PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuden Opening 3

Yukimura
Thu, 04-03-2008, 06:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXEKEZKOako

Blue Bird by Ikimono Gakari

The first half is fairly lame, the scene at 00:27 was ripped off from some other shows opening I'm pretty sure.

Asuma looks awesome in the later part though. However, there is something very wrong with this opening from about 00:48-01:00...

Sapphire
Thu, 04-03-2008, 06:21 PM
I can't see why they want to do fillers so soon. They are already going at like, 1.3 chapters per episode PLUS like 2 years of fillerness.

That aside, the OP isn't half bad. If only the actual animation quality was that good. If only. =(

(April Fools? >_>) *cries*

Darky
Thu, 04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh god someone please tell me there's a new naruto movie or something coming out which would explain all the filler stuff. And as for the op itself it really wasn't that bad though to me the song would fit an ending better.

Abdula
Thu, 04-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah there is and yes I think that song would have fit an ending much better but the opening most truly sucks I mean whats with all the falling? I would even say the current one is better.

Uberbaka
Thu, 04-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Ahaha, you have to be kidding me... Fillers? After slaughtering shippuden by slowing it down for so much after a 2 year period of fillers?

Time has come to be tempted to drop Naruto again.. (stopped halfway during the first filler hell).

Hopefully I'm just being a negative pessimist and they prove me wrong and we can all enjoy some good Naruto watching.

Sapphire
Thu, 04-03-2008, 07:42 PM
If we're lucky, maybe they were just like "hey! i have an idea! we will make AWESOME fillers for awile, and then go back to shippuden at a normal pace!"

I doubt it, but I'll remain hopeful. (not really)

Uberbaka
Thu, 04-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Ahaha, I like your thinking. It's so optimistic it's insane. But hey, that would be cool and I would willingly watch it then.

Darky
Thu, 04-03-2008, 07:48 PM
For a while i seriously do hope you mean no longer then 2 weeks which would be way to long and seeing how they're ways behind the manga at this point they could easily continue.
If they do almost catch up i'd rather see them not making any episodes then do fillers. Shit for all i care they do a year of naruto then a year of bleach. Should solve 2 problems at once seeing how both suffer from this slow pace.

Kusanagi
Thu, 04-03-2008, 07:51 PM
I'd rather see filler episodes with action than storyline episodes filled with staring contests.

Sapphire
Thu, 04-03-2008, 08:08 PM
@ Darky - Two week fillers + making an OP for it is just a waste of money. I bet it's going to be at least a few months. I agree with Kusanagi when I say I'd rather watch potentially good fillers than what is showing now. But then again, I haven't watched Naruto in awhile anyway, and none of us have to watch the fillers. XD

Darky
Thu, 04-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah i know about the op costing money but they've done it for movies as well so it's a not so high possibility but still lemme keep up some hope :p

And as far as not watching fillers i know i won't, didn't watch them before so i actually wouldn't have an idea how they where last time i just refuse too. I do have to fill up a whole 20 mins with something else now though, maybe read a book or something seeing how long they lasted last time i could actually take my time (and money) and invest in something good :D

Uberbaka
Thu, 04-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Making a op out of clips from one of their movies doesn't cost them more than an hours work in a editing suite.

Storyboarding, timing, animating, aquiring new music etc however costs a fair bit more.

Hopefully it's just a joke and all the new characters in the op die in the first ep and they change to the real one ;]

A point worth noting is that they've actually planned things out a bit with the fillers by including them in the intro.. were any of the other fillers represented in any of the other intros?

ruccus
Thu, 04-03-2008, 09:44 PM
The way Shipuuden is going now, these eps, no matter how many, should be better. Not to completely say the first two arcs were horrible, but they aren't even CLOSE to their potential.

Also the way I see it, they are trying to re-introduce us to some of the other characters in the story who haven't been seen much or at all in the show (ex. asuma fighting that person in the op)

Abdula
Thu, 04-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Are you guys just choosing to ignore the possibility that those clips are from the second Naruto Shippuden Movie which is supposed to come out this Summer or are you just choosing to ignore my simple Yes and discuss the potential of fillers because its freaking annoying how no thread can stay on track these days.

Kusanagi
Thu, 04-03-2008, 10:38 PM
second shippuden movie...i wasn't aware of a first

NM
Thu, 04-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Um, I don't think any of the clips from this opening are from the new movie if there is one coming...Why would they show Sasuke who is still with Oro? And Akatsuki? If it was from the movie then the entire opening would contain movie scenes. So I'd say we're about to enter filler mode again.

Frankly I don't see why they need to go into fillers yet but its not like my opinion will change that.

And to stay on topic, I'm really liking this song. Sounds good, if not better than the one Bleach used.

Abdula
Thu, 04-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Um, I don't think any of the clips from this opening are from the new movie if there is one coming...Why would they show Sasuke who is still with Oro? And Akatsuki? If it was from the movie then the entire opening would contain movie scenes.
Simple Trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PUfnDLXQM_w&feature=related), Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto:_Shipp%C5%ABden_the_Movie_2) and there is an obvious difference between the quality of those few clips and the remainder of the opening which is enough, IMO, to suggest that they are from the movie especially since the last opening we had, had similar clips from the first movie.

Yeah the song is nice but if they put it in the ending it would be better its rather dull for an op.

Kusanagi
Thu, 04-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Well does anyone know of any fansubs of the first Shippuuden movie?

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-03-2008, 11:00 PM
GODFUCKING DAMMIT

But this just...ugh. If they've gone to the trouble of putting filler characters in the opening it can mean only one thing. At the very least we can expect the next season (or 26 episodes) to be all filler.

If I had to guess I think studio pierrot is going to do the same thing they did with the bleach bounto filler arc. In that they're going to try and do one single larger storyline that plays out over the course of a season. I wouldn't expect us to get back on track at least until the fall.

UGH goddammit

Damn it all to hell.

Don't talk about characters that have yet to be introduced..geez. Edited.

-NM

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Only good point of this new intro... getting rid of the awful previous one.

And the Akatsuki on the background...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-03-2008, 11:47 PM
This can't be happening. The manga has gotta be...like...years ahead of the anime now. They've been stalling at a ridiculous pace doing like one chapter per episode...we should NEVER have fillers again!

ruccus
Thu, 04-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Simple Trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PUfnDLXQM_w&feature=related), Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto:_Shipp%C5%ABden_the_Movie_2) and there is an obvious difference between the quality of those few clips and the remainder of the opening which is enough, IMO, to suggest that they are from the movie especially since the last opening we had, had similar clips from the first movie.

Yeah the song is nice but if they put it in the ending it would be better its rather dull for an op.

That trailer didn't reveal anything about the plot, so still hard to say the opening is for the movie. Plus isn't it too early to do so? Usually it goes for about 4-5 weeks from the week of the movie's release and this one is 4 more months away.

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-04-2008, 12:35 AM
I smell a Kenshin in Naruto's future.

Uberbaka
Fri, 04-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Abdula,

The reason I don't assume the characters are from the movie is because they usually just edit in clips of the movie... Not animate new ones from scratch and stick them in the intro for no coherent reason. And you can obviously tell that those scenes are not from any movie/episode due to how they're laid out. That's my reasoning atleast.

But you know, I hope you're right. I really do.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-04-2008, 03:00 AM
So, was this a fake, cause there was no new opening this episode.

If it is, someone put ALOT of effort into that.

Uberbaka
Fri, 04-04-2008, 09:32 AM
DB only subbed half the episode, the new op is probably at the half way point when they shifted to the new format. Which would make sense, introducing the filler characters after resolving the Sasuke situation.

Genma
Fri, 04-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I smell a Kenshin in Naruto's future.

I've been thinking the same thing, ever since the looooooong filler seasons pre-Shippuden. To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care either way, because the only time I watch the anime now is to observe the animated fights... which are incredibly rare, anyways.

The filler characters looked really retarded. Is it just me, or does the style of filler characters look TOTALLY different from the manga ones? Like, even if you don't read the manga, you could look at them and go "Yep... those are filler guys, for sure." Could just be me.

... Oh well, guess I might have to wait a while longer to see my favorite Naruto arc animated.

Archangel
Fri, 04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
No worries guys, that stuff is from Naruto: Shippūden the Movie 2, we're going to be filler free for the time being :D

Hmm i'm curious about some stuff:

- Does the chakra bird have any special meaning?

- why is asuma given 2 appearences in this opening, one of them he's in the midle of the genjutsu girl and KAKASHI! How the hell does he get priority over kakashi and even shows up fighting some dude? Is he going to be important in the next movie?

Sapphire
Fri, 04-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Really? Where did you find out?

redcat
Fri, 04-04-2008, 07:18 PM
i skimmed the 54 raw, the filler chars are introduced in the last min or so of it..

DB_Hunter
Fri, 04-04-2008, 07:23 PM
New Op sounds cool. As for story, forget the anime. There is some REAL shit going down in the manga right now.

Yukimura
Fri, 04-04-2008, 07:38 PM
EDIT: Same thing already said
The Archangel is talking out his ass..umption spewing orifice. When 54 is translated you'll see why.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Thought so.

I just wish that at least the Shippuden story will be better made after the fillers are over.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-04-2008, 10:36 PM
The filler characters looked really retarded. Is it just me, or does the style of filler characters look TOTALLY different from the manga ones? Like, even if you don't read the manga, you could look at them and go "Yep... those are filler guys, for sure." Could just be me.I know exactly what you mean. As soon as I watched the new opening I was like...hmm, those look like filler guys.

Every filler character has like the same face, with different hair. And they all look like they have different color Byakugans, because none of them ever have pupils.

Although, to be fair, Kabuto is the one REAL Naruto character that looks like all the filler characters.

- why is asuma given 2 appearences in this opening, one of them he's in the midle of the genjutsu girl and KAKASHI! How the hell does he get priority over kakashi and even shows up fighting some dude? Is he going to be important in the next movie?From the opening, the only team they showed besides Team Kakashi is Asuma's(cho-shika-ino). So I'm guessing this filler arc is a team up with Team Asuma.

I just wish that at least the Shippuden story will be better made after the fillers are over.It should be made better NOW! The manga is MILES ahead. Theres NO REASON to have fillers right now!

Uberbaka
Fri, 04-04-2008, 10:51 PM
The manga is currently on chapter 396, the anime storyline is currently in chapter 312.

This means they're 84 chapters ahead, which means at a rate of 2 chapters per episode they would need 42 weeks of naruto to catch up to where they are, at which time (unless I've done it wrong) there should be 35 new episodes (based on 2 chapters each) up until they catch up which means 77 weeks of naruto....

Whiiiich equal 539 days without break before it catches up to the manga...

Or something like that in case anyone was wondering. =P

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Except that they don't DO 2 chapters per episode. They've been doing 1 chapter an episode for like the entire last arc.

Sapphire
Sat, 04-05-2008, 08:37 AM
It should be made better NOW! The manga is MILES ahead. Theres NO REASON to have fillers right now!
True, but they aren't, which means all we can hope is that they will return the show to a normal pace after fillers.

I also agree with filler characters looking different. They look like they were designed by gonzo artists or something, "softer" less distinctive hair, weird bland faces, fatter.... but these filler characters look a little better than last times one's IMO