PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 165

Penner
Wed, 03-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Out by DB, Bleach 165 (http://dattebayo.com/t/b165.torrent)

Also, yay i posted a release-thread first :D

Sluma
Wed, 03-19-2008, 09:26 PM
from the previews in episode 165, the next episode looks great! April 9th can't come any sooner :P

BTW thanks for the torrent :)

Archangel
Wed, 03-19-2008, 09:38 PM
yay blech has come!!!! *does strangely erotical dance*

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-20-2008, 12:25 AM
All around badass episode.

Ulq's Cero is definitely green.

Cube o' banishment is boss.

Grimm's got a Super-Cero that rules.

And H-ichigo is already shown up!

Archangel
Thu, 03-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Ohhh come on!!!! 2 whole weeks without bleach??! thats just fucking ridiculous omg!!!

At least give us some crappy fillers but to go 2 weeks without episodes is just evil!

At least this episode rocked and it looks like the next one will rock too ( but 2 weeks is just way too long to be without bleach )

Uberbaka
Thu, 03-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Great episode, but the end just makes me look forwards to the next one so much more that I almost forgot what happened in the ep, heh..

And I'm glad they did the 2 week break instead of subjecting us to fillers. (Which in this situation would probably have to be Doll fillers back in the real world DX).

Time for the manga to shift into overdrive and release a chapter every day so they can get ahead =P

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 03-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Grimm's Cero at the end looked like some Kamehameha shit to me. Good ep none the less...

Archangel
Thu, 03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Btw doesnt grims release look kinda weird? he's way too skiny.

kmkze04
Fri, 03-21-2008, 05:07 AM
Bleach is the only thing keeping me alive from the horridly slow, drawn out story of Naruto. I was surprised Grimmjow was able to fight with Ulquiorra on even ground (or seemingly) long enough to pull that stunt. I was actually thinking whether or not Grimmjow was going to ask for Ichigo's help to take down Ulquiorra first. But, considering the outcome of the fight is going to end with both severely injured or one dead and the other injured, I wonder how either of them expect to get away from Ulquiorra afterward. I mean, sh**, that's going to be one pissed off Espada coming back.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-21-2008, 05:23 AM
I was surprised Grimmjow was able to fight with Ulquiorra on even ground (or seemingly) long enough to pull that stunt.Ya know, they're only 2 ranks a part. There's only one guy between them in terms of power, so they're probably pretty close to each other.

Abdula
Fri, 03-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Really thats like saying a 3rd seed is probably close to a captain because there is only the vice captain between them so they are only two ranks apart.

Chiodos
Fri, 03-21-2008, 10:26 AM
I think it's fine by me the two weeks jump, really.
This ep could've been better, quality wise. They could also NOT showing Grimmjaw's release in the preview, I would love the releases to be a suprise factor.

Overall, decent episode.

Archangel
Fri, 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Dont take me wrong, this episode was wasome just like all the other bleach episodes that every week save me from all the bullshit the nauto guys throiw at me. But after seeing a preview with a released grim, a masked ichigo with his mak half destroyed u tell me i have to w8 to weeks to see the whole thing? Thats evil dude!

Darknodin
Fri, 03-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Dont take me wrong, this episode was wasome just like all the other bleach episodes that every week save me from all the bullshit the nauto guys throiw at me. But after seeing a preview with a released grim, a masked ichigo with his mak half destroyed u tell me i have to w8 to weeks to see the whole thing? Thats evil dude!

I really think this was the point... in three weeks (because... that's actually what you're going to wait), kids in japan will be watching Bleach by the billions!

kmkze04
Fri, 03-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Heh heh I remember one time I actually got onto DB to get the release when it had been out for 1 minute only.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Really thats like saying a 3rd seed is probably close to a captain because there is only the vice captain between them so they are only two ranks apart.It's not the same as all. Because there's 13 Squads. The number of people between you, and that captain in power within your own organization is all 13 of the 2nd seats, all 13 of the Vice Captains, and and all the other 3rd seats that are stronger than you, and all the other captains that are weaker than him.

The Espada are the most powerful hollows period. The difference between the 4th and 6th Espada like the different in power between the 4th most powerful Captain and the 6th. Not the difference between a Captain and a 3rd seat.

kmkze04
Fri, 03-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Well look at their power differences already. We know Ulquiorra can dominate Yami, and Grimmjow is obviously doubting of his strength with only 2 ranks apart. No I think Abdula is along the right track, maybe the power differences aren't as great as in the 13 squads, but there is a decisive power difference, such as between Aizen and Toushirou, or Yamamoto and Ukitake.

Darknodin
Fri, 03-21-2008, 03:27 PM
speaking of power... anyone realized that Inoue blocked the cero? with ease? granted it wasn't directed at her but it destroyed the whole area.

Crash
Fri, 03-21-2008, 04:02 PM
What are you talking about? The cero was going directly at her. Also she didn't block it, Ichigo brought out his Hollow powers and blocked it himself to save her. That was kind of the point of the whole scene, Grimmjow put Inoue in danger so that Ichigo would bring out his full power to save her.

Great episode, that was a slick move Grimmjow pulled on U*. Really looking forward to seeing this fight, it should be awesome.

redcat
Fri, 03-21-2008, 04:19 PM
i don't think she blocked the cero directly, just the debris that flew around after

What are you talking about? The cero was going directly at her. Also she didn't block it, Ichigo brought out his Hollow powers and blocked it himself to save her. That was kind of the point of the whole scene, Grimmjow put Inoue in danger so that Ichigo would bring out his full power to save her.
i think he was talking about the one that burned grimms arm, at least i was

Archangel
Fri, 03-21-2008, 04:47 PM
That blue cero was awsome .

As for the difference in power, u have to notice that ulquiora only used 1 arm against grim while he used 2 against ichigo cause he pissed him off. So theres a huge gap between them, possibly cause ulquiora is in the top 5.

Crash
Fri, 03-21-2008, 05:00 PM
i don't think she blocked the cero directly, just the debris that flew around after

i think he was talking about the one that burned grimms arm, at least i was

ah yeah, on that one i'd say she was just shielding herself and Nel from the damage being done to the surrounding area by their fight. The Cero's blast seemed to be fairly contained since Grim had his own hand around it. Still though probably more than she could have blocked in the SS arc.

Darknodin
Fri, 03-21-2008, 07:26 PM
yea... i was talking about Ulquiorra's Cero... of course she was only shielding herself from the aftermath of the cero. but the room was entirely destroyed, so she blocked part of the energy while healing ichigo. It might not have been intentional by the authors, but if it was, its interesting how the potentially limitless power of Inoue could be applied to defense... and offense.

kmkze04
Fri, 03-21-2008, 09:03 PM
We still haven't seen if her offensive abilities have grown along with her defensive.

Archangel
Fri, 03-21-2008, 10:15 PM
In the brief time we see her training she does use her offensive abilities alot but im guessing that after the yammi ownage she wont dare to use it again against an espada

Abdula
Fri, 03-21-2008, 11:02 PM
It's not the same as all. Because there's 13 Squads. The number of people between you, and that captain in power within your own organization is all 13 of the 2nd seats, all 13 of the Vice Captains, and and all the other 3rd seats that are stronger than you, and all the other captains that are weaker than him.

The Espada are the most powerful hollows period. The difference between the 4th and 6th Espada like the different in power between the 4th most powerful Captain and the 6th. Not the difference between a Captain and a 3rd seat.

Oh I'm pretty sure you are completely wrong because the ranking is within the squad not within all of SS for example I can't remember his name but there was this one guy Ikkaku was making fun of because he wanted to be a vice captain but he wasn't strong enough to be the VC in squad 11 so he transferred to another squad and became VC there because their members are weaker. Anyway the point is that the ranking is based on the strength of the members within the squad rather than all of SS. I can't remember what episode it was but it was just before or during Ichigo's fight with Byakuya.

The number of the squad doesn't indicate the overall strength of the members or the captains either for example Soifon who was beaten by Yoruichi is the captain of Squad 2 and Zaraki is the captain of squad 11 yet he defeated Tosen captain of squad 9 and Byakuya is 6 which is behind both Soifon and Unohana.

I would assume that since Aizen is the one who ranks the espada in the first place is originally from SS then the gap between each espada rank would be similar to the gap between each rank within a squad.

Jessper
Sat, 03-22-2008, 03:19 AM
Oh I'm pretty sure you are completely wrong because the ranking is within the squad not within all of SS for example I can't remember his name but there was this one guy Ikkaku was making fun of because he wanted to be a vice captain but he wasn't strong enough to be the VC in squad 11 so he transferred to another squad and became VC there because their members are weaker. Anyway the point is that the ranking is based on the strength of the members within the squad rather than all of SS. I can't remember what episode it was but it was just before or during Ichigo's fight with Byakuya.

That isn't what he was saying. It wasn't that VC relative strength is: Squad 1 VC > Squad 2 VC > Squad 3 > .... but rather that Vice Captains are all in the same bracket, some will be stronger and some weaker but in all cases a Captain will beat any of them and in most every case people that are not VCs will not beat them (this is biased because some are strong enough there are just not enough slots for them).

When he referred to a captains strength he said "4th most powerful" etc, the number of their squad wasn't brought up by Darth.

Something else to consider is Grimmjow's idea of their relative power.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-22-2008, 03:26 AM

The number of the squad doesn't indicate the overall strength of the members or the captains either for example Soifon who was beaten by Yoruichi is the captain of Squad 2 and Zaraki is the captain of squad 11 yet he defeated Tosen captain of squad 9 and Byakuya is 6 which is behind both Soifon and Unohana.

I would assume that since Aizen is the one who ranks the espada in the first place is originally from SS then the gap between each espada rank would be similar to the gap between each rank within a squad.Thats a lot of talking that isn't relevant to what we're talking about. Yes, I know some squads are more powerful on the whole than other squads. The point I was making is that in all of Soul Society the number of Soul Reapers who's power falls between any given 3rd Seat and their Captain is probably dozens of people. Whereas the number of Hollows who's power falls between Ulquiorra and Grimmjow is one guy.

Abdula
Sat, 03-22-2008, 12:23 PM
What difference does it make whether its one guy or 300 hundred guys. If it was like SS and there were atleast twelve other guys ranked 5, what difference would it make in terms of the power gap between one rank and the rank directly below or above it. If Ulq is say 10 times more powerful than Grim then it doesn't matter how many other people fall within that range and have the rank 5 because it wouldn't change the difference there is between 6 and 4

The amount of people within the rank doesn't do anything to indicate the difference in strength between each rank. For example Renji is a VC, the fact that there are 12 other VCs and Thirteen captains doesn't indicate the difference in strength between Renji and Byakuya. You guys seem to think I don't understand what you're saying but I think its you that doesn't understand what I'm saying.

All I'm saying is that I would expect the difference in power between each rank of the espada to be similar to the difference between each rank in SS. Meaning I would expect that the difference between #4 & 5 espada to be proportional to the difference between a Captain and a VC or a VC and a 3rd seed rather than the difference in strength between the fourth strongest and fifth strongest captain. I think that would just be too close a gap, I mean Aaroniero( the guy Rukia beat) despite everything was ranked number 9 meaning there are only 2 people between him and Grim and I don't think their strength is in anyway comparable.

Secondly if the rankings were that close in power then one wouldn't really have much to fear if say they had to go from fighting number 6 to number 5 since they would all be comparative in power. I really don't consider Grim running his mouth to be indicative of their relative power, because Ulq didn't seem to be concerned about it at all and in a situation like that I would think the higher ranked member would be the one who truly knows what the difference between their power and the power of the lower ranked one is.

For example Renji thought he knew what the difference in strength between he and Byakuya were. I think Grim is just confident and thinks he can take on anyone, I mean wasn't he going try and fight Tosen earlier on, like that was ever going to happen, from that and his general mannerisms I would say he just overestimates himself and I think there would be a huge difference is strength between the top five espada and 6 through 10.

Archangel
Sat, 03-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh I'm pretty sure you are completely wrong because the ranking is within the squad not within all of SS for example I can't remember his name but there was this one guy Ikkaku was making fun of because he wanted to be a vice captain but he wasn't strong enough to be the VC in squad 11 so he transferred to another squad and became VC there because their members are weaker.

That wasnt about strenght, it was because zaraki would never give up the pink kiddy as his vice

Archangel
Sat, 03-22-2008, 12:43 PM
I think Grim is just confident and thinks he can take on anyone, I mean wasn't he going try and fight Tosen earlier on, like that was ever going to happen, from that and his general mannerisms I would say he just overestimates himself and I think there would be a huge difference is strength between the top five espada and 6 through 10.

Btw, any thoughts on how the guy that was owned by zaraki sliced grims arm like it was nothing?

PS: ups sorry about double post

Abdula
Sat, 03-22-2008, 01:22 PM
That wasnt about strenght, it was because zaraki would never give up the pink kiddy as his vice

Really, yeah you're probably right the people in Zaraki's squad all seemed to be ranked based on what rank they want rather than actual strength.

Btw, any thoughts on how the guy that was owned by zaraki sliced grims arm like it was nothing?

PS: ups sorry about double post
Evil villain/HM/Hogyoku power boost. Its not like Ichigo's power ups make any sense either.

Archangel
Sat, 03-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Im not saying shes not powerfull but even if someone more powefull would come along, lets say the bald guy that can use bankai, he would make it to vice captain. She and zaraki have some disturbed father daughter relation going on.

kmkze04
Sat, 03-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Heh heh I find the pair quite entertaining... especially how Yachiru (pink hair) give directions to Kenpachi. If any of you haven't watched the 2nd OVA, watch it and see how bad Yachiru really gets haha.
But, I think the ranks as far as the 11th squad go aren't as you think, the strength is there. When Yachiru showed off her reiatsu while Ichigo and Kenpachi were fighting I think it proves she's quite strong, probably on level with Ikkaku. If she's hiding a Bankai, maybe even more. Ikkaku strength-wise seems properly placed at 3rd with his Shikai, aside from hiding his Bankai. Its just the pretty boy who wanted to be placed at a different seat, not the whole squad.

Archangel
Sat, 03-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Lol no way she has bankai . What would that be anyway *super powepuff pink power of goodness" bankai?

DayoftheDante
Sat, 03-22-2008, 04:30 PM
There's a big fucking gap between Grimmjow and Ulqiorra. Ulqiorra almost blocked a full blast from masked Ichigo-with his hands. Clothes got shredded, but he didn't get any wounds from that(look at Grimmjow's chest). Ichigo JUST put on his mask, and Grimmjow has been blocking with his sword the whole time. Grimmjow is also about to do his release... Has Ulqiorra had to do that yet?

I also have to chuckle here, because Szayel made a big point of leaving to change his clothes, and Ulqiorra has already done so and returned without saying a word about it.

kmkze04
Sun, 03-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Well, Grimmjow was right when he said Ulquiorra was being talkative. Why would Ulquoirra bother talking about his clothes? Szayel likes to hear himself talk I think.
Also, to show the power gap more, notice that Grimmjow burned his arm in just that few seconds, while Ulquiorra had relatively no injury even catching a point blank punch/cero from Grimmjow.
And, supposing finger vs hand matters, Ulquiorra only uses 1 finger to fire a very powerful cero. If using his whole hand increases his power output, imagine exactly how much damage that would do. It would probably blow Grimmjow away in an instant if he's not released.

Archangel
Sun, 03-23-2008, 12:28 PM
And, supposing finger vs hand matters, Ulquiorra only uses 1 finger to fire a very powerful cero. If using his whole hand increases his power output, imagine exactly how much damage that would do. It would probably blow Grimmjow away in an instant if he's not released.

I dont think it does since most arrancars all have a different way to fire their cero. Remeber how the privaron espada ichigo fought used a strange hand signal for his?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Some of these attacks might not be Cero's but that "Hollow Bullet" attack instead.

Archangel
Sun, 03-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Nah those definetely weren't balas because they made the cero sound.

kmkze04
Sun, 03-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah Baras have a very distinct sound. Besides, Grimmjow doesn't seem to like Baras, he likes to brute force the crap out of people. And I don't think I've seen any of the Arrancar fire a point blank Bara. Since it moves faster toward a target, that would defeat the purpose of firing it point blank. Cero would be much more useful, and Grimmjow loves to do things point blank unless he's in a pinch.