PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 393

Yukimura
Tue, 03-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Semi-Confirmed? Spoiler Summary (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26931&page=2)

I'm surprised, I don't remember anyone predicting something like that as how it might turn out, but now that I think about it this was probably the most plausible way.

Chiodos
Tue, 03-11-2008, 03:52 PM
"Zetsu sweats" xD! Omg.

Still, the puny idea having Sasuke's forhead poked at.. well, omg that too, really.
But I guess it's better than an even more streach out fight.

Uberbaka
Tue, 03-11-2008, 04:04 PM
So now what? Sasuke eats his eyes and achieves superpowers? *wishes this chapter was longer*

Atheist
Tue, 03-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I hope this is complete bullshit, but I'm afraid it's not :(

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 03-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I think that it could be legit. Kind of reminds me of when Sasuke was younger and when Itachi would call him over just to tap him on the forehead. I think that they are making a reference to that.

Yukimura
Tue, 03-11-2008, 11:28 PM
I must agree with imbtd, though that reference is ridiculously old. If I hadn't recently seen it on the US dub airing I would have completely forgotten about that habit of Itachi's. If that's how the fight ends it's sort of lame, but hey, this is how Garaa vs Kimmimaru ended too so it's not like it's unprecedented. Countering your opponent until they exhaust themselves is a legitimate strategy too.

joker-kun
Wed, 03-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Semi-Confirmed? Spoiler Summary (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26931&page=2)

I'm surprised, I don't remember anyone predicting something like that as how it might turn out, but now that I think about it this was probably the most plausible way.

Assertn and I briefly discussed that possibility on IRC the one day... although I admit I mostly mentioned it out of sarcasm. I doubt Assertn even remembers.

boilerph
Wed, 03-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Seems Oro wasn't done for. Sounds like the poison that his white snake form releases is what did in Itachi. Now we're going to some long explanation about how whatever Itachi's sword seals away is actually sealed inside him or something along those lines.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Seems Oro wasn't done for. Sounds like the poison that his white snake form releases is what did in Itachi. Now we're going to some long explanation about how whatever Itachi's sword seals away is actually sealed inside him or something along those lines.

Either that or some other explanation that says that Sasuke didn't win this fight completely on his own merit. I'd be immensely annoyed otherwise.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 03-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I must agree with imbtd, though that reference is ridiculously old. If I hadn't recently seen it on the US dub airing I would have completely forgotten about that habit of Itachi's. If that's how the fight ends it's sort of lame, but hey, this is how Garaa vs Kimmimaru ended too so it's not like it's unprecedented. Countering your opponent until they exhaust themselves is a legitimate strategy too.

From the looks of the spoiler pics, I was right for once. Looks like Itachi just kind of taps him on the forehead like he used to do. Kind of funny how they were able to get that back in there within the context of him trying to steal his brothers' eyes. Nice tie-in I would say.

conquistaDan
Wed, 03-12-2008, 11:00 PM
From the looks of the spoiler pics, I was right for once. Looks like Itachi just kind of taps him on the forehead like he used to do. Kind of funny how they were able to get that back in there within the context of him trying to steal his brothers' eyes. Nice tie-in I would say.

I wouldn't!! This blows. It makes me think Itachi only did this to get his little brother calculated to how good he thought he could get. Which totally sucks donkey dong. Because now Sasuke's path will be all fucked up unless he takes his brothers coat (which obviously won't happen) or if he goes back team Kakashi and konoha faithfully theres a good chance he won't like his welcome. Or won't go back there to begin with. Unless, of course, Naruto comes to save him afterwards. And convince him that he needs to comeback.

Chiodos
Thu, 03-13-2008, 12:23 AM
In the Spoiler thingy, was it stated that Itachi even died? To me, it felt he just poked Sasukes forhead and then just collapsed.

And what's with the white snake thingy? Sasuke now became a Hawk?

Assertn
Thu, 03-13-2008, 01:04 PM
So itachi collapsed from what? Blindness? How does losing his vision result in that type of conclusion? Maybe walking 10 feet with susano activated exhausted him?

FullMetalAlchemist
Thu, 03-13-2008, 01:45 PM
So itachi collapsed from what? Blindness? How does losing his vision result in that type of conclusion? Maybe walking 10 feet with susano activated exhausted him?

He is just probably over exausted after useing MS and it's techniques so much. I'm still wondering what's the whole snake thing about more Ore not dying crap, the guy just doesn't stay down if indeed the white snakes have something to do with him. I actually like the tap to sasuke's forehead thing it's a nice addition in my opinion.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 03-13-2008, 03:58 PM

I seriously doubt the use of MS causes JUST blindness, even if they never specifically said it causes anything else. I mean, he's been bleeding from his eyes. Plus zetsu said something about Susano being cast at a high risk. There's plenty of unexplained BS that may account for this collapse.

darkmetal505
Thu, 03-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I bet the sheer exhaustion from using that much chakra must be intense. Naruto fainted after recovering from the 4-tails right? Both brothers seem dead tired now.

Itachi must have really wanted those eyes =/

Y
Thu, 03-13-2008, 10:11 PM

Isn't it that Itachi used Susano`o when he had no chakra left for techniques?

poopdeville
Thu, 03-13-2008, 10:57 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/393/

Carnage
Thu, 03-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I dont see how the snake could have poisened Itachi when it was Oro's soul that was absorbed. Although Oro will probably somehow pop out of that snake thats lying on the ground. There's probably some other side effect of the Mangyekou that Kishi hasn't explained yet. But man, Itachi wanting to take those eyes out slowly was really out of character (just like his spaztic moment a couple of chapters back).

deadlydreamx
Thu, 03-13-2008, 11:33 PM
http://mangashare.com/dl/Naruto_393/470/

Rikudo
Thu, 03-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Oooh, I get the feeling the white snake will take over either one of the body. The question is which one?
Also, for some reason, I like the way the battle ended. To me, it seems like Itachi is trying to tell Sasuke something only an Uchiha will understand yet he doesn't want to use words. Maybe, Itachi is aware that Zetsu is around.

Assertn
Fri, 03-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Isn't it that Itachi used Susano`o when he had no chakra left for techniques?
Did they actually state that Itachi was out of chakra? I only remember Itachi saying Sasuke was

Sidnne
Fri, 03-14-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm really left speechless from this chapter. I just don't know what to think of it.

Could it be that Itachi was just testing Sasuke afterall?

DayoftheDante
Fri, 03-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Didn't like this.

It diminishes the sense of accomplishment Sasuke would have gotten from killing Itachi outright, and he had no other objective. I would feel like total shit. I would have been happier if Sasuke had killed Itachi but then died of his wounds shortly after.

When Itachi was first introduced and we learned what he'd done, we didn't understand his motives. Now, here at what appears to be the end, we don't understand his motives. We might never get closure on this, but a dumber outcome would be the discovery of some kind of suicide note written by Itachi. Even worse would be a monologue from Sasuke about "Now I understand." I think a letter to Sasuke would suuuuuuck and would be totally out of character for Itachi.

Uberbaka
Fri, 03-14-2008, 05:34 AM
To be honest it's a bit hard to know exactly what is in Itachis character anymore... Seeing as everyone has been speculating his intentions all along without a real answer.

I fear a Oro revival from the snake =[

And having read the chapter, seeing him collapse isn't exactly any kind of surprise.

Chiodos
Fri, 03-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Hahahah...

Maybe the EMS has the abiltiy to controll other Sharingans, lol.
Itachi, who knew this, bravely fought the evil thing in his mind, to test Sasuke so he can avenge he and his family. Thus with the on and on that HES evil making Sasuke putting more effort in it.

If Madara could controll the Kuyuubi, why not randomly controll anything else?

Abdula
Fri, 03-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Didn't like this.

It diminishes the sense of accomplishment Sasuke would have gotten from killing Itachi outright, and he had no other objective. I would feel like total shit. I would have been happier if Sasuke had killed Itachi but then died of his wounds shortly after.

When Itachi was first introduced and we learned what he'd done, we didn't understand his motives. Now, here at what appears to be the end, we don't understand his motives. We might never get closure on this, but a dumber outcome would be the discovery of some kind of suicide note written by Itachi. Even worse would be a monologue from Sasuke about "Now I understand." I think a letter to Sasuke would suuuuuuck and would be totally out of character for Itachi.

I agree Sasuke certainly can't have any sense of vindication after this victory much like his victories against Deidara and Oro.

Yeah the tap on the forehead was a nice tie in and everything but this battle has just been endlessly disappointing. After Sasuke defeated the other MS techniques Itachi pulls out his trump card and with victory in hand he just keels over, I mean of all the ways I thought Kishi would come up with for Sasuke to walk away from this battle I didn't think he would simply just make Itachi fall on his back. This explanation better be serious because for such an epic battle that has been setup since the beginning of the series this is an utter disappointment.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 03-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, there's no in way in hell I'd be expecting Sasuke to have a decisive victory over Itachi. No way. This is as indicisive as it can get without there being no winner. What's bothering me here also, is that Sasuke has back to back victories over two akatsuki's, and in one day's bed time, he'll be up and running again at full force. These fights cost him next to nothing in the long run. And also, while there might be some doubt as to Itachi's motives, yet again, it just might be that, he knew he was dying and had lost, and that touch to the forehead is his way of telling Sasuke that he's proud of him. We still need some explanation as to just what killed him though.

joker-kun
Fri, 03-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Did Itachi say something to Sasuke before he poked him in the head? (something we won't find out till later obviously).
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/393/13/

Wonder what it was (if he said something).

DB_Hunter
Fri, 03-14-2008, 05:27 PM
If Oro returns from the snake then the story officially sucks. I mean come on! There has to be a limit to the number of times that guy can be resurrected.... if he is so damn tough to kill he might as well forget about the Sharingan and keep jumping from one "normal" body to another, until he learns all the jutsus he wants. Its not as if though somone is going to be able to stop him or anything is it?

SilentSnake
Fri, 03-14-2008, 06:57 PM
that's it? Sasuke will now cut Itachi's head off and make a necklace out of it or sth? head poke was a nice thing but it's hardly fit as Itachi's ending...:S

Sasuke didn't even do jack shit with Susanou, it just got mysteriously owned with no reason at all, just like all the other MS jutsus...

So...
Tsukuyomi gives you a small dimension where you control EVERYTHING but it can be broken by emo sharinganer.

Amaterasu is an unavoidable attack that can be, in fact, avoided.

Susanou is basically invincible but makes you lose consciousness in a crucial moment :D

MS sucks, Itachi didn't want EMS cause he feared it would suck even more, he just wanted Sasuke's eye to compensate for the MS usage :p

deadlydreamx
Fri, 03-14-2008, 08:35 PM
hmm wait a minute... if tsukuyomi, amaterasu, and susanou do that... then what the hell does kakashi have?

Assassin
Fri, 03-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I bet each mangekyou has different techniques that are a result of the users personalities or something.

Konohamaru
Sat, 03-15-2008, 01:46 PM
I bet Oro will sneak into Itachi's or Sasukes body whilst they're still in a vulnerable state. Perhaps and here's hoping that Zetsu will prevent that from happening.

Raven
Sat, 03-15-2008, 09:49 PM
The way the chapter ended, "Sasuke's Victory?" with a question mark suggest to me it might not be over. But if it is, and Itachi is in fact done and dusted, then I think this is the best possible outcome. Itachi lumbering towards Sasuke who is utterly defenseless with a terrified look on his face, only for Itachi to collapse with no Sasuke assistance. If Itachi has to go, I like this way.

I wouldn't have been happy if it were roles reversed.

Tobydelaroka
Sun, 03-16-2008, 03:25 AM
Aww fuck! whos going to kill sasuke now?
Come on! just kill sasuke already! geez.
Ohhh btw.. does Itachi did the same thing he used to do to sasuke when he was a little kid? I mean poke his forehead.
I sense another twist!

DB_Hunter
Sun, 03-16-2008, 07:21 AM
How's this for a twist. That poke is a coded message for Sasuke to realise that Itachi has been acting all along. Upon this realisation, Sasuke then proceeds to fight the snake/what remains of Oro to save Itachi.

poopdeville
Sun, 03-16-2008, 12:09 PM
How's this for a twist. That poke is a coded message for Sasuke to realise that Itachi has been acting all along. Upon this realisation, Sasuke then proceeds to fight the snake/what remains of Oro to save Itachi.

If the poke means anything, it's that Itachi still thinks Sasuke is weak. The poke was always a symbol for plucking out Sasuke's eyes once Sasuke is strong enough and has the Magnekyou Sharingan. Yes, this makes those early chapters more fucked up.

Assertn
Sun, 03-16-2008, 02:09 PM
If the poke means anything, it's that Itachi still thinks Sasuke is weak. The poke was always a symbol for plucking out Sasuke's eyes once Sasuke is strong enough and has the Magnekyou Sharingan. Yes, this makes those early chapters more fucked up.
Haha....so as the older brother collapses onto the ground after a long battle with his little brother, he makes one final gesture to assure Sasuke that, just because he won, he is still no match for him.

Scarface
Sun, 03-16-2008, 06:13 PM
i hope its a fake itachi like the one naruto,kekaishi,sakura,and sand granny came across he shouldnt lose yet maybe after another time jump sasuke's still a kid with no ms

Sidnne
Sun, 03-16-2008, 06:43 PM
i hope its a fake itachi like the one naruto,kekaishi,sakura,and sand granny came across he shouldnt lose yet maybe after another time jump sasuke's still a kid with no ms

Aren't you tired of seeing someone get defeated only to have Kishi cop-out and pull the clone card yet?

toonice714
Sun, 03-16-2008, 09:17 PM
You know what would really be funny? If all this was still itachi's tsukiyomi. lol

Anyways this chapter did have a point, if you look at sasuke he doesnt have cs mode anymore they said it was removed. check it out if you missed it. it says that susano'o removed the snake, then poof no more cursed seal.

Abdula
Sun, 03-16-2008, 10:11 PM
I highly doubt his curse seal is gone Zetsu said Suano'o removed the snake that being Oro he didn't say anything about the Curse Seal and Sasuke had already stopped using the curse seal because there simply isn't anymore chakra to draw out, he can't even use Sharingan atm.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 03-16-2008, 10:26 PM
I want to know what the Snake crawling out at the end is all about....

Abdula
Sun, 03-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Probably just you know who looking for a host.

Chiodos
Mon, 03-17-2008, 01:39 PM
There is a chance that he takes over Itachi, only to switch later on to Kabutoro.

Orobitchimaru. Or something similiar.

Assertn
Mon, 03-17-2008, 02:03 PM
That would be the biggest waste of 2 months in Naruto history...

DB_Hunter
Tue, 03-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah, but then it would be lame if Oro is still in that snake.

conquistaDan
Wed, 03-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah it would. Big time. I think that he needs to be taken out by now. I at least hope that he doesn't come back in his own way again through a snake or something. If he does Kabuto should be made hella strong from him and merge or something like that. It would be awesome that way. I personally want him out of the series for good though. I've had enough of him already. I think everyone has.

Idealistic
Wed, 03-19-2008, 07:13 PM
I personally want him out of the series for good though. I've had enough of him already. I think everyone has.

The fact that he supposedly died or lost so easily, makes me want more of him.

Abdula
Wed, 03-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Why would anyone want Oro gone I thought his death would have been necessary for Sasuke to achieve his goals or what have you but apparently it wasn't so why should he go away now.

Uberbaka
Wed, 03-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Because the more people who die, the closer we get to Naruto ending.

That might sound odd.. don't get me wrong, I really quite enjoy Naruto.. (And have been since before I joined the forums (check my join date)) But it has to end sooner or later rather than drag it out? And the sooner the manga ends the less fillers the anime has to endure.

Besides Oro has Kabutoro, which I feel is more than enough for his character to live on..

Abdula
Wed, 03-19-2008, 10:52 PM
I get what you're saying but more people don't necessarily have to die for Naruto to end and I doubt we're anywhere near the end of Naruto, Kishi could draw this out almost indefinitely if he wanted to.

Anyway I personally love Oro's character and its only lately that he has began impressing me and finally living up to his Immortal moniker, so I don't want the fun to end just yet. Hell he doesn't even have to do anything just the fact that there is this menacing evil presence hanging around is foreboding enough.

toonice714
Thu, 03-20-2008, 09:33 AM
I highly doubt his curse seal is gone Zetsu said Suano'o removed the snake that being Oro he didn't say anything about the Curse Seal and Sasuke had already stopped using the curse seal because there simply isn't anymore chakra to draw out, he can't even use Sharingan atm.

but the chapter says that itachi's tech. ripped the snake from him. then you see where the cursed seal was and there are a buncha snakes comin out of it then there is no cursed seal on his neck/shoulder anymore. it says it in the first two pages

Sidnne
Thu, 03-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Anyway I personally love Oro's character and its only lately that he has began impressing me and finally living up to his Immortal moniker, so I don't want the fun to end just yet. Hell he doesn't even have to do anything just the fact that there is this menacing evil presence hanging around is foreboding enough.

I completely agree with that. Your last sentence sums up what I love about Oro. I didn't like him early on, but he has grown into that ever-present evil villain that the good guys always have to account for. He is the Megatron/Mumra/Cobra Commander of Naruto.

The series wouldn't be the same without him. I can't understand why anyone would want him gone.

Chiodos
Fri, 03-21-2008, 08:48 AM
In the end, re-using a character that they've done with Orochimaru tires you out a little. Thus, many just want him stay dead.

GurrenLagann
Fri, 03-21-2008, 06:11 PM
You know this is what i think about the snake thing... They are a symbolism they probably symbolize the struggle sasuke had to endure all these years we see the snakes being burnt off also signify the end of that struggle and the accomplishment of his revenge...then again i could be giving Kishimoto too much credit for this. Also ABOUT TIME SHINO GOT TO DO SOMETHING

Sapphire
Thu, 04-10-2008, 07:21 PM
I nearly cried at the whole "Itachi poking Sasuke" thing. I didn't really care for the fight so I stopped reading it, but that gesture is somewhat moving to me. (RIP Itachi! <3333)

Also I don't really care about Sasuke's sense of acomplishment, though I do wonder what will happen next.