some scan sites

http://00avalon.wordpress.com/2008/02/07/naruto-388-reality/

and/or

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25165

couldn't find the chapter as a whole yet. I hope this is acceptable

enjoy

Rikudo
Fri, 02-08-2008, 02:37 AM
Lame. Seems like Kishi luvs Sasuke too much to actually damage his pretty face.

Zetsu doing play-by-play is even gayer than Madden on Monday Night football.

conquistaDan
Fri, 02-08-2008, 03:18 AM
I agree with you 100%

In fact. If Kishi makes Itachi lose to his little brother. I'm going to stop reading for a looooong while. At least until the next fight is started and this crap is over. Not only is Itachi losing a terrible plot line for Kishi to take, but it's just plain predictable at this point. The only good turn around at this point is if he made Itachi's eye missing a fake ploy in his genjutsu against sasuke and turned it around on him some how.

RyougaZell
Fri, 02-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Scanlation (http://baxteristic.hostsnake.com/%5BNJT+LB%5D%20Naruto%20388%20LQ.zip)

Idealistic
Fri, 02-08-2008, 11:13 AM
So it really was genjutsu, well Tsukoyomi(sp?) to be exact.

Damn, and I thought Sasuke really lost his eye. :mad:

animus
Fri, 02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
That play by play sure was homosexual.

Yukimura
Fri, 02-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Why is everyone so dead set that Sasuke couldn't have improved enough to beat Itachi? He's not exactly a slouch and he's certainly had plenty of incentive to improve himself over the years. Oro even thought Sasuke even better than he was at the same age, and that was before Sasuke absorbed Oro's abilities into himself.

Now, we don't know if Itachi's had more incentive to strengthen himself since joining Akatsuki or not, and we don't even know what the limits of his abilities were before the time skip, but if he hasn't improved that much in the time between leaving the village and now then I would think it's at least possible that Sasuke caught up to him considering he's been trying to improve himself constantly for all those years.

Abdula
Fri, 02-08-2008, 12:12 PM
So you really think Itachi the guy who has been talking about how the clan limited themselves and didn't test the limits of their capacity and they guy who has been talking about exceeding the limits of his capacity wasn't improving himself all this time.

That just plain doesn't make sense, sure Sasuke may have gotten closer to Itachi's level but since the very beginning Itachi has been waiting and preparing for this day even more so than Sasuke. Not to mention that Itachi has been in Akatsuki all this time so even if he wasn't training just being with those kind of people would force him to improve himself.

Since you mention that Oro said that Sasuke was better than he was when he was that age, I think its important to mention that Itachi defeated Oro oh about TEN years ago. I'm all for Sasuke and his deep-seated hatred but this doesn't make any sense at all, Kishi said that Sharingan can't beat MS, Itachi said so himself and now Sasuke is breaking out of tsukiyomi. Whats the point of killing your best friend to gain MS if your little brother is going to defeat it using normal sharingan.

Yes I get it Sasuke's eyes are supposed to be stronger than Itachi's they been saying that since the beginning and hate is supposed to be the source of the Uchiha's power and no one has more hate than Sasuke but MS>Sharingan. The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that Itachi's MS has gotten much weaker due to overuse but they never said you get weaker they said you go blind in exchange for power so even that doesn't make sense.

That is the only explanation I can think of though so I would say Itachi's eyes have gotten weaker and using the curse seal Sasuke was able to generate more power than Itachi expected.

Assertn
Fri, 02-08-2008, 12:37 PM
So I guess Itachi used Tsukuyomi on Sasuke twice then?

We know he used it to tell the story of Madara, and that Saskue broke out of it just now...
But there's still shuriken all over the ground, which means that some of the stuff from the last chapter happened outside of Tsukuyomi....

Sapphire
Fri, 02-08-2008, 01:08 PM
WHAT DID I JUST READ

Well this chapter was contradicting. *Waits for next chapter*

DDBen
Fri, 02-08-2008, 01:33 PM
and the Genjutsu fight continues to suck. I'm really hating a fight where we can see anything happen and yet none of it matters at all. On top of that Sasuke winning now continues to seem more and more absurd Itachi mastered his Sharingan to a level that made him better then all anbu by 13 and better then anyone in the clan with the clan around to give him pointers. Your going to tell me Sasuke who is self taught is suddenly better with it then Itachi with only 3 years of training under Orochimaru.... I think not.

I agree with everyone who's not liking this chapter because it has no logic behind it.

Abdula
Fri, 02-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Genjutsu does matter if Sasuke wasn't able to break out of the genjutsu then he would have lost plain and simple. You can't simply say genjutsu doesn't matter its just like any other battle they are using techniques and each one is countering the others technique, it wouldn't make a difference if they were using shuriken, shadow clones or chidoris is still an actual battle.

Chiodos
Fri, 02-08-2008, 01:39 PM
That was a very wierd and ridicoulus way of telling Sasukes fanbase "No girls, whathefuckhappens I will not harm your precious Sasuke <3!".....

I'm gonna throw a stone and say that when the battle is over, and Sasuke (SOMEHOW...) defeats Itachi he will achieve (SOMEHOW...) The Mangekyo Sharingan!...

That would even be more lame-ish than this weeks chapter, seriously...

Yukimura
Fri, 02-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Abdula is apparently a student of the Munsu school of assuming if you say something then you must think exactly like the least sane type of person who might reasonably say the same thing.

I'm sure irrational Sasuke fanboys would say Sasuke has a chance too, however I am not a Sasuke fanboy, I am an open-minded Naruto reader who knows that Kishi has a massive boner for Sasuke and has previously contradicted himself with respect to people being able to defeat other people and then tried to justify it with some weird explanation.

I don't think Sasuke should be able to beat Itachi any more than most of the rest of you, however I don't think it would be impossible within the continuity for some (lame) explanation to be introduced that makes for Sasuke eeking out the win (Diedara anyone?).

Sasuke is more popular than Itachi, Kishi loves him, and Kishi doesn't seem to care about telling a compelling story if it conflicts with his interests. Since the setup has Itachi pretty dead set on taking Sasuke's eyes in this fight, and that is not going to happen for non-plot related reasons, either Sasuke will defeat him and kill him, will force him to withdraw, or they'll be interrupted. It's not that I don't have faith in Itachi, I just have more faith in Kishimoto's love for Sasuke, and ultimately that is what will determine the outcome of this fight.

Chiodos
Fri, 02-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Kishi will problaby get threat mail if he touches Sasuke the wrong way....

Wich makes me think the dumbest thing that if he does something bad to his precious, a huge fanbase will problaby STOP READING the manga becuse...well
...they're Sasuke fanboys...

Abdula
Fri, 02-08-2008, 02:06 PM
First of all whats wrong with the Munsu school of assuming? and secondly while I don't consider myself to be a Sasuke fanboy I am a big fan of his. These are my two favorite characters and I don't have a problem with Sasuke defeating Itachi or vice versa in fact I don't really care either way its just that Kishi is seriously contradicting himself. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with this battle and I'm looking forward to one of them dying, hopefully. The only problem here is the lame explanation, "The sharingan is just a shinobi's weapon and the strength of a weapon depends on the user's ability" sure I could go along with that but where does experience fit into that equation.

DDBen
Fri, 02-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Genjutsu does matter if Sasuke wasn't able to break out of the genjutsu then he would have lost plain and simple. You can't simply say genjutsu doesn't matter its just like any other battle they are using techniques and each one is countering the others technique, it wouldn't make a difference if they were using shuriken, shadow clones or chidoris is still an actual battle.

You've misinterpreted my statement. Yes a Genjutsu causes a level of mental strain and if you can overload your opponent with it then they may pass out and you win. However, the events shown in a genjutsu are never real so you can show ANYTHING happening to someone and it means nothing. I hate the aspect of them where we see Sasuke's eye torn out and then they go just kidding reset it was a genjutsu. That aspect of how when people fight with them the viewer can see absolutely anything and then have everything we see be worthless over and over again is just dumb essentially this fight is 2 people standing there having a staring contest.

Also if your genjutsu is dispelled you have nothing to show for it. If you on the other hand wound your opponent then you still have blood loss, pain and possibly you disable a part of them like a arm or a leg. I'm glad its been used fairly sparingly and these Itachi Sasuke chapters with a genjutsu sparing match are just painful. Now if you want to make them more meaningful then you should have the person countering it during the genjutsu. For instance Itachi goes to pluck Sasuke's eye and Sasuke makes them switch places and is shown plucking Itachi's eye forcing him to end the genjutsu and recoil. The way this was done I'd atleast expect Sasuke to really have gone curse seal level 1 to prevent it instead of just standing there with Itachi looking pathetic.

Plus as far as the eye techniques go I'm pretty sure we have never been told anything that wasn't contradicted almost immediately post time skip.

Chiodos
Fri, 02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
From what I get, and if I am any near right, Sasukes Ace Card is The Cursed Seal and we all know that if your going to be something in the Naruniverse you need atleast a set of eyes...
So, what I see it's alwasy been eyes against everything so Kishi probably needed an annoying plot-hole to make this work.

If the upcoming chapters continues walking the path it is doing now, it seems that Sasuke>Itachi....

...but maybe something will supriese me.

Abdula
Fri, 02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
@ DDBen: Okay I guess I misunderstood. Oh and to be able to turn someone else's genjutsu against them I would expect that there has to be a huge disparity between the level of the two users like with Itachi and Kurenai. I doubt that could happen with Sasuke and Itachi.

Since you mentioned the curse seal when I was reading this chapter one thing was bothering me. To break out of the technique Sasuke went CS2 within the genjutsu much like when Naruto tried to break out of Itachi's genjutsu before by using some of the Kyuubi's chakra. So does what the victim of the jutsu do within the jutsu really matter because I would expect that Sasuke himself would have transformed at that point but it doesn't appear that he did.

DDBen
Fri, 02-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Since you mentioned the curse seal when I was reading this chapter one thing was bothering me. To break out of the technique Sasuke went CS2 within the genjutsu much like when Naruto tried to break out of Itachi's genjutsu before by using some of the Kyuubi's chakra. So does what the victim of the jutsu do within the jutsu really matter because I would expect that Sasuke himself would have transformed at that point but it doesn't appear that he did.

Well its a illusion I'm not even sure you need to be able to do the jutsu you use during it in real life in the first place. It would stand to believe you only have to imagine you can do it for it to happen in a genjutsu.

This is however exactly the kind of thing that bothers me. At curse seal level 2 I can at least imagine that Sasuke has managed to shorten the gap to Itachi's overall power but he's got him almost falling over when he's not even using curse seal level 1. Thats what seems absurd were talking about him beating Sasuke without even using a 3rd of his power and Itachi has to get serious to even keep from losing at his best skill with the MS? Come on thats just moronic. For Sasuke to not die to Diedara he had to go curse seal level 2, Summon Orochimaru's best summon and phase out of the dimension yet with Itachi he just stands there and stares at him.

I don't even see a reason for Itachi to be in this fight considering Sasuke lacks MS in the first place. Considering Kakashi leveled up someone else's Sharingen. But sasuke isn't full grown and one would imagine you can't transplant eye's of different sizes that easily you know empty space and all. So really when it comes down to it why is Itachi fighting in the first place if Sasuke's eye's are still worthless? The only reasonable explanation is his eye's have gotten so bad he will be blind without a transplant and thats likely why Sasuke will win this fight. Of course if that happens Sasuke likely won't kill itachi and Mandara will come and take Itachi's eye's to restore is EMS being Itachi claims he's a shell of his former self and its pretty likely he needs new eye's.

Abdula
Fri, 02-08-2008, 02:58 PM
True I believe I mentioned this a few chapters back but the only reason I think Itachi is fighting Sasuke is because his eyes have deteriorated to the point where he doesn't have a choice but to take Sasuke's now whether he has MS or not.

As far as Sasuke seemingly owning Itachi while he struggled with Deidara I suppose the big difference is that with Deidara that was a physical battle where as with Itachi its a mental battle. Much like when Sasuke fought Oro he lost the physical battle but when it came right down to sheer will power he was able to overcome him.

Well I'm looking forward to the next chapter hopefully we will get a proper explanation there, at the very least we will see Itachi get serious for the first time.

Garhert
Fri, 02-08-2008, 03:11 PM
I understand all who didn't liked this chapter. But what have you expected to? A Taijutsu or Ninjutsu fight? We have 2 mighty (Well, there are only 4 alive) sharingan-guys whos greatest weapon the Genjutsu is.

And i don't think this "arc" will end in the next 2 chapters. So there must come up something great in this fight. It wouldn'd make sense to put a lame end like this to a such large story-arc.

The thing with MS > Sharingan should only apply for the "standarts" of this 2 eyes. Maybe Sasuke made (with his hate, CS2 and maybe more...) his own unique eyes which surpass the normal sharingan. So maybe the difference between Sasukes and Itachis eyes isn't that huge now. And does MS needs a lot of chakra? In my opinion Sasuke could has more chakra than Itachi. And with that he can break the Tsukuyomi.

For Sasuke to not die to Diedara he had to go curse seal level 2, Summon Orochimaru's best summon and phase out of the dimension yet with Itachi he just stands there and stares at him.

Deidara vs Sasuke ---> long range fighter vs Genjutsu and Ninjutsu (or what is his style?) fighter
Itachi vs Sasuke ---> Sharingan vs Sharingan

I doubt you can compare these 2 fights.

Dont fucking double post
-Assassin

Abdula
Fri, 02-08-2008, 03:23 PM
True Deidara was designed to defeat Itachi.
Edit button?

Garhert
Fri, 02-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I would... if I would find the delete button!....???

DDBen
Fri, 02-08-2008, 04:03 PM
True Deidara was designed to defeat Itachi.

True but Deidara also knew he had no chance of beating Itachi and Sasuke came very close to death in order to defeat Deidara about 24 hours ago or so. So him effortlessly beating Itachi at his specialty seems absurd.

Assertn
Fri, 02-08-2008, 06:19 PM
The timespan between Deidara and Itachi battles are irrelevant....it's assumed that, with oro's power, Sasuke had completely recovered by the time he confronted Itachi....with the exception of his left wing.

Sidnne
Fri, 02-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Itachi: "How did you break out of my genjutsu?!"

Sasuke: "Because I hate you!"

Yeah, I can see why people aren't satisfied with the outcome of this chapter.

Still, we've all been reading this manga long enough to know that MS is Kishi's cop-out technique. Anything that has occurred that has had any type of shock value involving Itachi has always turned out to be an illusion. We should just continue to expect much of the same from Kishi until he gives us a reason to expect something different by finally showing us something real.

If Kishi wanted to, he could kill off Itachi right here, bring him back years later, and simply chalk his death up to a MS illusion.

As far as this chapter goes...

"An expert with a stone can still beat a novice with a shuriken."

That may be true, but Itachi is certainly no novice. So it really doesn't apply here or provide a valid explanation for Sasuke defeating Itachi's Tsukuyomi.

I'm not a fanboy of Itachi or Sasuke (or a fan of either at all really) and I don't have a problem with Sasuke winning (to this point). I would just like some better explanations and plot devices.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Hang on a second, did Itachi just lose an eye?

Edit: OK no he didn't.

A lame chapter story wise. Itachi should have whooped Sasuke's ass.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:06 PM
"a child with EMSharingan has the ability to copy movements, hypnotize the human and monster mind alike, shoot hell's flame from his mouth, create mini black holes, make a bitch from the greatest demon alive and also to..."

"but a master with a rock could beat him"

can't see it happenning, sorry.

this chapter is basically the same thing as the earlier one, Itachi is about to pull out a move that will shock and amaze us. they should really get on with this.

Zetsu uses 'we' to speak, which is always cool, and also displays his cullinary taste, which is better.

also, did Itachi lose his eye? did anyone lose thier eye? does sharingan work in darkness? if so, is it vunrable to Solar flare?

Sidnne
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Quick question:

I'm not always up to speed on the exact names of all the jutsus, but have we actually seen Itachi use Amaterasu before or is this something new?

The name is familiar, but I can't think of when we may have seen it.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:40 PM
supposdly, it's the black flame tha ate through jiraya's frog prison of internals organs.
it's good, but i've never thought it to be a bigger deal than tsukiyomi, guess i was wrong.

SilentSnake
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Quick question:

I'm not always up to speed on the exact names of all the jutsus, but have we actually seen Itachi use Amaterasu before or is this something new?

The name is familiar, but I can't think of when we may have seen it.

yes we did, it was a long time ago when he fled from Jiraiya's hungry frog's stomach.

It happened after the fight Itachi Kisame vs Kurenai Kakashi Asuma Gai

Sidnne
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:47 PM
supposdly, it's the black flame tha ate through jiraya's frog prison of internals organs.
it's good, but i've never thought it to be a bigger deal than tsukiyomi, guess i was wrong.

Ah ok, I knew the name was familiar.

So it seems we will finally get to see the actual jutsu as opposed to just the flaming aftermath.

I hope the information Jiraiya gathered when he sealed the flames in the scroll will come into play here.

SilentSnake
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:53 PM
I hope the information Jiraiya gathered when he sealed the flames in the scroll will come into play here.

It is highly unlikely for Sasuke to get a hold of info gathered by Jiraiya on this one, sorry.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-08-2008, 08:01 PM
don't count that option out yet, the sharingan still has some new moves to show us, and why would infromation theft be ruled out? it's no dumber than the rest.

you can always show an old eye new tricks. and we know Uchiha's bag of tricks is almost as inflated as thier egos.

SilentSnake
Fri, 02-08-2008, 08:16 PM
don't count that option out yet, the sharingan still has some new moves to show us, and why would infromation theft be ruled out? it's no dumber than the rest.

you can always show an old eye new tricks. and we know Uchiha's bag of tricks is almost as inflated as thier egos.

If you meant that about Sasuke taking info from Jiraiya by the use of sharingan(not sure if that's what you're referring to) then I would just assume that Sasuke simply didn't know about Itachi's vodka taken by Jiraiya.

Sasuke wasn't really befriended with Jiraiya and we were never shown a situation where Jiraiya confesses to Sasuke telling him that he fought his brother and Itachi left a gift for him to examine.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I doubt that Sasuke even met Jiraya, I can only recall the time that Sasuke went after Itachi who was attacking Naruto. but i think that by the time Jiraya got there Sasuke was already out cold. Sasuke probably knows about Jiraya trainning Naruto just becuase Orochimaru told him so, they've never actually met or conversed.

but heck, It's still possible that the sharingan can steal information on a space/time quantom level. I bet you that Itachi could do it if he really wanted to. and if itachi can do it, so could the 3rd, who knew every jutsu in the bingo book (side note: Sarutobi did have a crystal ball with visionaric powers at the first chapter).

don't take the post too seriously, though, I mostly being crancky about the sharingan.

Sidnne
Fri, 02-08-2008, 09:21 PM
It is highly unlikely for Sasuke to get a hold of info gathered by Jiraiya on this one, sorry.

Perhaps. But, just because Sasuke never actually met Jiraiya (as far as we know), doesn't mean that Oro didn't have eyes on the fight between Jiraiya and Itachi. The elite shinobi always seems to keep tabs on each other and know all of the happenings in the Naruto world and they are always interested in their opponents abilities. So its possible that Oro could have obtained the info through a spy and informed Sasuke of it.

At any rate, Jiraiya seems to have collected a great deal of information about a lot of people and jutsus. I'd like to see that information put to use. It would be great if all of it was passed to Naruto and he was actually able to make use of it.

Rikudo
Fri, 02-08-2008, 10:17 PM
So, since it seems like Itachi's left eye is injured and he's going to use "Tiramisu" next chapter. Does it mean that only one eye is necessary to pull out this move.

Genma
Fri, 02-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Guh, I hate chapters that you could totally skip and it'd have really no effect on the upcoming ones. This was a pretty prime example of that... 18 pages that basically led up to "hohoh, young brother, i underestimated you and now i'll go super saiyan 4."

Worst chapter I've read in a long time. And I've always hated the sharingan and Sasuke especially... so I just wish this stupid fight would end.

toonice714
Fri, 02-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Ok before i say any thing about this chapter i wanna say that [B]some[B][ of our gotwoot members write too f%ckin much. its soo dishearting to want to join a conversation when there are such long winded comments. Please just leave a little comment. God forbid we dont touch on everylittle nuance of these 17 pg chapters.

Anyways the uchihas blow. This why they're all dead. because they look at eachother the wrong way, Zetsu is sooo bored that is play by play is wittled down to "OOh fierce stare from uchiha 1! UH OH Uchiha 2 battles back with a grimace to break the fierce stare!! This one is really heating up."

COME ONE KISAME V SUIGETSU!!! Or madara v Leaf Village

Edit: fierce

Psyke
Sat, 02-09-2008, 12:12 AM
I was disappointed when Sasuke didn't lose his eye. Having a commentator for the fight seemed a bit weird too.

Y
Sat, 02-09-2008, 02:54 AM
So I guess Itachi used Tsukuyomi on Sasuke twice then?

We know he used it to tell the story of Madara, and that Saskue broke out of it just now...
But there's still shuriken all over the ground, which means that some of the stuff from the last chapter happened outside of Tsukuyomi....

It's more likely he turned the Mangekyou Sharingan on for either no reason, or because he needed it on to start doing the seals for Tsukuyomi to hit Sasuke with it at that page where he turns into crows and goes for his eye. Zetsu comments later "Oh, he took a Tsukuyomi, fight's over" which seems like a weird statement to say after the SECOND one. Plus Itachi using his trump card to show Sasuke a flashback is completely retarded (unless he's trying to throw the fight, which is also perfectly possible).

conquistaDan
Sat, 02-09-2008, 04:35 AM
I agree with toonice on this one. I want to see Madara take on the leaf alone. But only as Madara, not tobi. Because that'd be stupid. I also agree that Sasuke not losing his eye is stupid as well.

I was browsing around and found this too. Enjoy. I thought it was funny

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/435/gimmeureyesbysharingandth2.jpg

February
Sat, 02-09-2008, 04:51 AM
I would like to see Itachi use what Kakashi used with his MS, the dimension transfer thing. But then again, the anime made it seem like it took 2 hours to use it so maybe Itachi might not have enough time to use it

I never actually considered the black flame amaeretsu jutsu as part of a MS jutsu till now. I guess I just thought MS only performed genjutsu stuff while I thought the black flame thing was an elemental jutsu

SilentSnake
Sat, 02-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I would like to see Itachi use what Kakashi used with his MS, the dimension transfer thing. But then again, the anime made it seem like it took 2 hours to use it so maybe Itachi might not have enough time to use it

I never actually considered the black flame amaeretsu jutsu as part of a MS jutsu till now. I guess I just thought MS only performed genjutsu stuff while I thought the black flame thing was an elemental jutsu

Back in the day it was discussed that Tsukuyomi is genjutsu technique of MS, Amaterasu is ninjutsu and it was wondered what could be a taijutsu one and if there is one at all.

With kakashi pulling of his "black hole" it's even more weird assuming that every MS user gets/learns different techniques depending on ihavenoidea :p

I did enjoy this chapter actually, but Sasuke should lose 1 of his eyes imho, it would become more interesting and would prolly lead to Sasuke fleeing and Itachi having a souvenir ;)

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Yep, defo not happy with the Sasuke fanboyishness of Kishi in the plot. So now a normal Sharingan with enough training is stronger than an MS? Thats just bullshit. There is a lack of consistancy already in techniques, abilities and 'power levels' in naruto already without having this thrown in as well.

Y
Sat, 02-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Yep, defo not happy with the Sasuke fanboyishness of Kishi in the plot. So now a normal Sharingan with enough training is stronger than an MS? Thats just bullshit. There is a lack of consistancy already in techniques, abilities and 'power levels' in naruto already without having this thrown in as well.

It's perfectly fine and Sasuke's reasoning is correct. He has focused his entire life on the "reality" of him being able to kill Itachi. That pervades his perceptions more completely than any illusionary technique.

Assertn
Sat, 02-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Plus Itachi using his trump card to show Sasuke a flashback is completely retarded (unless he's trying to throw the fight, which is also perfectly possible).
That's not too unexpected though...He did do that on two seperate occasions to show Sasuke a flashback of the Uchiha clan being wiped out.

chet_chetty
Sat, 02-09-2008, 04:49 PM
I thinnk Itachi used simple genjutsu, not Tsukuyomi, to tell the story of Madara to Sasuke. It seems like a prime intended effect of Tsukuyomi is to leave the taker in paralysis so the giver can make the completely unopposed kill. Sasuke was certainly not in any state of paralysis after the Madara story genjutsu was finished. Sasuke did not attempt to break the genjutsu because he understood the purpose was simply to tell a story.

I can sort of buy that Sasuke was able to break the Tsukuyomi of Itachi taking his eye. If normal genjutsu is broken by the taker disrupting one's own chakra flow, then that's what Sasuke did. Except he used the cursed seal level 2 to forcibly release an enormous amount of chakra to disrupt his chakra flow. Basically, Kishi is placing the "power" of Tsukuyomi and cursed seal level 2 on par with each other, in an indirect sense. Also the fact that he has the heaven seal, Kishi did beef Sasuke's seal up to do some unbelievable things.

Sidnne
Sat, 02-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Ok before i say any thing about this chapter i wanna say that [B]some[B][ of our gotwoot members write too f%ckin much. its soo dishearting to want to join a conversation when there are such long winded comments. Please just leave a little comment. God forbid we dont touch on everylittle nuance of these 17 pg chapters.

God forbid some of us like to engage in intelligent, open-minded, and well-thought-out conversation and debate.

Gotwoot has, for the most part, pretty intelligent members. Simply posting something like "Hey, cool chapter." doesn't really require a forum or do it any justice. We enjoy theories, opinions, and predictions, as well as discussing the philosophies, which exist in the manga. We also enjoy picking apart and criticizing all of those things.

Yes, some posts can drag on a bit, but if you don't feel like reading it, then skip it. Its a lot better than if nobody ever had anything to say.

February
Sat, 02-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Well i don't think the chapters have really shown us that sharingan overpowered MS, its just something Sasuke said. And besides, Itachi has said before that sharigan is resistant to MS (when he was fighting kakashi) so Sasuke able to break Tsukuyomi just means that he had enough power to resist it. I don't think Kishi is trying to say that Sasuke with normal sharingan > Itachi with MS

SilentSnake
Sat, 02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Imho Sasuke's hate is just curse seal lvl 2.

sharingan + cursed seal lvl 2 were the reason he broke it and I don't even think it was on purpose, he could suspect that something is wrong with reality but he had no way of knowing for sure if cursed seal lvl 2 would make any difference in case of Tsukuyomi.

I refuse to buy the crap with normal sharingan potential vs MS, it's only a coverage for lvl 2 cursed seal with sugar added.

Chiodos
Sat, 02-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Well i don't think the chapters have really shown us that sharingan overpowered MS, its just something Sasuke said. And besides, Itachi has said before that sharigan is resistant to MS (when he was fighting kakashi) so Sasuke able to break Tsukuyomi just means that he had enough power to resist it. I don't think Kishi is trying to say that Sasuke with normal sharingan > Itachi with MS

I actally think that Kishi tries to pull it off...

"Experienced" "Normal" Sharingan User (Sasuke) > MS (Itachi)

Xscatic
Sat, 02-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Tried posting this earlier, but anyway it was a nice chapter, and it finally showed one of Itachi's famous techniques being defeated.

Everyone is saying that Sasuke got out of it with a "normal sharingan", but can you consider the curse seal tech. normal? So far every ninja who has activated their curse seal to level 2 transformed into something that either was not human and/or gain additional organs/ features that are not normal /human.

Because of this here is my theory on how Sasuke got of of Tsukuyomi: it was not a matter of a power increase or the fact that Sasuke's type of charka changed, it was just that his perceived physical shape (with emphasis on the eyes) underwent a drastic change from it's normal shape/ condition and that Itachi was not prepared for it. Remember that genjutsu can affect a person's mind through the body and vice-versa.

As for proof, look closely during the fight. When Sasuke activatived his curse seal, he was still under Tsukuyomi, dispite his efforts to fight back. Tsukuyomi only starting to brake down when Sasuke eyes changed, and after it did Sasuke was still "normal" and both of them didn't realize what happen until sometime later.

Raven
Sat, 02-09-2008, 09:07 PM
One thing I'm wondering about is why did Itachi actually bother with any form of Genjustsu, why didn't he just rip out the eyes for real straight away?

There have been a lot of "oh, it was an illusion the whole time" moments in this series. But I can't really see a reason for this one. It's his objective to get the eyes, so why pretend to?

FullMetalAlchemist
Sun, 02-10-2008, 02:38 AM
i find it funny how everyone is saying "WTF!!! Sasuke shouldn't be able to beat itachi", but wait isn't sasuke pretty much the second main character of Naruto? what did u think will happen of course he will be able to fight his brother which has been his whole story thus far, find his brother and kill him. Also it was only one part of the MS that itachi has used, which he used on sasuke before. Maybe just maybe sasuke trained himself to fight that technique since he knew itachi would use it? Oh wait the clay dude (i forgot his name dieadora or something like that) did the same thing, he trained his eye to fight gengutsu.

The reason sasuke is healed after fighting the clay guy is because of the healing powers he gained from taking in oro. he said it after the fight that he was amazed at how fast he was recovering, u just need to look back and it was explained why he is healed.

It might not happen now, but it will happen before naruto is over Sasuke will kill Itachi, and it aint cause kishi loves him it's because that was sasukes goal/character desighn from the begining of this manga. On another note, Sasuke still hasn't used the technique oro told him not to use on naruto, i doubt it was the shuricans or manda summon lol.

Chiodos
Sun, 02-10-2008, 09:11 AM
One thing I'm wondering about is why did Itachi actually bother with any form of Genjustsu, why didn't he just rip out the eyes for real straight away?

There have been a lot of "oh, it was an illusion the whole time" moments in this series. But I can't really see a reason for this one. It's his objective to get the eyes, so why pretend to?

Problaby the cheapest way of straining someones mental strength, securing your own fysical.

animus
Sun, 02-10-2008, 09:15 AM
I still think it's silly that Sasuke says I hate you so much I can just beat a technique I've never experienced before over people who've experienced it can't beat.

As far as I can tell I don't think Itachi has ever trapped Sasuke in a Tsukuyomi or even used his MS on him prior to the encounter?

TwisT
Sun, 02-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Yes he have. Back at the inn when Itachi and Kisame was going to capture Naruto. Then Sasuke came. Then he gave him a dose. And from the flashbacks from when Itachi killed of the Uchia clan. Then he also gave him a dose of it.

SilentSnake
Sun, 02-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Actually Sasuke is like the one who experienced it most often.

I guess others just died in the process, excluding Kakashi...

¥»»ÄzäzëL««¥
Mon, 02-11-2008, 03:49 PM
the zetsu thing was confusing, it took me a sec to realize that hist two sides were like arguing with each other. but i do hope that in the next chapter, that it actually shows the Amaterasu, it'd be cool if it'd explain it a little too. also, what happened with itachi's eye, like, did that one just go blind cause he was straining so hard during Tsukuyomi or what. strange.

Y
Mon, 02-11-2008, 07:26 PM

Either he can't defeat Sasuke without traumatizing him with the Tsukuyomi first, or he wanted to quickly end the fight without having to actually scrap much with him, or he is deliberately throwing the fight.

Naruto_RNG
Mon, 02-11-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm tired of arguing about wut kishi is planing with sasuke. deda vs. sasuke was enuogh shock of wut the hell just happened. Not really suprised about this one.

for some reason when I remember sasuke bring up the shuriken and stone thing, I c Itachi show up behind him and knock his head and say WTF does that have to do with this fight. lol

Wut really is bothering me is when the hell the real fight is going to start, since every chapter we get "oh he is getting serious now, the real fight begins now".

Krbadass
Wed, 02-13-2008, 02:41 PM
As one of the oldest members gotwoot has, ill let you know your all a bunch of whiners. This wasn't a bad chapter, i love the progression with sasuke and itachi. There was nothing wrong with this.

Chiodos
Wed, 02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
There indeed was actually a "something wrong." Sasuke almost stating that he can beat Itachi with his regular Sharing over his Mangekyou Sharingan.