Board of Command
Thu, 04-03-2008, 10:47 PM
First episode airs: THIS SUNDAY! APRIL 6, 2008

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4075/8071zp5.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9173

Lucifus
Thu, 04-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh my gods, I'm getting my jollies off!:D

Didn't know it was so soon. WF is apparently not dead; wonder how long it'll take for a sub to surface.

oyabun
Fri, 04-04-2008, 12:58 AM
This is gonna be awesome!!

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Damn. I was rather hoping it would air on a Thursday or something, so the subs would come out on the weekend. Oh well, this is good news, no matter how you look at it.

kenren
Sat, 04-05-2008, 06:53 AM
To think it's finally here. 1 word, WOW!
I'm so looking forward to this. :)

FelixZeroAlastor
Sat, 04-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Aw Sunday? I was hoping earlier so I could watch it this weekend like Buffalobiian. Still though FREAKING SWEET!!! I have never been this excited for an anime release since Tengen Toppa. Can't wait.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-06-2008, 02:04 AM
IT'S FINALLY AIRING!!! (sorry guys, not a release post. :p ). Would you say, give it 5 days with the Karaoke?

rockmanj
Sun, 04-06-2008, 03:54 AM
Whats with that fancy outfit Suzaku's sporting?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-06-2008, 04:44 AM
Whats with that fancy outfit Suzaku's sporting?

See here for details. Pretty much info from comercials, magazines and stuff. Classed as minor spoilers.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008/03/10/code-geass-an-r2-primer/

Least spoiling answer: he's promoted

oyabun
Sun, 04-06-2008, 08:26 AM
OMG the raw is out!!! GO SUBBERS! GO GO!! ... please!

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I see at least 3 different raw sources... lol.

GG seems alive one day, and dead another...
Menclave has a status for Code Geass R2 already... but seeing their slowness with Gundam 00 I don't want to get the episode from them...

oyabun
Sun, 04-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Still waiting for the sub, I wonder who will pick up this series. Shintahikari already watched the raw..:(

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Shinta always watched the raws. It was actually a problem here in the forums last season when comments came before any sub was even remotely released.

It's not that I wouldn't as well if I could, but Geass is one of those series where if you're not absolutely sure what is being said, you're missing 3/4 of the content in the episode.

oyabun
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Well your right about missing the content if you can't fully understand japanese.. I can watch raw animes but only those sport and comedy types. Unlike geass, you can easily understand simple conversations. :)

animus
Sun, 04-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Code Geass R2 Episode 1 h264 - gg (http://xabin.mine.nu:3335/file?info_hash=F%B8%C3%24%D7%D1%29%1B%B6f%90m%C7q% A3%19%90%C8%1C%D9)

Dunno if that's real, DL'ing!

Board of Command
Sun, 04-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks. I'm downloading too.

IT BETTER BE REAL!

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-06-2008, 03:08 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE

animus
Sun, 04-06-2008, 04:04 PM
It's real, just finished downloading!

Yukimura
Sun, 04-06-2008, 04:10 PM
I will also confirm, gg DID release a subbed Geass R2 in its beautiful 1280x720p glory and it was an awesome ep. (can't guarantee that's not the hype talking though).

Visually it just looked awesome with the upgrades they made to effects, there was action, there was fanservice, there was Yes, My Lord, there was Lelouch being who we like him for, there was very little Suzaku and most importantly there...was...C.C. This first ep was quite promising much like the first ep of the series was.

Some thoughts on the scenes from the OP only.
C.C.'s new outfit was amazing, I demand a wallpaper of her in it.

Holy predictions coming true...Batman, the emporers Right eye!

I'm very disappointed they couldn't they come up with new mech designs for the new characters. I got enough Kyrios, Virtue, and Throne Eins in Gundam 00 and I was hoping for something slightly more out of the box.

Is that...Orange-kun?!

WTF...Rollo gets a Knightmare?!

Board of Command
Sun, 04-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm trying to study for my finals and this had to happen. Goddamn it...

MFauli
Sun, 04-06-2008, 04:20 PM
is this subbed already?=

animus
Sun, 04-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Awesome, I was so confused at first, but it was almost like a reenactment of the first episode of the first season.

The episode was great, here's to hoping the rest of the series gets better and better.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 04-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Yuh, the beginning was so weird, but it all kind of fell into place after a few minutes. The one thing I'm pondering about though is his brother. Who the heck is that?

Britannian farm, no that's a good joke.

My god, that was a totally mindblowing episode, really sucks it had to end so fast. But having to wait a week for the next episode is just unbearable, might as well wait until the series is done and watch it all together.

David75
Sun, 04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Yuh, the beginning was so weird, but it all kind of fell into place after a few minutes. The one thing I'm pondering about though is his brother. Who the heck is that?

Britannian farm, no that's a good joke.

My god, that was a totally mindblowing episode, really sucks it had to end so fast. But having to wait a week for the next episode is just unbearable, might as well wait until the series is done and watch it all together.
It's more confortable as you can watch the story at your own pace and not lose key details due to the long wait beetween eps.
But you loose the interaction with other people watching the series as soon as a sub arrives.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 04-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Both valid points :D, have to see next episode anyhow since this totally knocked my socks off.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-06-2008, 05:31 PM
is this subbed already?=

Yes, your Highness!

btw i wonder how CC told the black knights who Lelouch really is... and their reactions.. hmmmm and what could possible happened to Suzaku back then
and her sister

I demand information, NOW!

*yes, my lord*

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 04-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Well to me, the black knights must not have known about Lelouch. CC did after all say that she was the only one who knew his identity, or didn't she, now I'm uncertain, at least I thought she did. Maybe she just assured them somehow that they needed Lelouch or something, it seemed strange since one of the black knights fired at Lelouch or his brother (didn't quite see the shot).

Board of Command
Sun, 04-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes, your Highness!

btw i wonder how CC told the black knights who Lelouch really is... and their reactions.. hmmmm and what could possible happened to Suzaku back then
and her sister

I demand information, NOW!

*yes, my lord*
Kallen found out who Zero was.

Inazuma
Sun, 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I am not the one making a mistake, the world is.

Pure Gold, CG's trademark

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Freaking awesome...

Animation was superb... action fantastic... Kallen goodness...

And I guess the following episodes will reveal what really happened between Lelouch and the idiot Suzaku at the island... how did Lelouch come to lose his memories? How come no one at school questions the existance of Rollo and the dissapearance of Nunnally? Work of the emperor? VV?

Loved the freaking ending. Very CLAMP-ish. If someone can get me a screen / render of Kallen's image at the ending, with no text, I will thank it absolutely.

Inazuma
Sun, 04-06-2008, 08:38 PM
You'll need creditless ending for that, I tried but the credits fade in fade out don't let a frame without scribling on it.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:09 PM
You'll need creditless ending for that, I tried but the credits fade in fade out don't let a frame without scribling on it.

Yeah. I noticed =/
The dude from the 'memento' blog was saying the same thing.

Can't wait for a dvd to be released with creditless ending... I absolutely need a wallpaper with that image.

Or a signature if Lucifus wishes to do something non CC related :D

neflight86
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Absolutely wonderful first episode to get back on the geass train with. The first season had me captivated, and this one shows no signs of letting me down. After all of the permutations I could ponder of how they could have possibly taken the remainder of the story and present it after such a cliffhanger without dissapointing the theatric nature of the show and pacing it's fans love, I never would have guessed a time lapse. NEVER. Ladies and gentelemen; I think we're in for a 'wild ride'.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:31 PM
And I guess the following episodes will reveal what really happened between Lelouch and the idiot Suzaku at the island... how did Lelouch come to lose his memories? How come no one at school questions the existance of Rollo and the dissapearance of Nunnally? Work of the emperor? VV?
I have to say right off from the start, I fucking hate Rollo. I don't know why, I don't even care why. I would not discount him to be the cause of Lelouch's memory loss. Not to mention everyone else in the Academy. It was really, really odd that no one cared. It hadn't been that long, Shirley is back to being in innocent love with Lelouch by the looks of things. No mention of Nina, no concern about Nunnally, and Viletta who should be damn sure Lelouch is Zero is content to chase him around as the gym teacher? Everyone has accepted Rollo for some reason.

But around all this, Rollo is accepted as Lelouch's only brother, perhaps even as his only sibling. At the Babel tower, he was doing his best to keep Lelouch away from not only the Black Knights, but Kallen specifically as well. He didn't want Lelouch to face the chess guy over abusing Kallen. "Because he's a gangster." ? I'm calling bullshit on that right now. Rollo knew.

I don't know what, don't know how, and don't know why, but Rollo is definitely behind something.

Outside of that, looks like we're off to a great start. Kallen in a bunny suit, C.C. being herself as usual, and an amazing way of getting Lelouch back into being Zero (flames all around).

Like the phoenix rising....

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Yes! Kallen eye candy! I believe they threw in 3 seconds of C.C. eye candy as well. Great way to start off the new season. Great new opening and awsome clamp style ending. I must get my hands on that pic of Kallen.

Wow can't believe it took me all of 2 seconds to start hating Suzaku like the rest of you Ugh. now he's a tool being used by the bastard himeself. Good job Suzaku. Just when I thought you couldn't sink any lower in the world.

Board of Command
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:38 PM
I have to say right off from the start, I fucking hate Rollo. I don't know why, I don't even care why. I would not discount him to be the cause of Lelouch's memory loss. Not to mention everyone else in the Academy. It was really, really odd that no one cared. It hadn't been that long, Shirley is back to being in innocent love with Lelouch by the looks of things. No mention of Nina, no concern about Nunnally, and Viletta who should be damn sure Lelouch is Zero is content to chase him around as the gym teacher? Everyone has accepted Rollo for some reason.

But around all this, Rollo is accepted as Lelouch's only brother, perhaps even as his only sibling. At the Babel tower, he was doing his best to keep Lelouch away from not only the Black Knights, but Kallen specifically as well. He didn't want Lelouch to face the chess guy over abusing Kallen. "Because he's a gangster." ? I'm calling bullshit on that right now. Rollo knew.

I don't know what, don't know how, and don't know why, but Rollo is definitely behind something.

Outside of that, looks like we're off to a great start. Kallen in a bunny suit, C.C. being herself as usual, and an amazing way of getting Lelouch back into being Zero (flames all around).

Like the phoenix rising....
I'm pretty sure Rollo is someone the Empire arranged to babysit and monitor Lelouch. I don't see any other role for him to possibly play.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I wonder... why did those guys choose to follow Lelouch to get to CC? Do they know (openly, as oppossed as just Suzaku, the emperor and Cornelia) that Lelouch was Zero?

It could make sense with Ryllharu's theory of Rollo working for the emperor.

oyabun
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:51 PM
The last part was awesome! Suzaku looks like the main villain now..heh

Board of Command
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:54 PM
I wonder... why did those guys choose to follow Lelouch to get to CC? Do they know (openly, as oppossed as just Suzaku, the emperor and Cornelia) that Lelouch was Zero?

It could make sense with Ryllharu's theory of Rollo working for the emperor.
We're led to believe that the Empire captured Lelouch when he faced off against Suzaku while Kallen escaped. They supposedly brainwashed him. How they suppressed his geass remains a mystery though.

TheBladeChild
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:57 PM
This episode was just AWESOME.

My favorite part was at the end where Lulu was talking to himself about changing the world and then sudden the Gurren and that other nightmare came in asking for orders. C.C. outfit was great in the opening cant wait for the next episode.

And im really surprise that Lucifus isnt in here right after the episode's been subbed.

Inazuma
Sun, 04-06-2008, 10:12 PM
The last part was awesome! Suzaku looks like the main villain now..heh

Show has a mastermind ( Zero ) but no real villain. And if Suzaku is the one supposed to be the bad guy I am going to saw this show's bulllocks off.
I mean Gates from FMP:R2 is a villain - Vicious and Vincent Volaju from Cowboy Bebop are villains ...

But come on, Suzaku ? You gotta be shittin me

Death13a
Sun, 04-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Eclipse's MKV and AVI version:

[Eclipse] Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - 01 (1280x720 h264) [64ECBBAE].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2001%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b64ECBBAE%5d.mkv.tor rent)

[Eclipse] Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - 01 (XviD) [43EEA862].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2001%20(XviD)%20%5b43EEA862%5d.avi.torrent)

I stick to eclipse avi version my comp can handle hd avi but not hd mkv.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-06-2008, 10:24 PM
I only want GG to be this fast the whole season...

My computer doesn't run HD of any kind... thankfully I have the laptop from work XD

Lucifus is indeed missing... guess he has not noticed. Or maybe he is re-playing all CC's scenes.

I just want Suzaku to have scenes because it would mean to see the girl that was besides him, in front of the emperor. I wont say her name, since it was not mentioned on the episodes (those that readed the previews from magazines know it)

EDIT:
just for the sake of adding another group...

T-K (whoever they may be) has posted episodes 1 as well
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=15261

Avix-man (another unknown)
http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=5587

Board of Command
Sun, 04-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I only want GG to be this fast the whole season...
If you check out their website, they explain what happened over the past little while. They had some internal disputes and got back together only to sub Code Geass. If you want reliability and speed, then it's probably better to stick with Eclipse. They've never let anyone down. I'm downloading the Eclipse version right now to see how it stacks up against gg.

Btw, what's with the filesizes of the 720p versions? 350 MB for one episode is pretty shitty. Hopefully I won't have to re-encode some episodes to fit the whole series on one DVD9. x264 encoding is a huge pain in the ass.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-06-2008, 10:41 PM
I can't believe I'm at uni while this is happening!!!!!!! Anyway, I'm low on quota, so can anyone who's watched both releases give a recommendation? I can't afford to get both. Not until my month rolls over....I want to watch this so badly.....

shinta|hikari
Sun, 04-06-2008, 10:48 PM
I have returned (to make substantial comments, at least).

I waited until practically everyone has commented on this episode, just to avoid spoiling anyone, which I may or may not have done with my comments last season as Ryll has said.

I'm pretty sure it was V2 that sealed Lelouch's memories and his geass. No other person could have done it otherwise. Britannia most likely knows of Zero's identity and monitored him, as they said, to lure C.C. out.

The ending was a copy of the first season, but since it was intentional rather than due to the lack of creative storytelling, it is more than acceptable. The violet flames also gave an incredible effect for Zero's revival.

"I am not the one mistaken, the world is." - Finally, finally, this line. I've had it in my sig since the end of last season, and I had to wait for this season for it to make sense, at least to those who aren't geass addicts.

The thing I'm waiting for right now is Kallen and Lelouch's meeting. How will they react? How does Kallen view Lelouch/Zero? Its quite amazing she simply decided to swallow everything C.C. said, considering the enmity between them since last season. I guess the events in some sound episodes really helped in this area.

C.C. is hot in her new outfit, but that isn't really surprising. It is sort of a mix between a china dress and the black knights uniform.

The face Suzaku made when the fucking bastard shot Lelouch was disgusting. It couldnt look more villainous even if he tried. Oh wait, it did, after he said the line "we're friends aren't we?". He definitely has to die now.

I agree with Ryll about Rollo being a despicable character, but I doubt his mystery lies in any plotting on his part. If anything, he might even be used by Britannia or brainwashed himself. Or maybe I was just fooled by his really good yaoi-like acting towards his "brother". I guess they had to put someone like Rollo beside Lelouch to replace Nunally, otherwise that gap will be too noticeable and Lelouch might break out of the seal himself.

Will Lelouch's geass be permanent again? It seemed like he activated it in the preview, which shouldn't be the case if it is constantly working.

Salvation from boredom and mediocrity after about a year. Finally it has begun.

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Well I guess Suzaku can give up all the false pretenses of working on the inside to change Britainnia for the better. He's a cold Britainnian pawn now, the look on his face when he spoke to the emperor tells all. I guess the poor sod snapped when Euphie bit the dust.

And I agree with the earlier statements, I had thought Rollo was really Lelouch's long lost brother, but I'm guessing he's connected to the emperor somehow, and the geass as well, since he must have knowledge of it if they chose him to babysit lelouch.

Interesting to see how Zero will act next, considering his army has all but been destroyed. I also wonder what happened to the psycho girl nina lol.

animus
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:23 PM
That Chinese Federation dude with the sword looks to be a huge badass.

Yukimura
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I want to shout this from the mountain tops, if you're choosing between Neo-gg and Eclipse CHOOSE ECLIPSE!

I have enough juice to watch both HD releases at once and the Eclipse subs consistently made more sense with what was going on in the story. Plus, in my encoding novice but veteran HD anime watching opinion the Eclipse subs looked 'better'. The lines seemed sharper and the colors just felt more 'right' as well, however it was really hard for me to tell them apart at first and I doubt a casual observer would find much to complain about with Neo-gg's visual quality, but it's the subs that put the nail in Neo-gg's coffin for me. Speed is good, but Eclipse is known for consistency and if they're going to lag gg by 6-8 hours I think I can stand to just wait for them.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:36 PM
comparative screenshots will be nice Yuki

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Yukimura is right. That HD version Eclipse did does this show so much justice. I just streamed it to my HD TV and let me tell you it looks way better. I love Eclipse. They do the most awsome jobs.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Guess I'll redownload and watch for myself (tomorrow)

narutosharingan
Mon, 04-07-2008, 12:18 AM
I downloaded gg's, but I'll give eclipse a try as well. I prefer avi anyway, and I didn't care too much for the subs of gg's. I wonder if anyone else will try subbing?

What an awesome way to start the season. I doubt that Britannia did anything to screw with Lelouch's memories, because I don't think they could do that. As was mentioned, it was likely V2 or some other force that did that. Obviously Britannia must know otherwise they couldn't monitor Lelouch. Which makes me wonder, just who in Britannia knows Lelouch's identity, or even that Lelouch is alive? Just the higher ups and the emperor? That should be interesting to find out.

oyabun
Mon, 04-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Yes the C2 Outfit was hot. But the main hot maiden in this episode is none other than KALLEN! oh yeah bunny!

Yukimura
Mon, 04-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Too late, too tired, maybe tomorrow. Anyway, one thing that no one seems to want to talk about but would be big news...the Emperor has a Geass! V.V. being his contracted alien seems a given but what might his power be? I'm not sure what exactly would be befitting of him, maybe inspiring eternal loyalty and devotion instead of following a single specific command. That would be interesting.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 04-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Dam you Yuki I was gonna comment on the Emperor's geass. I wonder what power his geass has.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-07-2008, 03:57 AM
...probably something to make Lelouch think he has a little douchebag of a brother.

I highly doubt Kallen will be going back to school, since she's been labeled as Japanese now. Guess there's no more Kallen Stadtfeld, she's a Kouzuki for sure now.

I know that it is a sideplot of a sideplot, but I can't wait until they spring all the captured Black Knights and Viletta meets Ougi again. I'm sure it's no coincidence that Viletta ended up being a teacher of all things, just like Ougi used to be.

Inazuma
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:34 AM
By the way, Britannians got a serious power boost with new KMs and elite Knights and all ...

How the remnants of the OBK is going to even put up a fight against that ?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-07-2008, 05:06 AM
. I wonder if anyone else will try subbing?

Menclave is. Though, I doubt their quality gain over Eclipse, if any, is enough to justify the wait. They're behind right from the word go, and they're handicapped with a pile of Gundam backlog.

I want to shout this from the mountain tops, if you're choosing between Neo-gg and Eclipse CHOOSE ECLIPSE!

Will do. Download in 3 hrs.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 06:55 AM
btw i don't know why but lelouch had ULTRA BIG hands sometimes... and his movement was kinda gay sometimes
i can't wait to see him as Zero again, because his face is somehow annoying :/

animus
Mon, 04-07-2008, 07:01 AM
btw i don't know why but lelouch had ULTRA BIG hands sometimes... and his movement was kinda gay sometimes
i can't wait to see him as Zero again, because his face is somehow annoying :/

Did you watch season 1? Welcome to CLAMP character designs.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 07:15 AM
ya i did, but i can't remember it to be THAT gay looking..
wow.. just rewatched the last episode and its exactly the same.. geee... lelouch is gay (like his name) ^^

those britannia officers and soldiers are the only ones who look normal

edit: i won't take that back, because its true :O @ reps ^^

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-07-2008, 07:20 AM
ya i did, but i can't remember it to be THAT gay looking..
wow.. just rewatched the last episode and its exactly the same.. geee... lelouch is gay (like his name) ^^

<---:mad:

Inazuma
Mon, 04-07-2008, 07:37 AM
Gay name ?
Lelouch sounds french. Words : "Le + Louche" = The + Shady/Suspect.

Gay Art Design ?
Clampish indeed, it seems that a show can't have both hi-grade art and hi-grade plot line. Wish the art was more like Yukikaze's wih it's own identity instead of some Deja vu.

Btw four pages in two days ? Seems that our Gotwoot community already loves the show.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 07:44 AM
edit: ~~~

but yes the art design is a bit ..hmm, well "too much"... REALLY huge eyes.. REALLY huge hands and so on but REALLY.. small bodies (its like 50% are anorexic, not everyone, but lelouch for example has so freaking thin legs... it looks like his legs will break if he starts moving... his hands are, compared to his arms, very big too)

well but i don't know why i didn't realize it earlier... maybe i watched too many high-quality animes between the 2 seasons.

btw its just the character design which is somehow a bit "ugly"... the movements from lelouch seemed a bit overdone(at least in the end where he was swinging his arm and hiding his eye like some weird ..well gayboy..) however the movements of the mechas are really well done, i liked that part where that mech covered lelouch with his arm for example. its really rich in detail .. yes.. VERY rich in detail

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Wow, I don't see why everyone here is having a Rollo-hating fest. He seems like an upstanding dude. And if anyone was tailing and recording all of Lelouch's movements I doubt it be him, I think it's more logical for it to have been Viletta since there is absolutely no reason for her to be in that school. I think that Rollo might even join Lelouch because he looks up to him like crazy.

Yukimura
Mon, 04-07-2008, 08:42 AM
@KrayZ33: That's just what you get when a mecha/action studio like Sunrise gets piss drunk and has unprotected sex with an artsy chick studio like CLAMP.

I'm not sure I've ever seen CLAMP create a decently manly looking character without ruining him with either long hair, a frilly outfit, an effeminate personality or all three.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 08:53 AM
well, but i like their "madness faces"

both that officer in the first episode of season 1 and season 2 had such great happiness in their eyes when killing themselves

<3

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Code Geass always had such art. A friend of mine actually refrained from continuing the series mainly because Lelouch kept touching his face like a narcissistic fool at times (despite our shared love for C.C.).

I was praying that eclipse would pick up geass, and I guess that was answered.

If its the emperor's power that affected Lelouch, then that means they have met during the time skip. That would be quite interesting to see if its true.

While I could care less if Ougi himself turned into dust, the way Viletta would act sure is catches my interest. I will look out for that side plot as well.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-07-2008, 09:02 AM
CLAMP art is heavily reduced on the series.
True CLAMP designs are in the ending sequence.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Its not really CLAMP art. I think its quite original geass art, which actually compels me to make art in the same style or follow the style when drawing geass characters.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-07-2008, 09:38 AM
That is what I meant.
People where posting about that Lelouch looked gay-ish because of CLAMP... but the ending sequence shows how the series would have looked if the CLAMP art would have been used 100% of the time.

Particularly I like the Geass art. But I will not deny I was very pleased to see this ending, and desire a Kallen wallpaper / signature with that render.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 09:41 AM
That is what I meant.

Particularly I like the Geass art. But I will not deny I was very pleased to see this ending, and desire a Kallen wallpaper / signature with that render.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6613/vlcsnap108059vb4.th.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap108059vb4.jpg)

best i can do with paint xD

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8161/vlcsnap10805922aw4.th.png (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap10805922aw4.png)

this one might be a little better,

however i don't have paintshop or something ... done with MSpaint + gimp

someone with a bit paintshop-expierence should be able to do it easily i think

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 10:08 AM
The second one was pretty damn awesome, you don't wanna do CC as well? :D

MFauli
Mon, 04-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Wow, just watched it, great start.

And Karen was super hot XD

Though i have to say that this episode felt almost TOO much like Death Note, you know. But then again i love Death Note, so im not complaining.
Man, i cant wait to see what Zero will do now.

When is the next subbed episode coming out?

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 10:31 AM
The second one was pretty damn awesome, you don't wanna do CC as well? :D

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8347/ccbg7.th.jpg (http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ccbg7.jpg)
the version of her with more light is difficult to do so i started with this one... but i m pretty sure i could do the same with the more bright version..its just easier to see that its edited then... dunno if this is good enough.. as i said i've absolutely no paintshop experience.

this is the brighter version (without editing)

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/1089/vlcsnap138533kt0.th.jpg (http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap138533kt0.jpg)

but i think the colours of the darker one are somewhat "stronger and deeper"...

i can't get the chains right ^^ the TBS-logo at the upper left should be very easy to edit

animus
Mon, 04-07-2008, 11:24 AM
CLAMP art is heavily reduced on the series.
True CLAMP designs are in the ending sequence.

Those designs are nearly identical if you didn't notice. You can't expect the designs to look exactly as those in the ending as they're handrawn, and you're working with a studio like Sunrise that pumps out stuff with high production values and signature giant eyes (ala Gundam Seed).

Takuma
Mon, 04-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I agree with shinta|hikari . His memory loss must of have something to do with VV. Also like we have seen before geass's can be overcome so it isnt a problem that Lelouch got his memory back.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I agree with shinta|hikari . His memory loss must of have something to do with VV. Also like we have seen before geass's can be overcome so it isnt a problem that Lelouch got his memory back.

if we take in consideration that he totally forgot about his little sister thats most likely what happened... maybe VV kidnapped her and brought her to the king. (maybe it has to do with her eyes since she is blind?) who knows

but why didn't they kill lelouch?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I posted this a while ago in the wallpaper section, but since someone asked for it here are some wallpapers made from the "clamp" ending of geass r2.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb258/shinta_hikari/chainedangel.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb258/shinta_hikari/hellsangel.jpg

These are just 1028x819 due to file restrictions. Just pm me or reply here if anyone wants the full 1280x1024 size.

@animus - No, they are not alike. The differences are clear, not just in quality. The style is quite different, as can be seen in how they use more realistic proportions for the face and rounder features, unlike the sharp and sleek style of code geass art. This amount of variation is done consciously, not simply resulting from putting more effort or having more time to draw it. This change in art style from the show to the op/ed theme is commonly done in numerous anime, and geass is not an exception now.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 11:58 AM
why didn't you say so earlier... :(

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-07-2008, 12:10 PM
I posted this a while ago in the wallpaper section, but since someone asked for it here are some wallpapers made from the "clamp" ending of geass r2.

These are just 1028x819 due to file restrictions. Just pm me or reply here if anyone wants the full 1280x1024 size.

You are my hero. I wish for the 1280 version of Kallen please :D

KrayZ33: thanks!

Animus:
I was trying to say that. A studio obviously has its own art and everything. Thus, the Geass art is based on the original designs by CLAMP.

Pure CLAMP art is found on the new ending.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 12:11 PM
@Krayz - Was too busy trying to make a sig and failing to check this thread.

@RZ - here it is. It should be in proper size in deviantart.

http://shinta-hikari.deviantart.com/art/hell-s-angel-82153655

animus
Mon, 04-07-2008, 12:48 PM

@animus - No, they are not alike. The differences are clear, not just in quality. The style is quite different, as can be seen in how they use more realistic proportions for the face and rounder features, unlike the sharp and sleek style of code geass art. This amount of variation is done consciously, not simply resulting from putting more effort or having more time to draw it. This change in art style from the show to the op/ed theme is commonly done in numerous anime, and geass is not an exception now.

"Not alike" is a huge stretch. That's like saying Fairy Tail's art has no similarity at all to One Piece. The style is not as different as you think. The sharp and sleek style is the result of the use in high quality animation tools and programs. I acknowledged they had slight differences already, but it's clear they are ALIKE. Geass's art actually has more rounder features than CLAMP's as evident by Rollo, the new Blond Knight and the pink haired girl next to Suzaku at the end.

The only really clear differences is Lelouch's hairstyle and the overall larger more bubbly eyes in Geass. The rest are within the realm of human error and approximation.

FelixZeroAlastor
Mon, 04-07-2008, 12:49 PM
if we take in consideration that he totally forgot about his little sister thats most likely what happened... maybe VV kidnapped her and brought her to the king. (maybe it has to do with her eyes since she is blind?) who knows

but why didn't they kill lelouch?

I think they chose not to kill Lelouch because they wanted to get C.C. I doubt the Emperor will stand for her to run free anymore since he is all for power.

After watching the episode again I can't help but wonder how the hell they intend to escape. I mean they only have 2 real good Knightmares, and after a year I'm pretty sure Suzaku is probably better than ever. Not to mention that if Lelouch decides to use the Knightmare that C.C. found him in it'll probably fall completly apart after Suzaku sees him like always. Maybe the guys from China will help them out.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 01:01 PM
@animus - What I meant was that its a different way of drawing the characters altogether. Of course it has to bear some similarity to the original, otherwise the characters wont be recognizable, but the changes that are there are conscious deviations. CLAMP style is definitely more round than geass (ie CCSakura) but of course the bishies are usually sleek faced. From your last post, it seemed that you were implying that they are very similar, and that the changes are simply caused by the use of high quality animation tools and whatnot. Im simply trying to say that isnt the real reason for the difference, but rather the artists chosen style of drawing those images.

@Yuki - Here is the other wallpaper.

http://shinta-hikari.deviantart.com/art/chained-angel-82156733

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 01:09 PM
. I mean they only have 2 real good Knightmares, and after a year I'm pretty sure Suzaku is probably better than ever. .

thats what i love about this series.. its not like gundam :/

Yukimura
Mon, 04-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks shinta, however I believe 1280x1024 versions were hinted at, your devientart pics seem to be 600x480.

@KrayZ: Geass as a whole may not be like Gundam, but there is still a strong similarity between it and Gundam as far as Suzaku is concerned.

With no special Knightmare training ever hinted at Suzaku just hopped into a brand new, state of the art mecha and piloted it better than anyone else ever had. Then he would go one to single handedly turn the tide of most of the battles he got involved with ruining good plans and scratching out a victory from what should have been a hopeless situation. This is all aided in no small part by his semi-divine mechs ability to slice/blast through almost any obstacles.

Fortunately Suzaku shouldn't be anywhere near where Lelouch is so Lelouch can come up with a plan to get them out that has a reasonable chance of success. However I can't remember the preview off the top of my head so maybe Suzaku is actually in Japan (why would the Emperor be in Japan?) in which case he'll probably show up and ruin things somehow without fail.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 01:31 PM
You have to download them using the download link at the left of the picture, then the actual 1280 size will appear.

Suzaku was actually top class as a pilot from the simulations/trainings he has had before riding lancelot. The only reason he wasnt an actual ace pilot is because he is an 11. Im not exactly sure about this info though, but I vaguely remember it from the early parts of CGS1.

Escape is assured (from what I can see in the preview). The encounter with Suzaku and Lancelot isnt likely too happen too soon.

David75
Mon, 04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Gay name ?
Lelouch sounds french. Words : "Le + Louche" = The + Shady/Suspect.

Gay Art Design ?
Clampish indeed, it seems that a show can't have both hi-grade art and hi-grade plot line. Wish the art was more like Yukikaze's wih it's own identity instead of some Deja vu.

Btw four pages in two days ? Seems that our Gotwoot community already loves the show.

Yes Lelouch is too near from Le Louche to not be a hint from french language.

Louche comes from the verb Loucher that means to squint or to have one's eye on
When something is Louche, it means it is suspicious.

I like this name because it has 2 meanings from suspicious, to the squint problem he has due to the Geass.
Lelouch could also be a token of affection towards Claude Lelouch, a french film director. I wonder if other major names can be related to artists over the world.

Regarding the ep, I'm not sure I understood this 7 years leap. It seems obvious that it wasn't 7 years from the last time Zero appeared, because no one seems 7 years older.

For the seal of his memories, I guess it was a sort of emergency procedure applied to him so that his Geass doesn't gain more strenght, as it was starting to be uncontrolable. It could be some kind of recovery time needed for his body to be able to hold and control Geass again, for some time at least.

Then I guess what is missing is why Karen and other blacknights member know about Lelouch being Zero (maybe I lost memory of last season?)
Suzaku seems motivated in killing Lelouch too, there's no hint telling us he would'nt remember Zero is Lelouch.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 01:36 PM
And for those who doesn't want the sucky klich&#233; "hell's angel written all over the place, here is a removal of that by a friend of mine. He said he was gonna do text removal on the original with all the credits in tomorrow as well.

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hellsangelco2.jpg

Wasn't the 7 years the years when the first war started and ended, remember, at the beginning of the first season you see Lelouch as a whelp in the midst of a war-zone or something like that.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Then I guess what is missing is why Karen and other blacknights member know about Lelouch being Zero (maybe I lost memory of last season?)
Suzaku seems motivated in killing Lelouch too, there's no hint telling us he would'nt remember Zero is Lelouch.

uhm.. because karen was there when lelouch faced suzaku :O?

she went after him

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about someone not only calling the text on a wallpaper I made sucky and cliche (which it may very well be), but also editing it then reposting it without so much as a word to me. I'm not saying it is a crime or anything, but I would have liked some sort of notice, especially after such criticism.

EDIT: I could have posted one without text you know, considering that it will only take me two seconds to make the text invisible then save it as a jpeg file. A simple request would have sufficed.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Sorry, didn't realize you actually made them, guess I wasn't paying enough attention. And about the criticism, I have two problems, the first is the spelling of her name which of course is enough to cause debate, needless to say, I'd go for the katakana Karen カレン, which I believe makes more sense since it's a fairly common name in western culture.

But the big problem would be the Hell's Angel which could be reffering to the MC club Hell's Angels who are very well known for their organized crime all over the western world, not only in the US but also in Europe, not to mention Sweden where I come from which just is a bad association.

Edit: And of course, had I known you were the creator, I would have asked you. Because other than that, you id a helluva job removing the text.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Its no problem since you thought I didn't make them in the first place. Constructive criticism is always welcome, especially with the explanation that you gave in the last post.

I honestly didnt know there was such an organization called "hell's angels". Still, that is simply me being ignorant and is no excuse for using the same name and making it sound copied. Its always good to learn something new.

Im personally not sure which is the true name for Kallen/Karen so I just put down what came to mind. Anyway, this is going off topic and its half my fault, so lets end this here.

@David - what do you mean by Lelouch's squint problem due to his geass?

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 03:06 PM

isn't this a pokemon attack to reduce the opponents defence?

btw where did he say lelouch has a squint problem?
i thought that "loucher" or something in france means "to squint" or so.

@ David:

was it 7 years? i thought they said 1 year.

Yukimura
Mon, 04-07-2008, 03:11 PM
It was bugging me so I looked up Suzaku's past and got conflicting reports about whether he was trained and did well but was disregarded because of his status or that he was simply found to be naturally talented in the heat of the moment but had never even gotten tested before due to his 11 status.

Then I rewatched episode 2 where he was godlike at piloting Lancelot when by his own admission he had no experience with Knightmares prior and he'd just read 'most' of the manual. Cecile comments that he'd only had simulation experience but he was 'at the top of his class'. Assuming his claim that he'd never had experience with Knightmares was true I can only assume they gave him the manual, stuck him in the simulator and he did amazingly well in simulated combat for however many hours they had with which to get him ready. Simulation only experiance-> single handedly owning a whole platoon at the ripe old age of 17 seems enough like a divinely gifted Gundam pilot skill to me.

EDIT: Some on topic stuff

It was definitely 1 year from the end of Season 1, some people just don't have/choose not to apply the mental capacity needed to follow a simple progression of time, pity them, but do not hate them.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Well, finally got to watch this. I'm just glad Lelouch is back to his old self now. It seems C.C.'s identity isn't so secretive after the rebellion, and I loved that Chinese fellow's antique. :D

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
7 years passed since Britannia invaded until Zero appeared
1 year has passed since Zero 'died'

Hmmm... edition of someone else's wallpaper... that surely is rude... even if it was done without knowing... but if Shinta makes an untexted one I will be there to download it :D

And I think the correct one is Kallen... will research...

EDIT:
Well... HLJ sells figures of her using the name Kallen, rather than Karen.
http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG80800

Crash
Mon, 04-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Wow, well they sure kicked the season off with a bang. Guess i didn't expect anything less though after last season. Nice to see my utter hatred of Suzaku validated from the very first episode this season. Also was it just me or did the lady standing next to Suzaku at the end look a like an older, not blind, version of Nunnaly?

My only disappointment is that after waiting and wondering so long i still have no idea exactly what happened at the end of last season. Oh well, i'm sure they'll reveal that to us in good time.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Also was it just me or did the lady standing next to Suzaku at the end look a like an older, not blind, version of Nunnaly?

That girl isn't Nunnaly, but she does remind me of Yin from Darker than Black.

David75
Mon, 04-07-2008, 03:54 PM

Well having Geass in one eye only makes his face a bit strange. Maybe I stretched it a little to have the full play on words from the french meaning (squint and suspicious)

MFauli
Mon, 04-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Ah, can anyone explain, why the enemy girl, the one with black skin and silver hair, is on the good side now, and a school mate of Lelouch? I didnt get that part.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:05 PM
its not explained yet... she might be a spy or something like that. btw she's a teacher, not a school mate i think.

i wouldn't mind her beeing my P.E. teacher -^.^-

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I think Viletta has been the one scoping and recording Lelouch's movements. But that theory has one major fault, and that is the fact that she tried to stop him from going to his game where the whole thing was set to take place.

Crash
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:06 PM
That girl isn't Nunnaly, but she does remind me of Yin from Darker than Black.

Well, i didn't necessarily mean that she WAS Nunally. Just that they look a lot a like, as if perhaps she could be of very close relation to Lelouche.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:07 PM
@animus - What I meant was that its a different way of drawing the characters altogether. Of course it has to bear some similarity to the original, otherwise the characters wont be recognizable, but the changes that are there are conscious deviations. CLAMP style is definitely more round than geass (ie CCSakura) but of course the bishies are usually sleek faced. From your last post, it seemed that you were implying that they are very similar, and that the changes are simply caused by the use of high quality animation tools and whatnot. Im simply trying to say that isnt the real reason for the difference, but rather the artists chosen style of drawing those images.
@Shinta: Normally, I wouldn't piddle over details like this, but I don't know how long it has been since you saw the full spread of CLAMP art. It's not that you're wrong per se, just perhaps looking at a much smaller slice.

CLAMP has 4 distinct styles. That is because the four women that comprise CLAMP take turns doing character design, while the other three do the background art, and act as the assistants (except on the parallel Tsubasa/xxxHolic joint, which I imagine is primarily two and two).

- Cardcaptors/Tsubasa style (rounded, yet elongated in later work)
- xxxHolic style (extremely angular, elongated intentionally)
- Chobits/Angelic Layer style (rounded, shorter characters)
- Rayearth/X style (angular, very stereotypically "shoujo art")

The CG R2 ending is very distinctly the xxxHolic style this time around. The final shot of CC looks exactly like Yuuko (another notable witch). Last season, the ED's fit far more with the Cardcaptors style, and the character designs overall fit very much into the Cardcaptors style (with current elongation trends), but with a bit more of the Chobits influence into certain character's facial features. I imagine that the four women each took a bunch of characters and just ran with it.

Cornelia for example, strikes me as a character directly out of the Rayearth style. Hair is similar, she's very angular, etc. Nunnally on the other hand, looks like she popped right out of Chobits.

EDIT:

Ah, can anyone explain, why the enemy girl, the one with black skin and silver hair, is on the good side now, and a school mate of Lelouch? I didnt get that part.
@Mfauli:

It seems to me that Viletta was similarly brainwashed along with the entirety of the Academy. She (and Shirley) should both know damn well that Lelouch is Zero and certainly far from "dead" as Britannia is claiming.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Well, i didn't necessarily mean that she WAS Nunally. Just that they look a lot a like, as if perhaps she could be of very close relation to Lelouche.

isn't she the same girl who's sitting next to that blonde @ the ED?

she doesn't look like nunally there if you ask me. i think her hair is actually pink and looks brown because of the darkness in the room

its probably another girl from that "pink haired princess family" (sry forgot the name ^^)

but then again her eyesbrows look like nunallys.. you know she has this sleepy look "~_~" but it would be weird for her to pilot a knightmare (opening)

well that aside.
since nunally is visible in the opening sitting in her wheelchair with her VERY long BROWN hair.. i think its not her.

edit: btw what is that amulett @ ~13:00 about? did we see this before? because i don't get it at the moment. whats so important about it that they showed it.

and i don't get why that guy from the black knights tried to kill lelouch :/

btw i like the opening.. Lelouch riding that horse is somewhat... different (the camera angle and so on, it somehow fits very well, the song is good too.

edit:
i start to get a feeling that Karen knows the girl we are talking about... because in the opening that girl fires her beam at her and karen started to cry when she finished off that knightmare which got in her way. hmmmm

edit2: oh rollo is the one who wears that necklace... is it Nunally's?

narutosharingan
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Too late, too tired, maybe tomorrow. Anyway, one thing that no one seems to want to talk about but would be big news...the Emperor has a Geass! V.V. being his contracted alien seems a given but what might his power be? I'm not sure what exactly would be befitting of him, maybe inspiring eternal loyalty and devotion instead of following a single specific command. That would be interesting.

Ok, so I don't see this. I went to the end where they showed the emperor, but I didn't see a geass in his eye. Where does it show that the emperor has a geass?

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
in the intro.

Inazuma
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:41 PM
In opening I think, Emperor with Geass spotted but brace yourself it last only for 70frames or so

Kraco
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I think Viletta has been the one scoping and recording Lelouch's movements. But that theory has one major fault, and that is the fact that she tried to stop him from going to his game where the whole thing was set to take place.

I'm not sure Viletta even could play such a part normally. Her behavior in this episode was quite different compared to her old aloof and proud one. Actually her behavior in this episode was more similar to how she was while amnesiac, suggesting that might be the case now as well. That must be somebody's power, unless it's just performed with some clever brainwashing machine.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure Viletta even could play such a part normally. Her behavior in this episode was quite different compared to her old aloof and proud one. Actually her behavior in this episode was more similar to how she was while amnesiac, suggesting that might be the case now as well. That must be somebody's power, unless it's just performed with some clever brainwashing machine.

Well, an amnesiac person is closer to ones personality than a person filled with behavioral changing enviroments. While assuming that position it would be perfectly normal for her to act as herself if she is a spy infiltrating a school for example.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Another "strange" thing I noticed in the episode.

During the scene where Kallen is attempting to escape with Lelouch and Rollo amazingly knocks her down, they show chaos at the elevators. At 13:54 in Eclipse's subs, we see a woman's feet wearing one high heel.

Initially, I assumed this was Kallen trying to get back to Lulu. But in the next scene Kallen appears in, she's got both shoes. I wondered if it was a continuity error so I went back to check. The woman with one shoe is not even wearing pantyhose, much less the fishnets Kallen has on. All the other bunnies had those on as well. So who is this mystery woman?

I'm guessing Raksharta, since there are not many women in Geass who are classy enough to wear high heels.

They did focus on it for several frames to bring it to our attention, so whoever it is must be important somehow.

EDIT: ...Or I could also just be paranoid. Geass will do that to you. If that is the case, I still have to applaud the director's attention to small details like that.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
There is only one person I found who kind of fits the description on the frame at 10:43 in the upper middle. Shorter skirt and red heels. I checked around the house and couldn't find any other person who fits the description better than her. Not much to go on though, legs and a single shoe in the color red :P

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-07-2008, 06:20 PM
But we don't see her face in that scene either...

Maybe I'm on to something after all. Lelouch was still brainwashed, he wouldn't have recognized whoever it is, just like he did not for Kallen.

animus
Mon, 04-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say it's Cornelia.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm going with the Raksharta idea, but that doesn't make too much sense for her to be down with all the action. If I know Geass, we'll know sooner or later. I don't understand why Cornelia would do it, but it's possible. Was was the skin tone like?

The fact that C.C. dispelled Lelouch's brainwashing makes me think it's got something to do with the Emperor's Geass. It's not a strong point as of now, since we haven't seen her dispel the Geass on anyone since Lelouch's actions favour her cause. But if she's immune to it's effect, perhaps she can also dispel it? Consistency wise, she didn't do it to Lelouch when Mao was around, but then the first time she didn't get the opportunity, and the second time she thought he(Mao) was dead.

It could also have been that instant she gave him his powers back too. Actually, that's one of the points that got me thinking. When she was talking to him, she said "We made a pact." Now depending on how you translate that, it could have easily been "We have a contract." Does that mean they're still by the contract and he's simply forgetting, or, as in the made a pact translation, could mean it was made and broken? It would make a difference whether he reacquired the Gease, or just reactivated the Geass.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-07-2008, 07:44 PM
I will grant that Raksharta overseeing this little adventure does not make sense, Britannian forces would be on the lookout for her (though they were providing some leeway to lure CC in). The skin tone was more towards Cornelia since Raksharta is Indian, though it still wasn't really pale enough to be Cornelia (who is exceedingly pale now that I think about the beach special...*drools*).

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I too noticed the shoe-less girl and thought she was Kallen, but soon dismissed it upon seeing her with the Black Knights.

What I want to know is what was with that Black Knight shooting at Lelouch... or rather maybe he was shooting at Rollo?

animus
Mon, 04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I just re-watched the shoe part, and re-watched the beach swimsuit picture book episode as well and I have to say the skin tone looks similiar. Cornelia's pale, but not as pale as Euphie.

The lightning of the blacked out elevator could have an effect on it as well I'd guess.

But then again, that scene could've been completely innane and just there to show how much of a hurry some of these people are to get into the elevator.

@RZ: I thought they were just shooting at everyone Britannian or Eleven, due to the fact that during an intercom transmission one of his subordinates were like "But, Captain a ________ is down there" and he responded "Don't mind the local government, these are orders from The Majesty". And before the scene where Lelouch gets the Geass he noticed the insane pile of bodies were of both sides.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Yes animus. But a particular Black Knight shot at Lelouch and Rollo. I think it was prior to Lelouch falling.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-07-2008, 10:51 PM
@Ryll - Indeed the art style is similar to xxxholic, but even in your description, the majority of CLAMP art tends towards more rounded and shoujo (and bishounen) style characters. I just gave CCS as a majority example.

@Yuki and to anyone who wants it - Here is the no text version of the Kallen wallpaper I made.

http://shinta-hikari.deviantart.com/art/was-hell-s-angel-82216052

Idealistic
Tue, 04-08-2008, 05:49 AM
Hmm.... Did Kallen get brainwashed too or what? When her and Lelouch encountered each other it seemed like they didn't know each other. Then at the end the Kallen and others arrive infront of Lelouch asking for his order. Maybe it was an act? :confused:

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Hmm.... Did Kallen get brainwashed too or what? When her and Lelouch encountered each other it seemed like they didn't know each other. Then at the end the Kallen and others arrive infront of Lelouch asking for his order. Maybe it was an act? :confused:

I think she purposely encountered him that way. As someone who knows Zero's true identity, as well as head of his private army, I think she and C.C., if anybody in the Black Knights, would know what happened to Lelouch. Also, at [Eclipse]8:46, she handed him an ear piece under her handkerchief. Her saying "sorry, I let him get away" further leads me to think she wasn't brainwashed like he was.

Kraco
Tue, 04-08-2008, 06:17 AM
I think that was pretty obvious. It was probably supposed to be some elaborate plot to get him to a location of an easier extraction. Still, they knew as well that Lelouch is a bait so things could go wrong in myriad ways.

narutosharingan
Tue, 04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
The one military guy even mentioned that they took the risk of bringing the bait to the outskirts of the city. I'll bet they figured that the BKs would be more likely to steal away Lelouch when farther away from the city.

mage
Tue, 04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
The person shooting at Lelouch and Rollo was probably missing on purpose to help push him where they wanted him.

DDBen
Tue, 04-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Well after a few days at my lake house and coming back to a completely dead wireless network I finally got a chance to watch this today.

Great episode not at all what I was expecting but it was still a great episode overall. I can't say there is to much to say about it though. They basically just started up the new series the same way as the last one and really were left with a ton of questions but no real answers. I still can't wait for next weeks episode though.

Quick question on subbers at this point I'm thinking I'll go with eclipse due to speed/quality. Anyone have any other suggestions for the current groups doing it?

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-08-2008, 04:24 PM
DDBen, gg did speedsub the first episode out, so if you're really chomping at the bit to watch the week's episode, you should download theirs. However, they still seem to be recovering from their little internal strife, so the subs are not quite what they once were. Eclipse is usually insanely fast with great quality (largely due to streamlining the process and some very talented members that came from all kinds of other groups when they first formed), but on occasion, Eclipse can be a little slower at times.

Don't even bother with anyone else's subs.

If gg wins the speedsub, get theirs. They are still trustworthy and more than adequate. Otherwise, download and archive Eclipse.

Sapphire
Tue, 04-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Bah - So I totally broke and watched the first episode (which was awesome, by the way) but now I shall rely on my willpower to wait till it's over, and marathon it at the end. Damn you IRC chats! XD

KrayZ33
Tue, 04-08-2008, 05:16 PM
is it really a problem to keep in mind what happened the episode before?

because its not like they make a flashback @ the beginning for nothing

i couldn't wait another ~3 months :/

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I give Sapphire two weeks....

I'm already going insane waiting for the next episodes. Come on, we could use another voice in the discussion.

Sapphire
Tue, 04-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Kray - For me I'd rather sit down and enjoy it all at once rather than just getting 20 mins once a week. (And agonizing the entire time)

Ryllharu - You're on! I just enjoy it more when I can marathon something suspenseful and epic, but if I break before the alloted time, I'll come back and discuss. XD

KrayZ33
Tue, 04-08-2008, 05:30 PM
btw does anyone know when the whole opening song will come out?... alrdy downloaded the TVsize but its only 1:30 long, its kinda annoying because its over so fast :/

AND I WANT EPISODE 2, NOW... i want to see CC in Zeros arms <3
btw don't you guys think that Lelouch was kinda unimpressed by CC's kiss? i was like " WEEEEEE they kissed!!!" and lelouch: "get a way... WOMAN! i have to kill"

it made me sad somehow... even though CC has alrdy kissed him in the last episode of season 1, this was much too early

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Ryllharu - You're on! I just enjoy it more when I can marathon something suspenseful and epic, but if I break before the alloted time, I'll come back and discuss. XD
I marathoned last season two times in the past three months in anticipation (and when I got bored). You can always marathon the series later, when it is all said and done to get a better understanding of certain scenes. In a series like...Itazura na Kiss will probably be, it wouldn't matter if you went back, but series like School Days and Geass both deserve marathon rewatches. You get a better understanding of previous scenes because you now know what happens or where something leads, and you're looking out more for strange incidents.

Like the short discussion of who's legs those were wearing only one heel. Is it important? Now, I'm not so sure, but if it does turn out to be, I certainly would have caught it in a rewatch if I had not tried to make something of it here.

In short, there's no need to torture yourself waiting months. The most vocal members of these threads are going to marathon it before the final episode this season, after the final episode this season, or between the final episodes if they do another break like last season.

EDIT: After this post, I give Sapphire a week and a half.

kenren
Tue, 04-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, introducing a younger brother of Lelouch is beyond my expectations. I'm glad Lelouch had his "leader-like voice" back. Opening theme was okay though :p.

Sapphire
Tue, 04-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Ryllharu - Haha. I almost never rewatch anime, and the only exception is Naruto, because after it's all done typically don't care about small details, but I might remarathon Geass 1. (Though I usually get VERY bored when rewatching stuff) Besides if I know what happens it spoils the surprise, and if I watch it all at once I remember what happened previously anyway.

I'll watch it if they end up doing a break. XD And I'm not torturing myself. Yet.

animus
Tue, 04-08-2008, 06:49 PM
I marathonned Season 1 again in anticipation of R2, and it was great. Only series I've ever rewatched were HxH, FMP:Fumoffu and Geass.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
I've rewatched the hack series...

Need Code Geass DVD... (and One Piece DVD).

And for the sake of conversation... no one else said anything about my question regarding the Black Knight shooting Lelouch and Rollo

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-08-2008, 07:10 PM
And for the sake of conversation... no one else said anything about my question regarding the Black Knight shooting Lelouch and Rollo
Sure we did....well, someone did. It's buried along with all this other stuff.

My opinion (at first) on that was the guy was just an idiot, shooting at any Britannians. He may not even have known Lelouch was Zero. Kallen and C.C. clearly told some of the higher ups of what remains, but they'd be stupid to let that information leak out. Lelouch was still allowed to operate in Area 11 under the guise of bait for C.C., but that does not mean he now has to leave school. He would only have to leave if Britannian forces suddenly become hostile towards him. Only the Emperor's special forces, and now Suzaku and crew, know that he is Zero (and very much alive). The brainwashing that the school seems to have undergone (sans Nina, yay!) has returned him to Lelouch Lamperouge.

But if you start from the assumption that he did know it was Zero, then he was definitely shooting at Rollo to separate the two and allow the rest of the Black Knights to "rescue" Lelouch and deliver him to C.C.

Eros935
Tue, 04-08-2008, 08:02 PM
I thought of another possibility

We saw some of the BK were pissed at Zero for abandoning them, so maybe there are some of the resistance with hard feelings toward Zero and wanting revenge? Or even just seeing as Lelouch was trying to protect Rollo and not knowing about the Geass and whatever brainwashing he’s been under just thinks they were betrayed

Thoughts? Ideas? Am I crazy?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM
The only show I have ever rewatched intentionally is Code Geass S1. By intentionally, I mean actually watching it again for the sake of simply enjoying it by myself, not watching it with friends in order to get them into it, or seeing it on TV by chance.

While marathoning is the best way to watch some shows, I believe that code geass does not belong to that classification. It simply has too much mystery and discussion potential to watch in one sitting, without even contemplating what will happen next. The main reason why CG is my favorite show is because they almost always take unexpected turns in both delivery and the direction of the story. While in most shows I can more or less guess what will happen next, geass has foiled my attempts numerous times.

@Eros - not crazy, but unlikely, since if CG does put something odd in its story, it usually has some bearing in the latter parts, unlike what you mentioned.

What about my question about Lelouch's geass? I'm not sure if people discussed it (I think not) but is it still permanent? If it is, the possibility of Lelouch going back to school is really slim. The chance of another Euphie situation occurring should be more than enough deterrent for Lelouch to avoid going to school.

oyabun
Tue, 04-08-2008, 11:16 PM
It should be permanent, now that the seals has been released. Unless C2 had some special way of seeling/unsealing it again.

Eros935
Tue, 04-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Hmm well I don’t know just figure there would be some mistrust at the very least
I don't think it'll effect the events of the plot a whole lot considering Zero is the best (and maybe only) hope to freeing area 11 but it really wouldn't suprise me that some of the population or resistance would have to be won over again by some act down the line

As to your question however, yea I too think its permanent since it didn't seem to disappear after he used it so it at least seems that way

Crash
Tue, 04-08-2008, 11:41 PM
What about my question about Lelouch's geass? I'm not sure if people discussed it (I think not) but is it still permanent? If it is, the possibility of Lelouch going back to school is really slim. The chance of another Euphie situation occurring should be more than enough deterrent for Lelouch to avoid going to school.

It's hard to say. It was off while he was brainwashed and it didn't turn on immediately after CC released his memories and gave him his powers back which tempts me to say it's back under control. However once he did use it they never showed it "switch off" as he spoke at the end of the episode. It could go either way.

Either way though i'd say his day's of lounging around school are done. Even if the Geass was under his control again his enemies know who he is and where he is now. Going back would be a horribly stupid mistake that i can't see him making.

David75
Wed, 04-09-2008, 02:05 AM
It's hard to say. It was off while he was brainwashed and it didn't turn on immediately after CC released his memories and gave him his powers back which tempts me to say it's back under control. However once he did use it they never showed it "switch off" as he spoke at the end of the episode. It could go either way.

Either way though i'd say his day's of lounging around school are done. Even if the Geass was under his control again his enemies know who he is and where he is now. Going back would be a horribly stupid mistake that i can't see him making.

Regardin his Geass, my guess earlier was that this 1 year break, with brainwhashing, was maybe a way for his body (or whatever) to recover and be able to control the Geass again.
I may be wrong, just a hypothesis.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-09-2008, 04:08 AM
I think that Lelouch's Geass will be under control again, simply because I think the school's purpose will be lost of Lelouch doesn't use it as his hideout anymore. Also, one of the most interesting points of the first series was that he could walk around without anyone knowing, and suddenly bring it upon them. One last supporting factor is that C.C. once said that this power consumes those who use it. If one can control it, they have the potential to be King. If Lelouch is to challenge the Emperorr, I think he'll have to have the same caliber.

i.e. a controlled Geass.

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-09-2008, 04:19 AM
I've got to agree with Buffalobiian, but for a more pragmatic reason.

If Lelouch doesn't continue at school, we've lost three characters who haven't been fully developed. Milly, Shirely (the one realizing "Zero" did something to her), and particularly Rivalz (the often ignored ). Not to mention Viletta, though she could probably be developed outside the school.

More towards Buffalobiian, we also lose a safe haven. Zero could once again operate in the Academy safely. Public opinion would keep him safe from most attacks by the army since he has once again returned to being simply Lelouch in the eyes of the public.

There's also the possibility of confronting Rollo. I wonder if Rollo would realize his (or whoever "locked" Lelouch down, probably the Emperor) amnesia effect is now gone. Lelouch should be able to figure out the true intentions in an environment where he wasn't expected.

I don't expect a lot of the series to take place there, but I can't see them leaving such a useful setting.

David75
Wed, 04-09-2008, 04:45 AM
There's something that hasn't been much explored yet in CG.
At first C.C. was detained by Britanian Army in a very secret manner.
No one knew about her, except a very small group of Britanian Army executives.

After the head of this group has been transfered due to his failure (he wasn't even killed for it...) there was no development towards who was really pulling the strings.

That could link CC to the Emperor for example.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-09-2008, 05:00 AM
There's something that hasn't been much explored yet in CG.
At first C.C. was detained by Britanian Army in a very secret manner.
No one knew about her, except a very small group of Britanian Army executives.

After the head of this group has been transfered due to his failure (he wasn't even killed for it...) there was no development towards who was really pulling the strings.

That could link CC to the Emperor for example.

I think this has all to do with the Emperor searching for all those Geass monuments. He's trying to unlock the secret of their kind and further his power. V.V. probably doesn't care, as the Emperor's probably completed his contract already, but doing so may wipe out C.C.'s kind. I reckon C.C.'s task for Lelouch is to stop the Emperor's plans. However, I'm inclined to know how she knows Empress Marianne.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Marianne is now one of the voices in her head, among many. I'm still not certain how that came about, but that implies a very close relationship. Is Marianne once in contract with C.C.? Or was she even a geass bearer? How did she even get in C.C.'s head in the first place?

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM
It was well documented in at least one episode and certainly the specials that Marianne came from the commoners and not the British nobility. She rose from the ranks of the knights to become one of the Emperor's Queens.

I would hazard a guess that it's more likely that Marianne also came from this mysterious caste of "witches" that C.C. remains the most powerful of. Perhaps not one of the direct line (with the characteristic 'V-shape' on forehead like we see in Lelouch's visions), but maybe a descendant down the line somewhere.

That would explain her connection to this, and especially the reasons that C.C. can communicate with her now.

I suspect that V.V. is on the exact opposite side of this little hidden war between the witches and whatever he is. We won't know until we know a lot more about the history of C.C. and the rest of the "witches."

Inazuma
Wed, 04-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I just hope that VV is going to be deported to oblivion, because both the art and the voice pisses me off. For a char that got such an important role(yet no screen time) they could have done better than that.

Now an other question I got for you all : Even though that I and several Gotwootian just keep pestering about characters not dying, would you like Euphie to come back ?
Because I would like her to, she had balls even though that she was only a figurehead and did her best to work toward Lelouch's goal but in an other way. She had that something that made her likable even though that she was a non-combat char.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-09-2008, 09:20 PM
I am personally hoping the V.V. and C.C. are not necessarily enemies, and are on the same side. The conflict that arises between them then stems from the conflict between their contractors, the emperor and Lelouch respectively. That serves for more complexity in the story.

About the Euphie thing - god no.
I was practically celebrating when I saw her go nuts and murder everyone. I'm not saying that she deserves to die, but her death is integral to the plot and should not be touched.

Kraco
Thu, 04-10-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm always against people resurrected. It makes no sense from continuity's point of view, plus it mitigates severely the effect their death had on the plot, like shinta|hikari said. Deaths are integral in good grand stories. In real life people die for good, and thus characters dying for good, though it closes many possible paths, will make it feel so much more realistic and believable. I would be lying if I said I liked Euphie but her death was a rather beautiful scene (or rather the fatal wounding scene).

TheBladeChild
Thu, 04-10-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm always against people resurrected. It makes no sense from continuity's point of view, plus it mitigates severely the effect their death had on the plot, like shinta|hikari said. Deaths are integral in good grand stories. In real life people die for good, and thus characters dying for good, though it closes many possible paths, will make it feel so much more realistic and believable. I would be lying if I said I liked Euphie but her death was a rather beautiful scene (or rather the fatal wounding scene).

Pretty much what these guys said, bringing her back would bring nothing to the story except seeing Suzaku go happy mode, and I really dont want to see that happening. Personally I think Suzaku has become more tolerable since hes become more angsty since Euphie's death. I'd rather have him as a angsty vengful SOB rather then a freaken boyscout. Lets not turn this into Gundam please.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 04-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Read that Bandai confirmed that they have lisense of both the first and second season of Code Geass. -.-' rather quick pick up of R2 . Well, as long as there is subs , I'm happy, as the season started out great and waiting for the next episode

oyabun
Thu, 04-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Read that Bandai confirmed that they have lisense of both the first and second season of Code Geass. -.-' rather quick pick up of R2 . Well, as long as there is subs , I'm happy, as the season started out great and waiting for the next episode

Well I'm sure that even if one group has dropped CGS2, there will be another group that will be continuing it. So we won't have to worry about that. And me and Shinta has a little bit of experience in regards to subbing..:D Oh god can't wait till this weekend. Just thinking about and speculating whats gonna happens makes me excited about the second episode. I guess the Order and Zero's next move is to free their imprisoned old alies. Any ideas about the new guys?

animus
Thu, 04-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Since this thread is in the new category "Series in Fuego", and reading the rules should we be starting a new thread for each episode, or just keep it in this one for discussion?

Yukimura
Thu, 04-10-2008, 10:48 AM
I believe the point of giving Geass R2 it's own board is so we can discuss each episode independently. This thread already has 160 replies with only one episode out. When episode two is released someone should make a Code Geass R2: Episode 2 thread. I think general discussions on the series as a whole are meant to either stay in this thread or be put into new threads that don't tie in to a particular episode but the series as a whole.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Since this thread is in the new category "Series in Fuego", and reading the rules should we be starting a new thread for each episode, or just keep it in this one for discussion?

Accoring to Munsu's rules there will be a new thread for every episode, but it will only be allowed to be posted once at least one fansub is out.

And yeah... this thread obviously put many other series in shame.

David75
Thu, 04-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Well I'm sure that even if one group has dropped CGS2, there will be another group that will be continuing it. So we won't have to worry about that. And me and Shinta has a little bit of experience in regards to subbing..:D Oh god can't wait till this weekend. Just thinking about and speculating whats gonna happens makes me excited about the second episode. I guess the Order and Zero's next move is to free their imprisoned old alies. Any ideas about the new guys?

Difficult to tell. I would not be suprised if some of the prisoners were to lose life, as this show often takes unexpected turns as someone said before. Ougi wouldn't die tough since he appears in the OP, but that could be on of the surprises even more so since he survived Viletta's stabbing.

animus
Thu, 04-10-2008, 12:11 PM
It's a little unrealistic in the fact that they executed nationally on TV like senior citiczen elevens, but they're keeping wanted criminals of Todou's calibur in prison?

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Well... the prisioners are being held most probably by the remains of Cornelia's group, or maybe Schneizels (whatever you spell it)

While the executions on TV were made by the current guy on charge. The one that spoke with the Chinese. He is probably new and only cares of killing Elevens, according to his racial speech on tv.

oyabun
Thu, 04-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes he was ordered by Lulu's geass like the officers in the S1 of CG. Cool stuff! The end part was my favorite. although I didn't like Lulu swinging his arms like he was dancing :)

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Yes he was ordered by Lulu's geass like the officers in the S1 of CG. Lelouch only ordered Euphie. Euphie in turn ordered her officers to kill the Japanese. Since she was royalty in addition to being the Vice-Governor, they had no choice, some were even stunned by the announcement. She even said a line to the effect of "I am ordering you, why are you not killing the Japanese?"

The new acting governor is probably just a racist like Orange-kun's group was...before they tried to kill him over the Suzaku-rescue event. That faction of the Britannian Army was opposed to Honorary Britannians being in the army at all. This guy acting in Cornelia's stead (wherever she is...) most likely belongs to that group, who is more than happy to make an example of the Japanese attempting to liberate themselves.

What better way to repress the remaining members of a suppressed people than by publicly executing the members and leaders of the opposition? Demoralizing the women by putting them into that Tower, turn all the men into slaves by making them do all the reconstruction (or fight in the Tower), and execute those courageous enough to lead the others in front of them all. One "Master Race" above another.

Horrible? Absolutely. This is the true face of the Britannian Army.

KrayZ33
Thu, 04-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Schneizels (whatever you spell it)

ah this name... so full of lulz..

where does it come from? it sounds like the name Schneider or something like that
even if i google "schneizel" all i can find are links to code geass and 1(!) gourmet of wine or something like that..

but seriously, who did invent this name
is it a british name?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Sounds German to me Krayz. :). Or made up from German.

I decided to let my brother watch season 1 yesterday, so we watched the first two episodes together. Something I found relevant.

At the beginning when C.C. and Lelouch made the pact, they showed the Emperor at that golden tower saying "The reunion of Ragnar&#246;k! The land of legend......once again."

On a side note, remember that girl who Lelouch ordered to make a mark at Ashford Academy every day. Anyone like to take a guess as to how that's going?

animus
Thu, 04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Expelled for vandalizing? XD

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Wow, this thread about a single episode has more posts than True Tears got all season, ARIA got in three seasons, and nearly 5 times as many as Shigofumi did all season. No love for those three....

I'm very glad these threads will be separated. It was getting to be a mess.

On a side note, remember that girl who Lelouch ordered to make a mark at Ashford Academy every day. Anyone like to take a guess as to how that's going?
All non-relevant comments aside, that depends on one of four scenarios.

1) C.C. and Lulu temporarily breaching their contract (intervention by whom yet unknown) voided all his previous commands, broke all his orders, and he will either be able to make new orders to everyone again, or he won't, depending upon if the nature of his returned power has changed in some minor manner.

2) The poor girl is still scratching the crosses into the roof, baffled at why she must do this, and her life will be ruined completely once she leaves school only to find herself returning to perform this task.

3) The geass actually does have an expiration, the learning of which was Lelouch's intelligent and well thought out strategy, it has run out, and she has returned to her normal life.

4) Whoever brainwashed Lelouch and everyone else at school to erase evidence of his ability and contract to C.C. in order to lure her out also brainwashed the girl, who is now free to live her life.

There's also the sad fifth possibility. Though the Academy was protected at the time by both the Black Knights and the Army as the Black Knight retreated from Nina's awesome bomb, the poor girl was killed in some of the fighting Tokyo became engulfed in.

Eros935
Thu, 04-10-2008, 10:27 PM
1) C.C. and Lulu temporarily breaching their contract (intervention by whom yet unknown) voided all his previous commands, broke all his orders, and he will either be able to make new orders to everyone again, or he won't, depending upon if the nature of his returned power has changed in some minor manner.

2) The poor girl is still scratching the crosses into the roof, baffled at why she must do this, and her life will be ruined completely once she leaves school only to find herself returning to perform this task.
Somehow I don't see one happening because it would mean Susaku would be vulnerable to the Geass again and that'd just make things way too easy and undramatic. Personally I'm hoping its two myself cause thats just good for a laugh some ten or twenty years down the road someone going "Man its that chick again, doesn't she have anything better to do then come here and scribble on the walls all the time?"

And on a side note am I the only one who gets the horrible feeling Nina willl be popping up working with LLoyd(I think that was his name) in the near future?

Crash
Thu, 04-10-2008, 10:51 PM
It's a little unrealistic in the fact that they executed nationally on TV like senior citiczen elevens, but they're keeping wanted criminals of Todou's calibur in prison?

It's possible that they are holding them as bait to lure the Black Knights into a rescue attempt. Not too far fetched since Todou is a very high ranking member of the resistance, they would definitely want him back.

Besides that though, what do you think is going to put fear into the general populace more: Killing a well known "criminal" or some average joe who for all they know hasn't really done anything?

Kraco
Fri, 04-11-2008, 01:29 AM

1) C.C. and Lulu temporarily breaching their contract (intervention by whom yet unknown) voided all his previous commands, broke all his orders...

In my opinion this can't be the case. While the power as such is certainly mystic, I deem it rather results in something changing in the affected person himself than creating some sort of a bond between Lelouch and them, which would practically require active energy flowing from Lelouch all the time to all the persons he affected. I reckon it more likely it's just the one instance when they are affected by his power that something changes, and that's it. So, even Lelouch dying wouldn't change anything for those geassed.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-11-2008, 02:06 AM
Agreed. It is more of a permanent change in the brain structure or thought patterns of the victim, which has no constant link to the geass user.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:31 AM
It's only one of the possibilities. I can't say the other 3 (or four) without including that one. I agree that it is highly unlikely, on the same basis that shinta does, but to be honest we really have no idea what happened to Lelouch and C.C. and their contract in the last year.

I hope we find out next episode.

Inazuma
Fri, 04-11-2008, 04:32 AM
I believe the point of giving Geass R2 it's own board is so we can discuss each episode independently. This thread already has 160 replies with only one episode out. When episode two is released someone should make a Code Geass R2: Episode 2 thread. I think general discussions on the series as a whole are meant to either stay in this thread or be put into new threads that don't tie in to a particular episode but the series as a whole.

We could have a CG category, that would make things easier

Yukimura
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Code Geass is not expected to become epic like Naruto or Bleach, once R2 is over there shouldn't be anymore new things to discuss. So while the series goes on we get the benefits of having a separate Category, however all the episode threads will get merged into one giant thread after this season ends. Then a new series will take over this Category, or maybe the board will just be made hidden if nothing seems popular enough when Geass R2 is finished.

As to the girl I too think that her brain was permanently affected and if she's still alive she's marking that wall everyday. However one thing i'm curious about, what might happen to her if it becomes completely impossible for her to fulfill the command? I can't remember if Lelouch tested the Geass by issuing an unfulfillable command back in S1 but if he did what was the result?

Even if he's done a presently unfulfilable command I don't think he's given any that were fulfillable at the time but might become unfulfillable later. I figure a person who's been Geassed to repeat some task over and over but becomes unable to do so will just keep trying and trying until they die. If the girl manages to mark up the entire wall will she move to another face of the wall? Get a ladder and mark up the wall higher? Or might her head just explode from the mental stress of not being able to obey the command.

Kraco
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Yeah, that's a very interesting question especially philosophically, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't ever pay any attention to it in the show. It's not very relevant, in the end, unless they somehow make it relevant in the story. At least until now and for now the geass power has been nothing but a tool to explain how Lelouch was able to fight so succesfully against a completely overpowering opponent. The only detour was basically Mao but he was essential in the sense that it gave an opportunity to easily explain some drawbacks of the power. But anything else than that, as long as the story doesn't shift from rebellion to something else, isn't really in the central area of focus.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-11-2008, 08:41 AM
That seems simple enough.

If it is an unfulfillable command, the person will try nonetheless.

If the command was to mark "that" wall everyday she will stop once its full, just keep marking over the other marks or as you said mark higher. If its "a wall" then she will simply move on to another one.

But if the wall disappears (is destroyed for example) the command should no longer be in effect, since one of the conditions in the command no longer exist. In that case, the command is not "unfulfillable" but rather inapplicable, which entails that the resulting action is no longer necessitated.

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-11-2008, 09:35 AM
I just wish Lelouch's command of 'live' to Suzaku does not apply as how we have discussed this girl with her wall... It would suck for Suzaku to never 'die' thanks to that command.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Huh? And why would he not die?

The command "live" given by Lelouch is unconditional (well except for the condition of being alive I guess, but that applies to everything), which means it will never be canceled, but that does not mean Suzaku can't die. He will simply try his very best to live, but if faced with a situation where even that is not enough, he will die.

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-11-2008, 10:49 AM
No no... I did not mean to can not die... but that he will be able to always escape alive...

It makes me think if that is how he survived on the last episode of last season...

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
He can't do what he can't do. He can't always escape alive. The only thing that command does is to make sure that he doesn't commit suicide or be too careless with his life. It does not add to his survival capabilities, except of course, if you include motivation to survive in that classification.

EDIT: and all of a sudden, I'm a missing nin. I didn't even notice my 1000th post dammit.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 04-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I still hate Suzaku *random* :mad:

and judging by the first episode..he's going to continue to be an annoying character for me.

Anyways, I'm looking foreward to find out the infomation that was left out between the first and 2nd seasons..such as what happened at the end, who brainwashed, and so fourth..

shall be an interesting series, none-the-less

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Well...traditionally, a geas (the proper spelling) if not fulfilled results in the death of the compelled.

Still, here it obviously works differently. Euphie just outright resisted it, and did manage to not kill Suzaku.

But the short answer is we already know. If they can't reasonably perform the compulsion, they shut up and look dazed and confused, as Cornelia did when she didn't know the answer to his questions, and there are a few others similar to that.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Not really. The reason why she looked dazed and confused is because it is a command to answer a question, and if you try to answer a question you do not know the answer to, that is exactly what will happen to you. If the fulfillment of the command is reasonably impossible but attempt is, the victim should still try will all their might. But if you mean commands that are simply impossible, like "fly" or "transform into a god-like mecha" then that daze effect will probably apply.

EDIT: I realize that the command "fly" may not apply, due to several reasons, but the second one is stll a good example for my point.

DDBen
Sun, 04-13-2008, 01:15 PM
out by GG

http://saki.imouto.org:6969/torrents/f07ef640a6ce78a7399e6aecae792e031462ebf6.torrent

Eclipse
xvid
http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2002%20(XviD)%20%5bB87DD9B2%5d.avi.torrent
1280X720 MKV
http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2002%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b98828FD5%5d.mkv.tor rent

Yukimura
Sun, 04-13-2008, 02:03 PM
OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!

I can't even think straight there was so much awesome was packed into this episode. As past questions are answered, new and bigger ones just spring up in their wake. And biggest of all is the mystery of the Hyakku Shiki Mk III and it's pilot, and the tidbit of answer we got was fantastic. I want more, I need more, I must have more.

EDIT: OMG Hyaku Shiki Mk III is awesome.

Someone PLEASE make a gif of 17:17-17:19

animus
Sun, 04-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Quoting LittleKuriboh that episode was "super special awesome".

We finally found out what happened to Lelouch and Suzaku and indeed our suspicious were confirmed that the Emperor had a memory altering Geass.

Honestly this series is shaping up to be better than season 1. Can't wait for the next episode.

Edit: And oh yeah, I still fucking hate Nina.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-13-2008, 03:18 PM
I guess mine (and many many others') instincts were correct about Rollo. He's an asshole.

I think I will really enjoy the interplay between the two now though. At school where they are both undercover, with everyone's memories messed around with to accept his presence as Lelouch's brother, the two will probably repeatedly try to kill each other. I can't wait.

But then again, the Emperor said that only Suzaku both knew about Lelouch's identity and the geass. Perhaps he meant specifically Lelouch's. Because Rollo definitely has one, and he very likely knows exactly who Zero really is because he was installed in such a position as well as his behavior in the first episode. I'm still hoping for the constant "chess match" between the two. Borgia-style.

Nina probably pissed her...skirt when she saw Zero. Or was that anger? Her face gets all ugly and then you can't tell what emotion she's conveying.

But I disagree about the (Hyakku Shiki Mk III as Yuki is calling it, isn't that from a Gundam?). Instant movement is super lame. Sure it makes it badass, but it also makes it really cheap. Like Gundam SEED cheap. While Kallen's Gurren is flipping around doing crazy shit on its tires and design for close combat, the new thing just *poof*...there.

But I do like its sonic hammer thing. One clean shot, kill the pilot.

animus
Sun, 04-13-2008, 03:32 PM
That elbow weapon was pretty cool. Seems reminiscent of martial arts. Where Kallen's is an implosion, this one's like an impact.

Board of Command
Sun, 04-13-2008, 03:51 PM
This is the one and only time that I'll complain about Eclipse's speed.

:(

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Full of awesomeness episode...

So Urabe killed himself to give them more time... ouch. So within the Black Knights who know of Zero's true identity then? CC and Kallen only?

I had a wild idea... the emperor has two geass... and one obviously rewrites memories... so... could he have re-written Nunnally into... Rollo? I think they had the same eye shade color... and they do resemble each other... or this could only be CLAMP's designs.

Kallen was mad at Lelouch... and wondered if she was Geass-ed to be loyal... Lelouch should have told her the truth... although maybe she would not have believed it. Still, she seems to still want to follow 'Zero'. Oh yeah... loved the interaction between the two... handing his coat to her.

Carares is gone fast, and the Chinese Union is being manipulated. Although at first I thought they were pro-Zero... until we saw that man Geass-ed.

Zero came back with style... wonder if Ougi and the rest saw the transmission?
Nina sucks... hope she gets killed soon.
Mass produced Lancelots suck. Hope they destroy them.

vejita613
Sun, 04-13-2008, 04:42 PM
But then again, the Emperor said that only Suzaku both knew about Lelouch's identity and the geass.
Actually he said that Suzaku was the only Knight of the Round that knew that. Rollo probably knows it too.

So am I the only one who didnt know that Britain (which for so long I thought was the "homeland" of Britainia) is actually under EU control?

Scarface
Sun, 04-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Eclipse's version is out but i dont no how to post a link..dling now

animus
Sun, 04-13-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll do it for ya

Episode 2 XviD - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2002%20(XviD)%20%5bB87DD9B2%5d.avi.torrent)
Episode 2 h264 - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2002%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b98828FD5%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh, damnit damnit damnit, if it was 3hrs faster, I could have dled it before I went to uni.....I'll have to enjoy your discussion tomorrow....

Darknodin
Sun, 04-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Anyone else thinks about the implications of the emperor's Geass on the very existence of Britannia?????
Charles is probably the first emperor... and Britannia might not even have existed before him. hell, Britannia might be a lot smaller than we think.

also, i didn't know Britain was under E.U. control. seriously, i first thought britannia was the world, then everytime we learn something new, we find out its not as powerful as we first thought.

I personally like Rollo. he'll bring out something interesting in Zero.

animus
Sun, 04-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Didn't they say Britannia controlled a third of the world? That's a pretty massive empire any way you slice it.

There're basically on three major factions left in the world right? Britannia, EU, and the Chinese Union. And maybe The United States of Japan would make the fourth!

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 04-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Freakin' freakishly awesome episode, it's like this series is getting better and better for every ep, awesome is not even a word that makes the series justice.

As it seems now I think that Rollo is just a downsized version of Suzaku, but I do hope that Lelouch uses his Geass on him to make him work for him, or that he actually starts working for Lelouch of his on free will, his answer to the chinese was very ambigues after all... One can hope.

And about Lelouch, I would assume no one except Suzaku and the emp to know that Lelouch has a Geass. Kind of cool also that he has his Geass on full-time, will he be able to turn it back or will he have to walk around with an eye-patch in school?

Darknodin
Sun, 04-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Didn't they say Britannia controlled a third of the world? That's a pretty massive empire any way you slice it.

what i meant is that could be an engineered memory. Especially the way Britannia controls the media... it might be possible.

jaguar04p
Sun, 04-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Since everyone is talking about Geass i have a theory.

We know that so far two girls have weird names C.C. and V.V.

C.C. gave geass to Mao which was in both eyes and then to Lulu which is in one eye.
V.V. gave geass to King which is in both eyes and then to Rollo which is in one eye.

From season one we know that Mao's Geass was powerful then Lulu's so King's Geass is powerful then Rollo's. Overall at this moment King has the most powerful Geass assuming no one but people mentioned above have geass.

What you guys think

shinta|hikari
Sun, 04-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Mao's geass just seemed more powerful than Lelouch's because Lelouch is a tactician. It all depends on the situation.

Loved the Kallen and Lelouch interaction I was waiting for. Will comment more later.

Board of Command
Sun, 04-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I had a wild idea... the emperor has two geass... and one obviously rewrites memories... so... could he have re-written Nunnally into... Rollo? I think they had the same eye shade color... and they do resemble each other... or this could only be CLAMP's designs.
I think that's pushing it. This isn't Escaflowne.

PS: I hate how these groups are all releasing 350 MB encodes for the HD version. That doesn't fit on a dual-layer DVD. For a 25-episode series, it has to be 320 MB. I'm having to re-encode each episode which takes 2.5 hours each, and my computer is far from slow.

kAi
Sun, 04-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Another great episode and it just gets bett

It's hard to say how things will proceed, we have Rollo with a Geass and also seems really sly and not entirely sure on which side he really is on with his answers, etc.

Suzaku looks pissed and will surely be taking up a fight real soon and the Emporer has got a good leash on Suzaku at the moment, a loyal fighter who is willing to give it all for the empire. I wonder how he is going to handle things later on in the series.

narutosharingan
Sun, 04-13-2008, 11:00 PM
1. What does it mean for the Emperor to have 2 eyes with Geass?
2. Is Lelouch's geass permanent again?
3. What happened at the end, what did Rollo do to the Chinese swordsman?

That was a hell of an episode. I want more

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 04-13-2008, 11:44 PM
well..this is definatly gonna be an interesting season

but really..so many people so far with geass..not as unique anymore =S

Inazuma
Mon, 04-14-2008, 01:06 AM
I hope the Chinese just go "Target is Geass Immune Bitch". It would be so easy and sweet to have Rollo die in a sword move, then to have the chinese pilot lancelot&#178;

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Am I the only one thinking Rollo has a split personality or something of the sort? I just don't remember a clear transition from his innocent personality (that is in love with Lelouch) and the one that pawns everything using instant movement (which sucks). There is also the fact that he has 2 sets of wings in the ending animation, (which clearly symbolize the allegiance of each character, angel wings for Brittania, and devil wings for BK) both angel and devil pairs. This might imply that he has two allegiances, stemming from two personalities.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-14-2008, 07:16 AM
I was wondering if the opening and ending theme has been released?

Kraco
Mon, 04-14-2008, 07:20 AM
According to Nipponsei, which is usually a good source, the release date for the OP is May 28th. No idea of the ED.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 04-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Awesome, thanks.

Crash
Mon, 04-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Wow, this episode was full of so much freaking awesomeness. I didn't even think it was possible, but i now hate Suzaku even more than last season. In fact after finally getting to see what went down at the end of last season i'm surprised i'm the first to express my renewed and intensified dislike for this guy. Lelouche may manipulate people and make them dance like puppets to achieve what he wants, but i don't think he ever would have sold out Suzaku that way.

Also i'm in agreement with everyone else about the Lancelot. That thing was cheap enough last season with it's demi-god combat abilities, but now it can teleport? Here's to hoping Lelouche finds a way to deal with that soon.

Aside from that great action, great drama, and as always a great public performance from Zero. I can't wait for the next episode.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-14-2008, 08:07 AM
wow all the hype was really not just for show, this really is great!

and the chinese soldiers look like modern samurais :) pretty cool!
i can't wait for the next episode because i want to know what happens if his "brothers" gets in there...

but i didn't understand what he meant with "i want to know the truth, thats why i m here to kill him" <--- that makes no sense.

btw that voice of him sounded really robotic.. and he seems to have a power similiar to Lelouch. (i mean the geass has the same effect)

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Am I the only one thinking Rollo has a split personality or something of the sort? I just don't remember a clear transition from his innocent personality (that is in love with Lelouch) and the one that pawns everything using instant movement (which sucks). There is also the fact that he has 2 sets of wings in the ending animation, (which clearly symbolize the allegiance of each character, angel wings for Brittania, and devil wings for BK) both angel and devil pairs. This might imply that he has two allegiances, stemming from two personalities.

Nah. You are not the only one.
I even went as far as making a 'wild idea', that actually its a little exagerated (see several posts prior).

But yes... double wings in the ending... plus different speeches and way of acting... double personality. He is definitely following the emperor... but he definitely will have something that will confuse him, between choosing the emperor or Lelouch...

And I already said it, but what the hell... loved the Kallen-Lelouch interaction :D

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Do you think Kallen will become more assertive and make the first move to gain a closer relationship with Zero/Lelouch? She sure looked lovestruck even when facing the "Lelouch" version this time around.

BTW, I never realized Lelouch was so smooth with the ladies. I thought he was a lot more awkward with his relationship with C.C., but I guess that's from the sheer eccentricity of our favorite witch. I'm wondering whether an actual love triangle will develop this time, between the warrior, the warlock, and the witch.

@Krayz - I think that line actually serves as a clue to Rollo's character, which I still maintain to be dual or something similar.

Kraco
Mon, 04-14-2008, 09:29 AM
I thought the line meant that if he succeeds in killing Lelouch, then he was nothing much but another rebel, but if somehow Lelouch wins the confrontation, then Lelouch is really one capable of opposing the emperor. In which case, I suppose, Rollo might even become a BK.

But who knows.

animus
Mon, 04-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Wonder where Cornelia's been all this time.

Yukimura
Mon, 04-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Alright now that the fanboism has cooled off I think I can analyze this episode with more rationality than "OMG TELEPORTERZ R KEWL"

I'll start with what happened after ep 25. That was one of the lamest things I've ever seen. Why would Lelouch miss yet perfectly take out Suzaku's headset?

Because I hate Suzaku I'm going to believe that Lelouch couldn't bring himself to kill his friend and thus intentionally pulled his shot at the last second. If this was the case it of course makes Suzaku's next actions that much more reprehensible. Lelouch couldn't bring himself to kill his friend yet that friend gladly handed him over to the Emperor in an attempt to gain the illusion of difference making personal power. Suzaku didn't seem to spare a single thought for what the Emperor might have done to Lelouch or what it could mean for Nunally even. If only Suzaku wasn't super human ( wish I could leap 20 feet forward from a standing position) I could actually hope he would just die, but since he won't I'll just hope another of his love interests dies and this time he gets it through his head that he's on the more evil side.

Fast forward to the present. Hooray Lelouch for his plan to take out the units that came after him in addition to those lying in wait, but realistically, how could he have come up with such a perfect plan to not only get out of the building, but then immediately ally the OotBK with the Chinese when only hours before he had no idea he was even a terrorist mastermind? His memories shouldn't include any information about the status of the OotBK between his capture and now so how did he get the Chinese to comply? It just felt like he was a little too good on his feet, even for him.

EDIT: NVM noticed the Geass on the ambassador's eyes.

And then of course there's Rollo and his Hyaku Shikki Mk III (I will accept no other name, especially not Vincent). Where the hell was he hiding that thing? I haven't seen someone just whip a mech out of their back pocket for quite a while. The local army didn't seem to know anything about it or him, making it unlikely that they brought it along when they came to retake the tower. My only guess is that he is associated with the Intelligence people that Lelouch killed and they had it with them. If not that then hammerspace works fine too.

And as was said before, the ability to simply teleport is very cool in theory, but in this setting it's kind of lame. I'm still holding out hope that it has something to do with Rollo's geass and not the mech itself. Instead of actually teleporting/moving really fast maybe he can just make people's brains not register things for short bursts of time, so he fuzzes them out, moves past them and then they come to their senses and he's somewhere else. Unfortunately they showed some of those internal component shots while he was doing it so I doubt this theory will actually hold up.

A final comment on Rollo, in the OP where he seems to be leading a squadron of mobile suits 1) Can anyone make out the type of suits he's leading and 2) do his eyes look Geassed?

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-14-2008, 10:16 AM
@Shinta:
Kallen does look confused there. On one side she idiolizes Zero, and on the other she felts used by Lelouch. Also... before the whole battle began on Season 1, she began to know Lelouch, and at first she was mad at his view of Japanese... but I think she also saw something different on him.
Learning Zero and Lelouch are the same definitely came as a shock for her, and now she does not know how to act around him, hence why she pointed a gun at him, confused at her own actions. But, indeed, Lelouch smoothely (sp?) calmed her down.
I will definitely like for her to make a move, but only time will tell.

@Kraco:
Rollo... a BK? Not really impossible... but currently he has as many chances as Suzaku. Lelouch definitely does not trust his 'fake brother' now that he learnt the truth. It would take a lot of things to happen for him to trust Rollo, and for him to become a BK... maybe like stealing lots of Vincents for the BK for starters...

@Yuki
I did not thought about that (about ep 25). I thought Suzaku moved out of the way... but I do like the idea that, despite everything, Lelouch could not kill his friend... even if he did kill family (Clovis and Euphemia)... while Suzaku sold him to the Emperor.

Suzaku is a worm. He expects to change the world from inside... how? By conquering more lands and unify it all into an even greater empire? I hope he gets killed this season... and if he is not... at least Nina.

Need to rewatch intro to see the eyes as you said...

Board of Command
Mon, 04-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Do you think Kallen will become more assertive and make the first move to gain a closer relationship with Zero/Lelouch? She sure looked lovestruck even when facing the "Lelouch" version this time around.
I would hope so because Kallen > CC

/flamecoat

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-14-2008, 10:37 AM

/flamecoat

I like CC.
But I prefer Kallen... and not for the fanservice. I just do.

Thus... I agree.:D

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-14-2008, 11:04 AM
I thought the line meant that if he succeeds in killing Lelouch, then he was nothing much but another rebel, but if somehow Lelouch wins the confrontation, then Lelouch is really one capable of opposing the emperor. In which case, I suppose, Rollo might even become a BK.

But who knows.

that would be nice, because of his knightmare...(even though it has too much different colors it still looks great when he "teleports"

btw the BK knightmares are glasgows right? (or however they are spelled) they are not sutherlands (or however THEY are spelled..)...
because i think the BK knightmares look a lot cooler than those sutherlands, well ihate them because they are purple (thats just so weird for a mecha in my opinion).. and their whole body (specially the head) looks weird too.

my favorite mecha was the one who blew himself up with his sword :( want more of them!

and kallen = whiner
CC = awesome!
the only reason to vote for kallen would be her boobs n ass *drool*

Yukimura
Mon, 04-14-2008, 11:23 AM
@Krazy: That was a Type-3F Gekka, Urabe was one of Toudou's Four Heavenly Swords and they each got one. The BK grunts tend to use Burai's (Jap made, Glasgow based).

While I love Kallen's hot bod, cuteness while confused, and occasional odd facial distortions, ultimately I think she'd get tiresome with her inherent emotional sappiness. Tough girl Kallen is great but I'm pretty sure that side of her is more a combination of anger and emotional defense then her core personality, just look at her behavior in crisis situations. I see Kallen as more of a hit it and quit it....then smooth talk and hit it again kind of girl. The fiery temper and sexuality are certainly alluring but I wouldn't want to deal with all the baggage.

C.C.seems like she'd be a better long term companion. She's comfortable enough with herself and her own issues so she's less likely to act jealous or needy, as long as you're cool with the idea that she's just always going to be in your life to some degree. I can't see why you couldn't take a break from her if she was getting on your nerves (do mess around with Kallen) and then come back to her once you'd calmed down. Plus, she's always going to have your back (unless you renege on the contract of course) and as an added perk, she can't die on you.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-14-2008, 11:36 AM
and CC doesn't age... so you can give her to you descendants with Kallen... errr....

(couldn't resist hehehe... especially since the time we saw CC watching over young Suzaku and Lelouch, prior to the invasion)

TheBladeChild
Mon, 04-14-2008, 12:35 PM

/flamecoat

Cant flame you for that, for a long time during season one I couldnt decide whether to prefer C.C. or Kallen.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-14-2008, 03:27 PM
I'll start with what happened after ep 25. That was one of the lamest things I've ever seen. Why would Lelouch miss yet perfectly take out Suzaku's headset?

Because I hate Suzaku I'm going to believe that Lelouch couldn't bring himself to kill his friend and thus intentionally pulled his shot at the last second. If this was the case it of course makes Suzaku's next actions that much more reprehensible. Lelouch couldn't bring himself to kill his friend yet that friend gladly handed him over to the Emperor in an attempt to gain the illusion of difference making personal power. Suzaku didn't seem to spare a single thought for what the Emperor might have done to Lelouch or what it could mean for Nunally even. If only Suzaku wasn't super human ( wish I could leap 20 feet forward from a standing position) I could actually hope he would just die, but since he won't I'll just hope another of his love interests dies and this time he gets it through his head that he's on the more evil side.
I actually loved that part. From all the absolutely insane things we saw him do last season, especially in the "save damsel in distress Nunnally" episode, I don't think he missed at all.

Suzaku had no idea why Zero ran off to the island. He even expected Zero to turn out to be Lelouch. But...knowing all the smart things Zero had been doing all season, Suzaku very well could have expected Lelouch to have agents on the island.
EDIT: [ I miss read your post and forgot what had happened. Lelouch hit Suzaku's headset (previously this post had it the other way around). It's far more likely that it was just for dramatic effect. Suzaku probably just simply dodged the bullet with the least amount of effort. Pretty standard as advanced martial arts goes.]

Suzaku knew athletically that he could also beat Lelouch, but he may not have known what Zero was capable of. Could Zero have equal athletic prowess to the new Chinese guy? Maybe. But he knew from their past (where Lelouch struggles to climb hills) and from recent activities at school that Lelouch can't compare.

So does Suzaku decide that he can rip the bomb off Lelouch, capture him and take him in for something in exchange, such as a position of power so that what happened to Euphie will never be able to happen again? Sure. He cut a freaking wire off of a rotating bomb, he can capture someone he knows a lot about.

-Is Suzaku an asshole? Yes.
-Do I hate him? Yep.
-Do I respect his skills? Sure.
-Is how much he has changed from the beginning of season one (become a total hardliner, and everything he professed against early on) one of my favorite aspects of the show? Yes.
-Does his current personality betray everything that Euphie envisioned? Deliciously so.
-Do I love to hate his character? Absolutely.

--------------------

As for Kallen, I don't like the way Lelouch handled her in the tower. He totally could have gotten into her pants, err...bunny suit if he worded that better. Why avoid the question about Geass-ing her when he could admit that he only used it on her for information, and that, "everything you think about, believe in, and feel (about me), is genuine."

And then finish it off by paralleling the scene with Euphie on the island, but swapping, "I am Lelouch" with, "I am Zero."

Given her intense idolization, borderling love for Zero all the time, she would have melted.

Kraco
Mon, 04-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I think Lelouch handled Kallen in a very stylish manner. She is not just one of his nameless pawns, and it wasn't a situation he had planned to further his goals. So, instead of giving a simple and straight answer like to some soldier before a mission, he instead asked Kallen what she thinks, herself. Whether her feelings are fabricated or real. I think that, while at the first glance unsatisfactory and unclear, still shows a lot more respect for Kallen and basically allowed her to reevaluate the reason why (she believed) she followed Zero in the beginning. So, while kind of a safe bet, Lelouch still gave Kallen the justification to pull the trigger if she so chose.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-14-2008, 04:32 PM
You explained it very well, mostly my thoughts actually (but perhaps better stated).

In the end, I'm just joking around. It was still just a missed opportunity for Lelouch. He is already content with C.C., and he's not a pedo to go for Kaguya, but Kallen would be such an easy catch for him now.

Yukimura
Mon, 04-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I think you're both right, Lelouch is even more classy and respectable as a leader for not taking advangtage of the clich&#233; "please tell me what I want to hear so I can feel justified in ripping your clothes off like I want to" moment. However I still want to kick him in the face for letting such a great opportunity slip by. Unfortunately for poor frustrated Kallen I suspect Lulu plans to remain a virgin until he's become Emperor.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
-Is Suzaku an asshole? Yes.
-Do I hate him? Yep.
-Do I respect his skills? Sure.
-Is how much he has changed from the beginning of season one (become a total hardliner, and everything he professed against early on) one of my favorite aspects of the show? Yes.
-Does his current personality betray everything that Euphie envisioned? Deliciously so.
-Do I love to hate his character? Absolutely.

This set of questions you pointed at yourself is exactly how I feel.
And this is why when Suzaku gets killed it will be sweeter than just killing him off last season.

(EDIT: I would not mind getting on Kallen's bunny suit...)

animus
Mon, 04-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Still pondering what's happened to Cornelia after this, there's nothing shown of her in the OP, and as far as I can remember she's supposed to be alive after season 1 right? She only got injured in the last episode where she knighted Suzaku.

That knight of her's with the glasses is out on his own, but he usually always followed her around. And he still uses his authority of a knight directly under the Princess.

Oh well, we can ponder. Rewatched the OP and did see a glimpse of Orange-kun. I guess we gotta wait to learn what happened between C.C. and Orange-kun.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Your post made me think of other things from season 1 animus...

How the hell did Nina change from 'crazy bitch with a detonator in the middle of a battlefield' to a 'crazy bitch wearing high society (royal...I think at least) clothes' ??

Inazuma
Mon, 04-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Well I do hate Rollo for a simple reason.

CG is built on the Geass vs. Martial Skills setup.
Rollo, having both, fuck things up.

Thus he needs to die.

animus
Mon, 04-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Your post made me think of other things from season 1 animus...

How the hell did Nina change from 'crazy bitch with a detonator in the middle of a battlefield' to a 'crazy bitch wearing high society (royal...I think at least) clothes' ??

I was under the assumption that squeaky voiced Duke(?) scientist (who Suzaku used to work with) whose name escapes me, hired her or took her under his wing or something.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-14-2008, 05:27 PM
As animus pointed out, she wasn't in high society, she was in a lab. It was more of a fancy labcoat. Lloyd (or Schnizel) has undoubtedly taken her under his wing. She created this world's first nuclear bomb, supercharged with sakuradite.

To let her do anything less than create weapons would be foolish indeed. Especially because she's a racist.

And now that Zero has returned...she's motivated.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Makes sense. Who better to make the most destructive weapons that the most sicko ones?

She must have asked for lots of squared tables as payment.

vejita613
Mon, 04-14-2008, 06:40 PM
No spoilers. Never. If it hasn't happened in the anime yet, don't talk about it in the anime discusion section.

Consider this the only warning you'll get on stuff like this

DDBen
Mon, 04-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Lets also be fair there is a good chance that she even married Lloyd who was actively looking for a wife previously. Given he also could have easily gone for his assistant but making a nuke is likely to be the kind of thing that gets him interested in you.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Uhh...Milly should still be engaged to Lloyd. He wanted the Ashford family's Knightmare frame as dowry (the reason he instantly accepted at the meeting last season) and Milly's grandfather wanted to marry her to an Earl or other nobility in order for the Ashfords to regain their lost status.

Despite the difference in age, I still think they are perfect for each other. Both have very similar personalities.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-14-2008, 06:48 PM
vejita:
shown on a game, yet not on the series? please... do not link.

DDBen:
Llyod was bethroed (sp?) to Milly.

EDIT:
damn... Ryl won me that one... that happens for checking for correct spelling of names =P

DDBen
Mon, 04-14-2008, 06:52 PM
vejita:
shown on a game, yet not on the series? please... do not link.

DDBen:
Llyod was bethroed (sp?) to Milly.

I'm aware he was but he only wanted the frame and there has been no indication he still is.

She wasn't in a outfit that a normal researcher would wear either my point is if she is suddenly royalty the most likely way would be through marrying Lloyd she's also not even going to the school part time anymore. Given we haven't seen anything of Milly really this season but a year later I would assume the marriage would have already taken place.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-14-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm aware he was but he only wanted the frame and there has been no indication he still is.

She wasn't in a outfit that a normal researcher would wear either my point is if she is suddenly royalty the most likely way would be through marrying Lloyd she's also not even going to the school part time anymore. Given we haven't seen anything of Milly really this season but a year later I would assume the marriage would have already taken place.
Though it is not a CLAMP series outright, the character designs all are. Outfit changes, especially non-standard ones, are commonplace. If you look at the OP, nearly everyone not in Academy school uniforms got a costume change. Even Sayoko (the lovely maid of doom) got a Chinese inspired dress, as seen at the end of the episode. Raksharta, however...still shows the midriff, and that's fine by me.

I don't see how you believe her outfit is of "royalty" quality. You can see it in the OP. 1:42 for episode 2. It's a red skirt/jacket that resembles a school uniform. In the OP she has a labcoat over it. In the background of that scene at the end of this episode, there are pipes and all manner of mechanical equipment visible in the background. She's in a lab. As for High Society in Geass, the women wear dresses all the time. Remember Milly's outfit from her engagement meeting with Lloyd last season. It was a high class sundress and huge "fashionable" hat. Also at some of the parties when Lelouch was a child, or when Euphie was holding some function, all the women wore gowns.

Nina's is clearly something meant to do research and work in.

As for Milly, we've seen her in the first episode, but you're right that it wasn't of any substance. Still, this is royalty we are talking about. Lloyd is an Earl, and Milly's family was once very prominent. Engagements of this caliber in British society today , in the real world, take a long time. It's very likely that the engagement will continue until she graduates from the Academy.

DDBen
Mon, 04-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Ryllharu while I agree with some of what you stated I don't agree with all of it. The outfit is clearly not that of a random or assistant researcher its nowhere near that of Lloyds assistant in season one. Clearly they want to change everyones outfit but she has clearly obtained a special rank of some sort and while I'm sure we all agree that making a nuke made her a researcher I can't be so sure it was enough to make her that high ranking.

I'm sorry but her outfit of a cape not a simple coat states to me she is someone of a high ranking position not a apprentice and not a standard researcher by any means. In fact its closer to the pink haired girls outfit for the knights of the round at 1:48 if you ask me.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I'll admit it is a half-cape, and not a lab coat.

Maybe she was given a title, but she sure as hell is not Lloyd's...anything, other than assistant. I'm still going to disagree with it showing she "clearly obtained" anything.

It's just a special outfit, because she's an important [debatable] character. It looks vaguely military, like Cecile's always does, but with a school uniform twist instead of a smart-looking dress uniform. I think it is more likely she was probably drafted as a civilian contractor and maybe even possibly in a plea-bargain scenario on charges of threating Britannian forces with a weapon of mass destruction. Though the plea-bargain bit is a bit complicated and unlikely. Don't you think she'd still be at school and working part time instead? She was distinctly not present in the first episode nor in the student council room in this episode.

Until it is expressly said otherwise, I'm going to stick with the assertion that there's no way in hell she earned a title.

Idealistic
Tue, 04-15-2008, 02:41 AM
Man... Suzaku doesn't look badass enough to be a bad guy. Bleach did the right thing with Aizen. Aizen didn't look badass enough to be the bad guy, then bam! he loses the glasses and gets a hairstyle change and suddenly looks super badass to be a bad guy.

But yes, I agree, I hope Suzaku dies. I don't want none of this bs where he realizes he's wrong and decides to join Lelouch. I want him to diiiiiiiiie! Plus, these things happen way too much where the friend of the main character who was evil turns good. Sometimes, coldness is a good thing.

Question though, when Lelouch used his geass on Suzaku, it wasn't a permanent thing right? He told him to live, but we don't know how long the effect lasts? Maybe that's why Lelouch couldn't shoot Suzaku and why he missed.

If not then it's probably as Rhyll said where Lelouch just couldn't do it. Or he's just a lousy shooter.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 04-15-2008, 03:11 AM
Lelouch didn't miss or hesitate, and he isn't a lousy shooter. The bullet was dodged, with Suzaku's godlike reflexes. The geass didn't kick in, or rather, it doesn't matter if it did or did not, since Suzaku would have dodged the shot either way.

Still, while I do say that Lelouch didn't hesitate with his shot, that does not mean that he wanted to simply kill Suzaku. He knows Suzaku's abilities better than anyone, including the fact that he can go matrix at anytime.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-15-2008, 03:14 AM
I actually don't think Lelouch meant to miss Suzaku at all at the end of Ep 25. He was urgently wanting to save Nunnaly, only to have Suzaku fire back "it has nothing to do with you." Being Nunnaly's closest person, I think his mind would have been screaming "If you're not gonna help, just fuck off."

The little speech about selling out your friends was just part of his usual mind games IMO. Also, next episode's preview, Lelouch somehow got rid of his perma-Geass. From watching Ep 2, I'd say the awoken Geass is definitely permanent, so we'll see how he controls it next week. (Since we're taking some wild guesses, I wonder if this will work. Rolo also has a commanding Geass. Rolo commands Lelouch to control his Geass.)

Awesome ep, and the team did a good job drawing parallels with the first season.

edit: too slow, didn't see Shinta's post

David75
Tue, 04-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Nice ep and all.

However I was quite disapointed with character design/art. It really was awkward at times.
I don't know why, but sometimes I felt like watching "Ants" the animated movie. Especially in one scene with Karen.

I will try to come up later with ideas around this world. All we see is illusion. Even the Emperor probably is a puppet. I will have to rewatch the ep for more material.
I would say Season 1 got us into the universe.
Season 2 could show us how incredibly fake are every assumptions we may have.
From the moment you encounter someone with the ability to rewrite memories and who possibly has another power, you can pretty much do anything with the story.
We don't even know the limitations of his power (more than one use and so on...)