PDA

View Full Version : Movie: The Bank Job

Animeniax
Thu, 03-06-2008, 10:22 AM
New movie with Jason Statham. I expect it will be a movie about some guy's job at a bank. Might be kind of boring.

XanBcoo
Thu, 03-06-2008, 05:25 PM
So what...this is like Snatch meets Ocean's Eleven?

That's a pretty promising combination. I'll probably see this if I get the chance.

Sapphire
Thu, 03-06-2008, 06:59 PM
A car dealer with a dodgy past and new family, Terry has always avoided major-league scams. But when Martine, a beautiful model from his old neighborhood, offers him a lead on a foolproof bank hit on London's Baker Street, Terry recognizes the opportunity of a lifetime. Martine targets a roomful of safe deposit boxes worth millions in cash and jewelry. But Terry and his crew don't realize the boxes also contain a treasure trove of dirty secrets - secrets that will thrust them into a deadly web of corruption and illicit scandal that spans London's criminal underworld, the highest echelons of the British government, and the Royal Family itself.

Looks like a good trailer, but ok movie, unless they have an awesome director.

Animeniax
Thu, 03-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Yep, looks like a British caper movie with a twist. Should be lots of guns, some high-flying martial arts action, and plenty of dry British wit.

rockmanj
Thu, 03-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Actually, I heard there isn't that much fighting, and that Stratham only has a single fight scene. But Ive heard its a good story, and based on an actual heist.

Sapphire
Fri, 03-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Trailer. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200465/trailers-screenplay-E38175-314)

WAIT WHAT? This looks like what Ocean's Eleven did three times....

Assassin
Fri, 03-07-2008, 11:48 PM
ya that trailer, and especially the music is very reminiscent of oceans eleven. And while the oceans series was absolutely awesome, i have a feeling this movie will be disappointing....i dont think they'll be able to pull off a heist movie properly. Maybe thats just cuz i can't see jason statham and these other no name actors as being talented enough to do it right. I never really liked that guy...majority of his movies are mindless action flicks.

Then again, if this is a purely british movie, then there mite be some hope. i'll wait and see.

rockmanj
Sat, 03-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Hopefully they're marketing it like that because people are familiar with the Ocean's series, and not because its a similar film. Im sure you all can understand how marketing people would do something like that. They think people aren't prepared for new things most of the time.

Animeniax
Sat, 03-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Happily I have not seen any of the Ocean series, so I should enjoy this movie more since the cynic that I am won't be able to compare ideas and scenes between the movies.

Sapphire
Sat, 03-08-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't think it's healthy for a movie to try to be similar to another major movie so soon..

Splash!
Sat, 03-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I saw this yesterday and I loved it. It was nothing like the Ocean's series. They tried to do something very different it.The movie has 2 halfs to it. Watching the first half, it seems like it's a light comedy, but at the beginning of the second half it turns quite serious and even a little twisted. Its based on a true story.

I wont say anything else because it is totally worth watching yourself.