PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 387

Koyuki
Fri, 02-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Chinese raw (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=32458&name=%5BRaw-Manga%5D%20Naruto%20387%28chn%29.torrent)

hitokiriender
Fri, 02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
scanlation (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=10232)

poor sasuke...

animus
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Ruh roh. Well we know it's not gonna happen, so yeah...

hitokiriender
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Ruh roh. Well we know it's not gonna happen, so yeah...
Actually... I'm not 100% sure it won't happen. Follow me on this strange land called 'my brain'.

If Sasuke loses his eye, what if he happened to get another one? Say... from Kakashi? Kakashi would say something glorified like he was giving it back to the Uchiha clan, either on his deathbed or not, and that would be the 'big event' they were talking about. Of course, that would mean Sasuke would have to turn good, or at least go back to Konoha, and Naruto will be all happy and crap again.

Yukimura
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Lol that was a pretty fast chapter. I'm not sure how I feel about the amount of Shuriken spamming that went on though. Why can't the good ninja figure out that other good ninja don't get hit by shuriken? Cool use of Oro powers though

Sasuke will pull something out of his ass and escape of course, hopefully it won't be a Curse Transformation, but he does seem to have integrated that into his fighting style somewhat so I won't rule it out.

Idealistic
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:59 PM
I can just picture how that shuriken spam is going to be animated.... I don't even want to see it.

But back to the chapter, if this is the end, then this was a pretty quick fight. I could never really interpret everything that was going on in a manga. What did Itachi do to Sasuke? It looked like he just threw him into the wall or something.

edit: Oh I think Itachi used some MS jutsu.

Orochimaru isn't dead, he's going to pop out!!! I just know it!!! :eek:

On the last page, it could be either Sasuke or Itachi screaming "gwaaaah". Again, i can't interpret that last frame. All I see is the Uchiha symbol and a tomoe.

DDBen
Fri, 02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Anyone else bothered by the fact Sasuke just took on Deidara at most a day before this unless my timetable is completely off.and was critically injured in that fight with his curse seal level 2 wing being removed from his body and all and yet now we are suppose to believe he is capable of taking on Itachi one on one? I mean seriously not even Naruto has healing powers of that level and while Orochimaru did have abilities of that sort I don't believe them to be teachable to Sasuke it just seems kind of absurd to me.

I honestly hope Itachi plucks out his eye or eye's in this fight.I mean seriously he's suppose to be one of the top ninja's period at this point and I just can't see Sasuke winning this one in his current state.

Death13a
Fri, 02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I liked this chapter; it had eye popping action. :eek:

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I think Sasuke losing one eye would be a satisfactory scenario. Itachi gets a powerup of some kind at least, and Sasuke lives on in a way that he can still fight to continue the story.

February
Fri, 02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Anyone else bothered by the fact Sasuke just took on Deidara at most a day before this unless my timetable is completely off.and was critically injured in that fight with his curse seal level 2 wing being removed from his body and all and yet now we are suppose to believe he is capable of taking on Itachi one on one? I mean seriously not even Naruto has healing powers of that level and while Orochimaru did have abilities of that sort I don't believe them to be teachable to Sasuke it just seems kind of absurd to me.

When Sasuke had his fight with Oro, its assumed that he received some of Oro's powers as well, which includes incredible regeneration ability. Its not something Oro taught to Sasuke. This is confirmed in the past few chapters when Sasuke asks his team to go after a rest at the inn, and he exclaims something in the lines of how incredible Oro's regeneration ability is.

If what I assume is correct, then 1 day is plenty of time for Oro's regeneration powers to work competely. After all, Orochimaru was the most regenerative character in the entire series, so its not hard to believe

Sidnne
Fri, 02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Cool chapter. Pretty much anything could happen at this point; itachi could take sasuke's eye, that could be itachi screaming, there could be interference from someone (including orochimaru or kabuto), or some crazy unknown occurrence.

Either way, I think whatever happens will be pretty interesting.

My gut is telling me that it is Itachi screaming at the end though.

I'm going to just throw a crazy theory out there for the hell of it even though I know its not going to happen. Here goes:
Itachi takes Sasuke's left eye, then Sasuke manages to escape with the right eye still intact. Realizing he is no match for Itachi and, now with one eye, never will be, he makes his way back to Konoha and seeks out Kakashi. Sasuke then removes his own eye and gives it to Kakashi, charging him with the task of doing what Sasuke could not, killing Itachi. A now blind Sasuke then disappears from the story only to emerge years later at the scene of battle between Kakashi and Itachi. Sasuke has spent his time in exile training his senses to become a skilled, blind, shinobi. He assists Kakashi in battling Itachi and delivers the final blow. Sasuke then claims Itachi's eyes for his own and returns to Konoha to resurrect the Uchiha clan with some foxy, yet to be introduced, girly ninja.

Abdula
Fri, 02-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Woot, that was nice. I'm really not looking forward to seeing how they would animate the shuriken spamming either especially considering what they did in the last episode.

If Itachi is going to take Sasuke's eyes it isn't going to be one. Why would you take one when you could have both and all the talk since Akatsuki was introduced was about his eyes not an eye.

I knew Sasuke wasn't ready to take on Itachi but still their battle was great, Genjutsu and everything. Everything we've seen of Sasuke since he was reintroduced has just been awesome but as both Oro and Itachi said his jutsu's just aren't on their level yet.

All things considered I don't see how he could possibly beat MS without having it himself, if he had a different fighting style I would say he had a chance but his style is similar to Itachi's and in that case it comes down to who has superior techniques.

Its funny that since Jiraiya we haven't seen Itachi struggle in the least in a single battle he's had, it could be argued that he wasn't even struggling in that battle either. To this point we still don't have anyway of really judging his strength..

yet now we are suppose to believe he is capable of taking on Itachi one on one? I mean seriously not even Naruto has healing powers of that level and while Orochimaru did have abilities of that sort I don't believe them to be teachable to Sasuke it just seems kind of absurd to me.

Yes Naruto is able to heal that quickly, he heals from damage after one night of sleep and if you noticed what Sasuke did after his battle with Deidara was sleep. Oro didn't teach Sasuke that ability he got it from absorbing him and Sasuke mentioned before how his healing was accelerated since he absorbed Oro. So I'm perfectly willing to accept it and since your argument is based on time and we have no way to calculate time then yeah I would say your time table is completely off. Plus didn't Karin treat his injuries as well.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 02-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I think that it is just an illusion, either that or you are going to see Sasuke bust out the MS, I could see that happening!

SilentSnake
Fri, 02-01-2008, 06:56 PM
too fast, too easy, hell of a teaser.

It must be the first time I really want next chapter NOW ;)

Xscatic
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:39 PM
nice action in this chapter. But you would think that Sasuke would primarily use something, hell anything else other than "endless shruinken barrage" against Itachi's speed, strength, agility, the speed of his seal formations, and genjustus. And then you have to consider his use of the MS.

Because of these factors, i agree that this is just some illusionary "what if " fighting scenario that they are going through (like two masters who gauge themselves before fighting, unable to make a move) before the actual real fighting begins.

And if this is the actual real fight, I hope and pray that Sasuke pulls off some next level-type whatever to get out of that position.

Xscatic
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:39 PM
nice action in this chapter. But you would think that Sasuke would primarily use something, hell anything else other than "endless shruinken barrage" against Itachi's speed, strength, agility, the speed of his seal formations, and genjustus. And then you have to consider his use of the MS. And you have to wonder why Sasuke only use his Chordri techinque on just one windmill shruiken out of the many he used?

Because of these factors, i agree that this is just some illusionary "what if " fighting scenario that they are going through (like two masters who gauge themselves before fighting, unable to make a move) before the actual real fighting begins.

And if this is the actual real fight, I hope and pray that Sasuke pulls off some next level-type whatever to get out of that position.

joker-kun
Fri, 02-01-2008, 08:23 PM
I am not a Sasuke fanboy, but I doubt the fight is over, or if it is I doubt Sasuke will lose his eyes. I can see him losing one eye, just because then he still has some chance of becoming strong, but common; an Uchiha with no eyes? I don't think his "hate" could help him after that, specially against someone who would end up having EMS.

I see Sasuke's cursed seal coming out now, or we could always have a big surprise (or is it?), and he pops out MS. I think something will happen though.

Assertn
Fri, 02-01-2008, 09:00 PM
The fight wont end before Sasuke uses the curse seal.

I'm with the others that it might not have been Sasuke that screamed at the end...
Then again....it definitely seems even more out of character for Itachi to be screaming.

Who knows? :confused:

Edit: Actually I know...
It was Zetsu who screamed, because Sasuke used a genjutsu to make Itachi think that Zetsu was Sasuke.

Raven
Fri, 02-01-2008, 09:01 PM
It's nice to see Itachi still pwn the shit out of Sasuke even at this point of the series. Rightly so. I still don't think they're even in the same league. I'd honestly like him to take at least one of his eyes at this point, it would demonstrate how much of an "end-boss" Itachi still is, imo.

With only one or no eyes remaining it could open up different story angles for Sasuke, albeit very different to what we're used to.

toonice714
Fri, 02-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Good chapter. I think the eye will be lost but he will continue fighting. I dont think he will care too much about his eye if he can kill itachi. Anyways i think sasuke using those shuriken was great. It makes that trip to the uchiha weapons base totally worth it instead of being some dumb plot device to buy more time for the story. Also im glad he threw them all because that shows how great itachi's skills are even with that blurred vison that he showed last chapter.

All in all i hope this fight is done so we can FINALLY see suigetsu fight!!!! He is awsome i mean look at that those menacing teeth! He's crazy! he's like the small asian guy on the simpsons who you know is going to do something cool when you look away or least expect it

poopdeville
Fri, 02-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I've got a feeling Sasuke gained more than just healing powers when he took Orochimaru's bijuu into his mind. For one thing, I have a really strong feeling he gained Orochimaru's ability to puke a snake/Orochimaru out. Which might mean that even if Itachi takes his eyes, a "new" Sasuke would appear, complete with eyes.

I don't see the point in Itachi taking his eyes now. In fact, it would ruin his "spares". Sasuke still doesn't have the Magnekyu Sharingan.

Sidnne
Sat, 02-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Good chapter. I think the eye will be lost but he will continue fighting. I dont think he will care too much about his eye if he can kill itachi.

With any number of other characters that would be correct. But, Sasuke is an Uchiha, this isn't just an eye we are talking about, we are talking about sharingan. He had better care if he loses an eye.

I don't see the point in Itachi taking his eyes now. In fact, it would ruin his "spares". Sasuke still doesn't have the Magnekyu Sharingan.

Yeah, that's one thing I don't quite understand about this either. Itachi has basically already told Sasuke during this fight to come back when he has MS. But then he tries to take his eyes anyway.
So now it seems like Itachi doesn't need for Sasuke to have MS in order to take his eyes? If that's the case then why the hell did Itachi wait so long to take his eyes; why didn't he just take them years ago?

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sat, 02-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Sucks for Sasuke, he always had an eye for trouble.

Yeah...I'll go away now.

Assassin
Sat, 02-02-2008, 02:16 AM
I still dont get what stealing sasuke's eyes will accomplish....when madara stole the eyes from his brother, they both already had MS.....all this will do is give itachi a new pair of eyes, with no MS. Unless he goes and activates it himself, in which case, he'd end up going blind again (or atleast he should, otherwise it'd be pretty gay).

Also, last chapter itachi said that dozens of people had killed each otehr to attain the MS thru out uchiha history, which directly contradicts the whole 'only 3 ppl have ever gotten it' thing. anyone wanna explain that to me?

UChessmaster
Sat, 02-02-2008, 05:43 AM
why didnt madara and his brother just swithced eyes or something?

Raven
Sat, 02-02-2008, 06:19 AM
otherwise i'd be pretty gay
Quote of the month already, so soon into Feb.

Anyway, when this chapter eventually gets converted to anime, the watchers will know straight away who screamed as they can hear the voice. I like it better this way, it keeps us guessing.

Idealistic
Sat, 02-02-2008, 08:00 AM
why didnt madara and his brother just swithced eyes or something?

Loopholes man! Well, actually, I think madara's eyes probably deteriorated quicker than his younger brother's, so I don't think bad eyes would do his younger brother any good. Or simply, he just didn't care about his younger brother.

@Assassin, I think they tried, but I don't think any of them ever got MS. Being a genius probably comes into play. And I was going to quote that typo, but Raven got to it first.

As for why Itachi wants the eyes now, he probably needed "strong" eyes, and not just any type of eyes. But yeah, that's still kind of lame.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Would the MS eyes of Madara's brother also have deteriorated like Madara's? He swapped one crap pair of eyes for another.

Munsu
Sat, 02-02-2008, 01:48 PM
You don't lose your sight because of having the M. Sharingan... you lose it by using it. His brother might've not been tempted by its powers like Madara did.

Rikudo
Sat, 02-02-2008, 01:49 PM
With all the eye snatching going on, Kakashi better start running or else Tobi will pluck his left eye out when he see's that Kakashi have a MS.

Assertn
Sat, 02-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't think just "switching eyes" is the point to EMS. The process they're following has two effects. First of all, it's the act of killing your brother, which in itself has to be a factor considering that the requirement of killing your friend was for the first MS. Second of all, the demon behind Itachi/Madara shows two sets of eyes, which suggests that it's the combination of both pairs that creates the EMS, not just the replacement. Maybe there's a process to physically merge the eyes into yours or something....

joker-kun
Sat, 02-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree with Assertn completely. I think it requires the new eyes and the old eyes. Also as stated above, it might just be that people tried to gain the MS, but couldn't even after killing their friends, but when Itachi spoke of three being capable he meant present time didn't he? So who knows there could have been more in the past. It was probably well hidden and forbidden.

As for Itachi wanting Sasuke's eyes now his explanation has been very vague (thus the reason for so much speculation about this, and the above points.), but -I- think what it is is you need someone who is capable of gaining MS. Sasuke is definetely capable, along with his hate, but he was just too stubborn to kill Naruto.

Assassin
Sat, 02-02-2008, 04:45 PM
atleast this serves as a partial explanation to how kakashi might have gotten the MS...i guess that implies that tobi was also capable of getting it. And also, kakashi should be able to use MS without and eye deterioration.

Rikudo
Sat, 02-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Since all Uchihas' have the same last name, maybe the whole inbreeding is what makes the sharingan very powerful but at the same time causes blindness.

michelous
Sat, 02-02-2008, 10:36 PM
he could be using a genjutsu

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Orochimaru's bijuu into his mind. For one thing, I have a really strong feeling he gained Orochimaru's ability to puke a snake/Orochimaru out. Which might mean that even if Itachi takes his eyes, a "new" Sasuke would appear, complete with eyes.

Ah, Oro is not a bijuu, and I don't know what you think but that jutsu Oro used always appeared to be just a trumped up substitution in my opinion and Sasuke being able to make his eyes reappear if Itachi takes them would be just plain dumb.

which directly contradicts the whole 'only 3 ppl have ever gotten it' thing. anyone wanna explain that to me?

It was never said that there were only 3 people in the history of the clan to gain MS.

With all the eye snatching going on, Kakashi better start running or else Tobi will pluck his left eye out when he see's that Kakashi have a MS.

I was thinking about that too but if he already has EMS he wouldn't need Kakashi's pathetic eye and like I said before if for some reason he has lost it then there is Sasuke. I mean his whole obsession was with Sasuke so if anything he would take Itachi's eyes once Itachi takes Sasuke's.

Maybe there's a process to physically merge the eyes into yours or something....

There must be because one, you can't just pop out people's eyes just like that and even if you could you can't just pluck your own out and put their's in. When Itachi sent those tentacle like things after Sasuke's eyes I thought that it had to do with genjutsu. We all ready know that MS can affect the physical world and Itachi has already mastered genjutsu. So using MS and some advanced genjutsu that removes Sasuke's eyes and then merges them with his is not a stretch. It could be something like Oro's transfer jutsu in that the actual transfer takes place within another dimension.

atleast this serves as a partial explanation to how kakashi might have gotten the MS...i guess that implies that tobi was also capable of getting it. And also, kakashi should be able to use MS without and eye deterioration.

What makes you think Kakashi will be able to use MS without his eye deteriorating. They said that MS naturally deteriorates and that using it only speeds the process up, so I thought it was inevitable.

Yeah, that's one thing I don't quite understand about this either. Itachi has basically already told Sasuke during this fight to come back when he has MS. But then he tries to take his eyes anyway.
So now it seems like Itachi doesn't need for Sasuke to have MS in order to take his eyes? If that's the case then why the hell did Itachi wait so long to take his eyes; why didn't he just take them years ago?

Well so far there is nothing to prove that Sasuke needs to have MS before Itachi takes his eye and since Kakashi acquired it I really don't see why he would need Sasuke to as long as Sasuke's eyes are capable of it. As for why he would wait so long, he was waiting because he wanted to fight him when they both had it. He told Sasuke that killing him back then wouldn't serve any purpose because he was too weak.

So I would say that he waited that long because he wanted Sasuke to gain MS on his own and then both of them would face off against each other. I suppose that due to the extent that his eye has already deteriorated that he is forced to take them now before he goes completely blind and not wait on Sasuke anymore.

joker-kun
Sun, 02-03-2008, 03:50 AM
I wonder if Kishi is going to make the Sharingan even stronger and pull off something where Madara is trying to combine EMS with EMS. You know, like steal Itachi's eyes (hypothetically if he got them off Sasuke, which I don't think he will), and combine them with his own. I think it would be horribly stupid, but with the constant Sharingan secrets you never know.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I think any more powerups for the Sharingan will be pretty stupid now. Yes we know its powerful, but enough with the SSJ level 1->4 crap. That only worked in DBZ. Barely.

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Actually I don't mind the sharingan power ups because thus far they aren't really that spectacular and they don't make you ridiculously overpowered or borderline invincible with unexplainable god like abilities like they did in the other show. It hasn't gotten ridiculous yet because we haven't seen the practical applications of EMS yet and its not like the other show where after one person gets it everyone jumps on the band wagon too.

I mean Sasuke is one of the major characters if not the most important character in the show and he doesn't have MS yet. So I don't see what the problem is its not like six or seven characters suddenly busting out MS, at worst the most we will ever see is four and its not like it makes you invincible so its no biggie.

Assertn
Sun, 02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
This is definitely better than SSJ 1-4.
The higher level SSJs were completely improvised, and were way beyond anything any Saiyan had done before...yet here you end up with 3 or 4 of them who can all do it now.

The EMS is just one powerup that will push Itachi back into the number 1 spot where he belonged since like, episode 5. He's been downplayed a lot since shippuuden started. Clearly, this was not improvised, as it finally explains the plothole that had been left since the first flashbacks of the Uchiha massacre. Remember when people used to complain about that?

Chiodos
Sun, 02-03-2008, 04:59 PM
I just hope they don't switch back onto another scene becuse that would really be a slap in the face...

I'm still thinking how the Rinnégan (sp?) is supposed to be stronger than Sharinang. They left that out so unclear and maybe wont even touch the fact untul after the Tobi battle. Maybe not.

And is is theoraticly stated that Kakashi, if using MS to much, would eventually go blind? If so, by any chance, when they switch back to the Tobi scene, Kakashi will somehow pluck out his eye/eyes ^^? Now, that would be very lame but still...

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I don't understand why only a brother's eyes are needed. It isn't like Madara went around plucking out everyone's eye's, and only his brother's ones worked. His brother was the first one he tried, and his eyes worked. I don't see why you can't just rip out any old Sharingan eyes and put them in yours.

Assassin
Sun, 02-03-2008, 11:03 PM
well obviously you're rite....but in the naruto-verse i think its implied that madara researched this and found out that this would only work with brothers. its possible that itachi isn't his first disciple.

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 11:04 PM
It was evident since the very beginning that Kishi had thoroughly researched and planned out this manga and now its just all coming together. I have to admit though that when I read the first chapter of Naruto I never would have imagined that it had the potential to become such a serious and intriguing series. They have really stepped it up since the time skip and now Kishi's manga is positioned to surpass Toriyama's.

Stop worrying about how the Rinnegan could be stronger than the Sharingan there will be plenty of time for that later and reincarnation would trump anything else the sharingan could possibly do.

well obviously you're rite....but in the naruto-verse i think its implied that madara researched this and found out that this would only work with brothers. its possible that itachi isn't his first disciple.

Its not just possible its very likely I mean at the very least he is about 125 years old.

biglamchops
Mon, 02-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Sasake wakes up and he has his brother's eyes..now they both have "enternal light".

FullMetalAlchemist
Mon, 02-04-2008, 02:06 PM
i believe sasuke is gonna lose that eye, but i think he will later recieve kakashi's sharingan to replace it. this will be what brings sasuke back to the leaf/narutos team. Most likey team7 or someone gonna stop itachi last moment so he doesn't get the second eye/kill sasuke.

conquistaDan
Mon, 02-04-2008, 03:34 PM
That is probably the most coherent, well thought simply put theory I've heard in a while. Nice job man.

I don't think anyone is going to save Sasuke. However, Kishi making no visual from he screm, makes me believe that it might not be Sasuke (as much as I'd hate to say it, because I hate him and like Itachi much more. And I would be making Assert N right who I know in RL)

I also think that Itachi is going to get the EMS from his little bro.

Idealistic
Mon, 02-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Kakashi won't give his eye to Sasuke. It's more along the lines of, Sasuke only wants to kill Itachi, so he's going to have to kill Kakashi to regain his lost eye.

¥»»ÄzäzëL««¥
Mon, 02-04-2008, 06:44 PM
(yeah, im new to this forum, i dont care)
i couldnt be more certain that the itachi/sasuke fight isnt over yet. i kinda doubt itachi gets his eye too, why would sasuke use shuriken-dominant techniques against someone he KNOWS has superior skill in them. and that was way too short, this was a battle that's been promised since volume.1., so it couldnt be over. my theory... i think it's genjutsu (probably sasuke's), and neither one of them is injured yet, zetsu is just watching like ''what the hell man, do something''. i just hope to hell that itachi doesnt die, he isnt my my favorite character, but he's still sweet.

i imagine the animation for the ''endless shuriken'' technique will be much like the needle fight between sasori, chyo, and sakura... 20 minutes of dodging in the same pattern, with the occasional deflection

Dont double post. Use the edit button,
-Assassin

Sidnne
Tue, 02-05-2008, 02:20 AM
my theory... i think it's genjutsu (probably sasuke's), and neither one of them is injured yet, zetsu is just watching like ''what the hell man, do something''.

I was thinking that in the back of my head as well, wouldn't that be something if Sasuke had managed to capture Itachi, the genjutsu master, in a genjutsu of his own.

Abdula
Tue, 02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Did you read the last chapter because they were exchanging genjutsu since the very beginning.

Sapphire
Tue, 02-05-2008, 02:38 PM
i imagine the animation for the ''endless shuriken'' technique will be much like the needle fight between sasori, chyo, and sakura... 20 minutes of dodging in the same pattern, with the occasional deflection

I certainly hope not, I'll cry if they ruin any good fights that bad.

¥»»ÄzäzëL««¥
Wed, 02-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I certainly hope not, I'll cry if they ruin any good fights that bad.
im hoping, since it's a huge fight compared to most others, they'll take a little longer with it. i dont mind waiting a little longer for the release if it means higher quality in the animation

Death BOO Z
Thu, 02-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Honestly, can't they kill each other already? I've been hating Sasuke since about chapter 9 and he's still alive.

my prediction?
scene skip to the snake team, and afterwards to Tsunade, Madera and Kabuto, and then we'll see a black coat in the final page, and we'll find out that Sasuke is still alive and kicking.

I still believe that Itachi is helping Sasuke, that's the sort of Vibe I'm getting from him.

Garhert
Thu, 02-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Well, the chapter was a little short but good. But I don't understand the thing with that Genjutsu. If Sasuke and Itachi both know that the other one uses a Genjutsu why can he get into it? I mean if that kunai and shuriken moves were just Genjutsu (I don't think, but it could be) why does that "scene" exist? Isn't it like only the weaker one could get into a Genjustu? Or can you know it is a Genjutsu, see it but it don't affects you? I don't think the sharingan-users are the same like a Sakura who can break the Genjutsu.

And was it stated, that the one who loses is eyes really lose it? Maybe he only lose the "sharingan-ability" and not his eyes or goes blind...?

Assertn
Thu, 02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Maybe the genjutsu occurred at the part where Sasuke saw Itachi's kage bunshin after the shurikens? Then again, whose genjutsu would it be if the last frame was genjutsu anyway? It seems unlikely that Sasuke could ever pull a genjutsu on Itachi without Itachi noticing, but it seems pointless for Itachi to imitate the removal of Sasuke's eyes for a second time via genjutsu...

Maybe it's Sasuke's genjutsu and Itachi is playing along....

Abdula
Thu, 02-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Personally I believe their genjutsus are over and done with and what were are seeing her is the actual battle. Most people are trying to convince themselves that its a genjutsu because they don't believe Sasuke could be defeated so easily but anything is possible.

Sapphire
Thu, 02-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I think it's still genjutsu. Someones, I don't know who. Everyone's?

Death BOO Z
Thu, 02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
if it's still genjutsu then it will be really stupid. it might as well be another of those mega-clones that Zetsu eats.

the fight is too big to be a fraud. and we've finished with the genjutsu stage a few chapters ago.

Abdula
Thu, 02-07-2008, 06:23 PM
From the way this battle has gone so far it could still be genjutsu most likely they are still testing each other out. I don't know if a battle could be fought entirely using genjutsu I suppose with these two it could and that seems to be Itachi's favorite method of fighting. Them using genjutsu doesn't make the battle stupid I find it to be really impressive and I think it would be logical for Itachi to try and defeat Sasuke using genjutsu. Either way genjutsu or not Sasuke is still screwed, I really don't see how he would be able to defeat Itachi.

poopdeville
Thu, 02-07-2008, 11:28 PM
From the way this battle has gone so far it could still be genjutsu most likely they are still testing each other out. I don't know if a battle could be fought entirely using genjutsu I suppose with these two it could and that seems to be Itachi's favorite method of fighting. Them using genjutsu doesn't make the battle stupid I find it to be really impressive and I think it would be logical for Itachi to try and defeat Sasuke using genjutsu.

Of course it could. Genjutsu is "just" the focusing and manipulation of your chakra in your opponent's brain. This is why Tsukuyomi could kill. Jiraiya explained this, and how to break free, to Naruto way back (mold as much chakra in your head as you can, in a big burst).

This is also why I think the Rinnegan's secret is a genjutsu -- each of Pein's six bodies use genjutsu on the other 5, so they can all see what the others see.

Abdula
Thu, 02-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Actually what Jiraiya told Naruto was to disrupt his chakra flow, first by stopping the flow of his own chakra to stop the effects of the technique then try to break out of it by building up a large amount of chakra.

Anyway my point was that Itachi doesn't seem to be willing to use MS to defeat Sasuke and although he is way better at genjutsu than Sasuke is I doubt he is good enough to kill him using it alone.

conquistaDan
Tue, 02-12-2008, 04:03 AM
Agreed on statement 1

However, I don't agree with you on him not being able to kill him on Genjutsu alone. He can easily kill him or anyone else trying to break out of it with out even his MS. I don't know why people give Sasuke so much credit over and over again. He's not good. He hasn't even mastered or tried to master his MS. That's a huge waste of time in the Uchiha clan. People should know this by now. And on top of that, where Sasuke is now, Itachi was when he was 6 years old. So for me to be impressed he'll have to do more than enter Naruto's mind and see Kyuubi. Sorry.

chet_chetty
Tue, 02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
That's exactly the point Sasuke is proving/trying to prove to Itachi. He's not trying to master MS because he feels he it simply is not required to defeat another MS user. He also feels that his sharingan as is plus all the other skills he has gained can defeat Itachi's MS. At the very least, Sasuke has proven that he can defeat Tsukuyomi without using MS himself.

This fight will ultimately prove that it is Sasuke, not Itachi, who surpasses his limits and releases himself from his capacity. Also, it is because Itachi puts all his faith into MS that he ends up doing just the opposite.

SilentSnake
Wed, 02-13-2008, 05:13 AM
How can Sasuke try to master his MS if he does not have MS yet? oO

Moreover, Itachi wasn't where Sasuke is now at 6...

People (and Kishi:P) give Sasuke credit cause his potential is blown out to be larger than Itachi's from the very beginning.

What would be the point of Sasuke actually dying on Itachi? Kishi tries to prove that one can surpass his/hers confines so in the end Sasuke wins.

To achieve that he has to be stronger than Itachi, so it's more like some ppl don't give him ENOUGH credit.

It doesn't change the fact he's one cocky bastard of course...