PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Spring 2008

Dark Dragon
Sun, 03-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Click (http://iamundercover.wordpress.com/2008/02/29/anime-preview-spring-2008/)

To-Love-Ru and Kure-nai should be entertaining at the very least since the manga are quite good. There are a few others that pique my interest such as Vampire Knight (wow vampire anime seems to be more common these days). Ultimately the series i am excited for is Code Geass since i for one am finally ready to continue from the cliffhanger.

Board of Command
Sun, 03-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Still no Haruhi second season... :(

Sapphire
Sun, 03-02-2008, 01:35 AM
No Kaze no Stigma, Darker than Black, Denno Coil, Air Gear, Tenjou Tenge, etc. :(

I HOPE THERE IS SUM KEKKEISHIII

All of them look pretty cool. I shall put 'em on my to watch list and watch them with the season completes.

Idealistic
Sun, 03-02-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm interested in Tower of Druaga. I never heard of the game, but it sitll sounds cool.

Sapphire
Sun, 03-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Oh hey, they are making an anime version of It Started with a Kiss. I saw the Chinese L-A and I watched like... 2 eps.. It should make a great anime.

SamuraiOdin
Sun, 03-02-2008, 02:44 AM
Hmm, the ones that sounded interesting to me: Monochrome Factor, Nabari no Ou, Soul Eater, Vampire Knight and Wagaya no Oinari-sama

MFauli
Sun, 03-02-2008, 06:04 AM
Me, what a crappy season.
What´s with all these sicfi-anime?!

Where are my long adventure-anime with nice characters, a lot of friendship and a bit of magic? :-(

Well, so far, only Code Geass season 2 for me.

Everon
Sun, 03-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Wow, lots of Nekkomimi and Kitsumimi anime :P

Nice to see Code Geass and Xxxholic is back.

I like cyber-punk, so RD Sennou Chousashitsu and Macross Frontier looks interesting.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Hmm, I read a lot of the manga for these series. I'm surprised to see so many shoujo series this season.

Code Geass R2 - A given.

To-Luv-Ru - Reading this one. Should be a solid light-hearted ecchi series for this season. Some of the roles seemed like a miscast, so I'm interested to see how they play them.

Kanokon - Read a little of this one too. I enjoyed it so far, so I'll probably be picking this one up. Good cast one this one too. Ayako Kawasumi, Mamiko Noto for those who like her standard Yakumo voice, Chiwa Saito, and a few others.

RD Sennou Chousashitsu - Cyberpunk, and Production IG no less? A must watch.

Soul Eater - Read some of this too. Reminded of a S.S. Bleach and ninja academy-era Naruto cross with a "Tim Burton does shonen" art style series. I might give it a shot too.

Itazura na Kiss - I second Sapphire's opinion. This is really good shoujo, and I may actually give it a try since the manga was dropped by the scanners. Nana Mizuki as the heroine is a plus too, and Daisuke Hirakawa (better known as Makoto from School Days) plays the male lead. Could be really interesting.

----------------
I might give Kure-nai and xxxHolic: Kei a try, but the last season of xxxHolic kind of sucked animation and story wise. I love the manga, but the anime totally fell flat. Sayaka Ohara is a perfect Yuko, but that can only do so much with boring, anime original content.

Not that I will watch them, content with just reading the manga, but if you like shoujo, these will be good watches:

Vampire Knight - This is one of those series that makes fangirls scream all the time, non stop, at Cons I have never gone to and never will. Vampires, delicate, pretty boys that all look identical (aside from hair shades), and lots of drama.

S.A. - A fun, light hearted romance series. A bit episodic at first, but it definitely has it's own charm.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm gonna wait for a preview batch torrent to come up before I make some choices, but three definites would be Macross Frontier, CG R2 and possible Kyou Kara Maou.

Sapphire
Sat, 03-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Where are my long adventure-anime with nice characters, a lot of friendship and a bit of magic? :-(

You mean like Kekkaishi? *Cries in mourning*

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Promotion material torrent is out!!

torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=14765)

Also, a good info (http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008/03/31/spring-2008-preview/) on most shows out this season, by http://randomc.animeblogger.net

KrayZ33
Tue, 04-01-2008, 01:58 AM
The Tower of Druaga: The Aegis of Uruk

*giiiinnng* Gilgamesh INCOMMIIIIING

at least i hope so since he was the king of Uruk ^^

i don't know what to think of it though... looks pretty good, nice fighting with swords huge plate armors, bows and so on..
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=y7q_Df5T0Pw

well but otherwise...it seems like a pretty lame spring :(... except macross frontier and code geass of course.

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-01-2008, 04:43 AM
I don't know about it being a lame spring...Soul Eater just went from my possibles list to a definite watch. The unique art style of the manga appears to be preserved, BONES is doing the production (Eureka 7, Ouran, FMA, RahXephon) so you know the animation will not only stay high quality, it won't diverge from the particular style of the series. The cast is a good mix of newcomers and tested talent, which is another plus.

I haven't seen a staple shonen series I wanted to see this much in years. Watch the PVs for it from Buffalobiian's link.

Takuma
Tue, 04-01-2008, 10:43 AM
As of right now the only shows I'm sure that I'm going to watch are Code Geass and Macross Frontier. Code geass season 1 was awesome the then first episode for Macross frontier was amazeing.

Yukimura
Tue, 04-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Obviously
Geass
Macross

Probably
Crystal Blaze
Kanokon
RD Sennou Chousashitsu
Tower of Druaga (might even check out the cooperate subs)

Maybe
Soul Eater
Amatsuki
Nijuu Mensou no Musume

Sapphire
Thu, 04-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Another article featuring Recent and Upcoming Anime (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime/upcoming/tv)

Board of Command
Thu, 04-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Chiko, Heiress of the Phantom Thief - Starring Hirano Aya and produced by BONES. I'm definitely picking this up.

Blade of the Immortal - Folks on Gotwoot have high opinions of this, so I'm obligated to check it out at least.

Munsu
Thu, 04-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, I've been looking around... and these guys look of interest to me:

Amatsuki (I read the manga, nothing great or mind blowing, but I liked the animation and the violence it showed in the PV)
Crystal Blaze
Kurenai
Macross Frontier
Monochrome Factor
Nabari no Ou (Read a bit of the manga, should be entertaining if the action is well handled)
Nijuu Mensou no Musume
RD Sennou Chousashitsu
Soul Eater
The Tower of Dragua
Blade of the Immortal
Library War
Golgo 13 TV (I've always been interested in the movies)
Himitsu: Top Secret
Vampire Knight (Maybe)

In all, I think this season is much more promising to me than the past ones... I think it'll bring me back to watching some, because I haven't been doing much of it lately.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 04-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Whoa a Blade of the Immortal anime

That caught me off-guard since i haven't heard anything about it and the manga was excellent so lets hope the transition to anime doesn't screw anything up.

Munsu
Sun, 05-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Just to update on some of my impressions of what I've seen so far this season:

Amatsuki: Watched 3 episodes so far, and I think the anime is doing a good job so far adapting the manga. What little action the anime has shown so far, it has been nicely animated in my opinion. Not much as far as story/plot has been introduced yet, but I expect it to pick up soon.

Kurenai: One of the best series this season in my opinion. Wasn't expecting much from it, but it has really surprised me. Some decent action scenes here and there, great character interaction, and plenty of likable characters. It has a feel to Aishiteruze Baby, but with action and mystery.

Nabari no Ou: So far its weakest link is the dull characters it has. But the story is getting progressively better and the action has been quite good so far, especially on episode 3. I think a couple of you here would enjoy a bit of ninja action.

Chiki, Heiress of the Phantom Thief - The Daughter of Twenty Faces: This has been a great series so far. Don't know how to explain it, but I think the characters are nice and it has a good combination of plot progression, character development, and episodic missions.

Soul Eater: Surely one of my favorite this season. Much better than I expected, great action, great art, fun characters, good comedy... it really has a little bit of everything, and something that probably most here would enjoy.

The Tower of Druaga -the Aegis of Uruk-: I'm enjoying this series so far, but I think it could be better if it stucked to progressing the plot and surrounding it with action. Some nice characters in this one, but it seems to get distracted at times for the sake of parody and comedy, which isn't really what I'm looking for. Many enjoy those types of thing, and so far it has been a nice series regardless. I think it'll get better later on though, I think the RPG nature and the fantasy elements could be good.

Library War: This is probably my favorite this season, and I'd say it's like a mix of Pumpkin Scissors and Nodame Cantabile. Overall fun episodes, great character interactions, and a fun atmosphere... but it also has some decent action scenes.

Himitsu: Top Secret: Saw the first episode, found it dull and boring. Won't watch it.

Vampire Knight: It's alright I guess, but this is not my type of anime, so can't really say much. Not a fan of the bishounen shit.

Kaiba: Certainly another of my favorites this season. Sadly none of you guys are watching. Very unique animation, and that's probably what's throwing you guys off it. But it's an anime targeted at adults, with mature themes, and can be quite thought provoking. Plenty of action so far, and the anime can be quite disturbing in some ways; hence it being targeted to adults. Plot seems interesting so far, and the soundtrack is amazing so far.

Allison and Lillia: I guess this is decent so far. Many here have liked it and I have to say the airplane fights are very good. Aside from that, nothing really special here in my opinion, but at the moment we don't know where it's going as the first arc finished sooner than we all expected.

Wagaya no Oinari-sama: It showed some promise to me in the beginning, but then it showed it's true nature turning into quite a dumb series in my opinion. I'm sure a couple of people here can find this to be a fun series, but nothing I would recommend.

Series that I plan to watch, look good, but haven't done so yet:

Real Drive: RD Sennou Chousashitsu
Golgo 13 TV
Macross Frontier
Kamen no Maid Guy

animus
Sun, 05-04-2008, 08:45 AM
No Code Geass?! =(

Munsu
Sun, 05-04-2008, 08:57 AM
No Code Geass?! =(
When I finish season one, I'm still on episode 24 or so. Will batch watch it in a couple of weeks, not really in the mood for some mecha at the moment. But to me it's really a continuation of a series, so I wouldn't have felt the need to elaborate regardless.