PDA

View Full Version : Nokia Morph Cellphone Rolls Up, Stretches, Cleans Itself

Zachiru-Hirosaki
Sun, 03-16-2008, 01:20 PM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z64/Crazerdash/untitled.jpg

Nokia's new Morph concept phone would use nanotechnology to give it a flexible body with a transparent display that could be re-shaped depending on the user's needs, a far cry from today's solid and chunky devices. Even the electronics inside it would be transparent and flexible, so the whole phone may be twisted and stretched into bracelet shapes or tablet form, and nanotech cleverness means it would even clean itself. Developed in cooperation with Cambridge University, this glimpse of a distant future is now on display at the MoMA in New York. Jump for video and yadda-yadda press release.

http://gizmodo.com/360260/nokia-morph-cellphone-rolls-up-stretches-cleans-itself

darkshadow
Mon, 03-17-2008, 05:26 AM
ahhh nokia, you never let me down, now just release that before cellphones become outdated >_>.

David75
Mon, 03-17-2008, 05:34 AM
ahhh nokia, you never let me down, now just release that before cellphones become outdated >_>.

I see that thing more as a Human Assitant and Communication Interface

So yes cellphones will be outdated as phone only device.
But a device that does everything currently done by multiple devices would not be called outdated (ie cellphone+GPS+PDA+multimedia+camera+whatever can be stuffed)

At some point I thought that a very basic cellphone would be what I seek.
I was wrong, being able to find contacts easily amongs 100+ (in fact 500+) with PDA and sliding keyboard was my really basic need.

But I admitt that if I can have a very efficient and nice to the eye GPS would be a great plus so that I do not have my car cluttered with power, antena and whatever wires... and I do not need like 3 minutes to install everything every time I enter my car (do it 5 times a day... and you'll know what I mean... because you can't obviously let that apparent in your car due to potential theft...)

Kraco
Mon, 03-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Who cares what they are called as long as you can turn it on and say: "Beam me up, Scotty!"