PDA

View Full Version : Game: Persona 3 FES

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-18-2008, 07:27 PM
The original Persona 3 was released in august/september 2007.
Around the same time, an expanded version was released on Japan... Persona 3 FES.

FES, among other things includes:
- 30 Hours of new Story
- New personas (20+)
- New quests (40+)
- A new Social Link
- New cutscenes
- Alternate Customes
- Hard Mode

In December 2007, Persona 3 got out of production.

Persona 3 won the Best RPG title on many sites, while the Runnerup on others.

Today, a countdown has appeared on Atlus.com. The image that appears on such countdown comes from 'Second 54' of the Introduction Video of Persona 3.

Thus... although still unconfirmed... it seems we are getting, for the first time (since I can't recall an 'expanded' game ever released here (FF Internation, KH FM, etc) an expanded game of one which has been already released (The Star Ocean 3 that we got was the 'expanded version' of Japan, but we never saw the 'original one')

Thoughts for those Persona 3 fans here? I know there are some, even though we never had a Persona 3 thread.

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-25-2008, 10:00 AM
For those that may care (since no one answered)

Its official. Persona 3 FES will be released on April 22, 2008 in english.

Full version, no ownership of Persona 3 needed. For 29.99.

http://atlus.com/newsdetail.php?newsID=236

From the Forum Admin at Atlus Forums
1. What is Persona 3 FES?

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES is an enhanced edition of the dating sim/dungeon crawler entry in the Persona series, which originally came out in the U.S. in August 2007. It was created by Atlus Japan as an extra for fans of the first game, since the reception was so positive both here and overseas.

2. What's new in FES?

Persona 3 FES is divided into two parts. The first and longest part is The Journey, which consists of an enhanced version of the same game previously released. The enhancements include a new Hard Mode selectable from the start, new Personas, a new Social Link with new Arcana, new classroom pop quizzes, a new Weapon Fusion system, over 50 new requests from Elizabeth, new nighttime events with Koromaru, and a few secrets as well.

The second part is The Answer, an entirely new chapter in Persona 3 that deals with the events after The Journey's ending. In The Answer, you play as Aigis to solve the mystery of "time skips" that have trapped the S.E.E.S. members in the same repeating day. The Answer gives players who have completed the Journey a formidable challenge: conquer hundreds of new floors filled with enemies and bosses harder than anything in The Journey's Hard Mode, and do it all without the benefit of The Journey's Persona compendium.

3. I heard there were two versions of FES in Japan. What's the difference between them?

As far as content goes, there was no difference between the Full and Append versions of P3 FES in Japan. Both contained the entirety of The Journey (known there as Episode Yourself) and The Answer (called Episode Aigis). The only difference was that the Append version was sold at a lower price, since it required players to insert a copy of the original Persona 3 before booting the enhanced game.

4. Which version are we getting here?

The only version being released in the U.S. on April 22 is the Full version of Persona 3 FES. It will contain all of the content in both The Journey and the Answer, and it will not require ownership of the original release of Persona 3.

5. How much is the Full version here?

Persona 3 FES will carry an MSRP of $29.99.

5a. I already own Persona 3 and I don't think it's fair that new players get to have FES for $29.99.

That's not really a question, but... Atlus USA does appreciate your support of the original version of P3, but multiple releases of the same game are unfeasible for various reasons in the U.S. For this reason, we have priced the sole version of FES at roughly what the Append disc would have cost. This way, players who already own the original release don't have to pay the same amount again for the extra content. In addition to having had the chance to experience Persona 3 much earlier than newcomers to the game, they will also have the Special Edition's art book and soundtrack, which will not be included in the release of P3 FES.

In addition, this pricing structure is increasingly the accepted method for enhanced re-releases. See also Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, Virtua Fighter 4 Remix, Ninja Gaiden Black, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, and so on, all of which were released at $19.99 or $29.99 price points.

7. Is the US version of Persona 3 FES censored in any way? I heard you might have to remove... that.

Longtime fans of the Shin Megami Tensei series will be happy to hear that P3 FES is completely uncensored, including... that, which appears in its full "glory" for the first time in the US in this game.

8. Can I continue my game of Persona 3 in Persona 3 FES?

Not really. The Journey section of P3 FES is meant to be played from the start so that you can experience all the new content. If you're in the middle of October in Persona 3, you cannot load that save into Persona 3 FES and pick up in the middle of October in The Journey; you must start a new game at level 1. However, you will be able to load some things from your Persona 3 save into FES. These are:

-Your Academics, Charm, and Courage rankings
-Your discovered Fusion Spells list
-Any key items you possess that unlock Persona fusions
-Your Persona compendium (However, the Personas in your compendium will be reset to their base level, stats, and skills)

darkshadow
Mon, 02-25-2008, 12:30 PM
nice, ive been wanting to play this game, guess ill wait a little longer.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Its here. Tomorrow it goes on sale.
Hopefully I'll have it this weekend on my hands. (Better work on finishing Crisis Core first)

Archangel
Sat, 04-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm thinking of downloading this but is it really that good? If you had to compare it to another rpg what would it be?

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Download?
Its only 30 dollars, do not be chearp =P

(Best RPG on most sites / magazines of last year)

Archangel
Sat, 04-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Portugal sucks dude :P It's unlikely we'll get the game around here and even if we do i'm sure it won't cost 30 bucks. i'm a huge rpg fan so i hope this will be worth the extra bandwidth cost :D

PS: Portugal ownz Spain

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Ok, now that is a good excuse.

Anyway... it is one of the best RPG's on the console... if not the best... sadly very few copies exist.

Archangel
Sat, 04-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Ok, now that is a good excuse.

Anyway... it is one of the best RPG's on the console... if not the best... sadly very few copies exist.

And that my friend is where the the hackers come in handy :D

I'm getting it as we speak which is incredibly retarded since i already failed my last exam and have so many more on the way :P

animus
Sat, 04-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Maybe I'll dust off my PS2 for this, I haven't touched it in over like 8 months.

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Just bought my copy. Will probably begin later today.