View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 389

conquistaDan
Wed, 02-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Here's a video I found of the raw getting shown from the actual manga book

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcaTKT6QHMI

Enjoy

darkshadow
Wed, 02-13-2008, 04:16 PM
meh you cant even see wtf is happening, either he blasts sasuke to bits, or sasuke lamesauce dodges it.

Idealistic
Wed, 02-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Or he gets hit... But it was just genjutsu.

conquistaDan
Fri, 02-15-2008, 03:20 AM
raw link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5RLL3F93

GurrenLagann
Fri, 02-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Sasuke will dodge it because he's kishi's fav... ugh if he manages to kill itachi in some lame way i'm gonna stop reading naruto -_-'

Koyuki
Fri, 02-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Torrent: Naruto 389 FH (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=11139)

Naruto 389 DDL (http://dl01.mangashare.com/downloads/Naruto_389[Binktopia].zip)

SilentSnake
Fri, 02-15-2008, 10:10 AM
bwahahaha, It looks I was right with them exchanging Goukakyouu no jutsu...

Next time on Naruto : Itachi and Zetsu go WTF on Sasuke surviving Amaterasu.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-15-2008, 10:53 AM
so considering Kakashi has only the left eye, he can only use ulitma genjutsu and no ninjutsu?
then the space/time black hole rip is genjutsu? good to see.

The good part in the chapter was the exploding Shuriken, shadow shuriken never fails (see this, everyonewhosaysnarutoain'tstupid? Sasuke doesn't forget tactics), though Itachi was kinda dumb for jumping inthemiddle rather than just sidestepping.

other than that, I want my week back, they promised us Ameratsu last week, and we still didn't see it do anything good.

SilentSnake
Fri, 02-15-2008, 11:29 AM
so considering Kakashi has only the left eye, he can only use ulitma genjutsu and no ninjutsu?
then the space/time black hole rip is genjutsu? good to see.

The good part in the chapter was the exploding Shuriken, shadow shuriken never fails (see this, everyonewhosaysnarutoain'tstupid? Sasuke doesn't forget tactics), though Itachi was kinda dumb for jumping inthemiddle rather than just sidestepping.

other than that, I want my week back, they promised us Ameratsu last week, and we still didn't see it do anything good.

and we prolly won't...

it will hit a passer-by to not harm Sasuke but show Amaterasu's power :p

all in all, yet another cock-tease chapter, who would have guessed?

Assertn
Fri, 02-15-2008, 12:00 PM
what's your definition of a cock-tease chapter? one where somebody doesn't die?

Abdula
Fri, 02-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah I suppose thats an accurate definition. Really someone just die. I'm really wondering what the hell is up with Itachi if he knew MS was going to weaken him that much why the hell did he ever use it. He could have just fought Sasuke using Sharingan this is becoming downright pathetic.

Assertn
Fri, 02-15-2008, 02:03 PM
They nerfed Itachi..... :(

Xyches
Fri, 02-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Wouldnt Ameretsu destroy saukes's eye's?

Why risk that?

Idealistic
Fri, 02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Well, I believe Itachi thought that he could end the fight really fast if he just hurried and used Tsukoyomi on Sasuke. Apparently it didn't work, and now Itachi is sort of drained from that skill so now he has to really try to end it with Amaterasu or else he could be finished.

God.. I hope it works. I don't want Sasuke winning.

Knives122
Fri, 02-15-2008, 03:53 PM
I honestly don't understand why kishimoto would put Itachi in such a disadvantage. Sasuke shouldn't even be overwhelming Itachi like he is.

PREDICTION: This is only b/c Itachi really has a super cool awesome jutsu that he just developed yesterday or something.

Assertn
Fri, 02-15-2008, 04:25 PM
This doesn't bode well for Itachi.....

We all know what happens when a villain uses all their most powerful moves in a fight....
All that's left to happen to seal his fate is if his akatsuki cloak comes off.

Xyches
Fri, 02-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I still dont think it was wise of him to use that attack he willroast sauske and than will not be able to take his eyes.

I dont think this is the end for itachi though.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-15-2008, 04:41 PM
This is lame.... Itachi should be serving Sasuke's ass to him right now with all the trimmings yet he is on the ropes. This story is becoming downright pathetic.

Abdula
Fri, 02-15-2008, 05:30 PM
This doesn't bode well for Itachi.....

We all know what happens when a villain uses all their most powerful moves in a fight....
All that's left to happen to seal his fate is if his akatsuki cloak comes off.

Its appears that that may be Kishi's formula for killing off Akatsuki. Show your best moves, have those moves defeated or otherwise ignored, lose the cloak and then die. Anyway all the Akatsuki have shown atleast three ougis so Itachi should still have one up his sleeve.

animus
Fri, 02-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Itachi better have more stuff up his sleeve or he's going to be the weakest shit in Akatsuki yet. All we've seen so far is his use of his MS, and the basic Fireball jutsu. Whoopdi doo.

Xyches
Fri, 02-15-2008, 07:43 PM
You gotta rember its not normal for someone to be able to overcome MS.

He may not have needed anything more than that in the past. It put Kakashi in a coma.

However he was gifted as a kid presumably before MS he cant be done however he got cocky never good in a fight so we'll see.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Prediction: Itachi is showing off all his moves so Sasuke will know how to use them and what's thier weakness. Reason is that Itachi is planning to give Sasuke his eyeballs, and thus granting Sasuke perfect Sharingan that is even better than Madare's eyes, since Sasuke eyes won't have the downtime between obtainning the MSharingan and eternaling it.
that way, Itachi can be could, and show us that the true power of the sharingan comes from love (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=041127), and not from sibling murder.

basically, the real shit is yet to come. stay tuned

Idealistic
Fri, 02-15-2008, 08:32 PM
^^ It's a nice prediction and all... But Itachi's insane look when he goes "Sasuke!! You are my light!!!!" is pretty convincing.

@DB_Hunter, I kind of agree. Apparently, after age 16 or so you stop progressing. This is like saying an athelete who has trained for only 2 years, can beat an athelete who has trained for 10+ years. Of course, it is very well possible with the right training, but consider both of them to be "geniuses"

Sasuke is a genius, but so is Itachi. I find it hard to believe after Itachi left Konoha, he has stopped training.

Unless...You really do reach maximum potential at 16 or something, and you can only develop new jutsus then.

But then again this is only an anime so....

poopdeville
Fri, 02-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Itachi is in deep shit. Sasuke probably had as much chakra as Itachi does before he became a Jinchuuriki for Orochi.

It's pretty cool that Sasuke used Shuriken no Kage Bunshin. The only other person who's done that was the Third, as far as we know. And using strings was clever. Seems like his time with Team 7 wasn't wasted.

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 02-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Again witht he wtf sasuke shouldn't win, did you guys choose to avoid the picture of itachis view and how it was blurry? He can barely see and he has used a shit load of chakra using his genjutsu with MS (remember he ran from jiraya and said his chakra was low when he used that genjutsu on sasuke before). Whats so hard to believe that sasuke got stronger in three years from focusing on training and one person to kill. He figured a way to counter the MS's genjutsu since he knew it would come, and he got hit with it before.

NeoBear
Fri, 02-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Again witht he wtf sasuke shouldn't win, did you guys choose to avoid the picture of itachis view and how it was blurry? He can barely see and he has used a shit load of chakra using his genjutsu with MS (remember he ran from jiraya and said his chakra was low when he used that genjutsu on sasuke before). Whats so hard to believe that sasuke got stronger in three years from focusing on training and one person to kill. He figured a way to counter the MS's genjutsu since he knew it would come, and he got hit with it before.

Im pretty sure its cause most people are Itachi fan boys and they dont even know it man. Sasuke will win though cause he has more fan boys/girls .

Assertn
Fri, 02-15-2008, 10:12 PM
It's pretty cool that Sasuke used Shuriken no Kage Bunshin. The only other person who's done that was the Third, as far as we know. And using strings was clever. Seems like his time with Team 7 wasn't wasted.
No, it's the shadow shuriken....the move Sasuke used against Zabuza.

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 02-15-2008, 10:33 PM
No, it's the shadow shuriken....the move Sasuke used against Zabuza.
Naruto and sasuke used it together, naruto was the second shuriken in the shadow.

toonice714
Fri, 02-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Guys think about it, the only good thing about all the bad guys using their best moves then dying is that atleast they will have supers in narutomate accel 3!!!! Its all good though itachi was overhyped to an extent anyways. If you think about it he never really destroyed anyone in the manga (except for the uchiha clan lolz. but he had help). He only beat kakashi so badly because of the MS now it wont work again on him. He beat that loser sasuke when he was a kid. Then jiraya led him into an alley with promises of funny stories and candy and almost raped him. But anyways MS sharingan was way overhyped. Eventhough i hate sasuke i could suspend my disbelief to say that itachis tsukiyomi was drained along with his eyesight allowing sasuke to break it. Sasuke has been hit with it like 4 times all ready i mean he not a retard he has to figure it out by now.

rant over

Rikudo
Fri, 02-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Also, let's not ignore that Sasuke was trained by Orochimaru who probably knows Itachi's moves very well. If Orochi tried to take over Itachi's body, I would atleast assume that he found out a lot about Itachi's technique.

Bleach4Me
Fri, 02-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Im still not sure that Itachi is gunna die here. But I think in Itachi's case he has actually gotten weaker as he has got older. Remember MS makes you lose your eyesight. The longer you have it the more you use it the worse your eyes get. Itachi got MS when he was pretty young and since then MS has been eating away at his eyes. At this point he is on the verge of loosing his eyesight, as shown by this chapter. Sauske may win, Itachi may have waited too long for Sauske's eyes.

Assertn
Sat, 02-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Naruto and sasuke used it together, naruto was the second shuriken in the shadow.
So? Naruto being the second shuriken isn't a prerequisite for using the shadow shuriken.
The others noticed it was the shadow shuriken technique, yet they didn't expect Naruto to be the second shuriken.

Garhert
Sat, 02-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Maybe Sasuke (and Zetsu too?) is still in Itachis Genjutsu. Itachi wants, that Sasuke kill him to gain MS or even more. Because Sasuke has just one "bond" with Itachi so he can't kill his best friend to gain MS. And Itachi needs his MS to gain EMS. I know it won't come that way but it would make it more interesting.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Something doesn't make sense though... why has Itachi waited so long to get Sasuke's eyes? If getting his eyes was simply the objective, then he has only made the job harder for himself. Also, he has been driving Sasuke to get stronger. Thirdly, why join Akatsuki at all if his only objective is to get Sasuke's eyes to get EMS? Was it simply a wait to allow Sasuke's eyeballs to become adult sized so they would fit his eyes? I doubt that is the case, since people popping each others eyes in to their own heads has been happening alot, without consideration to eyeball size etc.

I think Itachi may be playing at something else here. Maybe this fight is real, maybe its not. But I don't think Itachi is letting on what his ultimate objective is.

Garhert
Sat, 02-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Itachi wanted, that Sasuke kill his best friend (Naruto) to gain MS. But he didn't kill Naruto. After that he went to Oro to get stronger than Itachi. I think Itachi wasn't strong enough to beat Oro and take Sasuke. So he had to wait 3 years. And now Sasuke is without Oro and Itachi can fight him one on one.

Uberbaka
Sat, 02-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Sasuke can't win? What would be the point of this fight if he loses? Just an utter waste of time, and unless you really believe that kishi is willing to kill off sasuke I only see this ending in either a complete waste of time or Itachis death. Considering that we saw how bad his vision is it's not entirely unthinkable... Not to mention all the stuff that Sasuke picked up from Oro.

I'm hoping for the Itachi going down, even though I was hoping itachi would rape one/both his eyes earlier.

Garhert
Sat, 02-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I never said that Sasuke can't win. He can, but Itachi too ;) Or maybe Zetsu will kill both of them take all 4 eyes and become the most powerful guy in Naruto...

February
Sat, 02-16-2008, 02:45 PM

This guy has an excellent point. I don't think Itachi losing to Sasuke is that unbelieveable. Sure, its unlikely, because Itachi is older and simply had more time in his life to train up, while associating with fearsome shinobis like the Akatsuki, he could have learned many things hanging out with them. But on the other hand, Sasuke has also had training from Orochimaru, who uses unique and deadly jutsus. Orochimaru is no push-over....Oro is just as strong as an Akatsuki member imo.
The most important thing I guess is that, while Itachi simply wanted to take the eyes from Sasuke, Sasuke has been training all his life to find a way to beat Itachi and to gain enough power. Remember that it was Sasuke who went looking for Itachi, not the other way around. Meaning that, Sasuke probably felt he was ready in terms of power level, to take Itachi on.
Sure MS> Sharingan, but it was mentioned previously by Itachi himself that Sharingan is able to resist the effects of MS. (Resist, not immune) But Sasuke has trained enough with Sharigan to make that resistance complete, is the way I see it.
Not only that, but in terms of Chakra, I believe that Sasuke's 2nd level cursed seal gives him enough chakra to match or exceed Itachi's.

GurrenLagann
Sat, 02-16-2008, 09:05 PM
No, people are just disappointed by the way this fight is going giving Sasuke nothing but a clear advantage over Itachi where everyone was expecting Sasuke and Itachi to fight evenly. Sure Itachi got cocky using MS now is paying the price and was forced to use Amate....ra..su..yeah the black flame technique! but you think he would've been better prepared vs Sasuke. In other words this fight isn't going as many have hoped and only shows how much Kishimoto loves Sasuke...

toonice714
Sat, 02-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Itachi wanted, that Sasuke kill his best friend (Naruto) to gain MS. But he didn't kill Naruto. After that he went to Oro to get stronger than Itachi. I think Itachi wasn't strong enough to beat Oro and take Sasuke. So he had to wait 3 years. And now Sasuke is without Oro and Itachi can fight him one on one.

Are you kidding itachi mopped the floor with oro via genjutsu then took his hand off. Remember oro kept his severed hand in a jar when they kicked him out of akatsuki. Look Oro joins akatsuki for itachi's sharingan, gets owned, goes after sasuke, and then gets betrayed on the last day for his body to die.

I can safely say i hate sasuke for no reason at all but his jump in power isn't as large as we expect. I believe we just have higher standards for the enemies we've been introduced to. Sasuke is a loser not weak. Deidara was no push over but he wasnt that great also he didn't have his "true arms"(if that means anything....well it doesn't). Oro was literally on the last day for that body to retain his soul for the jutsu that why sasuke beat him. Sasuke has only fought matches he can win so far. He hasn't beat any insanely strong who didn't have a handicap. So, time-skip sasuke>pre time-skip sasuke but both sasuke's greater than or equal to a giant flamer.

Also if you wanna know how sasuke is going to beat ameratsu, its going to be with "that jutsu" that oro told him not to use on naruto.

My apologies to chastising forum goers for writing long passages ^o^ my bad..XP

.noname.silent
Sat, 02-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Show me proof where Orochimaru was kicked out.

Parkalash
Sat, 02-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeye all know he LEft akatsuki sence he felt he was powerless against the sharingan? or someing like that..

Flameing thread, FTW?!

well this is a rly drawn out fight, and ofc sasuke wont die sence naruto is gonna save him someday... and then they naruto are gonna go and become hokage some day and have sasuke as his best friend ^_^ and live happily ever after in konoha

Garhert
Sun, 02-17-2008, 06:44 AM
We don't know the real reason why Oro left Akatsuki. So you can't say that Itachi would win easily against Oro. And if Itachi is that strong why he was waiting 3 years (or longer... Sasuke wanted to fight not Itachi)? Akatsuki had a delay for 3 years to prepare the Bijuu-extracting-thing. But that hasn't anything to do with Sasuke and Itachi.

GurrenLagann
Sun, 02-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Orochimaru already estated that he could never beat Itachi because he was stronger than him.

Abdula
Sun, 02-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Yes while we're on the topic. I find it interesting that Oro also said that Sasuke wasn't strong enough yet to beat Itachi because Sasuke wasn't stronger than he was. If you think about it Sasuke had to fight an incredibly weak, dying Oro and he lost the fight and he barely escaped with his body. What would have happened if Oro was at full power?

That is the problem here Sasuke has struggled against everyone thus far even a half dead Oro yet against the strongest opponent he has faced thus far, he appears to be unstoppable. It just plain doesn't make sense. I don't care who wins or loses this battle but this has been building up for so long that I really expected to see and evenly matched one on one battle where the winner just barely escapes with their live but Sasuke seems to be just pulling a Naruto.

What would it have been like if Goku had just owned Freeza, without even powering up, or if Ichigo had just shown up and wiped the floor with Byakuya, again without even powering up. It wouldn't have made any sense and neither does this.

SilentSnake
Sun, 02-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Sasuke will now go ssj lvl 2 and do something awkward to survive amaterasu, don't worry.

Itachi won't be just owned, this fight is nowhere near its end.

boilerph
Sun, 02-17-2008, 01:18 PM
I really hate that Sasuke is winning against Itachi, but I don't find it that unbelievable. Sasuke has two main things going for him. First, the reason everyone else is afraid of Itachi is his genjutsu and Sasuke is the first character we've seen that has similar level abilities in that aspect. Secondly, Sasuke has spent almost every day of his life planning out this fight. He was able to break out of Itachi's Tsukuyomi because he had experienced before and had analyzed it.

Chiodos
Sun, 02-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Wasn't it becuse he used Curse Seal he was able to break out?

Mkadoza
Sun, 02-17-2008, 04:52 PM
I really hate that Sasuke is winning against Itachi, but I don't find it that unbelievable. Sasuke has two main things going for him. First, the reason everyone else is afraid of Itachi is his genjutsu and Sasuke is the first character we've seen that has similar level abilities in that aspect. Secondly, Sasuke has spent almost every day of his life planning out this fight. He was able to break out of Itachi's Tsukuyomi because he had experienced before and had analyzed it.

Exactly. Sasuke shouldn't be surprising anyone. We've known since the begining of the series that Naruto and Sasuke had the most potential of anyone, including Itachi. We know his power has grown exponentially. He beat a legion of ninja's without killing any of them. I know everyones offset by the fact that this is the same emo kid that got his ass handed to him by ever really good opponent from the begin of the story till the time skip. But Kishi has made his strength consistant. Just because Oro didnt think he could beat him. (BTW how did Sasuke barely beat Oro? Last I checked, Sasuke dispatched of the body quickly and as soon as he reversed the Genjutsu it was over.) If Kakashi says that Naruto is stronger than him and we can take it at face value, why can we believe that Sasuke cant out fireball a weakened Itachi? Naruto has a f***ing nuke in his back pocket and we find it hard to believe that two brothers are evenly matched??

And Oro couldnt beat Itachi because Itachi's tsukiyomi cant be countered by Oro.

This has been a war of attrition anyway. Genjutsu vs Genjutsu and Sasuke broke out. Nothing Sasuke has done would suggest dominance over Itachi, except that Itachi is tired. Not to mention that Sasuke is using the curse seal right now. Itachi took a calculated risk that Tsukiyomi would finish him, or immobilize him long enough to take his eyes. But now that hes that fatigued (and reaching the limit of his Mangekyou, his left eye seems borderline useless now, I predict total blindness for Itachi after this attack) I think for itachi its less about the eyes and more about living.

toonice714
Sun, 02-17-2008, 11:39 PM
ok oro never said sasuke was stronger than him he said he was stronger than he was at that age(read the manga people ch343 pg2 i dont make up random facts...sorry). and oro wanst so much as kicked out as he was pretty much shamed by itachi after he attempted to seize his eyes. it was just implied that he leave since another chance to obtain itachi's sharingan would not present itself and he pretty much lost his whole reason for being in akatsuki(by the way oro getting owned and basically kicked from akatsuki ch345 read and retain gentleman).

Garhert
Tue, 02-19-2008, 03:47 AM
As we know, Sasuke absorbed Oro and got his abilitis. What would happen if he does that with Itachi? Super-EMS? Sasuke can use Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu with his CS2 --> No disadvantages by using them? Unlimited super-flames? A flying fire and lightning (Chidori) throwing beast ^^

Chiodos
Tue, 02-19-2008, 08:49 AM
..I don't really think that Sasuke obtained Orochimarus abilities.
That would overpower him way to much and yes, defeat Itachi wich much ease.

Wich I find bullshit, he may have aquired some.
Can anyone confirm this so I'm not totally lost?