PDA

View Full Version : TV: Eli Stone

Assassin
Sun, 03-16-2008, 05:55 PM
So, is anyone else beside me following this show. I just started watching yesterday and saw all 7 eps in one nite.

For those who dont know, Eli Stone is a legal dramedy about a high powered lawyer....who also happens to be a prophet. Due to a brain aneurysm Eli, a senior associate in a well respected, powerful lawfirm, starts to have visions. Most of which come in the form of musical numbers staring his co-workers or anyone else around him at the time. Also caught up in his prophetic problems are his fiancee, who happens to be the bosses daughter, his brother, the doctor who diagnosed him, and a 'not-so-chinese' chinese acupuncturist who tries to help him interpret his visions.

As i said, there are 7 episodes out so far but within such a small time frame the show has managed to build several characters as well as intriguing interpersonal relationships within the characters.

This is definately a show worth checking out, and i hope im not the only one doin so.

Munsu
Sun, 03-16-2008, 06:01 PM
I tried a bit of the first episode, and wasn't liking it... was finding it boring and dumb.

saman
Sun, 03-16-2008, 06:20 PM
wow, i thought i was the only one around here watching this show. yeah, i've been catching it regularly since it started. comes on right after lost on a couple of channels. the storyline is interesting, and it's very well paced. i hope this show stays on the right track so i can keep watching it.

Sapphire
Mon, 03-17-2008, 07:34 AM
I love this show, I watch it on abc.com

Anyone know he used to be married to Angelina Jolie?

Assassin
Mon, 03-17-2008, 11:47 AM
wtf, seriously? how long ago was this?

Sapphire
Mon, 03-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Back in the Hackers movie or something.

But anyway, this show is awesome. The concept of the aneurysm causing perhaps some consequential illusions is amazing enough, but they decided to mix in something that is highly debated to be forbidden to mention in the industries.. a "higher up purpose," and they did it beautifly. They don't really leave much for you to agonize over like Lost does, but both shows have their strong points..

These Chinese acupuncture guy is my favorite character, and though I understand where the blonde lawyer's feelings are coming from, for some unidentifiable reason I don't like her very much either. I was never good at remembering names..

Abdula
Thu, 03-20-2008, 10:58 PM
No earthquake, you know I actually thought it was going to happen I love that it didn't. She went back to Ohio whats up with that, she couldn't like just take the week off she had to leave the state?

Sapphire
Fri, 03-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Well the something could happen next episode.

saman
Fri, 03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
this week's episode was intense. i didn't want it to end, and was sad when it did.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Anyone still keeping up with this series? I think it's messed up how the brown haired girl (Chloe?) is getting engaged, but I don't blame Eli for not noticing haha.

Enigmatic mixing with coincidences mixing with dogma is getting pretty crazy though. At this rate he seems very prophetic, I think they should throw in a couple more failures so no one really knows what's going on. XD

saman
Fri, 04-11-2008, 07:59 PM
haha chloe? try maggie. :P

i don't know what to make of the eli-and-maggie-with-baby vision. it just seems weird. so, is eli supposed to start this "live brave" thing? what if the prisoner guy sues him for stealing his motto?

docdan63
Mon, 04-14-2008, 11:50 PM
I like this show. I like the idea of the story line. I like the characters in it. The whole thing. I don't like don't like the bitch of a blond daddy's girl lawyer. I don't like her as an actress, lady or human. And god is she U to the gly

Her name by the way is Natasha Hendstridge. In case anyone was interested.

I like that Eli saw himself in the vision with his and Maggies baby. Thats a much better plot to go for rather than him ending up with that blond biyotch who cares more about her career than her fiancee. Maggie isn't like that you can tell. She already hangs out with Eli and treats people (Eli) much better. Shes a sweety. Thats the kind of girl he needs.

Plus you know.....SHES FREAKING GORGEOUS!! Much prettier than blondie.

I don't think he'll steal his Live Brave slogan. If his vision is any indicator, he'll end up being the black guys (criminal, not lawyer guy) right hand man in the campaign through it all. He already likes Eli more than the other lawyer he got much more.

Assassin
Tue, 04-15-2008, 01:03 AM
i gotta say, that last scene in sundays ep, with the earthquake and mr. wheathersby going "i'd like a recount. i think some of the members may have changed thier mind"....i was like pwned

really wanna see how this plays out now

Sapphire
Tue, 04-15-2008, 08:01 AM
If they are going back to the earthquake I'm sure something will happen. SO I think most of us agree that the Blonde sucks and we want him to hook up with Maggie, but having a baby vision is too far?lol. I like how they didn't even bother making them look older even though it's like 2012. So yeah, we've crossed the line from uncertain to prophetic, but I like the hip azn guy haha.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-25-2008, 03:56 PM
This last episode kicked ASS.
Perfect season finale.

Assassin
Fri, 04-25-2008, 06:46 PM
it did indeed...does anyone know if its gonna get renewed? or if its already been renewed?

saman
Fri, 04-25-2008, 06:49 PM
is this last week's episode we're talking about? cuz i didn't see one last night

Sapphire
Fri, 04-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Sure why not. At this point they could do whatever.

Perhaps the best 13 episode series on ABC ever made, though.

Munsu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 06:05 AM
For those interested, it has been picked up for a second season.

saman
Thu, 05-15-2008, 11:36 PM
yay :D i was getting wooried because i kept reading that a second season was unlikely

Sapphire
Fri, 05-16-2008, 12:01 AM
I would be surprised at America if Eli wasn't popular enough to be picked up for a second season.

Munsu
Sun, 09-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Well, after seeing that many here were liking this series, I gave it a second shot with the dvd version... and I really liked it. My first impression of the series was awful, but a couple episodes in it got much better. You know, the show reminds me a bit of Grey's Anatomy in how the character interaction is, and the mixture of comedy with the drama.

I don't like Maggie much though, Taylor is the winner for me... Eli is a complete idiot.

For some news, it looks like Seal will be doing some singing during the second season. Second season starts October 14.

Munsu
Tue, 10-14-2008, 12:33 PM
For those interested, the show returns tonight @ 10 EST.

Sapphire
Mon, 10-20-2008, 11:24 AM
New season lookin' good so far.

Munsu
Mon, 10-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Yep, first episode was interesting... I wonder if we'll see more of Sigourney Weaver or if this was a one time thing. I also liked the idea of him regaining his brain aneurysm and how he got it back. Still makes you wonder of when it resurfaced since he was clearly having some visions during the 4 months (the psychiatrist).

Sapphire
Wed, 10-22-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm very happy to see Katie Holmes on this show. =D

Munsu
Wed, 10-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, it was cool to see her. She sucks at the movies, but I like her on tv shows. I have to admit, I watched Dawson's Creek because I thought she was hot... man, I suffered a lot just to get my weekly Holmes dosage.

Anyways, last nights episode was great... I liked that they burned the book, I wasn't liking the plot device. But, I like the little twist at the end. The future is not set in stone, so it makes you wonder if he and Maggie ever end up getting together. I for one never liked her... I like Taylor. But if anything, I hope Holmes comes back for a while.

Munsu
Fri, 09-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Well, I just watched the end of season 2. This was a pretty good show, and I'm still surprised that it didn't do well. I blame the show's pilot episode.

Did any of you guys finished up the series? There were about 4 episodes that aired during the summer after Christmas break, so I'm guessing not many of you did.

Anyways, I also found a link where the executive producer explains where the series would have gone, which couples ended up together, the fate of Eli, etc. It had some surprises in there:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b139287_eli_stone_future_revealed.html