PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 46

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 02-07-2008, 07:06 PM
DB's no. 46 (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns046.torrent).

Yukimura
Thu, 02-07-2008, 10:43 PM
I nominated this for most boring episode of Naruto Shippuuden to date. Who the fuck cares about a picture book. Who cares that Kabuto likes to wash his knives aftter killing people. There was really only about 2 minutes worth of useful material in the ep (Yamato's speech and the rebirth of the emo, the rest was just pointless nonsense.

redcat
Thu, 02-07-2008, 11:30 PM
i'd expect DB to release a v2, had a typo.

ep was kinda boring but had its moments.

next ep looks promising

Buffalobiian
Thu, 02-07-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm sure anyone would have figured out that the grey haired guy is Sai's brother, and the other was Sai himself, didn't need a 24min episode to get get through. I wonder why Jiraiya didn't tell Naruto what Yamato did. Makes me wonder how much training he actually did with Naruto.

i'd expect DB to release a v2, had a typo.

Maybe, but even if they did, I can't imagine too many people being bothered to bet it.

Assertn
Thu, 02-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I liked Kabuto's scroll thing....

But they definitely wanted to make it a point to end the episode with Sasuke's silhouette.

Board of Command
Fri, 02-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Started strong, ended strong. Garbage in between.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Yeah, big ups to Yamato for saying everything we've all been wanting to scream at Naruto for awhile now.

I wasn't nearly as bored with the stuff with the book as others apparently were. Mainly because I wanted to know about Sai so bad. But in the end it didn't really reveal much.

Anyway, someone mentioned several episodes ago that Sai's brother looks like Kabuto and I really agree now.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 02-08-2008, 04:58 AM
This ep was slow, but I also wanted to know more about Sai..but as said before, it took way too long for them to see that it was about Sai and his brother..

Looks like next ep will partly be a recap of episode 1...

Chiodos
Fri, 02-08-2008, 06:40 AM
I also did enjoy atleast the pictures in the book but not how it was done.
And I alos guess that the faceless picture represents the "noone-thingy" after taken alot of styles and such, you just become "nobody".

If that's so, then Sai in character just became more boring....

Is it just me but the animation/art just gets better and better `=D?
Dunno why, but the tree-face part were just atleast SOMETHING ^^!
Hope they'll keep the animation up, atleast until they reach the Ep1 Teaser, becuse that seems almost an arm reach before we get there!

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:21 AM
that book was pretty lame... it didn't reveal anything new..

it just says "my brother and I have to fight many many enemys so we can hold hands together in the middle" but his brother died so he couldn't reach the middle and that side is blank... so what? i knew that, since he already said that his brother died or at least he disappeared.

btw the music was great

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:21 AM
This weeks animation wasn't all that, same as last week. But I get the feeling that the creators of Naruto think that everybody who watches the show are complete morons... I felt like I was treated like a person with down-syndrome. Like BoC said, strong start and strong ending with crap inbetween.

Edit: @ KrayZ33: Is that what you're thinking? I think they both got stronger and in the end fought each other with Sai as the victor by killing his own brother. Hence the emotionless attitude. All speculation though.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:29 AM
well but look at his arm... it is reaching out to the other side... if the other person does the same thing, then they are holding hands.

i was thinking the same thing at first

"they defeat their enemys and in the end they will face each other" but well... look how he is staying there, its not a battlestance and he doesn't wield a weapon...

if they are fighting each other in the middle, then there wouldn't be a winner you see?
there isn't another side on which Sai could draw himself with the weapons and armor of his defeated brother

and he said it is "unfinished" so he can't possibly have fought him already... its more like him waiting for his brother to come to his side, thats maybe the reason why Sai is staying with his front facing the reader ...and his side facing the person on the other site of the book, its like they are standing "side by side" once his brother gets to the middle. (unlike before, at the beginning he showed the reader his side and the enemy the front of his body)

jesus lots of edits....

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Hmm didn't notice that, checking it out now. But it could be that after killing his brother he would have remorse and drew the picture like that, just to be mellowdramatic. Anyway I might be a little ahead, but could be, right? Though it's probably like you said now that I've seen the picture again.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:48 AM
well another reason for his faceless expression could be that he lost his "faith"...

you see how energic he looked when he fought his enemys? his eyes were angry and so was his mouth (it was drawn simply but its more easy to figure out his feelings) and then, after reaching the middle, he realized that everything he just did was pointless.. his brother doesn't come and you know, we cant be sure if he even died for real... what if his brother just stopped fighting and has forsaken sai? (so if sai says "my brother is already dead" it could mean that he has forsaken his brother too... he is pretty cold hearted now, which could be the consequence of this.. its like "i've fought with all my heart to reach my dream but it was useless in the end, so why should i even bother now?")

that would explain why he is still carrying that book around... he hopes for his brother to come, so he can finish the book.. but in reality he knows that he won't... BUT when his brothers will make it somehow, he can draw a smiling face if he wishes to... so its like to have an ace up one's sleeve

he wouldn't have left the other site blank otherwise.. because if he is certain about his brothers death then he would have drawn a site with a background only i think.
that would express that someone is "missing" because in the point of view of the reader the last picture isn't focussed on sai but on the middle, which leads to the thinking of "something missing" for the viewer

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:56 AM
I'd say that would be too simple and boring also, but seeing how cliche Naruto can be sometimes, it's probably that way you say indeed. Though I find my version better. :p Talking about cliches, I'd think his brother isn't dead @ all and he'll prolly show up in the anime in future eps.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-08-2008, 08:00 AM
hmmm do you understand what sakura was brabbling about in the end "so... when you open it in the middle.... sai... and his brother..." <------- ???????? yaaaa sai and his brother????okaaay......what?

at first i thought she was going to say you could start reading it in the middle, but that doesn't make any sense..

edit: ah btw about kabuto being sai's brother, thats actually a pretty good guess.. hmm if you look at 15:10 isn't sai is focussing on kabuto there?... hmm maybe in episode 45 he does the same, i ll take a look

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 02-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Had to boot my laptop again for the ep. Don't think too far ahead. Seeing how slow they're all acting, she probably noticed that Sai's brother is supposed to be there in the middle and she sees he's not and from the flashback remembers that Sai's brother is dead.

"So... when you open it in the middle.... Sai... and his brother..."
"...are supposed to be holding hands"?
Then they just soke in the drama that is Sai's story.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-08-2008, 08:24 AM
hmmmm
another thing

sai is dressed as a ninja on the last page (probably ANBU without mask)
when i recognized it as such something came into my mind.

"in Root, you have no name. You have no emotions. You have no past and no future"

so when he joined root he had to forget everything about it and maybe that book is the remaining thing which reminds him of his old dream? xD

so he's faceless because he is not allowed to show emotions (since the only way to express emotions is with the face in such a book and its a way to identify a person [no name] )

Janusz
Fri, 02-08-2008, 11:19 AM
The odd thing, in my opinion, was that Sai had two swords in the picture book. Now he has only one. What happend to the other one?
Agree with the good start, good ending, rest crap like everyone else.

Assertn
Fri, 02-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Sai's brother died and Sai didn't know what type of facial expression should be conveyed as a result, therefore he left his face blank.

Janusz
Fri, 02-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Is it just me but the animation/art just gets better and better `=D?

It's you. If you think this animation is good you're a retard. Go watch Spirited Away and Naruto will look like the drawings you made in primary school.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-08-2008, 06:09 PM
ya, compare a movie toa 300eps+ series... well done!

@ chiodos

we've seen better in shippudden already.. take episode 35 or even 34 for example

its very funny though.... they trick you very well (they always do)
they produce like 10-20 episodes which look like the shit and then 1-2 episodes which actually look pretty good (maybe even movie quality) and everyone is like "OH MY GAWD DID YOU JUST SEE THIS? it looks so realistic!"

its fine with me because as long as the fights are animated very well everything is alright for me, because that is why i'm watching naruto in the first place (the story is great too don't misunderstand me)

but trust me.. in like 3 or 4 episodes the quality will go back to that of the fillers for another 5 episodes then again they will start making some better animation from episode to episode until they reach the animation level of Naruto(normal) 30 or 133 and everyone will think that the animation will get better now...

they just trick you but as i said, i m fine with that ^^

i predict episode 49 or 50 to be awesome and ~52 to be filler niveau...and i m pretty sure that i'll be right (at least when it gets to animation)

SilentSnake
Fri, 02-08-2008, 08:07 PM
One of the "You study at a nursery school, right?" eps

I was completely surprised by the thing with the book, I'm glad they had to explain everything... NOT.

Sasuke at the end -> he should slip on a banana or something to stop this foolish try of being cool, but "you're late" said to Oro (?) was still fun, it's as if he was a baby tyrant waiting for his dad to come back with a toy.

Anyway -> I mentioned this a long time ago and it's not an unknown fact, but for those who don't know:

Every ep is made by different studio, so expect crappy eps to have crappy animation and good eps to have cool animation, that's all there is to it really.

IMHO best 2 studios are those that made Naruto ep 30 (lots of fight scenes marvelously animated, but image quality was well... does anyone remember those f*ucked up sasuke's face sigs and avatars? :P ) and special sasuke vs gaara ep 66-67 IIRC (helluva good image quality COMBINED with helluva good animation, BUT the amount of fight scenes is cut in half, don't blame the fight itself cause it's just being naive).

Idealistic
Fri, 02-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Sai's brother died and Sai didn't know what type of facial expression should be conveyed as a result, therefore he left his face blank.

Man I didn't even notice that. I was just like whatever when i saw the blank face.

That's so touching... I'm about to cry. So sad for Sai. :(

Janusz
Sat, 02-09-2008, 10:52 AM
ya, compare a movie toa 300eps+ series... well done!

@ chiodos

we've seen better in shippudden already.. take episode 35 or even 34 for example

its very funny though.... they trick you very well (they always do)
they produce like 10-20 episodes which look like the shit and then 1-2 episodes which actually look pretty good (maybe even movie quality) and everyone is like "OH MY GAWD DID YOU JUST SEE THIS? it looks so realistic!"

Which is exactly the point I made, smartass. It's shocking that when you look at the pre-timejump flashback this ep the animation is just so much better than the new material.

Chiodos
Sat, 02-09-2008, 11:25 AM
It's you. If you think this animation is good you're a retard. Go watch Spirited Away and Naruto will look like the drawings you made in primary school.

I actually prefer Mushishi over Spirited Away but that's becuse I liked Mushishis art-style.
Calling me "retard" becuse I cheaptly get sold on trivial matters when it always looks so damn ugly must of the time...

Well, that's just dumb.

@Kray:

Yeah, I know that I've been tricked and it's not the first time they use "slightly" improved animation in a episode like this.
And yes, it feels so cheap but meh... ^^

Janusz
Sat, 02-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I actually prefer Mushishi over Spirited Away but that's becuse I liked Mushishis art-style.
Calling me "retard" becuse I cheaptly get sold on trivial matters when it always looks so damn ugly must of the time...

Well, that's just dumb.

Well it's just that you were so overly enthousiastic, I thought you were the next fanboy screeming out loud how great Naruto is. Nofi dude :) Animation might have improved slightly over the crap it was but nothing to be excited about, that's all.

Archangel
Sat, 02-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Argh everytime i come to these threads u guys r always bitching about the episodes XD Just enjoy the good parts and screw the bad ones i say. Nice sasuke is back, but in narutos condition it isnt really gonna b much of a fight. Cant w8 to see how this ends.

SilentSnake
Sat, 02-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Naruto farts and Sasuke goes wacko just like Kiba, but not because of the smell but because of the nasty view of Naruto's gases incoming(sharingan sees it all!).

Sorry if I spoiled it for you :D

Board of Command
Sun, 02-10-2008, 03:53 AM
Beyond the Clouds and 5 cm are both leaps and bounds better than Spirited Away in terms of animation. Spirited Away's colorfulness makes it look better than it is.

I'd say 5 cm has the best animation I've seen in any non-CG movie or series.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Steamboy!

Wait, why are we talking about this?

Bread-sama
Mon, 02-11-2008, 03:45 AM
I don't even bother to watch this shit anymore. Manga is so freaking much better.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I like when people complain about animation and then talk about how much they love the manga(not referring to the above poster). I find that deliciously ironic.

Abdula
Mon, 02-11-2008, 03:58 PM
No Irony there. I think most manga readers who watch the anime do so specially to see their favorite characters, fights, etc animated so when the animation is bad it pretty much defeats the whole purpose and its completely disappointing. In any case I still don't see the point what does reading the manga have to do with complaining about the bad animation in the anime. Bad animation is bad animation.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Because no animation is worse than bad animation? You may not agree but I thought my point was pretty clear.

KrayZ33
Tue, 02-12-2008, 05:50 PM
i don't get your point...

edit: uh nm i just read it in a weird way, sry

however no animation can be better than bad animation... it pretty much destroys everthing when you read the manga and imagine the fight in your mind and then watch it in a bad animated anime.

Which is exactly the point I made, smartass.

not at all...

Chiodos
Wed, 02-13-2008, 06:38 AM
What you just wrote can be compared to when you read a...fantasy book or some sort and then watch in on film.

KrayZ33
Wed, 02-13-2008, 10:19 AM
well it possible happens from time to time, but normally thats not the case when its a movie with real-people and persons...

take lord of the rings for example or even Harry potter... they are pretty good, actually i don't know a single person who was not satisfied even the ones who read the books.. with anime and manga however, ... thats a different case.... most animes trie to be very close to the manga so there are "key pictures" (for example battlestance -> first attack move) very often and the character simply moves from one "key picture" to another... thats simply not worth it.

Idealistic
Wed, 02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I see where Darth is coming from, but I have to take KrayZ's side.

Like he said, when you read a book, you can sort of picture what is going on. Then when it gets made into a film, specifically the ones who try to stay as close to the book as possible, it just completely wows you. The successful ones at least... such as LotR and Harry Potter like KrayZ mentioned.

Mangas are pretty much the same, except they also have pictures which gives you a more specific look at what's going on. So when the animation doesn't meet your standards, you complain about how shitty the animation is.