chapter 308 scanlation out by frankey house,
see it at onemanga.com.

and yes, kenpachi is the best.....:D

animus
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm glad this fight doesn't disappoint.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Scanlation by Franky House (http://rs143.rapidshare.com/files/88458890/Bleach_308__FH_.zip)

What a tease at the end of the chapter

Abdula
Fri, 02-01-2008, 09:19 PM
This whole chapter was a tease because nothing happened and why do all the arrancar feel the need to explain their abilities, they're all going to die so who cares.

rockmanj
Fri, 02-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow, that went by almost too fast!

Inazuma
Fri, 02-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Uber Pwnage of DOOM
Zaraki so full of win ... 308 Shock Paddled Bleach back to life.

Abdula
Fri, 02-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Wait, did we read the same chapter because I have no idea what you're talking about.

DDBen
Sat, 02-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I actually agree with Abdula here... Nothing happened in this chapter well except #5 accidentally removing Zaraki's eye patch which he's likely to regret. At best this means next chapter we get to see his release from the looks at it he's going to need it. I'm looking forward to seeing if Zaraki has managed to obtain his release yet or not but that aside I expect this to go exactly the same as all the captains fights have so far. Captain wins against unreleased espada. Espada releases and suddenly looks like he won. Captain ignores espada's ability and kills him again like he's nothing.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sat, 02-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Nothing new in this chapter, well at least nothing I didn't expect. Kenpachi's kicking ass as usual. :)

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-02-2008, 10:12 AM
I think Kenpachi was going to release his sword, due to him saying that he now has an excuse to bring 'him' out. But now that his eye patch has been torn off I don't think he will need it now. Remember, he was knocking back Bankai's in SS with his eye patch on, and we have to assume everyone in SS has been training since then.

michelous
Sat, 02-02-2008, 10:35 PM
i think kenpachi won't go bankai till the other guy release
(most people think kenpachi's sword is auto-released like ichigo)
the other thing is that kenpachi still has is patch on so he has more to show my guess is kenpachi will remove his patch soon then Nnoitra Jiruga releases then kenpachi goes bankai and kills Nnoitra Jiruga

Inazuma
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Abdula, I understand your point. Its not that we did not read the same chapter, its just that I'm a Kenpachi fan.

And as long as Kenpachi is kicking ass, nothing else matters.

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm a Kenpachi fan too, I think everyone on this forum who reads Bleach is but he didn't do anything at all in this battle so I still don't get it.

Chiodos
Sun, 02-03-2008, 04:32 PM
I didn't really get the "him" part and then BAND HIM got in my mind wich ruined my mood... Actually, I didn't get the chapter at all... except for the attack/block/avoiding scenes.
We've been all waiting for the Kenpachi fight bit it just doesn't FEEL.....

So, next! The "whatever-his-name-was-again"'s realease and then........maybe a Shikai : D?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Well hopefully this arc will show whether or not Kenpachi's sword is already at Shikai. I personally think its not at Shikai, and when he releases it, it will be his first release.

Krazeephlip
Mon, 02-04-2008, 04:21 PM
I am kinda curious though... I thought Kenpachi LOST to Ichigo way before Ichigo even released his Bankai... Which, of course means that Ichigo is pretty bad ass (not saying that Kenpachi is weak)... And then Ichigo discovered his Bankai which made him way stronger!
So, Im thinking... if Ichigo was able to beat Kenpachi pre-Bankai, and now can't even touch Nnoitra... What chance does Kenpachi have against him?
... The only thing I can think of is that Kenpachi has realized his Bankai... Otherwise Bleach's scale of powers is kinda off - kinda the way Dragonball Z went sideways.

Abdula
Mon, 02-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Um. Ichigo's bankai didn't make him any stronger. Byakuya accurately described it as a condensation rather than an expansion of his power. The only real effect bankai had on him was making him much faster.

Inazuma
Mon, 02-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Well Ken-chan won against Ichigo, Ken-chan allowed Ichigo to injure him.

Dont forget, that, unlike every other char in the manga, Kenpachi fights for fun. And if Kenpachi had to fight to its fullest in order to "Survive" then, not even Chuck Norris could beat him.
Imagine all chars as athletes, everyone is competing with their life or the life or their friends in the balance. Yet Kenpachi, that is fighting for fun, is still able to overpower every opponent he encountered so far.

TwisT
Tue, 02-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Kenpachi didn't go full out against Itchigo. He didn't even use Shunpu. He didn't try to win. He tried to have as much fun as possible. He just took all Itchigo's blows head on. So i have the feeling Kenpachi adjust his power and style to fit his opponent to make it as fun as possible. If he had used his all Itchigo wouldn't even had been able to land a blow. And i don't think he could even survive the first swing.

Yukimura
Tue, 02-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Yoruichi did mention that Ichigo's spiritual pressure baseline went up when he got Bankai and she also commented that his sword skills and battle instincts increased as a result of training with those flimsy swords.

I think I expounded on this already in a previous thread but I'll try to give the cliffs notes version of how I think the power scale in Bleach works.

Every character has a baseline 'power level' that is expressed in their common fighting ability (power level here is not just spiritual pressure but also techniques, finesse, and ability to defend against people of similar power level etc). In addition to their baseline power level I think everyone in Bleach also has a maximum potential power level that is generally higher than their baseline but they have to do something special to activate it (release a sword, take a pill, remove a glove/eyepatch, etc).

Using this theory as a base my explanation for Ichigo vs Kenpachi goes like this: Kenpachi has an insanely high baseline spiritual pressure, so high in fact that he doesn't need to release or anything to operate at a captain class power level. Ichigo had a high lieutenant class baseline power level when he encountered Kenpachi, however he has always had the highest maximum potential power level in the show just by being the main character. When he fought with Zangetsu against full power Kenpachi he was operating far above his current baseline and utilizing part of his potential power level, which is bigger than Kenpachi's baseline power + the no eye patch boost. The form Ichigo was using his potential power in was a focused direct attack, if Kenpachi had used any fancy tricks I don't doubt he could have avoided Ichigo's blow and struck him down. However Kenpachi is a direct fighter so he went at him head on and the results were pretty clear, Ichigo was able to overpower him with his temporary power boost. But if you had put another captain against him in that state Ichigo would have most likely been defeated by some sort of technique since the other Captains probably wouldn't gamble at letting someone with so much raw power land a hit on them.

The thing Hichigo said about he and Zangetsu being one and the same and the way the mask kept appearing randomly to save him seemed to lend even more evidence to this theory. If you equate Ichigo and Zangetsu fighting together with a watered down Vaizard transformation then it makes a lot more sense that he'd be Captain class for a little while, just like activating his mode now makes him Espada class.

All that said, Kenpachi's baseline is just plain crazy. He can shrug off captain class techniques of even bankai level, and other than an enormous burst of pure power sent directly at him that he doesn't try to block I don't think anything could ever really stop him.

Chiodos
Tue, 02-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, maybe that's the only thing he has, raw power, and when the day comes that he manage somehow to achieve more than just that then........

.....then damn, that's just way to much.
Actually, I'm going to throw a stone and say, if he doesn't already have Shikai or something and achieve it, even Bankai (and some training, ofcourse), then he's somewhere comparible to....say.... Yamamoto?

EpyonNext
Wed, 02-06-2008, 07:04 AM
This chapter had some great shots of ken. I cant decide if the one of him blocking the cero or the pic of him smiling when his eye patch gets ripped off is cooler.

Edit: As for Kenpachi using a release, I really dont see it happening. Kenpachi + Bankai(or shikai depending on your camp in this debate) would be such a weapon of destruction, it would annihilate whole realities. As such I see it as Kubo's "Ace in the hole." It wont get used on 5, at most we'll get our dicks tickled with a hint he;s acheived it.

Of course, 309 could easily prove me wrong.

Krazeephlip
Thu, 02-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Holy crap guys!
Those were all great explanations!
So, I guess what you guys are saying is that Kenpachi simply raises his fighting ability to the level of the person he is fighting so that the fight is more interesting for him... Now that makes perfect sense what he said in this episode "about getting used to" Nnoitra.
So we actually dont really know the full limit of Kenpachi's power... AWESOME!
He was one of my favourites, but then I lost faith in him cause I thought he was so weak after Ichigo moved on. But now he's back to one of my tops!

Chiodos
Fri, 02-08-2008, 05:41 AM
If Kenpachi manage to get stronger and stronger, and the base is just raw power, then just that kills alot in the series for me. I want more techniques and Kidos and stuff. Just cut your enemy gets tired for a while. ....

Becuse Ichigo is very similar when it comes to raw power and it has already put a strain on the series. Even the Huego Mundo Arc is very similar to Soul Society, I atleast hope that the new enemys had more than just "cut-a-bilities" becuse they feed on souk particles. Or something.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-08-2008, 07:54 AM
I think that Kenpachi, much to his disgrace, has a shikai similiar to his #3 officer (divisionn 11 #5 - the pretty guy with the eyebrows) - a non-combat shikai.

it'll be some kind of comedy relief, and makes will allow Kenpachi to have something to do outside of fights.