PDA

View Full Version : TV: Canterbury's Law

Munsu
Wed, 03-12-2008, 01:56 AM
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4958/margufw4.jpg

Just watched the first episode of this series and it was much better than I expected. It's like House, Damages, and Rescue Me all rolled up into one.

I've never been a fan of the main actress,Julianna Margulies, of ER fame, but she made a believer out of me in the first episode. I thought her character was great and she did good.

Anyways, if you guys are interested in a serious legal drama, then you should give this a try... only one episode out at the moment. It's worth giving it a try. Any of you seen it already?

From executive producers Walon Green ("Law & Order," "Hill Street Blues"), Denis Leary ("Rescue Me," "The Job") and Jim Serpico ("Rescue Me," "The Job") and creator and co-executive producer Dave Erickson ("Murder in Greenwich") comes CANTERBURY'S LAW, a courtroom drama about a rebellious female defense attorney who's willing to bend the law in order to protect the wrongfully accused.

ELIZABETH CANTERBURY (Julianna Margulies) is a force of nature. An attorney on the rise, she puts her career on the line to take on risky and unpopular cases, even when they take a toll on her personal life. Elizabeth and her law professor husband, MATT FUREY (Aidan Quinn), haunted by the unsolved disappearance of their young son, struggle to distance themselves from the tragedy and put their relationship back together. But those goals become elusive whenever Elizabeth's work provides a stark reminder of the justice absent in their own lives.

At the office, Canterbury has surrounded herself with a brilliant crew of attorneys. RUSSELL KRAUSS (Ben Shenkman) was forced out of the Rhode Island Attorney General's Office when he went toe-to-toe with his morally bankrupt boss. His reputation tarnished, he turned to Canterbury, who was the only lawyer in Providence willing to take him in. Now Russell provides a much-needed voice of reason for Canterbury even when she doesn't want to hear it, his position of influence well-earned by their years of friendship.

CHESTER GRANT (Keith Robinson) and MOLLY McCONNELL (Trieste Kelly Dunn) are the associates rounding out Canterbury's legal team. Chester is a congressman's son who has turned his back on both his father and his father's politics. Headstrong and passionate, Molly is quick to take sides – even if she finds herself in the opposite corner from Canterbury.

Produced by Apostle in association with Sony Pictures Television, CANTERBURY'S LAW, whose pilot was written by Erickson and directed by Mike Figgis ("Leaving Las Vegas," "Cold Creek Manor"), introduces an attorney like no other: one whose professional and personal battles are equally vivid; and whose strengths and vices, victories and demons, all combine to serve those in need of justice.
http://fox.com/canterburyslaw/showinfo/

Assassin
Sat, 03-15-2008, 02:44 AM
Im usually not a fan of legal dramas. But earlier tonite there was a commercial for this show and apparently critics say "its House in stiletto heels".

If its comparable to House, even if by only a fraction, its worth checking out i think. I'll give it a try after i dl smallville and reaper.

Munsu
Sat, 03-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Im usually not a fan of legal dramas.

For the most part, I'm not a fan of them either... but there are a couple that are quite good that you might want to give a try. Boston Legal is simply hilarious... one of the funniest dramas around; and the other one would be Damages with Glenn Close, which I haven't finished yet, but it's really good.

The comparison with House is that she pretty much does what she wants without regard to the law and rules... and she's quite bold with everyone. She also has a couple of underlings that she treats pretty much as House does his apprentices. But there's really no humor here, so don't go looking for that.