05 - Crayon Shin-chan - 8.9
06 - Doraemon - 8.5
07 - Detective Conan - 8.2
08 - Gegege no Kitaro - 8.0
09 - Yes! Precure 5 - 6.9
10 - Anime Major - 5.3

Source: Video Research (Kanto region)
Then I searched for the Top3

As I thought, our western view of anime is quite distorted from Japanese view.
Sazae-san is almost no where to be found on the internet.
You get one ep or two here and there, sometimes from a long time ago.
Considering it has been airing ever since 1969 it's quite strange.

I think it may come from the fact this show is too comon or whatever. But it has been popular for so long, and still is... so It interrests me as something that is entertaining to many people living in Japan. A show that almost everyone knows there.

For 2 and 3 the story is the same, difficult to find material. Although for 3 the show is being re-aired which may help finding material in the future.

I wonder what folks @ gotwoot think of these shows, if they have knowledge they would share here.

Thanks a lot

Edit:
I've been watching Yatterman Ep1
Not my thing really, it's a remake from the original series. Quite
normal I guess since the original one was more than vintage.

Sapphire
Sun, 03-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I never bother looking at that anymore. The top stuff is usually kid's shows like Doraemon.

Board of Command
Sun, 03-02-2008, 01:14 PM
The only ones on that list that I've even heard of are One Piece, Conan, Doraemon and Crayon Shin-chan.

David75
Sun, 03-02-2008, 02:08 PM
The only ones on that list that I've even heard of are One Piece, Conan, Doraemon and Crayon Shin-chan.

I had the same reaction.
That's why I wanted to share too.
I was just amazed a show could be so old (1969!)

It out of pure curiosity I'm searching for these titles, they show something from there.
Even if what I get isn't interresting to me in terms of anime, it's still interresting to know what is watched by a lot of people.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Even if what I get isn't interesting to me in terms of anime, it's still interesting to know what is watched by a lot of people.
1. Adults begin to watch the series in 1969.
2. Their children begin watching the series with them.
3. Their children begin watching the series.

A large enough quantity of 1-3 are still watching the series, for nostalgia, or dedication. These shows are appropriate for all ages, and have no real plots. They can easily continue forever, and thus far, have.

Doremon's voice actor passed away (or maybe just retired at like, 80) and there was quite the scramble to find an appropriate sound alike. The "New Voice for Doremon" story was on most anime news sites.

Everon
Mon, 03-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Reminds me of my collection of Loony Tunes videos.