PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 47

Buffalobiian
Thu, 02-14-2008, 08:46 PM
DB gets it out first this time.

torrent (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns047.torrent)

Assertn
Thu, 02-14-2008, 10:21 PM
didn't expect much from this episode....but really....nothing happened.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I thought it was a pretty tense episode. It's all buildup.

So Danzo is giving Oro the identities of all Tsunade's ANBU. Presumably so he can take them all out.

And Sai has some kind of secret Hit book. Full of pictures of guys it looks like he's already taken out.

I'm assuming the picture he was looking at is his next target. I though at first it was Sasuke or Oro or Kabuto, but then I remembered him asking to see everyone who was in the building, so he's probably after someone else.

saman
Fri, 02-15-2008, 12:48 AM
lol at sasuke acting like a spoiled, pampered princess

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 02-15-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm assuming the picture he was looking at is his next target. I though at first it was Sasuke or Oro or Kabuto, but then I remembered him asking to see everyone who was in the building, so he's probably after someone else.

Ya think it's his brother?

Abdula
Fri, 02-15-2008, 06:14 PM
His brother is dead. Sai's target has to be either Oro or Sasuke and I don't think he has what it takes to even bother either of them.

Jeff_from_MD
Fri, 02-15-2008, 11:26 PM
wow...they really played up the drama with the leader planting the seed on Sai's body and all.

And you know what I meant, you sickos.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-16-2008, 03:55 AM
His brother is dead. Sai's target has to be either Oro or Sasuke and I don't think he has what it takes to even bother either of them.I don't believe for a second that Sai's brother is dead. Though, I'm sure he thinks he is.

Xyrox
Sat, 02-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Ya think it's his brother?

I think there's a high possibility that Kabuto is Sai's brother.

Still, I wonder that Sai's "real" mission is. Could it be to kill Sasuke?

KrayZ33
Sat, 02-16-2008, 11:56 AM
for what reason?

there's nothing to gain from killing sasuke.

Abdula
Sat, 02-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Um well they don't want Oro to get the Uchiha's abilities and since Oro is immortal, they can't kill him, the only way to stop that from happening would be to kill Sasuke. Plausible is it not?

Uzumaki
Sat, 02-16-2008, 02:53 PM
They went through a big thing about not letting people get abilities that originate from Konoha during the Zabuza stuff. Would make sense that he needs to kill Sasuke as they know how usefull the Sharingan is, and in the hands of Orochimaru that's a deadly combination. Also, during episode 1 I remember when they found Sasuke, Sai was holding his katana out at him like they were in combat or he was just pointing him out to Naruto and co.

miyama_ryu
Sat, 02-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Um well they don't want Oro to get the Uchiha's abilities and since Oro is immortal, they can't kill him, the only way to stop that from happening would be to kill Sasuke. Plausible is it not?
If you already know what is going to happen, then PLEASE STOP PRETENDING TO REPLY AS IF YOU ARE GUESSING. Your supposed guesses are always right to the point of being spoilers. At least try to be vague or mix in some deliberate wrong guesses if you want to participate in the speculation conversation.

Archangel
Sat, 02-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Well im sorry but that sucked:

No real action except for the sasuke eye technique ownage on sai and again with the annoying flashbacks.

Also, i dont know if anyone noticed but the next episode will only air in 2 weeks and its not looking very promissing either.

Jeff_from_MD
Sat, 02-16-2008, 10:17 PM
If you already know what is going to happen, then PLEASE STOP PRETENDING TO REPLY AS IF YOU ARE GUESSING. Your supposed guesses are always right to the point of being spoilers. At least try to be vague or mix in some deliberate wrong guesses if you want to participate in the speculation conversation.

I agree. No manga prophesizing. It's as lame as spoiling, except you're also trying to look smart and take credit for it.

Assertn
Sun, 02-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Sasuke is a missing-nin, and Sai sees him as nothing more than a traitor.....

If the purpose of roots is to act in the shadows to protect Konoha (as it was implied by Sai's senpai), then going after Sasuke makes perfect sense.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-17-2008, 03:00 AM
I agree. To any logically thinking ninja(which Danzou supposedly is, coldly logical), Sasuke is a traitor to the village who joined Konoha's worst enemy willingly, not some friend who needs to be rescued.

To that end, any reasonable ninja leader would assassinate his ass.

Abdula
Sun, 02-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Wow, all the Abdula hatred. Sai seems to be konoha's version of a hunter nin and Sasuke is a rouge ninja. Ofcourse Sasuke himself isn't a threat to the village and they would much rather just eliminate Oro but he is immortal. So then the only logical thing you can do is to kill Sasuke you don't need to have read anything to come to that conclusion.

Even back when Sasuke first left the village there was talk amongst Tsunade and the elders of just killing Sasuke to prevent him from falling into Oro's hands. If Tsunade could think of it, although she didn't go through with that, then you know the cold logical militaristic mind of Danzo has atleast thought of it.

ASSpirine
Sun, 02-17-2008, 11:19 AM
I think there's a high possibility that Kabuto is Sai's brother.

Still, I wonder that Sai's "real" mission is. Could it be to kill Sasuke?

That's what I thought too, I only conluded that because of the hair colour of his brother in his drawing book. We'll see.

As a hunter-nin, shouldn't you be disguised with a mask? At least, that's what I thought. Never reveal your identity under any circumstances. Sasuk does seem like a logical target, but then again. Sai asked about the other members of the community... Next ep looks like another actionless ep, but with lots of interesting information.

But it's over two weeks...

KrayZ33
Sun, 02-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Wow, all the Abdula hatred. Sai seems to be konoha's version of a hunter nin and Sasuke is a rouge ninja. Ofcourse Sasuke himself isn't a threat to the village and they would much rather just eliminate Oro but he is immortal. So then the only logical thing you can do is to kill Sasuke you don't need to have read anything to come to that conclusion.

Even back when Sasuke first left the village there was talk amongst Tsunade and the elders of just killing Sasuke to prevent him from falling into Oro's hands. If Tsunade could think of it, although she didn't go through with that, then you know the cold logical militaristic mind of Danzo has atleast thought of it.

so danzo , the guy who sends out a single noob-anbu-ninja against Oro and Sasuke, is a logical minded person?

btw what is sai's book about? it looks like a bingo book, but why was he so "shocked" when he spotted someone in that book? it's not like that there is a single person in that hideout who is not known to be a missing-nin in konoha, so he doesn't have to confirm it and act so "freaked out"

Abdula
Sun, 02-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Thats what they say he is and I think so. Sending a group would have not only been too suspicious but they would have been easily spotted like Naruto and the others were. One person attempting to infiltrate any organization would always have higher chances of success than a group of people would. In any case I don't see Sai standing any chance against either Oro, Sasuke or Kabuto.

Sai freaked out when he heard someone coming in through the door it wasn't because of what he saw in the book.

KrayZ33
Sun, 02-17-2008, 12:09 PM
well thats because yamato wasn't supposed to fight oro or sasuke, but sasori's spy and that is why Sai can't possible be there to kill either oro or sasuke, because he couldn't know that they would appear.

this is just toooo weird to be planned.. the whole outcome of the fight between naruto and oro was soooo random.

how could sai even negotiate with the spy when yamato,sakura and naruto is around... he was lucky that oro is such a badass and able to hold these people back, a normal ninja wouldn't possible have won against naruto

Abdula
Sun, 02-17-2008, 12:15 PM
True. They probably just planned for the possibility. If things had gone as planned they would have captured Kabuto and brought him back to the village and that would have been that. I was wondering what would have happened if Oro's body hadn't begun rejecting him at such an opportune time. If he and Naruto had kept fighting one would have had to kill the other at some point and I'm sure the others would have gotten involved and most likely died.

KrayZ33
Sun, 02-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Sai freaked out when he heard someone coming in through the door it wasn't because of what he saw in the book.

ah, i didn't mean that, his eyes grew bigger when he spotted someone in the book which is most likly "freaking out" in sai's case, you know he's an emotionless emo.. so any change in his mimic must be because of a really strong rush of emotions. :)

Abdula
Sun, 02-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh okay, they tend to do that alot in Naruto it looks especially stupid when it happens during fights.

Assertn
Sun, 02-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Even if neither Oro nor Sasuke showed up, they would have infiltrated a base sooner or later, so Sai was in a good position to get where he is now.

@Abdula: are you trying to downplay the reaction from Sai who, otherwise, is a pretty emotionless person?

Of course its not just a bingo book....not only should Sai already know that everyone in the base are traitors, but it shouldn't be a secret to Oro or Kabuto either. It has to be something far more specific and far more revealing of Sai's true objective.

Abdula
Sun, 02-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Not really, I just don't think it makes any sense. Its his bingo book and he has obviously already used it so he should already know everyone in there, yet he seems surprised. It just stupid to me especially because he is supposed to be an emotionless character. He didn't have any reaction to Naruto and Oro, to Sakura falling to her death, when he was jumped from behind by Kabuto, when he was punched by Sakura, or having his "clone" stabbed by Oro but a face in a book is supposed to surprise him. One he should already know for that matter makes no sense to me.

Chiodos
Sun, 02-17-2008, 04:03 PM
..he showed a expression becuse after Sasuke "woke" a "something" in Sai's subconciounsness.

Or maybe that's the dumbest thing ever and it doesn't make sense.

And they gave pretty much away the next episode in this preview.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-17-2008, 08:07 PM
so danzo , the guy who sends out a single noob-anbu-ninja against Oro and Sasuke, is a logical minded person?I think you're nuts if you think Sai is a single noob-anbu. First of all, no Anbu member is a noob, they don't make noobs into Anbu.

Second, we've never even seen Sai in a real fight yet.

KrayZ33
Mon, 02-18-2008, 04:22 AM
and i think you're nuts if you think a normal kid(!!!!) (without a tail-beast) can even stand a chance against oro.

and btw he is like 16 or 17 (at least he looks like he is as old as naruto), so he can't possibly be a veteran which makes him a noob-anbu.
he's too young to fight against someone of the sanin-class

i don't think he is weak either, but simply not on the level with oro or naruto (enraged)...

to the bingo book:

well it must be something important, i don't think , even if we talk about "naruto" here, that they would make a scene as long as this (with the summoning of the book etc.) for nothing.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-18-2008, 07:13 AM
and i think you're nuts if you think a normal kid(!!!!) (without a tail-beast) can even stand a chance against oro.

and btw he is like 16 or 17 (at least he looks like he is as old as naruto), so he can't possibly be a veteran which makes him a noob-anbu.Except that there's people like Itachi who are ANBU from like age 10. And who's to say Sai's not one of those people.

But no, I don't think he's there to take on Oro, I think he's there to kill Sasuke, presumably when Oro isn't standing right there at the time.

the_small_guy
Thu, 02-21-2008, 07:23 PM
tbh this is my educated guess (for the record i dont read the manga!)

i rekon kabuto is sai's brother, they look too alike and if sai is the one on the one side of the book then the person on the other side is someone who looks like the drawing

and my guess at 'sai's real mission' is OBV to kill someone but i think maybe also to take their place, if in the book sai is drawing he take the clothing of the person hes killed before i think its meant to symbolise becoming that person.
so i think hes trying to kill kabuto and take his place next to oro

just a PURE guess over the episodes ive seen. what purpose that could represent though i dont know, but im sure all will be revealed

EDIT: also is it just me or did sasuke talking to oro sound like naruto? 'teach me a new technique'

Rek
Fri, 02-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Honestly, I would doubt they would go through so much work just to have one person infiltrate the hideout for an assassination. Yamato got into the hideout with alot less work, and no ANBU identities were compromised. Sai is prolly just getting information, or Danzou really is trying to fuck Konoha over.
And even attempting to think they would send anyone after Orochimaru is naive. He's a Sannin. Duh.

Yukimura
Fri, 02-22-2008, 03:59 PM
If the Sannin are as strong as they are then other people could theoretically become as strong as them as well. They all started out as regular people (maybe not Oro...) and became legendary because they had a super badass teacher and they worked their asses off. I don't see Sai taking out Oro in any known universe, however to think no one in Konoha could ever beat him just because he's a Sanin would be the naive thing.

Rek
Fri, 02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I didn't say ever could, I'm saying at this point in time.

the_small_guy
Sat, 02-23-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't see Sai taking out Oro in any known universe.

but saying that we havent really seen sai fight yet, we dont know exactly how strong he is. all ive got so far is that hes at least somewhat smart from when naruto and yamato were practising before oro appeared

Abdula
Sat, 02-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Strength is irrelevant Sai like most of the Anbu guys seem to be all about technique, meaning they are trained and designed to excel in certain situations and against a specific type of opponent. All Anbu both current and former are all smart, not somewhat, they have to be. I haven't seen a single thing to suggest otherwise.

KrayZ33
Sat, 02-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Strength is irrelevant

no its not, is stength = physically for you?

i accept the fact that most likely ANBU are (as the name says) trained for assasination and special tactics

so if they were sent out to fight enemy X it will most likely end like the fight between temari and the girl with the flute.

temari who is that girls "natural enemy" will defeat her easily but ANBU don't act in teams and squads for nothing, because nobody knows what will happen if someone else appears during the fight or mission and because of that, they have to be skilled in a general way.

the way you handle yourself in such a situation is what i would call "strength"
and that is why only "strong" jounin get into anbu.

and i doubt that root or konoha in general knows which type of ninja is effective against sasuke or someone like orochimaru who is able to use nearly any kind of technique. (i think)

Abdula
Sat, 02-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I wasn't talking about physical strength which is exactly why I said that most anbu seem to be specialized in a specific areas and trained to excel in certain situations or against a specific type of opponent.

Btw not all anbu are "strong" jounins or jounins at all, to me it appears that its the other way around and that most people join or are recruited to the anbu when they are very young and exhibit exceptional skill. They usually become jounins while they are in or after they leave the anbu. I didn't say anything about one ninja being trained to defeat one specific opponent lets say, like Sai's only purpose would be to defeat Oro, that is just stupid.

Yes all anbu should and would be able to handle themselves in any situation they happen to find themselves in they are elite ninjas after all and the essence of a ninja is being able to adapt to any situation.

What I said was that each anbu seems to have a specific area or situation in which they are either trained to excel in or are naturally adept at. The same could be said of any ninja but the anbu operate on another level compared to normal ninjas.

And what do you mean you doubt konoha knows which type of ninja would be effective against someone like Sasuke or Orochimaru. That is just stupid, not only do they have detailed information on these things(bingo book) but these are ninjas from their own village so while you can't simply say X ninja would defeat Y opponent they would know which ninja would have a higher chance of success against said opponent and would then send him/her on that mission.

KrayZ33
Sat, 02-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I wasn't talking about physical strength which is exactly why I said that most anbu seem to be specialized in a specific areas and trained to excel in certain situations or against a specific type of opponent.

i know that you are not talking about physical strength, but NOBODY is talking about it and that is why "strength" (power, smartness etc, bleh bleh) isn't irrelevant

Btw not all anbu are "strong" jounins or jounins at all, to me it appears that its the other way around and that most people join or are recruited to the anbu when they are very young and exhibit exceptional skill.
which can be translated with "only strong ninjas get into anbu"

well but if thats the case, then i wonder what is so special with itachi being an ANBU in young age.

They usually become jounins while they are in or after they leave the anbu. I didn't say anything about one ninja being trained to defeat one specific opponent lets Sai, like Sai's only purpose would be to defeat Oro, that is just stupid. Yes all anbu should and would be able to handle themselves in any situation they happen to find themselves in they are elite ninjas after all and the essence of a ninja is being able to adapt to any situation.

i didn't mean that ninjas are trained to deafeat a specific oppenent but a specific class which is a big difference. i always thought that ANBU members just use their techniques which they gained from training (chuunin, jounin exam etc).. and ninjas who aren't fit for assasinations (or something like that) simply don't get into ANBU (maybe because their techniques are more usefull in other areas)

so any ANBU member learned in his exams and missions how to handle himself in real combat but since his techniques are also great for assassination (or whatever ANBU members need for being "ANBU") they get invited into that organisation (or lets say "squad")

What I said was that each anbu seems to have a specific area or situation in which they are either trained to excel in or are naturally adept at. The same could be said of any ninja but the anbu operate on another level compared to normal ninjas.

well is ANBU a training camp? i m not sure but i always thought thats only the case when we talk about Root

And what do you mean you doubt konoha knows which type of ninja would be effective against someone like Sasuke or Orochimaru. That is just stupid, not only do they have detailed information on these things(bingo book) but these are ninjas from their own village so while you can't simply say X ninja would defeat Y opponent they would know which ninja would have a higher chance of success against said opponent and would then send him/her on that mission.
what i meant is "which type of ninja would you send against someone who basically knows thousands of (forbidden) techniques and created another dozen by himself which you never saw before"

the same goes for sasuke... they only know about the chidori and sharingan (and his fire techniques) but he was in his training-years when he left... so he could possibly have gained a totally different style of fighting since he was teached and trained by a different person as before

btw sorry for ripping your comment apart

Abdula
Sat, 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM
i know that you are not talking about physical strength, but NOBODY is talking about it and that is why "strength" (power, smartness etc, bleh bleh) isn't irrelevant

Yes in terms of being able to defeat an opponent it kinda is because simply stabbing someone in the back with a kunai could kill them and your definition of strength is far too vague but I suppose it can't be helped

which can be translated with "only strong ninjas get into anbu"

well but if thats the case, then i wonder what is so special with itachi being an ANBU in young age.

What was special about Itachi is that at that age he was supposedly the captain or highest ranked member of the anbu.

i didn't mean that ninjas are trained to deafeat a specific oppenent but a specific class which is a big difference. i always thought that ANBU members just use their techniques which they gained from training (chuunin, jounin exam etc).. and ninjas who aren't fit for assasinations (or something like that) simply don't get into ANBU (maybe because their techniques are more usefull in other areas)

so any ANBU member learned in his exams and missions how to handle himself in real combat but since his techniques are also great for assassination (or whatever ANBU members need for being "ANBU") they get invited into that organisation (or lets say "squad")

Both would be right since there has yet to be any clear explanation of just what the requirements are for becoming an anbu or just how one is recruited.

what i meant is "which type of ninja would you send against someone who basically knows thousands of (forbidden) techniques and created another dozen by himself which you never saw before"

the same goes for sasuke... they only know about the chidori and sharingan (and his fire techniques) but he was in his training-years... so he could possibly have gained a totally different style of fighting since he was teached and trained by a different person as before

btw sorry for ripping your comment apart

The best type of ninja to send against someone like Oro would be a highly competent ninja who also knows alot of techniques, who has good skill and speed so they would be able to counter his techniques and who also has their own original techniques that Oro would have a hard time dealing with. Itachi, Kakashi even Sasuke himself would fit that description. The only major problem with dealing with Oro is that he is immortal which is why everyone is trying to find out just how his jutsu works in the hopes that they can find a way to kill him.

As for Sasuke that is simple enough a ninja who specializes in strong long range techniques would be able to deal with him, someone not unlike Sai himself although his techniques seem rather easy to overcome, better suited opponents would be Gaara or Deidara.

I trust you can see all the flaws in that logic but thats the way it would work and as far as battles go no one can account for all the variables in any battle which is where being a "ninja" comes into play.

No need to apologize for anything.

ASSpirine
Sun, 02-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Oro isn't really immortal. He does have the possibility to transfer his soul in another body thus giving him some sorts of immortality, but he CAN die. He could be killed during a battle.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Can he? Seems like everytime he takes a serious injury he sheds his skin and is completely healed.

Chiodos
Sun, 02-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Wich gives the thoughts that what if he's beheaded? He just...sheds skin and is fine after?

When the time really comes, he'll problaby go with a big bang.

Abdula
Sun, 02-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Oro isn't really immortal. He does have the possibility to transfer his soul in another body thus giving him some sorts of immortality, but he CAN die. He could be killed during a battle.

Ironically enough immortality doesn't mean that you can't be killed its usually refers to the length of one's "natural" lifespan, vampires, werewolves even gods can be killed. Invincibility on the other hand is a different story.

KrayZ33
Sun, 02-24-2008, 06:45 PM
when he "sheds out of his skin" doesn't it mean that his lifecircle is reduced?

so its something like naruto suffers when he uses the power of the 9-tails, his skin is ripped apart and regenerated instantly..

couldn't this be the real reason why some bodys start to reject him earlier than others? if he has to use it too often then he has to switch earlier.

Abdula
Sun, 02-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Oro is not like Naruto besides the Kyuubi, Naruto is a completely normal human. Oro has experimented both on others and himself and used many many forbidden jutsus to get the body he has. Besides I thought the rejection thing had more to do with his three years almost being up than anything else.

Chiodos
Mon, 02-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Actually, I don't even remember why, why does his body reject him ?

Abdula
Mon, 02-25-2008, 02:54 PM
It was never officially explained but there can be any number of explanations, you just pick whatever suits you.

Archangel
Tue, 02-26-2008, 08:36 AM
U have to wonder if sasukes body will last more than 3 years. After all the original plan was to get itachi and that would mean a world of trouble for just 3 years. Maibe he has a more defenitive transfer since he wants the sharingan so bad.

Assertn
Tue, 02-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Maybe he retains the abilities of the previous hosts after switching, so it doesn't matter if he only keeps the body for 3 years. He did have a plan to obtain all the world's jutsu, after all...I don't know how he could access all that in just a single container.

Abdula
Tue, 02-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah I believed we discussed this before but supposedly Oro is able to retain the abilities he has acquired even after he leaves the host's body.

redcat
Tue, 02-26-2008, 11:39 PM
even bloodline limits?

Uberbaka
Wed, 02-27-2008, 12:03 AM
I originally thought that Oro wanted the sharingan (if only for a couple of years) to simply speed up the process of getting all the jutsus, not to actually be able to keep it forever.

Although thinking about it he did have Kimimaro who he wanted to use as a vessel which would indicate that he can bring bloodlines with him as he switches?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-27-2008, 02:17 AM
Abdula is just speculating. We don't have enough information to make that judgement yet.

My personal opinion is that because his current body didn't have a cursed seal to bind him to Orochimaru, and wasn't very powerful to begin with, is why its wearing out so fast. And that Sasuke and Kimimaru, who are both much stronger, and had seals binding them to Oro, would last much longer for him.

ASSpirine
Thu, 02-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Wanting Kimimaro was for his superior body and of course his bloodline. But I don't think you can transfer a bloodline with your soul to another container. What Oro CAN do, take over Sasuke and breed like hell with women he captures and locks down in his prison. Big chance the sharingan lives on :p

Chiodos
Fri, 02-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Sharingan is is the Uchiha's Bloodline Limit, right?
Then that means that somehow, freakin somehow, he is able to transfer Bloodline Limits through the soul transfer he does?

Or am I totally out somewhere else?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-01-2008, 07:16 PM
It was never stated Oro, or anybody, can transfer bloodline techniques. Though, when he does move on from Sasuke, he can get Kabuto to gauge out Sasuke's eyes and do a Kakashi.

Abdula
Sat, 03-01-2008, 07:26 PM
NO much like everything else about Oro it was never clearly stated but it was inferred. I can't remember who first came up with the theory, it was a couple years ago but he had a very compelling argument including some clever little hints from the data book.

If it was as simple as gouging out Sasuke's eyes Oro would have done it already. Kakashi himself is proof that while that may work its not the same as having an Uchiha's body. Oro wants the power of the Uchihas and to attain their real power he needs both the eyes and the body which is why he went after Itachi in the first place, the strongest of them. If all he needed was the eyes he would have already taken Sasuke's or even taken Kakashi's sharingan.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Indeed that would be the case, should Sasuke's body not reject him after some time. Since the seal's on him, and Oro wants it so badly, he'll probably get Kabuto to do all he can so he can keep it for as long as he wants. But in the case that it does reject him and he needs to move on, it'll make the difference of whether you have the Sharingan or not. As you've stated, it won't work as well, but having it is definitely better than not, considering Oro's plan of learning every single technique there is. It's probably not a good idea to transfer both eyes though, since you'll want to rest them without being blind.

Abdula
Sun, 03-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I don't think Sasuke's body will reject Oro I think most likely Oro was being rejected by that body one because it was a weak body in the first place and two because he had no curse seal on him. I think if Oro gets a strong enough body he will be able to stay in it indefinitely thus making his technique worthy of being called an immortality jutsu.

February
Sun, 03-02-2008, 03:28 AM
I don't know if this was mentioned before but I think the reason why Oro's body keeps rejecting him after a while is because this is Oro's temporary method of immortality. Meaning, as long as he keeps switching bodies, he can live forever. I think it was hinted out when we saw that woman's face as the inner Oro during the fight with the 3rd. Not too sure but there just seems no other explanation why his body keeps rejecting him and he has to keep going through the hassle of obtaining new bodies.

Chiodos
Sun, 03-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Problaby one failure experiment that went really wrong when he first tried the soul tranfer on himself.

Just a wild guess.

Abdula
Sun, 03-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned before but I think the reason why Oro's body keeps rejecting him after a while is because this is Oro's temporary method of immortality. Meaning, as long as he keeps switching bodies, he can live forever. I think it was hinted out when we saw that woman's face as the inner Oro during the fight with the 3rd. Not too sure but there just seems no other explanation why his body keeps rejecting him and he has to keep going through the hassle of obtaining new bodies.

What do you mean why his body keeps rejecting him. This is the first time we have seen any of Oro's host bodies start rejecting and I believe that is simply because he didn't have anytime to prepare it, as he was completely focused on Sasuke at the time. He went into this body out of desperation. Besides didn't Oro leave the village about some 20 odd years ago and when he met the third he told him that girl was only his second body so he most definitely can stay in a body for more than three years.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-02-2008, 10:18 PM
What do you mean why his body keeps rejecting him. This is the first time we have seen any of Oro's host bodies start rejecting and I believe that is simply because he didn't have anytime to prepare it, as he was completely focused on Sasuke at the time. He went into this body out of desperation. Besides didn't Oro leave the village about some 20 odd years ago and when he met the third he told him that girl was only his second body so he most definitely can stay in a body for more than three years.

You assumed that he started changing bodies more than six years prior to meeting the Third. Can you justify that assumption?

Abdula
Sun, 03-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Well if it could be justified it wouldn't be an assumption, infact I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. According to the what Akatsuki said Oro left their organization over ten years ago. We were shown a piece of his arm from when he first fought with Itachi and after losing to him he left Akatsuki. The important thing there is that when he fought Itachi he was still in his original body and he was attempting to use his technique to take over Itachi's body, thats what I gather from his words.

So if he was attempting to use the technique on Itachi and he was defeated and his body severely injured then sometime soon after he must have used the technique to take over another body. When he met the third he said that that was his second body if you do the math then for the seven years after he left Akatsuki he had two bodies, so it does add it.

The one problem I have with this is that it means that Oro went through all the trouble of "recruiting" Sasuke and everything just so he could use his body for three years. Since I don't think thats the case it either means that he has a more powerful technique that would enable him to stay in one body indefinitely or he really is able to take whatever techniques he acquires from his host with him when he leaves, including Kekkei Genkais.

So February's probably right that this is just a temporary Immortality technique which doesn't seem to be worth all the hassle unless he either has a "permanent" technique or this one has other fringe benefits.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-03-2008, 12:34 AM
What I think is a new interesting opportunity for Oro is him finding out that the research he performed on Yamato can actually work.

Now that he knows it can work, he can make bodies with any bloodline limit he can manage to get a dead body from.

So if this thing with Sasuke falls through for him, he can always get another one with an Uchiha corpse and a bunch of babies.

Abdula
Mon, 03-03-2008, 12:43 AM
I thought we talked about this already. That Akatsuki must already have very poweful Bijuu suppression or control techniques and the very fact that Oro wasn't even interested in Yamato only confirms this. Dead bodies so the fact that only 1 in 100 would probably survive and the fact that the technique would only be a weak imitation of the original doesn't matter. Plus the first's technique wasn't a bloodline limit so even if that could work with his technique doesn't mean it could work with something as complex as the sharingan. The first's technique is rather simple in comparison.

Really its the same thing as when people say why doesn't Oro just pull a Kakashi and pluck out Sasuke's eyes.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-03-2008, 02:23 AM
What do you mean the first's technique isn't a bloodline limit?

Of course it is. Why would you need his DNA to use it if it wasn't a bloodline limit?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-03-2008, 04:08 AM
bloodline limits are passed down through your decendants. It wasn't the case, since Tsunade can't perform those techniques. Yamato could only do it since he was infused with the First's DNA. That makes the First's ability unique to him only, and so not a Bloodline limit, since it doesn't flow down the "bloodline".

chet_chetty
Mon, 03-03-2008, 06:11 AM
I think I remember from Haku's flashback his mom hoping the bloodline limit [that came from either her or Haku's father, I dont know which] would skip a generation so he wouldn't get it, and thus be alienated/persecuted/etc. Meaning I dont think descendants of those with bloodline limits are guaranteed to be born with one.

Abdula
Mon, 03-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Damn people it was said that the first's technique just like the third Kazekage's technique were techniques only they, the individuals, could perform not any bloodline limits. As for bloodline limits I haven't seen any skip a generation, the point of the bloodline limit is that everyone who has that blood can do it. The only exception we've seen is the sharingan, although every Uchiha has that potential, they aren't just born with the ability they have to awaken it. Please no one try to make the stupid argument that maybe Tsunade has to awaken her abilities, please.

Yukimura
Mon, 03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I believe it was also stated that not all Uchiha obtain the Sharingan, though that could mean not all are able to eventually activate it but all are born with the potential or it could mean some people born of two Uchiha parents just won't be able to activate it at all and some will. I don't think we've been given enough info to be sure of either.

With what we know of the First's technique it does seem like a Bloodline Limit ability because it was contained in his genetic makeup, however it could be the case that the precise mix of genetics required to make it possible only happened in the First and none of his descendants got the right gene mix to allow them to use it too, effectively making it unique to him.

EDIT @Abdula: Same thing with the Kazekage, their abilities are most likely genetically unique to their particular genetic makeup but got destroyed when they mixed genes with another person to produce offspring, that way the abilities wouldn't really fit under the definition of Bloodline Limit since it seems to imply that the technique is more likely than not to be passed down to future generations.

Abdula
Mon, 03-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I believe it was also stated that not all Uchiha obtain the Sharingan, though that could mean not all are able to eventually activate it but all are born with the potential or it could mean some people been of two Uchiha parents just won't be able to activate it at all and some will. I don't think we've been given enough info to be sure of either.

Well in the case of the Uchiha from what we saw during Sasuke's flashback of when Itachi killed the clan the majority of them weren't even ninjas and thus couldn't hope to activate the sharingan. I think why most of them don't get it is simply because it requires special circumstances to be activated.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-03-2008, 02:19 PM
bloodline limits are passed down through your decendants. It wasn't the case, since Tsunade can't perform those techniques. Yamato could only do it since he was infused with the First's DNA. That makes the First's ability unique to him only, and so not a Bloodline limit, since it doesn't flow down the "bloodline".I getcha now.