PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare (SC) or Guts (Berserk), you decide

¥»»ÄzäzëL««¥
Sun, 02-10-2008, 11:31 AM
i've encountered a dilemma recently, strewn between two, moderately different characters. Nightmare from Soul Calibur, and Guts from Berserk. while they are indeed both badass, im unsure as to which one is cooler. nightmare is awesome looking, and he's a mixture of pure evil and brutality. while guts has some (but little) virtues, and he often cuts people in half (which is a plus). so i've decided to leave it to the GW public to decide which of these two giant sword-wielding gods, is cooler.

bagandscalpel
Mon, 02-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Mr. Rogers.

And yes, I hate character comparison threads.

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-11-2008, 02:03 AM
this is not even a question. Guts was a child that fought his way out of his dumb slut mother's cunt when she was hanging from a tree so that he could wield a huge sword like a true legend despite being haunted by hordes of evil demons and become a one man army.

the other guy is a carbon copy of a white guy with a claymore sword from a fighting game.

complich8
Mon, 02-11-2008, 03:36 AM
Yeah, nightmare's kinda a pussy. I mean ... you take away the giant eye-sword and the nipple-eye, and he's just some emo blond guy with a slab of metal. He can't even control the power of a legendary evil sword.

Guts, on the other hand, has killed beings which were allegedly immortal. Killing the unkillable is pretty far above and beyond the limits of just having a big eye-sword.

darkshadow
Mon, 02-11-2008, 07:33 AM
uhm no, nightmare is completely seperate from siegfried, there is no blond emo kid under that armor, plus his moveset is different aswell.

And i would say nightmare, even though i hate char comparison topics, with passion.

Idealistic
Mon, 02-11-2008, 10:15 AM
I think Siegfried and Nightmare WERE the same character at once time, but somewhere along the line Seigfried breaks free and Nightmare is somehow able to still exist. Seigfried then obtains Soul Calibur or somthing like that to defeat Nightmare or something.

We might as well throw in Cloud in this discussion since it involves guys who wield large swords. Cloud will omni-slash these fools.

Well, you can't really compare Nightmare and Guts considering one is from a game, and one is from a manga. All you have is their appearance. You obviously get to see more personality in the character from the manga soooooooo I pick Guts.

complich8
Mon, 02-11-2008, 12:48 PM
oh, also Guts has a game or two about him. afaik they're still Japan-only, but people with chipped ps2's have played at least one that I know of.

Apparently there's a lot of hacking things to bits.

Ever notice how nobody that Nightmare hits with his sword actually dies? I mean .... he stabs someone with it, and they're back for round 2. Can't say that about Guts.

Chiodos
Mon, 02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Well you could "almost" say it.

First, Guts puts the enemy, maybe forcing them from human form into a monstreous individual. Now that's round two for me.

Carnage
Mon, 02-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Dumbest fucking thread ever. Nobody compares to Guts. He could beat Nightmare with his dick.

darkshadow
Tue, 02-12-2008, 05:49 PM
oh, also Guts has a game or two about him. afaik they're still Japan-only, but people with chipped ps2's have played at least one that I know of.

Apparently there's a lot of hacking things to bits.

Ever notice how nobody that Nightmare hits with his sword actually dies? I mean .... he stabs someone with it, and they're back for round 2. Can't say that about Guts.

lol what? Nightmare is casually killing an army sauron style in sc3. actually scrap sauron style, he obliterates a whole bunch of them in a single blast

Death BOO Z
Wed, 02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Sorry, guts killed 100 enemies alone. Nightmare only fights 1vs1 like some tournament pussey.

When gutts fights, you want to throw up becuase he so badass. last time I saw nightmare fight, all he did was slash sideways with a freaky sword.

darkshadow
Wed, 02-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Sorry, guts killed 100 enemies alone. Nightmare only fights 1vs1 like some tournament pussey.

When gutts fights, you want to throw up becuase he so badass. last time I saw nightmare fight, all he did was slash sideways with a freaky sword.

oh sry, i guess i didnt mention he casually killed an army in my post directly above yours,
the ppl that fight in soul calibur are all badasses, thats why they can go toe to toe with nightmare.
Nightmare would prolly kill those "100 enemies" in 2 seconds.

Chiodos
Wed, 02-13-2008, 04:11 PM
...it's a pity though that Nightmare looks way better than Guts.

Mr Squiggles
Wed, 02-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Too bad hes just a cheesy cliché evil knight type. Even King Leonidas can't stand up to Guts' badassness, so Nightmare doesn't stand a chance.

Carnage
Wed, 02-13-2008, 04:59 PM
DS - have you even read Berserk? Gutts defies god itself, and is a mere human. His awesomeness cannot be measured.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 02-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Ah, here we go, "lol powerlevels."

XanBcoo
Wed, 02-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Seriously though, these losers have nothing on Goku.

Just sayin'...

Edit for morons: /sarcasm