PDA

View Full Version : Movie: The X-Files: I Want to Believe

itadakimasu
Thu, 03-27-2008, 01:06 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/27/people.chriscarter.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

i didn't know it was in production... movie to be out july 25th !! I can only hope that it doesn't disappoint.

Munsu
Thu, 03-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Well, there has been articles about it pretty much every week for the last 3-5 months.

saman
Fri, 03-28-2008, 12:37 AM
i'm glad they've finally started this. i've been getting emails about the possibility of this movie from a personal mailing list for the last six years.

Munsu
Thu, 04-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Well as you can see from the change in the thread title, it appears that the movie title has been revealed:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Movie-News/X-Files-Movie/800037717

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Wait...what? This X-files movie has nothing to do with aliens and conspiracies? Then how exactly is this an X-files movie again? I predict a romantic drama :-(.

itadakimasu
Mon, 04-21-2008, 01:13 PM
i saw the movie poster for it last week, it had mulder and skully and their shadows elongated forming a big X.... was pretty exciting to see it after waiting so long for something new to come out.

Munsu
Mon, 05-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Trailer:
http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/379767/the-x-files-i-want-to-believe/videos/xfilestrailer_050908.html

itadakimasu
Thu, 05-22-2008, 09:02 AM
what is the timeline of the movie? I was sorta hoping for something that would pick up where the show ended maybe...

Inazuma
Thu, 05-22-2008, 05:53 PM
If the movie is not 4:3 but 16:9 it is going to fail.

Sapphire
Thu, 05-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Mehhh. They should have let an old show die. I'm sure I will see it on TV in the next couple years anyway. I might even get around to actually watching it in theatres if a friend drags me. Why do they have to always have that 'OH-SHIT-SOMETHING-SUSPENSEFUL-IS-GUNNA-HAPPEN' music in trailers? Or am I the only one who is started to get apathetic to that sorta stuff?

itadakimasu
Fri, 05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
It kind of sucks because I'm going to drag my wife to see it w\ me and theres no way I could explain 9 seasons of a tv show to her... its going to be like when I tried to watch the usual suspects with her, she fell asleep then woke up toward the end and was asking me why they blew up the boat...

everytime i bring that up she's like... and you never told me !!!

Vegechan
Sat, 08-09-2008, 10:51 PM
So did anyone else see it?

I thought it was alright. Nothing amazing, and certainly not bad either. It felt like a decent episode, with lots of Scully/Mulder shipping. >.> There isn't a whole lot in the movie that people who haven't seen the latter half of the show wouldn't understand, as it's more of a stand alone movie than anything.

What I don't understand is this... Chris Carter wanted to make this movie to see who was interested in X Files anymore, instead of doing the series finale, because let's be honest, the actual series ended in such a cliff hanger, it felt like a season finale... So now, he creates this movie, that people can see without knowing about the series, to see who's interested, but instead angers fans for the lack of continuation. Now, let's just say the movie did do really well, and people who weren't usual X files fans went and saw the movie, so he decides to do the third. That means, the people who saw "I want to believe" will then be alienated...

I don't know, it just seems like he made a poor choice with all this. I want to see the third movie, because I want to see what happens in 2012. I'd hate for him to decide not to because of how this movie does though...

insane
Sun, 08-10-2008, 06:58 AM
A third movie? I didnt realize there was going to be one.

Vegechan
Sun, 08-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, I read an article about how if the second movie does well enough, they may do a third movie in 2012. If you've seen the end of the series, there's no need for me to tell you what that means.

UChessmaster
Sun, 08-10-2008, 09:53 AM
since i never saw the x-files i ask, how did the series ended?

Vegechan
Sun, 08-10-2008, 11:19 AM
SPOILERS AHEAD:

Long story short, Mulder gets framed for killing a super-solider guarding a secret facility with top secret information he needs. He ends up being sentenced to death. Various characters from the show bust him out, and he ends up being confronted by the Cigarette Smoking Man. He reveals that the aliens plan to take over the world in 2012. Black helicopters destroy the building he's in, with Mulder and Scully narrowly escaping. The series ends with Mulder and Scully, in a motel somewhere, with Mulder talking about losing hope and being a failure. Scully tries to reassure him, and the series ends with Mulder saying "Maybe there's hope."

So it ends, with a huge reveal that aliens will take over the world, and Mulder being a fugitive.

Yeah... wasn't really a series finale at all.

itadakimasu
Sun, 08-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Vegachan :

Thanks for the recap ! It's been so long I've forgotten so much about what exactly was going on, each actor said the same thing that they hardly remembered any of the plot.

ANYHOW ~~~~

The movie sucked. It barely held my attention and I thought the plot was only worthy to have been a regular x files episode and not a movie. They ruinned any hope of redemption for the series.

Vegechan
Mon, 08-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Vegachan :

Thanks for the recap ! It's been so long I've forgotten so much about what exactly was going on, each actor said the same thing that they hardly remembered any of the plot.

Don't mention it. The plot is pretty... convoluted, and very often not in the good way. >.>

ANYHOW ~~~~

The movie sucked. It barely held my attention and I thought the plot was only worthy to have been a regular x files episode and not a movie. They ruinned any hope of redemption for the series.

I see it like this. It definitely could have been a regular X Files episode, but they no longer have that as an outlet. They decided to make a stand alone episode, because they were afraid of how it well a TV to Movie thing would do, but he wants to continue the story. So they decided to test the waters. I personally think this was a poor choice. He should have just continued with the story, instead of this "experiment." Because now, it's probably unlikely we'll see where he wanted to go.

In the end, the movie was more about getting Mulder and Scully back out there than the actual plot.

itadakimasu
Wed, 08-13-2008, 09:34 AM
i saw the last 30 minutes of the first xfiles movie the other night on fx and it just accentuated how far the went from the x files base on this movie.