PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Jumper

itadakimasu
Sun, 02-17-2008, 12:10 PM
This was a great movie. I was reading alot of reviews that were saying it was blah.... and yada yada... but it was a good movie, i rarely enjoy new movies...

although i'm sure they will make a sequal soon, but yeah.. go see it.

rockmanj
Sun, 02-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Hmm..I was pretty underwhelmed by the whole thing.

Raven
Sun, 02-17-2008, 02:58 PM
It had a certain cool factor, but it was pretty generic, really. Nothing too exciting or shocking, and utterly predictable. But yeah, watchable and enjoyable. There's three books as far as I know, and this movie was based on the first, so there's potential for sequels. I guess it depends how well this one does.

I chuckled a bit at the whole Anakin vs Mace thing.

darkshadow
Sun, 02-17-2008, 04:00 PM
it was good, i liked it

Yukimura
Sun, 02-17-2008, 10:26 PM
An entertaining movie, but I just couldn't get behind the main character. I know his behavior makes perfect sense given his situation but he acted like a little kid the entire movie. To the very end he kept trying to avoid telling the girl the truth and just left her confused and stranded all over the place again and again. The key redeeming points of this movie were the English guy, and Samuel L. Jackson. The English guy was just funny and entertaining, while SLJ played a pretty good zealot and made me dislike him quite effectively. I wouldn't recommend paying full price to see this movie in a theater, though some of the FX were certainly worth it so matinée price didn't bother me that much.

The movie pretty much screamed sequel so hopefully there will be more of a story in that one.

Assassin
Tue, 02-19-2008, 02:15 AM
ya...as far as effects and mindless random action goes, the movie was decent. but there was no proper story line, no background on the characters, no character development.

they never explain how they can jump or how the paladins came to be, or how his mother was connected.....or what happened to the english guy after he was left in the war zone. it was like someone took a proper movie, cut out the intro and just presented the buildup-climax-semi conclusion.

itadakimasu
Tue, 02-19-2008, 09:00 AM
yeah.... smells like sequal, and somebody... i think raven said that there are 3 books and the movie was based mostly on the first.

i really liked the british guy, i liked how he was smart and a fighter.

rockmanj
Tue, 02-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Yea, Griffith did kick ass. Especially that trick that he used to build up momentum..

6Zabuza9
Fri, 02-22-2008, 02:32 AM
overall i enjoyed this movie. but the biggest question i have was wouldn't it be easier to kill both jumpers or paladins with guns? and i cant help but saying "i jumped" when my friends how i got to places

Munsu
Sat, 02-23-2008, 05:21 PM
I usually try to see the positive in movies, but I have to say that overall this was completely a bad movie from top to bottom. Sure a couple of entertaining action scenes here and there, but everything else sucked. The romantic portion of the movie, which took a huge portion of it was awful. The dialogue throughout the whole movie was awful. The main actor just completely sucks. There's really few positives in here, though a sequel might be more promising with the mother following him or something, but the movie as whole lacked direction...it seemed to lacked a good progression through the events. But above all I can't get my mind off the awful dialogue, it was complete garbage. Oh and did I mention that the dialogue sucked?

Sapphire
Sun, 02-24-2008, 08:54 AM
I personally didn't think it was a very good movie, but then I didn't exactly watch it in top quality if you know what I'm saying. The jumping part and graphics was pretty cool, sadly I think my favorite parts are when he jumps in the car, and the scottish/english dude. (And perhaps Samuel L. Jackson)

Well, it was better than the Covenant.. I'd watch the sequel.