PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies

Archangel
Wed, 03-26-2008, 01:57 PM
K i was advised to reatrt this thread here since it was actually doing ok until the randomness of the pit destryoed it. Since the other one is onlly a hobby thread by name, i think posting it again wont hurt ( hope the mods agree)

Some os my hobbys include playing sports like football, basketball or just working out really, but my passion really lies with photography.

I've never actually taken lessons but ppl often praise my photos so i guess im a natural lol. Sometimes i just pick up my phone and take random photos of what's happening around me and at the parties im always the annoying giuy taking everyone's pictures.

What about you guys? Have any passions?

Archangel
Wed, 03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Could you pls edit those so it isnt spamming? Xanblocco had the right idea i should have posted this here in the first place, its actually an interesting topic where ppl can share some of their passions. Look at the other one and ull see that like 4 ppl answered to the question b4 the randomness started and i just think it would be a waste for that to happen. You know as well as i do that that thread is lost ot the world...

Anyway, Im also a fan of gaming especially rpgs like final fantasy but ive recently found a soft spot for fighting games specially dragonball budokai tenkaichi 3 that really makes me feel like im in the anime :D

Board of Command
Wed, 03-26-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm playing FF12 on emulator right now. I'm currently exploring Nabudis before heading off on the Strahl. It's a decent game, but the characters are kinda shallow... I think this is the biggest difference between FF12 and most of the previous ones. In this one, you just get a bunch of random characters.

Archangel
Wed, 03-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah that's true but don't worry keep playing the game and you will grow more affectionate to them but don't expect that kind of love the you had for the carachters of other FF.

Any other people like to play videogames as a hobby?

Chiodos
Wed, 03-26-2008, 02:48 PM
If I said that I play videogames as hobby IRL I would be consisting as freak. It's labeled even worse to play video games than computer games.
Auch, the lame labels...

I did love doing martial arts training way back but that also meant that I lost my social life. Now I just...chill ^^!

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-26-2008, 02:50 PM
sure thing when i've got time i play ~4 hours a day or even longer...

i play world of warcraft and tomorrow i'll go to one of my friends and we'll play Fatal/fake together ^^

another hobby is playing football and reading.

Board of Command
Wed, 03-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Any other people like to play videogames as a hobby?
I'm pretty good in CoD4.

Sandldan
Wed, 03-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Playing video game is one of the most time consuming hobbies for me. Used to play WoW but since i quit the time used for games was cut in half.
Another hobby which i hope to increase is video editing, will be getting myself a new video camera soon. As me and most of my friends school just ended we got lots of free time, will most likely end up in creating a few movies. Other than that been training some martial arts and im planning to pick up boxing again

NM
Wed, 03-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I'd say a majority of Gotwooters are gamers. I wish I had some of my consoles here in my apartment but all I've got is my Nintendo DS (not that its a bad thing, its kept me entertained for 2 whole semesters :D ). I still can't wait for Metal Gear Online, I'm hoping we could get a GW clan or something on there. And Brawl and Mario Kart online too. :)

As for other hobbies, anime is a given as well. And working out counts as a hobby also I guess? I need to hit the gym alot more this summer, I haven't had time at all to go. Basically my summer will probably be work, gym, video games, and anime. Rinse and repeat.

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm pretty good in CoD4.

its not like its difficult to be good in that game :( i want my CoD2 back

i think everyone those who used to be good with the mp44 in CoD2 can't have a kill/death ratio. worse than 10:1 on public servers. (at least in the computer version, i don't know how "skill"balanced it is on xbox etc.)

Chiodos
Wed, 03-26-2008, 03:22 PM
I want Gears Of War 2 to be bigger, better and more badass. Until then, custome matches consumes my time.

But hey, listenting to music is also considering as a hobby, right? So, for the moment, I'm searching for new groups so anyone here that listen to this listed music genres, it would be a big help:

Post-Hardcore
Alternative
Emo
Accoustic
Metalcore/Melodic Death Metal

IFHTT
Wed, 03-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Most of my free time goes to gaming (Playing LoZ: Twilight Princess right now), playing guitar, golf, and fishing. I used to waste a lot of my time writing mirc scripts, but that got old...

Turkish-S
Wed, 03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
games and watching series. i kinda stopped watching anime. i download bleach and naruto from time to time but i don't find it that enjoyable anymore.

KitKat
Wed, 03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
I prefer knitting and playing videogames simultaneously. It adds an extra element of challenge to both!

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
i can imagine pullovers with a knitted with a controller . btw things could go definitively wrong if you do both at the same time ^^

Archangel
Wed, 03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
It could probably be done with a wii game :P In fact they may be developing a knitting game as we speak

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-26-2008, 08:16 PM
It could probably be done with a wii game :P In fact they may be developing a knitting game as we speak

ya than RL would be COMPLETELY useless. thats just cool ^^

"i can do everything ,i do in RL, with my PC so what is this RL good for?"

saman
Wed, 03-26-2008, 08:45 PM
like i said before the other thread derailed, i enjoy being creative. this can include things like drawing, painting, crafts, hell even playing with crayola modelling clay. i also enjoy puzzles, like jigsaws, crosswords, word searches. i like reading too. i've got a small collection of books that i'll pretty much read over and over again just the sake of it.

p.s. lol if you started the thread again, you could've at least spelled "hobbies" right this time. :*)***

Archangel
Wed, 03-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Argh always complaining about my spelling :P i'd like to see you ppl trying to write portuguese one of these days :P

As for creative stuff all i really do is draw anime lol

Psyke
Thu, 03-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Hmm. I play soccer, video games, design tokusatsu related stuff on photoshop. I'm learning Japanese (going for JLPT 2 this year), visited Japan every year since 2005. I also collect Gundam, Ultraman, Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, and other misc figures. :)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-27-2008, 09:13 AM
My favourite sport would be soccer. I collected Warhammer back in the day too. as well as a bunch of Zoids. Stopped a couple of years ago, when money and time kinda found it's way to other things. Psyke, are the Gundam model kits supposed to be painted? I see them come with stickers and stuff, but the ones on display I swear are always painted.

Psyke
Thu, 03-27-2008, 09:26 AM
They come unpainted, and you'd need to get a decent air brush and the Tamiya paints to make them look like the colours in the anime. I've not touched my air brush in over a year now, and I've been collecting mainly Kamen Rider figures so far.

XanBcoo
Thu, 03-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Aside from the drawing and playing guitar stuff that I mentioned in the other thread in the Flame Pit, I also really like expanding my knowledge of music. I love going to live shows, big or small, and try to get into as wide a spectrum of taste as possible. There's several Indie bands in my area that I've become a huge fan of, but I also love old 50's-70's hits and I'm warming up to rap/hip-hop (or at least the stuff that was around in the 90s - Nas and Tupac are undeniably talented).

Oh also I love stand-up comedians. I have a real appreciation for great comedy. I'm always hesitant to see live-performances since it's especially awkward if they suck, but I love going anyway even if just one of the comedians is decent. I'd love to write some material for an open-mic night one day, but I'm awful at delivery.

Xanblocco
Man...what??

Junior
Thu, 03-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Let's see...

Video games (RPGs , horror, and arcade), music(everything except country), drawing, interneting, photoshop, reading.

yay for leisure time. <3

Assertn
Thu, 03-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I prefer knitting and playing videogames simultaneously. It adds an extra element of challenge to both!
Reading that gave me an idea for you, Kitkat....
You should knit a controller cover!

Board of Command
Thu, 03-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Let's see...

Video games (RPGs , horror, and arcade), music(everything except country), drawing, interneting, photoshop, reading.
What constitutes a "horror game"?

Archangel
Thu, 03-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Let's see...

yay for leisure time. <3

Funny, i'm the same for all those things too except that i'm quite picky about the books i read. Im actually now reading "Atacama's roses" by Luis Sepulveda, anyone knows the author?

KrayZ33
Fri, 03-28-2008, 08:17 AM

something like Doom III (at least in the beginning)
resident evil..

and so on

basicaly games which scare the shit out of you.. for example there is a door, but you are too scared to open it because you know there will be a big monster behind it :(

Jericho is also some kind of horror game, even though i wasn't scared when i played it, it was really disgusting.. specialy that big fat roman end-boss who ate babies (no joke) and ripped out his entrails and was carried around on a meat hook... this was so "ewwwww"

and that nazi woman was also cool ^^

Archangel
Fri, 03-28-2008, 08:59 AM
I don't really like horror games, i think that when you're playing you should be relaxing while listening to a good story (rpg) not wating in constant fear while trying not to wet yourself. I do like horror films tho.

KrayZ33
Fri, 03-28-2008, 09:37 AM
well thats the kick about horror games.. its fucking cool to close your windows and to darken your room and then a monster jumps in in front of you and you are like "WHAT THE HEEEEELLLL *pew pew*" its even more fun to play it with friends

take him for example

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ArA39oGJUOk

its the funniest guy on earth because its REAL and not faked... he made many other videos too... for example when he played half life 2 in ravenholm and so on. i can't remember his name though and can't find the other Doom 3 videos made by him :(

4:45 and following (till the end) is truely the best.. however its not even close to the other videos he made ^^

Junior
Fri, 03-28-2008, 10:57 AM

Silent Hill. Fatal Frame. D: Scary, man, scary. And Resident Evil too. Especially 3. When that Nemisis came outta nowhere...I nearly cried.

Doom was scary. And so was Alien (the psx one). Quite a few scary ones actually...

hey, KrayZ, Jericho worth buying? Sounds pretty interesting. And btw, that video is so funny. XDD

Board of Command
Fri, 03-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Doom 1 and 2 were only scary because the graphics were so bad and monsters made out of gigantic pixels popped out in front of you.

http://grantlairdjr.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/doom2_old_screenshot.jpg

Junior
Fri, 03-28-2008, 11:01 AM
true true. XDD But the way they do it, just BAM right in front of you, is scary as hell.

I used to get scared playing Duke Nuke'm. Those Octobrains...seriously.

Archangel
Fri, 03-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Silent Hill. Fatal Frame. D: Scary, man, scary. And Resident Evil too. Especially 3. When that Nemisis came outta nowhere...I nearly cried.

... kawaii! XP

If you're into fps id go with either the classic cs or the best ever halo 2 or 3.

Chiodos
Fri, 03-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Not Halo 3. They've nerfed the game pretty hard.
I would sayy.....Gears Of War <3!

...or if you like blow things and enjoy it with silly friends try out Bomberman (Classics or Xbox Live version).

KrayZ33
Fri, 03-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Doom 1 and 2 were only scary because the graphics were so bad and monsters made out of gigantic pixels popped out in front of you.

http://grantlairdjr.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/doom2_old_screenshot.jpg

uhm you know back then i was scared to hell sometimes when i played doom
the sounds were fucking scary they go like "OOOhoho OOOOhohoo" ^^ *can remeber it well*

duke nukem 3d gave me some scares as well sometimes but it was more funny because of the voices "i've got balls of steeeeeel" "shit happens" and so on ^^

@ Junior

just lend it from someone/where because it only took me a few hours to play it through... and there is nothing except the single player soo... i wouldn't buy it for 50$ or even more.

i ll post some vids (i think they are only for people above 18 years but since they are on youtube it can't be wrong to post them)

the interaction scenes are probably the best about this game
this happens if a monster grabs you so you have to fight him off this way.
some ingame scenes... (interaction scenes included)
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=d8NHX5Ylwjw&feature=related
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=8mptCtqJLQU&feature=related
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=LSR3Z3I-mVQ

btw the ingamen noices and VOICES are awesome.

part of the intro: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3Pvf7xwuc