PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 349

RyougaZell
Sun, 03-30-2008, 05:36 PM
From Instantz

HD (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=5375)
SD (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=5380)

Robin is scary.

Brook is funny.

Perona is cool and cruel.

Moria looks... huh?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-31-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah, Moria is the least threatening main badguy since Wapol.

So they're gonna put Luffy's shadow inside Number 900s body, and its gonna make a super zombie.

Kraco
Mon, 03-31-2008, 03:55 PM
However, it would seem logical that particular zombie won't be obeying Moria's commands for too long. Sanji already rebelled as soon as women were threatened with violence, and Luffy certainly has the strongest willpower of them all; and his single-minded stupidity only makes it stronger. Zoro also has a strong will, but the problem is he only wants to fight so it'd even make sense he's satisfied as long as new fights are always around the corner (though that particular trait surely would grant them interesting opportunities).

poopdeville
Mon, 03-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah, Moria is the least threatening main badguy since Wapol.

I disagree. He's a Shichibukai with ambitions of being the Pirate King. He's strong. Who cares if he's a weird looking half-giant that sounds like a creepy child?

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-02-2008, 10:09 AM
No One Piece for the following two weeks, btw.

Raven
Mon, 04-07-2008, 02:47 AM
It's pretty obvious Brook will join the crew. I just hope he gets his human form back, somehow. I think he will, seeing whenever they show him in a flashback we never see his face so it's as if they're keeping it for a big unveiling or something.

And I don't know how two swordsman will fit into the crew. One of them is a musician though, so perhaps that's where the difference lies.

Assertn
Mon, 04-07-2008, 04:21 AM
What they need is a gunman....
one that actually...uses a gun.

animus
Mon, 04-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Franky's got a gun or 2 built in atleast...

But yeah I can see where you're getting at, a fast draw gunslinger type would be awesome.

Death13a
Mon, 04-07-2008, 02:42 PM
LOL who do you think Usopp is? He uses slingshot because he can use more types of ammo with it.

Assertn
Mon, 04-07-2008, 05:59 PM
yeah, that's great.

I suppose a gun can't shoot egg-stars, but they can definitely kill anyone who isn't a logia user or has a specific resistance to gunshots.

.noname.silent
Mon, 04-07-2008, 08:43 PM
usopp is there for comedic relief. he's got better aim than franky with a slingshot or cannon. if you didn't see what his abilities can do in the enies lobby arc, then i recommend watching it.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-08-2008, 01:32 AM
In pirate terms, Usopp is the ships cannoneer.

What the ship really needs is a kickass helmsman. Nobody on the ship is especially good at steering. And Blackbeard's got a helmsman.

It's pretty obvious Brook will join the crew. I just hope he gets his human form back, somehow. I think he will, seeing whenever they show him in a flashback we never see his face so it's as if they're keeping it for a big unveiling or something. No way. He can't get his human form back. Being a living skeleton is what makes him freakin awesome.

Its like saying you hope Franky gets his human parts back. Or that Chopper goes back to being a regular Reindeer.

Assertn
Tue, 04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
usopp is there for comedic relief. he's got better aim than franky with a slingshot or cannon. if you didn't see what his abilities can do in the enies lobby arc, then i recommend watching it.
Yeah, he destroyed a flag and inconvenienced some soldiers from a distance.

If you didn't see what a gun could do in luffy's first flashback episode that showed Shank's crew, then i recommend watching it.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Sure, he shot a guy in the head point-blank. That wasn't the impressive part of that, it was that he appeared next to the guy in an instant. If you can do that. A knife works just as well.

I think though that most people at the Strawhats level don't have anything to fear from guns unless the gunner doesn't something supernatural. Even if you aren't bulletproof like Luffy, Franky or a Logia user, people like Zoro and Sanji are fast enough to just dodge bullets.

Franky is all the gunslinger the Strawhats need and more.

.noname.silent
Thu, 04-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Yeah, he destroyed a flag and inconvenienced some soldiers from a distance.

If you didn't see what a gun could do in luffy's first flashback episode that showed Shank's crew, then i recommend watching it.
Name one character in One Piece that can shoot that far a distance with a freaking sling-shot.
Show me one picture of that arc where those soldiers fired back and hit him with their rifle fire.Also, search is your best friend. Use it.

animus
Thu, 04-17-2008, 09:45 AM
He could've hit Spandem with his sling shot, but he didn't, so all he hit was a Flag. Big whoop. You still didn't respond to how insignificant his abilities were to the arc or to anything much besides comedic relief.

Your 2nd point sucks.

.noname.silent
Thu, 04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
It did hit Spandam. Please re-watch the arc, the both of you.

animus
Thu, 04-17-2008, 10:49 AM
I admit I missed that part, but besides that what impact did he have on the arc besides "They've declared war on the World Government!". His fights consisted of him running away from Jyabura, and being used as a sword by Zoro, and Luffy vs Usopp if you even want to count that.

Assertn
Thu, 04-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Name one character in One Piece that can shoot that far a distance with a freaking sling-shot.
Show me one picture of that arc where those soldiers fired back and hit him with their rifle fire.

One of Blackbeard's crewmates can shoot farther than Usopp.
Oh, you mean using a slingshot? Who the hell cares?

Sweet, Usopp avoided getting shot. What an awesome skill he has.

The point isn't how accurate Usopp's skills are. The point is that every time the crew goes into serious mode and stands up against major antagonists, Usopp always underperforms because his direct shots barely phase his opponent. He has to combine his attacks with clever deception and hope that the target is dumb.

Conversely, as heavy weapons guy would put it, I've yet to see someone outsmart bullet.

Also, search is your best friend. Use it.
orly? :confused:

Augury
Fri, 04-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Ussop is always going to be proportionally weaker and less useful than the rest of the crew because his dream is to become a "brave warrior of the seas" (I'm fuzzy on the exact wording). His goal is basically to reach normalcy in terms of courage and fighting ability and I doubt it'd be fulfilled until near the end of the series.

Raven
Wed, 04-23-2008, 04:18 AM
The way I understood his significance during the arc was that he was able to inspire Luffy as he was lying hurt during his fight. Usopp's never been about the physical strength or ability; it's more to do with the inspiration he offers with his speeches and the way he holds the team together during the tough times.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Yes, Usopp's shots hardly ever do anything significant. Mainly because he, for reason I can only assume are plot related, constantly uses those damn gunpowder stars. Even though he has much more powerful shots.

Anyone doubting how badass Usopp can be needs only watch his fight against Luffy.

He's never performed that well before, or since then. Ironically, not even in Enies Lobby with his new weapon.

When your slingshot can shoot barrages of ninja stars and gas clouds that explode...what the hell do you need a gun for?

I remember when I first saw his Sling-staff, I thought maybe he had an impact dial in the cup so that he could fire things out with cannon-like force and it wouldn't hurt him because the weapon took all the impact.

Then it turned out its basically the same as his slingshot, only he can shoot whole handfuls of shots at once.