PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

DDBen
Mon, 06-09-2008, 04:04 PM
@Ryllharu

There is proof its not a simple contact lens C.C. says it flat out when Lelouch says its probably not just a simple contact lens. That was this season and your right we went over that before the fact remains is its not exactly what your saying based on in show dialog.

Also I think its moronic to insist people stop discussing anything that doesn't have a clear answer this is a discussion topic if you don't care to participate in talking about or speculations about a certain theory don't but do not sit there and complain people dare discuss something.

EDIT: Lelouch's Geass goes through regular glasses because you can see through them. Enough to see the symbol in his eye, enough for it to do whatever mumbo-jumbo it does (be it some other wavelength of light, the effort of seeing it at all, whatever). Mao didn't need that. If they were in his range, he heard their thoughts.

You made your edit longer so let me further address it. First off we know knowthing about how Mao's Geass fully worked its all assumptions. The result was he heard or at least we are shown it as him "hearing" peoples thoughts. If we want to make this a visual Geass its pretty easy. He isn't HEARING anything instead his eye's cause him to see peoples thoughts by reading the electrical waves given off by the persons brain. The reason for the headphones/glasses which only somewhat dampened the effect is that the waves from his eye's that read the ambient brain waves floating around are somehow blocked by his skull so they come out of the holes in his head namely his ears and the eye's producing them but not anywhere else.

Initially the pulse that was put out by his eye's wasn't strong enough to also go out of his ears so placing a contact on them to dampen the waves from exiting his eye's was enough to block his Geass.

Also there is a strong possibility that the earphones did NOTHING to block his geass as they were mainly in place so he could listen to C.C's voice and as such its very possible the only important thing for muffling his Geass was the glasses. If this is true instead then it makes perfect sense that the contact could be used to block his ability despite how you think it works..

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
@DDBen - I think you misunderstood Ryll's point about seeing through the contact lens. Its about other people seeing through them, not Lelouch, obviously. I cannot begin to understand how you can assume the opposite from the way it was stated. He even mentioned the helmet, for crying out loud.

About the thing about stopping discussion... Discussion is all well and good, but all this has been said before. Repeating it here is a waste of space. Still, its not like its a crime so I do not necessarily oppose it.

As you say, it has been mentioned that there is something special about the lens (which may very well be the simple fact that Lelouch can see through them without letting the geass affect other people), and it may do something to inhibit Lelouch's geass, but I side with Ryll that it is highly unlikely that Mao's geass will be affected in the least by such a device.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Also I think its moronic to insist people stop discussing anything that doesn't have a clear answer this is a discussion topic if you don't care to participate in talking about or speculations about a certain theory don't but do not sit there and complain people dare discuss something.

You made your edit longer so let me further address it. First off we know nothing about how Mao's Geass fully worked its all assumptions. The result was he heard or at least we are shown it as him "hearing" peoples thoughts. If we want to make this a visual Geass its pretty easy. He isn't HEARING anything instead his eye's cause him to see peoples thoughts by reading the electrical waves given off by the persons brain. The reason for the headphones/glasses which only somewhat dampened the effect is that the waves from his eye's that read the ambient brain waves floating around are somehow blocked by his skull so they come out of the holes in his head namely his ears and the eye's producing them but not anywhere else.

Initially the pulse that was put out by his eye's wasn't strong enough to also go out of his ears so placing a contact on them to dampen the waves from exiting his eye's was enough to block his Geass.

Also there is a strong possibility that the earphones did NOTHING to block his geass as they were mainly in place so he could listen to C.C's voice and as such its very possible the only important thing for muffling his Geass was the glasses. If this is true instead then it makes perfect sense that the contact could be used to block his ability despite how you think it works..Don't be pedantic about "hears thoughts" versus "mind's eye" or however you want to describe telepathy. Frankly, I know that that kind of debate is beneath you (as evident by our previous debates).

I might as well cover these in reverse order:

I never said the headphones did anything to block his Geass and you are putting words in my mouth (so to speak...) saying I did. It was very obvious what the headphones did. They distracted Mao from all the other shit flowing into his head. He concentrated only on her voice, remembering that he couldn't hear her thoughts either, and focused on that feeling, effectively blocking all the other voices.

All of that above about how Mao's Geass works is pure speculation on your part, and quite the leap as well. The sunglasses Mao wore were far more likely (again...KISS, Occam's Razor, whatever) to only serve the purpose of hiding his eyes because you could see that he had a Geass and normal people would immediately think, "WTF is wrong with that guy's eyes!"

I am not basing my own speculations on how Mao's Geass worked on baseless facts as you are, but solely on what we've seen in flashbacks with C.C. He "hears" the thoughts when his eyes are shut tight, snuggling up to C.C. for warmth, obviously still suffering from the intrusion of the thoughts he "hears." These are facts, plain as day, visible in the episodes and from Mao's own mouth when he was discussing his powers with Lelouch. Which by the way, he usually wore glasses during, even when he was making quite the show of revealing every little tidbit out of the deepest of thoughts from Shirley, Lelouch, and Suzaku.

I'm not trying to quell discussion, but as shinta said, there's really nothing new here to discuss. We've done this all before, multiple times, and this particular episode failed to bring any new information that would give either of us a reason to bring it back up. I'm still utterly confused that Splash brought it up at all, and the only reason I am arguing with you again is because you and Splash brought up Mao. I ignored Splash's first post about it, but when you supported it...I took the bait.

Splash!
Mon, 06-09-2008, 05:25 PM
When I used the term 'geass Inhibitor', I did not want to suggest that it may be used to protect oneself AGAINST the effects of different geasses.I just went back and reread the earlier discussion from episode 3 and realized that the term had already been used differently. I just mean that it suppresses the geass powers of the one wearing it.

I am sure we can all agree that for a geass to activate, it seems that something is triggered from within the eye. This has been consistent with all geass users. Eye CONTACT on the other hand is definitely NOT a requirement and I already understand that. I believe that the lense inhibits this triggering event of a geass or suppresses it, if it is activated.

That does not mean that one can simply protect themselves by wearing that same lense. We do not always know how the triggered geass affects another person. In Lelouch and the Emperor's case, it requires eyesight, but for Mao and Rollo, it seems to be some other effect.

Also, we do not know what kinds mental effects a triggered geass has on a user. I believe that the reason this lense is 'special' is because it possibly protects against any mental stress that a user might experience when a geass is activated (given the geass is not too powerful).
The visor of Zero's mask seems to be made of a material that allows Lelouch to see through it but at the same time, prevent the geass effects from being transferred to another person. Why couldn't the lense be just made of this material instead. What need is there of a 'special' lense?

Also, it is far too convenient to have a lense that works for just the eye contact based geasses, unless there is nothing 'special' about it and it is just like the mask visor.

What I was saying was, that if we assume Jeremiah has an artifical Geass, then it makes sense that the thing covering his eye is possibly keeping him sane.

DDBen
Mon, 06-09-2008, 05:33 PM
I am not basing my own speculations on how Mao's Geass worked on baseless facts as you are, but solely on what we've seen in flashbacks with C.C. He "hears" the thoughts when his eyes are shut tight, snuggling up to C.C. for warmth, obviously still suffering from the intrusion of the thoughts he "hears." These are facts, plain as day, visible in the episodes and from Mao's own mouth when he was discussing his powers with Lelouch. Which by the way, he usually wore glasses during, even when he was making quite the show of revealing every little tidbit out of the deepest of thoughts from Shirley, Lelouch, and Suzaku.

I'm not trying to quell discussion, but as shinta said, there's really nothing new here to discuss. We've done this all before, multiple times, and this particular episode failed to bring any new information that would give either of us a reason to bring it back up. I'm still utterly confused that Splash brought it up at all, and the only reason I am arguing with you again is because you and Splash brought up Mao. I ignored Splash's first post about it, but when you supported it...I took the bait.

Ok lets assume his current glasses are to prevent people from seeing the Geass in his eye's and have nothing to do with him attempting to dampen his ability.

Now first off I never said Mao's ability was based on line of sight I said it was based in his eye's which is a large difference. If the contact inhibits the actual geass instead of merely blocking his ability to see the other person then it could in fact be used to negate his Geass. So actually its very important in regards to this discussion. There were statements made about how they don't see the contact being able to prevent his Geass in turn I provided a method that would allow that to take place.

Also you ARE trying to quell discussion. Splash made a post that showed he wanted to discuss this. He was not involved in the previous discussion and as such by providing information from the previous discussion it allows him to respond and further the discussion with a new set of eye's. You on the other hand instead of presenting your opinion and views decided it was important to state your opinion as fact. This being exactly what you have declared I've done in the past. You managed to do this with no solid evidence and instead merely used your opinion of what a past scene means.

Now lets look at what was being discussed and the actual parts of it that matter in the discussion you ignored. Splash agree or not was calling the contact a inhibitor and not a filter. First off we both agree its some form of inhibitor based on previous discussion. Your view is it inhibits the Geass purely by preventing the line of sight between the Geass and the target to take place by filtering it out. My view is the inhibitor actually prevents the Geass from even activating or suppresses a constantly active Geass.

So if my view is correct and it prevents the activation of the Geass there is ZERO reason it wouldn't work on ANY Geass and as such it easily could have come from then trying to suppress Mao's Geass. If yours is correct on the other hand it couldn't be used to prevent Mao's Geass because as we agree his doesn't work based on line of sight. If you wanted to continue discussion you would have presented a theory of your own as to how C.C. got the contact instead of attacking mine without ANY actual proof its wrong. You simply feel your right and nobody else has the right to discuss something you disagree with. Thats flat out the wrong attitude for a discussion forum.

I was then asked to provide a reason why my theory could possibly be correct I've done so. You may disagree with it but there is no proof its wrong either so I'm free to state it. If I post anything thats blatantly wrong and you have evidence to prove it wrong then its indeed dropped but this is certainly not one of those cases.

@ Splash!
Seems we were on the same page about that from the start because I agree with everything you just said.

Edit 2: Another possible crazy Theory.

Its fully possible Lelouch's mother had a Geass similar to Lelouch and it was her contact that he was given. This is what I find to be the likeliest correct theory if the lens is simply a filter and not a universal inhibitor.

Fact 1: Someone wiped Cordelia's memories and had her step away from guard duty that night and for her to be unable to remember even under Geass this was most likely done by another Geass. Its possible this was just the emperor but the incident seems to specific for that to be likely.

Fact 2: Nannaly isn't physically blind she's mentally blind(possibly the same is true about her legs not sure on that). Its entirely possible that if her mother had a Geass she used it on Nannaly before being shot to death telling her something along the lines of "forget what you've seen tonight and never see the evils of the world again." causing her to be unable to see from that point forward.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Let's ignore the rest because it's only going to continue to boil down to a he said, she said kind of argument based entirely off semantics and changing the definition of using eyes versus sight (though I must say I am curious to what the difference really is, that part of the post didn't make a whole lot of sense).

Now for something different, interesting, and not played out that piqued my interest. This is certainly something that has not gotten enough discussion. There was also a scene in a very recent episode where C.C. was talking into thin air and verbally addressing Marianne again.

Edit 2: Another possible crazy Theory.

Its fully possible Lelouch's mother had a Geass similar to Lelouch and it was her contact that he was given. This is what I find to be the likeliest correct theory if the lens is simply a filter and not a universal inhibitor.

Fact 1: Someone wiped Cordelia's memories and had her step away from guard duty that night and for her to be unable to remember even under Geass this was most likely done by another Geass. Its possible this was just the emperor but the incident seems to specific for that to be likely.

Fact 2: Nannaly isn't physically blind she's mentally blind(possibly the same is true about her legs not sure on that). Its entirely possible that if her mother had a Geass she used it on Nannaly before being shot to death telling her something along the lines of "forget what you've seen tonight and never see the evils of the world again." causing her to be unable to see from that point forward.

Fact 1: Wrong. Check Episode 24-25. When Lelouch uses his Geass on Cornelia, he asked her directly. She responded that Marianne herself (Lelouch's mother), directed Cornelia to leave and the guard to be lowered (25:43). This report is bolstered by Orange-kun's account of the incident that day to Viletta (see Picture Book 4.33). No Geass needed, Cornelia idolized Marianne so much she would never disobey her orders. They show still shots right after (25:49 and 25:53) of Marianne giving Cornelia the order, from the look on Cornelia's face.

Fact 2: This one I actually think is quite possible, though we disagree on the reasons. Nunnally is most certainly traumatized by the events, clearly blocked them out, or at the least, appears to have blocked them out. However, the one inconsistency is her eyes. Nunnally's eyes were very much open as she laid underneath Marianne's body. Lelouch's flashbacks of that day early on show this. Yet later, when she's being examined at some hospital, Nunnally's eyes are bandaged. There should not have been another attack in between the time the Lelouch found the two of them (you can see guards streaming into the palace in the scene), yet her eyes were damaged? Either it is part of the mental trauma, or Nunnally is very good at faking it. Maybe it is a combination of them both.

While I do not believe that Marianne had a Geass, I do believe she was a "witch" just like C.C. If some of the strange things Marianne is cited for, exceptional piloting skills, coming from the commoners to become one of the Empresses, etc, don't tip us off in one way or another, C.C. talking to her, though she is long since dead certainly should.

EDIT: As for the reason she didn't know anymore when Lelouch kept demanding of her, that's simply because she didn't know. Clovis was the exact same way, and a few other minor characters from time to time.

While it is possible that the Emperor could have rewritten all of this after brazenly killing his own wife, I'd rather believe it leads to some conclusion about how mysterious Marianne is rather than him going through that effort. It's more like she knew for certain it was her time to die.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-09-2008, 08:28 PM
We've seen C.C. revive from bullet wounds, but does anybody remember how long it took? For if Marianne was a witch, it is entirely possible that a terrorist attack of that caliber didn't kill her. The only complication here is that the Emperor (or was it Schneizel) ordered her body to be removed.

Also, to the comment somewhere before about V.V wanting C.C. dead in season one, that isn't necessarily the case. It is true that they've placed a lot of importance on capturing C.C. this season, while before they gave an order of dead-or-alive. However, from last season, we've seen on their computer files that the research team knows C.C was present during one of the Word Wars (I'm guessing WW1 due to the trenches). That hints that they already know of her immortality. With that in mind, a dead-or-alive order makes things easier for captors, while the scientists/nobles involved know their test subject will sit right up again.

DDBen
Mon, 06-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Let's ignore the rest because it's only going to continue to boil down to a he said, she said kind of argument based entirely off semantics and changing the definition of using eyes versus sight (though I must say I am curious to what the difference really is, that part of the post didn't make a whole lot of sense).

The difference is simple look at Rollo his Geass creates a store of energy at the tip of his eye and then releases a field of a certain size. Anyone in that field is on pause. His Geass is still in his eye and thats where its released from but it has nothing to do with him seeing anyone. Its very likely Mao had a very similar Geass in that his created a field that grew in size as his Geass became more powerful. So lets say the contact is a inhibitor. If his normal range is 10 feet and the inhibitor reduces that range by 20 feet his Geass would seem turned off. However if his range leveled up to 30 feet even with the inhibitor he would retain a 10 foot range.

Now for something different, interesting, and not played out that piqued my interest. This is certainly something that has not gotten enough discussion. There was also a scene in a very recent episode where C.C. was talking into thin air and verbally addressing Marianne again.

Fact 1: Wrong. Check Episode 24-25. When Lelouch uses his Geass on Cornelia, he asked her directly. She responded that Marianne herself (Lelouch's mother), directed Cornelia to leave and the guard to be lowered (25:43). This report is bolstered by Orange-kun's account of the incident that day to Viletta (see Picture Book 4.33). No Geass needed, Cornelia idolized Marianne so much she would never disobey her orders. They show still shots right after (25:49 and 25:53) of Marianne giving Cornelia the order, from the look on Cornelia's face.

I agree that took place I also feel there is more to it. Even if ordered to leave her presence there is no chance she would have left the area entirely regardless of orders.

Fact 2: This one I actually think is quite possible, though we disagree on the reasons. Nunnally is most certainly traumatized by the events, clearly blocked them out, or at the least, appears to have blocked them out. However, the one inconsistency is her eyes. Nunnally's eyes were very much open as she laid underneath Marianne's body. Lelouch's flashbacks of that day early on show this. Yet later, when she's being examined at some hospital, Nunnally's eyes are bandaged. There should not have been another attack in between the time the Lelouch found the two of them (you can see guards streaming into the palace in the scene), yet her eyes were damaged? Either it is part of the mental trauma, or Nunnally is very good at faking it. Maybe it is a combination of them both.

trauma certainly is a option but a boring one. The reason for the bandages could have been when they found her she had her eye's open but couldn't see so they simply bandaged them with medication to let them recover. Then after the treatment failed and the examination proved it wasn't a physical problem they gave up.

While I do not believe that Marianne had a Geass, I do believe she was a "witch" just like C.C. If some of the strange things Marianne is cited for, exceptional piloting skills, coming from the commoners to become one of the Empresses, etc, don't tip us off in one way or another, C.C. talking to her, though she is long since dead certainly should.

If she was a witch she couldn't have been shot to death in the first place C.C. has shown that much several times over. I think its much more likely she was contracted with C.C.. Its even possible the Emperor just wanted to get close enough to her to find out where the witches were hiding and when he did he massacred them and her to cover his tracks.

I also don't really believe C.C. would be talking to Marianne the way she does if she was still alive. It is somewhat possible she's imprisoned and witches communicate telepathically though as C.C. did know what V.V. was doing when he kidnapped Nannaly.

EDIT: As for the reason she didn't know anymore when Lelouch kept demanding of her, that's simply because she didn't know. Clovis was the exact same way, and a few other minor characters from time to time.

While it is possible that the Emperor could have rewritten all of this after brazenly killing his own wife, I'd rather believe it leads to some conclusion about how mysterious Marianne is rather than him going through that effort. It's more like she knew for certain it was her time to die.

I retain that she couldn't know absolutely nothing else. She wouldn't have gone far enough away on her own that she wouldn't have heard the gunshots and carnage that took place that night. Clovis on the other hand really didn't know and he wasn't present when it took place so there is no reason he would know anything he wasn't told.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
If she was a witch she couldn't have been shot to death in the first place C.C. has shown that much several times over. I think its much more likely she was contracted with C.C.. Its even possible the Emperor just wanted to get close enough to her to find out where the witches were hiding and when he did he massacred them and her to cover his tracks.

I also don't really believe C.C. would be talking to Marianne the way she does if she was still alive. It is somewhat possible she's imprisoned and witches communicate telepathically though as C.C. did know what V.V. was doing when he kidnapped Nannaly
C.C. seems particularly special. I do not mean to insinuate that Marianne was like C.C.

The series has shown C.C.'s memories a few times, and aside from Jupiter (which is connected to the Emperor's plan), the other planet than looks like it's covered in gears, etc, they often show a lot of girls dresses as priestesses with the Geass symbol on their forehead, just like C.C. They also show a church with the same symbol getting rocks thrown at it and nuns with the symbol stand outside, and a few others.

C.C. is more than that, because aside from being immortal (she's been around since WWI era at the least) C.C. also has the Geass-shaped stigmata just below her left breast. Lelouch has seen it when they were in the cave, and a C.C. flashback has shown her in a shallow pond with it (can't remember the episode of that one, probably the same landslide/cave episode).

But that brings up another point, if C.C. is related to this "witches church," where did all the others go? They don't share the same immortality that C.C. obviously possesses.

So I am speculating that Marianne was one of these other "witches" of the long-gone church.

darkmetal505
Mon, 06-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Code Geass + Contact Lenses = serious business.

David75
Sun, 06-15-2008, 11:38 AM
[Chihiro] Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 10 [h264][2BFC109E] mkv 426.87Mb @mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/1506096)

Downloading this now

Deadfire
Sun, 06-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Damn beat me too it well here is another link to the torrent for nyaa

[Chihiro]Code_Geass_Lelouch_of_the_Rebellion_R2_10_[h264][2BFC109E].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=22704)

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-15-2008, 01:14 PM
While the continued losing streak for Zero is also starting to get to me, I am expecting an outrageous comeback next week that should make up for it. There also seems to be a lot more C.C. in the preview, so I am really excited.

Lelouch really does seem to have warmed up to Kallen, especially after his outburst and emotional decision in this episode. Was that surprised look from C.C. a look of jealousy? But if so, why did she seem satisfied when Zero declared a head on confrontation?

Geass is extremely underused in R2, but that is not necessarily a bad thing, since there are still no blatant moments when it could have been used but neglected presented so far.

It seems that having a big reputation is taking its toll on Zero. The tactical defeat was mainly due to this. Lelouch underestimated the enemy simply because it was relatively safe to assume that a person that can pilot that well is not as strategically gifted. On the other hand, Zero's abilities (and maybe even dispositions) are quite well known to everyone, giving him a big disadvantage.

Deadfire
Sun, 06-15-2008, 03:46 PM
GG's

I'm still going to wait for Eclipse but here it is,

[gg]_Code_Geass_R2_-_10_[869B569E].mkv (http://xabin.mine.nu:3335/torrents/cd43fff3dc386b996fb3ccf4f3f3228db2f42d9d.torrent)

Sweetness Eclipse's

[Eclipse] Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - 10 (1280x720 h264) [FBEB1B25].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2010%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bFBEB1B25%5d.mkv.tor rent)
[Eclipse] Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - 10 (XviD) [BD42AA29].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2010%20(XviD)%20%5bBD42AA29%5d.avi.torrent)

IRC (rizon #eclipse)

[Eclipse] Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - 10 (1280x720 h264) [FBEB1B25].mkv /msg eclipse|sakuya xdcc send #89
[Eclipse] Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - 10 (XviD) [BD42AA29].avi /msg eclipse|sakuya xdcc send #90

Kraco
Sun, 06-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I can't believe how Xing Ke is now fully working for the eunuchs now. All the Chinese have been rotten so far, except for the little Empress. I fully expected Xing Ke to try to play his own game as soon as the eunuchs were stupid enough to grant him the uber mecha. But no... He's a faithful lapdog now. I wouldn't be surprised if he went all the way down and helped even the Britannians, though I'd be pleased if at least by then he gathered his bleeding wits and realised who in all this mess is still the best bet for China. The man is dying so it makes zero sense he would be doing anything for himself anymore.

It has certainly been a harsh season for Lelouch so far. But now he must at last be victorious or everything will be ruined for him, again, and this time there's no second chance anymore ready and waiting. It's also quite funny Rollo is sitting uselessly back in Japan. The dude could have finished Xing Ke in three seconds.

Besu
Sun, 06-15-2008, 04:58 PM
While the continued losing streak for Zero is also starting to get to me, I am expecting an outrageous comeback next week that should make up for it. There also seems to be a lot more C.C. in the preview, so I am really excited.

It's getting to me too. In the beginning I found it sort of funny how Lelouch stressed, but now it's weird. The preview doesn't look that promising for the rebellion from my point of view. It's going to take a whole lot of brainstorming for Lelouch to get them out of that situation. Maybe a surprise appearance by India will happen.

I found it weird they didn't cut Kallen out of her suit.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Good point there Kraco. Rollo is rotting at the student council room when he could have probably killed every single enemy so far, including Schneizel, Suzaku, Xing Ke, and the rest of the knights. But I guess they can't afford to take him and risk fully exposing Lelouch's cover and endangering Nunnally.

Does anyone have any idea how Lelouch can be at the school during the last part of the episode? Even Suzaku complained about it after the end credits.

Splash!
Sun, 06-15-2008, 07:59 PM
I can't believe how Xing Ke is now fully working for the eunuchs now. All the Chinese have been rotten so far, except for the little Empress. I fully expected Xing Ke to try to play his own game as soon as the eunuchs were stupid enough to grant him the uber mecha. But no... He's a faithful lapdog now. I wouldn't be surprised if he went all the way down and helped even the Britannians, though I'd be pleased if at least by then he gathered his bleeding wits and realised who in all this mess is still the best bet for China. The man is dying so it makes zero sense he would be doing anything for himself anymore.

Lelouch put Xing Ke in a pretty f'ed up situation. He left him at the mercy of the Eunuchs after using the coup to his own advantage. From Xing Ke's perspective, Lelouch would probably use Tian Zi in the same manner. It only makes sense that he offered to help the Eunuchs to save the empress. It was better than sitting around, waiting to be executed.

There was no point in turning against the Eunuchs after obtaining Shen Hu, as his followers were still on a tight leash. The only thing he could do was try to save Tian Zi. He is not an idiot so probably also knew that the Eunuchs were lying when they said that his sins would be pardoned.

From his comments near the end of the episode, it doesn't seem that he would ever willingly fight alongside Britannia. Also, the Eunuchs don't seem to want his help anymore, so I don't think its going to happen. I think that when the dust from this battle settles, Xing Ke will become an OBK ally for the short time that he stays live.

I was actually pleased that Lelouch got humiliated the way he did. He was getting too cocky of his strategic ability. Had it been Schneizel instead of Xing Ke, he would be dead by now.

oyabun
Sun, 06-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Does anyone have any idea how Lelouch can be at the school during the last part of the episode? Even Suzaku complained about it after the end credits.

Maybe it's Rollo in disguise? or someone else. This episode just showed how strong Xing Ke really is. Even Lelouce mentioned it. Too bad he's dying. Xing Ke should have gone to Zero's side.

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Lelouch really does seem to have warmed up to Kallen, especially after his outburst and emotional decision in this episode. Was that surprised look from C.C. a look of jealousy? But if so, why did she seem satisfied when Zero declared a head on confrontation?
I saw C.C.'s look as one of pride for the Kallen situation. Whether C.C. is happy with him not being able to sacrifice those close to him, or whether C.C. has grown particularly fond of Kallen (they did spend a great deal of time together at the embassy) I can't say. C.C. doesn't like to see Lelouch back down, since it shows a weakness in him that may not allow him to achieve her ultimate goals.

There's been a lot of my initial comments said, so for now I don't have all that much to add, or at least have the slightest of clues on. I'm would have to guess that the Lelouch at the academy is a faithful body double, but even then, wouldn't that very actor know Zero's true identity? That has got me genuinely stumped.

I'm waiting for the rest of the Chinese to slaughter the eunuchs in cold blood, much in the way Lelouch has Geassed people into offing themselves after completing his tasks.

I must say I enjoyed neither Suzaku nor Anya realizing that that was a picture of C.C. (next to Lelouch no less! Decisive evidence against him) with a bag on her head. Distinctive green locks poking out underneath. While Suzaku hasn't spent as much time as Lelouch or any of the Black Knights around Zero's Concubine, Suzaku should have had a very good idea of her general profile and characteristics by now. Then again, only Rollo and Viletta's team were actively hunting her.

But that scene did bring up something else. Why was Anya so curious about the picture of younger Lelouch? Perhaps the young Lady Earlstreim had a youthful crush of her own within the Britannian Court?

EDIT:
More of a side note:
I understand it was a ceremonial political wedding, but Tianzi had a garter belt on when she was sitting on the bed in the same room with Kaguya.

Should I be, a) disturbed that I'm enough of a lolicon to notice, b) disturbed that Britannia would have a 9 yr old or younger put that on, or c) disgusted at the eunuchs who not only acquiesce to Britannian marriage customs for their Empress, but sell her out in the first place.

Idealistic
Sun, 06-15-2008, 09:32 PM
I must say I enjoyed neither Suzaku nor Anya realizing that that was a picture of C.C. (next to Lelouch no less! Decisive evidence against him) with a bag on her head. Distinctive green locks poking out underneath. While Suzaku hasn't spent as much time as Lelouch or any of the Black Knights around Zero's Concubine, Suzaku should have had a very good idea of her general profile and characteristics by now. Then again, only Rollo and Viletta's team were actively hunting her.

Meh... I interpreted that scene as one of those scenes like in some cartoons where a character puts on a mustache then his whole identity is hidden. Don't really know if there's a term that describes those type of things, but yeah...

Carnage
Sun, 06-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Rollo can't give away that he's actually betrayed Britania. Yea i think Zero is Rollo in disguise.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-15-2008, 10:54 PM
That didn't really have to look like Lelouch. I was thinking perhaps it was just Rollo talking from Shirley's point of view, and when he needs to talk, he time-freezes everybody and plays the prerecorded voice of Lelouch.

Have to say, I loved how this episode played out both strategist's moves. It's really tense watching two minds such as their's clash head to head. Just when they said the Shen Hu didn't have a pilot, were saying that just no one wanted to pilot it, or that the G-forces were too strong or something?

Since Ryll's started a trend on picking up details, I smiled when I saw C.C's truck thoroughly decorated with Cheeze-kun. They were everywhere.

Edit: I take that back. Rollo's at the table. Now I'm lost.

David75
Mon, 06-16-2008, 12:48 AM
That didn't really have to look like Lelouch. I was thinking perhaps it was just Rollo talking from Shirley's point of view, and when he needs to talk, he time-freezes everybody and plays the prerecorded voice of Lelouch.

Have to say, I loved how this episode played out both strategist's moves. It's really tense watching two minds such as their's clash head to head. Just when they said the Shen Hu didn't have a pilot, were saying that just no one wanted to pilot it, or that the G-forces were too strong or something?

Since Ryll's started a trend on picking up details, I smiled when I saw C.C's truck thoroughly decorated with Cheeze-kun. They were everywhere.

Edit: I take that back. Rollo's at the table. Now I'm lost.

I wasn't that sure, but the shen-hu has radiation leaks it seems, explaining why no one should pilot it.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-16-2008, 01:09 AM
...A prideful Knightmare that no pilot was able to maneuver....according to Eclipse.

They do mention it later that it doesn't have a radiation system. Judging from what we've seen, I'm concluding that she meant it didn't use radiation as it's main source of power/weaponry, as did the Guren.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-16-2008, 02:52 AM
The specs were too high, and similar to a plane with a pilot not up to par, using it can be suicidal.

Like Buff said, Lelouch and Rollo were in the school at the end. They cannot play each other's roles that way.

About the bag on the head thing, I am not sure if the profile of my favorite green witch has been exposed to everyone (I doubt it, except for those actively hunting her), so Anya does not have to be familiar, but Suzaku has seen C.C. once right after Lelouch. Maybe he still has not been informed that it was C.C. that saved Lelouch back then. If the green hair is not known as an indication, that bag on the head would more than suffice to hide someone's identity, though less suspicious it is definitely not.

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-16-2008, 03:48 AM
its not like "green hair" is something special in anime anyways... maybe for them its just a "blonde" with a mask on... so it could be everyone and since she had a school uniform nobody could have noticed that she is not a normal pupil disguising as a ghost or someonefrom the ku-klux-klan like cartman did in southpark xD

and that picture of Lelouch + C.C, wasn't it taken during season 1? and who again is Lord Earlstreim/Alstreim? Did we see him alrdy? The connection to Anya is on wikipedia (yet not explained), but thats all and since I'm not sure if that connection was alrdy mentioned in the anime, I won't say it ^^

@plot If Zero isn't Lelouch fighting the chinese army I'm really disappointed, because it's impossible that he's not the one since how he acted how he spoke, simply everything even how he feels torwards his classmates, was done like the real Zero would have done it. It's not possible to fake that (not even by a speaker installed because of body language etc.).. not only that, but if he isn't the real thing, then simply everyone is a mastermind in this series and hyper-intelligent... This would destroy everything and wouldn't be fun to watch.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Picture was taken during Pizza episode of R2.

Anya Alstreim. Nuff said.

Observation about Lelouch/Zero this episode. Each time they showed his face through the mask, only the right side of the face (the eye with no geass) was shown, unlike the other episodes. This may be relevant in terms of identifying whether Lelouch is in battle or not.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-16-2008, 03:59 AM
@KrayZ33:
I only mention C.C.'s distinctive shade because no one else in the series has green hair. While Euphie and Cornelia both had a shade of purple/pink, green has been unique to C.C., and I just went with it having something to do with her witchy heritage.

Lord Earlstreim = Lady Anya Earlstreim, Knight of Rounds Six. Whether she is the daughter of nobility does not really matter, she is given the title of Lord simply for being one of the Knights of Round. She obviously took that picture of Lelouch back when Marianne was still alive and Lelouch was happy. So I wonder if Anya was nobility back then, and had her own little royal crush, or if she was at the palace for some other reason.

One possibility for Anya's mysterious past (assuming she was not nobility back then) was that she joined the Knights of Rounds to become worthy of Lelouch, her childhood crush, only to believe he died in Japan, making her the introverted, cold, ruthless Knight she is today. That would make her rather similar to Suzaku.

animus
Mon, 06-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Nina's hair is kinda dark green.

mage
Mon, 06-16-2008, 11:50 AM
The Zero on the battlefield is not the real Zero. I was wondering why he simply did not try to manipulate or even Geass the Tian Zi to order Xing Ke to stop attacking after its power difference was evident instead of engaging in a head on battle, but after seeing him at school it's clear. He would've chosen the Geass route if he were able to. As mentioned earlier, it only kept showing the right side of his face through the mask, which is obviously a hint he can't use Geass. Zero on the battlefield is someone in his outfit with a speaker most likely.

Yukimura
Mon, 06-16-2008, 12:41 PM
It is odd that Zero has had his mask on constantly for almost two full episodes but there's some confusion if it's really not Lelouch there with them. When talking to C.C. about how he'd known details about Xing Ke's plans he mentioned having obtained information from random underlings using Geass, obviously he could just be lying, but then how did he know?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-16-2008, 12:50 PM
It was cut in the subbed episodes, but in the promotion section after the credits of the raw, Suzaku actually comments about the fact that Lelouch is in two places at once. I guess there is simply not enough data to give an educated guess at this point because that is what the creators intended.

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-16-2008, 12:52 PM
so who is as intelligent as Zero? If there is someone, than lelouch is simply not needed in the Black Knights...

maybe they made some super-awesome-hax teleporter or hologram.. (I hope not xD)

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-16-2008, 12:57 PM
What about an android?

David75
Mon, 06-16-2008, 01:34 PM
You know what? we only need to have someone the size of lelouch wearing the mask... and manipulated like a pupet.
Then with a good radio, Lelouch can directly speak in the mask device that changes his voice, the guy under the mask being mute all the time.
It's in fact totally probable that he has a video/audio capture device in the mask and that speaker...

How's that idea? after all we're in a show where mech can fly, so a mask with those abilities, even with a wireless secured and long distance connection isn't impossible...

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-16-2008, 02:18 PM
How's that idea? after all we're in a show where mech can fly, so a mask with those abilities, even with a wireless secured and long distance connection isn't impossible...
I had this idea at first too
but how is the person supposed to move his arms hand and his whole body to Lelouch speeches?

It would be weird if Lelouch says *No* but the person who is "playing" Zero is nodding.
It seems impossible in my opinion.. unless that person who is playing Zero studied him really good...but this would probably mean that he also knows that Lelouch = Zero.

Imho its pretty much not possible to mimic the bodylanguage... especially when you don't know what the person is going to do/say

take only the kidnapping scene for example.. that would be impossible to fake

I HOPE that it's not just someone playing him and I don't want them to turn Code Geass into a second Deathnote (ep 25-end) where everything is so extremely complex, impossible to predict and gets ridicilous

mage
Mon, 06-16-2008, 02:20 PM
It's possible that the fake Zero was Geass'd to take all commands from Lelouch. It's also strange that C.C. would ask him if he had used a "truth serum" when she has been so frank in the past about simply saying Geass, but then Zero just replies that he used a truth serum called Geass. Perhaps this was a way to talk about it while keeping fake Zero out of the loop.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Hmmm... correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't the scene where Lelouch tells Kallen if she would return to him to the school taken place already on China? Plus Lelouch did take off his mask on the iceberg, in front of Sayoko (unless its Sayoko under the mask since we haven't seen her since then).

Loved Kallen pouting upon seeing Zero and CC enter the elevator together.
Also loved how CC practically made the vehicle hers with all those stickers of the Pizza Hut's mascot.

Kraco
Mon, 06-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I still find it hard to believe the real Lelouch would be sitting back in Japan while some fake was there to witness the crusial life or death moments of the Black Knights. Moreover so when we know the real Lelouch was in China during the chess match when he was considering geassing the people in the room. So, he would have needed to switch after that. I guess it's possible but a longer shot than somebody insignificant being back in Japan, where the only thing needed is to make the students think Lelouch is still there. You'd think that's quite a bit easier than what he's doing in China.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-16-2008, 03:21 PM
At least during the match he was wearing a helmet... but I did go back to confirm the scene I mentioned. Kallen falling on top of Lelouch DID take place in China.
And unless there is a new super powerful Geass (which would be very badly used if it was only to change places often) the Lelouch on Japan is likely the fake one... and my vote is on a uber disguised Sayoko.

David75
Mon, 06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
After all µSayoko would be the best at mimicing Lelouch for she has been knowing him for ages, of course that's only if she has some king of gift to it, which would be convenient for the show.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Sayoko is one scary bitch. Much of her recruitment process was shown in the DVD specials of code geass, and I tell you, she is craaaazy (to the point where she gained respect and fear from everyone in the BK). Add to that her emo/psycho side, and you get one formidable agent. There is literally no telling what she can do.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Which one was that shinta, Picture Book 9.75?

Or was it one of the audio episodes or other things that never got subbed?
(i.e. not one of the audio eps you quick-subbed for us)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Lets say Lelouch wins Tien Zi over, and convinces her that he's helping her, but the Eunuch are going to kill Xing Ke. She makes a broadcast that the Eunuch have betrayed China. Would Scheizel take those words and attack the Army, or just shake it off, rescue the Empress and reassure her that they have not betrayed her?

Edit: missed this page. I'm going with the Sayoko disguise idea, since I would think it's the most probable.

animus
Mon, 06-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Maybe Sayoko got major plastic surgery to look like Lelouch? Zomg!

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-17-2008, 02:08 AM
@Ryll - Its from the Code Geass DVD magazine 1 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=7798) and 2 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=9949)

These are raw because no one ever bothered to subtitle them. If you have a decent grasp of Japanese, you can check them out. I am not sure if a translation exists somewhere, but you guys should be better equipped researching for it (Yes I am talking about you Ryll :) )

Most of this is comedy, and a lot of the moments are "out of the story canon" as the DVD itself mentions, but since it is so far the only source of info about Sayoko (more or less), this is where I base my understanding of her.

MFauli
Tue, 06-17-2008, 05:24 AM
I really hope that Leloch starts winning again. Becomes tiring how all of his plans fail to some degree nowadays. And, well.---i dont like how Xin Ke has a mind on paar with Lelouch, i mean, that´s what makes Lelouch special.

I, too, hope for a grand comeback for the following episodes.

David75
Tue, 06-17-2008, 07:34 AM
I really hope that Leloch starts winning again. Becomes tiring how all of his plans fail to some degree nowadays. And, well.---i dont like how Xin Ke has a mind on paar with Lelouch, i mean, that´s what makes Lelouch special.

I guess that ruling the world is not just a matter of brains and Geass... Or Lelouch will never be able to attain his goals, because on those two matters he clearly is not the stronger in the world.

I hope Lelouche will soon realize that he needs other powerful people around him, some with Geass (like Rollo) others with brains (like his intelligence service guy...), others with combat abilities and so on.

The burden on him is clearly too high as of yet, meaning he is at his limit in being able to control everything all by himself. Although we do not know much about the emperor, it seems that his empire has a very pyramidal power distribution, meaning that the Emperor only does what matters for his system to work.
I may be wrong, but Lelouch really needs to deleguate a little more.

Ryllharu
Tue, 06-17-2008, 04:23 PM

Going on with what David said, Lelouch admits he might not be the smartest. In fact, he knows better by now. Cornelia bested him early on in season 1 (a lesson he took to heart and later came back to railroad her). Cornelia was weak on the political front, but amazing in the martial disciplines. Euphemia was weak on both of those, but she managed to outsmart Lelouch with her incredibly naive ideals. Against her push for the Japanese Zone, the Black Knights would commit political suicide no matter what they did. Luckily for Lelouch, he fucked up so badly with his Geass that he was able to salvage the situation into a total victory.

And now, Lelouch has openly admitted he's never won at chess against Schniezel. That's a huge admission for Lelouch. Though it was years back, Lelouch was very proud that he had never lost to any of his other siblings (that we know about) in a chess match. That's saying that no matter how black and white (no pun intended) a contest of wits is, Schniezel would probably be his superior.

So with Xing Ke, it's just one more person that Lelouch is break even with. Lelouch should have known better with the rice paddies. That was definitely a fault for him. I wonder how much of his lack of knowledge there was because of the abruptness of needing to devise a plan to kidnap Tian Zi immediately after moving to Chinese territory. It seemed like he had planned to do it for some time, but the impending marriage forced his hand.

Combine that with not enough time to become familiar with the territory like he was with Japan, and he was bound to trip up somewhere. Lelouch had the advantage of not only living there for how many years, he also had people like Kallen, Ougi, Tamaki, and the Japanese Liberation Front people to fill in the gaps.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Lelouch only admitted his inferiority to Schneizel before, not at present. He currently believes that he is either on par or above Schneizel's intellect, as shown by his comment during the chess match. I agree with his belief (they did tie in the chess match, whereas before I bet he lost miserably enough to admit it), though I have to admit he is still not up to Schneizel's cruelty and ability to control his emotions.

About the quicksand loss Lelouch suffered... It was practically impossible for him to know that the money supposed to be put into that land disappeared due to corruption, since there is probably no record of it (well, it is illegal, no matter how common) anywhere. Even with enough time, I doubt he could have gained such information, especially since he probably thinks that the info he got on the battleground was sufficient.

Kraco
Tue, 06-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Lelouch's ultimate mistake didn't happen at that field but when he discounted Xing Ke and the Chinese in general as irrelevant opponents back when he was planning the operation to kidnap Tian Zi. He should have known better considering he himself created the serious Japanese resistance practically out of nothing surprising Britannia time after time. This time he was in a sense repeating the mistakes the Britannians did when fighting against him back in Japan. Well, now that he's in a corner again, things might change. Although he does have a tendency to underestimate enemies systematically (Suzaku).

David75
Sun, 06-22-2008, 12:40 PM
[Chihiro] Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 11 [h264][26893A9E] mkv 299.93Mb @ mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/1528593)

Mininova is a bit difficult to access tonight, the alternative:

[Chihiro] Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 11 [h264][26893A9E] mkv 299.93Mb @ Nyaatorrents (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=23542)

Yukimura
Sun, 06-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Code Geass - 11 - [gg] (http://ggkthx.org/Torrents/%5bgg%5d_Code_Geass_R2_-_11_%5b5BD8F0C0%5d.mkv.torrent)

Orange-kun?

David75
Sun, 06-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Chihiro's has one dialog missing, Sayoko's word when she meets Lelouch. I guess there's no data, but that's crucial to be sure.

That ep is packed with so many things that it's incredible. Oh and C.C. lovers will have nose bleeds :D

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Finally some information that may lead to C.C.'s ultimate goal.

Did V.V. peacefully succeed her, or did he oust her? Does she want the position back, or is this merely connected to her missing identity (last discussed back in the cave during season 1). Or could it be something else entirely? How much of the cult are members like C.C. and V.V. and how many are contractees like Rollo and Lelouch? Just enough of a hint to drive us insane with speculation. C.C. and Lelouch seem to have discussed it all at length, to leave the poor audience in the dark.

What I'd really like to know is how Anya connects to C.C. They connected unintentionally (compared to when C.C. mindfucked Suzaku). C.C. caught a ton of her memories, some of Lelouch and Marianne. C.C. remarked with some considerable understanding, again leaving the audience in the dark. Anya just became considerable more important, and definitely a lot more interesting.

But I suppose with that we can see why Anya and Gino transferred to the Academy. Gino as always simply because he's bored, and Anya pursuing the connection she has with the young Lelouch (hinted at earlier last eps, during a conversation with Suzaku).

...and what of Kallen? Will she simply remain captive, will Suzaku attempt to rape her, or will Suzaku take her to the Emperor and have her memories rewritten, then taking her back to the Academy as a huge asset loss to the Black Knights, or as a spy to distract Lelouch?

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Until now I've just disliked Suzaku.
After this episode I sign as a Suzaku hater.
Damn him damn it!!! I hope he dies at the end of the season... I don't want him fighting besides Zero for any reason.

Anya looks to young to remember those moments... could she be a clone of someone? Scratch that... she looks the age of Nunnally... could she be a Britannian Princess?

And hell yeah... it was indeed Sayoko at the end. Too bad she fucked up and kissed Shirley... now Lelouch will have to fight that.

I usually do not speak of the preview, but did not like the previewed scenes this time =/

vejita613
Sun, 06-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Actually, speaking of the preview, is it me or did I see Cornelia there?

Kraco
Sun, 06-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Quite unbelievable Kallen was left as a POW. Surely the eunuchs paid the highest price for that, but it's still a good question why the Black Knights didn't capture Anya who was lying comatose on the ground. She would have made a fine bargain piece for prisoner exchange. But apparently Lelouch wasn't thinking capturing enemies with their mechas is of any importance. He clearly is still inferior to his brother, who now possesses a fine BK mecha and can thus study it and find out all of its secrets. Plus of course Kallen, whom they can torture at leisure to try to learn any BK secrets.

Britannia likely considers pretty much anybody expendable so to get Kallen and Guren back by an exchange the BK would need to have something of equal worth to offer. Some random noble hardly qualifies; they need a prominent person plus a new mecha, I reckon. Unless Britannia happens to have some fancier plan in store for Kallen, like Ryllharu suggested. Well, with this series you never know what kind of a plan Lelouch might come up with.

Yukimura
Sun, 06-22-2008, 03:06 PM
20:00-21:00 was possibly the best minute of the year.

Anyway, Kallen getting a mind wipe would be interesting, but I don't think even Suzaku would be that big of a douche (rape's not out of the question though). I think deep down he still thinks he can convince her and everyone else that he's right. But Lelouch didn't seem all that pressed about getting her back which was worrisome.

Sayako not telling him that she drastically altered his social standing was somewhat lame but I suppose it's in the report. Anyway, Shirley's bumbling love antics and their aftermath are an integral part of the show at this point, you can never have enough threads of potentially cliff-hanger producing drama now can you? There is sure to be some fall out from the library encounter, the look at 21:14 guarantees it.

On a more important note, C.C x Anya? Who was it the came out with the theory that Anya was actually a clone/relative to Marianne who was actually one of C.C.'s people? I remember reading that somewhere and expounding upon it in a joking manner but now I'm thinking it might not be such a joke after all. We've got a cult/order that's making Geass userswhich C.C. used to be the head of, and apparently Rollo isn't just a fluke. This should be very interesting. To bad we have another comedy episode next week, but even those tend to have their charms.

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Anyway, Kallen getting a mind wipe would be interesting, but I don't think even Suzaku would be that big of a douche (rape's not out of the question though). I think deep down he still thinks he can convince her and everyone else that he's right. But Lelouch didn't seem all that pressed about getting her back which was worrisome.
I think Suzaku is exactly that big of a douche (rape aside). Suzaku has stated on multiple occasions that he would like Kallen to surrender, become Kallen Stadfelt once more, and live a peaceful life that he once believed she did before he met her on Kamejima Island.

Strategically, it's a brilliant move. Keep the Gurren, pull the BK's ace out of the equation, and do it all in a way that wouldn't make Suzaku feel guilty. He'd be doing "the right thing" in his mind, pulling her out of combat.

For that to be such a strong possibility makes just one more reason to hate him.

Kraco
Sun, 06-22-2008, 03:31 PM
However, I don't think the Emperor would do it. I highly doubt he's interested or has time to meet some nameless half-blood foreigner. It might sound jolly good plot wise but I at least think this series doesn't go down such a road. The Emperor handled Lelouch personally before because the dude is a prince. Otherwise I think the Emperor just lets the princes fight each other at leisure, resulting in the strongest winning.

So, it's not up to Suzaku whether such a thing happens. Suzaku is just one small pawn for the Emperor, and isn't in any position whatsoever to take prisoners to the Emperor for a mind wipe. Maybe if Schneizel suggests it or the Emperor himself finds such a thing amusing (which I doubt).

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-22-2008, 03:37 PM
@Kraco:

True, but Suzaku is still one of the inner circle that knows all about Geass and the Shrine and all that other secret stuff the Emperor is taking such a prime interest in. Suzaku has the Emperor's ear from that fact alone. Though Kallen is not directly related to those incidents, Suzaku holds a lot more power than his position implies. He may be the Knight of Seven (lower than both Anya and Gino), but he's a lot closer to the Knight of One than he seems.

Maybe the Emperor wouldn't, but then again, anything that screws Lelouch over seems to be a big plus to the Emperor. Just like sending Nunnally into a position Lelouch would have no defense against, just because she asked.

KrayZ33
Sun, 06-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Hahaaaa fake-lelou kissed Shirley! Thats cool, now Lelouch gets from one difficult situation into another (how fitting the talk about love he had with her before that xD)

and the most interesting part was C.C. + Anya... now, I wonder who Anya actually is and why she knows Lelouch... and why did C.C's "seal" react to it, this is getting pretty interesting!

<3 season 2.

Anya adressed Lelouch as "Lelouch-kun" doesn't that mean that they are familiar with each other? She is a very cool character imho... I've read very often on other boards that noone seems to like her for some unknown reason, but she isn't much different than C.C. so I can't understand it at all, not only that but I find her quite cute (especially when Arthur the cat came to visit her and scared her ^^ and all she did was moaning and petting him with 1 finger :))

Kraco
Sun, 06-22-2008, 05:18 PM
True, but Suzaku is still one of the inner circle that knows all about Geass and the Shrine and all that other secret stuff the Emperor is taking such a prime interest in. Suzaku has the Emperor's ear from that fact alone.

While that's technically true, you can bet the Emperor had a reason for revealing all that to Suzaku. And I doubt that reason was to have somebody to chat and share his secrets with. Nah, he has something in store for Suzaku or intends to gain something by having Suzaku know and thus pay more attention elsewhere to things others wouldn't necessarily notice.

Nor will I accept, at least not yet, the sentiment the Emperor would find anything that screws Lelouch over a big plus. I have been getting a feeling the Emperor only cares about his own stuff and otherworldly matters and leaves most of the mundane things to his offspring. Which seems just fine as long as he doesn't intend to live and rule forever and thus needs one prince/princess to inherit his position eventually. And thus even if it was Lelouch he could be happy, because the strongest won nevertheless. After all, Lelouch is getting even more experience out of this than the other princes in regular service.

Board of Command
Sun, 06-22-2008, 05:44 PM
I blew a load in my pants, but not literally.

CC > Kallen

...for now.

animus
Sun, 06-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Oh, I spotted Cornelia in the preview jumping down with a sword (24:18ish)

Inazuma
Sun, 06-22-2008, 07:19 PM
And she was wearing red, with a Black cloak. Nothing like Britanian colors
OMFG, Cornelia in the OBK ?!

animus
Sun, 06-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Maybe it's an EU outfit. Has she come to exact revenge which is highly likely since she has a sword.

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-22-2008, 08:32 PM
I glanced over it the first time, given larger things were worth discussing first, but the irony of Kaguya vehemently defending Tian Zi's right to choose her lover makes that scene doubly hilarious.

Kaguya spouts on and on about how it's all about love, what is in one's heart, and politics must be kept out of it at all costs....while she boasted that she will be Zero's wife for political reasons, such as a method of legitimizing his leadership with the Japanese people, in addition to comforting him as only a true Japanese wife can do, etc etc.

She might legitimately love Zero now, and the first one to suggest that Zero start a harem, but she was all about the political motivations back in season 1.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Huh? No one watches Eclipse?

Eclipse Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 11 h264 1280x720 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2011%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b50F5CB1E%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Eclipse Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 11 XviD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2011%20(XviD)%20%5b65A42CF8%5d.avi.torrent)

@below: :) This was the first time I noticed the changed karaoke effect. Quite nice.

Board of Command
Sun, 06-22-2008, 08:45 PM
I watched Eclipse.

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-22-2008, 09:59 PM
I don't like the fact of Lelouch returning to Ashford Gakuen and leaving Kallen with the Britannians...

Oh... and about the conversation on the Emperor only geassing Lelouch... then how can we explain the Ashford students having forgotten about Nunnally and believing Rollo has been with them from the start?

Inazuma
Sun, 06-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Student council got geassed, but the rest of the academy moved back state side.

Kraco
Mon, 06-23-2008, 02:44 AM
Not wiping the minds of the rest of the bunch around Lelouch would have rendered geassing Lelouch in such a manner meaningless so it was pretty much given. However, it doesn't mean the Emperor would now suddenly geass everybody the knights bump into. Or at least I hope that's not the case. I'm not saying it's impossible, though. If they have a plan of reprogramming Kallen to aid in capturing C.C., the Emperor might be very interested in doing so if a suitable person mentions Kallen's high position to him.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 06-23-2008, 03:37 AM
I think it's just mean of Brittannia to give her food while she cannot eat on her own. But I do think that Kallen will get her memory altered.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-23-2008, 03:44 AM
If that will be the case, Lelouch is lucky he knows of such a geass, enabling him to counter it accordingly. He does have C.C., with her ability to undo that geass like she did to Lelouch.

In short, I am hoping for a CCxKallen kiss sometime in this season.

oyabun
Mon, 06-23-2008, 06:02 AM
Wow a gag ball in 4:18(eclipse). They could have used something else though.

David75
Mon, 06-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Wow a gag ball in 4:18(eclipse). They could have used something else though.

Oh you've seen it too, and dared write it here ;)

Yup, Code Geass had plenty of peculiar fanservice :p :o

oyabun
Mon, 06-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeap, and there's a lot of bondage too.. ahem karen ahem..

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Talking about that, we've sort of had a role reversal here. She's done it before, but seeing C.C. pilot a knightmare again, especially that motorcycle pose and her line "Pretty tough, huh?" really reminds you of Kallen, while Kallen herself is bound in the same white dress that C.C. was found in. It doesn't looks like she has her plug suit on, so I wonder how/who took if off?

Anyway, now that Lelouch has won himself 1/3 of the world's resources in the form of the Chinese Federation, we should finally see him move on with some strategic plans on a global scale.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-23-2008, 08:49 AM
He should do it quick too, before Xing Ke, his newly acquired ally/tool, dies.

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-23-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm much more interested in the technology India provides for him now... those Knightmares given to him were all awesome and looked very cool... much better than the soon to be mass-produced model of Britannia.

kenren
Mon, 06-23-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm curious what Sayako actually did to Shirley. Most probably will affect Lelouch's plans in the future. Anyway, another satisfying episode though Kallen got captured :( .

animus
Mon, 06-23-2008, 09:10 AM
I thought it was obvious Sayoko kissed her? Or something suspicious!

MFauli
Mon, 06-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I've read very often on other boards that noone seems to like her for some unknown reason,

Maybe that´s because little girls that behave as if they´re wise, smart and powerful are effing annoying? I could never stand such characters, and unfortunately, many anime use that clichee.

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-23-2008, 09:33 AM
but little boys acting like that are not annoying? Take Sasuke for example... or Gara...
Rei, one of the most popular anime characters, is acting very similiar to her.. or Asuka (the difference is that Rei has "less power" and Asuka is more emotional)

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Why do you even take his posts seriously I wonder?

I personally like Anya. She is quite an interesting character, and quite dry too, which is a plus if there is a dere side somewhere.

MFauli
Mon, 06-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Why do you even take his posts seriously I wonder?.

Why not? sigh

@Kray:

Little boys are just as annoying.
But regarding your examples:
In Naruto, all the main characters, except for a few, are children, so there´s no ridiculous contrast. In NGE, the children ARE behaving like children, except Rei, which is an emotionless clone, not some kid.

But whenever theres a little kid behaving like an adult, i find that VERY annoying.
And Anya is such a case.

The episode overall was good enough, to say that much. About the fake-Leloch: So is it confirmed that it is Lelouch´s maid? I heard a girlish voice, but couldnt remember who´s it was.

David75
Mon, 06-23-2008, 10:26 AM
MFauli:
Please watch the ep again regarding Sayoko ;)

Regarding Anya she could well be the eldest of the rounds and older than Lelouch. Since all of them are in the 15 to 19 range, you would think Anya is in the adult hood range ;)

As of yet we know nothing about her, so you can't really tell she acts like a brat-adult.
She probably has her reasons and story. I guess the CC/Anya reaction was there to show everyone, including you, that there's more to her, or maybe not.

MFauli
Mon, 06-23-2008, 10:52 AM
MFauli:
Please watch the ep again regarding Sayoko.

Ah, please tell me :-(
These hd-episodes run really sucky on my notebook >_<

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Why not? sigh

It is because you are the type of person that asks questions like this...

The episode overall was good enough, to say that much. About the fake-Leloch: So is it confirmed that it is Lelouch&#180;s maid? I heard a girlish voice, but couldnt remember who&#180;s it was.

MFauli
Mon, 06-23-2008, 11:49 AM
well, if your almighty highness feels so offended by my questions.....lol :-/

Idealistic
Mon, 06-23-2008, 02:43 PM
I thought it was obvious Sayoko kissed her? Or something suspicious!

What? It was obvious she fondled Shirley's breasts.

And I don't want to picture Kallen getting geassed and losing her memories. What will happen between her and Lelouch?!?! NOoOOoooOOOO!!!

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-23-2008, 04:53 PM
What? It was obvious she fondled Shirley's breasts.

And I don't want to picture Kallen getting geassed and losing her memories. What will happen between her and Lelouch?!?! NOoOOoooOOOO!!!

What's wrong with that? They might even Geass her into thinking she's a Britannian spy as well as Lelouch's wife. Then when she comes back.....0.o....

I'm much more interested in the technology India provides for him now... those Knightmares given to him were all awesome and looked very cool... much better than the soon to be mass-produced model of Britannia.

Here's where the problem is. Remember that he got all those knightmares from the section of India that wanted independence from the Chinese Federation. Now that he's buddy with them, I don't see him and tthose Indians getting along anytime soon. The plus is that India still isn't unified, as can be seen with them giving the Chinese the Shen Hu. All he needs to confirm now is that the side that's still with the Chinese are those that are helpful to him.

Or, he could just Geass them all.

Everon
Mon, 06-23-2008, 05:52 PM
The Chinese Federation that was run by the Eunuchs. Although the figurehead remains the same, this isn't the same government. It's left up in the air whether or not India will remain with this new Asian government.

In any case, I don't really see the new chinese federation forcing anyone to remain unified. At the very least India will remain on good terms.

oyabun
Mon, 06-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Well if the emperor used geass on Kallen, CC can just use the same trick she used to bring back Leleouch memories.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-23-2008, 06:34 PM
I wonder about that.

Is it not more likely that C.C. kissing Lelouch worked because he has a Geass contract with her? Lelouch and C.C.'s relationship is very special, we still don't really know any of the details about it.

While C.C. is more than capable of mindraping Suzaku, and accidentally doing the same to a lesser extent to Anya, I wonder how much of Kallen's memories she could possibly bring back? C.C. affected Suzaku and Anya because those were their real memories. If Kallen's were erased instead of merely overwritten, they might not be recoverable.

We really don't know enough about the Emperor's Geass. Was that simply the normal thing that would happen if someone like C.C., who does seem to have some sway over memories, touched them, or was it special because it was Lelouch? It isn't like Lelouch had little flashes of other things, he really lost them all until C.C. touched him. Then he ended up with both sets of memories.

Personally, I'm all for a Kallen x C.C. Memory Restoring Yuri Moment(tm). I also think it's more likely that Charles' Geass just overwrites, mostly due to Lelouch now having both sets. But there's no way to know for sure how much of it had to do with Lelouch and C.C.'s unique relationship.

Maybe we will only find out if they do wipe Kallen's memories, or if Shirley's fake memories begin to unwind.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-23-2008, 11:34 PM
I believe the possibility is there, since even during the time Lelouch's memories were overwritten (which is technically deletion plus installation), he still had a feeling that something was missing, despite the fact his memories were simply rearranged and not completely changed.

Maybe the Emperor's geass is not as strong as we think, since the stronger memories and emotions of the victims were not completely erased, such as Lelouch's affection for his sibling, and Shirley's love for Lelouch.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Shirley's love for Lelouch was never erased. All that was changed for those in the student council were their memories of Nunnaly, and perhaps the attack on the Academy.

Board of Command
Mon, 06-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Kallen x C.C.
If that happened then you might as well stop watching the series because everything beyond that part will be a disappointment in comparison.

Unless they put it at the very end of the series.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Or they can have it happen in each episode...?

Kraco
Tue, 06-24-2008, 02:19 AM
While it would be sad if Kallen got turned against them with a geass, it's somewhat likely Lelouch would also consider using it against Britannia, depending on what Kallen was reprogrammed to do. He might be able to orchestrate a nice trap. In any case I can predict he will be suspicious no matter how they regain Kallen.

Inazuma
Tue, 06-24-2008, 02:31 AM
Remember, people can be mind geassed twice, not just by the same person. Lelouch geassed his own ass back to save Nunally from Mao in R1

David75
Tue, 06-24-2008, 03:03 AM
The Emperor could Geass Karen with strategic data helping Lelouch a lot.
Remember that The Emperor objectives are quite peculiar...

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Remember, people can be mind geassed twice, not just by the same person. Lelouch geassed his own ass back to save Nunally from Mao in R1

This had me lost. I get the second bit, just not the first.

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Student council got geassed, but the rest of the academy moved back state side.

Its obvious they were geassed.
But I brought the point because the discussion was saying the Emperor would geass a low-rank enemy as Kallen (as compared to Lelouch)... and then I questioned how the school council got geassed.

Only possible option is that there is another memory geassing dude out there

Ryllharu
Tue, 06-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Lelouch can Geass people only once. The Emperor can Geass people as well, but it is not the same as Lelouch's, doesn't work the same way. I imagine if the Emperor was really creative, he could make his work the same way Lelouch's does through some really fucked up memory manipulation, which would render anyone it was used on totally useless afterward. But he obviously takes the more subtle approach.

The confusion arises from Inazuma using it indescriminately (which is completely valid) and the rest of us using the term "Geassed" (as a verb) to only refer to Lelouch's.

Besu
Tue, 06-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Lelouch can Geass people only once. The Emperor can Geass people as well, but it is not the same as Lelouch's, doesn't work the same way. I imagine if the Emperor was really creative, he could make his work the same way Lelouch's does through some really fucked up memory manipulation, which would render anyone it was used on totally useless afterward. But he obviously takes the more subtle approach.

The confusion arises from Inazuma using it indescriminately (which is completely valid) and the rest of us using the term "Geassed" (as a verb) to only refer to Lelouch's.

I was wondering one thing, is it possible for somebody who has been "Geassed" by one person to have the same done by another Geass user or will it not work because that person already has been "Geassed"?

Cause if this is the case, we don't have to worry about Kallen being used against Lelouch and the gang.

Kraco
Tue, 06-24-2008, 05:29 PM
I doubt that's true. They are different geasses. As we have seen, the powers can be vastly different.

I still wouldn't count on Kallen getting geassed, but it would seem like wisdom to expect her getting captured would have some greater meaning. She's a most prominent character, after all, and thus building a setting of her being a pow almost must have an effect on the plot later on. It remains to be seen if it's achieved via mundane means or a geass. Yet one truth is that especially Lelouch has been relying less on his power lately so if that reflects a picture any bigger, it's possible some other manner of an elaborate arc could be introduced around Kallen. I wouldn't personally mind that. It could be fancier with good writing instead of a straight-forward geass effect.

Ryllharu
Tue, 06-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Only if the Geass works exactly the same way Lelouch's does, damaging (or rewiring) the brain as it works, then it might be possible to become "immune."

We already know that multiple memory-style Geass abilities can be used on the same person. Lelouch himself. He Geassed himself during his final encounter with Mao in order to protect his plan involving Suzaku saving Nunnally and then rescuing Lelouch. Lelouch couldn't remember his own plan or Mao would have seen through Lelouch's acting. Then the Emperor overwrote Lelouch's memories when Suzaku dragged him before the Emperor.

So it's still very possible that Kallen could get brain-wiped Total Recall style.

There are only two (maybe three now) people we've met who are immune to Geass abilities. C.C., V.V. and perhaps now Orange-kun. They all grant the Geass abilities (or are synthetic copies of those who do), and cannot be affected.

EDIT:

@Kraco:

I would love to see an elaborate plotline where Kallen "escaped" in some amazing fashion, only to entrench herself as a spy. Cliche, sure, but still fun. There would be little way for Lelouch to know that she was lying, and since he long ago used the Geass on her, he could not check to see if she had been turned. Then we might have a long, drawn out, cat-and-mouse game like we were all hoping to see with Rollo and Viletta vs. Lelouch.

Still, I think that if anything, it is more likely Suzaku would return her to that Academy as a brainwashed Kallen Stadfeldt. Despite Rivalz, Shirley and Milly knowing that she was an open member of the Black Knights. Suzaku would be that much of an asshole if the Emperor went along with it.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Or they can have it happen in each episode...?
That would be just perfect.

Inazuma
Tue, 06-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Lelouch geassed Suzaku, with "Live ! " as an order.
What if the King geassed him with " Die ! " as an order ?

What would happen ? Do Geasses stacks ? What if they conflict ?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Lelouch geassed Suzaku, with "Live ! " as an order.
What if the King geassed him with " Die ! " as an order ?

What would happen ? Do Geasses stacks ? What if they conflict ?

This is where the confusion lay.

The Emporer overwrites memories, he doesn't give orders. His Geass functions differently from Lelouch's. So far, we haven't encountered two people with the same Geass, so from what we know, no.

Everon
Tue, 06-24-2008, 08:35 PM
This is where the confusion lay.

The Emporer overwrites memories, he doesn't give orders. His Geass functions differently from Lelouch's. So far, we haven't encountered two people with the same Geass, so from what we know, no.

Both geass powers deal with concepts of memory and will. They are virtually the same thing. After all, Lelouch was able to erase Shirley's memories with the command "Forget everything about me." Just as Lelouch is able to alter memory, I imagine the Emperor could bend people to his will through roundabout methods.

For example, theoretically the Emperor could rewrite Suzaku's "live" command by altering his memory about that moment. Instead of Zero shouting "Live," he could rewrite him saying something like "Die"

There are a lot of details we don't know about -- the restrictions for the emperor or how geass powers ineract with each other -- debating the nitty-gritty right now is kind of pointless :P

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-24-2008, 09:36 PM
They are similar, but distinctly different. If we're talking about both having the ability to give a command, Lelouch's is in the form of an undeniable order. The Emperor's however, is simply a memory. For example, he could overwrite Kallen's mind and make her remember the Emperor ordered her to assassinate Zero. She'll remember this, but doesn't have to follow it.

Using your example of rewriting someone's mind, say Suzaku, with a memory of Zero issuing a "die" command will yield similar results. Suzaku will remember Zero saying "Die", but he won't die unless he wants to.

In actual fact, Suzaku doesn't remember Zero giving him the Live order at all. Right after the event, he was still confused at why he disobeyed Schneizel's orders. As much as it is a concrete fact that Lelouch's Geass only works once because it damages the brain, it renders the recipient unable to remember the encounter. Suzaku deduced that the order was to live by himself, and probably through his talk with V.V.

Also, don't forget, the last time we were told about this, Suzaku still wants to die in battle to atone himself. "Live" is saving him against his wish.

Inazuma
Wed, 06-25-2008, 07:06 AM
I think the geasses are the same.

Lelouch already used his to alter memories. " Forget all about that ! "
Et the Emperor could have just said something like " Live as a normal Britanian student together with your brother Rollo without worrying of anything else. "

KrayZ33
Wed, 06-25-2008, 07:41 AM
well he wouldn't be Zero now if the emperor said "Live as a normal britanian student" because he won't be able to resist the command if his geass is like that of Lelouch

unless shirley will remember what happened back in the past, it can't be the same geass...at least the power/effect is slightly different

if shirley however remembers everything again... then thats a different story

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-25-2008, 07:54 AM
I think the geasses are the same.

Lelouch already used his to alter memories. " Forget all about that ! "
Et the Emperor could have just said something like " Live as a normal Britanian student together with your brother Rollo without worrying of anything else. "

Like KrayZ33 (I'm calling you KrayZ from now on :p), Lelouch wouldn't be where he is now if he followed the Emperor's, "order" as you put it. It's simply a memory. He still has it, but he's recovered the overwritten ones upon contact with C.C.

Lelouch's and the Emperor's Geass are different. The Emperor can erase and write false memories and that only. Lelouch's issues commands. Commanding them to forget, or you will tell everyone you remembered this is only one application of his Geass, and not representative of its power itself, which I've stated above. Two things having the same or similar effect doesn't make them similar.

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I explained this on the last page. The two Geass's can be used in a similar way, but the method is completely different.

Clarification added:
Lelouch can Geass people only once. The Emperor can [use his own] geass people as well, but it is not the same as Lelouch's, doesn't work the same way. I imagine if the Emperor was really creative, he could make his work the same way Lelouch's does through some really fucked up memory manipulation, which would render anyone it was used on totally useless afterward. But he obviously takes the more subtle approach.
The Emperor could theoretically warp someone's memory from the very beginning of their childhood to hate someone so completely they would kill them out of revenge, but afterward, they'd be so completely useless there would be no point. Lelouch on the other hand, simply orders them to do whatever task he wishes. There's no way the Emperor could give complicated orders like "At exactly 00:00 Tuesday morning, execute the purge command and drop all the supports on the eastern sector of the settlement."

Conversely, while Lelouch can order Shirley to forget him and everything that occurred between them, he cannot restructure memories in the highly detailed way the Emperor can. That's why Shirley felt so violated by Zero last season. She knew there was this enormous gap in her memories, and had nothing at all to fill it with.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Wait, can't Lelouch falsify memories using his geass? If it is an absolute order geass, he should be able to order the person to believe what he wants them to believe, including any fake memories he wishes to implant.

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Well, Lelouch's Geass does have one side affect. The affected tends not to remember the period they were under the effects (receiving the orders and carrying them out). We've seen it with nearly everyone he's done it to, Kallen, Orange-kun, Viletta, his history teacher, Cornelia, etc.

While Lelouch could say "I order you to remember the time you fell on top of me while C.C. was watching and I didn't immediately rape you," or, "You've always hated our father because you saw him murder my mother," there wouldn't be any substance to the memories.

It would be like someone telling you about how delivered their baby when you were blacked-out drunk. Sure, you'd "know" it was "true" (the baby exists//Marianne is dead), but it wouldn't seem real, more like a very descriptive story you heard from someone else. You might be able to imagine yourself being in a memory Lelouch forced on as an order.

Charles (the Emperor) uses his Geass to actually give real memories to people. Lelouch still remembers all the Nunnally like experiences with Rollo. He was disgusted with all of them after he remembered the truth, but before C.C. kissed him, they were as vivid as the memories of playing with Euphie and Nunnally in the flower gardens of his mother's estate. They have substance, you really were there.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-25-2008, 09:13 PM
But in the end such substance does not really matter much compared to the actual belief that it happened. Even actual memories fade and change gradually over time, and in the end the only thing that remains are not the images but the facts, stuff that Lelouch can fake by using his command geass, and therefore alter the person completely, almost as much as the emperor.

If there is a significant edge the emperor has over Lelouch, I think it is the possibility that he might be able to read into the memories of those he victimizes with his geass. After all, you can't really edit memories without knowing the original.

Yukimura
Thu, 06-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Remembering something and simply knowing that it happened are definitely not the same. What Lelouch should be able to accomplish with a command would be akin to blocking the truth and inserting alternative facts about an event, much like a person who had lost their memory of an event and then had the details of the event described back to them. When you show an amnesia victim video of their wedding they don't feel anything connecting themselves to the event. They can't deny that it happened since they're seeing it replayed, but the meaning just isn't there because they don't feel anything that connects them to the person they see experiencing the events in the video. Without that connection something like the love Lelouch felt for Rolo as his brother wouldn't have come about. He might have known, this is my brother, we've done this that and the other thing together, but his mind wouldn't have produced the feelings associated with those thoughts unless they were accompanied by memories of experiences and previous feelings to build on.

While clearly not perfect, the Emperor's ability seems much more complete in terms of memory injection. It can be inferred that it includes false information from all the senses to comprise the false experiences, not just false knowledge of the occurance of events. Lelouch didn't just remember he went to the park with Rolo, he remembered how it looked, and hearing Rolo's voice. I would assume there would have also been other sensory clues implanted/altered like smells and tastes and feelings as well. Flashes of how the grass felt or how bright the sun was on his skin are things that would remind him that he had truly experienced the events rather than just imagining them. I don't think simply obeying an order can impart anywhere near the same sort of experience (and thus induce the same sort of behavior) that a real memory would unless the order was specific enough to create some associated feelings and enough random sensory memories to build a reasonable facsimile of a vaguely remembered event.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I never disagreed with that. What I am trying to point out is that in terms of practicality, which in this case is about the effectiveness of geass in manipulating people, Lelouch's geass seems to be more powerful. You should know that it is much easier to simply command a person to do something or to make them think that they wish to do something than trying to induce certain behavior by memory alteration.

EDIT: I also think that the emperor can make finer details with regards to memory alteration, but Lelouch can duplicate anything that he can do with his own geass in one way or another, which makes it seem that Lelouch's power is a step above, at least from what we know as of now.

David75
Thu, 06-26-2008, 02:19 PM
You could consider it's a bit off-topic...
Regarding how memory works:
it's a mix of image, smell, sound, temperature, touch etc....

Ho do you know that?
Sometimes smelling a particular flower makes you remember some specific events.

Seing a particular color or shape

Earing some music and so on.

It's an over simplifaction, but memory is packed with senses states of the time. There are also feelings and trains of thoughts and so on.

Then there's another active part in the memory process.
For some reason, everyone has their way of modifying their memory.
I guess by now you're old enough to remark that for certain memories, clearly what you remember or want to remember is a tad different from what actually happened.
Sometimes the modifications are over details, are modifying the memories into good ones, bad ones. Modifying them for enhancing the image you have of yourself or the contrary.
Also, you're sometimes able to create a very detailed picture of an event that had strong impression on you, but for other of same magnitude you can only speak about how you felt.

Where do I want to go:
Memories aren't reliable, they evolve, brain can create or compensate for missing details.

So for example if the Emperor Geasses Lelouch, telling him Rollo is his brother, quite quickly Lelouch's brain can create complete sets of memories that will fill in the blanks in every ways the memory works:
Senses, feelings and so on.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Good point. That makes more sense than the emperor actually dissecting the memory and altering it down to the finer details. But that would mean that the emperor's geass is even weaker than I imagined.

Kraco
Thu, 06-26-2008, 03:19 PM
So for example if the Emperor Geasses Lelouch, telling him Rollo is his brother, quite quickly Lelouch's brain can create complete sets of memories that will fill in the blanks in every ways the memory works:
Senses, feelings and so on.

That would cause quite a few problems, though, because without definite details Lelouch's and Rollo's "memories" would be quite mismatched. Some mismatching is to be expected because people remember things differently all the time, mainly serving their own needs and preferences, but some things, very hard to predict things maybe, still need to match.

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-26-2008, 03:34 PM
I never disagreed with that. What I am trying to point out is that in terms of practicality, which in this case is about the effectiveness of geass in manipulating people, Lelouch's geass seems to be more powerful.

Good point. That makes more sense than the emperor actually dissecting the memory and altering it down to the finer details. But that would mean that the emperor's geass is even weaker than I imagined.
I had thought we were discussing the methods by which the two Geasses could be used to achieve the same goal, since Inazuma believed they were the same type. I guess that somehow shifted to how capable it made Lelouch and the Emperor at manipulating people. That would be the only way their abilities cross over.

Addressing your second point:
Not at all. If anything, the Emperor's Geass is much stronger. It's far more insidious in the way it manipulates people. Lelouch can order people all he wants, but it never has the capacity to truly affect free will. Orange-kun and Viletta both obeyed his orders simply enough...and immediately proceeded to hunt him down with absolute prejudice. Euphie shrugged off his order at least twice, out of love for Suzaku.

With enough imagination, the Emperor can rewrite someone from the beginning for all we know, and change their motivations entirely. He circumvented Lelouch's anger.

He could reprogram Kallen into someone who had her every wish granted by the Britannian father, thinking her real mother was some Japanese whore who only did drugs and never gave her anything, unlike her doting step-mother. And she'd come out as spoiled, selfish, and elitist as all the Britannians she hates. Or he could make her believe she was borderline nobility, and her some young officer noticed her ability, and through hard training in the military, she granted a position among the Knights of Round. He could take Cornelia, devastated by the loss of her sister, and turn her around into a flowery copy of her now-dead sister. Sure, others close to them might notice so severe a change, but lo and behold, a five minute meeting with the Emperor ("What a privilege!") and now everyone remembers them that way, as he did with the Student Council and Nunnally.

With the right stimulus, the Emperor can change who people are, permanently.

David75
Thu, 06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I had thought we were discussing the methods by which the two Geasses could be used to achieve the same goal, since Inazuma believed they were the same type. I guess that somehow shifted to how capable it made Lelouch and the Emperor at manipulating people. That would be the only way their abilities cross over.

Addressing your second point:
Not at all. If anything, the Emperor's Geass is much stronger. It's far more insidious in the way it manipulates people. Lelouch can order people all he wants, but it never has the capacity to truly affect free will. Orange-kun and Viletta both obeyed his orders simply enough...and immediately proceeded to hunt him down with absolute prejudice. Euphie shrugged off his order at least twice, out of love for Suzaku.

With enough imagination, the Emperor can rewrite someone from the beginning for all we know, and change their motivations entirely. He circumvented Lelouch's anger.

He could reprogram Kallen into someone who had her every wish granted by the Britannian father, thinking her real mother was some Japanese whore who only did drugs and never gave her anything, unlike her doting step-mother. And she'd come out as spoiled, selfish, and elitist as all the Britannians she hates. Or he could make her believe she was borderline nobility, and her some young officer noticed her ability, and through hard training in the military, she granted a position among the Knights of Round. He could take Cornelia, devastated by the loss of her sister, and turn her around into a flowery copy of her now-dead sister. Sure, others close to them might notice so severe a change, but lo and behold, a five minute meeting with the Emperor ("What a privilege!") and now everyone remembers them that way, as he did with the Student Council and Nunnally.

With the right stimulus, the Emperor can change who people are, permanently.

I guess your memories are part of what you are. It's difficult to know how much it is though.
The experiment is totally impossible, but I wonder to which extent totally changing peoples memories affect who they are.
I guess that people with amnesia are the closest example, but I can't remember exactly if there's a major change in who those people are, bar the total stranger they can become to their relatives, and the fact they are alone knowing no one anymore.

So I wonder if by totally rewriting one's memories, it's possible to change how they react, their character and so on.

@Kraco:
It's true that you need to have some consistences. Rollo is there to help in the process in our case. And since the academy has also been Geassed, The blank filling process (for emotions, senses) is based on the same core memory rewrites I guess.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-26-2008, 04:31 PM
@Ryll - that is only because Lelouch did not use the power of geass to its full extent on Orange and Viletta. If he ordered them to be his lackeys forever, it should work. We don't know the time limit of Lelouch's geass so far, maybe it does not even have one. The only time it was resisted was by Euphy, but those are exaggerated circumstances. She was also able to only resist the order to kill all Japanese for a short while, and then proceeded to massacre them despite her innocent nature. I am still unsure about her not killing Suzaku, but that was probably more for dramatic effect (to emphasize the dying character's love blah blah) than any real weakness of Lelouch's geass.

I do agree that the emperor's geass is more insidious (since it is really roundabout and deceptive), but I don't think it is more powerful in terms of achieving results in manipulating people.

Even the emperor's geass has its weakness. Even with filling the gap of Nunnaly with Rollo, Lelouch felt a certain dissatisfaction with his life, and while he did not know what it was specifically, he felt there was something off.

Also, on the last point, Lelouch can simply order someone to change permanently, and they would. He simply has not done it before. If he ordered them to think that they were chickens, they should, and if he makes the duration indefinite, it should never wear off (well, as far as we know). I mean, he even ordered someone to "forget", which is technically not something one can do voluntarily, and it succeeded.

EDIT: It has not been elaborated on yet, but I think that the emperor's geass can be used on the same person more than once. This would definitely make it very powerful, even surpassing the command geass just because it is reusable. The inconvenience of being able to use the power only once is really obvious in season 2.

EDIT2: And yeah, I started the shift in topic when I asked if the memories could be falsified, since I simply had practical usage in mind when I proposed the idea.

Yukimura
Thu, 06-26-2008, 05:16 PM
The forgetting seems like a stretch but if you think about it its not all that different from a person who's blocked out a painful event. Consciously they have no recollection of the memories but if you hypnotize them or when they dream the memories can be brought into their minds. Lelouch's forget commands could work on a similar, but stronger principle. By forcing a persons mind to never access certain memories the victim will in effect 'forget' them, however the memories would still exist, and possibly even be reachable to someone else under hypnosis.

It would be very interesting to see the interplay between two users of Lelouch's geass giving conflicting forget and remember orders.

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Lelouch actually has ordered a permanent change in someone, although it really didn't matter, because he was shot in the head about a minute later. Mao.

At the same time, we can't really say for sure if Lelouch demanding that change would really hold out. Shirley overcame with a little exterior stimulus, just like Lelouch did thanks to C.C. But how much stronger was that simply because she is who she is and is contracted to him? We can't say unless she has to deprogram Kallen or someone else.

With the Emperor, that change would feel natural. The individual would feel more like things had "always been that way."

But once again, we can still say the same about the Emperor's Geass. Lelouch's feelings for Nunnally were strong enough that he felt uneasy about Rollo. But it ended there, he needed C.C.

We're just going to keep going back and forth, so I suppose I'm better off stopping for now. In short, we really just don't know enough about the Emperor's Geass to conclude this discussion one way or the other.

animus
Thu, 06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Woohoo, I'm just glad we're gonna see Cornelia again.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-27-2008, 01:24 AM
I am not quite sure, but did Shirley overcome the geass Lelouch put on her? She did find it strange that she does not know about Lelouch while everyone thinks she does (heck anyone would), and that made her suspicious, but if everyone else forgot Lelouch (like in the emperor's case) that would not be the case.

I think in order for there to be a decent comparison, it is better to assume that both geass cannot be overcome (because that is the premise of the power, that it is absolute) and last indefinitely (because we simply are not aware of any time limit for either). In this case, Lelouch's geass seems to be more convenient, since it does not require any complex manipulation and a command will suffice.

What I now realize to be an edge for the emperor's geass is the way of simulating behavior. So far, all those who have the command geass cast on them start acting like (freaky) zombies when carrying out the command, as if completely robbed of their wills. This would not be effective for extended espionage missions, since people will notice the change in behavior when the order is being carried out. The emperor's geass would be quite effective in this case (possibly Kallen's case?).

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-27-2008, 01:35 AM
I am not quite sure, but did Shirley overcome the geass Lelouch put on her? She did find it strange that she does not know about Lelouch while everyone thinks she does (heck anyone would), and that made her suspicious, but if everyone else forgot Lelouch (like in the emperor's case) that would not be the case.

She didn't overcome it. She forgot everything, and then read a page out of her diary that was torn and thrown aside by Lelouch.

Kraco
Fri, 06-27-2008, 02:15 AM
The emperor's geass would be quite effective in this case (possibly Kallen's case?).

It would be truly effective in similar cases but it shouldn't be in this particular one, because both Lelouch and C.C. know the Emperor's power, and thus they should be very suspicious of Kallen, no matter how she's rescued. That's actually why I said earlier Lelouch could use Kallen's situation to his own advantage if she's indeed returned reprogrammed. Well, assuming she's not returned as a total zombie of no use... Like he could use her to feed false information to the Britannians or if her mission was to capture C.C., he could instead build a trap.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-27-2008, 03:05 AM
But is there any way for them to be absolutely sure that she has been reprogrammed? If the memory alteration is done well, there may even be no way to tell whether she is a spy or not, much less take advantage of it.

Kraco
Fri, 06-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Then I suppose it's just too bad for Kallen. She is also one of those persons who knew Lelouch was reprogrammed, and thus she knows of the Emperor's power. The lighter the reprogramming, the more she will still think like a BK and understand the dilemma. Unless the new programming is something Lelouch can spot, they will just have to move Kallen to a position of lesser importance as a possible security risk or take a risk and behave as if nothing happened.

Still, it was Kallen's own fault for not checking the energy levels of her knightmere before taking off. She got captured so easily because of her own stupidity. If she has to pay the price, she has got nobody else to blame. Except the despicable Xingke who switches sides every hour. Lelouch should have geassed the dude to stay on one side for the rest of his undoubtly short lifespan.

animus
Fri, 06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
She didn't overcome it. She forgot everything, and then read a page out of her diary that was torn and thrown aside by Lelouch.

That page was actually torn and thrown aside by herself.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM
That page was actually torn and thrown aside by herself.

I stand corrected then.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Continuing from these two posts:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=386769&postcount=50....I edited it just as you posted, shinta
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=386770&postcount=51

At first, I was sure that C.C. made her comment "Finally, my name is called" in response to her name being called of course. From what I saw, she muttered something, Lelouch bent over to hear, and a drop of water fell. Assuming Lelouch was listening and not speaking, and there was no one in the cave, I concluded that it must have been the sound of the water dropping.

When I rewatched it, I realized that she might have muttered something for Lelouch to lean closer like that, and that her real name, whatever it is, must have been of some significance, since Lelouch reeled back in shock. Whether it was this event, or simply the trust developed from their conversation, or both that contributed to closeness of their bond hereafter, I cannot conclude.

David75
Sun, 06-29-2008, 11:26 AM
[Chihiro] Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 12 [h264][CECB86B8] mkv 360 Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/1550651)

[Chihiro] Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 12 [h264][CECB86B8] mkv 360Mb @ Anirena (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=8914)

3 very interresting plot parts

The rest is a comedy relief ep until the end and one of the major plot parts.

Inazuma
Sun, 06-29-2008, 01:04 PM
OMG Orange kun

animus
Sun, 06-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Episode 12 by [gg] (http://ggkthx.org/Torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Code_Geass_R2_-_12_%5BD1885145%5D.mkv.torrent)

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 06-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 12 XviD Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2012%20(XviD)%20%5b792385A9%5d.avi.torrent)

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 12 H264 Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2012%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bE571AE22%5d.mkv.tor rent)

There ya go =3

Kraco
Sun, 06-29-2008, 02:56 PM
The immortal Orange-kun strikes back. I wonder just what that dude is doing. The Emperor is a funny man to send the dude there even knowing he will undo his own geass effects as well. Although it's not like it would really matter worth a single yen to the Emperor what happens at one school over in Area 11... It should make things a lot more interesting in any case. This combined with the British plans for China, and Lelouch will have his hands full. I just hope the next eps won't be like this one; basically 20 minutes of hollow comedy and 1 minute of real plot advancing material.

Lelouch should get China back to its feet asap and ally with the EU to have a good solid front against Britannia OR have some really devious plans to undermine Britannia from within. He can't be fooling around in the school doing nothing constructive.

At least Kallen got a nicer visitor instead of a chief torturer...

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Innocence can be most cruel. Look at what it did to Lelouch.

TheBladeChild
Sun, 06-29-2008, 03:17 PM
I really hope this doesnt mean that Milly wont be part of the series anymore.

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Funny episode? Indeed.
90% useless? Indeed

Lack of real plot and Kallen made it a not so great episode. It may have worked on Season 1... but here? Not much.

At least seeing Nunnally with Kallen AND the final scene makes it worth the wait of one week. Holy heck, the final scene was excellent. Blue inverted geass... and the next episode preview shows Lelouch and Orange-kun together... so I guess this geass canceller will be the Mao of this season.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 06-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Hmmm..so I wonder...can it destroy the Geass of the user itself? If that were the case then Lelouch needs to be extra carefull once he finds out. Then again he'll have more then enough problems already considering Shirley remembered who Zero really is.

David75
Sun, 06-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Hmmm..so I wonder...can it destroy the Geass of the user itself? If that were the case then Lelouch needs to be extra carefull once he finds out. Then again he'll have more then enough problems already considering Shirley remembered who Zero really is.

good question, I guess that unless the japanese phrasing is more precise than the sub, we'll have to wait and see.

To me it seems like a great problem for Lelouch at first, but it could also be an oportunity.
After all, Lelouch has been very limited by his geass working only once.
I guess Orange Kun is imune to geass. So Lelouch would need to find a way of havin him on his side. I don't know if it's possible, after all he already convinced Rollo and Xing-ke, so maybe it's too much to ask for.

For Suzaku haters, this is pure Gold, since Orange-Kun can destroy Lelouch's order requesting him to live no matter what.

So does this device destroy the ablity too? maybe, but since Lelouch is very close to CC that's not always a problem. The only problem is that for now CC is in China.

animus
Sun, 06-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Hm so with the revelation does that mean there's a possibility Cornelia might join Lelouch eventually, or is she gonna go all angsty and on a revenge binge against him since she knows what Geass is now. And I have to admit her new looks pretty hot, but by the looks of it there's permanent damage to her left arm after season 1 and seems to be cradling it.

What the hells an SP?

Kraco
Sun, 06-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Hmmm..so I wonder...can it destroy the Geass of the user itself?

I doubt that could be it. The series name itself contains the word geass so it's unlikely the geass is going anywhere. It's too big a part of the personality of Lelouch and maybe also some other characters. I'd be very surprised if it does something else than just remove the effect - not that such an ability in itself wouldn't be troublesome enough, of course.

Anyway, it seems like Lelouch could get Kallen easily out of her prison. With the two knights attending the school, it would be no sweat to geass one or both to help Kallen escape. Rescuing her knightmare probably wouldn't be that simple if Lloyd has disassembled it already.

But I doubt Lelouch will do anything like that since he's so busy dating girls these days (I don't know if I should be disappointed or not - he's a young man, after all. But it does no good to the story since he's no Kazuma Yagami).

Inazuma
Sun, 06-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Security Personnel ?

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 06-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Hmmmm, actually..now that I come to think of it. Perhaps this Geass Canceller will come in handy for Lelouch. I mean everything is undone. Which means that he could probably use his Geass AGAIN on the same person.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-29-2008, 07:51 PM
It would allow him to Geass people again, since it looks like it undid the conformational change in Shirley's brain. Only now, Lelouch will be acting with a false sense of security that his Geassed subjects will always obey him.

As for Orange-kun's Geass Destroyer, I agree with those who think it'll only cancel out the effect of Geass, simply because if it did otherwise, Jeremiah would probably charge straight into Ashford Acadamy, find Lelouch and unGeass him. Only thing I'm wondering now is, if it undoes your Geass, do you remember someone Geassing you and giving you the order? Quite possibly, as the memory loss is part of the brain damage, reversing it may allow you to access it again.

I'm glad to see Cornelia's back with style. Chances are good that she'll end up siding with Zero, as she can empathise with his underlying motive of finding out Marianne's murder. Though he's responsible for soiling Euphie's name, it's in Cornelia's character to put world destruction in front.

Board of Command
Sun, 06-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Only now, Lelouch will be acting with a false sense of security that his Geassed subjects will always obey him.
This will probably lead to the climax of the series, where Lelouch's ultimate plan fails because his geass'd victim got cancelled. The geass is always the most crucial component in all of his plans.

Idealistic
Sun, 06-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Very interesting twist indeed.

This episode is one of the reasons why I love this series. It's not always dark filled with wars and mecha battles and stuff. It always has a lighter side where you get to see more personality of all the characters.

But anyways... It looks like once Shirley remembered everything, it doesn't seem like she forgot she had her memory screwed aruond with either like how people after being geass'ed don't remember what happened.

I forgot how Shirley's father died though... Can someone refresh my memory.

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Hmmm... I just thought of something...
What about the Geass which made Shirley forget about Nunnally? Was it canceled as well? Will the knowledge of Nunnally being a Vi Britannia make Shirley realize Lelouch's real identity as a prince??

animus
Sun, 06-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Very interesting twist indeed.

This episode is one of the reasons why I love this series. It's not always dark filled with wars and mecha battles and stuff. It always has a lighter side where you get to see more personality of all the characters.

But anyways... It looks like once Shirley remembered everything, it doesn't seem like she forgot she had her memory screwed aruond with either like how people after being geass'ed don't remember what happened.

I forgot how Shirley's father died though... Can someone refresh my memory.

He died in a landslide in Narita that Lelouch caused with those seismic thingers.

Idealistic
Sun, 06-29-2008, 09:05 PM
He died in a landslide in Narita that Lelouch caused with those seismic thingers.

Ohhh I remember now.

But yes... I too hope Suzaku lsoes his geass effect so he can finally die.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 06-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Damn, that one chick smacked the fuck outta her face when Rolo undid his geass.

I also hope Milly isn't gone.

narutosharingan
Sun, 06-29-2008, 10:57 PM
The way Cornelia is finding out information makes me believe she might go against the Emperor.

xtallography
Sun, 06-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Agreed with everyone else about Cornelia. She seems to be on a determined hunt against the Geass itself and not just Zero. I can see her going against the Emp when she finds out he is the one behind the production of them.

In Shirley's memory release she had a vivid image of the Emp's face. I guess the cancellation does make the victim remember right up to the point of being geassed. In the preview she seemed relatively happy so I wonder if she is going to pretend to still not know to get close to Lelouch to try and exact some familial revenge.

DDBen
Sun, 06-29-2008, 11:10 PM
I must say I enjoyed this episode a lot more then I would have guessed from last weeks preview. Plus I'm sorry but the comedy really was advancing the overall plot mainly Shirley's plot. I stated a bit ago when most of you were only considering C.C./Kallen(Karen) as main love interests.

Anyway as far as Shirley goes this shouldn't completely work against Lelouch I mean she had pretty much forgiven him when he used his Geass in the first place. Something I should add he ONLY did to protect her and didn't she find her own note about him being zero after that happened as well?

Orange-kun running around the city ungeassing people on the other hand doesn't sit well with me unless he's 100% rogue. I mean I can't even imagine the Emperor would want something with a ability like that just wandering around a city where even his Geass was heavily used on people in the first place.

David75
Mon, 06-30-2008, 02:59 AM
I must say I enjoyed this episode a lot more then I would have guessed from last weeks preview. Plus I'm sorry but the comedy really was advancing the overall plot mainly Shirley's plot. I stated a bit ago when most of you were only considering C.C./Kallen(Karen) as main love interests.

Anyway as far as Shirley goes this shouldn't completely work against Lelouch I mean she had pretty much forgiven him when he used his Geass in the first place. Something I should add he ONLY did to protect her and didn't she find her own note about him being zero after that happened as well?

Orange-kun running around the city ungeassing people on the other hand doesn't sit well with me unless he's 100% rogue. I mean I can't even imagine the Emperor would want something with a ability like that just wandering around a city where even his Geass was heavily used on people in the first place.

I guess that the Emperor is not happy with Area 11 at peace.
having Orange-Kun undoing geasses everywhere should create tensions and chaos, making the area less peacefull and weaker. That's important for future plans I guess.
To date, the emperor really is the best mastermind around, unless the countrary is shown.

Also, I was very surprised he actually made a compliment about Schneizel. To me it's really not in his character, unless it serves a purpose.

Other point:
I wonder if Orange-kun could side with Cornelia. He seems pretty upset about everything, but her image is so strongly pure, almost like a Godess of War, that she may be the one to change his mind. I guess that before he was geassed, Cornelia was a leader he respected.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-30-2008, 03:27 AM
Other point:
I wonder if Orange-kun could side with Cornelia. He seems pretty upset about everything, but her image is so strongly pure, almost like a Godess of War, that she may be the one to change his mind. I guess that before he was geassed, Cornelia was a leader he respected.

Perhaps. I would have thought a more influential candidate would be Villetta. Come to think of her, she seems rather comfortable in her position now.

kenren
Mon, 06-30-2008, 04:53 AM
Just seeing the fake Lelouch did some gymnastic moves really made me laugh. Anyway, I hope Shirley does not go against Lelouch o_O.

Inazuma
Mon, 06-30-2008, 06:45 AM
Anya is way more likable after this ep. Her overkill side is just too much, Mordred, in order to capture a hat, a boyfriend ? It maid me smile.

The Cornelia case : If she sides openly with Zero, the Glaston Knights will follow her. And those guys, are the sit. If they didn't fought against the Obk in R1, Area11 would be owned by the Japanese.

The Orange-kun case : I can't see him joining up forces with Cornelia in an honest way, she blames the Geass for Euphie's death and Orange is part of the Order together with VV. Unless theres a plot hole the size of the Grand Canyon, I think we won't see them together on the field.

About Villeta : Now that it's been mentionned, yes, she does look like she isn't forced to work with them. Stockholm Syndrome ?

About Sayoko : She is Specil Ops, or better. She gotta be, she's too good for your usual maid.

oyabun
Mon, 06-30-2008, 07:37 AM
A geass canceller? that would mean a chance for Lulu to use geass on the same people again. Just how would he use this key factor for his plans.? hmmm things will get intresting in the comming episodes.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-30-2008, 08:02 AM
A geass canceller? that would mean a chance for Lulu to use geass on the same people again. Just how would he use this key factor for his plans.? hmmm things will get intresting in the comming episodes.

True that canceling the Geass effect on his previous subjects would allow Lelouch to Geass them again, which could work to his advantage. However, I see having a Geass Canceler running around the place as a really bit potential threat, especially to Lelouch. As someone mentioned before, Geass tends to play a crucial role in his plans. Without absolute security that his orders will be carried out, all of Lelouch's plans that use them will be on the basis of "If he caries this out..." and "What if this doesn't happen?". That's too shaky to plan any reliable strategy, lest he can control Jeremiah's movements. In the end, it's in his best interests to take him out as soon as possible.

Like mentioned before, Orange-kun is playing a role very similar to Mao, likewise with his timing into the second season. Heck, he even chose Shirley as his first victim. (first main character close to Lelouch that is.)

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Another thing I noticed and no one has mentioned...

Nunally visited Kallen so...

1) Is Nunnally in the main land? or
2) Is Kallen being held captive at Japan?

Besu
Mon, 06-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Just seeing the fake Lelouch did some gymnastic moves really made me laugh. Anyway, I hope Shirley does not go against Lelouch o_O.

I was laughing during the whole chase.

Kraco
Mon, 06-30-2008, 10:27 AM

My hunch says this is the case. It's kind of interesting they haven't seemingly done anything with Kallen so far, unlike her mecha. But then again, keeping the prisoner isolated and guessing what is going to happen is already one mild form of a torture alone and a basic component of any prolonged torture treatment in general.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Or maybe Suzaku or Nunnally is keeping her safe.

DDBen
Mon, 06-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Another thing I noticed and no one has mentioned...

Nunally visited Kallen so...

1) Is Nunnally in the main land? or

It was stated before in china that Suzaku took Kallen/Karen. Being Suzaku is in Japan I can only assume that she is rather close to his location. Lloyd is also near Suzaku as he maintains the Lancelot and is currently the one working on the Gurren,

Yukimura
Mon, 06-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Nunnally is the Governor of Area 11 where else would she be but there?

Since Suzaku is still pretending he's a nice guy I suspect he handed Kallen over to the local jail and told them not to rough her up or try to extract any information out of her. Thus they tied her up since she's pretty dangerous acrobatically and just left her in a cell. I'm curious to see what Nunnally will do with her though. I definitely can't see her sending Kallen to get Geassed by the Emperor and she's a softy so she probably wouldn't want to start interrogating her for information about Zero, all that really leaves is talking about stuff, most likely Japan.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Which then makes me return to a previous question...

Does Kallen know Lelouch is not only a britannian... but also a Prince?
Does Shirley know now that she recovered her memories and knows Nunnally is the Governor??

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Let us not forget that Nunnally already has an inkling about Zero's identity. It only makes sense that she asks Kallen about it, though of course in her innocently cruel manner. Let us hope if she does that Kallen does not slip up and expose the siscon brother.

If the reset geass means that she still retains the fake memories and everything after that, then she should know about Nunnally being governor as well as Lelouch's sister. But that would also mean she knows that the emperor and Lelouch used geass on her, or at least find it strange that she actually forgot what Lelouch specifically told her to forget and that she actually met with the emperor.

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Nooooo just when the Shirley x Lelouch love was going to start.... damn!
This is getting to the climax at the moment, I really can't wait for the next episode to come 8[ I really wonder how shirley will act now... (damn again: it was so close!)

btw
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8797/neubitmapby2.jpg

:) I like Anya.. and I won't listen to all the "Anya haters" in the web.. she's funny,cute and cool.
What does she think about Lelouch... I bet she has/had a crush on him

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Which then makes me return to a previous question...

Does Kallen know Lelouch is not only a britannian... but also a Prince?
Does Shirley know now that she recovered her memories and knows Nunnally is the Governor??

!) From what we know...no.
2) Most likely.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-30-2008, 09:07 PM
That is my question... Kallen obviously know that Lelouch and Nunnally are brother and sister... so how come the director of this series is ignoring the obvious, and hasn't make Kallen learn this? CC knows... Sayoko knows... Viletta surely must know...

Everon
Mon, 06-30-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Kallen knows Lelouch was a former royalty. Don't forget, she was also with C.C.'s for a time. I'm sure they had a nice chat about Lelouch and Geass.

Kallen was upset at first, but now she believes Lelouch is the only one that can save them. In the grand scheme of things, being of royal descent doesn't matter to her.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, not anymore, since she got seduced by Lelouch.

Besu
Tue, 07-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Nooooo just when the Shirley x Lelouch love was going to start.... damn!
This is getting to the climax at the moment, I really can't wait for the next episode to come 8[ I really wonder how shirley will act now... (damn again: it was so close!)

btw
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8797/neubitmapby2.jpg

:) I like Anya.. and I won't listen to all the "Anya haters" in the web.. she's funny,cute and cool.
What does she think about Lelouch... I bet she has/had a crush on him

I don't know about Anya. It looks to me like she had some old crush on Lelouch when he was younger. But that doesn't figure out right to me. She's about the same age as Nunnally plus Lelouch seems to have no memories relating to her (so far). It's weird. And she's the only one who can confirm that Lelouch had a double without being caught up in his web. But didn't blur it out (maybe in the next eps)
I think the next 2 eps should become very interesting and hard for Lelouch.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-01-2008, 08:04 AM
I don't know about Anya. It looks to me like she had some old crush on Lelouch when he was younger. But that doesn't figure out right to me. She's about the same age as Nunnally plus Lelouch seems to have no memories relating to her (so far). It's weird. And she's the only one who can confirm that Lelouch had a double without being caught up in his web. But didn't blur it out (maybe in the next eps)
I think the next 2 eps should become very interesting and hard for Lelouch.

Of course, it's not as simple as a court girl having a crush on a Britannian prince. Having triggered off C.C.'s scrambler, she's not going to be there to merely form a love pentagon. I don't have an idea myself, but she most likely links back to Marianne in some way. I'll be interesting to see her story unfold, but I have a feeling that it'll be after this arc at least, with the reintroduction of Orange-kun.

animus
Tue, 07-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Maybe she's like the proto-type genetic clone of somebody (maybe Marianne), but with different hair color?

Everon
Tue, 07-01-2008, 11:22 PM
nah I doubt the story behind Anya will develop into anything that complex.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-02-2008, 08:40 PM
[Nipponsei] Code Geass R2 Sound Episode 1.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Code%20Geass%20R2%20Sound%20Epis ode%201.zip.torrent)

I suggest we turn this thread into a CG music release thread like the other ones in the Series En Fuego section.

I don't know exactly what this is, but I'll find out soon enough.

NM
Wed, 07-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Good idea Buff.

/changes thread title

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Here is one of the two sound episode files in the first sound episode release for Code Geass R2. I did the video and translations. Hope you guys enjoy it!

For those reluctant to watch it, it contains C.C. and Kallen duking it out, verbally and physically.

Sendspace:
Beautiful Record of the Rebellion (http://www.sendspace.com/file/afwels)

YouTube:
Here is the link for the first part.
Beautiful Record of the Rebellion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac-2rC5VGcE)

Here is the second part.
Beautiful Record of the Rebellion 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0qSuQjJDXg)

EDIT: I had to relearn a lot of stuff to do this, since the last time I did any subbing was when I subtitled some of the sound episodes from season 1 of Code Geass. I request that any criticisms be in consideration of that (meaning please don't bash me too hard :) )

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-03-2008, 07:54 PM
It's almost like our prayers have been answered. Thanks for the subs Shinta, and the video made it all the better.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Follow this link for Shinta|Hikari's subbed version. Whether you understand Japanese or not, the added video just makes it a whole lot better.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16191

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Holy hell... Shinta... you are god...

Did you ever did those of Season 1?

BTW... the first dvd set of Code Geass will bring the first sound drama with it... wonder how they are doing that...

oyabun
Fri, 07-04-2008, 12:53 AM
yeap shinta also did the sound episodes of season 1. He uploaded it on youtube but unfortunately it was erased by youtube.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-04-2008, 01:07 AM
The torrent link does not seem to be working well. Does the sendspace link work?

I did some of the sound episodes in season 1 (mainly those with C.C.) and put them in youtube but this happened

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/shinta617/copyright.jpg

This is the link of the surviving one. Its about Shirley. I still don't understand why this is fine while the others were removed for copyright infringement. Sunrise actually contacted youtube to have my videos removed.

Shirley before the Concert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxi4UmGmxI)

Kraco
Fri, 07-04-2008, 03:43 AM
Most excellent work! It's a pleasure to watch these with the images you have picked there for the background. Much more inspiring than just to listen to the audio (or so I imagine because obviously I haven't listened to the Japanese audio as such...).

Thanks for subbing this for us!

TheBladeChild
Fri, 07-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Oh man that was great. Now if only C.C. and Kallen would have more convos like this in the real series.

oyabun
Fri, 07-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Maple syrup on egg? lol

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Any chance for you to upload those of season 1 to sendspace as well? I had no problem downloading them from there.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I will try to do so if and when I find them. They might be lost in the abyss of my former computer.

Vertumnus
Sat, 07-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Thank you for your work on the sound dramas. I really appreciate it :) .

David75
Sun, 07-06-2008, 11:48 AM
[gg]Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 13 [h264] mkv 379.4Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/1572415)

Idealistic
Sun, 07-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Holy shit.... So many backstabbers!! lol. I'm assuming Rolo killed Shirley because she mentioned Nunnally and he doesn't want her to come back and take his spot right? Damn... Now Lelouch and Suzaku both lost the girls they liked. Does that mean that's 1 step closer to the two of them joining teams?

I don' t know if I should be happy or sad that Shirley died. Shirley dying means no more Shirley.... But Shirley dying means more Lelouch x Kallen/C.C.

Orange joining OBK is pretty cool. This just means they have an even bigger chance to take on Brittania.

Still.... Shirley... :(

OMG I hope Rolo dies now.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I felt really sad when Shirley died, not because I liked Shirley (in fact I probably disliked her a little) but because I felt sorry for Lelouch. He lost his sister, an ace pilot and friend, and now a girl he probably liked to some extent. Last time Kallen gave him a kick in the nuts to wake him up. I hope this time it is C.C.'s turn, an event I hope is being foreshadowed by this (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/shinta617/wings-1.jpg) ending picture (I cleaned it up a little).

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I had a feeling we would not see Shirley again after she wasn't in the opening. I even went through it frame by frame, trying to see everyone that appeared.

It was quite interesting to see Kallen still her normal self, but the Gurren modified and equipped with the same wings as the Lancelot... plus... when all the Knightmares on the OBK appeared Mordred was there... hmmm...

Orange-kun as an OBK? Nice! And Ogi heard Viletta's voice...

Rollo will end switching sides again at this rate...

Good bye Shirley, I won't miss you. Despite this episode having no Kallen I enjoyed a lot, but I hated the fact she isn't on the ending song. LOL at gg cursing Ali Project as well.

EDIT:
oh yeah... CC was not there either... guess that is why the episode thread is a bit slow this week... despite it having good action... I want Kallen back...

animus
Sun, 07-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Man, I have to say I thought for sure Orange was gonna like impale Lelouch once he turned off the Gejfun Disturber. I was wrong. But still, am I the only one that thinks his "turnaround" was really fucking random? I guess he really did respect Marianne a lot.

That sucks for Shirley, but as of recent, until this episode she was a totally expendable character. But seriously, her death speech had me a bit choked up on liking Lelouch through reincarnation, etc.

V.V. made it sound like he was literally Cornelia's uncle. I had thought that the Emperor calling V.V. "nii-san" awhile back was just honorific I guess, but it's a little weird there. In the preview we see Cornelia in prison, and I'm still wondering what's gonna happen to her in the future? The path of OBK with Lelouch? Single-handedly going up against Britannia? Maybe rejoining Britannia, since I see her with Guilford again in the OP (though she was still in her updated outfit).

It was quite interesting to see Kallen still her normal self, but the Gurren modified and equipped with the same wings as the Lancelot... plus... when all the Knightmares on the OBK appeared Mordred was there... hmmm...

On that note, the Gurren wasn't there either and wasn't fighting the Lancelot in the intro, sure that doesn't mean anything but who knows!

MFauli
Sun, 07-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Man, I have to say I thought for sure Orange was gonna like impale Lelouch once he turned off the Gejfun Disturber. I was wrong. But still, am I the only one that thinks his "turnaround" was really fucking random? I guess he really did respect Marianne a lot.

I actually found it totally ridiculous and lame presented. There we get introduced to this awsome new enemy of Lelouch, then they meet, a little story, and all of sudden Orenji-kun changes sides. WTH?!
And yeah, i too expected him to attack Lelouch the moment he deacitived that machine...really, how insane was that of Lelouch to do that? He just couldnt be sure if Orenji was telling the truth, and even if, he should be more careful, sigh.

On Shirly...YEAH! I found her annyoing from the start. Lelouch is gonna end up with either Karen or CC, no place for Shirley.

Ryllharu
Sun, 07-06-2008, 06:16 PM
I enjoyed the turn with Orange. I expected it to be another rehash of Mao. Same exact circumstances, an ability that completely renders one of Lelouch's greatest assets worthless. Last time Mao was able to foil Lelouch's strategic mind...and it went on forever. Here, Orange could have gone on for some time foiling all of Lelouch's intricate Geass-powered plans. Thankfully, they turned it around on us. The Picture Book starring him and Viletta was really truthful after all. Marianne was just that impressive.

But seeing Shirley go wasn't that much of a surprise. What could they really do with her anymore? She was fully developed as a character a few times over. Now she's just another Euphie. I did like the effect of her blood bubbling out of the wound over and over. Added a bit of realism to the whole scene.

I wonder if Viletta will try to arrange a meeting with Ougi. Her hostility towards him seemed to be completely gone in the mass Zero exodus episode. She's surely remembered the nice way he always treated her and never did anything untoward to her.

Yukimura
Sun, 07-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Orange-kun's turn is quite humorous considering he was originally dishonored for seeming to side with Lelouch and now he actually has changed sides. What is it about that guy that makes people want to follow him instead of the country they had previously been loyal to their whole lives...foreshadowing perhaps? We know Lelouch is being groomed for Kingship and inspiring loyalty is certainly an important part of that.

Shirley's death was a wakeup call for me about Rolo. Lelouch doesn't seem to have caught on to the danger Rolo posses where Nunally is involved. I guessing he thinks that Rolo just want's a family and would accept having a brother as well as a sister, but we all know Rolo really wants Lelouch all to himself (why is there so much boy love in my mecha/action show???...).

Thankfully there was still some random hotness (http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/sample/sample-7b39a860bcf6ac2baffde8c901981b35.jpg) to keep the show grounded.

And the new OP....I'm not a fan of the song but there were goo gobs of juicy details in the video. Gurren Destiny?! Strike Lancelot?! Surely not!!! And what's with Jupiter...are we watching Code Geass or Gundam 00, I'm honestly not sure sometimes.

P.S.
Code Geass R2 - 13 (1280x720 H264) - [Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2013%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b208F04A6%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Code Geass R2 - 13 (XviD) - [Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Code%20Geass%20-%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion%20R2%20-%2013%20(XviD)%20%5bBEA332F4%5d.avi.torrent)

Board of Command
Sun, 07-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Did anyone notice that there's no Kallen in the new ED? Uh....:(

oyabun
Sun, 07-06-2008, 10:37 PM
There also no CC in this episode .:( I can't Wait for Leleouch to find out who killed Shirley.

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Did anyone notice that there's no Kallen in the new ED? Uh....:(

I did. Thus, I hate it, even if I like Ali Project's songs...Me needs my Kallen fix...

Good bye Shirley, I won't miss you. Despite this episode having no Kallen I enjoyed a lot, but I hated the fact she isn't on the ending song.

I want Kallen back...

Carnage
Sun, 07-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes, she's finally dead. Now we only have to wait for the other 923,871 characters in the this huge cast to die.

Long live the cat!

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Shirley's scene was comparable to Euphie's, like someone else said. Perhaps a bit less emotional, but for me, R2 has been less on emotionally triggering than S1. Still, it's saddening that she died, especially in that manner. Rolo just became my new "Most hated CG character".

Having Jeremiah on Lelouch's side now will be a a huge asset. Maybe not for his Geass Cancellor, since most Geass users are with the BK, but more his loyalty, combat ability and inside information, especially if he remains in the Order as a spy. His canceller will be handy when Rolo switches, but not until then, lest Lelouch really wants to Geass people over and over.

You can add me to the list of people who expected Orange-kun's blade coming out of Lelouch's back when he disabled the Disruptor. In particular, it was the shot where his robotic eye contracted as if he regained his murderous intent.

Viletta...now she was rather interesting. At first, she was out to get Lelouch and C.C. Then she was forced to betray to keep her status. A few episodes before, she was quite happily doing Lelouch's bidding, and we could attribute that to Stockholm Syndrome. Given Jeremiah's appearance though, she had to evaluate her options. Was she to remain with the BK or take the chance and escape? In no time though, she came up with the decision that she did. So what's in it for her?

Board of Command
Sun, 07-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Viletta...now she was rather interesting. At first, she was out to get Lelouch and C.C. Then she was forced to betray to keep her status. A few episodes before, she was quite happily doing Lelouch's bidding, and we could attribute that to Stockholm Syndrome. Given Jeremiah's appearance though, she had to evaluate her options. Was she to remain with the BK or take the chance and escape? In no time though, she came up with the decision that she did. So what's in it for her?
She's in it for Ougi.

Carnage
Mon, 07-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Rolo just became my new "Most hated CG character".

Nope. It's just so hard to top Suzaku.

David75
Mon, 07-07-2008, 12:27 AM
I thought that ep was weak.
Orange-kun alliance was foreseen last ep... but done in such a non appealing manner.
I've seen nothing that interresting in the rest of the ep. Just liked the immediate flying knife in VV forehead :D

Regarding Shirley's death, I find it very slightly intriguing we did not clearly see Rollo executing her.
Rollo has been presented as a quick and cold killer and we've seen him doing it very openly. Why is it this time it was "hidden"? And with a gun in the belly too when my memorry tells me he prefers small cutting neck blades?

TheBladeChild
Mon, 07-07-2008, 12:48 AM
I actually thought Shirley's death was kinda sad, as the series went on she became less and less annoying. Its probably because she has been getting less and less screen time compared to season 1(I mean you cant really be annoyed with someone you do see much, Nina being the exception).

@Buffalobiian

No, way man, Suzaku is still the worst char in this series. As fas a Rolo goes I only moderately dislike him.

And ya, wtf? No Kallen that a big - for this episode, I was looking forward to the conversation between here and Nunnally.

Orange-kun's sudden side switch seemed like upper BS to me. I was expecting him to reek havoc on the OBK for at least a few episodes and he ends up joining up with Lelouch...I mean comon.

As for Sayako, shes freaken ninja...thats just AWESOME.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-07-2008, 01:57 AM
She's in it for Ougi.

I guess that might just be where we're heading now.

As always, Suzaku hate is strong with you, Gotwooters. :) I haven't been too hateful to that guy, so Rolo tops the list by my standards. I usually end up hating those who kill of characters I like.

One more thing I thought I'd mention, with Jeremiah around now, he provides the BK with a surefire way of dealing with any memory hacks the Emperor might use, so that solves our Kallen spy problem. Seeing how his fundamental flaw affects him, I'm guessing Jeremiah's going to die the same way he almost did this ep, most likely fulfilling one last mission from Lelouch.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-07-2008, 02:51 AM
I haven't been hating Suzaku as much lately, so he ties with Rollo for me right now.

I think the Orange thing was a bit rushed, but it was perfectly believable. If you watched the picture book episode, it is not that hard to imagine switching sides to the heir of your former master (and idol). They did that a lot during the period of royalty (like Rome perhaps), so it only makes sense it is possible in this case.

About Sayoko, I told you guys she was freaking nuts (in a cool strong sort of way). That is how you use a Kunai, unlike Naruto where punching seems to be the preferred attack despite having a blade weapon.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Shirley's death was a wakeup call for me about Rolo. Lelouch doesn't seem to have caught on to the danger Rolo posses where Nunally is involved. I guessing he thinks that Rolo just want's a family and would accept having a brother as well as a sister, but we all know Rolo really wants Lelouch all to himself (why is there so much boy love in my mecha/action show???...).While it is not written by them, CLAMP still has some involvment in this series. I have yet to see a series that was related to CLAMP in some way, shape, or form not have some shonen ai/yaoi implied somewhere.

I also agree with the assessments of Viletta. It seems like she was switching sides, but then she immediately warned Lelouch that Orange was coming. She's still mostly Loyal to the Black Knights, but probably not because she doesn't like the Cult, or that Lelouch is still blackmailing her, but because she's finally starting to like Ougi again.

But where does Cornelia fit into all this now? I would think she'd be against the Cult as well (with her pretty new haircut), which would side her with Lelouch/C.C.

Kraco
Mon, 07-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Orange's switch of the sides was better this way, I deem. It's more believable he was already willing to join than to have some stupid shounen plot of beating him up and then he suddenly wants to join the "stronger" side that was able to beat him. That's hardly how the world and ideologies works.

It was a bit shocking to see Shirley go, though like has been said already, she started to seem like a prime candidate for the death list: She mattered to Lelouch yet didn't have much of a pivotal role otherwise.

Kallen has been too long a prisoner already, though. Something should be done already. Surely she isn't destined to be a prisoner for the rest of the series... Although she's only needed when heavy mecha fighting is going on and there has been little of that lately but still.

vejita613
Mon, 07-07-2008, 04:50 AM
I haven't been hating Suzaku as much lately, so he ties with Rollo for me right now.
Agreed. Especially with Shirlys last speech to him about forgiving lelouch, makes think theyre eluding to Suzaku possibly switching sides.

Carnage
Mon, 07-07-2008, 06:17 AM
If Rolo kills Ninnally he wins.

David75
Mon, 07-07-2008, 06:34 AM
If Rolo kills Ninnally he wins.

You had me smile here.
Because it's true that whenever a white damsel in distress appears, she dies quite quickly.

Also true that Suzaku and Lelouch now share almost the same love and death scene.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Isn't it funny how Suzaku's carelessness (and of course Shirley's own foolishness) led to Shirley's death? It is very similar to how Lelouch's carelessness (and of course Euphy's own foolishness) led to Euphy's death. It seems that both of them have unintentionally robbed each other of a girl they liked (more or less).

Leaving Shirley alone (well, with useless guards) was of course without any bad intention, and Suzaku could not have known things would turn out this way, but the same can be said for the Euphy situation before. If there is any blame on Lelouch for that incident, then this incident should place blame on Suzaku as well. I hope Suzaku realizes this much if and when he finds out Euphy's death was an accident. Otherwise, may Shirley's ghost *@&# his ass.

David75
Mon, 07-07-2008, 06:40 AM
I'm still wondering wether Rollo is the one who killed Shirley.

But maybe I'm just stretching things uselessly

animus
Mon, 07-07-2008, 07:37 AM
It probably was Rollo, but who was in that area that could have done it? Maybe Sayoko to throw that out there and maybe Suzaku when he wasn't busy running the police if he overheard there conversation?

Board of Command
Mon, 07-07-2008, 07:50 AM
And ya, wtf? No Kallen that a big - for this episode, I was looking forward to the conversation between here and Nunnally.
I think it's a bigger deal that Kallen wasn't in the ED. Everyone was in the ED except her. Could this mean she's getting killed off? I hope not.

KrayZ33
Mon, 07-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Oh maaaannn...... damn, my beloved Shirley is dead...

I'm so sad that I'm going to bed now :(
I hope Shirley is going to be resurrected or something like that... I don't want this to be true ~~;

all this talk about reincarnation at the end, something MUST happen now!

sad KrayZee is sad... 8[

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-07-2008, 08:54 AM
I think it's a bigger deal that Kallen wasn't in the ED. Everyone was in the ED except her. Could this mean she's getting killed off? I hope not.

Nah...she is in the Intro, and Shirley wasn't. Unless they change the intro again before the series end, and erase Kallen from it, she will not go (I hope)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-07-2008, 08:59 AM
It probably was Rollo, but who was in that area that could have done it? Maybe Sayoko to throw that out there and maybe Suzaku when he wasn't busy running the police if he overheard there conversation?

I think it was Rolo. He was obviously pissed, and unless it was his idea of shutting someone up, Geassing Shirley would only point out a killing intent.

About Kallen...I'm sure everyone noticed that the Gurren and the Lancelot shared the same Float Unit design. So far, Float units, like the seat in the cockpit, has been representative of each side's knightmare development. Both units using the same design can be deduced to being equipped by the same person. Now, it can either mean one of them is stolen, which is unlikely since they match their respective mechs, which leaves the fact that they're on the same side. Question is now, who's with who? Also, I might as well make a bold guess now, those are going to be Space Flight capable.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
While I am not rooting for Kallen on the romance department, I do not wish to see her die. She is one of my favorite characters in the series (mainly because of her VA [Holo from S and W]) and seeing Lelouch crushed is simply too pitiful.

EDIT: OMG please no space flight. CG has more than enough gundam similarities already.

kenren
Mon, 07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
I didn't expect Lelouch to let his guard down and released Orange just like that. AND, Oh my god Shirley !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-07-2008, 09:04 AM
I kind of expected that, though like the others I worried he might get stabbed and injured (well, he obviously can't die... yet). Lately, Lelouch has become... soft, and seeing that Orange is about to die, he probably took the risk.

I am also quite certain that scene with Orange was made to seem like Lelouch was in danger of being tricked. The whole feel and presentation gave that vibe, so that we can get hit off guard with the twist.

KrayZ33
Mon, 07-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Allright, I wasn't able to sleep!

How did Shirley manage to get into the building?
Suzaku was in command of the operation, he should have spotted her when she ran into the building ... because he was standing in front of the entrance giving orders to the people... Suzaku you FAIL! damn you!

Btw what happened @ the end with orange-kun and his geass breaker? that was kinda weird.. at first I thought the Emporor did take over him or something and now he's going to stab lelouch in his chest...

but this didn't happen sooo....well, I don't know what this "eye scene" is about then. Something happened to the Geass Breaker

About Kallen...I'm sure everyone noticed that the Gurren and the Lancelot shared the same Float Unit design. So far, Float units, like the seat in the cockpit, has been representative of each side's knightmare development. Both units using the same design can be deduced to being equipped by the same person. Now, it can either mean one of them is stolen, which is unlikely since they match their respective mechs, which leaves the fact that they're on the same side. Question is now, who's with who? Also, I might as well make a bold guess now, those are going to be Space Flight capable.

Isn't every single Knightmare-frame equipped with the same " X " - Wings? On both sides (black knights + china + britania)?

and the space flight capability isn't too far catched... just look at the opening aroung 2:55... well its not space but it looks very futuristic xD

and 2:59... there is a planet which looks like Mars

oh and don't forget 3:21.... there is a ship floating in space shooting a lot of *pew-pew*-stuff

I bet the whole Geass thingy (the throne of the emporor where he speaks with V.V. etc) is somewhere behind a portal or something like that.
hmmm in season 1 C.C. and Lelouch stole this "ultra-knightmare".. I don't have Season 1 on my PC anymore... was it a "special devoloped knightmare" by Britannia or some unknown-mystical-mech-suit?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-07-2008, 06:05 PM
but this didn't happen sooo....well, I don't know what this "eye scene" is about then. Something happened to the Geass Breaker

He didn't seem like he's controlled by anybody, so it was most likely just his sakuradite system coming back online, along with his life support. (Vader vibes here)

hmmm in season 1 C.C. and Lelouch stole this "ultra-knightmare".. I don't have Season 1 on my PC anymore... was it a "special devoloped knightmare" by Britannia or some unknown-mystical-mech-suit?

The frame they stole was the Gawain. It wasn't mystic, and it was developed by Schneizel's subordinates. What made it a "special development" were its float unit, imcomplete Hydron Cannon (later completed by BK) and the Druid System (real-time combat analysis system).

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-07-2008, 06:14 PM
The frame they stole was the Gawain. It wasn't mystic, and it was developed by Schneizel's subordinates. What made it a "special development" were it's float unit, imcomplete Hydron Cannon (later completed by BK) and the Druid System (real-time combat analysis system)....and the first two parts went into the shiny new Order of the Black Knights flagship, and the last went into Lelouch's new knightmare.

(Just in case someone asks despite how obvious that was from the china adventure.)

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-07-2008, 06:21 PM
*WARNING DO NOT READ IF YOU SKIP EPISODE PREVIEWS AT THE END OF EACH EPISODE*

Can anyone explain where this 'extended episode 14 preview' came from???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vy9SGX1oJXU

Its 13 seconds longer than the one on GG's episode (do not know about Eclipse though).

It shows something 'interesting'

Yukimura
Mon, 07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
If I had to guess I'd say it's an actual TV commercial instead of an after episode preview.

And I think it confirms some suspicions...

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Does it? Cause it seemed something else to me...

Next week's episode will be great indeed... can't wait to discuss it openly.

Inazuma
Mon, 07-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Guren's Throttle handle spotted ! But with male ... hand ?

We got a Maxi Bust girl in Yellow dress too, Shirley, Kallen !?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-08-2008, 03:21 AM
Updated first post. Youtube link is up.

Yukimura
Tue, 07-08-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm thinking that's Kallen in that chair and she's been put in some sort of non-Geass related mind raping/torture machine on the orders of 'sweet' little Nunnally. The plot has gotten so ridiculous it just might happen!

Kraco
Tue, 07-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Hmm... It might be pretty... hot to see Nunnally torture Kallen.

What would it be? Force her to drink cheap tea?

Yukimura
Tue, 07-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I laughed, I laughed some more, then I when it was done I started it up again and laughed even harder. Thanks a lot for translating and taking the time to put images behind them Shinta.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Could you share in Sendspace again please? =(

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
What do you mean? The Sendspace link is still up. If you are referring to the sound episodes from S1, I think they are gone, sorry. I only have what is already posted in this thread.