02:51 PM
what was the deal with kayla (was that her name?) and that scene with the guy sitting there in the alley. I thought he had some power that made him super strong, but it turns out his head was bleeding.....and after like, a good few hours too since the girl said she'd been watching him all day. so he didn't bleed or notice he was bleeding for 4 hours, rite up until she shows up?

that just confused me.

Munsu
Sun, 04-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I agree with you... did she do something that actually made him manifest the injury and start bleeding? What was keeping him from starting to bleed? Maybe simply some sort of plot device or something entirely pivotal to the story was happening. No doubt that he and she are quite unique in and special.

Also, him feinting and what not might be for just seeing his own blood. You know, like sometimes you don't think you're injured or hurting until you see that you're bleeding... kinda like that.

Other than that, I don't think it's worth mulling over to much... I'm convinced at the moment that it was simply a device to make the story seem interesting, nothing more nothing less.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Kaya had been following Jil all day, but the scene in the alley was right after he fought with all those "would-be" heroes that only concerned themselves with making money off the tower, not actually conquering it. He called them out, they tried to kick his ass, and ended it by smashing a large rock over his head. He appeared unphased, and they left. Jil wandered off down an alley and sat down, where he found out how deeply hurt from that fight he really was. Kaya then took him to her home and healed him up.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-13-2008, 03:08 PM
probably a guardian skill... like in MMOs

"reduce dmg taken by blah blah blah" or "berserker: skills against you have no affects for a short time period"

python862
Sun, 04-13-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm surprised that no one has brought up the fact that this is probably based off of the '80s arcade game of the same name. I'll have to take a look of this series tomorrow, when I have actual computer access.

Munsu
Sun, 04-13-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm surprised that no one has brought up the fact that this is probably based off of the '80s arcade game of the same name. I'll have to take a look of this series tomorrow, when I have actual computer access.
This is a great catch... yes, this does seem related to that arcade game, though in that arcade game you're Gilgamesh. But it doesn't just ends with the arcade game, it has had some sequels from what I see...some as recent as a 2004 PS2 game, 2006 arcade game, and a 2007 PC game.

Reading around, this anime can be considered a sequel to either all the sequels or to the original arcade game, some 60 years later or so.

python862
Mon, 04-14-2008, 06:09 PM
GAWD does this take forever to load on the library network! I might have to wait till I get windows on my computer to get to watch this thing!

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
[O-L]_Druaga_no_To_-_the_Aegis_of_Uruk_-_02_[H264][1280x720][C254B963].mkv.torrent (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=5693)

We are not a fansub group. These are GONZO's subs which were taken from their online release of the show.

Otaku-Legends.net

Munsu
Mon, 04-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Wierd, I had thought that someone had posted that download already... if not I would've done so myself, thanks for putting it up.

Edit: By the way, should we be expecting subs for every episode by Gonzo? Or is this just some promo shit they're putting up for the first couple of episodes?

masamuneehs
Wed, 04-16-2008, 12:18 PM
the first anime i've gotten around to seeing in awhile. it made me chuckle in a few spots, particularly where it made fun of other anime cliches. I didn't know how i'd like it, since it seems just as silly as Gurren Lagann. the fact that it's like a .hack parody is good, because I don't really dig the typical anime humor most of the time...

I loved when Utu suddenly announced he was going to get married, and the guy was like "Why say that now?" and then he died. That got a good lol out of me, even a chuckle when it was rehashed. Forgetting his name too.

I liked the first episode. I'll watch this when I want something light and not so moody.

Munsu
Wed, 04-16-2008, 12:19 PM
the first anime i've gotten around to seeing in awhile. it made me chuckle in a few spots, particularly where it made fun of other anime cliches. I didn't know how i'd like it, since it seems just as silly as Gurren Lagann. the fact that it's like a .hack parody is good, because I don't really dig the typical anime humor most of the time...

I loved when Utu suddenly announced he was going to get married, and the guy was like "Why say that now?" and then he died. That got a good lol out of me, even a chuckle when it was rehashed. Forgetting his name too.

I liked the first episode. I'll watch this when I want something light and not so moody.
I take it you've only watched the first episode... second episode is completely different from the first.

You could say that the second episode is the real start of the series, kinda like Haruhi.

python862
Wed, 04-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Ahhh... finally I've gotten to watch episode one. I liked it! Of course, from what you all are saying, this is just a mock beginning. So, I'm off to watch episode two.

Edit: Watched second. Very interesting series. If Gonzo continues to upload to Youtube, then I'll be set! A nice surprising end to the episode... definitely didn't see that coming.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-16-2008, 08:05 PM
So the main character is going to form his own party...Like most anime. I hope we get to see quite a bit of Neeba's though, since their's looks like they're the pro. The two girls are interesting enough.

Assassin
Wed, 04-16-2008, 08:40 PM
i wish they hadn't gone for the cliche 'form your own party' route...i'd rather see him join neeba's party and struggle as he gets better.

as it stands, i predict jil's party will venture up the tower facing many roadblocks and will occasionally get thier asses saved by neeba when they encounter a monster they can't defeat....undoubtedly neeba's party will come out of nowhere at the last minute, as always.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Which is often silly, since if they're that good you'd wonder why they're behind.... the fangirl blonde and Neeba reminds me so much of Sakura x Sasuke, except Neeba seems like a decent guy.

As for the plot, they went up to save some villiage or something, is that correct? But when they got there, it was grazed. So there are inhabitants in the tower itself, with the rest of Uruk is on the ground. Inhabitants large and organised enough to form an patrol feared by the monsters. Just makes me think why the guys on the ground are fussing more than the ones in the tower itself.

Kraco
Thu, 04-17-2008, 02:01 AM
They went to save a caravan, didn't they? I get the impression the town they are now in is the only friendly place in the tower, and it's probably at the bottom. So, when you leave the town and start to climb, you'll just encounter monsters. And likely the higher you climb, the tougher the monsters. The patrol is probably just keeping the perimeter of the town itself clear but obviously even the road to the town from the outside of the tower can be perilous, or maybe the caravan was transferring some sort of a resource to the town from elsewhere in the tower.

python862
Thu, 04-17-2008, 05:36 PM
The arcade game I mentioned actually had no town at the bottom of the tower, but indeed it did have harder creatures as the hero (Gilgamesh at that time) climbed and climbed. I remember playing that game. I hardly ever got above the fifth level of the tower. Also (and this isn't from a reliable source), but I think that The Tower of Druaga the game was the first to boast 100 completely randomly generated levels. Oh well... that's starting to get me off topic.

Edit: I'm really interested in finding out exactly what the Oracles are capable of doing, besides shielding and healing. From what the second ep. shows, it seems as though they're kind of like WoW priests...

Munsu
Fri, 04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
So, the town they went into in the second episode is certainly inside the Tower? When I first saw it, I thought they simply went to a nearby town leaving through the lowest floor or some shit. Might need to watch it again, can someone confirm?

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-18-2008, 03:46 PM
If you look at the outside of the Tower at the final frames of the first episode, you can see intertwining and sweeping...bark? Growth? Superstructure, whatever, at the base of the Tower. It kinda looks like a tree.

When they approach the city in the second episode, and the camera pans out to cover the whole city, you see the same exact formations from the inside, with the appropriate amount of light streaming through the spaces between the intertwining growth (for lack of a better term).

Munsu
Fri, 04-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Here's the online feed of the 3rd episode... I think I'm going to wait till someone releases some encode of it myself:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-328854/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-Before-Departure.html?hires=1
http://jp.youtube.com/user/TTODruagaAE
http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/the-tower-of-druaga/episodes/druaga03/ = Be careful with the description, it contains spoilers.

Here's a raw while we are at it:
http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=5908

Edit:

Here's the release by O-L:
http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=5964

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-18-2008, 05:05 PM
I see Coopa is as ridiculously strong as Jil hauling around the drunkard wizard's huge, and obviously very heavy staff case.

We've also got an reincarnated? heroine, and Jil finally has a real sword.

I love generic adventure shows.

KrayZ33
Fri, 04-18-2008, 07:28 PM
this is getting more and more interesting...
i hope Jil will get a bit stronger with that sword. i don't want another "naruto" ^^

Assassin
Fri, 04-18-2008, 08:31 PM
i really wish we'd get more monster battles....this show is getting me into RPG mode, and just in time for summer.

Kinda lame though, Jil getting gilgamesh's sword this early on...i'd have preferred it if he either found it at some upper floor in the tower, or it was given as a gift for/reward for finding some artifact about midway through the series.

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-19-2008, 11:56 AM
well the monster battles start now i guess..
and btw, how many episodes does this anime have? 13? 26?

btw we don't know if Jil is able to use the sword right now, it seemed very heavy so i guess he doesn't have enough strength right now to wield it :P
i want to see Jil in gilgamesh's golden armor :( and that big shield on his back was awesome too.... he looked like Jil when he was young, maybe Jil is "JILGAMESH" ^^

Munsu
Sun, 04-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Well, couldn't wait for some group to release this so I went and decided to watch the online version. Speaking of online version, is there any difference in quality among the three version? I only watched the youtube one because it was the only one where the full screen worked... am I the only one with this problem? It was quite shitty quality. With that said, wasn't there a group of people in GW that wanted to do some anime releases a while back? What about picking up this series, all you need is a timer, typesetter, and encoder. You already have translations available.

Anyways, about episode 3:

I thought it wasn't as good as episode 2, and quite random... it didn't have a good progression to the events; though I assume it was simply to finally leave town with a full party at the expense of good storytelling. Let's see if episode 4 is better, I'm hoping for some good action now that they're in the tower. I know that the shitty quality of the online video didn't help any.

Assassin
Sun, 04-20-2008, 01:06 AM
well i dunno about this ep in particular, but with some of the other shows, there's definitely a difference....not so much from low to high quality, but the Hi-def whatever option is fairly decent. That patchiness and pixelation isn't there at least, so the episodes are watchable. Unless you're like DS and want everything in a 700 mb super hi-def format, the crunchyroll versions will suffice.

As for the fullscreen issue, it works fine for me. just right click and fullscreen.

Munsu
Sun, 04-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Lol, I know how to work the fullscreen... it simply not coming up. Well the youtube version was quite bad, maybe the crunchyroll version is better... but it's not working fullscreen for me so I can't enjoy it.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-20-2008, 08:57 AM
In my opinion the youtube version is the best..

Fullscreen doesn't work for me @ crunchy.. and I don't see any difference between low-quality and high quality there.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-20-2008, 09:05 AM
In my opinion the youtube version is the best..

Fullscreen doesn't work for me @ crunchy.. and I don't see any difference between low-quality and high quality there.

I haven't tried LQ on crunchyroll, but the HQ stream still screwed up pixels here and there for me. Since the first ep, I've been waiting for a release instead. O-L are ready a while ago (a day?), but they've been sorting out some stuff regarding distribution, so are delayed a bit. We can probably expect a shorter waiting time next week.

DDBen
Sun, 04-20-2008, 09:15 AM
What browser is everyone with the crunchyroll fullscreen using? It seems to work fine for me in Firefox at least so if anyone is using IE you might want to download firefox and give it another try.

I'm personally just not a fan of Crunchyroll when I go to watch something and then full screen it I don't want to have a condom add showing up on screen and would be surprized if Gonzo was ok with that happening as well.

Anyway the episode was awkwardly paced but now they have a party and its time to move out. I hope they can manage to move away from the so far pretty generic setup they have managed to use. The shows watchable its just nothing special so far.

I also find it interesting at the drastic drop in views at youtube from episode 1 to episode 3.

Episode 1: Views: 85,954
Episode 2: Views: 35,900
Episode 3: Views: 9,132

Given the views of episode 2 have about tripled from last week but it still seem like a pretty steep drop off to me.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Well the youtube version is clearly superior.. and i just realised that I m watching it fullscreen..the problem is, that "fullscreen" isn't "fullscreen" -.-;

crunchy:
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7493/neubitmapiw3.th.jpg (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=neubitmapiw3.jpg)

youtube:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9076/neubitmap2wz2.th.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=neubitmap2wz2.jpg)

I think everyone agrees with me in that point.
I know that it isn't the EXACT same second but the picture quality does not change even before or after that.

Btw the only difference between high-quality and low-quality is the sound... nothing else.

Munsu
Sun, 04-20-2008, 09:45 AM
What browser is everyone with the crunchyroll fullscreen using? It seems to work fine for me in Firefox at least so if anyone is using IE you might want to download firefox and give it another try.

I'm personally just not a fan of Crunchyroll when I go to watch something and then full screen it I don't want to have a condom add showing up on screen and would be surprized if Gonzo was ok with that happening as well.

Anyway the episode was awkwardly paced but now they have a party and its time to move out. I hope they can manage to move away from the so far pretty generic setup they have managed to use. The shows watchable its just nothing special so far.

I also find it interesting at the drastic drop in views at youtube from episode 1 to episode 3.

Episode 1: Views: 85,954
Episode 2: Views: 35,900
Episode 3: Views: 9,132

Given the views of episode 2 have about tripled from last week but it still seem like a pretty steep drop off to me.
Although there sure is a drastic drop in viewership, you have to consider also that previous episodes have had one aditional week of exposure. You also have to factor in that as weeks have gone by other means to view the episodes have surfaced... other sites and random releases by fansub groups. But that's how tv shows go, it's quite rare to see a series increase viewership after the pilot. Pilots are often very popular as many people that wouldn't have been interested anyways check it out for simple curiousity.

Also, are those unique viewers? Or if you watch the episode multiple times it gets added? Do you have to watch it completely to get viewership increased? If I just hit play, does it already count as a view? Many factors probably go into it, and just like that a 1 week span from episode to episode should make a great difference in the amount of viewership.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-20-2008, 10:32 AM
The IPs are saved. If you get a new IP then it will add 1 to the count.

Everon
Sun, 04-20-2008, 12:49 PM
We can continue to watch the number of views for the show to determine if that really is a drop of in numbers. It also could be that people are finding alternatives.

I've decided to keep watching this. I heartily approve of GONZO's experiment with youtube and subbing . It'd be nice to see other animes take advantage of tech.

Munsu
Sun, 04-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Here's an encode:
http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=5964

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Wow. First time I saw a date/number mistranslation. 80 years ago became 50 years ago. Did this happen to the crunchyroll streams, or was it just O-L's mistake? As for the episode, it was alright. The party is an even mix, two fighters and two mages. I wish they'd explain what's going on between Gilgamesh and the Oracle. Last episode, he said "This is the 4th time I've come save her now", we know it's referring to her rather than the town. Whether she didn't age,or she's reincarnated I'm not sure, but that'd mean she's been dying at her teens like four times then.

Dont provide any information that hasn't been given in the anime.
-Assassin

boilerph
Wed, 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Last episode, he said "This is the 4th time I've come save her now", we know it's referring to her rather than the town. Whether she didn't age,or she's reincarnated I'm not sure, but that'd mean she's been dying at her teens like four times then.

He said "counting the time I came to save her this is the fifth time." Meaning he saved her once and has visited the city four times since then.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Very well. I stand corrected.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Tower of Druaga - The Aegis of Uruk - 02 - [Furukawa & Nova-Subs] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=6085)

Comparing with O-L later.

Munsu
Thu, 04-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Tower of Druaga - The Aegis of Uruk - 02 - [Furukawa & Nova-Subs] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=6085)

Comparing with O-L later.
Please do, though they're probably similar... I'm curious on their enhanced edits and their typesetting.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Online streams:

Youtube: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=VPiLnElHoVQ&feature=PlayList&p=18B82193F78BDEE4&index=0
Gonzo x Bost: http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/the-tower-of-druaga/episodes/druaga04/
Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-334349/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-Band-of-the-Hand-Episode-4.html

Releases:
Nova-Furukawa for episode 4: http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=6501 link provided by Munsu

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Oh man why didn't they show the fight?

It was so awesome up to that point.

Btw, as i thought Jil isn't able to swing Gils sword yet. Or did I miss something?

boilerph
Sat, 04-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Btw, as i thought Jil isn't able to swing Gils sword yet. Or did I miss something?

It doesn't look like the sword is going to be an issue until much later when Jil can block the incoming rushes with just one hand. Not a lot of opportunity to use a sword when you are braced back and pushing on your shield with both hands in order to stop the enemy's advance.

animus
Sat, 04-26-2008, 12:33 PM
I thought Ahmey seemed completely out of character for some reason.

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-26-2008, 12:42 PM
well she was very talkactive, but thats the only thing which changed.

btw the best part this episode: "she's pretty cute, why don't you sleep with her?"

damn right she is... why don't you sleep with her Neeba!!

Assassin
Sun, 04-27-2008, 01:55 PM
i wonder who that blue girl was? she was clearly a follower of druaga, so maybe a high level witch/priestess. whats her connection with neeba though?

she also implied that neeba would let his party members die in order to reach the top floor...should be interesting to see what his true plans are

Darknodin
Sun, 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Just watched this episode... it seems to be following (loosely) the plot of episode 1. which means we'll get the Black Knight!!!!

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Rather than letting them die, it is more like implying that he does not care if they live or die in the end.

Munsu
Tue, 04-29-2008, 10:11 PM
As for the fullscreen issue, it works fine for me. just right click and fullscreen.

It apparently doesn't work on IE, I had to use firefox and get the latest flash player. With that said, I think the youtube version looked better so I'll be watching that if no encode release comes out in a timely manner.

Anyways, nice episode in that we learned a lot of the Tower. I also liked how there are different parties instead of Jil staying with Neeba as some of you wanted. This way we experience the Tower from different perspectives and I think the show is doing a good job of that. As for the sword thing, I think he simply doesn't know how to swing it still because it's so heavy... there's probably some trick to it. He isn't even carrying it with him from what I see. I bet he has it on that big box that Coopa carries.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Online streams:

Youtube: http://jp.youtube.com/user/TTODruagaAEedited using Munsu's link below
Gonzo x Bost: http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/the-tower-of-druaga/episodes/druaga05/
Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-339842/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-Ziusudras-Trap-Episode-5.html

Releases:
Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 05 by Hikimori no Kami (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=17967)
Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 05 Furukawa & Nova-Subs 1280x720 (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=6926)

Tsukasa
Fri, 05-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the links sir

Assassin
Fri, 05-02-2008, 07:43 PM
well the crunchyroll quality is horrible....they dont have the hi-def version up yet....how's gonzo x bost?

Edit: and ofcourse, gonz x bost has a '404 - file not found' error. perfect

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Crunchyroll quality is actually watchable when you get to the body. I just wonder why they have the OP and ED at some shitty bitrate. (well, I do, but still.) The episode itself was quite funny. "I just saw the same performance, so NO!!"

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Okay, caught up on episode 4
Ahmey seemed different because she took on a more active role this time, rather than letting the other guys lead, then pop in and help when needed, like she usually does. Having some experience at climbing the tower explains this. The fight itself was pretty good. Too bad we didn't see many blows. The mage's golf-style attacks are atleast different from the regular one-wand-does-all approach. Makes him more of a technician, which suits him, glasses and all.

Munsu
Fri, 05-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Here's the youtube version:
http://jp.youtube.com/user/TTODruagaAE

I didn't enjoy this episode, I know some will like the comedy, but to me it was simply a waste of episode.

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-03-2008, 08:31 AM
very funny and cute episode...

and I was glad to hear the emperors voice (from code geass)... that was kinda cool

btw I have to keep that "stripes-trick" in mind.. its fucking cool, super special awesome!
Call me a kid but that actually made me laugh a lot :P

hmm.. coopa always says "de gozaimasu" at the end of a sentence, is this the "long-version" of *desu*? (de gozaimasu?)
I like the characters in this series a lot, the females are suprisingly, extremely cute ^^ especially coopa

Munsu
Sat, 05-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Anyone think there's any significance to the dad teaching Jil the dance and not the brother? Maybe Neeba was somewhat jelous of him... or the dad knew that Jil was some sort of special or something?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Neeba mentioned that they had different mothers. Perhaps Neeba was an illegitimate child. Or maybe even Jil. From the limited exposure we've had, it seems to me that the Dad teaching Jil was almost like he treated him as his only son. That tells me a few things. Either:

1) He left Neeba and his mother and lived with the other woman and Jil.

2) He makes trips to both, but one is the illegitimate one, and he obviously favors Jil more, or

3) Neeba's mother died, and he remarried and had Jil, paying more attention to Jil because he is the youngest, and probably because he needed it, while Neeba was always fine by himself.

Thinking about it, the last version sounds the most normal. The way Neeba talks to Jil sounds like he thinks he's a spoilt and overprotected child, just not the annoying brat type.

And the last two episodes kept dropping hints that Neeba is a darker character than he pretends to be. His meeting with the assassin (and the latter not killing him like he would a noob) just makes it all the more believable.

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Ya but it's not like Neeba dislikes Jil... its more the other side around he cares very much for him... he kicked him out of the group because he wanted him to live (maybe because the family needs him or something), he rescued him once and tried to help him once (but came to late) making an excuse like "we need to fight that mage as soon as possible" and so on..
The smile on his face when he remembered the dance and Jil supports this too.

and I wouldn't take the "way he speaks" in consideration... he talks to Jil like he talks to everyone... he seems really "coldhearted"

animus
Sat, 05-03-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I totally wasn't expecting to laugh at the dance. But I did anyways.

Munsu
Sun, 05-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Here's an encoded version by Nova-Furukawa for episode 4:
http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=6501

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Ya but it's not like Neeba dislikes Jil... its more the other side around he cares very much for him... he kicked him out of the group because he wanted him to live (maybe because the family needs him or something), he rescued him once and tried to help him once (but came to late) making an excuse like "we need to fight that mage as soon as possible" and so on..
The smile on his face when he remembered the dance and Jil supports this too.

and I wouldn't take the "way he speaks" in consideration... he talks to Jil like he talks to everyone... he seems really "coldhearted"

I guess I meant that he treats him like someone who's been protected all his life, and just doesn't really know what he's getting into. He at least shares his info with his team, but he assumes Jil can't comprehend it so he doesn't bother saying at all.

python862
Wed, 05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Well, I've finally bugged myself enough to catch myself up on the series, and I like where it's going. I liked the humor in this epi, but at the same time, it could've probably waited for a few more episodes before cranking it out again.

I figure Neeba and Jil's relationship to be more like any other sibling relationship; always with the rivalry. Neeba probably feels threatened for whatever reason that Jil will reach the top of the tower, and therefore Druaga, first and take all of the frills that comes along with defeating him. I think that both groups'll end up fighting Druaga together, but I really hope that it doesn't turn out this way. Maybe have one fight Druaga, and when they fail, the other shows up... I dunno.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Online streams:

Youtube: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=8hvKTBOxiAw
Gonzo x Bost: http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/the-tower-of-druaga/episodes/druaga06/
Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-345718/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-Bridge-of-Lightning-Episode-6.html?hires=1

Releases:
Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 06v2 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=18811) Hikimori no Kami (SD avi release)
Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 06 Furukawa & Nova-Subs (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=7448) (HD mkv release)

KrayZ33
Fri, 05-09-2008, 07:18 PM
not so good episode but still coopa wins the loli award... she's so cute de gozaimasu...

hmmm I hope for some more action soon, the fighting scene were actually pretty boring even though Gil learned something from it which will be helpfull in the future... he's more like a fighter now, and not a meat shield

python862
Fri, 05-09-2008, 07:47 PM
I rather liked the episode... I dunno. (Coopa has the most annoying voice I've ever heard!!!!!!)

Finally got to some action sequences this time around, and next episode's promising the same. Pretty soon, I guess Jil'll be able to wield Gilgamesh's sword.

I was also wondering what may be between Coopa and the boy. Seemed like they could have a possible coupling there.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-09-2008, 08:18 PM
I rather liked the episode... I dunno. (Coopa has the most annoying voice I've ever heard!!!!!!)

The shrill is particularly bad on youtube quality audio, but it's not that bad when you watch the subbed releases.That was Gilgamesh's sword he was using, no?

Talking about romantic pairing, I want to see more of Fatina :(

Assassin
Sun, 05-11-2008, 06:59 PM
they really need to start focusing more on the rpg aspect and less on the slap stick comedy

Munsu
Mon, 05-12-2008, 03:16 AM
they really need to start focusing more on the rpg aspect and less on the slap stick comedy
I'm with you. I'm losing faith on the series after each episode. What could've finally been a well done, cool rpg-like anime, it's turning out to be pretty much the same old shit like Ragnarok the Animation.

KrayZ33
Mon, 05-12-2008, 02:51 PM
well the comedy episodes are actually pretty good :) and was it episode 3 when Jil blocked those monster with his shield which was enchanted with a nice shielding spell? that was cool too, actually only this episode was not so good in my opinion

I wouldn't mind it if there is comedy mixed in between,but ya this episode was disappointing

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Online streams:

Youtube: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=ETmXKsE_bDU&feature=user
Gonzo x Bost: http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/the-tower-of-druaga/episodes/druaga07/
Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-349684/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-Dance-with-the-One-Winged-Dragon-Episode-7.html?hires=1

HD releases:

Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 07 Furukawa & Nova-Subs (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=8261)

Assassin
Fri, 05-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Pretty good ep this week...we finally get some fighting. It seems neeba's jealous of Jil. perhaps we'll see a rivalry in the future.

KrayZ33
Fri, 05-16-2008, 06:31 PM
ya this stuff is OK... its not super special but its interesting enough ... btw did I miss one episode? where did that blue rat come from?

and I'm a bit disappointed at the uruk-army, i though they were much stronger :(

btw Jil should have played Lost Planet... the glowing parts of the monster are always the weak parts! :P

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-16-2008, 06:44 PM
So this show IS based off the game from all those years ago, as mentioned by someone before. This was a pretty good ep, decent fights. If only a good 720p subbed file came out.....

I liked how the fight wasn't exacly pointless. It fleshed out Neeba's past, as well as showing us more of the heart-tugging lady. Desperate climbs like these require everyone's co-operation and faith, and there's no better way to break them than by corrupting from within.

I just found it strange that the lieutenant was the only one who recognised the sword.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 05 by Hikimori no Kami (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=17967) no HD version as of yet

edit: scratch that.
Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 05 Furukawa & Nova-Subs 1280x720 (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=6926)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 06v2 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=18811) Hikimori no Kami (SD avi release)

python862
Fri, 05-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Ha! I love being right; I was the one who mentioned it in the first episode thread.

Anyway, I loved this episode. Great action, awesome dragon art, and best of all, Jil finally comes into his own instead of being pushed aside as some rookie. I think Kelb recognized the sword as well, but didn't take Jil seriously at first... I dunno. This ep. also toned down quite a bit on the humor, which (for this episode, at least) was an improvement. If Gonzo learns how to incorporate both elements equally, then this show will finally become 'great.' Awesome episode.

Munsu
Sat, 05-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Yep, I really liked this episode too... hopefully the balance of action and comedy will improve in the episodes to come, especially against some worthwhile foes. But I hope we get more human-like enemies, like that wizard that tried to kill the King, etc.

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-17-2008, 01:09 PM
well I hope the "4(5) knights of *I-can't-remember" (episode 1) weren't just for show and are actually there
the same goes for the "dark/black knight"

Yukimura
Tue, 05-20-2008, 04:16 PM
For some inexplicable reason I feel like Melt and Ahmey should hook up...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Online streams:

Youtube: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=t2RJVblkDY4&feature=user
Gonzo x Bost: http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/the-tower-of-druaga/episodes/druaga08/
Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-352564/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-Tower-of-Legend-Episode-8.html?hires=1

HD releases:

Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 08 Furukawa & Nova-Subs (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=8262)

--------------------------------
I thought this was a waste of an episode at first, but the last couple of minutes got interesting. Three betrayals...I'm counting Melt and Coopa as one, so they're all going to leave Jil one day. Kaaya's got a lot hiding from them, and her own, possibly dark, objective. The fact that Gilgamesh goes "finally" is indicating that something big just happened.

Tsukasa
Fri, 05-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Awesome. You are on top of those links :p

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-24-2008, 04:00 PM
wow the ending was actually very interesting... I want to see the next episode now!
and acutally I'd like to know how the anime will end and what will happen when Jil reachs the top.

What I don't like is that they got too much into modern age with that game and the shop etc...

Best scene this episode:

When the 2 armies clashed on each other, that looked very cool like in the warcraft 3 Intro :)
nice animation there, too bad that it lasted only ~10 seconds

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Damn games and treasure chests made me forget to mention the other interesting thing this episode:

Gilgamesh's dream.

From the looks of things, his son died in battle. He was then seen sitting on his bed with his wife, and then alone holding their family photo. But then we had someone who looked liked an armoured Gil holding his wife(?), and PJ Gil telling them not to leave? Were they the same people?

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:23 PM
I didn't understand that too well either...

at first i thought it was his twin brother or something like that, but for what reason did he say

"wait.. if you leave me, too" <--- what then? who leaves who? and why? I know from the game-article who "Ki" actually is but I didn't understand the whole situation there.
I don't think we can catch too much from that dream alone and I hope it will reveal more in the future

and btw isn't the most interesting part @ the ending?

that blue haired girl said something like "finally you are fully awake" ... ok, but who?
are there 2 Kaayas or something? I knew that she is special and that she alrdy met Gil before... but the person on the top of the tower was someone else wasn't it?

Maybe... was that Ki?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Okay, memory blank. Who was Ki again?

I think I mentioned something about the relationship between who Kaaya and the first girl that Gilgamesh met in the tower a while back, but since it was info from the website, it got taken down as a spoiler.

We never got a good look at who I'm assuming is Gilgamesh's son, did we. He died in battle, so the armoured guy could have been his son. His wife might have died from some sort of sickness or grief, as he's seen sitting alone on his bed, so perhaps the vision was Gil seeing his son and wife leaving this world (and him).

I'm also guessing the blue-haired girl was mentioning the one who woke when Jil got to lvl 60.

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:45 PM
well the person on the top of the *old* tower IS Ki (he went up the tower to save her)

you can see that in episode 3 @ the beginning during the "50 years before" flashback

when Gil came to the top of the tower... the women was named Ki (at least Gil said this name)

and she looks like kaaya so either she is a reincaneration (god how is this word spelled?) or her descendant or something like that.

so... I don't really know who this blue haired girl was refering too now...
Ki (on the top of the old tower) or Kaaya.... or whatever...

btw episode 3 is really interesting now...

"curse of druaga... someday it will safe your life"
back then I didn't understand a single thing... well there is no real difference right now but it seems important now xD

ah and... the assassin who "killed" gil... neeba said he was hired by marf... marf is the general commanding the uruk army Oo?
edit: Nm it was the guy who said that the commander shouldn worry...

and now.. @ the end of episode 3 Gil was saying a name (towards Kaaya) "Ishara" or something like that... he called Kaaya "ishara"... ? .... uuuhhh?

or is "forgive me Ishara" something like "Forgive me god" <- *that i did it .. or allowed this n that to happen*

I m going to sleep now... maybe something comes into my mind then :P a bit "sense" would be good for example :/, this stuff seems really complex to me

python862
Sat, 05-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Ahhh... awesome episode. The nostalgic feel of the original Druaga game, and some decent action/humor elements included. It seems Gonzo's finally getting the hang of their storytelling.

Some parts for elaboration in other episodes: Gilgamesh's dream sequence, the 'three betrayals', the stone slab and Kaaya's so-called 'illness', and that part at the end... which is still kind of confusing. It seems as though the relationship between Kaaya and Jil is beginning to thicken up. Perhaps it'll get built upon as well. Overall, as I've already said, awesome episode.

KrayZ33
Sun, 05-25-2008, 05:34 PM
The anime has toooooooo many secrets in my opinion... I still don't know why Kaaya and Ki look the same, why Gilgamesh knows Kaaya and I don't understand what they were searching in the "old" tower ? (well ok that will be explained soon I guess and a few other questions too which I didn't point out)

and who the fuck is that blue haried girl !!!! aaaaaaargh.... I want to know that!

It appears to me that they just do random things there and it confuses me more and more :/
yet, the anime is interesting *because* of that....

Everon
Sun, 05-25-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm not going to wrap my head around all the things that are happening. But everything is being set up in such a specific manner that I'm sure things will get eventually explained.

Until then I'll just enjoy the ride.

xtallography
Sun, 05-25-2008, 06:42 PM
I was just happy the blue haired girl was finally introduced. It was the last face from the into (the billboard on the back of the bus) that I hadn't seen yet.

It seems a few people are in on the secret of what turning "on" the tower meant. Makes me look forward to the next few eps and hopefully that will get fleshed out.

KrayZ33
Sun, 05-25-2008, 07:24 PM
well the blue haired girl was introduced 1 or 2(?) episodes before talking to neeba like they were a couple which had lots of sex in the past/

ya... I know.. some weird way to explain a relationship but it somehow hits the spot I think

Assassin
Sun, 05-25-2008, 08:42 PM
first of all.....make sure you guys dont mention anything that hasn't been explicitly stated in the anime. for example, all this Ki business. All we know so far is her name, and that she look like kaaya. So leave it at that. I dont want to see any mention of her role from articles, the game, or any website, as it will be considered spoiling.

Now as for the episode, i think the 3 betrayals will be kaaya, neeba, and possibly melt. other then that, it was a mediocre episode. I want to see more of the actual tower. I dont care too much for the comedy aspects. Its an rpg anime, and it should dedicate more time to the the rpg aspect of it.

python862
Sun, 05-25-2008, 10:09 PM
As for it being an 'RPG' anime, I'm not sure how you're meaning it. So far, I haven't found a single thing hinting that it's based off of or is resembling any RPG other than hints that it could spawn one. Additionally, if it got too RPG-ey, it could become a mess. So far, I'm fine with it as it is.

Assassin
Sun, 05-25-2008, 10:29 PM
the anime is about a team consisting of 2 knights and 2 mages (along with other teams) who climb a tower full of monsters, which also contains rare items and the like......you really dont see the rpg connection?

thats like, every rpg i've ever played. kill monsters, collect gold and items, complete side quests and get to the final level to beat the boss (and beat mini bosses along the way).

I just wish they'd focus more on the story and less on the comedy. we could've done without the 12 different people playing the game and Jil dying like 38 times. It would've been acceptable if we had actually seen Jil in that tower, but we only got small glimpses of him fighting.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 05-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Well, it is based on game, a very primitive one, which is probably an rpg equivalent at that time.

I actually like the comedy aspect. The problem I find with many rpg/adventure type anime is that they take themselves too seriously. By doing so, they turn out to be very silly or childish, especially to those who are used to playing or watching such plot lines. By parodying the genre yet still maintaining a story, I think this show is doing a good job of avoiding this problem.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Well, Nipponsei had a release overload today, and this was in the pile.

[Nipponsei] Druaga no Tou ~the AEGIS of URUK~ OP Single - SWINGING [Muramasa].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Druaga%20no%20Tou%20~the%20AEGIS %20of%20URUK~%20OP%20Single%20-%20SWINGING%20%5BMuramasa%5D.zip.torrent)

Come to think of it, I think this is the first OP animation I've seen for a while where it has nothing to do with the overall story pretty much.

Enjoy.

edit: ED and OST to be posted when they're released

KrayZ33
Wed, 05-28-2008, 11:27 AM
This torrent does not have the ending (which is sad because its even better than the opening :/)

its not from "Swinging"... the one who sings this is the VA from Jil, I like his voice + song
anyone got a torrent link?

edit: wikipedia says he's called "Kenn"

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-28-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm downloading it now. Not sure about who the artist is, but I'm pretty sure it's who it says it is, since Nipponsei probably bought the CD.

That's correct, this torrent only has the OP. I chucked the other stuff into the title so they can be added here in when they come out, and allow for easier searching. I'll edit the post to save confusion.

edit: the single's title is SWINGING. The artist is Marumasa. Agreed on the other part though. I like the ED better myself.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-28-2008, 10:36 PM
And here it is. (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Druaga%20no%20Tou%20~the%20AEGIS %20of%20URUK~%20ED%20Single%20-%20Touchousha%20Tachi%20%5BKENN%5D.zip.torrent)

EDIT: I realize the post was too vague. By "it", I mean the ED song, which I love as well.

KrayZ33
Thu, 05-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Ya KENN rulez!

ty very much

edit: Wow.. the song has german lyrics @ 2:28 ^^, too bad that is the most annoying part of the song hehe

python862
Fri, 05-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuoY5IvJqwI
Gonzo X Bost: http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/the-tower-of-druaga/episodes/druaga09/
Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-358370/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-Eleven-Nines-Episode-9.html?hires=1

I didn't get the chance to watch this one yet. I'll have to talk about it later on...

KrayZ33
Fri, 05-30-2008, 05:34 PM
very very very good episode

I think the "I want RPG-action" fraction will be *VERY* happy with this episode

Something very sad happened and something very interesting also.
This series is fun to watch.

animus
Fri, 05-30-2008, 05:41 PM
The formulaic party split that occurs in almost every RPG, classic.

KrayZ33
Fri, 05-30-2008, 05:47 PM
But what I really hate about this series is that it has so many secrets which are simply not answered.
This episode just came up with another 4 or 5...

what is that "mage" doing? what is in the box? is that rogue really dead and what did he do in the end with the dagger? and not to forget the blue haired women again, what will kaya do when she reaches the top? what betrayal, why was "jil" mirror-version still very friendly and acted like the normal jil, while the one from the assassin (rogue whatever), who is normally very carefull and stealthy, acted like a clumsy warrior.

and so on, I don't even want to mention Jil's father...

but this episode had some real nice fighting action. especially that one with kaya and neeba

btw, I bet the ending of this anime will be bad... I can't believe there are only 4 episodes left..its way too fast, we never saw them actually "climbing" or deafeating some boss-monsters...
If it's going to end simply with them fighting off each other at the end or just with defeating Druaga, I will declare this anime to be the anime with the most wasted potential ever made.

edit: oops I spelled "rogue" as "rouge" ~.~;

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Hehe, someone else beat me to them.:)

I don't think the Kally's clone was being clumsy though. On the contrary, it was very like him. He approached Neeba as if he knew him (like Jil's clone) and attacked in a way that he saw fit. In this case, is a surprise lunge with a concealed knife (very rogue-like). Only thing that saved Neeba were his sharp eyes and prior knowledge that stuff like that happens in that Garden.

The preview mentions that they're near the top next episode, which I found to be rather quick. Perhaps monsters really do weaken considerably (imagine that dragon at full strength). But now that the Summer's ending, those who were just in it for the loot will turn away, leaving the serious and dedicated behind. I'm guessing that'll be Jil's, Neeba's and Pazuz's group. Maybe the Uruk Army.

I really didn't expect Kally to die though.

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-31-2008, 05:39 AM
I just wonder what those side characters are all about if this anime will end in 4 episodes... they have explained nearly nothing.. and we havn't seen a strong monster yet, "only" the dragon... but I expected more... something like the 4 (5) knights in the first episode :/ or in the flashback in episode 3

All in all there is not enough fighting in this anime, I didn't know that it had only 13 episode, so I didn't care until now

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-31-2008, 06:24 AM
I just wonder what those side characters are all about if this anime will end in 4 episodes... they have explained nearly nothing.. and we havn't seen a strong monster yet, "only" the dragon... but I expected more... something like the 4 (5) knights in the first episode :/ or in the flashback in episode 3

All in all there is not enough fighting in this anime, I didn't know that it had only 13 episode, so I didn't care until now

Only 13 eps?!?!

*goes check anime sites*

Damn, and here I thought this was going to be a good old, long running show. In that case, we really haven't gone that deeply into all our characters. It's done a good job so far I guess, but seeing as it's only 13eps long, they should have done more in getting us knowing the characters. Oh well, guess I'll sit back and enjoy the rest of the show.

python862
Sun, 06-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm surprised they killed off a character... much less one from Neeba's group. Kaaya's apparently very important to the central storyline, and the mirrors of the characters were an interesting twist (though I didn't quite get the point of adding them in besides having a plot point to go off of.).

I'm also surprised and upset that this is only getting 13 episodes!

ForteCross
Wed, 06-04-2008, 08:03 AM
it was said that neeba was going to get all his party killed. wasnt it? that blue chick?
im betting a neeba vs jil fight at the end... or maybe kaaya betraying jil at the real last floor.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVWEp6NQM3w&feature=user
Gonzo X Bost: http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/the-tower-of-druaga/episodes/druaga10/
Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-365570/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-Episode-10-Summers-End.html?hires=1

KrayZ33
Fri, 06-06-2008, 04:12 PM
wtf is with that youtube version? I hope they upload one without the ad, because I won't watch it otherwise... and youtube had the best quality ~~; *sob*

and what is with that Gonzo X bost link? seems like its just the preview (wow I didn't know that this has such a nice quality, I take back what I said before)

Do I have to do something to watch the whole thing? I clicked on nearly everything on that page :/

edit: ehhh... "points" oO
ok now I remember why I didn't use that side xD

-----

Watched it on crunchyroll

well pretty nice episode, yet I can't believe this anime did (or rather will) end so fast.... they climbed that huge tower way too fast and actually pretty much nothing happened while climbing that tower except for the dragon.
Poor Jil btw, I wonder who will betray him, why and when.

and..

neeba is such an asshole

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Thing is, why is he like that? Neeba has some hidden agenda, and something that apparently he'll kill, or sacrifice his team for. That and aliance with Sumer might very well be what he's doing.

I agree about the story's length. Normal RPG storylines are at least standard, because so much usually happens, and with each event, you develop each character from either a novice like Jil, or a flawed character like Melt, into the imperfect, but admirable character in the end. Often, it's the development and teamplay/friendship that they've developed, rather than their skill, that brings them through.

Right now though, it doesn't feel as though anyone's advanced anywhere. Jil still feels like the noob climber, and Melt is still his old selfish self. They've changed that a little, but it's not gradual nor pronounced enough. Meh, I still like this series though.

I wonder if Gonzo had a little chat with our fansub groups. There haven't been any HD subs lately.

Penner
Sat, 06-07-2008, 08:54 AM
damnit i want 720 hd versions of ep 7+, did all the hd-subbers quit this?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Furukawa, Nova-subs and Otaku-Legend all say that their releases are still coming. We can only wait (unfortunately). There's a group called Hikimori no Kami who are up to episode 10, but release stuff in SD mkv. Just request it, and I can update all the links with their releases easily enough. I just thought most people now would watch the stream and archive the HD, so I never really bothered.

Assassin
Tue, 06-10-2008, 08:00 PM
well, we get to see Druaga next episode atleast....im wonder if they'll do the final fight in eps 11 and 12, and then do a summary/comical ep in 13, like they did for ep 1.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-10-2008, 10:13 PM
For the HD collectors

Tower of Druaga - The Aegis of Uruk - 01v2 - [Furukawa & Nova-Subs] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=7962)

[O-L] Druaga no To - the Aegis of Uruk - 01 [1280x720 h264][8EBCAD1D].mkv (http://tracker.anirena.com/details.php?id=8063&hit=1)

Edit2:

Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 02v2 Otaku-Legends (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=8211)

Kraco
Wed, 06-11-2008, 09:18 AM
I wonder what's the significance of everybody asking Jil what his after if he gets the rod. Naturally if it's only believed to grant one wish people would know, but even then it should still be kind of superficial or just to gauge how much the person is willing to risk to get it. After all, in the end all the survivors would need to fight for it with each other, except for those who wish for money and are willing to split.

However, the way people kept asking it gives me the impression they could be using that for something else. Maybe it's just to make him appear like a real hero who doesn't want anything for himself (and thus some others who want something badly badmouth him to make themselves feel better). However, seeing how the tower seems to have those two ghosts there sitting and monitoring the magics, calculating people / time, maybe there's something in the last place that will find troublesome a person who doesn't want anything, and that might make Jil's presence decisive.

Personally I think it would be more interesting if Jil didn't want anything from the rod till the end and that played a role in the conclusion.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iaBp3MXd8E&feature=user
Gonzo X Bost: http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/the-tower-of-druaga/episodes/druaga11/
Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-371850/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-Episode-11-One-Solitary-Shield.html?hires=1

Yukimura
Fri, 06-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Nice, no stupid ad this time on the youtube version.

DDBen
Sat, 06-14-2008, 02:54 AM
Nice, no stupid ad this time on the youtube version.

yeah instead its got a runtime of 5:02.

Seriously what is wrong with Gonzo's distro all of the sudden on this. If they don't plan to support it on youtube say so and stop wasting out time.

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-14-2008, 04:11 AM
I don't understand this... if they plan to make CR a anime streaming site they should improve the fucking quality... youtube is twice as good as CR... even the standard version (not highquality) from youtube is far superior to the high-def @ CR

edit: woooozaa... I take that back! the h264 version doesn't look as bad as it did in the very first episodes...

AH... i see, they added "h264 high-def" which is exactly the same as the one on youtube... what I watched before was the normal "high quality" version which is crappy as hell ^^

Wow... the high-def version is really "high-def" nice. feels like I downloaded the episode
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9927/druagadr3.jpg

edit2: OK all that quality bragging aside... THIS episode is TRUELY AWESOME! thats what i expected too see! thats what I wanted... thats how it should have been from the beginning.
to all who watched it and stopped because its boring, you might want to watch at least this episode.. its really good..

not that awesome that this episode alone is enough to say that the anime is good, but if all the episodes were done like this, it would have been one of the best this season. imho!

xtallography
Sat, 06-14-2008, 10:28 PM
This was a great great episode. It was full of some classic rpg cliches but the animations seemed to be a mixed bag at times. Not that it was especially bad or anything but compare Fatina's attacks to poor Uku's "here let me just toss this hammer at you". I liked the scale of Druaga because it did make it seem hopeless that these people would have any chance at taking the demon god down. The Druaga CG did seem a bit plastic-y to me but cool all the same.

I did laugh when Neeba caught back up with his prey... all I could think of was "message for you sir".

Yukimura
Sun, 06-15-2008, 03:21 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Awesome ep, quite sad but very well done. And there wasn't even any mention of marriage until it didn't even matter...

KrayZ33
Sun, 06-15-2008, 06:15 AM
And there wasn't even any mention of marriage until it didn't even matter...

hmm? what do you mean. Ahmey wanted to marry that Uruk soldier/general who died during the last summer. That was shown 1 or 2 episodes ago

or did I misunderstood your sentence

xtallography
Sun, 06-15-2008, 12:26 PM
hmm? what do you mean. Ahmey wanted to marry that Uruk soldier/general who died during the last summer. That was shown 1 or 2 episodes ago

or did I misunderstood your sentence

One of the rpg cliche's from ep1 was the kiss of death "when this battle is over I'm going to get married".

A different context but I remember thinking it when she mentioned getting married as part of her dying words. The bigger cliche I saw in that was the... I had my own hopes and dreams but it's okay because I got to meet all of you... statement. I'm sure the spear is still stuck in Druaga and maybe next ep we'll see the next rpg standard... the dead comrade helps defeat the boss when all seems lost. Maybe they can toss her ghost in there somewhere for good measure.

ForteCross
Mon, 06-16-2008, 06:02 PM
nooooooooooo!!! dont do that, it was in ragnarok the animation and it was sucky and stupid... i still would like to see someone start drilling druaga's head with ahemey's spear, not her ghost

Kraco
Tue, 06-17-2008, 01:48 PM
It was a really good death scene.

But I would have liked to see what manner of necromantic devilry Pazuz was about to unleash. It's kind of annoying we will likely never get to see it anymore as I don't think Neeba will/can borrow it.

Yukimura
Tue, 06-17-2008, 02:44 PM
I figured he was summoning the First, Second and Fourth Hokage's.

Anyway from the way he was talking I think he was going to summon some lore from the universe Druaga is set in. If the series manages to get another season or another series in the same world maybe well get to see them.

I'm seriously hoping for Tower of Druaga 2: The Coopa Chronicles. I mean seriously, she just picked up that huge armored guy like he was a bag of socks. I knew she was unnaturally strong but that was just creepy/awesome.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-17-2008, 09:22 PM
[O-L] Druaga no To - the Aegis of Uruk - 03v2 [1280x720 h264][56B4E1CA].mkv (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=8244)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 07 Furukawa & Nova-Subs (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=8261)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 08 Furukawa & Nova-Subs (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=8262)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Druaga no To - The Aegis of Uruk - 06 Furukawa & Nova-Subs (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=7448)

Assassin
Thu, 06-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I would like to have more history or background info on this Sumr/Narghol thing

Archangel
Fri, 06-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Lmao funniest episode yet xD

The sex changing spheres were genius ( lol self groping )

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Youtube: part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iszCoRvuRv4&feature=user), part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGkr98WV4NM&feature=user)
Gonzo X Bost: http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/the-tower-of-druaga/episodes/druaga12/
Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-371...d.html?hires=1 (http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-377574/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Aegis-of-URUK-Episode-12-Tower-of-Druaga-FINALE.html?hires=1)

Exams last week means marathoning 11&12 this week :D. EDIT: MAKE SURE TO FINISH THE CREDITS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ep 11 was awesome, and so was 12. I was left in a big WTF moment near the end, but final few seconds explained it all. Counting down to 2009 (comment more when others have watched it)

Munsu
Fri, 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Well, I'm not up to date so I haven't read the latest threads. But apparently episode 12 is the last episode of this series. But apparently there's a sequel coming on 2009, here's the news story:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-20/the-tower-of-druaga-the-sword-of-uruk-anime-in-2009

It'll be called The Tower of Druaga: the Sword of URUK.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah, and if you were like me and watched episode 12 expecting it all to finish...you're in for a big surprise.

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-21-2008, 05:51 AM
hahaha... nice so the poster @ the end of the opening which says 2009.7 is not meant for a movie but actually for the second season... didn't expect that.

so july 2009 it is

I'm waiting for it, "sword of uruk"...hmm lets me suggest that Jil is going to fight a bit more rather than defending with his shield all the time... very nice ending for season 1... but, what are they searching for in the upper tower? and I want to know how those 4 out of the coffin look like :/

btw:
CR is weird... I was allowed to watch last episode in Hi-def but now they are like " sry, you are not allowed to view this in h.264 :("

at first they had only crappy quality, now they have the good quality and allow me to see it and now they don't allow it :/ weird

where do you have to live to view this?

and.. why does ahmey get so much attention and the assassin did not? (lol I even forgot his name!!) I liked him much more than Ahmey 8[

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-21-2008, 05:55 AM
I bet 4 cookies that it will air July 2009! I'm looking forward to it, the last 2 episodes were really great

btw.. I miss episode 13... will it come? (is it a special maybe? I still don't know who that white animal is which is appearing from time to time)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-21-2008, 06:05 AM
You got that "sorry, this is not available in the country you live" error too?

I finished ep11 and was reading the discussion when I saw your screencap. Then I went to watch this finale in HD, and they give me an error. What a tease :(

I have to say, Kaaya showed a lot of emotion at the end. She was always caring, but just seemed like a nice girl who's like that to everyone.

It also looks like next season will have some Gil x Fatina moments. :D I year is a long time...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-21-2008, 06:08 AM
There's only 12 episodes, if I'm not mistaken.

And white animal? (probably better to discuss this (<--) one in the episode thread.)

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-21-2008, 07:10 AM
I actually hoped for Gil to come together with Fatina, but I guess this won't happen at all.

Since the first episode I was rooting for them :(

To come back to the animal I mentioned in the sequel-thread.

What animal is this? (in the last episode it was shown beneath that handkerchief when the tower collapses)
The first time I noticed it was shortly before the fight against the Dragon.. it popped up on Jil's shoulder and everyone was acting normally...

so i guess episode 13 (which is missing in my opinion pretty much like in Spice&Wolf) will tell me something about it?

Or did I miss an episode or something... because it just popped up and nothing was explained.

edit: ya "Jil" not "Gil"

Yukimura
Sat, 06-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Umm when you people say Gil x Fatina do you mean Jil? Gil is Gilgamesh AKA the King AKA creepy guy who can't die and knows a lot more than he lets on.

As to the HD thing, I bet they're just trying to capitalize on the old bait and switch. They let you watch for free until you just have to see the next ep in good quality then boom, please pay us some money to watch the nice version.

Anyway, I was pretty much speechless at this ep. It was so awesome how instead of the expected redemption filled ending it was just double cross central. We always knew the alliances were built on pretty shaky foundations, but atypically those alliances actually crumbled when the going got tough instead of having been strengthened by the bonds formed during the journey and producing a typical change of heart scenario. Neeba's nefariousness attitude was especially well done.

Hopefully Sword of Uruk will continue the atypical trend instead and have a more hardened Jil acting to get revenge and retribution for the wasted lives instead of just trying to win their hearts back. Even if it goes typical though I'm anxiously awaiting.

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Btw... I wonder what Gil is thinking.. I thought he is a good guy, yet it seems to be a disguise

did he kill that guy? and he owns the BCR? hmmm does that mean he wished for immortality, because I just remembered that he got stabbed in the chest by Pazu (I got the name wrong I think) and there was this flashback scene which said "someday the curse will save your life" or something like that.

I have simply no clue what to think of Gilgamesh right now... what is he thinking/doing. It shocked me quite a bit to be honest seeing him killing someone.

Didn't he climb the tower because he was a good guy like Jil back in the past? It seems that something changed Gil (probably the BCR)

animus
Sat, 06-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Mmmm, Fatina.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Umm when you people say Gil x Fatina do you mean Jil?

I did indeed. Thanks for the correction. I thought something looked odd.

Gil's scene definitely was something out of the left field. I don't think Gonzo mistranslates their own stuff, but did he mean "The blue crystal rod is real, because:

a) I HAVE it
b)I HAD it?

Assassin
Sun, 06-22-2008, 12:51 AM
yes i was rather surprised by that as well....does he really currently possess the blue crystal rod? that would be a pretty kool twist.

I gotta say the ending of this ep totally and completely saved what i thought would be a mediocre anime with wasted potential. I guess Gonzo had this planned out from the beginning and used the first season to get all the character and story development done. The last 5 min made it go from a decent anime to a "holy shit, this is awesome" anime.

I can't wait to see what the second half of the tower holds...all this time people never even made it half way up, and those who finally did this time almost got killed just fighting the guardian. I'd hate to see what kind of crazy monsters the top half holds. I bet we'll get to see the black knight and the other funky knights in season 2.

Edit:

It seem like ep 13 will be a summary after all like i predicted....or maybe even a preview of season 2. It doesn't seem like they'll continue the current story line since it had a pretty nice ending and nothing substantial can happen in another 20 min.

also.

To come back to the animal I mentioned in the sequel-thread.

What animal is this? (in the last episode it was shown beneath that handkerchief when the tower collapses)
The first time I noticed it was shortly before the fight against the Dragon.. it popped up on Jil's shoulder and everyone was acting normally...

What are you talking about? can you provide a screen shot of said animal?

xtallography
Sun, 06-22-2008, 01:43 AM
I believe this is the animal in question (time stamp: 22:33):
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/jhabel/animal.jpg

I also thought this was an excellent last episode from the first season. I just wish we didn't have to wait an entire year to the next season. I can predict that I'll have to watch the whole thing over again next June just to jog the memory. I thought that it was interesting that Fatina was able to see through Kaaya almost instantly. It does set up the motives of revenge and love very nicely for the next installment. Like everyone else, I was not expecting the king Gil scene. It makes me wonder if its a case of... you defeat the monster you become the "guardian" on the bcr. Also sets up the "killed by his own weapon" and "killing your hero" standard if Jil does him in. Something to look forward to.

Some things that strike me as odd about the ending though...

Jil and the rest were flushed down to the base level of the tower were they not? Meaning, they would have to climb back up the tower and defeat the guardian again just to get the key for the crazy flower dna helix combo stairs that neeba and kaaya went up. However, the summer is over and I thought that meant the demons were much stronger now. Does that mean they have to wait for a year for another summer because I have a feeling neeba and kaaya aren't just going to be sitting around twiddling their thumbs. I'm curious how gonzo is going to handle that.

KrayZ33
Sun, 06-22-2008, 06:14 AM
the monsters are all dead (they disappeared), he doesn't have to "climb" it again.

well ok, they have to climb, but without monsters or any resistance.
Unless they have a respawn timer :/

But there is something which is still very confusing... I thought the tower would collapse after the defeat of druaga and so Kaaya + Neeba are basically cut of from the rest... but the tower seems to be still intact.

And why were they flushed out anyways? I mean it's somehow odd that only the upper celling (where all the loot is) is flushed and even collapsed... this was really only done to separate Jil from Kaaya+Neeba.

Plus, I wonder if the rest did actually survive that water-ride (Coopa etc)

animus
Sun, 06-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Wonder how good/bad this MMO is gonna be.

ForteCross
Sun, 06-22-2008, 10:37 AM
lol, i dont think its gonna get released before the second arc... anyways... really good ep, so they actually did or did not kill druaga? and it is just me the one that see's this like castelvania symphony of the night?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-22-2008, 05:14 PM
They haven't met Druaga yet. He's found on the top of the tower that Neeba and Kaaya are climbing right now. Though according to Neeba, Druaga's already killed by Gilgamesh, so there's no telling if it revived, or some other monster/remnant took it's place.

That big monster was only the guardian of the real tower.

Talking about real tower, I think it might be feasible for Jil to wait, say, a year for the next summer, if there are monsters. If that top tower is the original tower, then it's got 60 floors, as opposed to....was it 5 in this one? Then they're only a team of two, while Jil will be catching up with a team of no less then five (I'm counting on their remaining two parties join up).

Kraco
Mon, 06-23-2008, 10:32 AM
It was a good ep but I can't understand, no matter how much I think of it, why Jil didn't simply start to climb the stairs after Neeba and Kaaya. Why did he just stand there screaming Kaaya's name? He thought that was all of the tower, but Neeba clearly explained it wasn't, so there shouldn't have been anything unclear for him. Or is his head so full of bone that he couldn't accept the tower didn't end there? Quite a hero, indeed. He deserved to get flushed down for such stupidity.

Still, the guy was so unbearably naive I think this all was a good lesson for him. Like has been said before, the next time, if a next time exists, he won't be so innocent. In fact he should still be grateful to Neeba. The whole tower and crystal rod business doesn't look quite as simple as most seem to think, so it might have ended bad for Jil in his current form had he ascended to the second tower.

Edit: Regarding Jil and Fatina, what reason would Fatina have to try again? She was obviously in for money alone, and also because she was dreaming of Neeba. Now it should be pretty obvious to her Neeba was never interested in her, and I'd judge receiving riches is not so guaranteed any longer. Besides, if Sir Kelb remained alive and is a man of his word, Fatina might already receive some compensation. She might take that and hit the road. She shouldn't be like Jil who was never in for anything concrete but just to prove something to himself, and I guess others, and so absolutely can't be satisfied with an outcome like this.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Regarding Jil and Fatina, what reason would Fatina have to try again? She was obviously in for money alone, and also because she was dreaming of Neeba. Now it should be pretty obvious to her Neeba was never interested in her, and I'd judge receiving riches is not so guaranteed any longer. Besides, if Sir Kelb remained alive and is a man of his word, Fatina might already receive some compensation. She might take that and hit the road. She shouldn't be like Jil who was never in for anything concrete but just to prove something to himself, and I guess others, and so absolutely can't be satisfied with an outcome like this.

I'd think the reason they'd do it again is to get a reason out of Kaaya and Neeba. They both like them, and were obviously shocked when the betrayal happened. I think Fatina might be reluctant to go with Jil at first, but she'll join as soon as they start climbing.

Talking about betrayal, how many did the red ghost say Jil will suffer? We've just had two, and from what I remember, it was around five, so don't be surprised if more of this happens next season. (no doubt, I will be{surprised})

Assassin
Mon, 06-23-2008, 05:34 PM
She said 3 betrayals....i think gilgamesh was the 3rd one. It wouldn't make sense for there to be another one next season....the new season ought to have its own story line.

As for the summer of anu, didn't they say it happens every 5 years? So they can't just climb up next summer in hopes of weaker monsters (if they're not all dead, which seems to be the case)...they'll have to face the tower at full strength.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-23-2008, 05:54 PM
She said 3 betrayals....i think gilgamesh was the 3rd one. It wouldn't make sense for there to be another one next season....the new season ought to have its own story line.

As for the summer of anu, didn't they say it happens every 5 years? So they can't just climb up next summer in hopes of weaker monsters (if they're not all dead, which seems to be the case)...they'll have to face the tower at full strength.

Which, I hope, results in a solid and longer (>/=24 eps) series. If they took everything seriously, I can imagine this could be something of awesomeness.

Kraco
Tue, 06-24-2008, 02:03 AM

Actually the monsters are totally irrelevant - before the Guardian. After all, their objective is just to get to the half-way point and defeat the Guardian to summon the key and thus the stairs. Now they dropped nicely all the way down, so they could actually even climp up the same way, avoiding all the monsters, whenever they can assume a new Guardian and a new key is waiting. Before that it's useless to go unless they intend to wait up there - with a hoard of food.

However, if I was Jil I would go at least part way up when there are no monsters - and burn down the stupid door that dropped them into the mud bath time after time. That door doesn't deserve to live...

Edit: If you think about it, though, it wouldn't even be unreasonable if the next series starts at the half-way point. Perhaps we will see a new fight against a Guardian and summoning of the key and stairs at the very beginning. Even the fight against the Guardian is somewhat irrelevant but they could show it just to introduce Jil and whatever new companions and powers he has.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Edit: If you think about it, though, it wouldn't even be unreasonable if the next series starts at the half-way point. Perhaps we will see a new fight against a Guardian and summoning of the key and stairs at the very beginning. Even the fight against the Guardian is somewhat irrelevant but they could show it just to introduce Jil and whatever new companions and powers he has.

I like this idea, especially if they're full pros and completely kick ass. That at least would show they actually learned something from this season's climb.

ForteCross
Tue, 06-24-2008, 08:33 AM
i think that they would have to fight with all the other monsters again... i mean, if the guardian has to respawn why not the rest of the monsters? only this time we will have stronger monsters (no summer right now...) and they wont be able to avoid them like before, becouse then they had like 1k climbers... right now i dont think someone will want to climb again... if they can just go all the way up without any monster that would be lame... and then there would not be any reason to flush them out... im hoping for atleast 2 or 3 chapters about them climbing all the thing over again (getting the party, defeating the dragon and then the guardian) and i would like 24 or 52 chapters this time... or 37 chapters like the epic death note :P

EDIT: this is my post number 37 :P

Kraco
Tue, 06-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Chapters? Are you talking about manga, or something?

Anyway, I don't particularly desire to watch the same stuff again, wasting precious episodes, that's why I said it could be better if they started it already from the half-way point. I mean, if they can't even reach that point, then what use would the second season be in the first place? To have anything new in, they need to reach the half-way no matter what, so it's all the same to skip what we have seen already. The Guardian would be only interesting because we pretty much know its power level and thus by how easily Jil defeats it, we can gauge how much more powerful he is than during the first time through.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Good point. I don't want to watch a repeat of season 1, though I think they would need to show how he gets the party together before attempting the climb again.

Yukimura
Tue, 06-24-2008, 10:27 AM
If the monsters do respawn they'd have to also explain how Jil and co. would break the hax shield all on their own. Only the people who actually knew what they were doing brought any counter measures against the Guardian. I'm still not 100% sure whether Pazuz knew about the rest of the Tower or not but he was definitely more prepared to fight the Guardian than the rest of the parties at least.

I would hope we'll get at least a shortened tower climb (if you skip all the silly eps and team building eps it didnt' really take that long the first time around) with some preparation scenes before hand showing Jil getting the team back togeather as well as finding/learning of some random magical item that can also take down the shield or reopen the 2nd half or otherwise Flashdance the plot around the issues I've just raised. Heck, the monsters could just stay gone and the party could do a relatively easy reclimb and get flashdanced into the 2nd half by the Kayaa looking spirit girl, anything's possible.

KrayZ33
Tue, 06-24-2008, 01:32 PM
what makes you guys think that the monsters do respawn? when that "Druaga" has been killed all the monsters despawned.... I don't want to believe that they showed that to us for no particular reason

and why do they have to kill the guardian again?

Kraco
Tue, 06-24-2008, 02:16 PM
The assumtion was the next season would follow in the footsteps of this season. Though it could as well not do that, and present something quite different. However, it's easy to assume so, because this is one of those series that really strongly was centered around a certain idea, in this case the tower and whatever mythos surrounded it. Basically everything in the story was connected to it. So, it makes sense to think the trend will continue. We don't know any better, after all. Not yet.

Killing the Guardian spawned the key that summoned the stairs.

Assassin
Tue, 06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
well we're all thinking in terms of rpg's where monsters respawn after a certain time....but 'realistically' speaking, the monsters have to come from somewhere, whether thru monster eggs or thru birth. Given enough time (say atleast a year) im sure the monster population would grow if there's no climbers killing them.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-24-2008, 05:10 PM
I think the monsters in that tower are more mystical than biological, meaning they can probably pop in as easily as they disappeared.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-24-2008, 06:42 PM
If the monsters do respawn they'd have to also explain how Jil and co. would break the hax shield all on their own. Only the people who actually knew what they were doing brought any counter measures against the Guardian. I'm still not 100% sure whether Pazuz knew about the rest of the Tower or not but he was definitely more prepared to fight the Guardian than the rest of the parties at least.

I don't think he knew. I vaguely remember it, but when he attempted to summon those undead guys, he called the Guardian Druaga. If he knew, I don't think he'd say that.

xtallography
Tue, 06-24-2008, 10:07 PM
I'd agree that would be cool... but the only people with the items to bring down the guardian shield are currently in the tower above them.

I guess ultimately it is an unknown what killing the guardian does since no one has done it before now (exception being King Gil). I guess that's an easy out for the writers to make up whatever they want and just say that it's now that way because the guardian is dead.

But the stairs leading to T2 did disappear with neeba and kaaya on them and it seemed the only way to unlock the stairs was with the rod dropped after killing the guardian. Meh, it's all speculation that will be long forgotten in a years time.

minneyar
Thu, 06-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Gil's scene definitely was something out of the left field. I don't think Gonzo mistranslates their own stuff, but did he mean "The blue crystal rod is real, because:

a) I HAVE it
b)I HAD it?

I believe Gil said, "boku wa motte iru n dakara ne," which most definitely means that he currently has it. He might even be carrying it on himself right now.

ForteCross
Mon, 06-30-2008, 08:56 AM
like someone said before, there is a reason why they showed us the monsters dissapearing, but there is a reason why they showed us them being flushed out... if they could just summon the stairs without killing the guardian then the only reason to flush them up would be to get potions and new armors... and that would be lame... and not to say that only fatime and jil were together, maybe each party member is in another floor? but then again they dont have any healer/buffer... that could be a problem

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-30-2008, 11:43 AM
well the reason for them to be flushed out could be simply the fact to divide the group, so they arn't able to follow neeba instantly

Munsu
Mon, 06-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Released by gg:
http://ggkthx.org/Torrents/[gg]_The_Tower_of_Druaga_-_Aegis_of_Uruk_-_01_[Behind_the_Scenes]_[8636591E].mkv.torrent

Source: DVD
Display: 720x480 Anamorphic
Softsubs: dialog, typesets, karaoke
THIS REQUIRES SUM EXPLANATION. Two versions of Druaga 01 aired, the one inside of Jil's head (the 表/surface version) and the one that showed what was going on while Jil was daydreaming (the 裏/reverse/hidden/behind the scenes version). We subbed the behind the scenes one since GONZO didn't do that. Or something. Also I picked behind the scenes as a translation for 裏 because they treat Jil's dream like a movie.
http://ggkthx.org/p-misc.php

Kraco
Tue, 07-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Ah... I forgot I already downloaded and watched this. It was a pretty silly episode and I don't feel it really offered anything essential and new, especially since it took place during such an unessential time (although it resulted in Jil getting kicked out of Neeba's group and thus forced to form his own). The real episode 1 explained this sufficiently plus was a lot funnier.

Still, I guess this belongs to the packet.

Yukimura
Tue, 07-01-2008, 09:46 AM
I liked it, seeing introductions to all the characters was great, especially Ahmey and Kayaa. I always like more background info. And how can more Coopa not just make one melt?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Too good to pass up, but is it good enough for it's own thread? Maybe.

Enjoy. Scan from www.animepaper.net

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4076/largeanimepaperscanstowqq4.jpg

Assassin
Wed, 07-02-2008, 02:52 AM
pretty good episode. i think it works better, watching it at the end of the series cuz you can really appreciate each characters story knowing the dynamic that'll be formed later.

Munsu
Sat, 07-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Just watched episodes 9-12... all the slow pace in the early portion of the series was rewarded. Those episodes were great. A lot of action, some deaths, betrayals, character development, plot development, it had a bit of everything.

Looking forward to the sequel. With that said, in a week or so, I'll remove this series from this forum and merge all the threads into one, to make space for the next series... probably Blade of the Immortal.

Archangel
Wed, 07-30-2008, 09:39 PM
So has Furukawa & Nova-Subs stopped subbing this?

Btw Munsu, will you replace this with another anime in the series in fuego forum?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Furukawa&Nova's last release was 10v2. They're still on it, since Nova's IRC says 11 and 12 are coming soon. When they come out, I'll update the release thread too. For anyone who's interested, Otaku-Legend is also finishing up this.

As for your second question, I don't think it's a bad idea to start a " Series En Fuego Suggestion" thread. Leave that idea with you Munsu.

Munsu
Wed, 07-30-2008, 11:14 PM

Btw Munsu, will you replace this with another anime in the series in fuego forum?
When a viable candidate comes. I don't see any series worth going there yet. I was thinking of Blade of the Immortal, but I'm not convinced of there being enough discussion on it yet.

This is not the place to discuss this. So don't reply here.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-03-2008, 03:56 AM

For those who wish to archive this series, the Release Info Thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16151) has been updated with SD and HD releases. HD is completed by Otaku-Legend.

Sapphire
Sun, 12-21-2008, 03:26 PM
This anime turned from funny and enjoyable to holy-fucking-shit-freaking-awesome rather fast, the finale was absolutely amazing, and now I anxiously wait for season two to begin next month..

I have no idea where they might start, especially since they don't have a key to get to the upper portion. Neeba is freaking cool, almost Sasuke like. I guess people will finally be able to thrive in the cave and what not. Question is, how will the series begin? I'm curious to know where the other characters went, hopefully they didn't die! Maybe they will have to be convinced to leave their lives of fame and praise from the various peoples in the kingdom, since would they would now be 'blessed by god' and 'heroes' as Neeba would predict.

Munsu
Mon, 12-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Subbed trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TTODruagaAE

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-29-2008, 07:00 AM
Oh, Jan 8? I thought it was going to be a March release. Pleasant surprise. No new material, but it gets me into the mood for some Druaga again. Hopefully this time it'll lessen the, but not an absence of, comedy, and more action & conspiracy.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 12-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Something to look forward to in the coming year. I hope our main character does not revert to his pathetic self and becomes even more badass as the series unfolds.