PDA

View Full Version : Fate/Stay Night: The Game

Pages : [1] 2

Deadfire
Sat, 05-12-2007, 01:55 AM
nerco-posting...because I have awesome news

The English patch of the game is finally out! find it here http://mirrormoon.org/

More information later as soon as I stop playing it again...

Lucifus
Sat, 05-12-2007, 03:01 AM
HellZ effing yea! Deadfire, your greatest post ever!:cool:
*Lucifus bows his head in silent worship.

animus
Sat, 05-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Seems like only Saber's route is out. I'll probably try it in a bit.

Ryllharu
Sat, 05-12-2007, 07:41 AM
They're translating Rin's route next, as interesting as Unlimited Blade Works is, I'd rather not have to wait for Heaven's Feel last. Sakura's arc is the most interesting out of all of them. It also has the most drama.

RyougaZell
Sat, 05-12-2007, 07:57 AM
I downloaded the patch several days ago. Just installed yesterday though.
Had trouble running the game, since it requiered to change all my configuration to japanese, even though the english patch mas installed. Didn't get pass day 1 though, my head was spinning because of the damn flu. Maybe I'll continue later.

Idealistic
Sat, 05-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Hmm.... Anyone know where I could download the game? And it's for PC right?

Also.. Any news on fate/zero?

darkshadow
Sat, 05-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I downloaded the patch several days ago. Just installed yesterday though.
Had trouble running the game, since it requiered to change all my configuration to japanese.....

Use microsoft Applocale.

Deadfire
Sat, 05-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Also.. Any news on fate/zero?

Fate/zero Has two volumes out right now with the last releasing 03/31/07.

The current translation is being undertaken by various members of the Beast's Lair Forum and only hosted by Baka-Tsuki.It doesn't have the visual scans of the visual novel but it has the translation for it. It appears the visual novel even in raw form doesn't exist (at least with out looking really hard for it)

Find out more here

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero

RyougaZell
Sun, 05-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Use microsoft Applocale.

Downloaded it, but it won't install.

I get this error message:

"Windows cannot open this program because it was restricted by a software directive. For more information ask your administrator"

Some weeks ago I had trouble with several spywares that modified my registry, and I fixed everything I found. Dunno if something was left behind, or if there is something else I need to change on my pc to install Applocale.

Any help darkshadow?

Kraco
Sun, 05-20-2007, 01:25 AM
They're translating Rin's route next, as interesting as Unlimited Blade Works is, I'd rather not have to wait for Heaven's Feel last. Sakura's arc is the most interesting out of all of them. It also has the most drama.

I don't mind that. When playing the game, I have found Rin actually much more interesting than in the anime (not that there would have been any problems there, either, but still), and it would be nice to see what kind of story would be revealed from her route. For some reason Sakura hasn't much interested me at all. Well, I have only seen the anime and now almost the Saber route, so I suppose I have no idea at all what Sakura's route could offer.

Edit: It was certainly worth it to play it through. The anime was quite faithful to the source, and had the same atmosphere and feeling all the way through (except for certain obvious parts). Jolly good stuff. Still, it would be interesting to see other routes, or at least Rin's route. Aye, the ending was just as beautiful, as well. It's one of the best anime endings, and having seen this, no wonder.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Well, you can always read the summaries of the story arcs in the wiki page, but they obviously won't be quite the same.

Sakura's is by far the most disturbing arc. It shows a very dark and twisted version of the storyline, and I if I'm not mistaken, it's "normal" ending is what leads to the sequel Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.

As a treat for the Rin love, have an image from Fate/Hollow with Rin as the magical girl Kaleido-Ruby.
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4376/fsnkaleidorubylp5.th.jpg (http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fsnkaleidorubylp5.jpg)

Kraco
Mon, 05-21-2007, 03:02 AM
As a treat for the Rin love, have an image from Fate/Hollow with Rin as the magical girl Kaleido-Ruby.

That image is highly disturbing...

But yeah, I won't be reading summaries. I'll wait patiently for them to finish Rin's route. While the anime was highly similar to the game, the game still contained lots of extra detail. No wonder considering it really was as long as a novel... Hmm... That being said, the translation effort surely is commendable: It must have been like translating a fricking book from a different language! I had no idea before I had played for a good long time.

Board of Command
Mon, 05-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Detail as in....Shiro and Saber in bed under Rin's supervision?

BioAlien
Tue, 05-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Where can i find/get/buy the Visual Novels?
And how much space does it take on the Hard drive?
(I already finished reading the trial, it was quite entertaining.)
edit: nevermind, got my anwsers.

darkshadow
Tue, 05-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Downloaded it, but it won't install.

I get this error message:

"Windows cannot open this program because it was restricted by a software directive. For more information ask your administrator"

Some weeks ago I had trouble with several spywares that modified my registry, and I fixed everything I found. Dunno if something was left behind, or if there is something else I need to change on my pc to install Applocale.

Any help darkshadow?

Thats really weird, did you try running it under safe mode?

RyougaZell
Tue, 05-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Yes. It gave me the same warning.
I own a legal copy of Win Xp Home, but currently using a not-so-legal-hack called Win Xp Lite... so Im thinking the applocale is not recognizing my copy as a Win Xp... oh whatever... whenever I play the game I'll change settings (someday...)
Thanks for the help though darkshadow.

BioAlien
Tue, 08-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Mirrormoon UBW patch is at 95%, only the Epilogue is remaining.. and then the testing?
I just hope it will be released by the end of the month.

WRX Sti
Tue, 08-14-2007, 11:39 PM
hey, does anyone know where to get the first eps? cause the link on the first page doesnt work & i dont want to read spoilers :) hehe...

Kraco
Wed, 08-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Mirrormoon UBW patch is at 95%, only the Epilogue is remaining.. and then the testing?

Most excellent! Though it will mean the demise of my Enter pressing finger, but I can't wait to see Rin's path!

hey, does anyone know where to get the first eps? cause the link on the first page doesnt work

The AonE batch link (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE%5D_Fate_stay_night_01_24.torrent) seems to work fine. Use it. Place the rest of your episodes in the correct directory and it will only download the missing episodes. Or just select those episodes you want in the first place when initiating the download.

If you are looking for Eclipse's version, then get the torrent from Boxtorrents.

BioAlien
Fri, 08-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Most excellent! Though it will mean the demise of my Enter pressing finger, but I can't wait to see Rin's path!.
Come on, it's not that much pressing.
And can you use your thumb(or any other finger) by pressing Space Bar on your keyboard to move forward in the novel.

Ps. If anyone want the Visual Novel, you can PM me for the download links (divided in 3 parts of 430/430/378/mb due to the size, it's a ISO, so you can mount it or burn it), since I doubt it is much legal to post download link for it in the public.

Be sure to have spaces available in your PM box before asking for it, I can't send the links if your box is full..

Edit:
The progress for UWB patch no longer shows up, which mean it is finished and most likely, in beta testing.(Finding typo and other things like that)
Soooooon!
UBW Translation progress: 100%

Current editing progress: 3%

gonzo
Thu, 09-06-2007, 11:17 PM
This show looks extremely cool, can't wait to watch it. Thanks for making me aware to yet another awesome anime.

Kraco
Fri, 09-07-2007, 02:05 AM
It's my theory that it's impossible to spend any real amount of time at this forum and not learn about FSN...

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-12-2007, 08:24 PM
New PSP game...
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24845.html

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 09-13-2007, 11:42 AM
OMFG CHIBI?!?! It looks....strange o.O

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Gachapon Saber?! It even has Dark Sakura and Karen.
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6936/a1182408175446ge6.th.jpg (http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a1182408175446ge6.jpg)

Japan gets all the good games. I'd still love them to bring over Melty Blood, but only Naruto and Bleach (ugh) have the kind of popularity to bring games over.

animus
Thu, 09-13-2007, 12:17 PM
I know I'm getting that for my PSP when it hits Japan. Got Crisis Core when that was released on Tuesday.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Gachapon Saber?! It even has Dark Sakura and Karen.
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6936/a1182408175446ge6.th.jpg (http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a1182408175446ge6.jpg)

Oh noes what is this?? I can't look!

BioAlien
Thu, 09-13-2007, 09:32 PM

I wish I could buy that.. :(

Church
Thu, 09-13-2007, 11:54 PM
What song is that in the game trailer? Now I'm curious.

FSN stuff is all nice and dandy, but WHERE IS MY TSUKHIME 2!?!?!? RAWR :mad:

Kraco
Mon, 09-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Hmm... It looks like Mirror Moon was looking for an editor for the UBW route a few days ago and according to the news article, the would-be editor would need to be ready to stick around for months. So, it's safe to say we won't be seeing the UBW patch for months unless a miracle happens. Argh.

Well, can't be helped. Like some unknown fool once said, good is worth waiting for...

BioAlien
Mon, 09-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Hmm... It looks like Mirror Moon was looking for an editor for the UBW route a few days ago and according to the news article, the would-be editor would need to be ready to stick around for months. So, it's safe to say we won't be seeing the UBW patch for months unless a miracle happens. Argh.

Well, can't be helped. Like some unknown fool once said, good is worth waiting for...

:(

Well.. the Editor could be needed to stay for months, but not only for the UBW patch.. maybe for editing Heaven's feel patch too.

And apparently, they underestimated the number of people that might be interested, appliance closed already.

Kraco
Wed, 09-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Closed in more ways than one:

9/26 A lot has gone on in the past week regarding the project. After going over the editor applications and a lot of talking between the staffs, we have decided that asking for outside editors is not a way to go. I am very sorry for wasting everyone's effort and time to apply. I cannot apologize enough.

To update people on what we are doing, we have decided that we would have rigorous beta-testing after an initial light-editing phase. Heaven's Feel translation will be stalled since beta-testing management and editing will likely take up my time.

Who knows what that means in practice. I thought they sought a new editor because the old ones were too busy with RL. But I guess they intended to get a new one to simply speed it up. Now it seems they decided, though, that it wouldn't make a difference or would be otherwise undesirable. Yet the fact remains they estimated a need for an external editor would last for months. So, without the outside editor... More months?

Grief.

BioAlien
Wed, 09-26-2007, 02:14 PM
:o > :( > :mad:

Mirrormoon!! http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/images/smilies/emot-argh.gif

Why are they doing this to us! What have we ever done to them!
Who cares if he's an outsider, at least the work will be done faster!

What are they affraid of? That the guy will steal the script and make his own patch? (Or leak it before release?)

Kraco
Wed, 09-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Well, it's not like I'd have been accusing them of anything. I don't know their history, but if it's an old close-knit bunch of people I can very well understand they would want to keep it all in the family, so to speak. They might have originally thought about speeding things up with an outsider but then realised they are doing it just as a hobby and it's nicer to finish it by themselves.

BioAlien
Fri, 09-28-2007, 10:10 PM
20% editing completed..
So.. it took what? 1 month to do 10% to 20%? So let's see.. if it takes 1 month for each 10%.. it will take.. 8 more months!? :(

Kraco
Sat, 09-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Nah. It's not that simple. I think the editor made it to the 10% in unknown but not too long time and then couldn't anymore invest time into the project for a good while. Now it's already in 25%. All in all in stuff like this it's safe to say gathering the will and energy to do something may easily take more time than actually do it, depending on the circumstances.

So, it's impossible to predict how fast it will proceed. If the person(s) involved have lots of energy and eagerness, the editing might be finished in a month. If they get tired, they may take long breaks.

I have never translated games but I've been involved in game modding "business" otherwise for a long time and I kind of know what I'm talking about.

animus
Sat, 09-29-2007, 10:10 AM
How do they even calculate these percentages? They're not accurate, and they're just numbers that have no real backing. They could be lying, but it seems to me their choice of no outside editor is immensely stupid. Something just gives me the idea that they're just lazy or what not. Then again, it's free stuff, so I can't complain I guess.

BioAlien
Sat, 09-29-2007, 02:02 PM
How do they even calculate these percentages? They're not accurate, and they're just numbers that have no real backing. They could be lying, but it seems to me their choice of no outside editor is immensely stupid. Something just gives me the idea that they're just lazy or what not. Then again, it's free stuff, so I can't complain I guess.

Actually, it's more of an estimation than a accurate percentage.
For example, if the thing is 10 days long, and you have done 2 and started the third one, you pretty much did 25%~

Kraco
Fri, 10-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Like I said earlier, in stuff like this it's not hard mathematics that reveal the true state of affairs: UBW editing progress: 52% (yet 10.5 of 13 days finished). It's good to keep in mind it's rather the total length of the source than a number of days. The days might contain different amounts of text, after all.

It looks good so far. If things continue like this and they all have as much guts as the editor(s), it wouldn't be unreasonable to hope for a release in a month or so.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-05-2007, 05:57 AM
Its definitely the state of actual text edited. These games usually get more extensive in the later parts, especially since the climax and ending come at that point.

BioAlien
Fri, 10-05-2007, 01:06 PM
52% edited. :D

(Like I said in a previous post, If any of you don't have the visual novel yet, PM me for a download link for the ISO, about 1.8gb big)

gonzo
Tue, 10-09-2007, 11:27 PM
I just watched Ep 15. It was amazing. The Cliffhangers were so good, that I could hardly wait to Doube-Click on the the next file and keep watching. Both Ep 15 and 16 were fantastic. I am really looking forward to watching the rest of this series over the next couple weeks. I have only one worry, which is that they wont be able to keep the Ep's this amazing. ~gonzo

Kraco
Wed, 10-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Don't worry. It's a Type-Moon series we are talking about here. Excellent endings are their specialty. Well, that is assuming you can appreciate Type-Moon style endings. But you will see.

Kraco
Sun, 10-14-2007, 03:28 AM
Well, well. With editing pretty much finished the UBW route will be entering beta stages. If the beta testers are even half as energetic as the editors were of late, it shouldn't take that long anymore to get a release out.

10/11 Day 14 done except for the Hscene
10/11 Another update

10/13 Another update. You know what's left ^^
!! beta testers: please look on the report forum.

UBW editing progress: 97%

BioAlien
Sun, 10-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Oh god, please let it be out before the end of the month!

(not that I believe in god anyway.. but it's worth trying)

Harima Kenji
Sun, 10-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Maybe I'm stupid, but is this about a H game or something? I also see stuff about a novel.. what is it exactly?

Kraco
Sun, 10-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah. It's an H game. The game type is a visual novel, though.

Harima Kenji
Sun, 10-14-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm a bit confused now..I'm not into the H stuff, so is this game something for me? I just want to get to know more about the FSN world...
ps. what is a visual novel..what kind of game is that?

Yukimura
Sun, 10-14-2007, 04:23 PM
A visual novel (ビジュアルノベル, bijuaru noberu?) is an interactive fiction game featuring mostly static graphics, usually with anime-style art. As the name might suggest, they resemble mixed-media novels or tableau vivant stage plays. Visual novels are commonly called dating sims in the West, a misnomer as visual novels are classified as a sub-genre of adventure games and not simulation games. This has led to confusion with the other genre known as dating sims, which often shares a similar visual format with visual novels, but has gameplay based on statistics.

The gist I get is that they are essentially like an anime that the 'player' can influence the outcome of by making choices for the main character at different points. For example, imagine if you could control Shiro and made him romantically pursue Rin instead of Saber this would lead to a different outcome than if you had pursed Saber, but stuff that has nothing to do with your choices would still occur (Illya and Berserker would still attack, The Priest would still be doing what ever he was doing), but the way the situation is approached bythe main character would be different based on how you made him act.

BioAlien
Sun, 10-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm a bit confused now..I'm not into the H stuff, so is this game something for me? I just want to get to know more about the FSN world...
ps. what is a visual novel..what kind of game is that?

Here's the demo (And some information)
http://www.insani.org/fate.html
The demo is just the Prologue to the Saber's route. (And the others too)
It is when Rin summoned Archer and just before Shirou gets Saber.

Try it, there's is no H scene in the demo and it is really nice.

And the H-scenes are just pictures with musics on them and tons of text to read. It's not like an Anime Hentai or stuff like that, there's no "moaning", no voice, just music, pictures, and text. (And some "specials effect" depending on the scene)

If you want the whole game, tell me by MP.

Church
Sun, 10-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Well, Tsukihime >>> Fate Stay Night
Granted, the Tsukihime anime was terrible, but Arc is so much better than Saber.

That's right, I went there.
*Puts on flame retardant suit*

BioAlien
Mon, 10-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Well, Tsukihime >>> Fate Stay Night
Granted, the Tsukihime anime was terrible, but Arc is so much better than Saber.

That's right, I went there.
*Puts on flame retardant suit*
*Insert flame here* :mad:

Well, I can't really talk because I never seen the Anime Tsikihime, and I can't find the novel anywhere for download(and I don't want to pay for it) though I have no doubt it is good since it is a Type Moon series (A old one though..), so I will just ask you to leave this thread to never return unless you have something other than flame to say about the Fate/ universe.

Edit:

10/14: UBW editing complete!
Only proofing and installer testing is left!
Proofing will go at the pace of the testers, so I'm gonna go play Konnyaku while I wait ^^

10/15: Wow, this is more work/tedious than I thought...
10/15: I am so burned out... Day 3 alone took me 5 hours to complete...

The editing is done and they are testing, day 3 is done already, almost doooone ! :dance:

Kraco
Mon, 11-05-2007, 05:05 AM
It's hard to judge the general progress without remembering how long the individual days were, and thus it's too bad the testers aren't summing it up with a total percentage progress indicator like the editors were. But nevertheless right now the testing seems to have cleared days 3-7. So, it's 5/12 right now (42% unweighted). The last days might have been a tad long, though, if memory serves, but let's remain hopeful.

BioAlien
Mon, 11-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Only 2 days + Epilogue left.

11/12 Update. The last few days are freaking long, though!

Can only hope that it will be done by the end of the month..

BioAlien
Sat, 11-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Any of you seen this?
http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_uc/

I was wondering if it was really related to the Fate universe, and it is! The type moon logo is there, even the Fate/Tiger logo is there.
Wonder what this game will be about, maybe a fighting game? That would be awesome.

dsh1202
Sat, 11-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Any of you seen this?
http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_uc/

I was wondering if it was really related to the Fate universe, and it is! The type moon logo is there, even the Fate/Tiger logo is there.
Wonder what this game will be about, maybe a fighting game? That would be awesome.

Deffinatly looks like it has something to do with the Fate universe, i wonder what it could be? looks awesome though cant wait to see what the site looks like when its opened.

Kraco
Sun, 12-02-2007, 06:00 AM
12/01: The testers are mostly done with their part, and the biggest work right now is on Message, who is currently building the installer.

You could say things are looking good when the installer is already being built!

The percentages haven't moved for a while, though, but perhaps they just forgot to update them or just one of the testers hasn't finished, or something.

Kraco
Fri, 01-04-2008, 11:10 AM
The bringers of good news are less frequently shot on sight, so here's some hope delivered:

1/3: All proofing is finished. All that remains is the installer. I shall go translate more of HF in that time...

BioAlien
Sat, 01-05-2008, 02:02 AM
They have been on the Utawarerumono installer since the end of November 2007 or so.. and it's not even done.
So how long until this one is completed?

(Does it really take a lot of time just to make a installer?)

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Fate/Stay Night Fighting Game by Capcom

http://the-magicbox.com/0802/game080218b.shtml

Buffalobiian
Wed, 02-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Platform: System 246 Arcade

I guess that means no PC or console release.....there aren't many arcades around anymore.

Idealistic
Wed, 02-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I saw some vids for the game. Maybe this game will give birth to some anime spin offs or something? That is if this game isn't following the story of previouss Fate stories.

I wish it was releasing for consoles though... Preferably PS3 since you don't need to mod a PS3 to play import games if it doesn't come out in the US.

BioAlien
Wed, 02-20-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm quite sure there's still many arcades in Japan though.. (Even though in recent news the Wii is apparently killing them)

In-game fighting video:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30715.html

That left arm of Shirou.. Isn't that Archer's? (From the Heaven's Feel path,at least, that's what I read somewhere since Mirrormoon didn't finish translating the game yet)
So why does Archer have both of his arms?

Kraco
Wed, 02-20-2008, 07:51 AM
The masters are fighting the servants? Well, that's a fair fight for sure...

KrayZ33
Wed, 02-20-2008, 11:45 AM
jesus, gilgamesh > all <3 him

UBW looks a bit boring, but saber seems to have some good moves (at least good looking with the camera moving around and so on)

and lancer and assassin are cool too

geeee now i want to play some fighting games again, any suggestions?

Ryllharu
Wed, 02-20-2008, 04:30 PM
geeee now i want to play some fighting games again, any suggestions?
Gotwoot has an active thread for that:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=15709

The game looks nice. I see no issue with the Masters mixed in with the Servants. All of them are powerful mages in their own right.

Dark Sakura for the win. Her fighting style reminds me a lot of Vermilion Akiha (my favorite Melty Blood character).

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Well since it is a fighting game, the ability gaps shouldnt matter, but in the actual canon story, mages are no match for the guardians, even the strongest vs the weakest one respectively.

Board of Command
Thu, 02-21-2008, 02:51 AM
100+ combo? I think that's a tad overkill.

KrayZ33
Thu, 02-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Well since it is a fighting game, the ability gaps shouldnt matter, but in the actual canon story, mages are no match for the guardians, even the strongest vs the weakest one respectively.

thats only the case if the servant has strong magic resistance (the 3 knight-classes do have that especially Saber)

berserker for example has no spell resistance at all.

and if you compare abilities, then berserker is the strongest of all servants
A+ in every category (strength, agility etc.) while saber has a B or C note sometimes and not a single A+ (i don't know if it is because of shirou though)

but Rin and Shirou seemed pretty weak in the game anyways, they are probably the very first characters you have in the game and use them to release other characters

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Its not just about spell resistance. It is fact. They even say so explicitly in the fate route. Servants are heroes, famous incredibly powerful ones with legendary weapons. The masters are, well, not.

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Sure, I have not played the game, but we all know by now what happens to Shirou.

What really are the Servants, but heroes with tools that make them legendary? Either their weapons, or their Noble Phantasms make them as strong as they are. Saber without Excaliber is certainly not the all-powerful warrior that Rin once implied she was (at the beginning of the anime, don't know which route that statement was in). We see this in the Fate arc that the anime tried best to follow. Gilgamesh without his countless weapons is no match for any of the other armed Servants, and maybe even some of the Masters. Lancer is even more worthless without his spear, we all know that.

Caster is at the same level as any of the Masters without her Rulebreaker. Conversely, Rin is exceptionally powerful when wielding that sword that only appears in Heaven's Feel. Also referencing Heaven's Feel, we should have a good idea what she (and you know who I mean) is capable of when things get a little out of hand.

So despite it being said explicitly in one arc of the gam, I'm going to have to call bullshit upon that.

So little separates "heroes" from everyone else. Accomplishments, and maybe the legends that go along with those.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Thats the point. Masters are not as powerful as servants because servants are summoned at the peak of their strength (unless some other factor comes in, like in Shirou and Saber's case). So even if the masters do become servants eventually, they are much stronger than they were when they were masters. Either way, the fact that servants have noble phantasms (whatever they may be) and masters do not give servants a decisive advantage. There is also the fact that using the command symbol gives them incredible power for a period of time. That is what separates heroes from masters in the canon story at least.

I haven't played heaven's feel, nor have I read anything about it, so Im not sure how powerful the two you mentioned are. Im just speaking from the fate arc, and we all know how different the arcs and comparative strengths from them can get.

Kraco
Wed, 03-05-2008, 06:17 AM
3/4: Wow, another long time in between updates. Well, the UBW installer is still in testing.
Heaven's Feel translation is at 50%.

I haven't made that many installers during my time but I'm starting to get a feeling they intend to just wait for the HF and release a full packet. I mean, can building an installer really be a harder process than the translation itself?

KrayZ33
Thu, 03-06-2008, 09:41 AM
man i just rewatched the trailer...this looks so good.

i would move to japan only to play that game :P
i hope they'll release a PS3 version sometime ( has the PS3 in japan the same codes? i remember that i read something about that you can't play PS games from japan on a german/us PS)

*starts fatal/fake now*

btw i don't play fighting games often since i don't own a console and only rent it sometimes, but i think they did a great job with the finishing moves.. i haven't played fighting games which came out recently but the old ones do not have such great moves :(

BioAlien
Thu, 03-06-2008, 10:22 PM
I haven't made that many installers during my time but I'm starting to get a feeling they intend to just wait for the HF and release a full packet.

I'm thinking the same thing now..

BioAlien
Tue, 03-11-2008, 09:52 AM
There's a leak of the UBW patch out. And now Takajun(main translator) is angry.. I just hope it won't affect the HF translation.. and hopefully, speed up the release of the UBW installer.

I personally downloaded that leak.. but I won't use it. I will just keep it in a folder so that if anything happen within MM, I will still be able to read the UBW path. (Even though it's a leak from early beta.. the translation is basically shit that even Takajun is probably ashamed of. And there seems to be a bug during a conversation with Thosaka on the school rooftop. (game close itself))

If you want it, look on /jp/. (4chan)

Xrlderek
Tue, 03-11-2008, 11:51 AM
The translation isn't that bad. I've noticed some awkward sentences and some other mistakes along the way, but it isn't shit, and there seems to be quite few spelling errors(considering how much text it is). Of course, the polished translation will be better, but.. I can't/couldn't wait.

BioAlien
Tue, 03-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah.. but in the mean time, we may never see HF translated.

TakaJun' rant from the fate/stay night page, it got deleted though.. found it on Beast Lair.

3/10:
Well, I'm sure some people already know what happened...

*100% Ranting ahead, so you can stop reading here if you want.

Just so people know, my translation in it is unedited and very unpolished. I'm ashamed that it's seeing public eyes...

Anyway, I can't say I didn't see this possibility with all the rage pent up over the past MANY months. I myself got mad at Message many times about the whole installer deal.
I'm angry at myself for letting this get this far and letting people talk me into waiting for Message's installer. I'm angry at the person who did it. I'm angry at Message for taking this long. In short, a lot of anger and disappointment.

Well, I really don't care who did it, it's just a waste of my time. I just wish he/she would've came talked to me beforehand about all his anger for the delay.

Moving ahead. Well, I really have no idea right now. Quitting over something like this is just stupid, but then again, I've lost my motivation for now.
If some group thinks I'm going to take too long or quit and wants to start a new translation for HF, go ahead.
Please don't take this as a sign of me quitting. There's too many good games out there that needs translation. I'm sure I'm just depressed...
Okay, now I'm really ranting. I'm going to go sleep now.
*This is my opinion, and has nothing to do with the rest of the staff, so all critique can go to me.
-TakaJun

I can understand that we all have been waiting for months for the UBW patch (Due to Message doing who knowns what with the installer..), but doing something like this.. If the one who leaked the patch didn't see that one coming, he's a fucking idiot.

Kraco
Tue, 03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I'll just keep waiting. There is the slight hope it could speed things up. And I would rather play the awesome game with top-notch translation and editing, not a leaked beta. Maybe the Mirror Moon folks will think it's better to get the product out soon so that people won't begin to think the leaked beta is the real thing and thus their image would diminish.

Yeah.. but in the mean time, we may never see HF translated.

I don't really believe it could endanger the HF. The dude just needs to drink a few beers and cool down for a while, and then, before you know it, he's back to translating stuff. For that's what he does and that's what gives him his extra kicks. Leaked beta and such are just a part of the bigger picture, as regrettable as they are.

BioAlien
Tue, 03-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I hope you're right. Because if he lose his motivation, we're screwed and then we can only hope someone else will take over his work.

At worst he may even do something like,
http://visual-novels.net/vn/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=522&Itemid=2

Kraco
Tue, 03-11-2008, 02:03 PM
At worst he may even do something like,
http://visual-novels.net/vn/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=522&Itemid=2

That must be pretty exceptional and rare. I've been in the modding scene of a particular game for a long time and released single player projects that took a long time and lots of effort to build, and contained stuff like voice acting, models and other components by third parties. I've come to know a lot of other people, modders and mappers, some of which later even got hired by game companies, and one thing we all share(d) is that the more people download and enjoy your stuff, the better (thousands of people have played my maps so I know what I'm talking about).

One reason why you do any game modding (including translations of foreign games, I dare say) is that you like doing it, that is, it's a hobby, but another thing is the feeling of achievement you get when lots of people download your stuff, enjoy it and at best cases even give positive feedback. Among the throng of modders I got to know, there never existed a single person who wouldn't have liked as many people as possible to check out his products.

So, I'm gonna call that an exception.

KrayZ33
Tue, 03-11-2008, 05:41 PM
oh man, i hope this won't happen, i stopped reading the saber route because i know it will end in a few chapter and i don't want to stare at the screen knowing that the UBW and HF route will never-ever be translated.

i have to cheer myself up after finishing the saber route (because i know its freaking sad :(), thats why i m waiting for the UBW route to come out...

noooooohohohooo

well but i have to make preparations, is there a direct link to the leaked patch? i can't find it on 4chan (i didn't know that they even talk about this stuff there)

because if something really bad happens, i want at least the crappy version (its better than nothing)

well and there i hoped he would start translating fate/hollow after that :(

BioAlien
Wed, 03-12-2008, 08:33 AM
I can give you the leaked patch, the bug free one, since there's another one that freeze at day 7.
With a partial walkthrough I made(Start a day 3) by reading the novel and looking at a Japanese walkthrough located here:
http://www.interq.or.jp/hot/mu-mu/Fate.htm
Decrypting Japanese to relate to the choice in game is a bit hard sometime..

The patch itself is rather small(3.1mo) and only consist of "patch2.xp3", backup the one you already have in your fate folder(Like add a _ at the end, to make it into "patch2_.xp3" and then put the patch in it)
This will translate the UBW path.

(I'm ashamed of myself to have actually started reading it when I said I wouldn't.. the temptation was too great)

Use one of the following for the leak...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h8rwto
http://www.MegaShare.com/374250
http://rapidshare.com/files/98967392/UBW_patch.zip.html

I hate myself for this...

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-12-2008, 09:36 AM
ty, i got it from derek alrdy though (PM)

well i hope i m "stronger" than you and won't start reading it because i know i'll hate myself if i do and i ll be unsatisfied because my mind will always tell me "you are playing the unfinished version, you are playing the unfinished version, stop spoiling stop spoiling"

its like reading the manga in japanese and watch the anime then, NO FUN AT ALL!

waaaa good god help meee

BioAlien
Wed, 03-12-2008, 12:21 PM
ty, i got it from derek alrdy though (PM)

well i hope i m "stronger" than you and won't start reading it because i know i'll hate myself if i do and i ll be unsatisfied because my mind will always tell me "you are playing the unfinished version, you are playing the unfinished version, stop spoiling stop spoiling"

its like reading the manga in japanese and watch the anime then, NO FUN AT ALL!

I can only wish you luck.. Don't fall into the pit of temptation like I did..

(But if you do fail.. I hope the version you got is the bug free one.. Because day 7 on the rooftop with tohsaka freeze up the game, the version I gave in my previous post fix that)

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-12-2008, 12:29 PM
i got both(the version that leaked and the fixed one) and i even download yours too, just to be sure :)

man the game is so much better than the anime... yet i must wait.... don't do it krayzee, dont do it! comeone you can do it man RESIST

btw, i finally understood what happened to Saber and why she did destroy the grail... in my opinion the anime lacks explanations and i finally understand that saber is really "dead"... i always thought that she would come back in the next holy grail war but since she broke the contract with "the world" she won't

this is so sad :( i think her whole story is very sad.. the moment she realizes that the things she wished for were all wrong and that the holy grail is nothing more than a cruel weapon > all, to be honest it made me cry(for real) and so did the weak epilogue

i think shirou wasn't sad enough, he lost his love and he doesn't even cry and lives on.. even though he says all this "romatic" stuff about her living in his heart and so on, i have to admit, that i m on the same side as rin (she doesn't understand it (n)either)

the scene with her knight Sir Bedivere was very good... but it was fine in the anime too..

*starts to remember the scene and feels like crying now*

BioAlien
Wed, 03-12-2008, 01:21 PM
btw, i finally understood what happened to Saber and why she did destroy the grail... in my opinion the anime lacks explanations and i finally understand that saber is really "dead"... i always thought that she would come back in the next holy grail war but since she broke the contract with "the world" she won't
I don't think there will be another Grail War anyway.. At least, according to some spoiler related to HF.. I may be wrong though.. And I don't feel like actually going about looking for it.

And there's the Last Episode from Realta Nua that adds to the end of the Fate Path.
http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=walk&action=display&thread=1186631286
Though I personally don't understand a single thing about what the hell is going on.. It may be because I read it in a hurry and didn't gave it much care..

Xrlderek
Wed, 03-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Another error at day 15 or so.. not sure if it's just on my computer though. Ctrl forwarding through it worked though.

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't think there will be another Grail War anyway.. At least, according to some spoiler related to HF.. I may be wrong though.. And I don't feel like actually going about looking for it.

hmm i m not sure, it's a bit weird anyways as far as i know the "einzberns" provide the vessel (in this war it was illiya)

so as long as they want a war there will be a war..

but didn't kirei say something like "this is the 726th vessel called "the holy grail" and the "fifth grail war"

so i thought he was talking about that this is the fifth holy grail war in fuyuki-city (or whatever its called) but there were alrdy 725 other wars, somewhere else.

the vessel in fuyuki city is destroyed but there will be other wars (however without saber now since she isn't bound to the contract anymore, yet she could still be a heroic spirit after all since she is so famous.

And there's the Last Episode from Realta Nua that adds to the end of the Fate Path.
http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index...d=1186631 286
Though I personally don't understand a single thing about what the hell is going on.. It may be because I read it in a hurry and didn't gave it much care..

i don't understand this at all, which makes me kinda angry... wtf are they talking about there? ^^ i can see that saber and shirou are together, but why? saber died in fate...i don't understand this *argh*

oh man, this text in a class test -> i would fail hard...

i guess i have to read it very carefully when i got some more time.. because i want to know what happened that they are able to be together

well with the help of youtube i found out what is ment.

the ending is really totally different, the scene with bedivere doesn't exist in the ps2 verison..(edit: ok thats not true, that ending we are talking about is a "special ending" which you have to unlock somehow i think

saber waits for shirou in her afterlife (probably avalon)... she wants to hear shirous voice again etc etc. merlin talks about that this is actually impossible, unless 2 miracles occure.. "One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly."

well saber was waiting for shirou on that field the whole time and shirou did never forget about saber and wanted to see her till the end... shirou dies ("He is no longer the him he was before. Body and soul, both were tortured by her melancholy." there are more sentences which tell you that, for example where he complains about his shoulders and when he is exhausted etc.)

the end tells me that their story starts again.. so it is for them as if thing, which happened after the holy grail war, never existed

"i m back saber"
"welcome back shirou"

so basically shirou and saber are together in their afterlives
they say its a happy ending but to me there is no difference, it is still fucking sad that they weren't able to live together and had to go through all this hardship

it was more easy to figure it out than i though, i just had to read it a bit more carefully

well on the other one cant be sure if shirou is dead or something, it could be that their souls just met in this place..but i cant explain the last part then (with stuff like "the story begins" bleh bleh)

btw to bad that the PC version does not have any VA like the realta nua... this would be fucking AWESOME... i just heard gilgamesh laugh like a maniac on youtube... its simply the best man

btw the game doesn exist in english am i right? (i mean realta nua)

btw bioalien... i just started my game to look into the weapon/status menu etc. and i wanted to know: How do i get these "tiger stamps" or something like that... its beneath the ED-List...

any ideas? don't tell me i have to "lose" on purpose and do these tiger-dojo stuff (because i hate it and tried not to fail by thinking everything through before making a decision in the game lol)

BioAlien
Wed, 03-12-2008, 08:06 PM
any ideas? don't tell me i have to "lose" on purpose and do these tiger-dojo stuff (because i hate it and tried not to fail by thinking everything through before making a decision in the game lol)

Well.. that's exactly it..

I'm almost done with the Unlimited Blade Works GoodEnd (sunny day), only 3 more choice to make... I would never have expected thing to turn out like this so far..

KrayZ33
Thu, 03-13-2008, 02:53 AM
what are these tiger stamps anyway? pictures? stories? and what happens once i have all of them?

btw i think UBW isn't that great (at least from the things i heard so far, i didn't play it yet :P)

i like the fate scenario most because its the most sorrowfull, HF seems to be cool to because of dark saber... she looks somehow awesome in her corrupted armor.

BioAlien
Thu, 03-13-2008, 05:06 AM
So far I think the UBW path is great.. You just have to play it, it doesn't compare to the crap we hear about it. I would have cried if the Ilia interlude lasted a bit longer.. Before I only disliked Gilgamesh.. but now I fucking hate him.. And Shinji too! Why don't he just fucking drop dead already!

As for the tiger's stamp.. I got no idea why you have to collect them and if they give anything special, but I do know you need them if you want to complete the game 100%.

KrayZ33
Thu, 03-13-2008, 07:12 AM
how dare you to speak bad of gilgamesh, he's by far the coolest servant in fate/ubw (in hf it is hassan)

he wasn't as evil in the legend as he is in fate/stay night... the reason for his madness is that he became a heroic spirit after his best friend died... he became mad while seeking immortality...

i think the gate of babylon is the coolsten NP in fate/stay night.. yes it's true, he's cruel and a really tough badass, but unlike shinji HE OWNS... shinji however is another story, i hate him too because he is a fucking coward and also because of what he did with sakura (:() well on the other side, i hate sakura too because she is annoying. she's tooooo nice around shirou it makes me sick, it seems so fake..well maybe the reason for that is the anime, since i hate it when a character has a very high-pinched voice which is supposed be "calm and comforting" or "kawaii" in the eyes (ears) of japanese people.

but i agree with one thing though, i won't forgive gilgamesh for what he wants/wanted to do with saber :P
when he died and recognized that he can't have saber, he was so kind and nice.. he still had his attitude, but he appeared like another person.. actually a pretty cool way to die for a pretty cool person. ^^

in fatal/fake Gilgamesh is my favorite, not because its so easy to win with him, but because i like his finishing moves (the one with the chains is damn awesome, i liked that a lot in the Ultimate Code video too i can't wait for crucius fatal fake 2 when the characters get their own VA... i think i ll even buy it, i want to hear his maniac laugh once more... when i saw the Realta Nua video on youtube and heard his voice i was about to go crazy, because i wanted to have that game so much)

btw is UBW this heart breaking, i always thought fate is the most sorrowful scenario (which is why i like it most) ? if UBW is really this good then...oh man....i don't want to see myself when i m about to play the HF scenario when shirou fights against saber :/ i wonder what they say to each other when it's time to say goodbye there.. i want to know what shirou thinks of saber in HF *ARGH MIRRORMOON HURRY UP ALREADY*^^

let me see dark saber in her "beautiful" armor

ah and: could it be that the VA of shirou's father is the same one who speaks for Yamato in naruto?

BioAlien
Thu, 03-13-2008, 09:14 AM
but i agree with one thing though, i won't forgive gilgamesh for what he wants/wanted to do with saber :P
when he died and recognized that he can't have saber, he was so kind and nice.. he still had his attitude, but he appeared like another person.. actually a pretty cool way to die for a pretty cool person. ^^

Screw Saber! I won't forgive him for what he did to our loli(Ilia)! He killed her in cold blood. Slashed her eyes so she became blind, pierced her lung and then took her heart out while she was still alive! :mad:

Oh and, supposedly, the real patch should come out next week or something like that. That's what one of the MM staff said in a Announcement on the MM forum.

I have a better opinion of Lancer now too.. He really is a good guy..

KrayZ33
Thu, 03-13-2008, 10:19 AM
well wasn't he always a good guy?

he enjoys fighting thats all... he is one of the 3"knight class" servants (archer,saber,lancer)
so he has to be at least chaotic good...

in the status screen, gilgamesh is chaotic-good too if i remember....

the funny thing is, that lancer seems to be underestimated...his fighting skills are even better than sabers in my opinion and the game proved that to me when he fought saber who couldn't get near him since he was so good with his lance

do you know the game age of empires? in that game swordsman are used to kill pikemen, now after playing the game i think in reallity it was actually the other way around.. the lance is probably the strongest weapon in melee combat if there is enough space

then i watched this american show, where they tested weapons used like 400 years ago (katana, swords, chinese sowrds, lance, shurikken etc) and it seems like i was right the only disadvantage a lance has is that it sucks in close combat (for exampl small rooms)

but i wonder why Rin wanted to get away from the roof, actually lancer has a disadvantage there..

well to sum this up, lancer is/was awesome all the time.. the prolouge shows that and so does his legend.. i never heard of this man before but he is quiet famous i wonder if there is a museum in irleand or somewhere who has something to tell about him (books, texts etc.)

Yukimura
Thu, 03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Is there any useful information about time tables or patch releases in the last 5-10 posts that's not just going to spoil UBW more for me?

Xrlderek
Thu, 03-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah, but there is a couple of spoilers back there..
long story short, an internal leak of UBW is out, a beta patch. It has spelling errors and awkward sentences, more than noticeable. Still good quality though. Mirror moon has said that the official patch will hopefully be released during next week.

KrayZ33
Thu, 03-13-2008, 03:12 PM
if this is true and the MM version is far better than the leak then its funny... i think bioalien will rip is head off for not waiting another week :P

BioAlien
Thu, 03-13-2008, 05:37 PM
if this is true and the MM version is far better than the leak then its funny... i think bioalien will rip is head off for not waiting another week :P
Not really no, even with the awkward sentence and many spelling mistake here and there, the read quality is still better than most of the visual novel ported to the English language that I have readed. (Not fanmade, but the ones translated by company such as Peach Princess /Hirameki/etc..)

Anyway, I just finished the Good End, so I will start the True End now. After that I will try to collect the Tiger Stamp from UBW.. maybe try to get the rest of the CG too..
But man.. Even if they tells me that Heaven's feel is now available.. I got no fucking idea how to reach it as they don't even give any indication..

Xrlderek
Fri, 03-14-2008, 02:04 AM
You reach HF by choosing options favoring Sakura in the start.
I got the true end first, will finish the good end tonight.

BioAlien
Fri, 03-14-2008, 05:49 AM
Is that so?
Hmm.. Ok, that's good to know for when the HF patch is released in 2012. :rolleyes:

Well, time to start True End.

Edit1: And I'm done.. There was not much difference between the two path, mainly only the Epilogue that was different, the rest was the same minus 3 or 4 scenes that last less then 5 minutes before being able to skip again.

Now to wait for the real patch and reread the whole thing starting with the Fate path.

Edit2: I laughed so hard that I almost cried at the Tiger Dojo 16. Taiga is such a funny character.

KrayZ33
Fri, 03-14-2008, 10:40 AM
hu? why would you re-read the fate patch? is there something wrong with it? (except some misspellings etc?)

to the routes:

the first decisions:

favoring saber -> fate
favoring rin -> UBW
favoring Sakura -> heavens feel

the funny thing is if you start to favor rin after starting the fate route, you'll always get into a bad or dead end.

however if you favor saber after the UBW route is started you'll get to the good end (if i remember correctly)

saber is really doing her job in the fate route (dictator/king)... she even beats the shit out of you if you disobey her (see dojo scenes etc)

btw i think saber is the funniest character in FSN... she always reminds me of seargant sagara sousuke from FMP... i think they would be a great couple, they always think about fighting and wars^^ --- tooo bad that shirou isn't as skilled as sousuke :(

and i wonder how fast you people are with reading through the whole UBW-route...

how old is this patch? 2 weeks? it took me like ~35 hours of pure reading to get through fate (+ status/weapons and watching the intro multiple times but still...) you guys must be unable to stop reading once you start, am i right?

ah, and the difference between true or good end isn't much that is true, however the more unimportant decisions (which do not rise your reputation with saber or rin) are different...

do you have the flowchart that was with the updated version which was released ~2 days (?) ago?

http://rapidshare.com/files/99146751/UBW_updated.rar

it also removed the engrish from day 3-10... i don't know if it is the same version which patched day 7 though ....i mean i don't now if they are exactly the same, (the one you gave me)... this version also has the hotfix in it

well back to the point, it seems like you'll only be able to see some scenes if you have the right reputition with either saber or rin... probably even after playing it 2 times, you havn't seen everything yet..

some decisions gives you +1 rep. to rin or +1 to saber and if you have like 4 rep. with saber you'll get to choose another scene which you wouldn't see if you only have like 3 rep with saber and so on.

BioAlien
Sun, 03-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Fate/stay night English v2.0 released!!

http://mirrormoon.org/node/243

Man, if only I had realta nua.. I want voice over too..
I found a torrent link for it~ ... Though there's only 1 seed and the ETA is 2 years, 74 days and 3 hours.. Oh well, I will have it before HF is done at least. :rolleyes: Better just go and buy it.

Oh and it seems the installer is reinstalling the whole friggen game.. So if you already have it installed, remove it, keep your saved game, and install the game with the installer.
It almost took 1 year (minus 2 months) for this release to come out.. It's sad.. but at least I have something to look forward to in 2009.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-16-2008, 08:35 AM
i m about to buy it...

hmmmm

BioAlien
Sun, 03-16-2008, 08:40 AM
At least compared to Fate on PC, realta nua only cost $44.99, though with shipping that $6.00 to $17.00 more depending where you live, and if you take insurance or not.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-16-2008, 09:07 AM
hmmm i found a torrent too... however i only have to wait like 3 days for it. (currently downloading with 25kb-40kb so it will take like 21h or 1d16h)

which one do you use? i got mine from isohunt

well i won't be able to install it anyways on my own... or maybe the speed will drop sooner or later when i get to ~60% or so. it gets up and down... sometimes i only have 10kb..

and 60$ isn't much at the moment because the $ is weak... it will cost me like 40 euros, a computer game does cost more than that.

BioAlien
Sun, 03-16-2008, 09:11 AM
I found another one on gamestorrents.com/eng/

This one has 5 seed and the download speed is 100kb and higher/s.
But I don't like it.. I don't like torrents with tons of different parts, I never have luck with those, there's alway at least 1 part that can't be extracted from..

You could alway wait like 2 weeks, the time some anons decide to upload Realta Nua on popular bittorrent trackers.. since voice patch is available now.

Kraco
Sun, 03-16-2008, 09:22 AM
At last! It has been a while since I played the Saber route.

Fortunately I kept practicing in the mean time with some random nameless games so my Enter pressing finger is functioning as good as ever.

Oh and it seems the installer is reinstalling the whole friggen game.. So if you already have it installed, remove it, keep your saved game, and install the game with the installer.

Hmm... Thanks for the info.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-16-2008, 09:29 AM
hmmm HMMM what should i dooooo, order it and wait for it? or should i start reading it now

and btw, it doesn't reinstall everything.... i just clicked "next next next etc." and it asked me "install english patch" "install realta nua voice"

since i don't have RN i just installed the english patch and left out the RN part and clicked next

it started to extract files which took like ~10 seconds and ~61 MB... that was all..

it found everything on its own, i didn't have to find the folder in which i saved the game, everything went automatically.

BTW it added the flowchart for FATE *AND* UBW route... nice nice^^

it even tells you how to get to HF (unlike UBW its starts in the END of day3 and not in the beginning or middle like UBW does)

hmmm i think i'll order it because i'm in the hospital anyways for the next 3 days.. and maybe, when i m home the game waits for me to be installed
hm hm HMMM i can't decide HALP

BioAlien
Sun, 03-16-2008, 09:33 AM
The flowchart is a nice adition indeed.
As for the installer.. I had to put the DVD in my disktray for it to install, I tried to install over the already existing installation, but it didn't work.. Maybe because the file name was Fate/stay night.. and windows doesn't like " / " in files name.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-16-2008, 09:50 AM
hmmm so was mine...

fate/stay night-gaame <-- typo ^^

well it worked.. at least i hope so, as i said i didn't try it out yet... but for the progress nothing seemed wrong, it even copied my save game files once..

BioAlien
Sun, 03-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Is it just me or did the savegame path changed?
It's no longer in My Documents, but in the game folder.. I thought for a minutes I had lost my whole save because of that..

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-16-2008, 10:11 AM
same here

BioAlien
Sun, 03-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Well, I managed to get Realta Nua.. but the estimated remaining time for the voice patch is 2.4 hours.. What the hell?

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-16-2008, 01:09 PM
uhm?

where did you get RN and do you mean the install progress does take 2,4 hours?

btw whats the difference between the standard edition and the special edition?

edit: ah i c i get a puppet version of saber...

GOD DAMN NEED lulz (just kidding i won't pay 15 euros for this shit ^^)

BioAlien
Sun, 03-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Well, in one of my previous post I said where I got it.

I found another one on gamestorrents.com/eng/

And during the installation of the patch, the voice installation from the Realta Nua dvd is taking 2.4 hours.. I don't know if it's just my computer that is shit, but right now I am only just at 54%.. I hope I won't have to repeat the process when HF patch comes out.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-16-2008, 01:33 PM
its worth it anyways ^^ even IF it takes 3 hours or half a day... i wouldn't mind

you have to make sacrefices for such a great thing :)

btw thx, i overread the torrent part ^^

lol @ 47 parts (or something around that amount)

ah btw maybe i have to PM you some time later during the week (install etc.) because you probably know alrdy i suck with comps (i m more the *gaming only* type)

BioAlien
Sun, 03-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Hmm.. to install? All you have to do is launch the patch, select the drive your Fate CD/DVD is in, the drive the realta nua dvd is in, press next, and voila.
You won't even need applocal at all.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-16-2008, 02:07 PM
i c i have to burn it on DVD? or can i use daemon tools?

i m downloading it too btw
the torrent from gametorrents is pretty fast.

BioAlien
Sun, 03-16-2008, 02:45 PM
And it's done!

There's voices! Voices!!!!
Hmm, we can also change the volume of the voices, not bad MM, not bad at all.

NOOOOOO... voices don't cover HF ... gonna have to reinstall everything again when HF is out!. :(

The graphical glitch in the status seems to be fixed now.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-16-2008, 03:22 PM
gj

if i ever get to run it with voices, i think i ll replay the saber route

DAMN please let it work for me too ^^

*prays to god*

oh man, the torrent is borken! i hope its just temporary :(

IFHTT
Tue, 03-18-2008, 10:37 AM
IFHTT sets mode: +v Gotwoot

or for those less IRC savvy, or those that don't get the pun

TT presents gotwoot with F/SN voices :D

EDIT: files were TOS'd... links removed :(

BioAlien
Tue, 03-18-2008, 12:11 PM
That's basically the file called "patch6.xp3", isn't it?

Better just get the realta nua dvd instead, since you will need to repatch the voice when HF comes out since this one only cover Fate and UBW.

IFHTT
Tue, 03-18-2008, 12:20 PM
That's basically the file called "patch6.xp3", isn't it?

Better just get the realta nua dvd instead, since you will need to repatch the voice when HF comes out since this one only cover Fate and UBW.
Honestly, I'm not sure whats in that rar as I didn't download it, I grabbed the Realta Nua ps2dvd, but figured since I found the MU links, I'd share...

EDIT: I suppose it doesn't matter now, the files were removed.... links removed

EDIT2: Holy shit, ripping these voices takes a while!

Xrlderek
Wed, 03-19-2008, 05:39 AM
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1253636
Torrent with the voice xp3 files.

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-19-2008, 07:41 AM
nice @ xrlderek... would you like to explain how to install these? or is it explained in the readme (which is also included in the torrent)

btw iFHTT

what does your signature say? "minami-wind- ?"

IFHTT
Wed, 03-19-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm pretty sure you just place the two xp3 files in the F/SN install directory.

And as for my sig, it's supposed to be a pun of sorts, while the text is meant to read minamikaze kurukuru or southern wind swirling... Then again I fail at japanese, so it's probably erroneous in some way or another...

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
so its the same as it was with the leaked version?

thats good, well i ll make a backup just to be sure.

edit:
ok that was pretty easy..

GOD damn thx! i love this! thx so much.. <3 gilgamesh and assassin

i wonder what i ll have to do when HF comes out..i hope anonymous does the same thing then :P

KrayZ33
Fri, 04-04-2008, 10:12 AM
yo it's me again... i've got a question

i m currently playing FSN with voices but i get some errors sometines in the bottem right of the screen... for exampe it says something like "voice RIN124135/2411 not found" (at the same place where "status and weapons upgraded" stands on the screen) or something... it doesn't happen often but it does sometimes.. currently i m @ the point where shirou fights @ day 15 and archer is channeling his UBW... "i m the bone of my sword" and so on...

when he did it before the text was also covered with voices (against caster) but now it gives me that message, so i wondered if its just me or does everyone gets this message? its not like i want this "sound" so badly but it gets on my nerves because i m not sure why it gives me that message..

Xrlderek
Fri, 04-04-2008, 10:29 AM
http://forums.mirrormoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=1417&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Seems like those voices aren't in Realta Nua either.. if you're at the same scene as the two other people in that thread that reported problems that is.

KrayZ33
Fri, 04-04-2008, 11:01 AM
yap its exactly that part... funny though that it says sounds files are missing if they arn't included in RN lol...

thx for the quick answer

btw xrlderek you must be something like a forum-guardian..maybe a servant?
you don't post often but as soon as i post in the fate/stay night thread you appear and help me

did you make a contract with gotwoot? whats your noble phantasm ^^?

-----

damn archers madness is awesome.. UBW is so much more brutal than the fate route... <3 that part with gilgamesh and berserker.
this was so sad :(

Kraco
Fri, 04-04-2008, 12:45 PM
damn archers madness is awesome.. UBW is so much more brutal than the fate route... <3 that part with gilgamesh and berserker.
this was so sad :(

Very true indeed. That particular scene had darkness unlike anything in the Fate route. And altogether the UBW route is really trudging lightless alleys a lot more. It sometimes felt like it was from one cruel event to the next with hardly any respite in between.

But I loved every moment of it. Rin certainly didn't let me down.

Xrlderek
Fri, 04-04-2008, 01:35 PM
yap its exactly that part... funny though that it says sounds files are missing if they arn't included in RN lol...

thx for the quick answer

btw xrlderek you must be something like a forum-guardian..maybe a servant?
you don't post often but as soon as i post in the fate/stay night thread you appear and help me

did you make a contract with gotwoot? whats your noble phantasm ^^?

Hehe, I just lurk mainly, true. I won't refrain from posting if I can answer something though.

And yeah, UBW was great, although the Rin H-scene let me down, except the socks.

Kraco
Fri, 04-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Unfortunately I must agree on that. The H side of the UBW was the single real letdown of the path. It's a great story but I can't deny I was all the time waiting to see what kind of a H-scene it would have. After all, that's what makes the whole thing a bit special in general: It all could work just fine without any H, as it's mainly an action - horror type of story, but then you suddenly have some... How should I describe it, funnily exaggerated amateur sex in it. I actually expected it to have two scenes like the Fate route. But it only had one that wasn't even so great.

KrayZ33
Fri, 04-04-2008, 02:04 PM
ya ubw is great but for some reason i can't agree with people who say that Shirou is better in UBW than in fate..

he's getting on my nerves even though he isn't as idealistic as in Fate.. i don't know why but he is extremely stupid and naiv in UBW... it took him so freaking long to realize who archer was that it got on my nevers (come on take that scene for example, i'm sure he waas freaking serious Rin:"oh well i had a flab on my mind" Shirou: "Flab on your mind? does is mean you are fat?")... and what was all the spoiling about when saber was described as "king of knights" even though it wasn't clear who she really was in that route, the same goes with assassin (who however didn't hide it so it was no problem for me)

the coolest characters in UBW are: (random order) Archer, Gilgamesh (well he's always awesome since he is so arrogant :P) and ---- LANCER(!) ----- jesus this guy is simply the best!

i always knew that he is strong, even in fate i thought that he is actually stronger than most servants... but in UBW you can cleary see that his Noble Phantasm and he himself are:

1. truely strong
2. extremely efficient and tough
3. beautiful (at least his NP ^^ Lancer however is really kind.. and funny)

did you guys also choose "ok you can join us lancer under one condition" ?

his sarcastic speech-tone was funny as hell for me, i don't know why (oh ok, i realize that not everyone plays with voices, but well i do ^^)
"stay away from toshaka"
"ya ya! thats truely more important than to know who my master is!" or something like that ^^

even though i was depressed about shirous stupidity again, lancer surley made up for it.
Rins reaction was nice too :P

but not only that, his comment about drinking and fighting made me laugh my heart out as well.. since he is irish ^^

"it should be natural for you to drink until dawn with someone that gets along with you, even if he may be your enemy" ^^

rin: "this friends today foes tommorow stuff is out" - Lancer: "ehhhh? oh man ....it sure became a boring world"

i think UBW is way more funny than Fate btw, not only because of Lancer...

sabers reactions were fun to watch too..

Archer: "the chances that casters master is stupid arn't zero, since we have a good example here" Saber *looks at shirou* "I see.. you have got a point there!"

for me Saber seemed to actlike a little-cute-dog in my eyes @ the beginning.. the way she followed Shirou to school and so on.

btw: do i spoil? or, is it allowed to spoil parts of the story like that?

@ the h-scene

well i don't know what to say about them... i didn't like them so much in Fate either..

the second one seemed a bit unrealistic because saber was to straight forward... and when she said something like "I m used to pleassure men" i was like "wtf? i thought you are a virgin and a loli"

and i don't know why but even though i havn't seen the UBW h-scenes yet i think its placed to close to the end of the route. i thought they were going to do it in the castle but then lancer showed up :P or even before that, after the date.

The fate h-scene seemed to be important to both the story and the relationship between shirou and saber (especially the second one), i don't think it will have the same effect in UBW.

actually i wish i could choose which girl to take... i don't want to get sakura once HF is out.. from what i've heard HF seems to be the greatest of all routes (it seems to be very more cruel/horror AND the most important thing for me /sad)... but i hate sakura so much, that i always ignored her in fate/ubw ^^ except sometimes i tried to go to her house to fight rider because i wanted to get more info about her in the status and weapon screen, but all i found was Rin and Gilgamesh ^.^

ah and could someone explain to me why Archer became so mad? from what i understood its because he only saw destruction when he was summoned as a servant and all he could do to prevent that destruction was to cause more destruction which would save the few he has sided with.. and thats why he slowly lost his confidence in his ideal to save EVERYONE right? (correct me if i m wrong, but i really want to know that... its kinda more difficult to understand than the Fate route)

however how was he able to maintain his knowledge he gained in the grail wars? they lose their memory after they finished don't they?

he was talking about something with "books" which are always there, but i don't get that part at all.

phewwwwww long text....

Kraco
Fri, 04-04-2008, 02:55 PM
You should play through the UBW before you start to ask questions. Seriously, the whole Shirou/Archer contradiction is under observation so much during the whole length of the route that it started to bother me. Once you have seen it all through, I doubt there will be unanswered questions even thought it does take a bit of understanding.

What comes to spoilers as long as its either Fate or UBW everything goes. It's the same as it's with anime: Now that those two are translated it can be assumed everybody is able to see them for themselves. I wouldn't talk about the contents of the HF yet, though, before a translation is out.

KrayZ33
Fri, 04-04-2008, 03:20 PM
hmm fine, i just hope Gilgamesh won't let me down @ the end in UBW

he seems by far more superior than he did in Fate if thats even possible, even though saber got her full strength now since, Rin is her master. hmmm

the whole archer/shirou conversations in UBW remind me of the trolley problem

kill 1 to save 5 and so on.

btw offtopicness:

does anyone have a good site with FSN Doujinshi/manga whatever? it doesn't matter if its worksafe or not as long as its funny or well drawn.

some shit really gets me to laugh out there, like the famous "JAM IT IN" parody or when shirou called for an ambulance since saber was bleeding @ a cerain place during the first h-scene in Fate (damn i want to have that picture again, it was funny as hell he was like "OH MY GAWD SABER ARE YOU OKAY?" - "yes shirou, please don't stop now" -" HOW CAN YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT?! AMBULAAANCE! AMBULAAAANCE!".... it reflects shirous stupidity perfectly ^^)

would be nice if someone could write a PM or so :)
i've found one site myself its called something like "gaku gaku land" or so.. but it seems the site is down at the moment, or too old?

BioAlien
Fri, 04-04-2008, 11:13 PM
hmm fine, i just hope Gilgamesh won't let me down @ the end in UBW

he seems by far more superior than he did in Fate if thats even possible, even though saber got her full strength now since, Rin is her master. hmmm

Basically he takes Shirou lightly and doesn't even use his armor... He dies after using a dirty trick against Shirou.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc280/brizzle_035/11513416552956jb.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc280/brizzle_035/?start=0)

i've found one site myself its called something like "gaku gaku land" or so.. but it seems the site is down at the moment, or too old?
Gaku Gaku Animal Land works well for me, I downloaded everything related to Tsukihime/Fate/stay Night.
http://www.freewebs.com/aortic/

KrayZ33
Sat, 04-05-2008, 09:09 AM
well whenever i click on "Fate/Kara no Kyokai"

and then on the link

http://www.tsukuru.info/ggal/FSN_-_All_Night_Long.zip

404 Page not found

however everything else on the site works fine for me (haruhi or tsukihime)

BioAlien
Sun, 04-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Hmm... I see.

You could have looked at the main adresse too.
It's not related to Gaku Gaku Animal Land, the doujin are hosted on another website.
http://www.tsukuru.info/

Or else you would have learned this
"Dreamhost disabled my account due to warez, so I got hosting with the kind folks at imouto.org. Thanks guys!

I'll be getting the rest of the shit back up as soon as possible, don't worry."

You can but just wait..

Board of Command
Wed, 04-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Quick question about the game since this is my first time playing a visual novel...

I skimmed through the flowchart and some paths, such as branching off to UBW, can only be accessed after you finish Fate. Do you have to start the game all over again or can you load from where the story branches off (ie. achievements don't get erased by save/load)?

BioAlien
Thu, 04-10-2008, 12:26 AM
For Fate, it's the very first path, you can't skip.

For Unlimited Blade Works, you can start around the third day just before Tohsaka reach Emiya the household and get attacked by Saber.

For Heaven's Feel you will most likely have to start from the very beginning, because you have to choose the options related to Sakura right from the start.

But do not worry, you have a choice to Skip entire scenes that you already read, so even if you restart from the very beginning every time, you can just skip and gets where you want to be in less than a minutes.

This is basically the FAQ, so if you don't want to rely on the flowchart, you can try this.
(The Heaven's feel path is in Engrish because it has yet to be translated by MirrorMoon.)

Fate (Saber)

I'll go and help Sakura.
I'll go and help out the student council.
I'll take Sakura home.
I'll do my daily routine at the dojo.
(Don't stop her. )
...Fight. (... Revoke the Command Spell. - Tiger Dojo 1)
Save Saber...! (Run away with Tohsaka...! - Tiger Dojo 2)
Ask about the serious stuff.
...All right. Let's cooperate. (...I'm sorry, but I can't. - Tiger Dojo 16)
(Save here for Tiger Dojo 13)
Which heroine is Saber?
Go and meet Tohsaka as arranged.
About Lancer.
Talk to Rider.
Don't fight. (Fight. - Tiger Dojo 3)
I want to know about Saber before she became a Servant.
I want to know why Saber is fighting.
Go and visit the park.
Fuji-Nee, where's my gift.
Go and get Tohsaka.
There's no need to stop...!
...I can't match her. (Beat her before I get beaten...! - Tiger Dojo 4)
Summon Saber...! (No, I can't use my Command Spell...! - Tiger Dojo 5)
I have to follow Saber...! (...Wait here and stand by. - Tiger Dojo 6)
Run to Saber.
...I can't do that. (...I'll have to nod for now. - Tiger Dojo 7)
...I'm in no condition to fight. I'll sit in the chair and pretend I'm tied up.
I'm worried about Saber.
I'll provide backup with the bow...!
Don't use it! (...Is that the only option? - Tiger Dojo 8)
Protect Ilya.
That's fine, but why are you exactly on time today?
Ask about the projection magic.
Go out with Saber. (Let Saber take care of Caster and protect the other two here. - Tiger Dojo 9)
Believe in Tohsaka.
Don't do it, Saber...! (...That timing, she got it...! - Tiger Dojo 10)
Stand up. (Don't stand up. - Tiger Dojo 11)
Go down the stairs. (Go back home. - Tiger Dojo 12)
...Even so, Tohsaka.
...Have a strategy meeting. (Spend time with Saber. - Tiger Dojo 14)
...Give Saber back her Sheath.

Fate True End.

(Load 0)
...Where did you get those clothes?
Explain things to Sakura.
About Berserker.
...Keep away from dangerous things.
Don't fight.
Her reason for fighting. I want to know why she seeks the Holy Grail.
(or - I want to know about Saber before she became a Servant.)
A super move even a monkey could understand.
(If or - A super move even a crab can use)
Go straight home
Apple won't do. Eat some Mandarins, Fuji-Nee.
Wait quietly.
There's no need to stop...!
...I can't match her.
If I can get Saber to help me...!
I have to follow Saber...!
Follow Shinji.
...I can't do that.
...How about that bed?
I'm worried about Tohsaka.
...What's the point?
Don't use it!
Entrust her to the church.
No way. We're fasting today.
Silence is good.
Go out with Saber.
Believe in Tohsaka.
Don't do it, Saber...!
Stand up.
Go down the stairs. (Tiger Dojo 13)

Unlimited Blade Works (Rin)

I'll go and finish my daily routine.
I'll go to work.
I'll play with Fuji-Nee.
Stop her.
...Follow them. (...Stay here./...Don't go. - Tiger Dojo 15)
Bring back saber.
Show Saber around school.
I'll go see how Saber's doing.
Jump back to the hallway...! (Jump to the stairs...! - Tiger Dojo 16)
Can I admit defeat against Tohsaka...?
I can pull out this "nail" in my right arm...! (Use the Command Spell. - Tiger Dojo 17)
I can't say for sure.
I'll go tell Saber that I'm home before the sun sets.
...She's after me. I'll give up and go out there.
Use the command spell to call for Saber.
...It'll be pointless, so I guess I won't ask. (...I guess I'll ask him. - Tiger Dojo 18)
(Saving 1)
Meat's on sale today. I'll make a huge meal to make Saber happy.
It's too dangerous. Stop Tohsaka.
Protect Tohsaka...! (Go help Saber...! - Tiger Dojo 19)
I'll go talk to Saber at the dojo.
I'll make Japanese food in that case. Actually, I'll go take it out on the culprit.
Look inside.
Refuse. (Obey. - Tiger Dojo 20)
Meet up with Tohsaka. (Go to the church for advice. - Tiger Dojo 21)
...Not yet. I can't act so recklessly. * (...I'll go out, I can give Tohsaka an opening now...! - Tiger Dojo 22)
Help her.
We can't do this by ourselves. We'll cooperate with other Masters.
...Stop the man...! (...Restrain myself. - Tiger Dojo 23)
...I don't mind, but under one condition.
...What's wrong with stopping them if I can?
Go to the dojo to check up on Saber.
...No way, I can't give up so easily...! (...I'll at least take him with me...! - Tiger Dojo 24)

Unlimited Blade Works GoodEnd
(sunny day)

(Load 1)
I'm worried about Sakura. I'll go to the Matou Household.
It's too dangerous. Stop Tohsaka.
Protect Tohsaka...!
I'll go talk to Saber at the dojo.
I'll make Japanese food in that case. Actually, I'll go take it out on the culprit.
Look inside.
Refuse.
Meet up with Tohsaka. (Go to the church for advice. - Tiger Dojo 21)
...Not yet. I can't act so recklessly.
Help her.
We can't do this by ourselves. We'll cooperate with other Masters.
...Stop the man...!
...I don't mind, but under one condition.
...What's wrong with stopping them if I can? ... What good is stopping them?
Go over strategy with Tohsaka.
...No way, I can't give up so easily...!

Unlimited Blade Works TrueEnd
(Brilliant Years)

Heaven's Feel (Sakura)

I'll go and help Sakura.
I'll go to work.
I'll take Sakura home.
I'll make one more side dish since Sakura's coming.
I'm worried about Sakura.
...Fight.
Save Saber...!

To new Miyako
It consults about the thing of cherry blossoms. [Yo, uka] go The smell of danger, to ..(.. classroom to see the said �&#168; appearance in me ..dash.. �&#168; �E�E�E The lie divides into �&#168;2 kind bat that endures �&#168; that goes shopping outside �&#168; that doesn't attach)(No, It worries about cherry blossoms ....) and bat end 25 by bat end 26(Go it round new Miyako).
I will not be hated.
It says for myself.
Let's go to see the appearance.
It doesn't tell a lie.
Let's go shopping on the outside.
It endures it.
No, It worries about cherry blossoms.
The fact that puts the apology and says is heard.
(..page.. 3-2-Gallery Menu Heavens Feel 1)
The examination way of [yanagihoratera].
The saver is believed and waited for. (bat end [Reinoro] .... is used. )[De] (1-4 on Gallery Menu Fate 1 page 3-1) Collection (It stabs at [****] �E�E�E) and bat end 27.
Grandpa's room, ..bite.. ?
It is not good in the I am alone. If you do not borrow Enzaka's hand (... No, This is my one problem) and bat end 28.
Yes.
Yes.
&#165;&#165;&#165;Do you do? (the reason is that that becomes ally of �&#168; cherry blossoms that there is no other way that cannot do �&#168; anything)[De] bat end 31
&#165;&#165;&#165;There is a housekeeper -san, too. In case of a soupcon approximately �E�E�E
Enzaka's hand is pulled -. (Shut eyes and, Stab at the rider) and bat end 29.
The reason is that that becomes ally of cherry blossoms
(�E�E�E The crime avenger, It puts and pass it) and bat end 30.
It is considerably love.
You should go to see the appearance in a hurry. (�E�E�E It is necessary to remain in the this place. )[De] bat end 32
It finishes defending [iriya]. (Enzaka is brought back �E�E�E. )[De] bat end 33
[Iriya] I wonder?
It solves it.
No, It gives priority to the visit of cherry blossoms and [yo, u].
&#165;&#165;&#165;It nodded.
It receives it. (Do not receive it. )[De] bat end 34
&#165;&#165;&#165;It alone cannot be done. (Put it on the this hand. )[De] bat end 35
It returns in a hurry.
Cherry blossoms are helped. [Iriya] is brought back. (Our defeats. )[De] bat end 36
It nods. (Refuse. )[De] bat end 37
[Iriya] is brought back.
&#165;&#165;&#165;The answer at one time is said. (Run away outside the storehouse �E�E�E. )[De] bat end 38
Is it an ally of cherry blossoms to the last minute?
It still waits one's chance. (Strike it with the saver each other �E�E�E. )[De] bat end 39

(save 2)

&#165;&#165;&#165;The this arm is rejected and it lowers. (�E�E�E The saver is helped. )[De] bat end 40
&#165;&#165;&#165;Is it nice, And,
Heavens Feel TrueEnd (Return in spring).

(loading 2)
&#165;&#165;&#165;The this arm is rejected and it lowers.
It does.
Heavens Feel Normal End (Sakura's dream)

KrayZ33
Thu, 04-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Quick question about the game since this is my first time playing a visual novel...

I skimmed through the flowchart and some paths, such as branching off to UBW, can only be accessed after you finish Fate. Do you have to start the game all over again or can you load from where the story branches off (ie. achievements don't get erased by save/load)?

i think after the last patch there is a flowchart in your fate/stay night folder now..it tells you which actions are to choose if you want to play UBW etc.

you could just start the game again after finishing Fate and it will ask you "do you wish to skip XXXXX?" then click -> Yes and the next scene will begin, if you alrdy read through that too the same question weill appear again... if the scene includes a decision you will get the chance to answer it after skipping the scene..

so it will take like ~1 minute to get into each scenario
or ~2 minutes to get the other ending (good ending - true ending) because when you were friendly with rin in UBW you get the true(?) ending and then you can play it again -> skip everything -> be friendly to saber -> and you get the good(?) ending

btw in my case it was pretty usefull to reread some scenes, because some decisions and statements are more easy to understand once you played through a scenario (but it wasn't really worth it xD, i just happened to get the voices from RN so it was fun to play it again)

ah and yes you are right "achievements don't get erased by save/load" well they get erased if you load from somewhere near the end to a scene @ the beginning but i think thats obvious..

(the status and weapon section in the MAIN MENU however still saves what you have achieved even if you didn't save it)

Board of Command
Thu, 04-10-2008, 09:36 AM
All right thanks guys.

BioAlien
Sun, 04-27-2008, 12:37 AM
HF translation is no longer IDLE!
http://mirrormoon.org/projects/fate_stay_night

HF translation Progress: 50% (1980/3800kb)

Day # / % complete (total text size)

Day 04: 100% (280kb)
Day 05: 100% (240kb)
Day 06: 100% (210kb)
Day 07: 100% (230kb)
Day 08: 100% (220kb)
Day 09: 100% (460kb)
Day 10: 100% (340kb)
Day 11: 10% (280kb)
Day 12: 0% (180kb)
Day 13: 0% (190kb)
Day 14: 0% (190kb)
Day 15: 0% (500kb)
Day 16: 0% (350kb)
Epilogues: 0% (120kb)

4/25: MAW2 editing is finished, and Farland is still in insertion phase. So back to HF translation for me. Now, where did I leave off... GAH, HSCENE, DAMMIT!!(T T)

And they put another troll image at the bottom of the page again.
http://mbac.mirrormoon.org/lvl8shirou.jpg (You found the ninja!)

:p

Kraco
Sun, 04-27-2008, 02:34 AM
And they put another troll image at the bottom of the page again.
You found the ninja! (http://mbac.mirrormoon.org/lvl8shirou.jpg)

Heh. That joke won't ever die or even get old, I tell you.

I still don't know if I'm even interested in playing the game following the HF route. Initially I was interested in the Fate route, after the anime. But during that route I actually became more interested in UBW. However, during neither route of those two did HF gain my interest at all. But who knows, maybe I will still look at it. It's such an exceptional game even though it would hurt to play it ignoring both Saber and Rin.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Ya i can't stand sakura... but HF seems to be very sad and shirou seems to be a real badass there. (not a whiner like he is in fate or UBW :P)
And I want to see True-Assassin, so I'm pretty sure that i'll like it even though it will hurt to ignore saber and to ~~~~~ her. (you probably know what I mean if you alrdy read through it a bit, the picture of this scene looks so awesome)

I wonder what Gilgamesh does in HF

Board of Command
Sun, 04-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I liked UBW much more than Fate, but you kinda have to play Fate first since UBW is sort of like an extension of that storyline.

Btw, the hentai scenes are really out of place.

Kraco
Sun, 04-27-2008, 02:42 PM
They could be out of place, considering the whole story and even the mood and atmosphere in general, but for some peculiar reason, maybe especially since they are so out of place, I was really looking forward to them. Because I'm not really interested in HF, I guess wondering what kind of bizarre hentai scenes it might present is a strong point of why I still might play it.

I have by now played a few visual novels, and I have to say the H scenes in FSN are totally out there. With Shirou the Platonic Magician they are pure golden comedy. They are generally comedy in any h game (just like in h anime (I only watch hentai in general because it's so bloody hilarious)), but FSN totally sweeps the board.

Board of Command
Sun, 04-27-2008, 03:19 PM
I don't know how literal the translations for the h-scenes are, but yeah they're quite hilarious.

Tsukihime is pretty...0_o...too. I still have the Hisui and Kohaku routes left. Those should make for interesting scenarios.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-27-2008, 04:08 PM
From what i heard Tsukihime's H-scenes are a bit extreme ~~; (not only because of the partners having sex there, pedo,necro and rape @ once yay)

Hmm whats to say against the h-scenes in FSN... i didn't like the UBW one because it was like "hey the story is nearly finished and we didn't have sex yet, want to do it?"

But the H-scenes in fate were actually pretty "good".. I have to laugh @ the descriptions a bit, but I think thats the case in every book which has a love-scene in it.

Dunno but it really expressed: "shirou<3saber forever" and it made it even more sad that they have to separate once the war is over. (and it was sad enough even without those scenes)

Board of Command
Sun, 04-27-2008, 04:48 PM
From what i heard Tsukihime's H-scenes are a bit extreme ~~; (not only because of the partners having sex there, pedo,necro and rape @ once yay)
I haven't encountered any of that in Tsukihime. There was one scene in the Arcueid route that was semi-rape, but nothing extreme. There's no necro/pedo/other weird stuff.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Isn't the protagonist Shiki?

i read something that he has sex with a vampire his little sister and that there was something like a rape scene (or agressive sex scene)

Board of Command
Sun, 04-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Yes, but he doesn't cut his partners in the process.

BioAlien
Sun, 04-27-2008, 08:10 PM
The only pseudo pedo scene in Tsukihime actually happen in Kagetsu Tohya.
With her,
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/Xeonix/kag3.jpg
(Character: Ren)

Other than that, in the main story line, there is nothing like that.

As for HF...
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh301/Anon_PB/1177008085112.jpg
(That's not Rin, saying more would be spoiler)

Come on, I know you wanted to Ayako action too.

Board of Command
Sun, 04-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Is that from the Plus disk? (Tsukihime)

BioAlien
Sun, 04-27-2008, 09:17 PM
I said it was from Kagetsu Tohya.. Not Plus-disk. It's another expansion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagetsu_Tohya
(The english patch is on Beast's lair (http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/?board=walk&action=display&thread=3295&page=1), latest version is 0.5.2)

Kagetsu came after Plus-Disk and takes some elements from it, like Akira Seo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukihime_Plus-Disc

So If you are planning to read Kagetsu Tohya, read Plus-Disk before.

Tsukibako here: (Tsukihime / Plus+Disk / Kagetsu Tohya)
http://www.torrentz.com/a0fe0293ca6153ff2b21849a99144d5a04f6a263
(They say Plus-Disk, but it's actually Plus+Disk, I got it and it has the extra stories Geccha 2 and Kinoko Meisaku Jikkenjyou)

After that you can start Melty Blood.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-28-2008, 05:40 AM
Hmmm, I don't know what to think of Tsukihime... the story sounds so great... but the looks of the characters are a bit scary..

grllll....I just don't know if its worth to test it :/

Kraco
Mon, 04-28-2008, 06:40 AM
If you liked the FSN game, you'll most likely enjoy Tsukihime as well. Both being typical Type-Moon games, they have a lot in common.

Board of Command
Mon, 04-28-2008, 08:22 AM
I think Hisui from Tsukihime was the basis for the Saber character design.

And Taiga is Arcueid.
Tohsaka is Akiha (plus a chest).

NM
Wed, 05-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Just wanted to post saying that I just beat UBW today. Man...just freaking awesome. I loved UBW as much as the Fate route, if not more. I really wish we had another FSN anime based off UBW...Shirou's fight with Archer and then his final one with Gilgamesh would be so badass. Saber was too cute in UBW, I loved the cooking moments with her and Shirou when she would ask if he was going to be cooking (favorite part was when she asked if his questions would improve the quality of his meals). I can't even wait for the Heaven's Feel route to be translated now. :D

Although, the only thing with the game are the H-scenes. They are just kinda...out there. Probably in HF the same situation will happen where either a Servant needs Shirou's "magical energy" or he needs a bigger supply of energy from another magus. They seem just kinda tacked on since the situation was kind of the same in both Fate and UBW. In any case, Tohsaka and Saber = <3.

I'm so glad I came across this thread and downloaded this! The soundtrack is really great too in this game (Nipponsei released the Realta Nua OST which is pretty much the same as I'm sure all you guys know). Thanks to DF and anyone else who updated the thread with news from Mirror Moon. :) For my first visual novel game, this one was quite awesome.

KrayZ33
Wed, 05-14-2008, 03:12 AM
I think HF will be much different than the other 2 routes... from what I've read and heard its much darker and even more brutal (UBW was brutal too, at least the scene with Gilgamesh and Berserker etc....so sad btw).
I'm scared of playing it :( it will destroy all my dreams!

Board of Command
Wed, 05-14-2008, 07:49 AM
HF has Dark Sakura and Dark Saber, so...maybe that's what they mean by darker?

BioAlien
Wed, 05-14-2008, 11:28 AM
HF has Dark Sakura and Dark Saber, so...maybe that's what they mean by darker?
HF spoiler removed

As for the Realta Nua OST they are different, I got them, some are remix, while some others are completely different.

If you want them, they are pretty much all in this(Including the ones from the anime, realta nua, character cd, image song, original game, more...)

Part 1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h82dxv

Part 2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mbd7aj

Part 3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yfmfdq

Part 4
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3zfnrb
You need all four parts, extract with 7zip. No password needed.

Kraco
Wed, 05-14-2008, 12:54 PM
No more HF spoilers. I think everybody knew already what BoC said (considering all the shots seen in sigs and desktop shots etc), but what you said, BioAlien, is news to me. Say one thing more and I'll ban you! So, that's how it is, like I said earlier: I will suffer no HF spoilers here until the translated patch has been released.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Please remove it then, so that others wont be spoiled.

BioAlien
Wed, 05-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Seriously? I thought everyone knew that by now.
Well, I know that not many peoples are interested in him(He's big, ugly, creepy, can wear Saber like a condom..:rolleyes: ), so of course you may not have known.
Well, I'm sorry for having spoiled you.

You could read the synopsis to know more about HF,
(Contain spoilers, of course it's a synopsis, so read at your own risk.)
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~typemoon/fate/hf.htm

But isn't talking about the HF route spoiler all together? Including Dark Sakura/Black Saber talk? Not everybody knows about that.

Ps. Do we have a spoiler tag here? If so, what is it?

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-14-2008, 07:03 PM
There is no spoiler tag, but if you're clever, you can improvise. I've done it very few times, and I assure you, it is still frowned upon. As such, do not ask me if you can't figure it out or are curious. I will not proliferate the knowledge.

In other words, Don't Spoil. Period.
Check the rules (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=13928).

Just about everyone would know about Dark Sakura. There's fanart/official art of her everywhere. Half of the images of Sakura are of Dark Sakura. Even a good number of the Rider fanart has some Dark Sakura in it. Unless you know the details of the route though, you'll know little of her and what happens to everyone else.

Knowledge of her existence? Not a spoiler.
Knowledge of any details about her? Spoiler.

BioAlien
Wed, 05-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Knowledge of her existence? Not a spoiler.

So, by your say, my "spoiler", wasn't really a spoiler since it was just knowledge of one's existence?

I didn't consider it as Spoiler since I thought pretty much everybody already knew about it. (There's quite a few pictures/wallpapers about it too...)

Kraco
Thu, 05-15-2008, 01:35 AM
So, by your say, my "spoiler", wasn't really a spoiler since it was just knowledge of one's existence?

Your spoiler that I removed contained actually a little bit more information than just a confirmation of existence. However, technically you are right by saying BoC's post should also be labeled a spoiler. It is, and it's my hypocrisy for not treating it as such or rather letting it slide, but I deem it's a lot more well-known detail than any other concerning HF. However, I will consider any mention how that happens as a forbidden spoiler.

Still, there's nothing to discuss here. I laid this rule here for the benefit of those who don't want to read any synopsis beforehand but experience everything firsthand. I ask you to honour that decision that's well in line with the general spirit of this forum.

BioAlien
Sat, 05-17-2008, 11:07 AM
HF translation at 60%~ with Day 12: 10%

Also, got this from the mirrormoon forum
http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fateazuak6.swf

It's a parody of the Azumanga Daioh OP with the Fate/stay Night characters.
(Available on Youtube in cheaper quality here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=93C1SyOmWLY )

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-17-2008, 11:57 AM
thats cute ^^ btw who cares about the translation, the installer will be the problem!

laughed out loud at the gilgamesh vs shirou scene ^^

Kraco
Sat, 05-17-2008, 12:32 PM
who cares about the translation, the installer will be the problem!

Let's hope the history won't repeat itself in that respect.

It was a nice Flash, BioAlien, but unfortunately I remembered the Azumanga opening too poorly for maximum efficiency...

BioAlien
Sat, 05-17-2008, 02:20 PM
You can alway rewatch the OP.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=huWKSYUX5Fs

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-17-2008, 07:03 PM
not really the FSN game but does anybody know when Fatal/Fake 2 comes out? I don't like it as much as the first one (controling 2 characters is somehow weird because I switch them unwillingly when making a combo :/ ) but I wanted to try it out with more than just rin+saber.

BioAlien
Sat, 05-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Considering the official website is in Japanese.. and is laking in information, no.

NM
Sun, 05-18-2008, 01:23 AM
That flash of Azumanga Daioh w/ FSN characters is pure win.

BioAlien
Sun, 05-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Translation of day 12 at 20%.
It should be done faster now since Takajun finished the game he was playing.

5/17: Finished 赫炎のインガノック, a very good game. Now back to translating at a higher pace. Recalculated sizes, which actually came out a bit smaller.

As for the installer, it shouldn't take too long this time, since it was remade from scratch for the UBW patch, there's no need to make a new one. They will just need to add the HF voices patch to it.

KrayZ33
Sun, 05-18-2008, 03:54 PM
I hope I'll get the alrdy complete voice-patch file from rapidshare again (for the voices)

Kraco
Sun, 05-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I hope I'll get the alrdy complete voice-patch file from rapidshare again (for the voices)

Hmm... Since I'm not nearly in as much hurry to play HF as I was UBW, I might as well wait for one. Rin's voice doesn't really match my image of her but otherwise it's kind of nice to listen to them.

KrayZ33
Sun, 05-18-2008, 04:16 PM
I do it for Gilgamesh and Lancers sake!

Gil has a very nice maniac voice and Lancer is awesome when he's being sarkastic again...
But arn't the voices the same as in the anime? I think they are pretty good actually.

The only voice I can't stand is shinji... god he pisses me off when he starts to whine and make this pig-noises "krieeeeeeeeeeek" etc.

BioAlien
Sun, 05-18-2008, 04:47 PM
The only voice I can't stand is shinji... god he pisses me off when he starts to whine and make this pig-noises "krieeeeeeeeeeek" etc.

Shinji : With or without voice, no one likes him.:rolleyes:

Kraco
Sun, 05-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Gil has a very nice maniac voice and Lancer is awesome when he's being sarkastic again...
But arn't the voices the same as in the anime? I think they are pretty good actually.

They should be the same and they are good, but I just think Rin should have a bit more proud voice. She sounds so much like a good neighbour girl with her voice, not like the school's number one idol and a mage responsible for the town. I don't mean she should sound like those annoying "high-class" adversary bitches from random high-school animes but something a bit more refined than the present.

Deadfire
Sun, 05-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Shinji : With or without voice, no one likes him.:rolleyes:

He gets all the chicks is the reason why....

Oh and the Voice actors are always horrible for him as well, mostly because his character is one of a whiny and naive boy. As such I can't really blame the VAs

NM
Mon, 05-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Awesome! Just updating from BioAlien's post, looks like MirrorMoon finished up Day 12 and their already working on Day 13. HF is almost upon us!

HF translation Progress: 65% (2410/3700kb)

Day # / % complete (total text size)

Day 04: 100% (280kb)
Day 05: 100% (240kb)
Day 06: 100% (210kb)
Day 07: 100% (230kb)
Day 08: 100% (220kb)
Day 09: 100% (460kb)
Day 10: 100% (330kb)
Day 11: 100% (270kb)
Day 12: 100% (160kb)
Day 13: 20% (180kb)
Day 14: 0% (170kb)
Day 15: 0% (490kb)
Day 16: 0% (350kb)
Epilogues: 0% (110kb)

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Thats only translation. I hope the editing and testing phases go much faster this time. I am not complaining about their work (which is superb btw), but there was an incident (I think caused by some person not doing their job) that caused a great delay before, and I hope it doesnt happen again.

BioAlien
Tue, 05-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, the editing/beta for MaW2 didn't take too long so far, the patch may even come out soon. So we can probably expect something similar with the HF route.(Considering the fact there's more staff working on Fate than on MaW2)

Day 13 is at 50% now.
Taka' hates Shirou too.

5/27: GOD DAMN I HATE SHIROU. He assumes what everyone "should" do, and forces them to act that way, disregarding what they want to do. ........Sorry, just rambling. --;

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Thats only translation. I hope the editing and testing phases go much faster this time. I am not complaining about their work (which is superb btw), but there was an incident (I think caused by some person not doing their job) that caused a great delay before, and I hope it doesnt happen again.
I asked around on IRC a few days ago because I was obviously not aware of the whole story.

The incident was not strictly caused by someone not doing their job, but rather a lot of interference from the overeager fans. The progress on the mysterious newfangled installer was buried in a lot of "WHEN IS IT COMING AUT!!!" spam in a forum thread, so some of those overeager fans stole one of the scripts that had been made during the editing process, and make a "quick and dirty" patch.

That delayed the deployment of UBW.

It was mostly miscommunication all around.

Kraco
Wed, 05-28-2008, 01:22 AM
That delayed the deployment of UBW.

I fail to see how that would delay anything. Quite the contrary: It should speed things up so that they could make sure the unofficial item wouldn't dominate the market.

If it really did delay the release, it's an extremely bad sign as it would suggest Mirror-Moon people are bored with the whole project, and any manner of excuses could lead them to take long breaks without a second of regret.

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-28-2008, 03:51 AM
I should have gone a little further in my last post I suppose.

It's not like it hasn't happened elsewhere with other groups on other projects. Manga chapters, leaked anime sub scripts, etc. It all causes the belief that it is now "out" (despite a huge potential drop in quality). This adds a further change in perception, because now everyone expects them to immediately release.

That's usually not the case, as now they have to deal with whatever shitty security they have on their ftp server (not an excuse), and it should not be the case, as they still need to proceed with the project that needs editing, but with the knowledge that everyone has an option elsewhere. Quality over speed.

There really wasn't much of a delay at all in the first place as they worked on the installer, all the fervent fans were just impatient. It was the perceived lack of communication, buried in all the demands for release spam, that led a large number of people to assume that Mirror-Moon was not communicating any kind of status updates. They simply were not putting them on the site, only on an overloaded forum thread.

They absolutely should not speed anything up when something like that happens. When a half-edited script is released, it is a half-assed release. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer quality.

Kraco
Wed, 05-28-2008, 05:42 AM
In this kind of stuff breaks usually affect the development time far more than the amount of work needed. We aren't talking about a release of an episode of a currently airing series, after all, where you could perceive less than a day's worth of hours exist to sub an episode if you want to be recognized as fast by the community. In game modding people regularly take long breaks for various reasons. Those breaks can be affected by external boosts to the morale. Of course it's another matter whether a leaked beta can be considered any kind of a boost. It can as well have an opposite effect as well, and I admit my previous post was inaccurate in that sense. However, I just wanted to underline the fact the more fundamental factors lie elsewhere.

Personally I think people give the consumer community more credit than they deserve. Game modding is a hobby to the people doing it, and while it makes modders happy if people appreciate their efforts, it's only the poor modders anyway that listen to every whim of lone audience members. Modders just do what they do on their own time for their own amusement and that's it. This is best illustrated by cancelled projects: When a modder gets bored with the project, he drops it, and all the opinions of the disappointed fans that were looking forward to it aren't worth a single yen in the final decision.

BioAlien
Wed, 05-28-2008, 04:23 PM
The translation/editing were already done when the leak came out, the leak was just an old script hardly edited, that came out long time ago before it was completed. All that was left was the installer, which took nearly half a year to complete.
So of course fan would be eager, would you want to wait 6 months~ just for an installer that could make toast for you,
(There was a topic about "The installer is so great..." in which peoples made up stuff about the installer, on the mm forum)
when you already know that the damn thing was already translated/edited a long time ago and they could have just released the files into a .zip or something so that we could manual patch the game ourself? Even if they do this in their free time, that was just too much.

Anyway, there's no point talking about this, that was in the past and we can just hope history won't repeat itself.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Oh, that was what I was referring to. The guy that did the installer was the one that delayed the whole thing, or so I remember Takajun posting it on the site.

BioAlien
Thu, 05-29-2008, 01:24 AM
3/10:
Well, I'm sure some people already know what happened...

*100% Ranting ahead, so you can stop reading here if you want.

Just so people know, my translation in it is unedited and very unpolished. I'm ashamed that it's seeing public eyes...

Anyway, I can't say I didn't see this possibility with all the rage pent up over the past MANY months. I myself got mad at Message many times about the whole installer deal.
I'm angry at myself for letting this get this far and letting people talk me into waiting for Message's installer. I'm angry at the person who did it. I'm angry at Message for taking this long. In short, a lot of anger and disappointment.

Well, I really don't care who did it, it's just a waste of my time. I just wish he/she would've came talked to me beforehand about all his anger for the delay.

Moving ahead. Well, I really have no idea right now. Quitting over something like this is just stupid, but then again, I've lost my motivation for now.
If some group thinks I'm going to take too long or quit and wants to start a new translation for HF, go ahead.
Please don't take this as a sign of me quitting. There's too many good games out there that needs translation. I'm sure I'm just depressed...
Okay, now I'm really ranting. I'm going to go sleep now.
*This is my opinion, and has nothing to do with the rest of the staff, so all critique can go to me.
-TakaJun
That was just after the Leak came out.

Kraco
Mon, 06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
HF translation Progress: 81% (3000/3700kb)

I think this is proceeding pretty nicely all in all. 12.5 days out of 14 translated.

BioAlien
Tue, 06-10-2008, 05:16 AM
If we are lucky, by the end of this month, the translation will be done.
After that we must allow at least 1 more month for the editing/spoofing and other craps I don't know anything about.(Can't they do that with the already translated days? Do they really need to wait for the whole damn thing to be completed?)
Then a couple of weeks for testing... Of the game and the Installer...
So... it should be out around September.

Xrlderek
Thu, 06-19-2008, 04:44 PM
6/19: Update. Only the epilogues (and Tiger dojo Special) left!
(......I died after not saving for a while, so I don't feel like playing the game for a while now --;)

HF translation Progress: 97% (3590/3700kb)

Awesome.

BioAlien
Thu, 06-19-2008, 09:45 PM
6/19: Finally done with the translation! Now for the editing... I'll post the progress on it and what else is left to do next time I update.
HF translation Progress: 100% !

Now to wait for the rest...

Xrlderek
Mon, 07-07-2008, 01:18 PM
HF editing progress: 45%
HF beta testing progress: 10%
Seems like it is progressing quite fast.

Kraco
Sat, 08-09-2008, 05:25 AM
HF editing progress: 65%
HF beta testing progress: 20%

Decent progress. I don't know if it can quite make it to BioAlien's prediction of September, but it's not a stretch to say September / October.

Xrlderek
Tue, 08-26-2008, 01:14 AM
8/25: Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been spending all my time working on a new project (which, by the way, a teaser patch may be coming soon). Anyway, editing is running smoothly. Beta testing is running smoothly as well. I'm deleting the beta progress since keeping progress of the slowest tester isn't really showing the real progress. Beta testing will likely be cut off a few weeks after editing is complete, anyways.

HF editing progress: 82%

I'm hoping for a late september release. That's a little optimistic though.

BioAlien
Tue, 08-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Hmm, 17 days for 17%... 1% a day...

So editing should be done in about 18 days... Around September 15.

After that, finishing the beta testing... Indeed late September should the correct estimated release time.

But let's not get our hopes too high, they were crushed already while we waiting for the UBW patch to be done. Though I seriously doubt that Takajun will allow such a long delay again.

Maybe mid-October if we aren't lucky enough for the release in September.

Kraco
Tue, 08-26-2008, 06:02 AM
I'll go for mid-October. I doubt they will take half a year to make an installer anymore - the old probably will suffice for them - so the end of September + the few obligatory extra weeks for whatever make it at least mid-October.

Xrlderek
Tue, 09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
9/06: Update. Only the last day and the epilogue left!

HF editing progress: 88%
Mid-October looks likely.

Xrlderek
Tue, 09-16-2008, 08:51 AM
9/16: Update.
HF editing progress: 93%
Still hoping for Mid-October.

Xelbair
Tue, 09-16-2008, 02:30 PM
late this month i think - well it will take another 2-3 days of my life.(i read fast - but still it depends on lenght of text so meybe it will take 1 more day :P)

Kraco
Tue, 09-16-2008, 02:51 PM
If you install the voices, it takes a little longer - assuming you also listen to the voices, of course.

And while the editing may finish already this month, I don't expect the product to be out immediately. Most likely the final testing, packing, and other stuff takes 2-3 weeks.

KrayZ33
Tue, 09-16-2008, 02:53 PM
I hope they bring out a nice installer again, like they did with UBW..

So I just have to install the game without applocal.

oh god... I bet I can't remember how to install the game anymore :/ I hope I can manage it myself.

BioAlien
Tue, 09-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Install the game from the patch, not the CD/DVD.

Put the CD/DVD in your Disk Drive, close whatever open up, double click on the patch, select which Drive the CD/DVD is. Install.

Xelbair
Wed, 09-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Voices annoy me - I don't install them. - still i hope for end of this month.

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-17-2008, 04:26 PM
The voices make it a lot better imho.

because you really get to hate Shinji when you hear his voice *hrhrhr*
and I don't want to play it without, after hearing Gilgamesh and Lancer again.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-17-2008, 07:22 PM
So how would you install it with voices? Put the game cd in, doubeclick the installer, and put the PS2 disc in afterwards when it prompts you?

BioAlien
Wed, 09-17-2008, 11:52 PM
So how would you install it with voices? Put the game cd in, doubeclick the installer, and put the PS2 disc in afterwards when it prompts you?

Yes.
It first install the game, then the Voices Patch.

But, the failure rate is quite high... So try installing in Safe Mode, that worked for me... after 4 failures and around 3 hours wasted.

Here's the "FAQ" from the mirrormoon forum
http://forums.mirrormoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=2003

Kraco
Thu, 09-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Shortly after the UBW patch release, somebody released a torrent containing simply a few files you dropped into the game folder, and, ta-da, the voices were there! Maybe the same thing will happen now as well.

BioAlien
Thu, 09-18-2008, 04:28 PM
The voices for Heaven feel scenario were already extracted from the UBW patch, just not implanted in-game yet. (That's what the guy who made the voice patch on the mirrormoon forum said)

This is basically what that torrent you are speaking of was:

Voice Patch Fate Part 1 (453 MO)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GB84600Z

Voice Patch Fate Part 2 (253~ MO)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K2P9VIP9

First, install the patch without selecting Realta Nua Voice Patch, after that, extract the files from the part 1(Part 1 and Part 2 must be in the same folder) into "C:\Program Files\Fate-stay night English" (Or the place you installed the game), then relaunch the patch and this time select Realta Nua Voice Patch. This will enable voices in-game.

Xrlderek
Thu, 09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
HF translation Progress: 100% (3750/3750kb)
HF editing progress: 100%

9/25: Update. Editing complete. Voice insertion is mostly what's left.

Didn't expect that so soon. Hopefully the voice insertion won't take long.

Kraco
Thu, 09-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Wow! Most excellent. Let's hope beta testing and other phases aren't prolonged unnecessarily.

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Guess I better finish Unlimited Blade Works...

Xelbair
Fri, 09-26-2008, 03:50 PM
So as i pray...
Release it this month please.

Board of Command
Fri, 09-26-2008, 10:58 PM
When it comes out, can someone give me a save gave with Heaven's Feel unlocked? I finished Fate and UBW, but lost my save games when I formatted my computer.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Just came up with this on a whim after seeing Xelbair's version.

Saber gives bone to my sword
Steel is on her body, that fires up my blood
I have conquered over a thousand babes
Unknown to breath
Nor real life
Have withstood pain from sharpening my weapon
Yet, these hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Animated Babes Work

Does the (rather, will the) installer require a DVD copy of the game? Or will it work with the CD one?

Kraco
Sat, 09-27-2008, 02:16 AM
If memory serves in the beginning it only worked with the CD version but now it works with both: CD and DVD. Though I'm absolutely sure only of the CD version because that's what I have.

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-27-2008, 05:59 AM
I have the DVD version (but still without the voices), so I can confirm that one as well.

BioAlien
Sat, 09-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Both DVD and CD works, I tested them both.

The 1.0 patch(first public one?) supported both version too. Dunno about prior ones, but they should have been beta ones.

As for the save, here's mine
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4453TPAQ

I have viewed all scenes for the Fate/UBW routes. (followed the flowchart)
Saved at all the choices following this walkthrough
Fate saves from page one to three.
UBW saves from page four to six.
Tiger Dojo saves from page thirteen to fourteen.
Heck, even saved the prologue on page one.

Everything is completed up to the end of UBW. All CG unlocked, the remaining ones are from HF.

KrayZ33
Sat, 09-27-2008, 08:34 AM
perfect! Thanks... I have (make that "had") the same problem as BoC

Board of Command
Sat, 09-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Both DVD and CD works, I tested them both.

The 1.0 patch(first public one?) supported both version too. Dunno about prior ones, but they should have been beta ones.

As for the save, here's mine
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4453TPAQ

I have viewed all scenes for the Fate/UBW routes. (followed the flowchart)
Saved at all the choices following this walkthrough
Fate saves from page one to three.
UBW saves from page four to six.
Tiger Dojo saves from page thirteen to fourteen.
Heck, even saved the prologue on page one.

Everything is completed up to the end of UBW. All CG unlocked, the remaining ones are from HF.
Thanks a lot!

Xelbair
Sun, 09-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Still if you lost your saves you can just push ctrl - it took me 5 min to get to UBW after i lost my Fate route save.

BioAlien
Wed, 10-08-2008, 07:26 PM
10/9: Update. Voice insertion complete. Currently fixing bugs.

The wait is almost unbearable..

Dark Dragon
Wed, 10-08-2008, 10:10 PM
That's very good to know that the wait is almost over. I've been really patient since i want to play the entire game in English all at once.

Most of you are probably aware of the sequel for F S/N that was released: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (http://www.typemoon.com/hollow/index.html)

I'm not sure how many peoples on this forum know about AGHT and since i didn't see any mention of it in this thread, i will make a post about it here.

AGHT is in short: a text extracting tool for visual novel. You would use it to extract the Japanese text from the game and then translate it to English with another tool called Atlas.

There is a very good tutorial on how to get AGHT and Atlas started here (http://fhcofbrasil.googlepages.com/AGTHTUTORIAL-INDEX.htm).

Be aware that most of the translation will be engrish at best and you yourself will have to do some guess work. It's usually much better to try and translate one sentence at a time instead of the whole paragraph.

I know that this is quite a pain in the ass but it's pretty much the only alternative to learning Japanese or waiting for the full translation of this game comes out (which could take a few years).

Here is the torrent (http://www.btmon.com/Other/Unsorted/Fate_hollow_Ataraxia_Japanese_s_most_popular_H-game_recently_Dummy_Cut.torrent) for Ataraxia for those who are interested.

BioAlien
Wed, 10-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I already tried... it was... pretty much completely unreadable.
Probably due to Nasu's way of writing.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 10-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Well it depend on how long ago that was. The old version of AGHT was not compatible with fate/hollow, but the new one released recently (8/24/08 i believe) has a coding that works with fate/hollow so try using KiriKiri. There are a significant number of peoples playing the game this way so it's probably coherent to some extent.

edit: I'm downloading the game right now so i'll test it first and post the result along with the working config later.

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-09-2008, 05:58 AM
wasn't there a group translating fate/hollow? I think I've read something about that in the Mirrormoon forum

I already downloaded fate/hollow half a year ago or so... but I was hoping for someone to translate it so I didn't test that tool yet.

However Dark Dragon when you are done, tell us (me) how it worked out...

BioAlien
Thu, 10-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Indeed there is a group translating F/HA on Beast's Lair, but there's not much work done.

http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cgi

Xelbair
Thu, 10-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Well, i will finish my Japanese lessons before patch comes out, i hope. For Ataraxia of course.

BioAlien
Thu, 10-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Indeed... If it was done the same way they are translating Fate/Zero, CLANNAD, etc... It would be done much faster.
(Make all the scenes available for translating, editing on a Wiki)

Xrlderek
Fri, 10-31-2008, 02:17 PM
http://mirrormoon.org/ has Crimson moon now, which usually means a release is coming very soon.. Thing is though, both Melty Blood Act Cadenza and Brass Restoration(their other projects) are close to release too so it's probably one of them - but it might be Heaven's Feel.

Xelbair
Fri, 10-31-2008, 04:55 PM
I never noticed that Crimson moon had to do something with releases.
i hope for Heaven's Feel. Act candeza would be fine too - but you know - i just prefer to play survuval mode with ciel and well - it does not need translation.

BioAlien
Fri, 10-31-2008, 06:23 PM
It feels more like Crimson Air since there's no moon.

This may also be a trick from the mirrormoon staffs, after all, it's Halloween.

The previous releases took a bit after the Crimson Moon first appeared, so allow it 1 week.
3 projects are close to/ready to release now, so it's a gamble for us. Either 1, 2, all of them, or none.

Xrlderek
Sat, 11-01-2008, 06:44 AM
It's out. :D
http://mirrormoon.org/
Edit: I sure hope someone will rip the voice files again.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Time to finally get around to finishing UBW. I've been waiting for this one.

Kraco
Sat, 11-01-2008, 07:15 AM
I think I'll wait for the voice file rips. Hopefully it won't take long. Lately I have been playing several VNs, and all voiced, so it would probably feel too strange to play this mute.

BioAlien
Sat, 11-01-2008, 07:29 AM
The voices file is the same as the one for UBW, no need to rerip or redownload another one.

I already said in a previous post that with the UBW patch, it extracted the voices files for all 3 routes, just that they weren't implanted yet in the script, they are now.

*start reading HF*

Xrlderek
Sat, 11-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I just found out as well, awesome.

>*EDIT: We got reports that the beta flowchart is still in the patch. We'll take it out and release a fixed version ASAP. It's not really a hinderance to the game unless you're really bothered by it, so go ahead and play with the current patch if you're fine with it

It's not really that annoying.. just don't double click on anything - it'll send you to the scene..

Kraco
Sat, 11-01-2008, 08:03 AM
The voices file is the same as the one for UBW, no need to rerip or redownload another one.

I already said in a previous post that with the UBW patch, it extracted the voices files for all 3 routes, just that they weren't implanted yet in the script, they are now.

Ah, yes. I actually remembered, shortly after making my post, that it had been said, but by then you had already made your post. Forgive my poor spongiform brain!

Anyway, patch is installed and I feel compelled to have a look...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-01-2008, 09:03 AM
bump with Version 3.1

BioAlien
Sat, 11-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Before installing the patch, I had access to HF, now that the patch is here, I couldn't even access it.
I had to load/skip the epilogues of UBW for HF to become available again... Was I the only one with that problem?

Xelbair
Sat, 11-01-2008, 12:15 PM
This week is awesome, 2 days agu - new guitar, today - Fate patch(3 days out of my lifetime but its worth it - Naru never failed me), tomorrow my birthday.
But i lost my fate saves... i'm gonna have to just ctrl-skip it.

Kraco
Sat, 11-01-2008, 07:11 PM
bump with Version 3.1

And now there's also a small patch file to fix the issue in the voiced version of the game. I know those developer menus disturbed me. There are some very dark screens in this game, and having those things there like bright flags was distracting.

Xrlderek
Sat, 11-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Enjoying it so far. I kept waiting for a new intro video though, thought there would be one. Too bad.

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Keeping this spoiler-free:

I'm on Day 6, and Heaven's Feel is definitely far stranger than the previous arcs. A lot more strange visions and flickers of art that only appear for a second or two changes the atmosphere of the storytelling completely. It's downright creepy, and I know it is only going to get worse.

The cute parts where Sakura bumps into all kinds of doors and walls doesn't seem to have much of a comedic effect either. It only increases the level of dread I feel for some reason.