PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Games

Pages : [1] 2

TheBladeChild
Thu, 02-14-2008, 04:42 AM
So Iv been playing fighting games since i was little kid. I love the combos, the supers, and the all around competition it brings to me and my friends. One of my favorite things to do is kick back with my friends have a nice afternoon of kicking each others asses with a combination of punches, kicks, and supers. Im not that great, not tournament level, but I still have fun nonetheless. I decided to make this thread for those of us fighting game lovers. So lets make this the place to discuss your favorite fighting game, favorite moves, fighting game news, etc...

So some of my favorite fighting games are:
-Capcom vs. Snk 2
-King of fighters XI
-Melty Blood
-Soul Calibur 1 + 3

So I just recently bought King of fighters XI, since it only came out in the US not to long ago, and its already one of my faves. Im just looking for some advice about how to go about playing certain characters. If you have a character you think you are particularly good at please share how you play them. Im all ears. :)

bagandscalpel
Thu, 02-14-2008, 05:01 AM
You ought to try the Guilty Gear series, then (latest installment - XX: Accent Core). In my case, it grew on me due its uniqueness.

Hehhh, not so much in the mood to discuss it further at this point in time, sorry.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 02-14-2008, 05:04 AM
Lol totally forgot about guilty gear. I never got into though, the battle flow never really clicked with me. But I gotta admit it has the cleanest graphics iv ever seen in a 2-D fighting game.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 02-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Well, the same company's also produced Hokuto no Ken, which is supposedly fun for its stupid, basketball-style, one-combo-into-instant-KO gameplay.

Or, a little later on, Arcsys will release the spiritual successor to GG, BlazBlue, which might be worth checking out.

kooshi
Thu, 02-14-2008, 09:42 PM
My list of favorite fighting games:
Capcom vs SNK 2
Dead or Alive 3
Guilty Gear: Accent Core
King of Fighters (pretty much any of them)
Soul Caliber II
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Super Smash Bros (N64, Melee, and most likely Brawl when it comes out ^_^ )
Tekken 5

My absolute favorite fighting game goes to Guilty Gear: AC. I just LOVE everything about it! Roman cancels, false roman cancels, air dashes, double/triple jumps, force breaks, etc. So many ways of defeating your opponents!
My main is Chipp, with Testament and Jam as my back-ups.

Assassin
Thu, 02-14-2008, 10:13 PM
guys, c'mon....nothing beats Mortal Kombat 2. That was the holy mother of all fighting games.

fahoumh
Fri, 02-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Samurai Shodown
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Soul Blade
Soul Calbur 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2

EDIT: the Guilty Gear series is also pretty good

TheBladeChild
Fri, 02-15-2008, 04:46 AM
Ok I just got done playing a couple hours of KOF XI and my hands freaken hurt. This is the first time Iv really tried to get into a KOF game. But dam its fun, freak the challenge mode is a BEAST. At least I learned a few combos along the way.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-15-2008, 06:47 PM
The Arcade Machines:
- Street Fighter II: Turbo - Old machine at the local dairy bar. Probably spent $50 on that machine. (At a quarter a piece.)
- Primal Rage - yeah, not the greatest, but it was a lot of fun at the arcade (back when those existed in the states).
- Virtual-On: debatable, as a non-traditional mecha fighter, but there are few arcade machines I've loved more
- Soul Blade: Unfortunately, my last arcade 3D fighter. (most arcades were closed shortly after)

Consoles:
- Dead or Alive 1, 2, 3, and 4. Solid fighter, fast paced, excellent counter system in 2, broken in 3, not too bad in 4. The first game is HARD with anyone but Kasumi and Lei-fang.
- Guilty Gear XX: Midnight Carnival and later on the strange experience of GG: Isuka
- Soul Caliber 2, 3. Never owned the dreamcast...so I didn't get to play the greatest of them.
- Smash Bros. - given, but I admittedly lack practice.
- Melty Blood: I spent a lot of money just to play one game, and it was worth it.

Psyke
Sat, 02-16-2008, 12:57 AM
I've played a lot of fighting games since the release of Street Fighter II on the Super Famicom (SNES). Some of the games which I've spent a lot of time on include:

King of Fighters series
Street Fighter Zero (Alpha) series
Street Fighter EX series
Tekken

Still a big fan of the 2D games, particularly the KOF series which I thought gave better gameplay then any of the other popular fighters. Looking foward to the new KOF98 game coming out soon.

RedX1z
Sat, 02-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Dead or Alive series
Guilty Gear series
King of Fighters series, mainly 2002
Street Fighter series, mainly Alpha 2

I'll give any fighting game a chance. Honestly, though, I can't think of a fighting game that was so horrible.

TheBladeChild
Sat, 02-16-2008, 04:58 AM
Still a big fan of the 2D games, particularly the KOF series which I thought gave better gameplay then any of the other popular fighters. Looking foward to the new KOF98 game coming out soon.

What new KOF98 game? O.o

Also does anyone know where I can get the new MeltyBlood also im really interested in a game called Big Bang Beat if anyone has heard of it. The best way I can describe it is that its similar to GG/Meltyblood.

Also as a treat for those who havent seen it yet:

A Street Figheter 4 gameplay video has been release a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0NWFs2sDKk

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-16-2008, 06:22 AM
Wikipedia says Melty Blood: Actress Again is coming out in arcades in 2008.

Psyke
Sat, 02-16-2008, 08:44 AM
What new KOF98 game? O.o

SNK Playmore is releasing a new game, called KOF98 Ultimate Match. It uses the old 98 system, which was a fan favourite, and adds in characters such as Geese, Kasumi, Eiji, etc.

Check out the official site here (http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof98um/index.html).

Junior
Sat, 02-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Let's see...

Tekken. Soul Calibur (I remember the old Soul Blade days...), Guilty Gear (I-no is the hottest thing ever), King of fighters, Street fighter Mortal Kombat (The old ones. I'm not a fan of the 3D ones)

Dead or alive was alright but I only played...the 2nd one, I think. But the gameplay was very smooth. I could control my character very well.

I think that's it. I know my brother plays Bloody Roar as well.

TheBladeChild
Sat, 02-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Sweet a new MeltyBlood, thats gonna be awesome.

Idealistic
Sat, 02-16-2008, 08:10 PM
I've been a Street Fighter player ever since I was a little kid. Now I mostly play 3rd strike. There isn't much local competition here so I just play on kaillera mostly.

I like the Soul Calibur series too, but I never really got a chance to really get into it because I was lacking money and all that crap at the time. Once 4 comes out, I'll definitely pick it up though. Online play too I believe, that's going to be sweet.

Oh and Super Turbo HD Remix as well whenever that releases.

So yeah, SC4 and SSF2THD Remix are probably my most anticipated games. Maybe I'll pick up Tekken too.

But to just simply talk about fighting games that I enjoy playing, pretty much all the SF games, Alpha 2 being my favorite. I like most of the crossover games too, Xmen vs SF, MvC2, and CvS2. I never got serious with those games though. Just casual play. Those are pretty much the only fighting games I play mostly. I was never exposed to other games like the KOF or GG series so I never got into them.

On a side note, SF4 looks like crap compared to KOFXII at the moment.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 02-20-2008, 04:58 AM
Anyone have any tips when it comes to quick shifting in KOF XI? Im terrible at it, and I know its a fairly important part of the game.

darkshadow
Thu, 02-21-2008, 04:16 PM
god KOF12 looks fucking sick

TheBladeChild
Thu, 02-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Melty Blood Actress Again looks nice
-New Supers
-A few new characters(Shiki's teacher?)

heres the trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SxE9uOB_hOU

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-21-2008, 05:30 PM
The only new characters what the white haired girl with the guitar/cello/axe on her back. I believe her fighting style is similar to A.B.A. from Guilty Gear (Isuka and onward) shown in a still at the end of the video and Roa (the guy shown after that).

Aozaki Aoko, more easily known as Shiki's "teacher," was in ReAct (and possibly earlier), and White Len and Neko Arc Chaos were both in ReAct ver. B in the arcades.

TheBladeChild
Fri, 02-29-2008, 05:10 AM
For those who havent seen it yet heres a preview of what KOF 12 will look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXjuVPuwqTE

Also if anyone has heard of the game Big Bang Beat First Impression, can someone tell me where I can get it?

heres the opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsVel1t3zUU

and heres a few gameplay videos: (the first one IMO is the best one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeB6ZqVLj0o&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BLlZxEeUcA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W_-ilz6JQg&feature=related

itadakimasu
Fri, 02-29-2008, 05:06 PM
my favorite fighting games of all time are :

street fighters alpha 3
marvel vs capcom 2
killer instinct

i also like dead or alive even though i'm pretty bad at it.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Also if anyone has heard of the game Big Bang Beat First Impression, can someone tell me where I can get it?
Anywhere, including the official site if you can read Japanese. There are a good number of torrents around for it as well.

"First Impression" is not the title of the full game, but rather just a free promo released for the full game. You can only play as two of the characters, and only in one (or possibly three) stages.

Big Bang Beat is a PC-only hentai-game based fighting game, not unlike Melty Blood, only MB actually had several arcade versions of ReAct alone. I believe you can buy it from any doujin store that sells games.

Xelbair
Sun, 08-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Sorry for necromany of thread buts its better to necro than to set new one right?

So anyone can point me to great PC fighting games?
I already played(and mastered some chars):
1. Guilty Gear XX Reload - I love to play Testament, Ky, Chipp, Faust, Justice and Kliff
2. Melty Blood(React + AC) - Ciel owns all :P
3. Fate Sword Dance
4. Mortal Kombat 1-4

darkshadow
Sun, 08-10-2008, 06:22 PM
wait a little longer, SF4 will be on pc's too ;o

RedX1z
Sun, 08-10-2008, 09:59 PM
The King of Fighters series is something I would play, if anything. Mainly, 2002. If you can find it, that's good.

wait a little longer, SF4 will be on pc's too ;o

February is too far away, if you ask me. I do with however that they start confirming some characters. Feilong and Dan being confirmed was good news, but I was hoping for Cammy and Ibuki.

Koyuki
Mon, 08-11-2008, 09:50 AM
I've played fighting games since SF2. It's quick, intense and lot's of action, but it also require some strategy too.

I like Tekken, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear and most of SNK and Capcom games. DBZ and Naruto is pretty good too.

RedX1z: There will probably be more characters. And possibly DLC.

kooshi
Mon, 08-11-2008, 08:07 PM
As bagandscalpel already mentioned, BlazBlue is coming out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiXL6NWzVXM

w00t, another Guilty Gear (kinda) =)

fahoumh
Tue, 08-12-2008, 11:07 AM
As bagandscalpel already mentioned, BlazBlue is coming out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiXL6NWzVXM

w00t, another Guilty Gear (kinda) =)

The character movements look a little clunky to me....that is, the animation doesn't look smooth.

KrayZ33
Wed, 08-13-2008, 03:16 AM
Sorry for necromany of thread buts its better to necro than to set new one right?

So anyone can point me to great PC fighting games?
I already played(and mastered some chars):
1. Guilty Gear XX Reload - I love to play Testament, Ky, Chipp, Faust, Justice and Kliff
2. Melty Blood(React + AC) - Ciel owns all :P
3. Fate Sword Dance
4. Mortal Kombat 1-4

well if you like Fate Sword Dance, you should try Fatal/Fake... its a lot better imho

hmm that, Fatal/Fake 2, Mortal Kombat are the only fighting games I've ever played on PC...

itadakimasu
Wed, 08-13-2008, 10:17 AM
I got this the other day and played through story mode on easy w\ darth vader in about 10-15 minutes. seems like there are alot of moves too, i didn't play more because WoW was calling to me; but this seems like a solid fighting game that would be fun online or w\ friends.

Junior
Sat, 08-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Itadakimasu!!! Have you played Soul Calibur 4 seriously yet?

I had a look at it on youtube and it looks REALLY different. Tira used to be my favourite character but now she seems beyond creepy. Seriously.

And Amy's cute. I watched her ending. >_> It was funny.

btw, Ivy's boobs are too big. She has enough for at least 3 people. Maybe 4.

Ryllharu
Sat, 08-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I've got the 360 version, and they changed a lot of the movesets. Subtly, but enough to make a big change in how they were played. It really evened out the balancing.

- Amy got an expanded moveset from the generic fencer create-a-soul she had in SC3. She still takes a lot of skill to use really well. She barely moves, so now you need to have a firm grasp on the timing of your oppoents moves to weave in.
- While Zasalemel became a lot more playable, the moves chain together a lot easier and many of them are much faster, and telegraph less.
- Ivy became even more unplayable for me at least. I could use her really well in 2, not so much in 3, and now I can't use her at all. Everyone else I know can use her even better now.
- Tira got faster and her chains easier to pull together too.
There's a lot more, but I'll keep it short.

The best improvement is the whole Soul Gauge system, allowing you to kill Turtlers online.
It's still good to see how differently people play online. There's still the cheap shotters who only use 3 moves, but they are cake to beat if you know what you're doing. Even the Kilik spammers. I've fought people who succeed with guarding smartly, those who rely on Impacts. There's others like me who don't bother to guard or Impact, just plow through with staggered timing and a varied list of attacks. I'm pretty good with all the slower characters, which is opposite to every other fighting game I'm good at, where I always use the fast ones.

As for other PC fighting games, see if you can snag a version of Samurai Showdown for the MAME emulators. I downloaded the Neo Geo version for the Wii, and though it is an old series, it's still one of the greatest fighting games. It's not really a PC fighter, but definitely a game you shouldn't miss.

Junior
Sat, 08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Ooooh, it sounds pretty great then.
I'm glad Zasalemel became a bit faster, it was always hard to move around with him, especially if I was trying to pull off some super-bad ass combo.

Killik spammers...I had to lol at that. XD

oh, how are the graphics when compared to the last one? They look pretty amazing, but that's just youtube videos.

Ryllharu
Sat, 08-23-2008, 03:16 PM
It's a gap between the console generations, and with enough years behind the two consoles to really get the work out of them. The game looks amazing, the textures on the characters are pure eye candy, and they used the Havok physics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havok_(software)) engine.

Where Dead or Alive 4 looks good, SC IV is way beyond it.
(As it should, DOA4 was a semi-launch title)

Zachiru-Hirosaki
Sat, 08-23-2008, 03:48 PM
My faves:
Guilty gear series
Street Fighter 3rd Strike best(cant wait for ST4)
DOA4
Snk vs Capcom
King of Fighters series
Killer Instinct(old school still playing it like to give ULTRA!! and Killer Combo)

Cant wait for Tatsunoko vs Capcom!!

RedX1z
Sat, 08-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Cant wait for Tatsunoko vs Capcom!!

We can only hope that it hits our shores. Let's not forget what happened with Namco vs. Capcom.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-24-2008, 05:39 AM
That was not namco vs capcom, that was namco cross capcom, a game totally different from the vs. series, every other vs. game has made its way out of japan.
Plus they already said a ps3 release would be highly possible, so just import it.

Zachiru-Hirosaki
Sun, 08-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Guyz how is the game Capcom fighting jam because i want to buy it, but dont know if its cool or not.:confused:

Idealistic
Sun, 08-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Guyz how is the game Capcom fighting jam because i want to buy it, but dont know if its cool or not.:confused:

No it sucks... it was a complete failure.

On the other hand.... The main fighting games I play right now are SC4 and 3rd Strike.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 01-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Just a random post from a dude you guys never hear about in an almost 2 y/o thread.
My all-time favourites list:

1. Tekken - Been playing it ever since 3 came out on the PS. Copped 1 and 2 soon after that and been following it ever since. Love the game.
Fav. Char. Paul Phoenix
Skill level - Above Average

2. Street Fighter - II to be exact, the normal and the Super one. Played it for months, day in, day out. Marvel Superheroes VS. Streetfighter was addictive. I've gotten serious blisters because of that game. I owned with Capcom VS. SNK 2 EO also, the GC version. I Lost it. I like SFIV too, took me a while to get used to though.
Fav. Char. Ryu
Skill level - Average

3. Killer Instinct - From the soundtracks to the Ultra's, this game was 1337 in those days. The boss was like insanely difficult.
Fav. Char. Jago
Skill level - Average

4. Mortal Kombat - The 2nd one. Played it the whole vacation with my best friend on the campsite. Those where the days.
Fav. Char. Reptile
Skill level - Below Average

5. Dragonball GT: Final Bout - Training alot with Goku SSJ4. Heaven't really competed against others but knew everything about it. Computer was no match.
Fav. Char. Goku SSJ4

6. Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi - Finished the whole game and played alot against others. Loads of fun.
Fav. Char. Piccolo

7. Soul Blade - With Teki and the Nunchaku dude against Cervantes for the Soul Edge. Had lots of fun, but am not too great at it though.
Fav. Char. Teki
Skill level - Below Average

8. Def Jam: Fight for NY - Finished the whole game owning every trophy and breaking every record. Loads of fun in 4 man battles with a multi tab.
Fav. Char. My own
Skill level - Waaay Above Average

Haven't played much other Beat 'Em Ups really. Melty Blood looked cool. GG looks awesome. I loathe DOA, so will never touch that one. I've played Bleach alot on my PSP, but it's just too hard figuring out your goals when everything's in Japanese. Can't get hooked on Naruto so deleted that one from my PSP. Wich reminds me, Tekken 6 should be availabe for the PSP...

Marik
Fri, 07-23-2010, 12:36 PM
The latest issue of Famitsu has announced that the arcade fighter, Arcana Heart 3 is coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this winter.

Examu teamed up with BlazBlue developer Arc System Works for a console version of Arcana Heart 3. This gals fighting game lets users pick one of 23 characters and a move list altering arcana.

New features for the home include HD anime cut-ins during supers, and a "simple mode" that will let beginner players perform combos through a single button press.

Modes of play include:

Story - This is fully voiced
Versus - An offline mode
Score Attack - Attempt to get the highest score in a given stage.
Training - Freely practice your moves
Network - Includes online fights and rankings You can also view other fights while you wait for yours to begin.
Gallery - A viewing mode for event CG and guest illustrations.

Xelbair
Fri, 07-23-2010, 06:25 PM
So another game just entered my must have list... damn, i wont have enough time to master blazblue on ps3 and fate unlimited codes on ps2...

Marik
Sat, 07-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition Announced At Comic-Con (http://kotaku.com/5595515/street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-online-edition-announced-at-comic+con)

I can't wait for this. I'm hoping that it will be a HD Remix.

Marik
Sat, 09-18-2010, 09:53 AM
"As everyone knows… The previously announced Street Fighter X TEKKEN and TEKKEN X Street Fighter titles are part of an overall “Fighting Game Festival.” But, the first title in the “festival” is announced today (at TOUGEKI)… TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2. Tentatively scheduled for a Summer 2011 arcade release in Japan.

TEKKEN fans are in for a real treat as the order of releases for games will be:

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2
Street Fighter X TEKKEN
TEKKEN X Street Fighter

Today’s teaser trailer is in-game footage, not CG. It might look similar to TEKKEN 6, but the graphics engine has been tweaked/improved to support up to 4 characters on screen at once. The character models were redone from TEKKEN 6 moving onward to TTT2.

TTT2 will follow the same control scheme as the original Tekken Tag Tournament: One stick for movement and 5 action buttons. As seen in the teaser, there will be tag combos involving both characters tagging in and out-in succession to complete multi-hit combos/juggles. Walled stages remain and breakable walls/floors are still in the game. New mechanics and stage features will also be implemented. As seen in the trailer, there are some possible unique attacks depending on the character teams that are chosen (Ex. Jin & Asuka).

Several characters are featured in the trailer, but the character lineup will not be announced for some time."

Debut Trailer HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUzSlQJSCz4)

Edit: Joystiq did an interview with Harada after the announcement.

Interview: Katsuhiro Harada talks Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/18/interview-katushiro-harada-talks-tekken-tag-tournament-2/#continued)

Marik
Mon, 11-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Tekken Tag 2 Sneak Peek (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STo3TH965hE&fmt=22)

David75
Fri, 12-10-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm a total noob regarding next gen console games, well for almost any game as I stopped almost 20 years ago (except some trials here and there)

Question:
I have a PS3 and search a combat game with a good online mode.
I want to be able to fight with friends, I do not want generic rooms where you do not choose who you fight with. I do not care for story modes and the like.

If possible, the game would not be too hard to manipulate, I really do not care for ultra-mega-super combos where you need to memorize 40 timed-button press.

I just need a good flashy brawl, that is easy on my old hands :D

Tekken 6 is fun, but the online mode does not fit (I can't choose who I play with if I understand the descriptions well)

Mortal Kombat and Street fighter franchise would fit if online mode is good. Why, because I've played them from my teenage days. I'm old enough to have played the original streetfighter on my atari 1040ste :D and of course the original Mortal Kombat in arcade and PS1.

Soulcalibur? I've never been able to like the franchise.
Virtua Fighter? only played it on PS1 a long time ago, I don't know how it evolved.

Thanks for any input ;)

Marik
Fri, 12-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Tekken 6 is fun, but the online mode does not fit (I can't choose who I play with if I understand the descriptions well)

You can create your own Lobby in Tekken 6 and use Private Slots to fight your friends. Go to Player Match, then to Create Session, set the number of people you want in the Lobby where it says Max Players, choose the number of Private Slots, and then Create Session and use L1 to invite your friends.

You can't create a Lobby in Ranked Match.

David75
Fri, 12-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks, I like the chainsaw girl :cool:

Marik
Fri, 12-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks, I like the chainsaw girl :cool:

Whenever I get on Tekken, I gravitate to Emilie and choose her costume with the green tank top and silver pants. I just beat some guy online with her just now while testing the create options. He was using Law and it was 2-2 going in to the final round.

darkshadow
Fri, 12-10-2010, 06:09 PM
SSF4 has a pretty awesome online mode, try it.

Killa-Eyez
Sat, 12-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Any of you went for the Platinum trophy on SFIV?

Marik
Fri, 12-24-2010, 05:11 PM
As a holiday gift to Tekken fans, series producer, Katsuhiro Harada, posted a new video of the upcoming Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

According to the official website, Tag Tournament 2 is due for release in Summer 2011.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 2nd Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHQF-Tmaig&hd=1)

A new female Luchador. :)

lelouch
Fri, 12-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Naruto Shippuuden: Ninja Storm 2 is my favorite fighting game. Send me your gamer tag so we can clash kunai.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Naruto Shippuuden: Ninja Storm 2 is my favorite fighting game. Send me your gamer tag so we can clash kunai.

Ultimate Ninja Storm 2?

PS3?

lelouch
Fri, 12-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Ninja Storm 2?

PS3?

360 :(:(:(

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-26-2010, 04:52 PM
New Soul series game in the works!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/26/soul-calibur-series-returns-to-the-stage-of-history/

About time! There were two games on the last gen consoles, and Soul Calibur 4 has been around for a two years now. Even with 2D fighters in a renaissance, we still need solid 3D fighters (sorry Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter, you're just a pale shadow).

Please no broken Star Wars characters, broken Todd McFarlane characters, or Tekken characters. Link would be okay though :3

...and no butterfaces on Sophitia or Cassandra.

edit: ...and bring back Chronicles of the Sword from SC3.

Marik
Wed, 01-12-2011, 11:52 AM
The female luchador from that 2nd Tekken Tag Tournament trailer that I posted has a name now. It's JC... and people are saying that JC = Julia Chang.

Meet JC, the wrestler. Plus, some early gameplay details. (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/12/tekken_tag_character/)

Marik
Sat, 02-05-2011, 10:15 PM
There's a new fighting game coming out in Japan titled, Phantom Breaker. It's an all-female 2D fighting game between Memories Off and Stein;Gate characters and it's made by 5pb. So far, it's exclusive to the Xbox 360 and it's due out on April 28th.

Official Site (http://5pb.jp/games/phantombreaker/)

Months after a teaser announcement, 5pb. has finally taken the veil off its original fighting game Phantom Breaker. This week's Famitsu reveals the platform for the game to be Xbox 360 and shares first gameplay and story details.

For its first fighting game, the adventure masters at 5pb. are promising simple controls and a deep combat system. You can select between "Quick" and "Hard" fighting styles for your fighters.

The game screen displays two gauges. Your Burst Gauge is built up by beating up on your foe. It can then be used to strengthen your specials and to escape combo attacks. Your Tension Gauge is built up by countering enemy attacks. Once full, you can use a powerful "Critical Burst" special.

The game's cast of fighters are known as "Duelists." As the story goes, they've all been invited to Tokyo by a mysterious person known as Phantom to take part in the "Duel." The prize for the winner is an item known as F.A, capable of granting a wish.

Phantom Breaker classifies characters as either quick style or hard style.
Quick style characters, as the name implies, are nimble. They’re fast, good at evading attacks, and have long combos. Hard style characters specialize in defense and heavy hitting attacks. Quick characters dodge. Hard characters block. Both are vulnerable to throws.

Glowing orbs and lightning effects appear when players trigger the counterbalance system. It’s possible to cancel a rival’s attack with one of your own in Phantom Breaker, but 5pb. didn’t explain how this works.

Here's a video from a location test in Akihabara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXtsAnUKTIM

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 02-05-2011, 11:47 PM
That weapon the purple haired girl in black/white outfit is wielding is more than impressive. Looks just like the Deathscythe's. . . scythe, but the beam saber part only extends once she strikes.

darkshadow
Sun, 02-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Looks uninspired, generic and slow. And why the hell does a 3 round match last for 5.5 minutes, that's pretty terrible. Lack of diverse normals, lack of mixups..yeah pretty meh.
The only thing I did like was how the stage changed between rounds, that's cool.

aletashirley
Fri, 02-11-2011, 04:01 AM
I love to play games online specially i love to play puzzle games (http://www.online-puzzle-games.net/) and Fighting games my favorite fighting games are
Taken 3
Street fighter etc..

Marik
Mon, 02-14-2011, 06:44 PM
as a download title.

Torrance, CA (Februrary 14th, 2010) – Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products, is proud to announce that the fighting game Arcana Heart 3 will be coming to the PlayStation®Network this Spring. Arcana Heart 3 combines fast-paced aerial action with a unique cast for an extraordinary fighting experience never before seen in North America!

Chaos and disorder are threatening to rip apart the very fabric of Japanese society as planar rifts appear throughout the country. It is suspected that the Drexler Institute, the instigator of the Great War many years ago and creator of the Divine Celestial Weapon, is somehow involved.

In the midst of this confusion, a mysterious rumor arises, claiming the existence of wish-granting “Celestial Stones” within the chaotic planar rifts. As a result of these rumors, a number of individuals have converged on Japan in the hopes of obtaining one of these fabled stones – either to seal them away or to see for themselves if the rumor is true. Each person has their own reasons for seeking these rare and valuable stones, and they won’t let anyone stand in their way, be they foe…or friend.

Full Press Release (http://www.aksysgames.com/2011/02/14/arcana-heart-3-is-coming-to-north-america/)

darkshadow
Mon, 02-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Is it still coming to EU as a retail disc? cause I was kind thinking of getting it.

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-14-2011, 08:56 PM
I want this game... not a fan of download only though.

Marik
Tue, 02-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Is it still coming to EU as a retail disc? cause I was kind thinking of getting it.

No idea. A guy from Zen United mentioned packaging in an interview, so it seems like it will be retail.

Frost: About the european release for the game, will you guys be remaking the cover for the game as well? Similar to the European releases of Blazblue?

Geraint: We have no plans to at the moment. We’ve recently recieved a MASSIVE amount of artwork from Arc and Examu – so much stuff in there is abslutely stunning, so we’re currently going through it all and deciding what direction we want to go with packaging etc…

Frost: HMV have a release date for the European release for the 10th of June, and that was put up way before this announcement. Is that release a real release date or just a rumor at the moment?

Geraint: That’s a rumour at the moment – we’ll announce the specifics on the release date further down the line. At this point, we just wanted to let everyone know that we’re working on it – mainly because so many people have been asking – we just wanted to put them out of their misery!

Frost: haha put people out of their misery :3 So …when do you think you’ll be able to get us a release date?

Geraint: Haha, tough one! You know, one of the things we got a lot of stick for last year was BlazBlue’s delays. While a lot of things that happened surrounding BB were genuinely outside of our control, ultimately we were in the firing line for letting people down on release dates. We REALLY don’t want that to happen again – so we’ll only announce a date when we know 100% that it’s going to happen.

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-15-2011, 06:19 PM
I may import that version instead of the download only. Only question would be the online play... ugh

TheBladeChild
Fri, 02-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Looks like Jun Kazama makes an appearance in Tekken Tag 2, no word on if shes a playable character yet though.

http://www.giantbomb.com/tekken-tags-you-with-arcade-details/17-3814/

Marik
Tue, 03-01-2011, 05:58 PM
There's a new 2D fighter called Skullgirls coming to Xbox Live and PSN this Summer. Official Site (http://www.skullgirls.com/home)

The debut trailer was posted yesterday.

Out-of-control debut trailer for Skullgirls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eObZMFjaV8)

Edit: Here's an older video.

A Look at SkullGirls as of (8-9-10) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0KV4ZLwkAk&hd=1)

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 03-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Looks like Jun Kazama makes an appearance in Tekken Tag 2, no word on if shes a playable character yet though.

I surely do hope so!
The vid looks awesome, can't wait.

rockmanj
Mon, 03-14-2011, 03:27 PM

I think she will be in it. If this is true and she is similar to her last appearance, I will reclaim my Tekken dominance, as I was unstoppable with her in T2.

Marik
Tue, 03-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Destructoid's Hands On With Skullgirls

Skullgirls is crazy, hot, and rad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_2u7-K40rQ&hd=1)

---

Skullgirls Preview from Joystiq

Skullgirls preview: Strong foundation (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/14/skullgirls-preview)

---

DualShockers In Depth Skullgirls Preview

PAX East 11: Hands-On Impressions: SkullGirls (http://dualshockers.com/2011/03/13/pax-east-11-hands-on-impressions-skullgirls)

No infinites. :)

Marik
Tue, 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM
who is the red character? Kreate-a-Fighter?

No idea. That wasn't there when I made my post.

Also, new Skullgirls preview.

SPECIAL! Inside look at Skullgirls! [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgtJy7wrAuQ&hd=1)

Marik
Mon, 04-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Arcana Heart 3 Breaks Loose On April 19th (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/02/arcana-heart-3-breaks-loose-on-april-19th)

The same day as Mortal Kombat. It's going to be $30 on PSN.

A week after release, look out for DLC containing additional character colors and an Arcana Heart 3 theme!

Marik
Sat, 04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Whoa...check this out. It's a fighting game with Tears to Tiara and Utawarerumono chars. This is the 4th promo vid, apparently. I hadn't even heard of this game until now. It has To Heart chars too, but I've never seen that, so I don't know them.

lol, wtf...Yuki from White Album is in it. Hopefully that means Rina-chan is in it as well. Hell, throw in Menou and Yayoi-san too. (Edit: Rina in the background. <3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGOclnXmVso

Aquapazza is a crossover 2D fighter from Examu. It features characters from franchises like Tears to Tiara, To Heart and Utawareru Mono. Gameplay features a partner system, where you call upon a support character to assist.This latest video shows main characters Morgan (Tears to Tiara) and Konomi Yuzuhara (ToHeart 2), along with support characters Ulthury (Utawareru Mono) and Yuki Morikawa (White Album).

Official Site (http://aquaplus.jp/aquapazza/movie.html) - It has all 4 PVs on it in the movie section.

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Heh... I'll have to hunt down that game when it comes out. I love this Doujin-Games. I still have Queen of Hearts 97, Queen of Hearts Queen of Hearts 98, Queen of Hearts 99, Queen of Hearts 2001, Eternal Fighter ZERO Blue Sky, Eternal Fighter Zero Memorial, Kanon and Air Smash, Fatal Fake and the very first Melty Blood.

darkshadow
Sat, 04-09-2011, 09:04 PM
That actually looks really good, like a mix between arcana and vanguard princess.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Seeing Karura getting thoroughly trounced by a To Heart character made me sad.

What it is for? PC or consoles?

Marik
Sun, 04-10-2011, 05:37 AM
What it is for? PC or consoles?

From the makers of Arcana Heart comes a new arcade fighting game in which young girls beat each other up. AquaPazza, by Examu, will feature characters from AquaPlus. It runs a tag team battle system, and will be published on the NESiCAxLive system in Japan this Spring.

NESiCAxLive a digital distribution system for arcades. BlazBlue Continum Shift II was the first game to use it.

Taito Announces Arcade Download System (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/09/taito_download_system)

Marik
Thu, 04-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Siliconera takes a look at Soulcalibur director, Daishi Odashima's latest tweets.

Siliconera: Siegfried Will Not Be The Main Character In The New Soulcalibur (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/13/siegfried-will-not-be-the-main-character-in-the-new-soulcalibur)

Marik
Wed, 04-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Alchemist is bringing 07th Expansion’s fighting game based on Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry) Ougon Musou Kyoku (Golden Dreams Song) to Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360 release includes three additional characters: Jessica Ushiromiya, George Ushiromiya, and Rosa Ushiromiya. The game will also have new scenarios and endings, and Xbox Live support of some form.

Source: Ougon Musou Kyoku X Finds Gold On Xbox 360 (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/19/ougon-musou-kyoku-x-finds-gold-on-xbox-360)

-----

5pb. has announced new June 2 release date for its 2D Xbox 360 fighting game Phantom Breaker. The game had previously been scheduled for April 28 but was delayed late last month.

Source: Phantom Breaker Redated for June 2 (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/20/phantom_breaker_date)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtr08g2c5Kc

darkshadow
Wed, 04-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Still not liking this one, Aquapazza looks so much better; that should have a international console release.
This one just looks meh.

Marik
Wed, 04-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Producer Katsuhiro Harada left us a nice little present on Facebook. This brand new video clip of the game in motion features Jun Kazama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwiRnyfTtYw

If that gets taken down, you can find the original here. (http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-snc6/213997/181/197531493617930_1997.mp4?oh=7ff86717a59f2f6085ca58 fe31ac8231&oe=4DB1E900&__gda__=1303505152_1e7369879f47eac250253abe8d4fc5c 0)

---

Edit: Castlevania's Michiru Yamane will be composing soundtrack for Skullgirls.

"Michiru Yamane, a Japanese composer better known for her work in games such as Castlevania (Symphony of the Night, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia) and a number of other assorted KONAMI titles, was announced as the composer for the soundtrack of upcoming 2D fighter Skullgirls, and a sample of the soundtrack can already be heard here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV8uYpvMYWQ&feature=player_embedded).

Skullgirls Special Announcement: Michiru Yamane! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0KoKdiUuOg)

---

Edit 2: Arcana Heart 3 is available on the Playstation Network as of today. It is selling for $30, and many users are reporting that this downloadable version can play against owners of the Japanese disc version with no problems.

Marik
Wed, 04-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Ougon Musou Kyoku X Tag Teams Us With New Screens, Summer Release Window (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/27/ougon-musou-kyoku-x-tag-teams-us-with-new-screens-summer-release-window)

Marik
Sat, 04-30-2011, 12:20 AM
w00t!

Rina-chan is being used as a support in this trailer as well.

Oh, wow! Octavia is in this trailer too. Must get this game somehow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVkCi8KTr8o

darkshadow
Sat, 04-30-2011, 09:37 AM
That golden fantasia X looks really good, better than Aquapazza even, I hope the xbla release is global.

Marik
Sat, 04-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Harada, the producer of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, dropped another gameplay clip on the Facebook page today. This one is titled "Snake Test", and features True Ogre and a very living arm made entirely of snakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vttj2W4FyBg

If it gets taken off YouTube, you can view the original here. (http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-snc6/231413/659/199432436761169_25325.mp4?oh=a18a08b48d863fafd5346 bbd51696c50&oe=4DBEB000&__gda__=1304342528_97cb275018a934248051ccd6a95a9ba d)

Edit: lol.. I just noticed that Harada, pulled a Ono with the Kuma toy at the start.

That golden fantasia X looks really good, better than Aquapazza even, I hope the xbla release is global.

Yeah, Golden Fantasia X looks better, but I want Aquapazza more because of the characters.

Marik
Sat, 05-07-2011, 12:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45SvzRA69vY

Screenshots @ GNN (http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/2/53392.html)

Edit: Interview

• TTT2's Character roster is still pegged at 44 (biggest roster yet in Tekken).

• Jun Kazama is mentioned, and once again Harada clarifies that officially Jun was never considered ‘dead’, but ‘missing’.

• Tekken Tag 2's graphic quality is much better than that of Tekken 6. Improvements include more detail in facial expressions, musculature in character models, shader effects and other extensive treatments (talk about Extreme Makeover!). In terms of polygons used, TTT2 uses 1.5 more than T6 did.

• The version shown in the Taipei Expo is not the latest version (maybe the AOU build) and has some slowdown. The final version will have no slowdown in play.

• The game is about 70-75% complete, but development was delayed due to the recent earthquake.

• Harada reveals that the game may have an Autumn 2011 (October) release for areas outside Japan.

• TTT2's story is, once again with feeling, non-canon.

• Harada still won’t speak about a console version since the arcade game isn’t out yet, but a home translation is something to look forward to afterwards.

• Progress on SF x Tekken is (to Harada’s estimation) 50%, while Tekken X SF is at 0%(!) since the Tekken devs are concentrating on TTT2.

Marik
Mon, 05-09-2011, 10:03 PM

-----

Screenshots @ 4gamer (http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012084/20110509037)

Yoshimitsu dual wielding ftw. :)

Marik
Wed, 05-11-2011, 03:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmLtgY3S6c&hd=1

“Soulcalibur V is a continuation of SCIV,” says the game’s director, Daishi Odashima. “It’s not a spin-off or a different series.” Odashima was talking to his fans over Twitter about the game right until the announcement itself was made. Amongst other areas, Odashima wishes to improve the game’s story mode.

“The story of V is set in the future of IV,” Odashima says. “The main character is a young man named Patroklos. The hardcore fans should know who he is!” Odashima might be referring to Sophitia and Rothio’s son.

Release set for 2012
- New main character; Patroklos, 25; Sophitia's son and Cassandra's nephew
- Takes place 17 years after the events of SCIV

----------

TEKKEN PROJECT lead, Katsuhiro Harada and Namco Bandai Community Manager, FilthieRich have just announced an original CG feature titled... TEKKEN: Blood Vengeance! Directed by Youichi Mouri, the same man behind the TEKKEN 5 & TEKKEN 6 opening cinematics, with screenplay by Dai Sato from Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex fame... this action packed film is filled with all star talent, including CG production from Digital Frontier, the artists behind Capcom's Resident Evil: Degeneration CG feature! TEKKEN: BLOOD VENGEANCE is slated for a SUMMER 2011 release!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPT_qqJ12s4&hd=1

darkshadow
Wed, 05-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Damn there are some big names working on that tekken movie, will pick up the BD for sure.

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Tekken movie: Wow, Jill Valentine looks awesome in that...oh wait, that's Nina.

SCV: Nice! I'm hoping we see some older versions of the non-immortals and maybe a few successors. Talim in her 30s, grizzled old Mitsurugi, an pupil of Rock (since he was already old in SC4), older wiser (hopefully slower!) Kilik, Cassandra with a more mature personality. If they keep re-using characters without having them age it's just going to be strange. They explicitly stated it takes place 17 years later. Of course, I expect to see Amy and Raphael still young, Ivy they can probably keep the same due to alchemy, same with Tira, similar with Yoshimitsu.

Marik
Wed, 05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbIjwEHgtbc

First Soulcalibur V details @ EuroGamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-11-first-soulcalibur-v-details)

Marik
Sun, 05-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Harada posted another video on Facebook. It's the original trailer with new CG footage throughout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un4i6VsCqhc

(May 16. Location test in Japan start!)

Intro Music by Twitter@AJURIKA <-- He is TTT1 intro composer!!!
He remixed his own old original music ;)
Of course he is My team music Director at the same time.

Marik
Mon, 05-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Footage from the latest build of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has surfaced. This clip features Anna and Nina causing a wall break that leads into a two-tier-stage fall, similar to what is seen in the Dead or Alive games. Looks pretty awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu4j32DXBSk

Marik
Tue, 05-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Direct Feed footage this time. No over the shoulder stuff.

TekkenTag2 TT2 Location Test in Seoul SeoHyun GamePark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=derFk7_HX-o)

TekkenTag2 TT2 Location test in Seoul JungIn 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSB5RnlTFJM)

TekkenTag2 TT2 Location test in Seoul JungIn 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuwxWwtQkGY)

TekkenTag2 TT2 Location test in Seoul JungIn 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJpwsXquQI)

TekkenTag2 TT2 Location test in Seoul JungIn 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWNVhrLwtwo)

TekkenTag2 TT2 Location test in Seoul JungIn 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1d5WGEuNCw)

Marik
Fri, 06-03-2011, 10:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPQh0uPVSMI&hd=1

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-04-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm not sure what to think of that video. I really like some things about it, but some others discourage me a little.

I like the side-dashing that Pyrrha shows off. That could open up a lot of opportunistic strikes and if it is a new mechanic for everyone, then you'd really have to be a lot more wary of those kinds of flanking attacks. Pyrrha looks like all the best parts of Sophitia and Cassandra combined. I'll definitely be playing with her from time to time. Old Mitsurgui looks badass.

On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of the introduction of what appears to be supers. On Joystiq someone mentioned it also looks like they're bringing in Ultras, but those are just more advanced Guard Impacts, which are then followed up with a combo and finished with a taunt. Certain Soul Calibur characters have had more impressive Impacts since SCIII. Seigfried has always had one (the triangular stance with his sword flickers briefly). Cervantes, Amy and Raphael have a few as well. Setsuka has like five.

Marik
Mon, 06-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition will be using GGPO netcode and have Youtube match sharing! It also features a massive “Vault” system, featuring unlockables like artwork. 3rd Strike Online Edition is due for release this Summer and will cost 1200 points / $14.99.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmbw7oLNeWU&hd=1

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/tsoexbla.jpg

Marik
Tue, 06-07-2011, 07:18 AM
King of Fighters XIII is coming out Holiday 2011.

http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii/

SNK Playmore has a home version of The King of Fighters XIII ready and the company publishing the title in North America may surprise you. No, it’s not Ignition. It’s Atlus! The King of Fighters XIII adds fan favorite characters like Yuri, King, Kula, K’, and Mai back to the ring. All of fighters, new and old, have NEOMAX supers and rebalanced move lists.

When The King of Fighters XII came to consoles the game had issues. SNK assures fans they addressed problems from the previous title. The King of Fighters XIII is faster, has more than six different play modes, and characters that better stand out from the game’s vibrant backgrounds. Most pressing are online issues and SNK claims The King of Fighters XIII is vastly improved, thanks to community feedback.

"We view KOF XIII as an oppertunity to deliver a high definition KOF game that meets and exceeds fan expectations. We have worked very hard to listen to all of their concerns and suggestions, to incorporate all of their feedback and ideas, Ryo Mizufune, President of SNK Playmore said. "We are excited to work with Atlus to bring The King of Fighters XIII to North America."

Atlus has The King of Fighters XIII slated for a holiday season release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

darkshadow
Tue, 06-07-2011, 07:32 AM
At long last, finally, I was beginning to believe it would never arrive.

Marik
Thu, 06-09-2011, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB_dN9xj5s4&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwAbYjBBLgM&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHa6CywN2T4&hd=1

darkshadow
Sun, 06-26-2011, 03:07 PM
No idea. A guy from Zen United mentioned packaging in an interview, so it seems like it will be retail.

Seems we missed this:
Arcana Heart 3 LE retail disc release (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/10/europeans-this-is-your-arcana-heart-3-limited-edition/)

Awesome that's in a few days, think I'll be picking up the 360 version.

Marik
Sun, 06-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Seems we missed this:
Arcana Heart 3 LE retail disc release (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/10/europeans-this-is-your-arcana-heart-3-limited-edition/)

Awesome that's in a few days, think I'll be picking up the 360 version.

Nah, I didn't miss it. There's a 6 page thread on CAG (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288096) about ordering this game, so I really can't miss it.

The release was delayed until August, by the way.

Good afternoon everyone.
Unfortunately, we regret to announce that due to some last minute changes we're going to have to push back the release of Arcana Heart 3.

We're working hard to rectify these issues and hope that the delay will not be significant.

We expect the new release date to be in August, and will obviously update you all when we know more.

This is a tough one for us to announce so close to launch - but rest assured we're doing all we can to bring Arcana Heart 3 out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience,
The Zen Team.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Aww, thanks for sharing that. 2 months ain't so bad.

Marik
Wed, 06-29-2011, 01:05 AM
King of Fighters XIII Adds Billy Kane (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/28/the-king-of-fighters-xiii-on-ps3-and-xbox-360-adds-billy-kane)

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Nah, I didn't miss it. There's a 6 page thread on CAG (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288096) about ordering this game, so I really can't miss it.

The release was delayed until August, by the way.

Perfect. Gives me time to find out how the heck to import it to Mexico. I hate digitial-only releases.

Marik
Wed, 06-29-2011, 08:33 PM
KOF XIII Interview with Atlus and SNK Playmore (http://orochinagi.com/2011/06/interview-with-atlus-and-snkp)

Marik
Thu, 06-30-2011, 08:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xKh0ge2_gc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6u4CQhBNQ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhkzQ5Vj3U

---

Leading video game publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced the official release date and fan-decided name for Dragon Ball Z® Ultimate Tenkaichi for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The game will launch on October 25th, 2011 in stores across North America. Prepare to dive into the world of Dragon Ball Z with Earth-shaking combat, a massive character selection, faithful manga-style graphics, and exciting new features.

“Fans of the Dragon Ball series of games are among the most passionate gamers and anime experts in the world,” said Vice President of Marketing at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., Carlson Choi. “That’s why we reached out to them through our social channels and forums last month to find out what the name should be for the deepest, richest and most intense Dragon Ball game yet. The fans have spoken, and today we’re happy to announce that Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi will be hitting stores across the country this October.”

The upcoming Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi is currently in development by Spike Co. Ltd., who are honing their considerable talents to create a new landmark game for the Dragon Ball Z franchise. The game features upgraded environmental and character graphics, with designs drawn from the original manga series. Destructible battlefields, including massive craters and ki blasts cutting across the sky deliver a more dynamic experience and immediate sense of urgency to the exhilarating fights. An enhanced story mode drops players into the rich Dragon Ball Z universe, filled with beloved characters and powerful enemies. An accessible battle system allows gamers of all ages to hold their own in fast-paced battles, while still retaining tactical depth for hardcore fans.

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi will be playable at the NAMCO BANDAI Games booth #5136 and the FUNimation booth #4135 at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. More information related to Dragon Ball Z can be found at: http://www.namcobandaigames.com/console/dragon-ball-z-ultimate-tenkaichi.

darkshadow
Thu, 06-30-2011, 10:04 PM
looks pretty good, I hope tenkaichi 3 combos are back, or at least have some sort of expanded combo system.

Marik
Fri, 07-01-2011, 11:25 AM
(http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/07/01/kofxiii_screens)King of Fighters XIII Screenshots @ andriasang (http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/07/01/kofxiii_screens)

First look at the return of Billy Kane.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/kofxiibk.jpg

Marik
Wed, 07-06-2011, 04:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG-vETVBWUU

Marik
Tue, 07-12-2011, 05:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO5hpyaF-KU

aadie01
Thu, 07-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Well these looks pretty cool. keep sharing like this.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 07-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Stuff about Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi...

Been waiting for a Next Gen version of Tenkaichi! Have 2 wait till October though, bummer.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-14-2011, 11:50 AM
You missed Raging blast 1 and 2?...

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 07-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Didn't bother with them. Didn't have Tenkaichi in it. Why, are they similar?

darkshadow
Thu, 07-14-2011, 06:24 PM
This game is basically Raging blast 3, raging blast was basically tenkaichi 4.

Marik
Fri, 07-15-2011, 12:43 PM
This Is One Of The Characters In Soulcalibur V (She’s A Ninja) (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/15/this-is-one-of-the-characters-in-soulcalibur-v-shes-a-ninja)

I wonder if he'll keep Taki in.

---

This tweet made me lol.

Daishi_CALIBUR Daishi Odashima
It's so hot in the office! The company provided a huge ice block to cool things down but it's not working... http://t.co/kUSX7h5

darkshadow
Fri, 07-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Well she's obviously related to Taki in some way, but unless she had sex with a blond member of the cast, I'd say she's taki's protégé.

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Well she's obviously related to Taki in some way, but unless she had sex with a blond member of the cast, I'd say she's taki's protégé.
Maybe Taki and Setsuka performed a secret ninja ritual and... :rolleyes:

She looks kind of silly, being a blond cheerleader ninja apparently, but I doubt I could handle an old saggy Taki. I hope her moves are remixed like Patroklos and Pyrrha are a mixup of both Sophitia and Cass. I love Taki's moveset, but something more along the lines of SCIII's double kunai would be awesome (I'd say katana & shuriken, but it's pretty clear the new ninja has Rekki-Maru and Mekki-Maru or similar).

Marik
Wed, 07-20-2011, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7lF0LyDzHk

YouTube sharing, live streaming replays, vault points and unlockables, and more are some of the new features of SFIII Online Edition. Oh, I should also mention that it's coming out on August 23rd for PSN and August 24th for XBLA!

So hyped for this. Time to get a $20 PSN card to cover this and the 4th MK char.

Marik
Thu, 07-21-2011, 10:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v4BiNS74wM

Marik
Fri, 07-22-2011, 09:16 AM
SoulCalibur V: Ivy, Natsu, & Zwei Images (http://vegivo.com/2011/07/20/new-screens-and-character-reveal-for-soul-calibur-v/)

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-22-2011, 03:19 PM
NOoooooooo....Ivy is more substantially dressed in SCV, ending the tradition of her always wearing less each time. I like the way it looks though. I can't say I'm surprised that she hasn't aged at all. Given her background, she was one of the only character where it would make any kind of sense. Here's hoping they make her a bit more playable than she was in SC4. It was so hard flow into, much less keep her in, whip stance.

As for Natsu (presumably replacing Taki), she moves exactly like Taki. I am a bit disappointed. Maybe there will be some subtle differences, but a lot of those moves have the same frames of animation in SC4.

Zwei at least looks like a new style from what they show us. I don't think I'd use him though.

Marik
Sun, 07-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue Included In Tekken Hybrid Package

PlayStation 3 owners will get a taste of fighting game Tekken Tag Tournament 2 this fall. A "Prologue" version of the arcade game will be included in the upcoming Tekken Hybrid Blu-ray, Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada revealed at Comic-Con today.

In addition to the CG animated feature Tekken: Blood Vengeance and the enhanced port Tekken Tag Tournament HD, Tekken Hybrid will also include Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue, essentially a demo version of a game that was previously only announced for arcades. That's three Tekken things on just one disc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP9ZLNhEOc0

-----

SoulCalibur V - Comic-Con Stage Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTKDz68nmeI

Archangel
Sun, 07-24-2011, 11:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v4BiNS74wM

I've already played Tenkaichi 3, Raging Blast 1 and 2 and this seems like that shit all over again. Maybe... even more characters??!!!

darkshadow
Sun, 07-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Aquapazza - Ma-Ryan reveal trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlAdM1HCzU4&feature=BFa&list=ULhOJZyMFRn0w&index=88

Marik
Mon, 07-25-2011, 01:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLmIpeiPdX4

Edit: http://soulcalibur.com/en_US has been updated with character bios and stats.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Nice! I was a little apprehensive about Natsu since the earlier photos made it look like she was a frame for frame copy of Taki. But she has some interesting looking moves of her own. If Taki did have that wall-jump attack, I sure never used it before.

The stage demo with Pyrrha had some really awesome moves. She's got some hidden vicious streaks. I loved the throw where she pulls her opponent down onto her sword, as well as the throat slash throw. She more like Sophitia, but more mobile, where her brother comes off as more like Cassandra. Definitely playing Pyrrha.

Now give me Amy, Setsuka (or a successor), and a double kunai create-a-soul and I'll be one happy fan.

Xelbair
Mon, 07-25-2011, 05:56 PM
I just want Amy to be in the game, i loved her style in SC4.

Marik
Tue, 07-26-2011, 11:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFQbGHJSXLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIi6slF38LU

darkshadow
Tue, 07-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Jessica and battler look awesome. It's just silly this game doesn't have an international release seeing how good it looks.

Marik
Tue, 07-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Indeed. I'm just hoping that it's region free, so I can get my hands on it. If not, then hopefully a company like Aksys releases it outside of Japan.

Archangel
Tue, 07-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Indeed. I'm just hoping that it's region free, so I can get my hands on it. If not, then hopefully a company like Aksys releases it outside of Japan.
That would be quite glorious, shit looks great

bagandscalpel
Wed, 07-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue Included In Tekken Hybrid Package

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP9ZLNhEOc0

Just saw Blood Vengeance earlier tonight.

While I dislike asking favors of groups and strangers, PLEASE do NOT watch this film.

Marik
Thu, 07-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Rising Star Games announced they’re going to bring The King of Fighters XIII to Europe this winter. The news came with a new trailer and a few facts like The King of Fighters XIII has over 30 playable characters, that number includes five characters never before seen in previous King of Fighters titles. Rising Star Games also says there are unlockable customization options (different colors, parts, and icons) plus special endings for story mode depending on the team you pick.

The European publisher also promises global online play that has been optimized for high speed Internet connections. They say the revised online system reduces the time to wait for a match and more importantly lag during fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ7NlmrUUE4

Animeniax
Thu, 07-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Watched the highlights of the Tekken movie from 2010 today at work. Outside of some cool fighting scenes and hot butt crack action from Christie Monteiro,

it's a run-of-the-mill fighting game movie.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
KOF13 looking great.

Marik
Fri, 07-29-2011, 06:43 AM
SNK revealed Saiki one of the brand new characters made for the console version of The King of Fighters XIII. Players will need to clear certain conditions before unlocking Saiki.

Pre-order The King of Fighters XIII and you also get an additional character, a version of Iori who his regained his pyrokinectic powers.

SNK also outlined the various modes in The King of Fighters XIII. Players can battle through a visual novel-esque story mode, challenge other players via online battle mode, and complete missions (survival, time attack, and trial) in mission mode. The King of Fighters XIII also has a tutorial mode, arcade mode, practice mode, replay mode, gallery mode, and customize mode.

----

KOF XIII sounds way better than KOF XII already. XII didn't have shit for modes.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Yeah pff KOF13 seems to adress everything that was missing from 12. Can't wait.
Oh and your attachments are busted.

Marik
Fri, 07-29-2011, 06:49 AM
Oh and your attachments are busted.

Hrmm, they're showing for me.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Yeah they are working now.
Also saw it has a freaking colour edit mode, haven't seen that since CvS2!....smh @ blazblue colour downloads....

Marik
Fri, 07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Full website is now live! (http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii)

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/kofxiii_faithful_cdreveal_crop.jpg

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-29-2011, 12:42 PM
So different covers depending on the console?

Marik
Fri, 07-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Looks to be that way. I prefer the PS3 one because it has Mai and it's less cluttered.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Mai on the cover is indeed nice, but I like the green colour scheme more. Both covers are pretty damn fitting for the box they are in.

Marik
Fri, 07-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Now that I think about it, KOF XII has a different box art for each system.

Marik
Mon, 08-01-2011, 08:25 AM
TTT2: Gameplay Movie 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo9vUQ-hy5Y&hd=1)
TTT2: Gameplay Movie 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knbfSUq2V0c&hd=1)
TTT2: Gameplay Movie 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNqCruYSIA&hd=1)
TTT2: Gameplay Movie 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA-zIQadNYw&hd=1)
TTT2: Gameplay Movie 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSNcfPULj5A&hd=1)
TTT2: Gameplay Movie 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys5q0LKoi0Q&hd=1)

SCV: Zwei vs Patroclus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJil7kbtW7Q&hd=1)
SCV: Ivy vs Natsu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjSyPNbEV-A&hd=1)
SCV: Mitsurugi vs Siegfried (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2yWdykm3RA&hd=1)

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-01-2011, 05:45 PM
It kind of felt was obvious that whoever was playing as Natsu had never used Taki before...

It's pretty clear now that Natsu has a lot of her own unique moves, but they only seem to have gotten the hang of her toward the end. The Ivy player was playing really conservatively, mostly spamming throws and repeating moves. Great timing on the blocks, but the Natsu player wasn't pushing anywhere near as hard as they should have been.

Judging from her lines...I'm guessing she's French? If they're going to make a foreigner ninja, that country would actually make sense.

Equal amounts of spamming in the other two videos...Zwei vs Patroclus I can understand, both new characters. Mitsurugi vs Siegfried showed some competency, but they're both longtime series mainstays, so it was a bit boring. Good use of Sieggy's stances though.

Marik
Tue, 08-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Another offspring announced for the SCV roster and she's 15... Anyone else notice how it's only the women that are being replaced so far? It's looking like Sophitia, Taki, Xianghua, and Cassandra won't be returning.

Xianghua’s Daughter, Leixia, Enters Soulcalibur V (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/02/xianghuas-daughter-leixia-enters-soulcalibur-v)

Soulcalibur V Director Explains The Game’s Critical Edge Combat System (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/02/soulcalibur-v-director-explains-the-games-critical-edge-combat-system)

Edit: The original artwork of Leixia and her mother, given to popular Xianghua player Kayane as a gift by Daishi Odashima at EVO2K11.

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Meanwhile, Ivy will be closer to Soulcalibur and Soulcalibur II. “Her basic moves will be in sword form and by holding the button down, can be turned into a whip,” Odashima revealed.Oh thank GOD...Ivy will be playable again. I got annoyed by getting frequently getting stuck in sword form in SCIII, but SCIV Ivy was nigh-unplayable because you were locked in sword mode until you switched. Worse, any move you did locked it back into sword mode or, at best, coiled mode.

Marik
Mon, 08-15-2011, 04:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyZzx5_R4l4&hd=1

Hilde, Voldo, Maxi, and Tira are returning.

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Heh, Tira looks more insane than ever. Love it.

darkshadow
Mon, 08-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Tira's alt was super hot in sc3, I hope it returns >_>.

Marik
Tue, 08-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown will finally be released overseas as a downloadable game next summer on PSN and Live Arcade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_qjJ6eI1Og

darkshadow
Tue, 08-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Fuck yessss, about goddamn time; I hope this can be a smaller download if you already have VF5.

rockmanj
Tue, 08-23-2011, 01:17 PM
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2011/08/street-fighter-3-third-strike-online-edition.ars?comments=1#comments-bar I will be getting this!

Marik
Tue, 08-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Did you pre-order it to get Gill and the theme? I did.

Edit: Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection hits XBLA, PSN on August 31 (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/23/mortal-kombat-arcade-kollection-hits-xbla-psn-on-august-31/)

rockmanj
Tue, 08-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Did you pre-order it to get Gill and the theme? I did.

Edit: Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection hits XBLA, PSN on August 31 (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/23/mortal-kombat-arcade-kollection-hits-xbla-psn-on-august-31/)

I just found out about it today :\

Edit: Had money in my PSN wallet, so I went ahead and got it. Came with Gill, but no theme. Man...I am rusty.

Marik
Tue, 08-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Atlus is teaming up with Arc System Works for a 2D fighter that will be released first for arcades in Spring 2012, then for PS3 and Xbox 360 in Summer 2012. Developed by the team behind Arc's BlazBlue fighting series, the Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena has a new story that takes place two yeas after the events of Persona 4. Characters from Persona 4 and Persona 3 will feature in the game.

andriasang: Atlus Announces Persona 4 Vita, Persona 4 Fighter, and Teases Persona 5 (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_developments/)

Edit: Siliconera: BlazBlue Team Developing Persona 4 Fighting Game (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/blazblue-team-developing-persona-4-fighting-game)

darkshadow
Tue, 08-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Interesting I guess...

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-30-2011, 08:24 PM
andriasang: Atlus Announces Persona 4 Vita, Persona 4 Fighter, and Teases Persona 5 (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_developments/)

Edit: Siliconera: BlazBlue Team Developing Persona 4 Fighting Game (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/blazblue-team-developing-persona-4-fighting-game)

I died. I seriously fucking died.

Excuse while I fangasm.

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 09-02-2011, 10:54 AM
I need your help guys...

I've been searching for a game for the PS1. I've rented it once back in '98 or something and it's a fighting game. I don't know the story or characters name or anything. Only things I remember are two characters: 1 looked like a power ranger (more like a VR trooper) and he had acrobatic-like moves and one was and Ishida (or Jin from Samurai Champloo) lookin' dude in a tuxedo performing magical attacks (hexagram stars on the floor and such). I thought the game was pretty awesome. I know it's not much but... anybody?

Marik
Fri, 09-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Was it 3D or 2D?

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah, 3D.

Edit: Hah, found it. It's called Evil Zone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_Zone) and it looks kinda crappy. Guess back then it was pretty cool.

darkshadow
Fri, 09-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Well your description is incredibly vague so I'll just list some fighters from that era:
Battle Arena Toshiden
Destrega
Bushido Blade
Cardinal Syn
Psychic Force
Ranma 1/2: Battle Renaissance
Tobal (nr.2)
kensei scared fist
Bloody roar.

darkshadow
Fri, 09-02-2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NFX__d7gG7A

This looks better each time I see it, now I just hope to god the battle system is more like tenkaichi 3 instead of this raging blast crap...

Marik
Fri, 09-02-2011, 12:43 PM
I believe the game is Evil Zone, Killa-Eyez.

Evil Zone - Danzaiver Vol 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRMaDgt-eOg&t=111) <-- I believe these are the two dudes you described.

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Yes, I edited my previous post saying I found it already. Thanks anyway!

Marik
Thu, 09-08-2011, 03:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9f5WC7kMzw

Persona 4 The Ultimate Mayonaka Arena Screenshots (http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/09/08/persona_4_ultimate_screens/)

darkshadow
Thu, 09-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Looks great as expected, but with:
UMVC3
KOF13
SFxT
and VF5FS I don't really need another fighter. The only other one I would like is ougon musou kyoko x...

Marik
Thu, 09-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I'll probably skip it as well. King of Fighters XIII and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 are coming in October/November and then SoulCalibur V, Street Fighter X Tekken, and the Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 patch are coming next year. There's also BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, which I'll be getting whenever it drops.

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-09-2011, 10:52 PM
You should've posted that trailer on the Shin Megami Tensei thread Marik. Those that will buy the game probably read that thread. Though I can understand just 3 or 4 people visit that thread =P

Marik
Wed, 09-14-2011, 08:40 AM
:)!!!!

Dead or Alive 5 in development, heading to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2012 (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/14/dead-or-alive-5-in-development-headed-to-playstation-3-and-xbox)

Another fighter to add to my list.

Edit: ANN has pics from the announcement. Dead or Alive 5 Coming to PS3/Xbox 360 in 2012 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-09-14/dead-or-alive-5-coming-to-ps3/xbox-360-in-2012)

darkshadow
Wed, 09-14-2011, 10:07 AM
If they fix some of the annoyances I have with the DOA series, sign me up too.

Marik
Wed, 09-14-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsznlg5olBE

Source: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-09-14/dead-or-alive-5-game-pre-alpha-version-video-streamed)

Edit: Throwing this in too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Cmuaxojmo

darkshadow
Wed, 09-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Hmm still actually saw the hands out counter...I really hope they retool the counter system...

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-14-2011, 07:09 PM
I really hope they retool the counter system...Only because you suck at it.
:p

Since DOA2, it's always been about counters. They do a lot of damage. Mix up your attacks to fake your opponent out. That's why there are so many combos. Use throws. Not that hard.

darkshadow
Wed, 09-14-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't suck at it, that's exactly why I want it to be harder, timing should be stricter; right now it just sucks, it's not fighting, just playing a glorified game of rock paper scissors.

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-14-2011, 07:43 PM
You could argue that most fighting games are complicated, glorified versions of Rock Paper Scissors. So many of them have the system (any that have a high/medium/low hit system, which is most) where :

- normal block counters high and med but not low
- low block counters med and low but not high

Or: Combo A of Character Q will always have a frame advantage over anything that Character R can open with.

Or: Player 1 intentionally used a pattern during the first round always followed Kasumi's teleport with a low jab. Player 2 goes to counter, and Player 1 throws them instead.

Counter or blocking heavy games (DOA, VF, SC, Melty Blood) have always been about the mind games between two opponents. It's the 2D fighters where execution takes first priority. There's less to work with, less freedom for fake outs.

Marik
Thu, 09-15-2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYVyFuDi8Mo&amp;hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ia3Dqpc2VU&amp;hd=1

darkshadow
Thu, 09-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I really need to play this myself...I had no idea what was going on with the camera and all those quicktime events..

Marik
Thu, 09-15-2011, 11:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPZvhcNyyuU&amp;hd=1

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Final Boss Footage: **Spoilers**

Tekken Tag 2 - Final Stage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-9V-UmibbI)

Tekken Tag 2 vs CPU (Final Boss) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q60NiIt-IB8)

Marik
Sat, 09-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Thanks to your excellent feedback, we have created a patch that will address a few bugs that you may have run into while playing Street Fighter III Online Edition. The patch will update the following items -

- Fixes a bug that made it difficult to get into a Ranked Match, especially during times of peak traffic.
- Fixes a bug that could cause players to have very large disconnection percentages (> 100)
- Fixes a bug that could cause characters to become invisible online, or to be displayed with incorrect colors.
- Fixes a bug that sometimes caused Hugo’s combo trial #2 to not detect correctly
- Fixes a bug that permitted an exploit in Trial mode when using "stun" settings
- Fixes some rare crashes
- Improves network stability
- Adds support for additional DLC packs
- Raises the online level cap

The patch is currently going through the submissions process, and we are targeting a 9/27 release date. Make sure to check back as we will have more news about this update.

Also, we are working on another patch that will address some additional items, as well as add some new functionality to the game (hello dummy recording in training mode!).

Street Fighter III Online Edition Patch Information (http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/blog/2011/09/16/street_fighter_iii_online_edition_patch_informatio n)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtJyzQdzD94

darkshadow
Sat, 09-17-2011, 07:33 AM
It looks cool, but I'm still worried about the combo system, also it doesn't seem like you can just shoot an attack anymore; everything seems to become cinematic as soon as you fire it..

Killa-Eyez
Sat, 09-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah, not very Budokai Tenkaichi like. Don't think I'll cop it.

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-17-2011, 11:31 AM
When I saw that Dragon Ball trailer I was wondering when the gameply would start... I thought I was watching an animated cutscene.

Marik
Tue, 09-27-2011, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKZk8ULvlAQ

darkshadow
Tue, 09-27-2011, 05:46 PM
FFFFFF it got delayed? WTH are they thinking releasing it in the same window as UMVC3; I was really looking forward to playing it hardcore for at least a month before UMVC3 got released :[.

Marik
Tue, 09-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah, that got delayed and Skullgirls got delayed until 2012. I was really looking forward to teaming up Parasoul and Peacock. :( Well, at least they're adding things like a custom soundtrack option for PS3.

Gameplay speed changes – 10% faster!
Lots of new effects and overall presentation improvements
Upgraded backgrounds to 3D
Additional music from Michiru Yamane
Requested color palettes
Accidental pause prevention option – hold Start for 15 frames to pause
PlayStation 3 custom soundtrack option
Button macros to help when playing on a pad
Innumerable balance and gameplay tweaks
In-game art galleries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlSCXidxy04

Gonna be a busy 2012..

Skullgirls
Street Fighter X Tekken
SoulCalibur V
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Dead or Alive 5
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend

Marik
Wed, 09-28-2011, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o1p28nPNP0

Marik
Sat, 10-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Hudson Soft announced today, via their twitter, that a new installment in the Bloody Roar series is in production. They note that more will be revealed soon, and use the hashtags #BloodyRoarProject2012 and #BloodyRoar5. This leads me to believe that they are aiming for a 2012 release date, making them just another game in the massive list of fighters set to debut in the next year and a half. Lets hope they can achieve something special with their were-beast-brawler.

Hudson: New Bloody Roar title 'in production' (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/01/hudson-new-bloody-roar-title-in-production/)

darkshadow
Wed, 10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Well the bloody roar thing was a hoax.

Anyway I've been playing the ougon musou kyoku x demo and it's pretty awesome I really like beatrice. Battler is pretty cool too, this should definitly get localised.

Marik
Wed, 10-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Well the bloody roar thing was a hoax.

Yeah, ANN had an article on it two days ago. Bloody Roar Game Sequel Not in Production (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-10-03/bloody-roar-game-sequel-not-in-production)

GameTrailers posted an Exclusive Dead or Alive 5 Trailer. Carl White (Perfect Legend) seems pretty hype about it. Hopefully, DOA5 makes it to EVO, so he came become a two time DOA EVO champ.

GameTrailers: Dead or Alive 5: Exclusive TGS Gameplay Trailer HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-tgs-dead-or/721700)

Also, the 360 exclusive fighter, Phantom Breaker is listed on Amazon. Hopefully, it's not fake and will actually be released here.

Phantom Breaker Special Edition @ Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Breaker-Special-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B005GWU01G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317674559&sr=8-1)

Update: Southpeak Are “Looking At The Possibility” Of Publishing Phantom Breaker (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/05/southpeak-are-looking-at-the-possibility-of-publishing-phantom-breaker/)

Marik
Mon, 10-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Can't say that I'm surprised by this.

Edit: Some more info from the PS3 Live Blog.

PS3BlogLive: hint: "our life is made by the death of others" - new guest character on SCV!!!
("our life is made by the death of others" is a quote from Leonardo da Vinci.)

PS3BlogLive: Collectors Edition comes with artwork, DLC, two characters exclusive to CE

PS3BlogLive: worldwide launch: Jan 31st, 2012!

THE GUEST IS FROM ASSASINS CREED: (Ezio Auditore!)
Note: There are also 3 more NEW characters on the select screen.

http://i.imgur.com/Wq4Xk.jpg

~New Characters
Ezio Auditore (Guest)
Nightmare
Leixia (She is the 15 year old daughter of Xianghua)
New unknown male character

Comment From Mintia This is what we got. Worldwide release: January 31, 2012. Guest Character is Ezio from the Assassin's Creed series. Collector's Edtion of the game comes with artwork and two exclusive characters (Boo!). A character select screen was leaked showing Nightmare, Leixia, and a new character wearing a hat and semi-hidden in shadows.

Marik
Fri, 10-21-2011, 09:44 AM
January 31st can't come soon enough. I'm hyped for this. That remixed theme is nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBVdXToUvII

Edit: WTF! Trailer for some pre-order dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX8yTIXXL7s

SOULCALIBUR V delivers exhilarating 3D fighting mechanics, breathtaking visuals, and new characters alongside expanded online and character creation modes. In addition, Dampierre from SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny will be available as an exclusive pre-order bonus playable character, and a feature-packed Collector's Edition is coming to retailers across Europe. SOULCALIBUR V is poised to become the preeminent fighting game experience on its release in Europe on February 3rd 2012.

Marik
Sat, 10-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Z.W.E.I. Character Walkthrough (Cam) HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/z-w-e-i-character-soul-calibur/722735)

Viola Character Walkthrough (Cam) HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/viola-character-soul-calibur/722733)

Ezio Character Walkthrough (Cam) HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ezio-character-soul-calibur/722731)

That pistol! :)

darkshadow
Sat, 10-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Aside from being crazy hot, Viola actually looks a lot of fun to play with, her "super" reminds me of aegis reflector.
Ezio however really fits the game nicely, I can already see myself using him a lot when I get this game eventually; shame he doesn't actually speak italian though.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Viola's playstyle reminds me so much of Litchi from BlazBlue that there's no question that I will have to play her as much as possible. The ball, placing and returning it it is a lot like Litchi's matenbou, and her very close rushdown mixed up by the ball moving in and out feels so familiar. She's going to be a blast to play. I like her costume style too, even if the skirt looks like an Amy palette swap. Viola and Natsu are going to be a lot of fun to mess with people, even if Seig is my best character.

Ezio looks like a lot of fun too. Kind of like Link actually.

Marik
Sat, 10-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Aram Jabbari from Atlus stopped by GameSpot’s studios to demo the online play in King of Fighters XIII.

The King of Fighters XIII Multiplayer Demo (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/video/6341359)

Marik
Tue, 10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGS8b506QHE

darkshadow
Fri, 12-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Did anyone get Tekken hybrid? I really want the blood vengeance movie, but ttt2 prologue only has 4 chars..I was wondering if it was worth it?

Psyke
Fri, 12-09-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm playing KOF XIII and think it's really good, brings me back to the old days of 98. Can't wait to get Iori with flames and Nests Kyo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-HZLoZVb8c

Marik
Fri, 12-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Can't wait to get Iori with flames and Nests Kyo.

I want to get it, but I'm trying to hold out for $29.99 or less to offset the cost of the DLC a little.

Here's a NESTS style Kyo combo video that Atlus released on their channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=7KYWNwHlNp4

darkshadow
Sat, 12-10-2011, 10:12 PM
So nobody got tekken Hybrid?

Marik
Sat, 12-10-2011, 11:57 PM

It doesn't have online play, so I didn't bother getting it. Ill wait for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rBXsUibx-4

Marik
Thu, 12-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Tecmo Koei has a big bonus for those who pick up Ninja Gaiden 3 early. The game's first print run will include a serial code for downloading a demo of Dead or Alive 5.

The demo, titled "Demo Alpha Version," differs for PS3 and 360 owners. PS3 owners get Hayate and Ayane as playable characters. Xbox 360 owners get Hayabusa and Hitomi as playable characters.

Want all four characters? Then you'll need to pick up the game's pricier Collectors Edition. Buyers of this version get the Dead or Alive 5 Demo Alpha Version Premium Edition, which includes all four characters.

Tecmo Koei says that the demo will not be released outside of the Ninja Gaiden 3 bonus.

Andriasang: Ninja Gaiden 3 Includes Dead or Alive 5 Demo (http://andriasang.com/comzdb/doa5_demo)

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 12-19-2011, 12:19 PM

I did. And yes, lacking online play is a bummer. Not a big fan of the movie either though the CGI was magnificent.

Marik
Mon, 12-19-2011, 07:05 PM
ATLUS RELEASES NEW DETAILS ABOUT FORTHCOMING ONLINE PATCH FOR THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, REVEALS THAT NESTS KYO DLC WILL BE SLIGHTLY DELAYED FOR PLAYSTATION 3 SYSTEM AND WILL LAUNCH AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE ($2.99) TO COMPENSATE

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — DECEMBER 19, 2011 — ATLUS today released new information regarding the upcoming online patch for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, the latest entry in the legendary fighting franchise, for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system (PS3™) and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

According to ATLUS and developer SNK PLAYMORE, the patch will seek to make the game’s network infrastructure more consistent for users, ensuring that the evaluation given connections is more accurate to the actual play experience. Moreover, the patch will introduce ranked host-side filtering, eliminating the frustration of match hosts unable to avoid matches with players with poor connections. In addition to a number of other improvements, the update will also address a number of rare glitches reported since the game’s release. No release date currently exists for the update, but ATLUS reports that the developer is making every effort to release the patch as soon as possible.

ATLUS also today revealed that the North American PlayStation®Network release of NESTS Kyo, the next DLC character to be made available, would be delayed until 1/10 due to a technical error. The Xbox LIVE® Marketplace release (12/20) of the DLC will not be affected.

“We apologize to our PlayStation 3 system KOF XIII fans for the slight delay of the next downloadable character,” stated Aram Jabbari, Manager of PR and Sales at ATLUS. “In gratitude to our fans for their patience, we will be discounting the NESTS Kyo character to $2.99 for a limited time when it is finally released in the North American PlayStation®Store on 1/10.”

---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=I4s0XhKsgK8

Psyke
Tue, 12-20-2011, 06:59 AM
I bought Nests Kyo today from the Asian PSN, but some how we still don't have Flame Iori yet.....

Marik
Sat, 12-24-2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DsopO8zmF4s

I hope they release a DLC Bundle.

Marik
Thu, 12-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Aquapazza, Examu’s Fighting Game With Utawarerumono Leads, Is Coming Home (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/28/aquapazza-examus-fighting-game-with-utawarerumono-characters-is-coming-home)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zxNeIlziJeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TufLvW_eT2Q

Marik
Wed, 01-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Phantom Breaker, 5pb’s Gals Fighting Game, Is Coming Here, But Not From Southpeak (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/04/phantom-breaker-5pbs-gals-fighting-game-is-coming-here-but-not-from-southpeak)

Now I just need Golden Fantasia X.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTr2MjBdxQ

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Now I just need Golden Fantasia X.
Very much so.

Even if they go the route of CAVE releasing DeathSmiles IIx untranslated over XLBA. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

darkshadow
Wed, 01-04-2012, 07:35 PM
golden fantasia would be great, I still play the demo every now and then cause I really like how it plays.

Marik
Fri, 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Hrmm, I just saw that there was a new version of Ougon Musou Kyoku (Golden Fantasia) released at Comiket 81 titled, "Ougon Musou Kyoku †CROSS."

It adds the three characters that were added to X on 360, (George Ushiromiya, Rosa Ushiromiya, & Jessica Ushiromiya) plus three new characters, Erika Furudo, Dlanor A. Knox, & Black Battler. There will also be three more characters released in a Spring 2012 patch, Lambdadelta, Bernkastel, & Willard H. Wright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=ObO_3aSakl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=Hs9Kt3Z12y4

darkshadow
Sat, 01-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Wait so 6 new characters? I hope X will be able to update to this version, or just skip X and release this one out of japan.

Marik
Tue, 01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vfGdn75YY1I

Marik
Thu, 02-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Sony Computer Entertainment Taiwan is collaborating with FK Digital to bring Chaos Code from arcades to consoles.

Chaos Code is a 2D fighting game, which made its debut at AOU 2011 when Sega announced they would release it in Japan. The game is designed to be accessible with only four buttons: weak punch, weak kick, strong punch, and strong kick.

Chaos Code was seen running on a PS3 at an event in Taiwan. Video game magazine Gemaga saw the game running and reports Chaos Code will be available on PS3 by the end of this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuW2vMt99NE

Sources: andriasang (http://andriasang.com/comzua/chaos_code_ps3) & siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/02/chaos-code-is-coming-to-ps3-by-the-end-of-this-year)

Marik
Thu, 02-16-2012, 06:28 AM
The home conversion includes all the characters from the arcade version, plus at least four more:

Chizuru Kashiwagi (from Kizuato)
Oboro (from Utawareru Mono)
Serika Kurusugawa (from To Heart)
Llyr (or Suiru, from Tears to Tiara)

Serika and Llyr appear as partner characters.

Modes of play for the PS3 version include story mode, network battle, score attack, gallery, and a training mode that's improved over the arcade version. The conversion is currently 80% complete.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4943/23rm5.jpg (http://andriasang.com/comzzg/aquapazza_ps3_screens/)

Sources: andriasang (http://andriasang.com/comzyv/ps3_aquapazza) & siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/15/aquapazzas-new-console-only-challengers)

w00t! I can't wait for this! Oh, and there's a wiki...

http://aquapazza.wikia.com/wiki/Aquapazza_Wiki

bagandscalpel
Thu, 02-16-2012, 10:37 PM

GET HYPE (http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=556)

Since it's Plus, there's a chance that we'll be seeing Kliff, Justice, and EX characters thrown into the mix. Here's to hoping they're going to be balanced.

Marik
Thu, 02-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Looks like its just an arcade port with the plus being online play.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus Coming To PSN And XBLA With Online Play (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/16/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-coming-to-psn-and-xbla-with-online-play/)

Marik
Mon, 03-05-2012, 12:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=m75vMsVAKV4

darkshadow
Mon, 03-05-2012, 01:53 PM
That's actually pretty badass, I wonder if they will include Akira's awesome command counters; with the HUGE counter window doa games has, he should become an absolute countering beast.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I can't wait to see the inevitable Akira vs. Kokoro matches. Shit's going to be amazing.

Glad to see that Ayane and Kasumi are essentially intact. I think tecmo has a good handle on how to update their fighter without ruining it the way Namco did with SCV.

I can also see where they are finally going with making the character's faces look more natural. I still can't say I'm thrilled with the way Hitomi became a little bit more of a butterface, but Kasumi and Ayane look way more Japanese than they ever have. It makes them look less like jailbait plastic dolls, and more like young, actually Japanese girls. It's on one of the good sides of the uncanny valley.

Can't wait to see Lei Fang (and Jann Lee for comparison).

darkshadow
Tue, 03-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Lol I just found a drawing I drew years ago...
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/213/predictiondurke.jpg

Marik
Wed, 03-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Wondering how Akira will play in the Dead or Alive universe? Hayashi says that the character's commands are basically unchanged from VF.

via andriasang (http://andriasang.com/con075/doa5_vf_characters)

/me prays for the inclusion of Eileen.

Marik
Wed, 03-14-2012, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=fPjTgYGHS8U

Marik
Thu, 03-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Pai
Sarah
Akira
Mila
Rig
Bayman
Hitomi
Christie
Brad
Lisa
Eliot
Ayane
Leifang
Hayate
Kokoro
Bass
Leon
Helena
Genfu
Kasumi
Hayabusa
Jannlee
Tina
Zack
Alpha152

Damn no Eileen, but I'll take Sarah and Pai.

Source: SRK
(http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/22/rumor-entire-dead-or-alive-5-cast-discovered-in-demo-code/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nL4YRVjIU5Y

Aquaplus is updating their crossover fighting game Aquapazza with four new characters in April. Players will be able to fight as Oboro from Utawarerumono and Chizuru Kashiwagi from Kizuato. Serika Kursugawa from To Heart and Llyr from Tears to Tiara join as partner characters.

Sounds familiar, huh? That’s because Aquaplus announced these fighters for the PS3 version, which is slated for release in Japan this summer. All four characters will make their debut in arcades, though.

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-23-2012, 03:15 AM
Pai
Sarah
Akira
Kokoro

Damn no Eileen, but I'll take Sarah and Pai.

Source: SRK
(http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/22/rumor-entire-dead-or-alive-5-cast-discovered-in-demo-code/)
Aww, no Aoi. With as counter and throw heavy as DOA is, I was kinda expecting to see her. She and Kokoro could have bonded and then both gone to the beach together to play volleyball.

I'm sure Sarah and Tina will do the same. Or maybe Pai and Tina, since both of them are stars and hate their fathers.

Marik
Thu, 03-29-2012, 09:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=cDLWEH7puaI

The official PlayStation 3 website for Aquapazza -AQUAPLUS Dream Match- began streaming the fighting game edition's first promotional video on Thursday. The video includes gameplay clips and showcases characters from bishōjo game maker AQUAPLUS's titles, including the version's four exclusive playable characters Oboro (Utawarerumono), Chizuru Kashiwagi (Kizuato), Llyr (Tears to Tiara), and Serika Kurusugawa (To Heart).

The game's regular edition will cost 7,140 yen (about US$87), while the limited edition will cost 8,379 yen (US$102) and bundle a special soundtrack CD and stick card set. A special deluxe set will also bundle a "Rapbox Real Arcade Pro.V3 SAP" joystick controller with character art and cost 20,790 yen (US$253). Those who pre-order the game by the end of May will receive a special clear file with an original design. In addition to the new characters, the PlayStation 3 version's other updates include PLAYSTATION Network play support as well as new story, score attack, training, and gallery modes.

Examu, the creator of the successful Japanese fighting game franchise Arcana Heart, developed Aquapazza as a 2D arcade game that was released last June. AQUAPLUS is streaming nine promotional videos for the original arcade version on its official website.

Aquapazza -AQUAPLUS Dream Match- will ship for the PlayStation 3 in Japan on June 28.

Marik
Mon, 05-14-2012, 10:03 AM
SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON – May 14, 2012 - SEGA® of America Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that the console release date and retail price for Virtua Fighter™ 5 Final Showdown. The stand-alone downloadable 3D fighting game is set to make its console debut on June 5 for PlayStation®Network and June 6 for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will be priced at $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 for PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points for XBLA.

Character customization DLC packs will be available immediately upon launch for all 19 fighters, with each character customization pack costing $4.99/ £3.59/ AUD$6.25/ €4.49 for PSN and 400 Microsoft Points for XBLA, and will contain 600-950 customization items. Two additional customization packs, consisting of nine characters’ worth of DLC items and the other with 10 characters’ worth, will also be available at launch for $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 each on PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points each on XBLA.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown brings the latest arcade version of the Virtua Fighter 5 series to consoles worldwide, adding two new characters—Virtua Fighter 3 favorite Taka-Arashi and newcomer Jean Kujo—and dynamic and interactive fighting arenas. Console-only features include a robust and detailed Training Mode, eight player Online Room Match Mode, and a match record feature to replay, save, and upload fights. Developed by AM2, the console version of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will bring the storied franchise’s detailed balance, overhauled fighting mechanics, and extreme depth to new audiences and VF veterans alike in the acclaimed series’ best version yet.

Source: SRK (http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/14/virtua-fighter-5-final-showdown-releases-on-june-5th-and-6th-for-psn-and-xbla)

$15 is a great price, but I'd rather have the game on disc. I'm not going to bother with the customization packs.

Marik
Thu, 05-17-2012, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnSS4YsEm2E&amp;feature=player_embedded

fahoumh
Sun, 05-20-2012, 07:50 PM
The last Virtua Fighter I played was 2 on the Saturn. I remember it being a pretty technical game...button mashing didn't get you very far. I wonder if this one carries the same quality.

Marik
Mon, 05-21-2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7rj5-sP1xg&amp;feature=player_embedded

/me marks out for Kunimitsu

Marik
Thu, 05-24-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A7qaBBsjvs&amp;feature=player_embedded

lol @ Chun-Li Yatta! pose at the end.

Edit: Here's another vid...

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 GAMEPLAY - HOTZONE (CHRISTIE VS BAYMAN)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CVk0zivV8c&amp;feature=relmfu

darkshadow
Thu, 05-24-2012, 12:03 PM
As I posted on siliconera:
Wow Lei-fang looks gorgeous, she even has a firm little ass now >_>. Can't wait to see Kokoro, pitting her against Akira should be legendary.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-24-2012, 03:35 PM
I do like how they are giving the characters some actual ethnicity in their appearance. Lei Fang looks Chinese now (kinda reminds me of a young Maggie Cheung), instead of the all-generic doll faces they used to have. I love the thicker new look too, makes it feel like Lei Fang has finally had some age progression since DOA2:HC.

That level is obnoxious. I can only imagine the endless taunts an opponent will use online.

Marik
Tue, 06-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown will be free for plus users this month. :)

In North America:
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, inFAMOUS 2, Little Big Planet 2, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Hard Corp: Uprising, Choplifter HD, Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone, Sideway NY.

In Europe:
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, inFAMOUS 2, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Chime Super Deluxe, Darksiders, Renegade Ops, Outland, Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD, Motorstorm Apocalypse, LittleBigPlanet.

These Are Your Free PlayStation Plus Games For June (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/05/these-are-your-free-playstation-plus-games-for-june/)

-----

New DOA 5 Trailer with Sarah Bryant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVMVZJQ-m2k&amp;feature=player_embedded

Ryllharu
Tue, 06-05-2012, 03:33 PM
[16:16] <%Ryllharu> DS!!!
[16:16] <%Ryllharu> Kokoro vs Akira video!!!!!!
[16:19] <%Ryllharu> Plus Lei Fang retains her black dress.
[16:20] <%Ryllharu> I thought Sarah Bryant was rumored weeks ago though.
[16:20] <%Ryllharu> Or even leaked.
[16:21] <%Ryllharu> Sarah looks fucking hot though.
I like the humor and presentation in the scene with Zack teasing Sarah thinking she's Tina, and Tina getting upset. If that's what they're doing for cutscenes, it looks like they're finally making at least a little progress beyond getting into a fight over cabbage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1jUBq0Sfg#t=2m36s) (also good to see how far the face modeling has come in DOA).

If they are going to add more VF characters, I hope they pull in Aoi. DOA has always had a few characters really good a at a lot of throws (Tina, Bass, Lei Fang), but they kinda lacked a really counter-centric character. The 4-point system already makes it a pain in the ass. A few command counters wouldn't make it unfair (Tina and Bass already had a few).

Marik
Tue, 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg-jnLTC_NE

One of the most random things I've ever seen. Hrmm 9/14... 11 days before DOA5.

Marik
Wed, 06-27-2012, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CyyCdFdlhk

Rig is a Tae Kwon Do user from Canada who apparently is working on an oil rig with Bass Armstrong of all people. Bass is also repairing his bike while in the middle of the ocean doing his job in the mean time. You even get to see a return of his DOA3.1/3.2 4F+P launching throw.

darkshadow
Thu, 06-28-2012, 06:31 AM
There is a stark contrast between the natural, controlled and suprisingly accurate movements of Rig compared to the exaggerated moves of pretty much the rest of the cast; sure there is a bit of doa "flair and flash" thrown over them, but his moves are really "clean".
Almost as if they combined VF and Tekken.

Marik
Thu, 07-19-2012, 10:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeWPv3vhlLk&amp;hd=1

Marik
Sat, 07-21-2012, 01:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luMfF_HYcgk

Marik
Fri, 07-27-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdUR8ydl43Y&amp;hd=1

I love the cover. I think it's the best of the five games.

Edit: Japanese version of the trailer with Ayane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlNZMZWTl_Q&amp;hd=1

Marik
Wed, 08-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Yay! We finally get to see Helena. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvOSrg-1c3s

darkshadow
Wed, 08-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Kasumi's new costume looks utterly fantastic, she should just ditch the classic one forever.