View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 53

redcat
Fri, 04-04-2008, 01:28 AM
http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns053.torrent

still has the same OP...

afaik ep 54 has aired also, I assume DB is still working on it

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Well...that was the least climactic thing that ever climaxed.

What exactly made this episode a "special"? It wasn't any longer than a normal episode.

kmkze04
Fri, 04-04-2008, 03:29 AM
Not only that, but they filled half with Sasuke leaving the scene, crybabies, a flashback that described the past 20 episodes in 5 minutes effectively, an awkward "supposed to be funny" scene with Tsunade and Shizune, and Sai daydreaming of Naruto. The only part I actually smiled at was the very end clip of when they took the photo. As for the rest...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT????

redcat
Fri, 04-04-2008, 03:49 AM
it gets worse. the new chars from the new blue bird OP make an appearance at the very end of episode 54, which means they aren't for a movie. new fillers inc ep 55+

Chiodos
Fri, 04-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Your kidding right? Fillers?

Kusanagi
Fri, 04-04-2008, 09:33 AM
so...only half the special?

Uberbaka
Fri, 04-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Now normally I don't even read their press releases, but here it is:

1. The episode will be split in two and released as two files. There is a good reason for this, see below.
2. Naruto switched formats starting with Ep 54, it is now a wide-screen HD show. In order to accommodate the new wide screen format, Dattebayo will change the codec used in its videos. The new release resolution will be 856x480.

The raws are double episodes so it's true.

Kraco
Fri, 04-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Alright! We will get fillers in widescreen! Let's rejoice!

Psyke
Fri, 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Wide screen? Finally and its about time. Haven't been watching the past few episodes though, especially with all the negative comments here. Think I'll just wait for the action packed episodes without the flashbacks (if that's possible).

Chiodos
Fri, 04-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Widescreen flashbacks? Nooooo!!
I hope they put more effort in animation and not just "graphic effects"...

redcat
Fri, 04-04-2008, 11:25 AM
maybe this means no more flashbacks for a while because they wont be widescreen.

nah, im sure they will find a way

Uberbaka
Fri, 04-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah, horribly cropped/upscaled flashbacks. Great.

Assertn
Fri, 04-04-2008, 01:04 PM
One Piece used side-bars to solve that problem...

Archangel
Fri, 04-04-2008, 02:27 PM
So was this episode supposed to be in widescreen or that's only for the next ones? Because this episode's effects looked even crapier than normal.

As for the story, i got about 90% of it right except for the part that they instantly teleport themselfs back to the village. I kinda liked the friends part, it was nice

PS: Worry not my friends, that stuff is from Naruto: Shippūden the Movie 2, we won't be seeing fillers for a while :D

KrayZ33
Fri, 04-04-2008, 02:45 PM
well it was a pretty decent episode..

i can't flame like i did last time.. the animation in my eyes was pretty good, i disagree with people demanding better animation and not "widescreen" stuff
(6:40 <3 and i even liked narutos crying this time!)
the animation quality is pretty good lately, if they keep it up (which, i m pretty sure, won't be the case) then i would say it will get about the same fighting quality as fate/stay night or FMP TSR ep.13 (i know that FMP has really nothing to do with something like naruto but well...it looks good)

btw i lol'd in RL when oro held sasukes hand like he was going to say "we have a winnaaaaaaarrr"

the flashbacks weren't that bad either, one was really short (yes really short it was just ~3 seconds, THOSE flashbacks do actually REALLY help to understand the story and intentions of characters!) and one was just a report to kakashi, i think it jiraya explained it to kakashi in the manga too (i don't know, but it could be true ^^ since its logical) and it would have been even more boring without the flashback.

the "good" flashback i was talking about is @ 18:10

you know, it fitted the sentence danzo made just before that flashback and ya.. call me stupid but i would have never associated Sasuke with having "feelings that lead to hatred in the end", yes i know, it sounds stupid... but its just... well i can't explain.. it gets clear once you write it down or read it actually so its nothing new for you guys most likely

but the bond Sasuke created with his brother was once friendly and turned into hatred (emotions > hatred)

its just that i never thought about it this way... i always thought something like "well itachi killed his parents so sasuke wants to avenge them" thats all

and thats exactly why emotions are dangerous in danzos eyes... because they lead to even more fighting (like the saying: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"
well i m pretty sure the saying is different in english ^^)

ya well that doesn't explain it either why i like those flashbacks, i'll just give up ^^

edit:

hmm actually i like the new opening very much, can't wait to see it (in good quality). it sounds a bit like the second one from ookiku furikabutte in my opinion.

@ filler-fear

well actually i don't care much about the story anymore, as long as the fillers are good then thats fine for me to be honest...back then there were a few fillers which were pretty good actually.

the only reasons for me to watchnaruto at the moment is Sasuke / Akatsuki (but not because of itachi or kisame, i think they are VERY boring characters) and some minor characters i like. (maybe even naruto himself if he gains some strength)

btw Sasuke looked like L from death-note during the staring contest this week.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-05-2008, 12:57 AM
@ filler-fear

well actually i don't care much about the story anymore, as long as the fillers are good then thats fine for me to be honestWell no shit Sherlock. If the fillers were good everyone would like them. But they are never, EVER, good. Sometimes they are just less shitty than other times.

The Bounto arc in Bleach is still the best filler I've ever watched.

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Well no shit Sherlock. If the fillers were good everyone would like them. But they are never, EVER, good. Sometimes they are just less shitty than other times.

The Bounto arc in Bleach is still the best filler I've ever watched.

well in naruto i liked that filler with the "curry cooking".. you know the guy with the thunder sword who likes burials so much..
and the first fillers after sasuke went to orochimaro wern't that bad either...
for example when those 3 ninjas tried to kill naruto/sakura/jiraya and that 1 red-haired girl (who was also one of the 3 ninjas before)... the scene when that guy transformed into kabuto and took out his own heart was actually pretty cool!

or wasn't that filler material?

the fillers with the prison and the two thunder-brothers were fun to watch too.

Abdula
Sat, 04-05-2008, 10:09 PM
well in naruto i liked that filler

Wait, what did you just say I like that filler, I mean there is some filler crap that had some potential and obviously could have been good if Kishi had done it himself like Raiga, I think that was his name, and then there is some filler crap which coincidence or not I don't know but actually gets mentioned in the manga the latter of which has the potential to be very bad if you think about it, but filler is filler it just doesn't work.

Anyway lets just say they realize that the anime can't divert from the manga at this point yet for some reason they still want to do fillers then that just leaves this one sad possibility which is they actually incorporate the filler crap with the canon stuff, which they have done before and what do you think you're going to get out of that.

Kusanagi
Sat, 04-05-2008, 10:18 PM
its like they are setting up a filler for after naruto finishes his training in another episode or 4, depending on how much staring is done

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-06-2008, 02:32 AM
well in naruto i liked that filler with the "curry cooking".. you know the guy with the thunder sword who likes burials so much..
and the first fillers after sasuke went to orochimaro wern't that bad either...
for example when those 3 ninjas tried to kill naruto/sakura/jiraya and that 1 red-haired girl (who was also one of the 3 ninjas before)... the scene when that guy transformed into kabuto and took out his own heart was actually pretty cool!
Those were actually some of the best filler arcs. But they still weren't actually "good" episodes. Those were just the "less shitty" ones.

Archangel
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Those were actually some of the best filler arcs. But they still weren't actually "good" episodes. Those were just the "less shitty" ones.

Lol, you took the words out of my mouth ender

The facts that all fillers are bad isn't just because of all the shity villains and situations that the anime guys usually put our beloved characters in, it's just that with no character development they just can't help to be boring.

The only reason you watch naruto is to see what he's going to do next, in the fillers he never really does anything...

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-06-2008, 03:16 PM
actually i watch naruto because i want to see some fights. naruto means nothing for me :/ but it doesn't matter who is fighting there for me.

Assertn
Sun, 04-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah.....with Naruto I knew that filler was filler, which I'm sure gave me a biased opinion in itself, but there's no denying that the best filler is never better than the worst manga arc.

Like with One Piece, for example, I never knew what was filler and what wasn't...but what I did know was that I absolutely hated that dragon arc (didn't find out until sometime later that it was indeed filler)

Archangel
Mon, 04-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Well one piece actually has some nice fillers

I say that if the manga artist needs more time to develop the story in the manga they should just do what bleach did, do one huge filler arc that isnt as good as the real deal but it's better than any other filler known to man.

Chiodos
Wed, 04-09-2008, 01:15 AM
But Bleach has a problem now and it has become TOO close to the manga. It's like...almost dangerous and the fillers will problaby just contain some random picnic/hollow hunt....

Anyways, Naruto Anime isn't really close enough to be called close (correct me if I am wrong here) and I really don't know why they do need fillers right now.
What I can think of is that they need time for the Naruto HD, making it atleast worth watching if it's just another dumbshit episode we'll atleast have eye candy...