PDA

View Full Version : The Four Noble Clans

ruccus
Tue, 03-25-2008, 12:08 AM
As the winter wars begin, there's more questions as to who the Nobles are. Initially there were five noble clans, three of which have been revealed (Byakuya, Soifon (it's actually Yoruichi) and the Shiba clans). This leaves two more families to be determined.

Personally I believe that Urahara Kisuke is one of the families. The importance to his role throughout the series is unquestionable. He is the only one who can allow people to travel to hueco mundo, allows Ichigo to go to Soul Society, and is known to have been a Gotei 13 captain. With the latest chapters, it just strengthens this point. He is entrusted with preparing a battlefield for the Gotei 13, and is asked to do so by Yamamoto.

The fifth family to me would have to be related to Kurosaki. I believe his mother is part of the family, and that his father Kurosaki Isshin ran away with her to the real world, where they could've been helped by Urahara. But I can see Ichigo having a royal bloodline.

What do you think? If i messed up on any fact, please correct me.

Abdula
Tue, 03-25-2008, 12:37 AM
As far as I can remember the noble families that have been revealed thus far are the Kuchikis, The Shihoin which is Yoruichi's clan not Soifon's, soifon's family served her family they weren't part of the four noble families and the Shiba who no longer count as one of the nobles thus there are now four and not five. I think Shunsui, the captain who fought Chad was one of the nobles too and I'm guessing old man Yamamoto would be the other one.

ruccus
Tue, 03-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Would you happen to know which chapter Shunsui was revealed as a Noble? Also I dont remember off the top of my head but it was said that one of the clans has a moon symbol, and Ichigo's moveset is based off the moon, so that could be a connection.

Abdula
Tue, 03-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Be damned if I could, I think its some info I picked up from a trans of a data book or some such thing which is why I said I think because I'm not sure. I thought that Ichigo's moveset being based on the moon had more significance to do with Bykakuya than anything else.

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 03-25-2008, 09:46 PM
So far the only revealed families were
1.Kuchikis
2.Shihoin
3.Shiba
4.Kurosaki (In Speculation)

I'll search but I am pretty sure those are all the known ones.

Nintendo
Thu, 03-27-2008, 01:54 AM
i think Ukitake (who has a bad health) is one of the noble families too

Yukimura
Fri, 03-28-2008, 06:19 AM
An insert in volume 18 revealed that Ukitake was from a lower class aristocratic family which I would think means it wasn't one of the big four. The same volume mentions that Kyoraku (Ukitake's buddy) was from a more high class family but it didn't indicate his was one of the big ones either.

Munsu
Sat, 03-29-2008, 07:19 AM
No way is Ichigo's mother from a noble family or a shinigami for that matter.

ruccus
Sat, 03-29-2008, 10:50 PM
No way is Ichigo's mother from a noble family or a shinigami for that matter.

For that matter, did we see the Vaizards being Gotei 13 captains or vice-captains? Or Isshin as a former shinigami?

Especially that last example should prove that it's possible for Ichigo's mother to be a part of a noble family.

Chiodos
Sun, 03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
It feels like a big throw that she could be a possibility. If I had to choose, it would be Isshin.

Munsu
Mon, 03-31-2008, 12:11 PM
For that matter, did we see the Vaizards being Gotei 13 captains or vice-captains? Or Isshin as a former shinigami?

Especially that last example should prove that it's possible for Ichigo's mother to be a part of a noble family.
And she got fooled by a shitty Hollow like Gran Fisher and got killed? Please.

As for the Vizards being captains, etc. there was no reason for them not to be... there's nothing that would've contradicted it... same with Isshin. He didn't let himself get killed by some random weak hollow or anything for that matter... it was all a facade; the mother got herself killed by such a weak hollow... it's completely moronic and idiotic; and if she ended up being one then it would simply make zero sense. The only way it would be if she suffered from some sort of condition that incapacitated her... but that's quite farfetched I would say.

ruccus
Mon, 03-31-2008, 04:37 PM
And she got fooled by a shitty Hollow like Gran Fisher and got killed? Please.

As for the Vizards being captains, etc. there was no reason for them not to be... there's nothing that would've contradicted it... same with Isshin. He didn't let himself get killed by some random weak hollow or anything for that matter... it was all a facade; the mother got herself killed by such a weak hollow... it's completely moronic and idiotic; and if she ended up being one then it would simply make zero sense. The only way it would be if she suffered from some sort of condition that incapacitated her... but that's quite farfetched I would say.

For one, if you go back and read those chapters again (Volume 3), firstly, his mom definetly looks concerned, not like a "stop or you'll get hurt" concerned, but a "don't, you will die".

Most importantly though, when Isshin faces the Grand Fisher in his Arrancar form, Fisher states that Ichigo would be a pure blood with a shinigami for a father. I dont think that's possible if his mother is a regular human.

Abdula
Mon, 03-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Actually SS refers to Ichigo as a substitute shinigami because he gained his abilities from Rukia what Fisher was saying was that if Ichigo's father is a shinigami then Ichigo too is a true shinigami and not just someone who was given shinigami abilities.

Munsu
Mon, 03-31-2008, 05:17 PM
For one, if you go back and read those chapters again (Volume 3), firstly, his mom definetly looks concerned, not like a "stop or you'll get hurt" concerned, but a "don't, you will die".

Most importantly though, when Isshin faces the Grand Fisher in his Arrancar form, Fisher states that Ichigo would be a pure blood with a shinigami for a father. I dont think that's possible if his mother is a regular human.
I don't have the chapters with me, but wasn't a little kid known as Ichigo about to throw himself into the river? And drown? Show me a mother that wouldn't show that type of concern faced with the same situation. Even so, being around Isshin might've let her see hollows, etc. Still doesn't explain how a noble class shinigami would've let herself get killed by a shitty hollow like Grand Fisher.

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 04-01-2008, 02:55 AM
Still doesn't explain how a noble class shinigami would've let herself get killed by a shitty hollow like Grand Fisher.

Isshin didn't start to regain his powers until around that time so we could assume that if Ichigo's mom was a Noble she had her powers sealed just like Isshin. Also since it seems apparent that no one in Soul Society even knows where Isshin is we can also assume that they either: A.Sealed their powers themselves. or B.Kiske sealed them under the radar. But this is all just speculation on my part.

Abdula
Tue, 04-01-2008, 10:03 AM
When did they ever say Isshin lost his powers, he just wasn't using them, much like Urahara and Yoruichi.

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 04-01-2008, 04:23 PM
When did they ever say Isshin lost his powers, he just wasn't using them, much like Urahara and Yoruichi.

Yeah you are right. I went back to chapter 188 and confirmed. He just hadn't used his powers for 20 years. So if his mother was a shinigami she let herself die. Maybe she was just some one who could see spirits. Much like Tatsuki who can now see spirits.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 04-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Well that wouldn't be surprising. Being next to a powerful Shinigami like Isshin might have produced the same effect that being near Ichigo does for his friends on her.

Yukimura
Wed, 04-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Despite the previous insistence on his 'shittiness' it was stated that Grand Fisher was a famous hollow that had been evading and battling shinigami in addition to eating strong souls for around 50 years. While he was certainly no match for a captain level shinigami he was apparently too powerful for normal grunt-level shinigami to handle.

If Ichigo's mom was actually a Shinigami in a gigai I don't see what would be weird about him killing her. Her being a shinigami doesn't necessarily mean she was a powerful shinigami, and even if she was powerful there's the situational aspect to consider.

When we're first introduced to Rukia she's been a shinigami for at least 50 years and was strong enough to be a seated officer, yet despite this she was almost killed by a no name hollow because she thoughtlessly threw herself into the line of an attack and was wounded protecting a human.

If Ichigo's mom was a shinigami who'd been living as a human for 20 years and then saw a Hollow about to eat her child I wouldn't find it shocking that her first thought wasn't "I have to transform into a shinigami and kill that Hollow" but instead was, "I have to get to and protect my son as soon as possible".

Now, I haven't really seen much evidence pointing to her actually being a shinigami, but I wouldn't discount it as unlikely either given what we do know.

Chiodos
Wed, 04-02-2008, 02:16 PM
I really have no hope at all that they will put facts about the mom.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 04-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I think it's possible that she was a shinigami, or at least had enoug spirit energy to satisfy grand fisher's appetite.
maybe Isshin had to quit becuase he married a lower-class woman?

ruccus
Thu, 04-03-2008, 09:36 PM
That's really the conclusion I'm coming to through this topic as well because really she can't just be a normal human. I don't believe Isshin, possibly a captain, would marry a regular human, even if she had high spiritual energy. But one thing we can all (hopefully) agree on is that Ichigo's mother is not a regular human.

Chiodos
Fri, 04-04-2008, 08:12 AM
I think it's possible that she was a shinigami, or at least had enoug spirit energy to satisfy grand fisher's appetite.
maybe Isshin had to quit becuase he married a lower-class woman?

Quite nice Theory. He found an lower class women. Maybe way down the scale, want to be, like..forever with her and with a little help of Urahaha, they all escape from Soul Society?